Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  7:56:07 PM  Show Profile
No, not my window, I wish! A pic from Face Book. Now I do want to make one of those! I have those blue water bottles on my Bottle tree in my garden. Don't forget to turn your clocks back this Sunday, Nov. 3rd! I am glad to visit the Porch, I have been sick since Friday, hurting all over and popping out in sweats, some kind of bug , it felt like. Still dragging around! LOL! Can you believe Friday is Nov.1st! Where did this year go? I have been loving the cooler temps, but going back to 80's for 2 days,then back to 65!! Wonder why we are all sick! LOL!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  07:56:04 AM  Show Profile
I hope you feel better soon Connie. It's no fun being sick :(

Judy, I think you took my snow. I was all excited for it (even got up in the middle of the night to see it falling) but it never came. Just 15 minutes south of us they got 1/2 an inch and about 45 minutes south they got an inch!

Peggy, you're wearing me out just listening to all you do!!

Congrats on your magazine and new projects Bunny, I'll pray for your moms house situation.

Tammy maybe a walk after school would help with the stress of the day. Kids sure can be ornery! I used to run everyday, but I ran a marathon in 2010 and I think I was runned out! It's been hard to get back into it.

Cherime - you said rain is odd for October - does it usually snow or is it usually dry? I would love to visit Alaska someday.

Well, not much is new on my end. Yesterday we baled some corn fodder to help reduce the cost of straw. It doesn't work as well as straw, but hopefully by mixing the two we'll be OK. We're going to bale again this afternoon once the frost is gone (and fog today). But, first I need to get off here and get the dishes done. Hope everyone's having a great week.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  08:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Should be snowing by now. It might melt off but should be snow. The monsoon season is from about mid August to snow. :)
Bunny that is great!!!!!
Off to mess with the blog. Also had a horrid time all weekend trying to update covers on the books. Only three books to update but Amazon was a bear. Finally had to send them an email to get it done. Smashwords worked like a charm. Back to work.
Blessings all.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  7:26:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Heather, I feel so much better today! I picked up sticks and limbs form the last rain storm, put them in the fire pit in the ground and got them all burned down, Made a trip to the road side Farmer's Market to get some Tomatoes before they close for the season, which will be this Sunday. Nice just sitting here on the porch and resting. HUGS!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  8:14:09 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies,
Just popping on quick before bed. Hubby and boys are out of town this week on FFA convention trip. So just me and the dogs.

Peggy I just finished up my bible study tonight. I have to say this was probably my favorite Beth Moore study and was sad to see it end. Next week we are starting one that has Priscilla Schrire, Kay Arthur, and Beth Moore from when they did the deeper still conventions together. It is a bit shorter one to do before Christmas and then we will break until after the new year.

Bunny so glad to see you on here. How is school going for you?

Judith received my tea and loved the recipes Thank you.

well I just wanted to say hello and that I have been missing yall so I needed a spell on the porch before bed.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  8:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Well Girls...I know now I am "Certified Organic" because I got a live slug in my cauliflower. LOL Hee Hee

Heather...sometimes I make myself tired...going, doing, thinking, reading!! LOL

Cherime...I am shocked that you don't have snow yet. We have a lot in the Mountains...making them look
so beautiful and majestic.

Connie...I am so sorry that you have been sick. You are like me though...you just keep pluggin along and
still doing what you have to do.
You really should make one of those blue bottle wind chimes. They are beautiful! I love that cobalt blue.

Teacher Tammy...I hope you are sleeping ok with all you men gone. Glad you have the dogs. You just finished the James study right? I loved that study too and also hated to see it end.

I have a book I want to highly recommend to all My Christian Porchies...it is called The Harbinger by Johnathan Cahn. It is a must read for all Christians.

Well, I have to go work on Mail Art. I put my list together tonight and send out on the last day of the month. Lot of work but I enjoy it.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  10:10:37 AM  Show Profile
So much has been going on around here. I kind of lost touch with God for a while and was aggravated with some things that went on in my church so I left. I think that I've found a wonderful little church now that's actually across from my parents house. Who knew? So I'm out of my slump as they say and back on track.

We just pulled the last of our garden last Sunday. We got a lot a sweet potatoes from just one we planted. We were told you had to wait for the frost to turn the plant tops black and then harvest the potatoes. Wow! I'm glad that I used old tires stacked up for them. They just kept going and going downward. It was great! It was the first time I ever tried planting them.

For the last couple of days I've been working in the kitchen. I baked 5 loaves of sourdough bread yesterday. It smelled so good in the house. My husband also harvested a couple of deer in the last two weeks. I made some jerky the other day. Apparently it was good...according to my hubs. :)

Fall is in full color here in the knobs of Kentucky. I have a great view.

This is the view from my front porch..I took a couple of weeks ago before all of them turned. It's raining today so I'll take one here soon and one from the back porch where I'll be hunting from.

Hope that you guys are having a great week. Happy Halloween tomorrow!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  10:21:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!
Heather, sorry I took all of your snow the other day. I'll try not to be so greedy next time. *giggle*
Judith, TyTyTy...I got my TeaSwap package yesterday. So many goodies. I was all excited about that envelope. It was soooo purty. Where did you find such a thing? I didn't want to cut it open. But I tried to peel it open and it was having none of that, so I had to cut it. Popcorn tea...hmmmmm, can't wait to try that. I found out just this year that I like rose tea. I had heard so many people bragging about chocolate-rose tea, but couldn't find any. So I bought some rose tea and mixed it with some chocolate tea. mmmmm-mmm(as Andy Griffith would say)heehee, what a wonderful surprise! Mighty fine, mighty fine(also Andy). *giggle* Always liked Andy Griffith!
Ok girlies, knock it off, it's just too plum early for all these bugs ya'll are getting already. We have a whoooole winter season to get thru yet. Don't even LOOK at me with your germs...back...back(pokes pitch-fork at you).hahahahahahahaha
TLTammy, have a great "Bachelorette" week there, just you and yer doggies. Do all the things you can't do with all that testosterone flying around. Have fun, ENJOY!!! *giggle*
Connie, don't you just hate seeing all the Farmers Markets and Stands closing? We have one that is staying open for the first time this year. hmmm...wonder where all that produce will be coming from. Normally it's local stuff. It will be interesting.
62/sunny today. Now that everything is frozen and crisp,'cept our trees, still green ,NOW it's getting warm again. *giggle*
Oh well, such is Fall in Ohio! Gonna go out and enjoy some of it today and play in the yard.
Oh...Mama called me last night and was all bubbly, saying that she ate a whooole can of mushroom soup, all by herself. She was so surprised at herself, since her appetite has been crappy for so long...and she just had to call me and tell me. hahaha Things are looking up. Just had to share that with yuns!
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  10:26:53 AM  Show Profile
Hey RoDonna, welcome back! I like that sweet potato idea. I may have to try that.
Sounds like you've really been busy. I'd like to try some of that jerky, sounds good.
I've never had any before. I've had turkey-jerky. It was really good!
Have a great day! Come back soon, ya hear? *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  12:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Well...here is our Sassy Lasie Judy...Good Mornen to you Sunshine!!! Wow...Mama ate an entire can of
mushroom soup by herself. (Yuck!) Up in the Great North West we just use Mushroom soup for Gravy and Green Bean Casserole. LOL Not many people use it for soup. It's probably cuz we are Weird up here and we want
to Keep it that way. But glad to hear that her appetite is returning. That is Great!

Snow doesn't sound good. I like to look at it on the Mountains! I love a new Snow...that just looks
perdy then melts and goes away. We are sure having cold weather though. Suppose to start raining on
Saturday and go through all of next week. Not looking forward to that. I will be in Seattle for part
of that time.

Sounds like I am going to enjoy that Tea Packet!!! Can't wait until mine comes!!!

RoDonna...pretty picture off your front Porch! I thought that I might try growing Sweet Potatoes next year
too. We eat a ton of them, hubs and I. So, might as well do a Container of them and give it a try.

Well, I pray that "LOVE WILL TAKE US OVER!" and we will REJOICE In a Beautiful Day!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  6:59:42 PM  Show Profile
howdy ladies,
I tell you my butterflies are going to have their wings permanently clipped. Today I had to break up a fight between two boys. ONe was mad and decided he should just grab the other's neck and pull hair. I was like are you three or what? Needless to say it meant phone calls to sweet mamas, a walk to the principal, and some major letters of apology. I am beginning to think they are possessed. Good Lord I am going to need a new set of wings at this rate.

Peggy I did Beth's study on A Women's Heart on the tabernacle. I want to do the James study. Hopefully soon.

I am enjoying the quiet house and my sweet dogs keeping me company. They are behaving and I get the TV to myself...that rarely happens in this house.
Just wanted to pop in
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  7:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Love this pic from face book. Nice walk to the porch tonight. It is cooler tonight, we have thunderstorms coming in tomorrow.

Tammy, My hubby is a retired Sp. Ed teacher.35 years! He had a lot of days like that! He had a prayer that he loved, taped inside his grade book! and his desk drawer!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  08:25:38 AM  Show Profile
It sounds like everyone is enjoying their week so far! I would like to know more about this tea swap you ladies are doing. I LOVE tea. Maybe I could join in for next year????

Love the picture Connie. You really find great ones. It's not really that colorful here this year. It's like things go from green to dead. There's a few yellows and oranges tucked in, but it's not nearly as pretty as fall in Ohio can get.

This is only a short visit to the porch as I have a bunch of Christmas crafting to get done. My goal is to have everything but my baking done before my birthday (Nov 30) so that I can enjoy the holiday this year rather than getting stressed out. Hope everyone is staying dry. There seems to be lots of rain going on for everyone (myself included).

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  1:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...better their wings clipped than yours my friend! They need to learn to play nice
and learn that good behavior is part of growing up. Those little rascals any way!

Connie...Gorgeous path to The Porch. Glad you got that picture before somebody decided to sweep
those leaves away. Like Mr. Wind. LOL Really that is my Favorite Fall Picture So Far.

Heather...I promised Miss Judy that I would take over the Tea Swap for next year. She has organized
it for ever and needs a bit of a break. So, in December (remind me if I forget) I will start asking
for gals to sign up. We only need 12 gals...and it is so much fun. Something I know I enjoy every year.

Well, HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY PORCHIES!! One of the Trees Turning in our Neighborhood. Pretty transition!

Love and Big Fat Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  1:07:56 PM  Show Profile
Peggy invited me awhile back to join all of you so here I am! We had a bit of snow last night but this morning the sun came out and melted it all away. After a chilly start we are are in the upper 60's with lots of Colorado sun.
I just love all the pictures y'all post, fall is beautiful
Hugs,
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Oct 31 2013 1:08:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  1:14:51 PM  Show Profile
Happy Halloween porchies! Sounds like we've all been busy!

More later, but I just have a quick heads-up for Judy: Quorn grounds. Oh. My. Goodness. I can't even tell they're mushrooms instead of ground beef!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  2:55:53 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, just a quick pop on and off the porch~ I've discovered Quorn grounds also! They are the best! So far we've used them in chili, beef, vegetable soup, sloppy joes..yum!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  2:23:26 PM  Show Profile
Nice out here on the porch today!Love that Pic, Peggy! We have beautiful Fall Weather here for the next 6 days with no Rain. High's in the low 70's!! Got all the Windows up, enjoying the Fresh Air before it gets too cold. It was a great day to un-pack Thanksgiving decorations, especially Farm Girl Art. I am working on My Fall tree, will post a pic later. Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  11:02:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi. My PORCHIES...had a great train ride to Seattle. Even got a little rest. Grand daughters were so happy to see me.
We went out for Pho Soup for a quick dinner...then Madeline had swimming lessons.

When we came home I got some of that Halloween Stash. Lol The girls made a haul. My son said people were handing
Out hands full because not that many kids were going house to house.

Well...I am having a terrible reaction to their new cat. Been blowing my nose all night. Took two allergy pills and
They have done no good. I feel awful.

Suppose to have pictures taken with the girls tomorrow but not sure...as I might look like Rudolph...from blowing my
nose so much.

More later...hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2013 :  6:41:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch family! Peggy, so happy your with the girls, sorry about your stuffy nose! I saw the pic of that Grand Girls Candy! Wow! She had a Mountain of Candy! Beautiful Picture ! Rodonna. Still enjoying cool temps and Sunshine here.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  1:05:56 PM  Show Profile
It was chilly on my front porch for real this morning! In the high 40's. So I did get my lap quilt, coffee, the cat and we enjoyed the sunshine for about 45 minutes. Then I cleaned out closets all day! The linen closet first! and awwwwwwwwww I found My Santa Pillowcase, Great Aunt Mattie made me when I was in first grade. I had not been to the back shelf of that closet in 26 years! Soup and cornbread for supper! Have a good evening, My Porch Family !Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Nov 04 2013 1:06:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  4:38:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Connie, where do you get all that energy?!

Well, Tea Ladies, I did mail out all the pkgs last week. I see only 2 have mentioned receiving it. (I had to re-mail Peggy's). Hopefully, the rest of you have received your tea. Please let me know if you did not. Did someone hi-jack the postman?

It's rainy and cold here today! I have a nasty cold. Must be Fall in Iowa.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  6:43:32 PM  Show Profile
Judith - I received my tea and I'm excited to try it! Sorry I haven't been on to let you know I received it.

PeggyAnn - I would like to be on the list again for the tea swap, November again if possible. It's interesting you mention Pho soup because M* said he wanted me to fix some next week. BJ's Mongolian BBQ did a testing of Pho soup at one of their restaurants in Michigan and we both loved it and were highly disappointed when they didn't add it to the menu. It's so neat you can take the train with the grandkids. What a neat experience. I took the train from Boston to Detroit one summer with the kids when they were really young.

BFTammy - Sorry you're having so many problems with your little boy butterflies. Hopefully the girls are making up for it.

I'm excited to see so many people on the Porch visiting.

I'm so excited, this Saturday will be my last day working at W*lmarts! I'll have my weekends back finally!!! I'm just so happy I could do cartwheels LOL. Sunday we're planning to go to Fargo to look for an outfit for me for the wedding. Can't believe it's next month. I've waited way to long to find a dress but there's just been no time to go to one of the bigger cities to shop.

So what's everybody been reading? I finished One Woman Farm by Jenna Woginrich. I think I've read about 3 of her books now. This one was written a little bit differently but I liked it since it starts in the fall and covers one year. One of the woman on our Yahoo French Chic group wrote a book that was released two weeks ago called Forever Chic that we're doing a book discussion on. I also finished The Saint, The Surfer, and the CEO by Robin Sharma. I really liked his book The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari a couple years ago. This time of year reminds me of when I lived in Maine and there's a romance that I like, Wedding the Highlander by Janet Chapman, that starts about this time of year that's set in Maine so I pulled that out and read it. I've read it probably 100 times lol I then read another in the series that's actually is a prequel.

Well supper is almost ready so I have to get going!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  4:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judith, I did receive your tea too. Sorry I didn't post sooner. It is true that you have to worry about the mail being delivered. Going to make a cup right now to have with my pumpkin bagel I got at Panera bread today. Yum!

TLT, It's going to be a long year! Drink alot of wine, oops I mean tea!LOL!

Peggy, Don't worry about your red nose, It's your Christmas picture Isn't it?LOL!

Must run but wish you all well.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  5:01:45 PM  Show Profile
Judith, thanks for the tea I did get it eventually. mail can be a trial up here on occasion. Then with two more in the house, things are chaotic at best. GDD and significant other are messy and I have to pickup after them all the time. Both of them are a bit disconnected.

I have been working hard to get another book done. Almost there. Did some new book covers. I found a nice person who tried to do a couple of oovers for me but only two really filled the bill. So back to doing them my self.

And then I was bad and naughty Sunday. I got to the gym after waking up early as the time change had taken effect. Decided I needed another driving fix. So by 4am I was out the door and off the 250 miles to Homer AK. I really did want to do the 2200 plus to Seattle via Canada but sadly not enough $$$. So Homer had to do. But when I got there the ferry Tustumena was back in operation. Whoa! I never been on the Tusty as she is known up here. It went over to Seldovia, a little fishing village. The tourist season was over, it was a rainy Sunday so I figured I would not have to worry about a lot of people. Took my truck as there are about 15 miles of road and I wanted my own place to sit in. Had a great time. Started home at about 7pm got home shortly before midnight. I threw a crumb to the driving beast.
The ferry and the village of Seldovia

blessings all

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page