Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  5:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Tammy,
The afghan is beautiful. You are a good symmetrical knitter.
Don't worry about the job situation, sometimes God has to jerk us out of one place to get us to the right place. Been there, done that.
Hang in there.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  5:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, so sorry about the job. It seems there are more terrible bosses to work for than good ones. I can't say I have had a good one yet. Not looking forward to the official job search. Sending good thoughts your way.

Becky, if I thought I could get through the math class I need for a BA I would keep going. But I just don't think I have it in me. It's the one thing holding me back. I'm just going to go for an AA.

Got through my algebra test today. I'm just hoping for a C at this point.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  6:33:10 PM  Show Profile

Just had to share this...is this not just the cutest pup? I might be a bit biased...hahahahah But he just happened to look at the camera at the right time. A rare photo shot. Hope yall had a great day.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  7:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy that is the most adorable puppy I have seen. Your right he looked at the camera at the right moment for one of those Kodak moments.

Bunny, my husband is the same way. When I was in College Algebra I had pretty good grades, holding a strong B until the final. Had to have a 60 or else I failed the course. Came out of the final thinking I had failed. My final score on that final was a 64. Just made it by the skin of my teeth. Took a semester off and this next fall I will graduate with my AA. I need only a science course and the math is the pre-rec course I need for the BA. I am 56 a couple of years older than you and I know how hard it is to go back to school at this age. Just hang in there, you can do it. I believe you got your "C" or better.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  9:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Becky, thanks for the confidence. Actually, I'm turning 56 this June. Nice to know someone else my age is in the same place. Good for you almost to your BA.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  12:07:23 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...I am really tired tonight so I am going to keep this short and sweet.

Cherime...good for you for getting that fourth book on Smashwords with not problems to correct. Woot Woot!!

Terri...hope you have better luck with Smashwords that I had.

RSFM Tammy...I have tried to do the Babble Pattern...and I just don't get how to do it. I love the look of it though.
So pretty.
So sorry about your job situation. I am really against businesses being able to go on your social networking sites and then firing someone because of something they don't like. They should just be outlawed on there.

Bunny...I think good bosses are far and few between...but I am happy to say that I have had a couple really good ones. But I liked being the Boss the Best...truth be known. LOL True!

Teacher Tammy...oh, I just want to pick that pup up and hug him...he is so darn adorable. Nice hair cut too. I like when you can really see their faces all opened up like that.
Jax you make me miss Bella...she had that same kind of sweet face.

OK...not even reading tonight...going right to bed.

Night All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  7:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
just popping in to say quick hello. My twins turned 17 today. That hardly seems possible. I am a proud mama. They are out with some friends tonight. The dogs and I are hanging out with dear hubby. I do hope yall had a great day. I have only 7.5 days until school is out. I am ready. Love my butterflies but it is time for fun in the sun so to speak.

well off to read for a bit.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  9:44:00 PM  Show Profile
I would like to try and come visit more often and I'm going to try. There is so much going on here and it's really been a long time (unless you count popping in a few days ago). I am praying that we will be allowed and trusted with a loan for the house we want.We have waited since January for the sellers to get some work done that needed to be done for the appraiser to come in and we finally diod that three weeks ago. Unfortunately the bank we went to (our own bank) due to the appraisal said no. Funny the house appraised at $10,000 more than we are paying and minus needing painting on the outside is good...well,that and the burn barrel,which they didn't like. they even said they would estimate $2,000 to fix everything in other words hire someone to paint. On,to the next bank.This is one the realtor suggested and the first thing they saw was the appraisal. The person I am working with showed the others whom help make the decisions and they didn't seem to mind. So now we have sent the application,paystub,tax return and verification of funds for closing ....She told me today that she should have an answer Monday. I am hoping and praying her answer is yes! We have walked a long road to get to this. Many trips looking(all over the state) and this is our fifth excepted offer...the others either fell through due to the listing agent or were backup offers.This house is so much better for us,so perfect for our family...If you wouldn't mind praying with me I would truly appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  12:01:54 AM  Show Profile

Pretty Lilac Tree I saw on my walk today. Love the color of it!
Thought I would share.

CJ6...(I'm sure you have a name you could share...I feel like I'm talking to a Droid). LOL I will be happy to pray for you
about this house. It always feels good to know that others are praying along side of us. Such a comfort to know (at least to
me anyway). Sounds like you found the perfect house for your family...so we will just pray that this Bank gives you the Loan
you need.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, your mama's heart just must be so full! I loved watching my boys get to the "man stage" where they weren't
kids any more. Not fully men...but getting very close indeed. The apron string ties have been severed...now they begin walking
into adulthood. And Mama is wearing Glad and Sad at the same time. I tell you the truth (now you know I wouldn't lie to ya)
once my boys moved out on their own...we became Friends! It is so different that just being mother and son and so much better.
The responsibility for raising them up in the Lord is over...even though you will always keep sharing God with them at every
opportunity...but you are Free to love them for the neat young men you have raised them to be. It is such a Wonderful time to
love them with no-strings attached. My 3 sons are 27,34, and 39 and I love the relationship I have with them. It made all that
hard work so worth it. And now we can just laugh at all the stupid stuff they did growing up...though at the time...none of us
were laughing. And guess what...mom seems so "Wise" to them now, Dad too. Enjoy their last year of High School but know that
with empty nest...there are blessings awaiting. Boys always stay close to their mamas. Until they find a mate and then it is
not as often that they want to spend time with you...but it is still there.

OK...off to bed. Hope you all have a Fabulous Weekend. Hot weather here and I am loving it!!!

hugs and squishies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 04 2013 12:02:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  12:42:33 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn,
Thank you so much for standing with me in prayer for this house. I really appreciate it.The picture of the lilacs is beautiful! I have an antique french lilac is what we were told and I'd love to take a shoot from it if we get the house you are praying with me for. My name is cj and I write it with little letters. When I joined Mary Jane's Farm someone already was using cj or some version of it and so I added the number of children I have 6...lol!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  10:31:06 AM  Show Profile
cj...so nice to know that about your name. LOL Yes, I know the other CJ too and she has been on MJF for a very long
time. Wow...six children...you are abundantly blessed. My DH and I have six between us...all grown and on their own
now. 4 sons and 2 daughters. How about you? More girls or more boys? I will be waiting to here that you got your
house. Praying until I get that good news but thanking God in advance for it.

Quiet on here this morning huh? I'm already to take a little cat-nap myself.

I will check back later....

hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  10:43:38 AM  Show Profile
Peg, I like the flowers. I am lurking here and trying to get another book edited. It is one I did back in 1980's. It was easy to copy and past into Word. But now I have to remove all the stuff that would keep it from going in correctly. I also am wracking the brain for a cover. This one is set in the music industry, heavy metal band stuff. A romantic murder mystery. So, the cover could be a pain.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  12:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
How about "The Who Did It". If you Google Heavy Metal Music pictures you will get some great ones.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  12:50:05 PM  Show Profile
Actually I am talking with my Son about doing up one. He knows a lot about rock history as a base player and does the art work for his band. He is good. Iam going to let him take a shot at it.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  6:28:43 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - The lilac is beautiful! Nothing really is coming up here yet that I've seen. Of course we had snow until last weekend so understandable. It's been exciting seeing green grass start to spike up and grow this week. The furkids have been grazing on it like their starved lol. Thankfully they don't eat enough to make themselves vomit - they just enjoy eating it.

CJ - hope you get the place.

Matt took me shopping today. Didn't tell me for what when we left just that we were going shopping. He intended to buy me boxes to hang around the deck. Problem was that Walmarts, the only store that carries stuff like that, didn't have enough in stock of any color to do the entire deck so we'll have to do a ship-to-store order. Bummer. It would have been nice.

Today I broke down and decided to try making refried beans in the crockpot. I found a recipe on Pinterest that I used. So easy!!! I got 4 pints out of it, froze 3 of them and I'll use one Monday when I make tacos. I doubt I'll be buying any more cans of refried beans now. I'll just have to ensure I always have some in the freezer.

Tammy - Have you read any of Tamar Myers Pennsylvania-Dutch mysteries? I read one this week, Too Many Crooks Spoil The Broth, and was highly disappointed with it. The behavior of the Amish & Mennonite characters was totally out of line for their beliefs.

Well have to jump off, Matt wants to list stuff on Ebay so I need to get that set up. Have a good night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  12:07:01 AM  Show Profile

SUMMER TIME GIRLS...SUMMER TIME REFRESHMENT!

Evening My Porchies...I just had to hop back on and see if there was anyone else on...

RFM Tammy...Oh, that is such a bummer that you had to order them in. I know when I want something...
I want to be able to get it now!!! Hey, you might share that refried bean recipe on here. I don't like
them myself but I bet a lot of the gals would.

I don't think I have read any of the Tamar Myers books on the Amish. But I do love Wanda Bruenstetter (I know
I misspelled that by a mile) but she is my favorite Amish Writer. I have read all most all of hers.

Cherime...you don't seem like a Heavy Metal Mama to me. LOL I bet your son will do a great Cover for you and
he would feel such a part of your book. You will have to show us...when he gets it done for you.

Hi Terri!!! Come on over for a cuppa tea!

Well...today was kind of a normal mellow Saturday. I met with the kids at Target for a cup of Starbucks and helped
them decide on some baby items. It has only been a week since I saw Saddie and she looks huge! I wouldn't be surprised
if he came around Mother's Day. How great a Mother's Day That Would Be???

Then hubby and I made our usual treck to Barnes and Noble. I looked at books for my book club...we need a new read. I am
kind of wanting a good Mystery. Did two Sci-Fi the last couple of months...just need a change.

Then back home to do laundry. Got all that done...and boy do I love climbing into a bed with Fresh Sheets! Isn't that just
the best feeling??? I also sat out on My home Porch and enjoyed an 85 degree day. It was Awesome!

OK..off to order a book and do a little reading before sleep time.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  04:57:01 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Biker Babe is more to the point. And yes, my DH did play rock and blues. He taught my son to play and they used to play together all the time. Will post the cover when he gets done.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  06:41:49 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful morning today. Too bad I'm stuck inside at my mils getting a weeks worth of laundry dried and washing what accumulated afterward. The clothesline poles are cut off but we've got to get the. Cement mixed and poured and let it set up before I can use it. With my luck it will rain on the day I plan to do laundry after the lines are done. After the laundry is done, I've got to do my weekly barn chores and bring back more manure.. this past week has been exhausting and I'm certain there's no rest for this weary body this week either.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  12:16:45 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, my six a g,b,g,g,g,b.The older three are all out of the house the past few years and it sure is different with only three.If you like Wanda Brunstetter have you read Beverly Lewis? I really like bother and have read most everything they have written. There is also a lady Susan Fisher Woods I think that writes Amish stores and is real good,I just started reading some of hers. Bodie and Brock Thoene write romance/"mystery" books that are based upon the real history and are good. The first ones I read are The Zion Chronicles series and Zion Covenant series one is the time frame just before World War 2 and the other during. I know they have an which goes back to World War 1 time frame and some that are back in Bibical times. You may like those too. Is Saddie,your daughter or daughter in love? How exciteing to be having a new baby soon : )

Cherime,how neat that you are a writer! I have girls who are very good artists and I would love to see what your son does for you book cover.

Tammy,sorry about the boxes,I'm the same way...hope to go to the store to find some so I can do it now and then disappointed when I can find what I hoped for or what I saw a few days ago.

Thanks everyone for your prayers for the house. they are suppose to be making a decision around 7:30 -8:30 Monday(tomorrow) morning.

Edited by - cj6 on May 05 2013 12:18:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:19:02 PM  Show Profile
CJ...I have read Beverly Lewis too but couldn't think of her name for the life of me last night.
I read Zion Chronicles and Zion Covenant years ago and just loved those too. Have you ever read
any of Francine Rivers books??? I highly recommend them ALL if you haven't. She is my all time
favorite Christian Author. Believe it or not I haven't read her last two...but I will. I use to
manage two different Christian Book Stores...so I am very familiar with most all of the Authors
across the board and a lot of the Christian Contemporary Groups.

Yes Mercedies (Sadie/only one d/I told you I was tired last night. lol) is my daughter in love.
Yes, we are so excited for Elijah Rainn Smith to come join the Family. I think Sadie is starting
to feel like a Buddha Statue because every time I see her...I rub her belly and talk to my little
grandson. LOL

Tammy...I felt just like you did last week when I went back to get a cute resale bassinet for the
baby so I can have it here in my room...for those times I watch him...and it was gone. I was so
disappointed. But with resale...it's buy it when you see...but when I saw it I was broke. Isn't that
the way. Then when I had money...I could find nothing.

Cherime...Biker Babe who is into Heavy Metal...now I get the picture. LOL Ought to be a great story...
is it based on your life. LOL Just joshing you!

OK...off to get something done. Didn't make it to Church today. Husband still not quite healed from those
broken ribs and still sleeping a lot. I know it is restorative sleep but I'm kind of tired of just
having to be quiet all the time. He still can't sleep in the bed...so is still sleeping in his recliner
in the living room. That is why I have to tip toe around him. Maybe if I make a lot of racket he will
find his way back to the bedroom faster. LOL

Ok...later babes.
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Peggy,
I like female detectives. Earlene Fowler has quilt-themed and titled books like, Fools Puzzle, Irish Chain, etc.
I like Sue Grafton too. The ABC series, A is for Alibi, B is for Burglar, etc.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:38:25 PM  Show Profile
Dh knows the local district forestry warden. Dh was milling some wood for him with a portable saw mill when the warden got a call about an out of control fire two towns over. Hr asked my dh if hr would help. Dh said yes. The fire is out and debriefing going on at the forestry station. My dh doesn't do volunteer fireman things but when asked to step up hr does. I'm a proud wife right now and am looking forward to seeing dh and hearing about everything.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  2:04:38 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn,years ago is when I read the Zion books also...I bought them as I read them and one day should go back and read the again. I may make them "required" reading for my 14year old for her schooling. She loves to read and loves that time frame! I haven't read but,onle a few of what they have written in a while and should start again,maybe with the series that goes back to WW1,then the others. I love how he does the research and then she writes the stories around it. I don't recognize the neam Francine Rivers off hand. What kind of stories does she write? I Love the name Elijah! It was one I wanted for a couple of ours,then had girls. You'll find a bassinet when it's time. Have you tried freecycle where you are? Someone may have one tucked away and be willing to pass it on.

Lorena,I hope everyone is safe and there wasn't too much damage and loss.
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  5:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn, it won't work. Last year my husband had an accident at work and almost bleed to death. He had to sleep in his recliner to keep his leg elevated. It has been 19 months now and he still has to sleep in the recliner most of the time because of blood flow in his left leg. I know what it is like to have to tip toe around and be quiet all the time. The hardest part is to keep the dog quite while he is sleeping. He is back to work, but I still worry that something could happen to his leg again and be back to square one. Hang in there. Time does heal all wombs, just some seem to take longer than ever to heal.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  6:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Peg, Harley biker babe, roadie to a guitar keyboard playing mechanic who played hot rock. He had had a bad accident and his legs gave him trouble also That happened right before we got married. So I moved the equipment for him. I am really good with a hand truck. But he could ride the motorcycle and we rode a lot. We once had to ride home after the bike dumped us. He had to pop the front forks back into place. We were up a twisty road in the boonies. He had a bruised rib and his legs ached from having the bike fall over on him. He asked me if I could ride. Told him I could if he could pilot. We got the bike home and collapsed into bed for 3 days. We also had a small sailboat that we took out a lot. I have done a lot of stuff.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page