Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  07:46:45 AM  Show Profile
Peg, they do curse way more over the pond. Not sure what they want, i need to find out. I read that one too. Plot quite good but.........

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  4:52:10 PM  Show Profile
howdy girls,
My gosh it is hot here and supposed to be all week. I am not looking forward to that at all. I thought I would post my newest picture of my Jax who gives me this look daily when I walk out the door. He is such a spoiled dog.

I am hoping to not be eaten by dinosaurs this week with my butterflies...what will they come up with this week? They are quite a bunch and I am pretty sure I will never have time to be bored.
well time to get ready for tomorrow. Want to work on my bible study homework as well.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  9:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy,
What a pretty GD. Nice visit you had with her. Memories made my friend. The balloons are awesome. How did hubby handle the GDs visit?
Sorry your Fibro is acting up. Do you take CoQ10?
I love Max. Do you get his TV show on Grace? It's on TBN. What a gentle soul.
>

Bunny,
Nice top. Great ideas! Sorry your Fibro is the pits too!

RoDonna,
Love the wall hanging. Such talent.

Cherime,
Not worth it to go on that slippery slope! God's words are better!

TLT,
Did you recoup yet? Maybe you need siesta time at school! Don't think that would go over with admin though!

Patsy,
Cute booties. It seems like alot of us are waterlogged this year.

Judy,
Bad Doc! The waiting is hard enough! Poor Mama! Rebuke is the word sister. Keep claiming her healing!

Luanne,
Hang in there. The waiting can be torturous. Are you at the GDS Fair?

Blessings to all.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  9:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
TLT,
Just saw Jax! So cute. I used to have a gray and white one and my daughter did too! Can never spoil them too much!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  10:33:24 PM  Show Profile
CUTE dog!!!

Bunny, you have an amazing talent. Your sewing is always something special.

Peggy, I've gotten to the point that I'm just not interested in fiction unless is faith based. Everything else just seems so torrid. I haven't done much reading, or crafts, or.... well much of anything the last years because of the children being so young; but I love to read. I just don't have time for the trash.

Today the Lord blessed me with a wonderful day. I've been feeling the stress and begging Him for relief. And like always, He gives what we need, when we need it. So first we went to church and it was a wonderful day with some missionaries. Then after lunch I stopped off at some friends to pick something up and the kids played for a while and my friend's husband started teaching my son archery. I'm going to get him his own bow and some arrows and such because he said he would teach my son!!!! Then I went to another friends place to discuss music lessons (son has been taking guitar) and we ended up visiting the rest of the afternoon and evening. They invited us for supper and then they played some music for us and so we had our own private concert!!! This morning I was feeling so discouraged and angry with myself for feeling that way. And tonight I feel renewed. How GREAT is our God!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  03:39:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Still waiting for the results of Mom's PET scan - I don't understand why it has to take so long, but we will try to continue to be patient.

Darlene - yes, we are set up at the GDS fair. Spent all day there yesterday and have to go back tonight to put the "final touches" on a few things. The fair actually starts tomorrow AM. We will be making homemade ice cream every evening, will be helping our friends demonstrate antique farm equipment and we also have a large display of butter churns, molds and stamps. It's going to be a long week, but I still enjoy it.

Hugs to all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  10:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Here's what not going back to sleep gets you. AT 2 when I work up, after not getting back to sleep, I decided on the Road Trip. I didn't go all the way to Tok, but 476 mile on the truck in just under 12 hours. But, I have some great pictures to show for it.
The first is the sum coming up on Eureka Summit before descending into the Copper River Basin. The second is Mt. Sanford and Mt. Drum looking our across the Copper River at about 10am.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  7:42:31 PM  Show Profile
ok ladies, I need more than velco to clip some butterfly wings in my room...Judy I need another wild idea...good gracious me...they were in rare form today. Mrs. Schroeder do you want me to lie or tell the truth? I was like seriously...you are asking me that? Need I say more.
I don't think tea will do the trick tonight although bible study was great...I am thinking a glass of wine after today.
love to you and thanks for letting me vent
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  8:04:41 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! We're in the middle of sweltering temps here, nearly 100'. It's been horrible and muggy. They've been tearing up the parking lot next to the building I work in and Sunday the workers accidentally ripped out an electrical lines to the building. When we got in Monday morning they were still running on generators with no AC. Needless to say the training room that we're in, which is normally so cold several of us keep blankets to wrap up in, was unbelievable hot. They supposedly got the electric back on last night but the training room was still unbelievably hot today. Fortunately, being the properly prepared girl that I am, I have battery operated fans in my Jeep that I was able to grab to help my comfort level in the room. Training is going well and we're almost half way through week 4 already - seems amazing!

I had planned on having M* grill some chicken tonight but couldn't inflict that kind of heat on him so we got a pizza. There's some days when it's just too hot to cook or grill in my opinion. What do you gals do on days like this? Do you cook a full meal or eat out?

Bunny - I really like that shirt - what size is it? I agree with you, if I can figure out how to finance living on the road I will jump at it. As much as I'd love a farm, I'm beginning to think it's a dream that's never going to materialize while I'm young enough to do the work and I'm not a spring chicken now lol. I think Cheap RV Living Blog was the site that had a break down on how you could live on $500 a month and $1000 or more a month. Most say that they're comfortable on about $1500+ a month. I don't make that much now so these are people that had some serious income before they went to RV living. There are lots of ideas on how to do it including work jobs acting as campground hosts in parks that you can get paid for and park your camper at for free (win-win). Vandwelling is a good book and a great yahoo group for information on small camper or vehicle living. Many convert vans and live out of them - truly minimalistic. I do remember seeing somebody post a pic of the inside of one that had a sewing machine set up on a table next to the bed. I don't know if I could go that small although they say you spend most of your time outside and you can extend the vehicle space with tarps or awnings to enlarge it. So many things to consider. We may be purchasing a motor home next year if finances work out so we'll see how that works out.

Took my Jeep in Friday to have new brakes put on - thought I needed them because it was scraping so bad. Guy called me and told me I didn't need breaks. He sanded them off to clean them up - apparently since I only do city driving here it's a common problem for dust to build up on the pads and brakes. I mentioned a clicking sound so he checked that out. Come to find out my parking break had come unglued and had fallen apart - part of the casing was hitting causing the clicking sound. Good thing I had it checked or I would never have known I didn't have a working parking break. He had to order parts so hopefully I'll have it in by the end of the week.

BFTammy - Cute kiddies and cute dog :O)

Okay, I'm off to bed. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  12:25:49 AM  Show Profile

These are all made out of Fiberglass I believe...they are not balloons. They are Statues. The first one
is Salmon swimming, The second one has an actual hole in the middle with a plant growing out of it,
and the Third is a Seasonal Tree. Beautiful huh?

Teacher Tammy...Oh, Jax reminds me so much of my Bella. He is so Adorable! I just love the cuteness of that
breed.
So, your little Flutter-by's are already testing Madame Butterfly...this is not good...I don't care how
cute they are! I hope you enjoyed a nice glass of Wine tonight.

Cherime...Wonderful Pictures Girl!! That was just a wee-tiny night drive huh?? LOL I would hate to see
how far you'd go if you were wide awake and caffeined up...probably through the whole State of Alaska
(that was drivable).

Kimberly...I didn't do much reading or crafting when my kids were your kids ages either. I pretty much
had my hands full with kid-stuff. Like you, I was a very active parent with my boys.

Darlene...DH was really great with the Grand-daughter this time. He was very present and enjoyed her company
as much as I did. No, I don't take CoQ10...I did many years ago...but can't remember why I stopped taking
it. Refresh my memory...what is it going to help me with now?

RFM Tammy...I can't even imaging what you are enduring with high temperatures and no A/C in the Training Room. If I get too hot and can't cool down...I get cranky, nauseated and a headache. That is why when we
first moved into Apartments...I bought an expensive movable floor/window style Air Conditioner and it has
been a LIFE SAVER. And remember...I like hot weather, as long as I can get into an air conditioned car or
apartment or store. LOL

Patsy...I got my Birthday Card from last year...from you today. LOL That is the second one I have got in
a week. So, Funny...since it's almost my birthday month again. It's like OK...where have these cards been
for 10 months. Hee Hee!

I felt better today from my Fibro. Got out for a little while. Went to JoAnn Fabrics and the Book Store.
Tomorrow I hope I can make it to the Grocery Store and Wall-Mart. I still had pain but it was managable
and the fatigue wasn't as bad today.

Well...off to sleep. Finished my latest read today...so, I think I will skip reading.
I need restorative sleep more than a good book tonight.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  11:07:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Man it's so dark and dreary and humid here, it feels like it's 8PM instead of 2 PM. If it would just let loose and rain, it might just brighten up.
Peg, love the balloon looking statues. Some great art there. I didn't even see the salmon in that one at first glance. I just saw blue swirls. Glad you made me take a second look. Neat! Thanks for sharing. Keep 'em coming.
I just bought an a/c that I can move around from room to room if I want too. I think I just may have to use it tonight.
TLTammy, such a cute pup you have there. That face could melt butter. *giggle* No ideas on how to restrain those ornery butterflies...except for a can of "RAID!" hahahaha I remember all of those commercials where the bugs would yell, "RAID" and try to get away. hahahaha
Bunny...our talented Bunny...again, another masterpiece as unique as you are girl!
Peg probably stopped taking CoQ10 because of the price. It's really up there. I did read in my one Natural Healing books that Mama should be on it because of building up blood cells. I read that she should be on antioxidants and no iron...but the manager at the Raisin Rack health food emporium said that she shouldn't be on antioxidants. Something about they clash with the chemo drugs. Darlene...your input PLEASE! I hate conflicting info from 2 places I really rely on. Her red blood count came up after she started on a low dose of iron so I figured that was a good thing. It was so, so low before.
Peg, my neighbors put up a tire swing when the G-kids came home this summer for 2 weeks. Now the kids are gone...the tire is just hanging there...I want to go out and plant something in it.(like that white heart planter you showed us)Does that mean I DO have an Artsy-Vartsy bone in my body??? LOL If I do...HOOORAAAYYYY!!! All hope is NOT lost on me!!! ROFLROFL
RFMTammy, I hate it when the garage tells me that something I thought was wrong with my car ISN'T....but then turn around and find something else IS!!! hahaha Gimmee a Break!!! *giggle* Just once I want to leave there with cash still in my pocket!
Well, that's it for me today. Still dark...still muggy!
Toodles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  12:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Peg, give me a day and I can be halfway through Canada.
Blessings all.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  1:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon porchies!! How is everyone? It's hot and humid outside. It looked like it was going to rain last night but never did. What a tease! Today I have been so lazy. I need to be working on my swaps, crafts for Christmas, and especially my business. All while teaching the kiddos. LOL! A farmgirl's work is never done. :)

Peg..I love the pictures of the hearts! We have something similar here but with horses (of course). Next time I come across one I will take a picture of it. Maybe I can get one this weekend. Saw the pic of your Hallie. She is very pretty. My daughter has a love for pink too. Hope that you are feeling better today.

Cherime.. You have such a pretty state! I've always wanted to come to Alaska even as a teen. Something just draws me there. It's on my bucket list to come visit that state.

I hope that everyone is preparing for harvest. The Farmer's Almanac said it's going to be a crazy winter. I can tell by how mild the weather has been for Kentucky. It's usually blistering during August and unbearable. Not this year. I've been canning, freezing, and drying a lot. There is still more to do. I love to homestead though. I dream of having a farm one day to do more. My husband said something about getting chickens next spring. Not sure he knows what he's getting into. I do though. LOL! I wouldn't mind getting the eggs though.

Well, it won't be long before I need to start supper and start getting the kids cleaned up for bed. It's been kind of an easy going day for them.

HUGS!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  9:24:18 PM  Show Profile

OK My Porchies...The first one is old fashioned bicycles, The second one, The Red Heart is my Favorite,
And The Third is One of our Bridges.

RoDonna....I would love to see the Horse. Sounds cool!

Cherime...I believe YOU Girl!!!

Judy...I think there might be a little tiny finger bone of Artsiness in you after all!!! I don't know
what your neighbors would think of your artistic idea for their tire-swing...but I like it!!! LOL
I feel so bad for your Mama...but so happy that she has you there for love and support and to advocate for her. ~ I am happy my mom is doing so well...since I am six and a half hours away from her.

Portland Oregon, did Cows last year or the year before but they only had five or six. They were very cool
though!! And our friend Judy/country treasure said that they did cows up in Canada too.

Well, today was another day of getting groceries and buying birthday gifts. I had Four Family birthdays
this Month. ~ Get to watch my little man tomorrow for a couple of hours. Even if I feel lousy from the
rain he can snuggle up with Grandmama in the recliner. He is at that phase where he wants to be held all
the time! Perfect!!! He is getting so cute girls! I just can't believe it. I know I am biased but he
is going to having little girls chasing him for years. LOL

More Later...Hugs and Snugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  9:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies of the Porch,

Our neighbor called to tell us that a bear was in his yard and just crossed the road and went into the woods next to our house.
Deer are a;ways in my yard eating the apples and peaches off the trees. They don't bother my garden though. Or my flowers. Aren't they well trained? LOL!

Judy
My whole post just evporated! So I will try again. Ask Mama's Doc. Some of the supplements can be detrimental to her liver and kidney function and others are blood thinning and if her platelets are low could cause her to have a bleed somewhere. I was not on any while on chemo except for B6 for the neuropathy pain that the chemo caused. It has been so hot and muggy here too! Can't wait till fall!

Peggy
Love the balloons. We have or had horses around here too. I don't know if they are still around, I'll have to look. Dr Oz said that every woman should take CoQ10, Fish Oil and 2 baby aspirins everyday. So I started to do it after all the treatments. I was having fibro from the one cancer pill and had to be taken off of it because I could hardly walk. The muscle pain was so severe. I was put on something else for 5 years. Had some issues yet and then I started with the CoQ10, Fish Oil and B6. I no longer have muscle pain like I did. It might help you.

TLT
Forget a glass of wine, drink the whole bottle! LOL!

RFM
Crock Pot. Can't live without my crock pots. I make everything in them.

Cherime
Who goes with you on these road trips? Beautiful pics.

RoDonna
Lucky you preserving all that food. I used to do so much when I was younger.

Well I will leave you with an orange zucchini cake that I baked today. Enjoy!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Edited by - HealingTouch on Aug 29 2013 09:29:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  04:09:14 AM  Show Profile

The top picture is in front of the truck, the bottom one behind. The mountain behind me even had a square notch out of the middle. It's called Gunsight Mountain.
I sometimes take the GDD. Most of the time by myself.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  12:59:44 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
Oh good gracious it is hot here. My family is at state fair and I am home caring for animals left behind. I came home yesterday after school to find one of our best steers that the boys were going to show in last 4h show dead. I have spent today every couple of hours hosing down calves and pigs. So far they are ok. There is a breeze today which helps and the weatherman says cooler temps tomorrow. I hope he is right. I have come to the conclusion I need the whole bottle of wine. Darlene you are right why one glass, the whole bottle..hahahah

It was a hectic week at school. I am trying to find balance between home and school. I haven't made it yet but hopefully as school gets into routine it will be better. I have been getting up at 5 every morning in the week to walk. I take the weekends off. I go to our fitness center on the indoor track. My blood pressure has come down a great deal. So that is what keeps me getting up although I am not a morning person at all.

well I am off to a good book and the couch.
Love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  10:42:23 PM  Show Profile
It's been a while since I've logged on to the boards here, just thought I'd stop in. What did you all get up to this Labor Day weekend?

I built a new raised bed and transplanted some plants from the old bed where they weren't getting enough sun. Hoping to yet yield a pretty good harvest for my first attempt at vegetable gardening. So far I have enjoyed some baby spinach and cilantro from my efforts.

Also found myself pondering about the possibility of building a small house on some land. I don't think I'm yet in a financial position to buy land, but hopefully within the next few years as I continue to pay off my debt and improve my credit score. I'd love to start out with a tiny house, like a gypsy wagon, trailer or even a regular house, just small, built on the property. I was looking around my bedroom and thinking - ya know, I could live in a house this size I think. If I had a lofted bedroom and pared down even more on my stuff I could easily do it. And I'd even have a good sized-bathroom and room for guests (well, one guest anyway). Have any of you lived in or built a "tiny house"?

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  12:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Good Grief Girls, my last post is not on here. I think we must have a Post Ghost who eats up
conversations it doesn't like. LOL (I typed that same sentence just seconds ago and poof...it
vanished! I tell you, I think I am on to something here with the ghost...and I'm pretty sure
it isn't The Holy Ghost either!)

Tammy dear...so sorry to hear about your Cow. How did the rest of the family deal with it. I bet
the boys...were sad too. Do you think it was just flat out too much heat?

Well, I hope your little Butterflies will settle down tomorrow after a nice long weekend.
Just let them know that you sharpened your scissors over the wknd...so, you can clip wings if
necessary.

What good book are you reading now? Inquiring minds want to know. I just finished a really
good one called Forbidden (probably not one you would like Mrs. Darcy) and I am now reading
The Fall of Number Five (A Piticus Lore) Book. More Sci-Fi. I hope you are reading something
enchanting. You know me...I like a wide variety including Enchanting... Mrs. Darcy.

Hi Amy...so glad to have you on The Porch. I don't know anyone who has actually build and lived
in a Tiny House or Gypsy House but I do know that our Porchie Sister Bunny would love to do the
very same thing. Personally I could not comfortably live in anything smaller than 780 sq. feet.
I think a single person probably could if they didn't have claustrophobic tendencies like I do.
And I am not single either. But I have checked out the various websites and they really are
cute. And I like when they build the roof...flat for a garden patio up top. I just looked around
my bedroom...where I have my bedroom, office, nursery (for grandson) and craft room...I don't
think I would have any room for a kitchenette, but I do have a bathroom attached. But the thought of only having this much space to live in...wigs me out! I couldn't do it. Our Apartment is just
under 900 square feet and is a two bedroom and two bathrooms. But we have lived in one Apartment that was smaller than this one. This square footage is as small as I am going. Even if my husband
died tomorrow...I wouldn't want to live in just a one bedroom Apartment. I would still want two.
Then I could turn that bedroom into a craft room and office...and really be able to spread out.
But you are young and this is the time in your life to dream those dreams and see what you can
turn in to your realities. Anything is possible! But you best do it before you have that family
you want to share your life with...because they aren't going to all fit in your tiny little dream
house. LOL

Well, today being Labor Day...DH and I Labored. I went with him to do some of his Process Serving.
He was going to a couple smaller communities about 45 minutes from here. It took us five hours to
do the few he had to do. Most of the time was spent driving but it was a beautiful day for a drive. It was a warm but breezy day. But you can just begin to see little signs of Fall. Dry leaves on the ground and a few trees starting to put on their autumn coats of many colors.
Just one month from this weekend my Bible Study Ladies will be at the Oregon Coast for our Retreat. I so can't wait for those 4 glorious days. Bible Study Group Starts up this Thursday
night...as we tuck away Crafting Group until next summer. School is starting here in Washington
State tomorrow. I will have to watch for those school zones and school buses out and about again.
I am really not quite ready for Fall to be here. It has been a Wonderful Summer and I hope we go
right into a Lovely Indian Summer.

Got plenty of Grand-baby time this week. Had him 3 different times. He is just so adorable. I will
post a picture of me holding him on Saturday at my sons house.

Well, off to bed to read. The Posse is getting ready to Saddle up Tomorrow...and you know who
I'm coming after...about 95% of you MIA's.

First picture is Elijah and Grandmama, 2nd picture I made a tomato animal (I was bored I guess LOL) And third is Elijah My Little Chick Magnet. I know I am going to have to beat the little
girls off of him when he gets older.

OK...I really am getting off now before the Post Ghost shows back up.

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  08:51:00 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, so sorry about your steer. I hope your boys didn't take it too hard. I commend you for hanging in there with your charges. Teaching children is not my strong point. I just don't have the patience. So I think you are pretty special.

Amy, I'm with you on the tiny house. Unfortunately they can be expensive to build. Plus, it can be hard to find an area where you can park it. Not many communities allow that kind of living. I think you need a very rural area to get away with it. I'm thinking of a trailer to start with. Good luck with your plan. It is a good one and I think it will become more accepted as time goes by.

Peggy, what a sweet grand baby! He really knows how to work a camera.

I've just been busy sewing. Had some down days due to fibro issues. I'm back on my feet again though. My goal for this next year is to be published in a magazine that is about upcycled clothing. This is what I sent them.

I don't know why this comes out sideways....sorry

I upcycled a red suit jacket and a fake suede skirt. I'm expecting to get it back but I will keep sending things until they get tired of me.

Hope everyone had a safe weekend.

Off to the basement.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  10:11:18 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, that outfit is GORGEOUS! I'd wear that in a heartbeat. LOVE it.

Amy, I think that the tiny house is a good idea. It's something that is very popular recently. It might be cheaper to go with a log cabin idea. It might feel more spacious and still not be overly large. But that depends on whether or not you want to move it. Of course, if you put it on skids you could still move it. I think a person can make a home of anythng. What's important is who is in it not how large it is.

Peggy, grandbaby is SO precious!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  12:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...That is Sooooooooooooooooo Stunning!!!!! Your Best Yet. Want more pictures!
At least you are doing constructive stuff that will hopefully sell and get you published.

I am getting ready to make Elijah a Felted Christmas Stocking. It is of an Irish Santa...
to Celebrate our Irish Heritage. My son is big on the Family Tree thing...me not so much.
But Elijah's mommy and daddy will really like it. I am excited to make this. All hand beaded
and stitched and stuffed to look dimensional. I have NOT made one since my kids were little.

OK..off to go to Barnes and Noble for awhile.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 04 2013 12:11:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  4:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, I took Mama to her appointment today for her blood tests. We went to the hospital to have it done since it's a lot closer.
She is so tired and was having stomach pains today, but we got there and back without incident. They work fast there, that's for sure.
My Sis and BIL are suppose to be here next week to visit, so I hope that gives Mama a lift.
TLTammy, so sorry about your steer. How sad. If it was the heat...I believe it. We were sweltering with high humidity for a few days and I was glad to see it lift finally as of last night. Today we had highs in the low 60's. What a difference. I've also noticed a lot of leaves coming off the trees prematurely. Piles of dry brown leaves piling up under certain types of trees. Some go faster than others and with the cool, wet summer we had, for the most part, I'm thinking that we may lose most of our leaves before we get to enjoy the fall color change. Would be a pity...but it happens. Today looks like typical fall around here...big puffball gray clouds in 3 shades of gray.
We took a drive to Amish country and it was chilly. I should have taken a jacket.
Bunny, that outfit is a show-stopper girl! What talent you have! And, like Peg, I love RED! *giggle*
Peg, nice pics! Isn't he a little cutie! And a camera flirt too! hahaha Loved the tomato bird(well, that's what I saw) hahaha
I like the "Post-Ghost" idea. Good name for it. *giggle*
It's hard to believe that it's almost time to put the summer yard-art away already. Where did it go? We sat on our covered, front porch this summer more than our open back patio...all because of it being so wet. Crazy.
Welcome back Amy! We're glad you stopped by. We understand....life keeps us so busy, it's hard to keep up on here!
Well Girlies....have a great evening!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  12:15:20 AM  Show Profile
Good to see you on the Porch Judy. Sorry mama isn't feeling to good. That is a lot of bad stuff
to have to be putting in an already Older Body. I know how hard it is for even much younger
people to deal with. Hope Patsy will be able to cheer her up.

Late this afternoon my Fibro started Flaring really badly. I just took my meds and heading to bed.
But so glad to see you on here tonight.

hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  07:09:27 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' Ladies,
WOW! It was down in the low 50's last night, maybe in the upper 40's even. I'll bet my Sis&BIL are yelping about that today. Hope they brought coats along. They are staying at their oldest daughters this week, so maybe they borrowed some. hahahaha They have that N.C. blood now and freeze when they come up here. *giggle* I had to keep grabbing another blanket...and another blanket myself last night. I even had socks on. brrrrr.....It's 65 at 10 AM.
What was your weather like?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page