Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  07:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Love the panjo.
Thanks all for the kind words on the poem. I thought English breakfast might be of interest. Also, the little bags are reusable. I used unbleached muslin and cotton string. They should be alright for those watching what they ingest.
Blessings all.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  09:52:04 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, got my tea. Thank you! Love English Breakfast. Sweet poem. You do have a way with words.

Peggy, I'm ok with the fire. It is very far away from us. We are in the middle of town so no worry it will reach here. However, my old house in calif. is in the path of a very big fire. Mixed feelings there. The devil in me says let it burn. But I would hate to be the people that own it now and deal with that nightmare. Log houses are hard to rebuild.

I have been sewing quite a bit. My kids sewing camp went well. I taught for 4 days but it really needs to be a five day class. They just can't get it done in four. It really wears me out though. After 3 hours and a 30 minute drive home, I head for bed the rest of the day. I wish I had medical insurance so I could deal with this somehow. Obamacare should kick in later this year. I have been on the states list for low income for two years now.
I haven't sold anything else on my etsy store. I did add 4 new things yesterday. I have some new projects planned for today.

I start school again late September. All online this time. I didn't get the jobs at the collage. Miranda I have pretty much lost my confidence myself. I'm putting all my energy into my sewing. It feels so right. I can only hope this is what I'm suppose to be doing.
Hard to tell what God has planned.

Tammy, your butterfly's look wonderful. Wishing you a great school year.

Patsy, what an awesome banjo! Or panjoli...how cool is that! Sorry you had to sell your baby.

Tammy in ND, I have been looking at the RV live myself. I just need a steady income and I'm there. I think many of us will have to adjust to that kind of life. I'm ok with it as long as I can have my kitties, Internet for my store and my sewing things. My dream is to be able to make a living sewing and living in something small like that.

Well, I need to get to work in my sewing room. Too many ideas going on. I have to post something new almost every day to be noticed on Etsy.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  09:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, it is sometimes very hard to tell what God is doing or wanting us to do. Thanks, glad you like the tea. Do not lose confidence in yourself, just remember, not us but him. Since he is leading, its not big deal. We are just following his lead.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  10:02:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies -

Mom is at the hospital now getting her PET scan for the cancer. Prayers and good thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - and a big hug to all of you!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  10:54:16 AM  Show Profile

Bunny...glad that you are fine girl! What they keep showing on TV...the fire looks like it is just right
outside of town. ~ Are you teaching in Portland or Tri-Cities for your classes? That is a long way to drive
to teach anything! Gosh...I just don't know how you do it. No wonder you have to go straight to bed...so,
would I. I can tell you one thing girl...you have Tenacity an a "Go-get em attitude" That may not be paying
off for you as you wish...but is Darn Impressive let me tell you.

Luanne...praying for your mom and you.

Cherime...good advice to Bunny and all of us. When times are tough it is hard to see God in your presence
but He is there. I decided to take all my Bible Study Ladies...back to our First Love ~ JESUS this fall. We have all been Christians for years and have live a lot of life and studied a lot of Bible...but when it comes
down to the nitty-gritty It is all about Jesus and how well you know Him.

OK...I'm off to go do something with my grand-daughter. It is suppose to be in the 90's today.

Have a Beautiful Day girls and do something to Encourage Someone Else!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  11:48:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi All, Time just gets away from me anymore, with all the running I do for mama and for us too. Thank you all for Prayers and concern. Big ((((HUGS)))) back to ya'll!
Tomorrow, we find out what the Pt Scan has to say about the 3 chemo's she's had so far. I'm asking God if He could make it so that she doesn't have to have all 6 of them that they originally said she'd need. She's becoming a tired little bag-o-bones. Poor thing. At 85, she just doesn't have an appetite. Plus food tastes weird to her.
Cherime, I got my teas yesterday. I love E.-B. tea too. Are they both E.B.? They are in 2 different types of bags. That's what's fun about a TeaSwap...we get to try all kinds of teas! Isn't it fun?
Miranda, so sorry for you & Hubby's loss. Praying for your comfort.
TLTammy, thanks for sharing the pic of your butterflies. Yup...you're gonna have your hands full. Just look at those ornery little grins. *giggle* What a cute bunch though.
Patsy, the posse went out 10 times to find you, I think! heehee Good to see you on here again. Yup, we are Sissies! *giggle* (only I don't wait QUITE as long as you do to appear) Tell Jim he did a GREAT job on that instrument. Pat his wittle, swelled-up head for me, will ya? Try to keep that swelling down if ya can. hahaha
Thanks Gals for all the goodies that have been appearing on this porch. I have thoroughly enjoyed them.
Have a great day Gals!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 21 2013 11:54:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  11:53:50 AM  Show Profile
Judy the small bag is EB. The other is supposed to be a citrus type stuff but may have an EB base.
Well just put novel Mile 43.3 Richardson Highway on Amazon. Probably will be a couple of days before it is for sale. Will just have to see how that goes. Later all.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  6:05:16 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, it is only day 2 and I have already got a butterfly story. Well I could tell you several but I save a few for later this week.
This morning we were having math and we heard a rumble outside our door. I said I wonder what is going on out in the hall or next door. Butterfly says: Its the dinosaurs coming back to eat you Mrs. Schroeder. I said yikes...I better fly as I need my wings. I just laughed...too funny.

I just thought I would pop in for second. I am off to do bible study homework and have tea and then bed. Going back to work full time is taking some getting used to.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  8:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Cherime
Got the teas and I love the choice. Nice added touch with the poem. I used to write poetry but life got i the way and I haven't written in many years.

Judy
Poor Mama. The taste thing gets different all the time. One day I could eat/drink something and the next I couldn't. It does get better when it is all finished. Praying for you all.

Peggy
Nice tomatoes and lucky you with the necklaces! Have fun with you GD. Don't worry about your Mother's mouth. All of us in the medical field have heard it all and been called it all!LOL! Praying for you all too.

TLT
You had me laughing. 2nd day and you"re whipped already!LOL! Summer was too short! You should have left the dinosaurs eat you! Out of the mouths of babes.

Luanne
Praying for you and your mother also. It's just never ending as you go through it.

Patsy
Nice Panjoli. Can't even imagine making it!

Miranda
Sorry for your loss. In my prayers.

Bunny
Don't lose your confidence. You are so talented. Remember when one door closes, another opens. In all things be thankful because God doesn't let you go where he doesn't want you to be. Just think about all the things we all have wished and prayed for and then later asked ourselves, What was I thinking? Your calling is fabric!

Went to my family Doc on Thursday. A new one as the other 2 retired. I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient he was. I will pass this along to you because Pertussis, whooping cough, has become a problem and is raising it's ugly head again. If you have Not had a recent vaccination you need to get one. They made my daughter and her husband get it when she had the baby. The kids were already covered but theirs weren't up to date.

Went to the Oncologist on Monday and my liver and kidney enzymes are elevated. Result of chemo and drug I'm on now. Just will keep an eye on it. I just rebuke it in the name of Jesus and it's a done deal!

Blessings and Prayers all of you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  12:51:01 AM  Show Profile
First off Missus Miranda...sorry for your DH's Loss of his Aunt. I am sure it affects you a great deal too.

Teacher Tammy...oh My, those sweet little faces...just don't look like they could cause you any grief at all! *giggle* They are so adorable...thanks for sharing the Picture. I kept looking for you in there too and then,
went..."OH, duh...who do you think is taking the picture???" LOL It's been a long day and I am not even
teaching. Loved the story too. Kids say such Funny things. They just crack me up!

Judy & Patsy...let's all pray that your Mama won't have to take the last 3 treatments! It has to be so hard
on her at her age. ~ my mom just finished day two of the Canadian Radiation and she is doing good. I hope it
stays that way. She is marking each day off The Calendar as she goes. She is just a little more tired so far.

Patsy...I did send the Posse out 10 times for you...so were ya ALL on Vacation or what? LOL I love the
Banjoli too it is so little and cute.

Cherime...Hope your book goes well. Have you already started your next one? How do you come up with
so many plots? I read so much...I think surely there is No New Plot under the sun.

Darlene...I am having fun with the Grand-daughter...she is a breath of fresh air. She is just a really good
kid and so fun to hang around with. And I love the fact that she wants to hang around her grandpa and grandma. Tomorrow we are going to trim her hair (just the split ends) and do our nails together. That
should be fun. Friday we are going to see some movie she wants to see...that doesn't really interest me...
but I will go just for her and eat lots of pop-corn. LOL

Thanks for what you said about my mom's mouth...but I think that is just RUDE! She can be kinder if she
would give it a little effort.

OK...I'm done in girls. Off to bed to SLEEP! Probably too tired to even read tonight.

Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  06:41:03 AM  Show Profile
Peg, me too. I think all plots are a variation on a theme, boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy finds girl the end. How the rest goes is the story. The plots and stories just come to me.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  10:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, like Judy, I heard the hoofbeats..ROFL wow! 10 times! really? It's SO nice to be missed anyhoo. :)

My hubby decides we are going north to Ohio for Labor Day. I know we're tired of all the rain. (watch it follow us up there)
So change of scenery, plus showing off his new truck, well new to us, it's a 99 Ford Ranger Edge. Going tent camping with the kids over the weekend, weather permitting..so ya...sort of sidetracked here. Just sold my Daewoo and miss her much. She was the best thing on gas and you know a V6 is going to take a bit more gas to get to Ohio than my baby. Bought a pop up camper, can't get it up to clean it, so been kind of bummed.
We've had 30 inches of rain ABOVE the average this year and the bugs are loving it. Can't do a thing outside or they fly up your nose etc.

ok, enough whining, hahahha sorry for all the complaints.
We're leaving next Thursday morning, so need to pack stuff, busy busy busy.

love n prayers, hugs n squeezles..later gator

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  10:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message

just wanted ya to see the baby booties I crocheted recently for family.
The first ones are crochet thread and the 2nd ones are yarn.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Aug 22 2013 11:28:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  11:19:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!! How is everyone! So I'm sitting here getting ready to write when I hear "Jingle Bells" in the background. I go to investigate because the older two have built a fort with my blankets and dining room chairs in the middle of the living room. Homeschool at it's best, I'm telling ya. Anyway, my youngest son has put in a Christmas DVD in the boys room. I know I need to get busy on homemade presents but was not ready to hear the songs. LOL! That's ok though. They tend to watch "The Polar Express" all year long.

Patsy...those booties are so cute! I love homemade baby items. They are so much more special than store bought.

Well, I have some swaps to make and people to send letters to. So excited to keep my crafts ongoing. I love to make things for others. I made this for my friend/Mary Kay Director this past Christmas. It was a lot of fun to make and she put it up in her office.

Hope you girls have a wonderful rest of the day and evening!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  3:51:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Well, today was a let down. Mama got her blood drawn and checked, but Doc wasn't even there. WHAT!!!! On vacation???? WHAT!!! He was suppose to reveal to her what her Pt Scan said. Next week they said. Great! She was really down in the mouth after that. She even made PB fudge, PB cookies and choc chip cookies and took some in for him. She ended up giving some to the nurses instead. They were happy!
So the wait continues. God must have some special news for her!...right Peggy? *grin* I rebuked the cancer in Jesus's name too!
Patsy...such ca-uuute booties. I want those white ones in my size! HarHarHar....(i'll give you till Christmas...nuff time, yes?) *snicker/snort* Love the itty-bitty converse. Such detail! That's my crafty Sissy...BUT...I'm the pretty one and...Mama loves me best!!! hahahahahahaha
RoDonna, I could watch Polar Express all summer too. That and a few others cool me off. hahaha Christmas is ONLY 4 months away! Acckk!
Cherime, I love mixing different teas to see what I come up with. I've created some really tasty ones. BUT...forgot to write them down. hahaha I'll just bet that the 2 you sent me will go great in the same pot. When it cools off, I'll try that experiment. It's suppose to storm this evening and cool back down to the 70's/50's at night. After 4 days of high 80's/humid, I'm ready for the break.
Patsy, you can't wait to get here can ya! Cool and dry! If you bring rain...then you can just march your hiney and it back down to NC!LOL
K Gals, have a great evening!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  08:19:10 AM  Show Profile
Judy I will try mixing. Great idea.
The Foreigner concert last night was great. It was raining the entire time, one of those soaking rains. They were almost an hour late starting. We all waited anyway. Even the expensive seating down front got soaked. I love that sax part on Urgent. I do think we surprised the band as the outdoor theater was packed rain or no rain. This was one gig not rained out.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Must have been raining everywhere! We had a similar experience at the Rodney Atkins concert in New Milford, PA at the Harford Fair. Actually, we had a bad t-storm just before concert time, so the start was delayed over an hour. It only sprinkled a little during the concert itself, but the mud was pretty bad - actually the people in the chairs (expensive seats) had it much worse than those of us up in the bleachers. Have to say I wasn't that impressed with the concert. Rodney was great, but his band was so loud that they drowned out his voice a lot of the time. Maybe just bad accoustics.

Mom is still waiting for the results of her PET scan also - why does it take so longer?

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  08:57:24 AM  Show Profile
We had a thunderstorm right when hubby got in last night too...around 8PM and it intensified after he got in and we tried to sit on the front porch with kitty. But it started spraying water on the porch, so Rascal and I came in. Hubby came in shortly after. He loves to watch thunderstorms.(I can see them from inside just fine...thank you very much) *giggle*
It had stopped before we went to bed but I heard it sprinkling this morning again around 6 AM.
Now I have Mama's laundry to wash and hang out in the sunshine.
Have a great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  1:01:32 PM  Show Profile
We had rain last night too girls...but I wasn't at an outdoor concert. Went to Crafting Group and
I felt OK at first when we headed home, even though my Grand-daughter said, "It looks like it is
going to rain grandma." I said, "I don't know I'm not feeling it yet." FAMOUS LAST WORDS! So,
I'm sitting in the recliner watching TV and all of a sudden my legs were hurting, then my pectoral
muscles, then my feet and hands, then arms and shoulders and back. (Sheesh...what else is there?)
Glad I wasn't at a concert that is for sure...they would have had to carry me out.
But that is why I wasn't on last night. I felt to horrible...took meds and went right to bed.

Hope to day gets better.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  10:47:54 PM  Show Profile
I love everyone's creative work! The booties are so cute. RoDonna, nice wall hanging.

Judy, what a bummer about the doctor! I know they need to have a life sometimes. Just wish they would think ahead. He could have had so done there to give you the important info. At least your momma's treats didn't go to waste. Sometimes I think the nurses do most of the work anyway.

We had some rain here too. I was thinking the firefighters probably appreciated it the most.

Time for bed. Night all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  11:59:11 PM  Show Profile

Hi My Porchies...The City of Vancouver USA has placed all these cool Heart Pieces of Art all over this
Summer in our Fair City. When I first started to notice them...I decided I would take a picture of each
new one we ran across. So, far I have close to 20. I thought it might be fun to show a few every night
until I've shared them all with you. The first one is of my Grand-daughter who goes home tomorrow. I hate
to see her go...she has been such a delight. Pink is her favorite color and she spotted that one right
away. I put the other one on for all my Cat Mama's on here and the last one is just so colorful. All except
the pink one that Hallie is standing next to...feel like they are made out of glass. That one was textured
like an impressionist painting. They are being called Vancouver's Art for the Heart. It has been so much
fun hunting them down so to speak.

Weather is doing me in tonight. Been hard couple of nights. I know the firefighters are thankful for it...
but I'm not. Hallie's Dad is a Spokane County Firefighter and one of their guys died last month...so, it
has been hard on her. We had a long talk about it last night...I just let her spill her guts and all her
fears and then we talked and I wrapped my arms around her and prayed for John's safety and Hallie's fears.
It was a very special connection and tender time between Grandma and her. Thank God we can help our Grandkids and play such an important part of their lives.

Patsy loved the slippers!!! I have a cute pair I had a friend make for my Grandson...I'll post some time.

RoDonna nice wall hanging. Love the High Heels.

Cherime glad you didn't let the weather hold you back from a good Concert. You Go Girl!

Off to Fantasy Land...in my newest book. Bet I don't get very far tonight as...my eyes are
open with toothpicks as I type.

Night Girlies!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 24 2013 12:02:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  4:48:34 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, those hearts are so beautiful! So glad you are enjoying your grandaughter. I loved spending time with my grandmother. She was the most important person in my life.

I just finished this little top for my Etsy store.

Here is the back.

Peggy, I'm afraid the weather is messing with my fibro too. I'm down for the day. I did get a second dress almost done and sewed the binding on a quilt for a friend of mine. Hope you feel better.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  5:16:23 PM  Show Profile
In the middle of a define this word crisis. I was contacted by a French publisher about putting books on their site and translating them into French. I whipped up a chapter and a quarter then sent it on to them. They liked what I did send well enough but would like to see more which I have to write. They did want to know if it was a romance or erotica. Here is were the problem is. So this is what I sent them.

I usually develop the sexual portions of the books I write in the context of the story. I do not do what might be termed erotic stories exactly. I find that in order to tell a story of a relationship, you do need to include the sex/bedroom angle. People are often quite different in the bedroom from the persona they wear on a day to day basis. I myself often skip over bedroom scenes when reading if they get too graphic. I like to read content which leaves something to the imagination, I suppose one could call this a very steamy romance. Just a bit short of erotic, if by 'erotic' you mean explicit content. I am presently finishing up a novel as soon as it is done I shall see about getting more done on the one I sent you. I did catch the errors and corrected them. I need to read my stuff aloud in order to make sure what I am writing flows correctly. If left to my own devises I can turn out a book in four to six weeks

I really do not like a whole bunch of graphic content. My problem is that I am going to need to find out from them what they consider 'erotic'. What is and what isn't, sort of to be or not to be, It would seem to me that until we agree on the definition we can't agree on what the content is. Then of course there is the language translation problem. I have already run into that with them. Maybe I should just stick with Smashwords and Amazon and go from there. For now I'll just shelve the whole thing and finish the book I'm working on. Blah.....

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  7:03:26 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
It is a hot evening here. We are to have near 100 degrees this week. I can't really complain as most of the summer has been nice and had rain.

Bunny love that blouse...so cute.

Peggy love your pictures. I am trying to decide my next book to read. And I loved the beginning of my new bible study. LEt me tell you God has been in my business since I saw Beth in Souix Falls.

well just wanted to pop on for a minute. I am off to bed. This first week back has knocked me for a loop.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  12:29:00 AM  Show Profile

Well My Porchies...my computer and MJF's picture loading system don't want to fully cooperate tonight...
so it will only let me load two pictures.

Grand-daughter flew home today. It was very fun to have her here but she was really starting to miss her
parents. When she hugged me goodbye she said, "I love you grandma and I will never get tired of hanging
with you and grandpa!" That made me feel good. 9 days turned out to be just the right amount of time
for her and us too. I haven't felt good for a few days so, I am ready for total rest for a day or two.

Bunny...love the blouse! You shouldn't have any problem selling it. Very Cute! ~ Sorry to hear that your
Fibro is doing it's thing too. Rest as much as you can.

Cherime...do you think that the French want the Erotica? Wow...that is so not necessary to a good story.
I'm like you...if I read a book that has sex scenes...I just skip over them. I think I told you that I read
the "Cuckoo's Calling" by J.K. Rowling. She wrote it under another pen name which is good because if any
of her little Harry Potter Fan's had gotten hold of it their mommy and daddy's would have been very upset.
Not for sexual content but for language. If I ever hear the F word or C word again in my entire life time
it will be too soon. She had a great plot, strong characters and she did not need that kind of language.
I wrote a review for Amazon on it and told the readers exactly how I felt. I have been told that they curse
much more liberally over the Pond than we do here in the States...but let me tell you...I think we hold are own in this country and it isn't something to be proud of either. Good Grief! So, Cherime don't compromise
your faith and personal ethics if that is what they are looking for.

Teacher Tammy...Well, I guess I have just told you which book NOT to read next. God has been working in me
strongly as I was choosing my new Study For this Bible Study Season. He kept telling me in that Still Small
voice that we needed to return to our First Love. So, we are doing Max Lucado's Study of "Experiencing The Words of Jesus...Hearing His Voice and Trusting His Words." We are all very excited about it. I have prepared the first lesson (I teach two per session) and God showed me some really great things for us to
discuss and even this Teacher learned something new (don't get me wrong I am always learning something new and that is why I have to Teach, because I have to share what he first teaches me)...that The Spirit showed me...not Max. So, I can't waitto share that with the girls too.

OK...off to bed...and take my meds
and hope I feel better in the head
and body...Hee Hee! Feeling silly too.

Hugs and more Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 25 2013 12:33:27 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page