Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  6:54:56 PM  Show Profile
Judy you did get a great deal on those Harney teas and they are good ones...I am just saying...you know I drink Harney teas like they are going out of style...and the chili tea was pretty good I was surprised I wasn't sure what to expect...I am saving the chocolate one for the last day of school as a celebration tea...my wings will be soaring!

well time for evening tea and some crochet...I tell you this scarf is taking me forever...but I haven't had much time lately.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  8:10:21 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, don't know if this will make you feel better or not. My son is a perfectionist to the extreme and loses it if he doesn't do something perfectly. I tell him that all he has to give me is HIS best I don't give a flying leap what anyone else is doing. I don't care if his marks are As or Cs so long as he is doing HIS best. If you are giving all you've got than in my mind you are a champion.

Peggy, adorable garden

Judy, I love it when you write on here. You make me laugh.

So I found a house that feels like my Asuna. That won't make any sense.... when I was looking to buy my first vehicle as a young person I wanted a sports car. So Daddy and I went car shopping. All the sports cars I liked were way out of my price range (did I mention I have expensive taste????) All the sporty cars that were in my price range were GAG!!! So then we went onto this lot and there was this Asuna (think Geo Tracker). It wasn't what I had been looking for. But it caught my attention. It was in my price range and it was functional (4X4, stick shift). I ended up buying it and making it cute and I loved my Asuna. Well I looked at four houses the other day. One was my dream place I was seriously salavitating. But it's just not in my reality. I can't afford it. I'm now a single mom, trying to figure out how I'll make a living and it's just not logical. Then I looked at the other houses that were still "sporty" but they were GAG. Then I saw this place. Not my dream home. Not what I was looking for. Not what I wanted. But something about it said, "I can make this into a home" It might be my Asuna. I just have to change my expectations and work my mind around my reality. This I think I could do. So I'm asking my Porch Sisters to pray that the LORD would guide and direct me and give me wisdom. That He will work His will and that I will obey.

Had a mini emergency but I think I got it worked out. I went outside and my car had a flat tire. Okay, I know I'm lame because I didn't know how to change it. I know the basics of it but I didn't know where or how to put the jack in there so as not to damage the car. So I called AAA and they sent a guy out to help me. So here's the thing. They can have him come and put the spare on or they can tow me in. But there isn't room in the tow truck for me and the kids so then I'd have to follow the tow truck in and just how am I going to drive two vehicles home? So here's what I opted for. Nice guy came out and taught me how to do it and took the tire off. He put said flat tire in the truck and I'll take it in and get it repaired and then put it back on. You may be asking why I didn't put the donut on and limp into town.... because I live so far out of town that it's possible it would blow on me on the way to get it looked after and then I'd be on the side of the road with two kids and a blown donut and no tire to replace it. Didn't seem like a good option to me. So I know it was lame but I'm choosing to look at it this way. My parents gave me AAA and this is the first time I've used it and it was a free lesson so that next time I can look after it myself. I learnt something and I didn't damage the car by trying it on my own.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  12:17:39 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies....

Gheesh Judy!!! I'm still laughing my head off about Madame Miranda and me being the Porch Pimp. I thought the same thing when I
read Bunny's comment but decided to "Not go There"....I should have known you would jump right on it and make us all laugh our heads
off!!! You are such a NUT! But that's why we love ya!!!

You got a great buy on that Harney & Sons Tea...Teacher Tammy and I are down right Jealous! I had a cuppa my "Paris" Tea tonight. I
think it is my New Favorite Tea from Harney & Sons. It is just Spring Time in a Cup!!!

So good to have all you Sista's on The Porch today and night!!! I love it when ya all come by in groups!! LOL

Terri...I know I probably will have a lot of Zucchini...but that is what I am hoping for. I plan to let them vine all over the ground.
I can move my pots further apart and give the zukes more room once they need it.

Teacher Tammy...glad that you had a lovely afternoon in your neck of the woods. Ours wasn't bad here...but DH and I took naps off and
on all day trying to re-coop from our trip. I also talked to my mom today and she is Fibro and Company Fatigued too. She had a friend
drop in on her for the weekend...just as we were leaving.
~ Sounds like you have had a very creative bunch of flutterbies this year. I will pray that next years group won't be so wild and energetic. Just cute and funny!! Love your Butterfly stories.

Lorena...How was your day today????

Kimberly...Loved hearing about your Asuna and your house hunting. When we moved into the apartment we are currently in...we had to take it sight unseen (with the housing market crash everyone went into apartments up here). We didn't get to see the Apartment until the day before we moved in (and we had been on a two month waiting list besides) and neither Larry or I liked it. But God kept telling me (in that still small voice) that once I got MY Things in it and surrounded myself with the things I love (because that is how I decorate...I buy what I love)...that it would change my entire perspective and it has. I have always said that I could even turn a tent into a home...but this place was my biggest challenge to date. LOL And I am very content and happy here. So, I totally understand what you were sharing. Praying for you!

I like how you handled your mini emergency. Sounded SMART to me. And bless your parents for the Triple A!!!

OK...girlies...I'm off to read. More atcha tomorrow!

Hugs & Squishies,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 29 2013 12:23:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  07:36:58 AM  Show Profile
*YAWN!* Morning, ladies! What a weekend! Saturday was a bit crappy because I had SO much going on and didn't get home till around 4. But, Sunday was a good day. We had brunch with a couple - basically my best girl-friend and her husband (She was my maid-of-honor and he was DH's groomsman after we fired one of them). It was a bit of a ritzy place, but worth it... all the food was locally grown. I ate so much I didn't eat again till around 9 or 10 last night, and even then, all I ate was tomatoes and cheese and celery.

We finally got to see some of our wedding pics that we hadn't been able to see before... I never realized how Mutt-N-Jeff DH and I are, haha! I'm short and stout, he's TALL and slender... but it works!

And I found out, they are finally expecting! Lots of prayers to them that all goes well! She has been afraid since I met her that she could not have children, but so far so good! I'm absolutely tickled pink for them!!

I had intended on picking mulberries when we got home, but never got around to it. I ended up taking a nap and when I woke up, it was too late to go out. I think I needed the rest, though. DH and I have had a rough week, and I have a feeling this is going to be another hard one. He's working such horrible hours, and still, he's more concerned with what's going on with me. I really got a good man!! I have been blessed!

Well, ladies, going to finish checking emails and see what else I need to do for the day. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  4:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello all. I've been busy helping dh burn blueberry fields. My 5 yo little man had to help of course. He tried lifting and Indian tank (a type of back pack sprayer for fire control) . Was disappointed when he found that he couldn't lift it. It weights. About. 70 lbs full. Dh used it and when it was almost empty, little man helped put out some smoldering spots. He was proud.
Picked up limbs that blew off our ancient maples this winter. Took a walk. Little man found a rope in a tree that had been there so long that it was growing moss. I think it blew out of another tree and landed in the one where we found it.

The Scilla is also called Siberian squill. It is a dainty blue flower like you said Judy. It spreads easily too. I found one under my ancient maple about 30 feet from where I planted the bulbs initially. I think they're pretty.

Have a good night all.

Lorie.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  12:09:28 AM  Show Profile

Well My Porchies...I promised you pictures of My Porch and here they are. Not all of it...like I didn't get the Wind Chimes and I
didn't get a couple more stands with plants...but I got most of it to show you. I just love the cozy feeling I get when I am out
on My Porch. Usually just me and the dog. Hubby never feels too comfortable out there. He likes to look at it but it's too fussy
for his taste...which is OK because it is my own little spot to go hide out by myself with the dog. I love to sit out in my
rocking chair and have a soft drink/tea/or coffee and read. So relaxing! I also have a lot of birds to see and listen to and an
Insane amount of squirrels...who come right up on the Porch and get in my plants and knock pots over etc. One left me a peanut
the other day...then I got to wondering what he stole of mine? LOL

Lorena...you and Judy have me curious now...I am going to have to google Scilla...as I have no clue what you are talking about.

Missus Miranda...your friends sound like a couple that I have known and loved for years. We prayed every day for 10 yrs that they
could have a baby. Then they decided to adopt and got a beautiful baby girl. Then once they had her and all the pressure was off
to produce their own child...they got pregnant and not once but 3 times. By the 3rd pregnancy I had to remind Sue that we had
all faithfully prayed for them for 10 yrs...and she just needed to count her blessings that she had 4 beautiful children. LOL

Well today was just kind of slow and nice. We slept in and then got up and went to our usual Barnes & Noble hang-out...after that we
came home and DH went to the Exercise room to use the Tread Mill and I went out for a mile walk in the fresh air. I can't take
Snickers on my walks any more because of his hip. He is such a good walking partner...I hope we can get back to doing that after
his surgery and re-coop.

Kinda quiet on here today girls...As Judy Says: "Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips"

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  08:26:45 AM  Show Profile
Peggy! I love your porch! Perfect!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  1:49:06 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Your porch is sweet.

I just put the tire back on all by my lonesome. Glad I live way out of town and no one could see me because I did a happy dance!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  4:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly,
Congratulations on being independent!!
Terri
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  5:07:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!
Kimberly,i loved your Asuna story and also your car emergency story. I love the detail that you go into. Don't feel bad, I'm 58 and I've never changed a flat tire either!(sure hope I didn't just jinx myself)*giggle*
Peggy,what a cute porch. I love all the variety of "bric-a-brac" that you put out there. Lots of birdie stuff.Cutecutecute!
I really like the colored jars. Do you put tea-lites in them or are they just decoration by themselves?
Don't ya just love bleeding heart? Ours lived for about 6 years...then it just dissapeared. Dunno why! Probably a squirrel got to it...or chipmunk(chipmonk?)...I'm tired. They eat everything else...especially bulb stuff. We had so many daffodils,tulips and irises when we moved here....and then we didn't! But we sure had those pesky varments and lots of dug-up holes in the ground. I think they will eat anything during a hard winter. We got even though. We ate 9 squirrel one year. hahahahaha ~burp~ Taste like chicken! hahahaha
It's cute how Snickers got into a couple of those pictures.
Love the pearls on that Angel! Nice touch!
I love the dainty blue flowers of the Squill. I don't know if they smell or not....their noses are so tiny! harharhar~~~
Seriously though...I fugured that for sure I'd get caught by a neighbor or passer-by...down on my hands and knees...rear in the air...checking for a scent. I can just hear the tongues wagging all over town, "What was she doing.They don't need a dog...they have HER!!!" roflrofl
I took Mama to the Doc for her follow-up and the breathing test showed that she has a touch of athsma. They gave her an inhaler and some more Synthroid since they think that's why she's run down. We said, "We just moved her lock,stock and barrel for the 2nd time in 6 months. That's why she(we)is tired." Give me something too will ya? hahaha She is going to have a biopsy next week on her arm for that mystery rash she has.Then she might go to a Dermatologist. She says to Doc, "I'm 85 years old and I'm not on any medications and now you want to put me on a whole bushel full!" hahaha I said, "Well, if it will keep you around longer and feeling better,I'm all for it!"
That's my fiesty little Mama! I love her and so does God! He sure ain't ready for her orneriness up there with Him yet! *giggle*
God,give me strength!She's wearing me out! hahahaha
Well....have a great evening Gals!
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  5:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Peggy Ann,
I am on my way over to sit on that lovely porch with you and chat. I would like an iced tea please, no lemon.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  8:35:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, love the porch!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  08:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Peg, that's kind of what happened with my friend and her DH. They laugh because they had a "staycation" (they were supposed to go out of town for their fifth anniversary, but couldn't with the dogs both in cones of shame and on meds) and that's when "Peanut" came to be.

I had a half day at work yesterday and picked another quart of mulberries. Maybe because I have started earlier, but GEEZ this tree is producing like CRAZY this year!!! Tessa (red merle Catahoula) and I came back to the house with PURPLE mud on our feet!! She came and sat with me for a while when I was picking, then got bored and went to visit the neighbor lady's guinea hens. BOY was that a racket!! I forgot how noisy those things are!!! Like a herd of miniature turkeys!! When she finally came back, she started eating up all the mulberries that have fallen. Train has his pears in the summer/fall, Tessa has her mulberries in the spring/summer. Crazy wolf-dogs!!!

I tried to get the garden plowed up, but the Johnson grass that has decided to root in my field is just aweful!! It's more like Johnson BUSH! Going to have to dig it up, THEN plow.

I got my coffee seeds planted last night in the little grower box. I'm just praying I can keep it going!

My aunt sent us an indoor kettle smoker for our wedding present, so I used it to smoke peppers and tomatillos for Chili Verde last night. It says you can use water or broth in the drip pan, so I used broth, and put it in the chili... OH IT WAS SO TASTY!! I also got a small brisket so I can play with the jerky trays our friends bought us. TASTY THINGS!!!

Well, I'm about to go to lunch, so I'm going to close this up for now. I hope everyone is having a good day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  09:25:25 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, I wanted to tell you, you will find lots of things you will have to learn with a man around to do it. After my first divorce, I ended up under our house with a torch unfreezing water pipes and then learned to fix the leaks in those pipes. Our hardware store guys were wonderful at helping me.
You will be amazed at what you can do when it has to be done and there is no one but you to do it.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  09:26:14 AM  Show Profile
Stupid spell checker...I meant...without a man around to do it.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  10:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good Afternoon girls. I know that I only came on once to introduce myself and then disappeared. it seems that finals took more from me than I anticipated. I have come on occasion to read the posts but could only spend about 15 to 20 minutes in between studying and sleep, which was very little. I just saw the pictures of the porch and they are absolutely beautiful. It gives me some ideas for my back porch. I am out of school for the summer and will be overhauling the entire house from top to bottom. I have read a lot of the posts and it will take me time to learn about all of you, so please give me time to get to know you and what this area is about. I would really love to make friends and become a part of this place. It's raining here and I love the rain. I'll bring some tea and crumpets on my next visit. Until then, enjoy your days.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  11:04:23 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm back again lol. In penance I went back and read everything I've missed (something like 36 pages! Yikes!) I'll catch up on what's been happening here first.

Miranda- have you looked on Pinterest for braiding options. There are tons of hair styling blogs or whatever you want to call them. They have some really neat braids. Okay advice is a bit late, but possibly for future braiding lol. Congrats on the wedding!

Shanda- Envious of your getting the cabin and the wood stove. I dream of having a wood stove. Actually I'd be happy with any wood (or other fueled) form of heat. My worse fear with the frigid temps we had this winter is that we'll lose heat. Shanda, I know it's a bit late but my condolences on your grandfather's death.

Angela - I'm so proud of you starting your online business. How is it going? The picture of the angel necklace and earrings was beautiful!

Lorena - I miss those Maine blueberries! I lived in Sanford/Springvale area for 10 years and there was a huge public blueberry field on the way to Kennebunk that we use to take the kids to pick blueberries. I buy the Wyman's berries whenever I can find them. Having problems here in ND finding them now.

Bunny - Congrats on the internship although as stressful as it appears to be I'm not sure if it's good or bad! Have things gotten more sane or are they still hectic? That jacket you posted is gorgeous! Wish it was a larger size lol.

PeggyAnn - I understand that's a huge problem now with people stealing and selling ebooks. It's a shame. They need to get some laws on that. What a gorgeous porch. I'm hoping to do something with our tiny deck this year. Hope your husband is doing better.

TLTammy - I have to hide my knitting and crocheting from my cat. She will pull my knitting off the needles and undo anything she can get a hold of. She always seems to do this in the middle of the night and then pulls the yarn throughout the house meowing. Drives me nuts so I keep it in a bag. I was putting it up on a top bookshelf but realized she could get up there so stopped doing that. LOL

Now to go finish my laundry and possibly make myself a cup of tea so I can curl up with the mystery I'm reading right now - Embroidered Truths by Monica Ferris. My next read is going to be Pedigreed Bloodlines - A Leigh Dennison Mystery by Sandra Robbins.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  1:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon all...welcome Becky pull up a seat.

Mandy...stores are probably out of wymans now. Stock up in early fall when they hit the markets. You've probably eaten some that dh and I grow. Nothing like them. We burned field on Monday and some patches where we spread hay (where the mower couldn't get. Getting ready for this upcoming season. When did you live in Sanford? . I lived in biddeford for about 6 years and worked with Peggy shively at kennebunk vet. Hospital from 96-99. Small world isn't it?

Well dh is in the process of setting up my clothes line. We dug the holes last night but after initially setting the poles in he found out that he has to cut 3 feet off each pole so I can reach where the lines go. I'm. 5'5" with a fairly good reach. Lol.

Well little man has is first tee ball game. Gotta get ready for that. Ttfn.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  6:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Happy May Day. Would yall believe that we have snow. it was 80 on Monday and 40 today. I tell you I think God has his calendar mixed up. I am sure he is giggling as I write this too.

I am on the countdown for school being out...9 and half days...yeah!!!!!!

I haven't had time to crochet or finish my latest tea shop mystery but I will. Last night was our last week of bible study on Paul. Not sure what will we do next but we meet in summer too cause we just need each other and the Word. I love it.

I am working on my back porch as I want a place to hang out with family. But until this weather straightens out...

Peggy you are so darn cute..putting your hands on your hips...I hightailed it here I was afraid the posse would come after me. Love your porch...so cute. I wish I could come for tea.

well off to tea and get ready for tomorrow
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  10:59:30 PM  Show Profile
Nice to see some new farmgirls here. Welcome!

Tammy, I'm done with the internship. Sorry about no more money but not sorry about not being there. My boss wanted me to learn tax preparation and I just don't want to. It stressed me out and made me a high maintenance employee. I guess some people can just learn faster than I can.

I have been moping all day about it. I figured out he hired someone new. I kind of feel like a failure but then never claimed to know much about the business. I was hoping I would be doing more bookkeeping work. It takes me longer to learn things, but once I have it down, I do it well. I just need to find that just right entry level job.

Anyway, off to bed. I have an algebra test tomorrow. Yuk!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  12:27:08 AM  Show Profile
Well Lookie-Lookie...it pays to put your hands on your hips once in a while. (+:

Shanda...I think my porch is perfect for me. I just love it! Can't wait to see some of your photos girl.

Kimberly...well good for you girl...ranglin'
that ol' tire on there all by yourself. Don't you feel like you really accomplished something. We're all proud of you!!!!
Independent Women
Rock!

Judy...Yes I have lots of birdie stuff on my Porch and in my house. My oldest Grand-daughter is in 9th grade and she says *while looking around my apartment* "Grandma you can sure tell the things you love the most...Hearts, Angels and Birds!"
That about sums it up! ~ I got to see her while we were in Spokane...and we just have to get her here for a few weeks this summer. We have so much fun ganging up on Grandpa...when she is here.

I could just see your butt stuck up in the air with your nose down to the ground...given your neighbors something to gossip about. lol

Oh, too bad mama has to go on medication...she has gone so long without it. Good for her!!!

I was on no pills until I turned 50 then the whole pharmacy relocated to my house. Between my husband and me...it's terrible.

You are going to have to start excercising so you can keep up with your mama...she is going to either run you ragged or make you stronger.

Terri...come on over to my house and sit a spell. I'm with you...girl, no lemon in my iced tea either.

Bunny...I was thinking they would probably keep you around after your internship...but if you really didn't like it..then throw up your cowgirl hat and "Celebrate". There is nothing worse than doing a job that you really don't like.

Missus Miranda...*glad you didn't go with the Madam* Judy and I would always be laughen atcha. Or at Bunny for suggestion it.

I have heard of making Mulberry Wine but what else do you make with them? I've never had a Mulberry before are they kind of like Goose Berries?

Welcome Back Rebecca!!!...We are so glad that you came back and want to make Porchie Friends. We would all love that.
If you love the rain you should come up to Oregon and Washington...and you could get all you want. Bunny, Kimberly and I would be happy to share.

RFM Tammy...well girl you must be working hard to have stayed away so long but we are always glad when you can hop on and visit.
My Porch is tiny...I just cram alot onto it. Made little sitting areas...so, it makes it feel bigger than it is.
My husband is doing much better thank you for asking.
Monica Ferris books are fun...always a good light read...but enjoyable.

My mom sent me home with a bagfull
of those kind of reads...but I do all my reading on my Kindle...so, I am taking the bag to my Bible Study Gals tomorrow night and let them take them.
I have never read any Leigh Dennison Mysteries...let me know how you like them.

Lorena...I am so happy for you about getting a clothes-line. And I'm so jealous too. (+:

Forgot to mention that I loved your story about Little Man. He sounds just precious.

Teacher Tammy...wish you could come for tea too. Oh, that would be so delightful!
SNOW *are you kidding me!* God must have been playing a joke on you all. I will pray you get your 80 degree weather back. We are suppose to be getting in the 80's for the next 5-7 days and I am doing The Happy Dance!!!!
I think Judy made a believer out of me...that putten your hands on your hips...seemed to really have worked. LOL

Bunny...No Moping allowed...you are not a failure. You have a lot of guts and spunk and we are all proud of you.
Algebra Test...ok, I'm praying for you.

Are you doing your Fabric sales this Saturday???? Set your mind on that journey and forget about the Tax business. *dust off hands...kick the dirt off your shoes and move forward!*

Ok my cuties...I'm off to bed to read and have my last cuppa tea.

Hugs and beautiful dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 02 2013 09:53:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  06:31:17 AM  Show Profile
Peggy great porch.
Kim, good for you. And I know what Bunny is talking about for sure. Between the illustrated how to books and the guys in the the hardware stores it is amazing what you can do.
Bunny, so it was not your nitche. Do not worry about that. You will find your spot. As for algebra, one word yuk!
Lorena, the snow has finally melted and I can use my clothes line. I love fresh sheets off the line.
Miranda amazing what dogs will eat. I one had one that ate a whole hand of bananas peal and all.
Took GDD to doctor. Now we start with the tests? Double yuk.
Published the 4th book on Smashwords and got one in without having to go back and fix anything. Phew.
Blessing All.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  10:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
I am going to check out your Smashbooks today.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  2:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies. Bright and sunny although still pretty cool today. Wish I had a sun room where I could sit and enjoy the sunshine a bit more but without feeling the chill. At least we're not getting snow like MN is! Wow is all I can say at getting hit with a foot or more in May. It's been a weird winter to say the least. My mom lives in Pennsylvania and she emailed me earlier they've had 12" of rain and it's still raining.

Bunny - don't feel like a failure. You'll find your knitch somewhere and hopefully soon. I was terminated last week so I can totally understand how you're feeling. Get this I was fired for posting to Facebook about the birth of a calf. New director is cleaning house and unfortunately I was naive enough to think I was safe. She sure showed her true colors last week. To say I'm feeling beaten, raw and bruised over the stupidity and lies is putting it mildly. I had a phone interview today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have one with Walmart's tomorrow morning for a position in lawn & gardens. Not administrative word but probably a good fit.

Chemise - I'm going to have to check out your books. I bought a tablet a couple months ago and love reading books on it. I really need to stop accumulating and start reading LOL I just can't turn down free books though. I do buy some though if I really like an author. If you ever need a proofer keep me in mind lol

PeggyAnn - yes they had been working me some serious hours - about 50-55+ hours a week - making it hard to do anything but collapse after I got home in exhaustion. We have a tiny porch/deck but the way it's set up makes most of it where we walk so it doesn't work well for putting seating on it. It's my project for the summer because I like to sit outside. I showed Matt some boxes that we could mount on the outside of the deck railing and he liked that idea. With winds gusting 40+ miles and hour on occasion here whatever we have needs to be windproof and can't be blown away.

I mentioned a while back I'd started on a Tunisian crocheted baby afghan. Still isn't done but here are some pictures of it so far. It's knitted from side to side instead of top to bottom. Length is a little over 3' long. It's a little over half way done at this point. I love the baubles and it was an easy 4 row repeat pattern so it was easy to memorize. The other pattern I'd considered going with was something like 22 row repeat. Question for those of you that do the badges - can you do the levels out of order? I haven't completed the easier levels and this definitely would not be a beginner project. By the time I'm done I'll have way over 50 hours in on it.

It's Matt's birthday today so I'm taking him out for supper. Nothing fancy, just Applebee's and we'll get one of the 2 for $20 options. I baked him a gooey chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I considered doing more a a whipped lighter frosting and possibly a jam layer in the middle but he likes gooey so gooey he shall have lol. A couple weeks ago at the mall they were having a craft fair so I picked up a fleece blanket with kitten faces all over it. One of the cats looks so much like his cat, Luney, I had to get it for him. Picked up a couple crossword puzzles and some snack size candies for him to take to work and put in his desk. He was happy. I wanted to get him a professional grade jack for auto work but need to watch my pennies right now so that got put on hold.

I finished reading The Hunger Games finally. I wanted to get it read before the next movie is released. I'm working on the second book in the series now. This is one of the rare cases where I will admit I like the movie over the book. That's extremely rare for me. Kindle had all 3 books on special a while back for something like $3.99 for all of them - couldn't pass that up even though I already had the first book in paper form.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  3:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good evening girls. I thought I would stop by before I had to get my husband off to work.

Bunny, I just finished my semester and I had three semesters of Algebra and struggled through all three. I have applied calculus left and then I shall be all done with Math. Yeah. I did okay just glad they are done and I am almost done with all my math classes. And to think that when I first went back to school I wanted to major in math. Boy that didn't last very long. Hang in there, it will soon be all over with.

Kim, I like the way that you chose your house. We live in a rental in Florida and we hate this state. After I graduate with my BA degree we will be moving. Just don't know where yet. I am a list maker and right now I am putting together a list of the things we want from a place and will then pick out some places that will match that. It is nice to have the whole US at my disposal to chose from but on the other hand it can be daunting.

Peggy I just loved your porch pictures. I have a screened in back porch with a gardenia bush right off one side of it. I have been looking for some suggestions on what to do with it. For now we just have a set of Christmas lights around the ceiling that are soft and the old patio set that really needs to be redone which I am in the process of completing this summer while I am on break from college. So I have some ideas now thanks to your pictures.

Tammy, loved the blue afghan. I made one for each of my in-laws this last Christmas and haven't a clue what to make this year yet. Also thank you for the tip about the Kindle -Hunger Games. I love that movie and would to read the books. I shall get them later tonight.

Well tonight after my husband leaves for work, I shall be painting my kitchen. Then tomorrow night it will be the cabinets in the kitchen. I am painting the whole house and doing one room at a time. It is Spring Cleaning to the max.

Have a lovely evening and I'll talk with you all later this week. School is out Yeah!!!!

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page