Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  9:48:38 PM  Show Profile
How about Madam Miranda...?

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  11:08:42 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Ladies...I'm on early tonight as DH and I are going to try to get up at 7:00 am and get on the road around 8:00 am...for Spokane.

Bunny...I will give you a shout out as we drive through The Dalles. (+:
Thanks for clearing up my tax confusion. I knew someone must be checking and double checking everyone.

Missus Miranda...Love the Hummingbird picture. You are so right that most people are totally oblivious to the "little
miracles" in life. One day a friend of mine and I were walking together (she is about 20 yrs younger than me) but I spotted that little hurried flitting out of the corner of my eye...and I stopped and she said, "What are you looking at?" So, I showed her...and she said, "Oh, wow...I've never seen a real one before!" I was shocked...as we have tons of Hummingbirds around here. I thought she was pulling my leg. LOL
She wasn't!

Jessica...I love your Porch and the little sitting area you made (just for us!)
That would be a fun area to decorate up.
My little Porch is just crammed full of things that make me happy. When I get back from my trip...I will take a picture or two and post. And also of my postage stamp garden I just did this week. I have as much garden art in there as I do veggie plants. I have to make everything FUN and Visual...because those little things are what make me happy. I put a plant stake in my garden that says. "Plant a Garden and Water Your Soul"....that is exactly how I feel.

OK Ladies...I may be off for a few days. Pray for Traveling Mercies for us and for our old car to make it. And that we both can tolerate that 6 1/2 hr. drive.
Doesn't seem long until you start having health issues and then it really does. Also, that is the most boring drive...after you get past Hood River and The Dalles. We could probably drive it blind-folded...as we have driven it so much over the last 30 years...to see family.

OK...have a great rest of the Week.

Hugs and Squishies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  11:10:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi, porchies!
Congratulations to you both Miranda and Josh! Have a happy married life! Love that catfish picture. I had catfish for the first time in March at Pigeon Forge, TN. It was farm raised and delish! I've heard of the muddy taste though, and we do have catfish in the river across the road. We're more trout fisherpeople though. I am full Bohemian on my father's side. So, I know what Kolaches are! The best little pastry in Texas!..and anywhere else. My favorites are poppy seed and prune and apricot fillings. Still haven't mastered the trick to keeping the filling in the kolache and not oozing out. Oh, well. I'll keep trying. Savory fillings must be a recent adaptation, since we seem to be making everything into a brealfast treat. We bought our house new 33 yrs. ago. Our kitchen is the world's tiniest. It came with a dishwasher. We had it removed to make more cupboard space. DH promised to be my dishwasher. He has been true to his word and has never broken down even at family events.What an old sweetie!
Judy, you have earned a restful sit on your patio! Enjoy.
Peggy, Have a really good trip! Neither of you are allowed to get sick on this trip (wish I had magic).
Jess, That's such a nice porch. And, I like seeing the chairs turned a little toward each other. Very inviting.
Well, ladies, our DGD has moved back home. She found the country life too confining. Plus, we had one rule. Be home by curfew. (That doesn't mean start home at curfew.) Oh, well..she can come back anytime. She still calls gma and gpa when she wants something.bad gma, bad gma. Today is another achey day, so I will just read awhile. Ta for now.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Apr 24 2013 11:11:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  12:55:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh Ladies, I am asking for prayer again for our community. We have lost a second young man to suicide. It is so heart breaking.
Our local school is having a huge issue. It's a very small school, K-12 all in one campus and almost 1 building. Last years graduating class had just over 20 seniors. So, really small school, everyone knows everyone. Well, this year some of the bad seeds got together and formed a gang that is just causing so much trouble. And no one is standing against them. They have came to our church on a wednesday night and beat up one of our youth. They have a "hit list" of students that they beat up on, sometimes as much as three fights a day at the school. They have set fires to several abandon houses in the area. And are now acussed of raping one of the young girls in JR high. The sheriff dept. are arguing over juristiction as the school and our town sits on the county line. We don't have our own police. The parents of these gang-students have threated any state agency with death if they come out, so the Dept of Childerns Service won't do anything. The School's hands are tied because no one will give evidence against the gang (to scared of the gang). The young man who took his life, he was being bullied by the gang, and the girl that was raped, was his girlfriend. So the young man confronted the gang, and a fight broke out, and the young man got expelled from school, because HE started it. (WHAT, REALLY!)Then, the gang beat him up again. His mom, trying to stop everything took away the young mans phone and internet (alot of online bullying)The young man was a close friend of the young man who took his life just recently, so I guess Allen felt lost. He took his own life. Our town is torn up. I hope it wakes up and puts a stop to this maddness!
I homeschool my kids, but my daughter knew both these boys thru church and church camp. Both boys (thankgoodness) were christians, and from good homes. I just don't understand how the laws have gotten so upside down that it's almost impossible to stop this, or why if the sheriff and agency's are afraid, they don't just bring in more help. I just don't know. I know this post is long, but I am so lost as to how to help these kids, as a youth leader in our church. I know the right verses, I know the right things to say, we have been having counciling sessions for the youth leaders to help us help the children cope. And of course I pray, but this is just so heart breaking and frustrating.
I'm sorry for unloading on you, and I've almost deleted all this because it's just so emotional. But I really, really would like some prayers for our hometown. For Allen's mom and sister. And for the hearts of our school teachers and leaders. Summer really can't come soon enough.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Jess_Quinn
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jessica
Gleason TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  12:58:32 PM  Show Profile
O my, Shanda.... I have a little one starting kindergarten this year in a school the size of the one you described. This is so heartbreaking...I'll definitely be praying.

"He makes the grass to
grow for the cattle, and herb for
the service of man, that he
may bring forth food out
of the earth" Psalms 104:14
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  2:22:39 PM  Show Profile
Shanda,that is heartbreaking! Hugs and prayers....
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  6:27:46 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
it was finally a beautiful day here...just loved it. I am counting the days until school is out...I could clip all the wings of my little butterflies today...they were naughty and I do mean naughty....I am so ready for some time away. Next year I will be teaching third and fourth but also some other subjects when my class is in computer and pe and science and music. so I have some work to do this summer. Change is good although this will be the first time in 25 years of teaching I won't have second grade.

I have been getting anxious to plant my herbs and strawberries. Although we are not sure what will grow since when we moved to our new farm last summer it was too late to do that...so adventure I think it will be this year.

Bunny so glad work went well.

Miranda congrats my sweet one...sounds like a lovely wedding. So glad yall had a beautiful week.

Peggy praying for your traveling

Judy I gonna try the chili tea tonight...I am in a mood and thinking this might be good one.

well ladies it has been a day so I am off to tea and reading
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  6:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Shanda praying

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  6:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
CJ6 welcome.

Shanda,
That is heartbreaking news. God is the only one who can stop all this.
Praying for the entire situation and protection for the victims.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  08:06:38 AM  Show Profile
Count my prayers, too! The school our kids (hopefully) will some day go to is about the same size, and DH (teehee) grew up in a school the same size in Lubbock.

The problem is no one wants to hurt anyone's feelings because, of course, these aren't bad kids, they're just misunderstood. We need to grow a spine again and admit that there is evil in the world, and that evil needs to be fought. Everyone wants to deny that the Fruit of the Tree was bitten, but it was!

I pray that people get their heads together and stand up to these evil people who think they have the right to terrorize others. We're SUPPOSED to be created equal, but we forget that too often, these days.

Sorry... it just makes me so angry that the kids that are trying to do the right thing are the ones who get punished. It happened to me when I was a kid, and it's only getting worse. All the "programs" about ending bullying are just complete bunk. They aren't paying attention to the real problem. It was the same in my day, and it's just getting worse today. No one defends the kids who are being bullied, and when they take a stand and DO something rather than just talk, they get in trouble!

I pray for those poor children, especially the poor girl who has lost so much!! Be strong and may they all find strength to stand up together!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  5:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Miranda
I understand your anger...but I hope you know there are some of us teachers who do truly care and put it on the line everyday and some schools are doing something about bullying...I pray that we all continue to work together and stand united. Our children are entrusted to us daily and we have a big job in taking care of them. I am thankful every day for the wisdom and patience God gives me. My hubby teaches in a high school and he says they are faced with many challenges but they are working on making school a place of safety and haven for all. I am so sorry Shanda for the loss in your town. I will pray that everyone will reach out and help. I don't understand why the police are not doing something In our town they would. I am sorry being on soap wagon...but things like this make all of us look bad and that is so unfair to the ones who do the right thing.

Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  08:14:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh Tammy, I do know there are teachers who do care. I did not mean to step on toes. In fact, I have a few teachers who, to this day, inspire me. I graduated high school 15 years ago. I saw one teacher's brother, thought it was him, and talked to him at the grocery store recently. He laughed and said "No, he's my brother!". I said "You look just like him!" and he thanked me! HAHA!

What makes me more angry is that administrators look at things like the kid trying to defend another kid and see it as a "problem". You are right, it IS unfair to those who do the right thing.

In fact, that reminds me of another of my teachers who had two things he drilled into us every day... "Carpe Diem" and "Do the Right Thing". He was, oddly, an Economics teacher. I learned so much from that man. I got picked on one day by a football player for saying "yes sir" and "no sir" and he called out this EXTREMELY popular football player "She says SIR because she's being respectful and I had better never hear you say a word about it again."

That football player was twice his size and half his age, but stood down immediately because he knew that Coach was serious. NO one messed with him, and he was one of the kindest, gentlest people I'd ever met. But, he's a cowboy, and I can imagine he'd be terrifying if he had to be. Lucky for us, he never had to be.

I wish more people could have learned from him!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  8:02:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Miranda I love those two sayings...we need administrators to stand up with us....Carpe Diem...they need to seize hold of the problem and help us who do the right thing and you did not step on my toes...just wanted you to know there is someone who understands and is in your corner...I always tell my butterflies today is the day...take the leap and fly...I agree I so wish we had more teachers to learn from...I am so thankful for the ones who kept me on my toes.

You are such a blessing Miranda I have missed your posts.

I am missing Peggy and Judy how are you? Bunny how was school? Just checking in on all yall
hope you had a great day
Love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  12:53:10 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

We made it safely to and from Spokane. Had a great visit with my Mom and enjoyed spoiling her on her 80th Birthday.
God answered my prayers and she was in unusually good spirits. Praise His Name!!! (+: But I had prayed for my
attitude towards her too...that I could be Happy and Cheerful and Celebrate Her no matter how she was...and God
honored that request because she said two major UN-truths that would have normally made me defensive...but I just
sent up a quick prayer and said, "God...we aren't even going there." And I was able to move on...and change the subject.

My husband had a wonderful time visiting all his kids and two of the grand-kids. I missed out out most of that, but
before we left Spokane...my DH said he wanted to buy me a Starbucks (which I never turn down) and there was my oldest
Step-daughter and grand-daughter Hallie...waiting for me. That was so sweet! Hope to have Hallie early this Summer
for a couple of weeks. She is going into ninth grade. She is so much fun and just a little sweetheart to have around.

On the way home our car started to make a horrible noise (but we were 3/4ths of the way back and we just prayed it all
the way home.) God was ever gracious and faithful and we made it. I asked my husband what the noise was and all he would
say was, "It's Bad News!" Then when we got to The Vet's to pick our dog Snickers up...we found out that he has a deteriorating
bone disease and is going to need surgery on his right hip. At the tune of $1,000 to $1500 dollars. We are praying about it
but we just have to come up with the money for it...because I am NOT putting a 3rd dog down because we can't afford medical
treatment for them.

Shanda...my heartaches for what is happening in your small school there. ONLY GOD...can fix a problem like that...especially
when Law Enforcement wont step in and stop the gang. But it does affect your entire community when something so evil takes
root. It is like a growing cancer that needs removed.

Judith...so good to have you on The Porch!!! Husband and I held up great during the trip...we just came home "Happy but Tired."
That is a long boring trip...but we achieved what we set out to do...and it was very good.

Miss Miranda...I know your frustrations girl...we all feel it with you. This entire Bullying thing is just way out of control
and yet some schools are really getting a grip on it and turning it around. We just need those schools to turn around and
teach other schools how to accomplish the same thing.

Teacher Tammy...I praised God continually when my boys were in Public School that there were so many good Christian Teachers
in the Schools and great Christian kids too. They each made a difference and an impact on young lives.

Thanks for missing Judy and me!

Can't wait until you get your Summer Break...I can well imagine that you are ready and deservedly so!!

CJ6...Welcome back to the Porch...I hope you will get your little piece of Country Heaven pretty soon!

Cherime, Terri, and Jessica...Hope all is going well in your lives right now.

Bunny...did you hear my Shout-outs both times I went through The Dalles on this trip????? My husband just asked
that I not yell in his ear. LOL Nice warm day today wasn't it?

On this trip we saw many eagles, osprey, hawks and 5 huge Rocky Mt. Big Horn Rams and 3 deer...and lots and lots of great weather!!

OK...I'm tired...off to Dreamland. Don't know if I will even crack my book open tonight or not.

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME! *Click-click!* THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME....

Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 27 2013 12:43:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  07:05:01 AM  Show Profile
Peggy. praying for your dog.
Need prayer for GDD ladies. Seems that she has been having short, like 10 min or so seizures. This time had a hour long one. This has been going on since she was about 14 maybe as she does not recall much of her childhood as her adoptive mom had her n three kind of meds including anti-depressants that are not supposed to be given to teens. So now we have to go through trying to find out is going on.
On a good note. almost finished with book #4. I think it is the best yet.
Blessings

CMF
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  09:06:31 AM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

Chermie, we will be sending up prayers for you GDD!

PeggyAnn, So glad you had a great trip!

And I thank you all for prayers. I felt kind of bad unloading here. I know we are all here for support and friendship, but I seriously almost deleted that post thinking it was just too much, but I guess I needed to vent. As a youth leader, I'm trying to show hope and positive attitude with the teens. Yet in my mind and heart I was really broken up. So I've taken a few long walks and spent time in prayer AND a bit of time in a quiet home hand sewing some quilt blocks for a swap. I just needed to find my balance and restore my hope. I know that evil will run it's course but in the end our Lord and Christ will overcome all evil and make all things right.

I am thankful for the teachers we have in our little school. I know most of them by first names, and several are close family members. They are trying, really really trying to help these kids and I respect them for the hard work they have done. I began homeschooling my children when we lived in Texas, just north of Houston, because I wanted to be with them and share in their educational journey. To watch them discover new things and let them find their own paths. It's been a challange as a single mom to find work that fits around our lifestyle, but I wouldn't change a day (not even the bad ones) of our journey.

Needless to say, I am in a better place today, then I have been all week.

Oh and fair warning, I found my cord to my camera, so pictures will be coming soon. My bosses (the company is owned by a father and son) went on vacation together and I am running the ship solo. So it may be a bit before I download the pictures...but You have been warned!

Blessing to all and enjoy your weekend.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  11:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, good on pix and feeling better. Vent all you want.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  12:35:49 PM  Show Profile
Shanda,
don't you worry about venting..we are here for you. That's what we do. We hold each other up.
Peggy so glad you are home safe and sound.
Cherime..praying dear one

just popping in but washer just went off. Will be back later.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  6:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, glad you made it home safe. I heard you holler . I was waving from up on the hill.
So sorry about Snickers. I sure hope you can do something for him.

Shanda, please don't worry about venting. This is a safe place to do that. I'm pretty alone most of the time and this is the only place I have to vent. Everyone understands and most us have done our fair share of venting too.

Cherime, I sure hope you can figure out what is wrong. Sounds scary for both of you. Thankfully she is with you and not her mother.

The nice weather has helped me feel much better lately. I still get run down and have pain if I work too long or do too much. But feeling better at least.
I got my planter boxes ready for my lettuce garden. Everything is coming the begging of May. I also found a great book on strawbail gardening. I have been conditioning them properly this time so my veggies should do great.

School is kicking my behind this time. Sooo much harder! I'll be lucky with C's. I'm bearly hanging on to my B's I. Two of my classes. Algebra is much harder this quarter. I can hardly comprehend what the teacher is saying. I'll make it but most likely with a C and that's just fine with me. My accounting class is much harder too. It is all online and it is the worst way for me to learn. I'm dreading the midterm test. I got a C on my payroll midterm. I just need to get through this quarter and then I only have two more classes and I'm done!

I have decided to sell my leftover fabric out of my living room one Saturday a month. I have a good list of quilters that hopefully will become regulars. I figure if I do it the same Saturday each month, they will make a point to see what is new. I'm not going to bring up everything at once so they will come back over and over again. If it becomes successful, I have many sources for good quality fabric at very reasonable prices. We will see.

Work has slowed down considerably. Mostly because there is no place for me to do the work. I need a computer and when everyone is there, no computers available. I'm ok with that. It gives me more time to get homework done.

Anyway, I guess I have written enough for a book!

Later everyone!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  7:02:38 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, as one venter to another.... vent on! And I would like to put in my vote for seeing pictures too.

Bunny, let me know when you'll have the fabric. My parents are coming to visit. My Mom is a quilter and I think they are planning a trip to Bend to work on their motorhome so if I know where and when they might be interested in seeing what you have.

Peggy, so glad your trip went well and that you had a good time with family.

I'm busy looking for a place to live. Thinking about getting some training and starting a business. Wrapping my mind around my reality and just clinging to God through it all. :) Thank you all for the prayers. Please keep praying for us as God puts us on your mind/heart.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  12:17:50 AM  Show Profile

Here is my little postage stamp garden. It is planted right under my kitchen window in the Apartments.

I have one yellow Heirloom tomato, one early girl tomato and 4 zucchini plants....and my garden art. LOL
I am just happy to have gotten this little space. I used planters so I didn't have to bend over to work.
I also didn't want to grow veggies on my Porch...so I planted flowers there. I have just enough outdoor space
to make me content. It really takes very little to make me happy.

Kimberly...still praying for you and the kiddos. Will add finding a new place to live and getting some training
for a job...besides minimum wage.

Bunny...glad you heard me shouting girl!! I'm with you with the nice weather...it even helps my fatigue. But we
got showers today and more tomorrow and Monday. Dropping back down into the 60's here...but back to the 80's by
Thursday. Yahoo!!! I'm doing my happy dance...*well at least in my head. They body is hurting tonight*

If you are doing your best and getting C's that is nothing to be ashamed about. It should get tougher and more difficult
to understand...Or you wouldn't be learning right?? I think you are amazing girl.

Great idea to sell your fabric that way!!! You're genius!!! Hope it goes even better than you think it will.

Hi Madame Butterfly... Keep clipping those wings as long as you can...they will learn important lessons that way.
I'm glad God got us home safely too...thanks.

Cherime...praying for GD's seizures. That sounds serious.

OK...tonight I plan to go read. Big Hugs and Sweetest Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  10:37:14 AM  Show Profile
Shanda prayers for your town. It's horrible. What do the state police say where the counties aren't doing anything? Can a petition get started among the legal residents to have the county line redrawn so that it's in one county or the other?

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  12:53:30 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon porchies,
It is a beautiful afternoon in my neck of the woods. Have the windows open to let spring air in...oh it feels so nice to have that fresh air roaming around the house. I have only 12 and 1/2 days left with the butterflies. I am ready for time off from them. Those little stinkers put game pieces down the heat vent this week and one little boy pinched a girl on the butt...does that tell you how often I have had the clippers out. This week we have our field day so they are all excited to run and throw the ball and do sack races. I am saying Lord please make it a warm day so we don't freeze our wings off...hahahh

Peggy so love your little garden. We are hoping to get things planted soon...it has still been too cold..so we are in the planning stages right now.

Bunny hang in there. There is nothing wrong with a C... you are working hard and that is all that matters. So proud of you!

well ladies, I am going to have a cup of tea outside and take in the sunshine and cool breeze.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  2:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Peggy Ann,
You garden is so cute. Believe it or not I think the 4 zucchini plants are going to be too many. Wait and see. I lived in an apartment until 6 months ago when I moved into my mobile home and I had a wonderful little garden on my patio. It is easy to take care of.
Good luck with it. Your garden art is cute too.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  3:43:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! Been missing yuns! I have been on about every other day just reading,but no time for answering. I knew "Sonday" would be my best bet! S here I am! *puff-puff* Got my "berry-sage" tea and my feet up annnnd weeeee're off....
Lorena,what is Scilla? I have a type of Squill. It's dainty and blue...so cute. It sure is hearty to withstand our Ohio winters. This is it's 3rd season with us.
Missus Miranda,so glad that you got a bumper-crop of good people to add to your family plot! lol
I use to have an old, Hungarian, neighbor&friend who made kolaches,apricot and poppyseed. Yum!
Oh,how I wish we could grow coffee here.
You can change anything you want to on MJFarm,just by clicking on your "Profile."
Cute pic of the little "Hummie".I love seeing those little creatures. For it to sit so close to you(even with glass there)and so still for a pic,is really amazing.Lucky you!
Hi'ya Jess!What a sweet,cozy porch.Thanks for the invite...I'm there with my cuppaa!If I'm in yer way,just step on my toes.I'll get the hint&oooch back! *giggle* Did you make that table yourself?
Hey Bunny, you cracked me up when you said Madam Miranda. ROFL...What does that make us...her "peeps?"....And who's the "pimp?"...Peggy?...since she is our Porch-Mama. *dabs eyes...giggle-snort*
Sorry, I must be really tired still...cause that really hit me as funny!
Peggy, I'm so glad that your trip was safe there and back. Also happy to hear that your visit went well,knowing how your Mom can be. Was Praying for all of yuns.
Sorry to hear about Snickers!Praying,my Dear! I love your cute little garden-spot!
Judith,So happy to see you again. It's been a long time Girlie!
I was only able to sit on our patio one day...then the weather changed ...AGAIN! DH and I ran some errands the next day(after our 82 degrees spoiled us)and we stopped for ice cream and guess what? While we sat in the car and ate it...we saw snow flurries! Honest! It's just crazy!
Shanda, been Praying for all the insanity happening in our schools.We stop Prayers in school,take God out of there too,stop disciplining our kids,then we wonder why we are in such a mess! Amen?
cj6,welcome to the porch! *hands you a steaming cuppa* Stop in anytime you can. We love the company!
TLTammy, well, what did you think of the sweet-chili-tea? It warms a feller up doesn't it?
I was at a disscount grocery the other day and picked up 2 Harney&Sons teas.Each were $3.89.
One was loose-leaf,Hot Cinnamon&Spice black tea,4oz,and the other was 20 teabags of Irish Breakfast bold,black assam tea.Can't wait to try them! I think i got a really good deal on those.
Thanks for missing Peggy&I...makes a feller feel warm&loved!
Shanda,we all need to vent smetimes.You are amongst friends and most importantly..."Sistas!"It's ok... we all need to unload at one point or another!
Pictures...finally...yeaaaa....*giggle*
Hi Cherime! How are you today?
Bunny,as always,I'm rooting for ya girl! You are such a brave sole doing all that studying and things I couldn't even fathom at my age!My will-power for such stuff is gone!You Shall Triumph!
*giggle* Sounds like a good idea,selling fabric out of your home!You go Girl!
Mama and I took a break and went to Hartville,Amish Kitchen and flea-Markt yesterday. We each bought lots of cheese and trail bologna and a few other must-haves.Then we had open-face pork sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy and of course butterscoth pie.mmmm...
We did a lot of walking,but it sure beat carrying boxes,unloading boxes...you get my drift. We needed the change of scenery!
One nice thing about the boxes, we take them back over to her neighbors at the old apartment,because they are moving too. Better than tearing them apart and recycling them. They even take the newspapers she used.
Well,that's all for now. We have rain all day today and to me that makes the upper 50's feel cold and damp. So I'm off for another hot cuppa blackberry-sage tea and my sheep mystery that I got a Goodwill. It's called "Three Bags Full" by Leonie Swann. It's about a bunch of sheep who solve the mystery of who killed their shepherd. They found him in the field with a spade thru him. *shiver* WhoDunIt? Kind of like my cat mysteries!
Toodleeeeoooo...

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page