Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  8:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello Gals! I am one wore-out puppy! Poor Mama is too. I swept her old apartment yesterday and scrubbed sinks and such today. Of course we had really hot weather both days.80's! Today is super windy. Radar shows a storm is on it's way.We are suppose to do a drastic cool off sometime within the next few days...maybe back into the 40's! ~Accckkkk~
Terri, wish I could have been on that ride with you. I love to ride.
I'm glad that you all are receiving and enjoying your teas. TLTammy,you need lots of Aztec Chili tea to keep you warm,you poor thing!
Well, I hear my bed calling me! I ache all over!
Nite Girlies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  6:12:28 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm still here. A bit overwhelmed with work and homework. I started learning how to prepare taxes today. I really don't know what I'm doing. Everything gets checked and corrected but I'm a bit out of my league here. I feel that I have no choice though. My stepdad probably won't last the year and my mom says she can't afford the mortgage when he dies. So if I don't want to be homeless again, I need to work. School is lots harder this quarter. I just have to take each day at a time. I haven't been able to do any sewing. Pretty bummed about that.

Judy, I bet you will be so glad when all this moving is over. 80 degrees! The weather just can't seem to make up its mind.

Peggy, glad you got through the inspection ok. I don't think I would enjoy living somewhere that inspected my home when ever they wanted to.

Well, I'm just too tired to comment anymore. Thinking about all of you. Have a great weekend.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  12:43:45 AM  Show Profile

This was my evening...just sitting here knitting. It is so relaxing girls....CHEAP THERAPY IS WHAT I CALL IT.

I just can't believe how busy everyone must be...because they sure aren't chatting on The Porch.

Bunny...so glad to hear from you!!! I can't even imagine how hard you are having to work at work and at school.
I hate numbers...so, I don't envy you...what you are having to endure. It would be a mind-blowing nightmare for me.
I applaud your efforts dear girl....but like you said...you don't really have any choice...you have to support yourself.
When is School out for the summer??? Will you be working more hours at work then? I am hoping you will have some down
time to refresh your soul by doing somethings that you love to do.

Judy...I figure that you and your mama are probably...going to be snoring through the weekend. I know how bone tiring that
moving stuff is. Crazy, Insane and Why bother unpacking all the boxes...she just might want to move again. *I didn't really
say that, did I?*

Bunny...I don't mind having inspections once or twice a year...makes my husband have to put his room in some kind of reasonable
order (organized chaos is what I call it).

Well, The Cardiologist gave the OK that my husband could drive to Spokane next week. So, he is going to see his Son & DIL, while
I will be staying with my Mother for her 80th birthday. We will just be gone for 3 days...but that will be enough for me. I
hate that long drive...but flying is worse now. The trip is short flying but we no longer have Service from Northwest Airlines
we have to take Horizon and those planes are little puddle jumpers. And now you have to pay $25.00 per carry-on bag. It is
terrible. So, I would now rather drive for 6 hours than fly.

Well, the rain is getting to my fibro so I am going to hit the hay. Hope you all have a great weekend...but drop on in and sit a
spell...The Porch is Lonely With Out You!!!!

Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  06:20:43 AM  Show Profile
I have been busy. All sorts of stuff going on.
Went to a movie with an old friend and saw the Crudes. It is a really cute movie and was good. We are planning to see the new Startrek movie in May.
Hey Terri, I used to ride years ago. Looks like you were enjoying yourself.
Bunny, praying for you.
Judy I bet you are worn out with with all that. Take care of yourself.
I am getting the 4th book done. It is truly amazing how characters decide their own books. If anyone here has read any of he stuff, please do a Smashwords review for me. Then maybe someone will actually read the stuff. It would be nice.
My other grandDD got the word from the doctor that it is all precancerous. I told her that is way better than the other. But they are apparently taking the female plumbing out. Ah well. The world makes it really hard to take God's word for healing. Well blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  1:38:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies!

I love stopping in here and reading about what everyone is up to. I don't always leave a comment but I enjoy listening in!

I still can't find my cord that allows the camera to upload pictures to the computer. I have a ton of pictures to show you, so be ready when I finally find that little sucker!

Oh, and I have to share a complement I was given today, the highest complement! Let me set the scene for you. Today is clean house day, so my daughter and I have on our aprons. We had just finished lunch so my daughter was doing up the dishes and I had just come in from checking for dry clothes hanging on the line. (so laundry basket on the hip) The kettle started whistling, so I was removing the kettle and pouring the hot water into the pitcher to make tea. So here we are, the two of us in the kitchen, with our aprons on, she with her hands in the soapy water and me with my laundry basket on hip and pouring a tea kettle. Mu stepdad walked by, (he's putting in sheetrock in Heather's room) and said "boy, you girls are really looking domestic" YEAH!

I love hanging laundry. I have a wonderful dryer. But, hanging clothes makes me slow down and it's very peaceful, and saves money! And we did have a dishwasher when we moved into the cabin. It was one of those portable ones you hook up to the sink. It took up a lot of room in our tiny kitchen and so I got rid of it. People thought I was crazy, but I want the kind of life that has to slow down to hand wash the dishes. That's the goal...simplify...slow down...be domestic. Now the tea is made, come on over and share a glass with me!

Blessings all!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  4:17:49 PM  Show Profile
Just thought Id stop and say my it's been nice reading what everyones been doing . Ive been busy getting things in order around here what a big job. Im downsizing and creating a new office space today . Here's a before and after picture. Where does all the stuff come from?

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  4:23:04 PM  Show Profile
I still need to add a few finshing touching. To hang a few pictures and a bill basket. The resale shop has gotten a nice box of things . So glad to have it all gone. Where does all the stuff come from?
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  6:33:21 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
was a busy afternoon with our school musical. Quite few of my butterflies had solos. I worked back stage and I now understand what working under the lights means....HOT! I am glad it is over and now we can finish out the last few weeks of school normal schedule.
I came home and baked brownies and made dessert for banquet tomorrow for my sons. It hardly seems possible they will be 17 in two weeks. They are really growing up.

well ladies I am pooped and I am going to enjoy a cup of tea.

Ruthie love your office...so cute.. forgot to say that earlier.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  8:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Ruthie Ann,
What a difference! Good job!!
Doesn't it make you feel better to have things all neat and clean?
My clutter bothers me but I haven't figured out a way to put it away yet.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  12:15:40 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

It has been a long day and evening. Probably because I had a hard time sleeping last night.

Ruthie Ann your office looks much improved!!! I have the same problem...I need to De-clutter too.

Shanda...loved the domestic diva comment by your step-dad. And I could picture the both of you
working away...feeling very Farmgirl Domestic. Can't wait to see some pictures!!!

Hi Terri...how was your Sunday?

Cherime...You are always one busy girl. I rarely have that for an excuse.

Teacher Tammy...wow, before you know it those two boys of yours are going to be graduating and leaving the
nest. Enjoy them while you still have them under your roof.

Off to read for awhile. I just started reading Beautiful Creatures.

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  05:51:38 AM  Show Profile
Went mud bogging with GDD riding shotgun yesterday. Went down a trail referred to as Burma Road which DOT does nothing to until spring maybe. About 10 or 15 miles of real 4X, huge puddles mud bogging. We had fun and blew a few minds with Granny doing the driving and bombing through the holes.
Ruthie, good job. My house is in dire need and I probably am not going to do it. I have other concerns as a corner of the place is sagging a bit and will have to jack up that part of the house come summer. Yuk.
T. Tammy sounds like it went well even if you lost a few pounds heat wise. :)
Peggy, there is always something to do around here.
Later all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  09:59:51 AM  Show Profile
Hellooooooo Ladies! Dusting off my apron and joining the porch again!!! And this time, as a Missus!!

Things have been so busy with work and the new branch, and of course, the wedding! A lot of things did not happen as I had imagined, and some stuff went wrong, but when the clouds broke and my brother walked me down the aisle, it was perfect!! Mishaps, crises and all, it was wonderful, and I could not be happier.

Josh and I have been in West Tawakoni, TX at Lake Tawakoni for the past week, fishing and spending time together, and today is my first day back at work. We had a lot of fun, but I'm glad to be home! Our dogs missed us, but were MUCH better taken care of than the last time someone "stayed" with them. Our friend from Josh's work actually did stay with them, fed them (spoiled them... we figured out that they have gotten back to begging... oops! They told on him! LOL). But, they still missed us.

We stopped off yesterday in West, Texas and bought kolaches, cokes and sausage. It was insane... Czech Stop is normally busy, but at 1:30 yesterday it was busier than normal. The people from West seemed to be handling things well, and were carrying on. If you've never been, and you happen to go through, stop and at least get some Kolaches... it's worth it. Neat little town.

I do not have pictures from the wedding, yet, and we only got one picture while on honeymoon... but here it is! I caught a good sized blue cat on Saturday evening, and Josh wanted to get a pic. We eneded up coming home with about 7 pounds of catfish fillets and a striped bass. I think the picture is a bit dark, and if so, I apologize

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  3:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Miranda,
Congratulations and best wishes to you both.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  3:14:36 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, sounds like a country girl honeymoon to me. Good job on the catfish.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  4:28:17 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, so happy for you! I agree with Cherime, perfect country honeymoon for sure.

Work was so much better today. The boss was gone and the staff accountant helped me. I cut my time for doing tax returns in half. Still barely know what I'm doing, but like my boss says, if I even get 60% of it right, I'm saving someone else work. And I'm cheap compared to everyone else. (At least for now). ;)

Later all. Homework is calling. (Actually a nap first).

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  4:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Peg,~~ACCCKKKK~ did you really just jinx me by mentioning Mama moving again??? hahahahaha You ARE a bad girl!
Shanda, what a comfy,homey picture you and daughter painted in my mind! I love the aproned look while doing housework.How sweet that your stepdad noticed. Probably made him think of HIS sweet Mama!Just for the record,I don't like dishwashers either. Washing dishes by hand brings women together to chat and share. I just love that!It's precious bonding-time to me!
Ruthie,I like that cute tablecloth. It sort of looks like one I use all summer on my table.
(Mrs)Miranda, *giggle* Is that wedding over already???WOW! Did that go by fast! Congradulations to you both!
YUMMMMM!!! I just love catfish! Nice catch! Hey...you got 2 nice catches lately,didn't you? *giggle*
Well,Mama is taking it very slow unpacking. I'm glad. I'm still achy from all the lifting and shoving. Tomorrow I take her cat to get his summer buzz. He loves getting rid of all that long hair. He can actually wash and feel his tongue after he's buzzed.
Hubby was home today and he mowed,weed-wacked and put up the bamboo shades on our outdoor patio. We were actually able to sit out there and enjoy the evening. It's suppose to get cool again later this week but at least we are ready for sunnier,warmer days to come.
Oh....and what did I get to do today? Walked downtown to City Hall to finish up some stuff for Mom's old apartment,then sit inside at home and change over all her magazine subscriptions by phone and e-mail. FunFunFun!!! *sigh*
Well,I'm off to read and relax.
Nite Girlies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  01:11:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening (Ok...it's really Morning, everytime I say that)...Lol

Well Welcome Back Missus Miranda...you need to go in and officially change that on your Farmgirl Name.
I agree with everyone else...your Honeymoon sounded like a Farmgirl Honeymoon to me too. Cute picture of you holding up your Second Catch!

Do you know that I have never tried Catfish before? Could be because I'm a Northerner. LOL

I like fish though!
Ok...I also don't know what Kolaches
is either????

Can't wait to see the wedding pictures.

Cherime...well aren't you just The Groovy Granny? Sounds like a lot of fun if you ask me.

Bunny...How come it is ok just to get 60% of your work right?
Do, other people check your work after you do it or what. I'm confused.
I get that you don't get paid the big bucks yet but don't people expect their taxes to be 100% right? LOL

Hope you got your Nap...cuz Homework is always going to be calling you.

Judy...well girlie I bet you are just pooped from all the moving stuff. Mama is probaby as sick of it as you are IF not more.

Sounds like you had beautiful weather like we did today...and are suppose to have for the next week.

I sat out on my Porch and read for awhile today...after all my shopping. Payday is like that...I run like crazy here and there until the money runs out.

OK...this is short...but my Bed is Screaming my name tonight.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  04:37:24 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Miranda! On your wedding. No wedding goes as planned but as long as you and your new dh and family had fun that's what counts and what you'll remember.
This past weekend we redid the hall way. New rug and wall paper. Found out a couple of things regarding papering...wait until paper is dry before trimming around trim and fixtures ....a career in interior design is not in my future. Regarding trimming carpeting ...use a lighter to melt the ends of ravellings after they are trimmed. Don't set house on fire. Lol.

My tomatoes, marigolds, zinnias, thyme and a few other things I started are coming. Crocus and oscillation (Siberian squill) h

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  04:40:10 AM  Show Profile
Scilla have blossomed.

The dog took off on me last night. Ended up at mils this am. Ds has 3td qtr awards today. Doing barn chores and other work today as well. Have a good day all.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  08:30:13 AM  Show Profile
I dunno how to change my name *sniffle* I would change it though!!

Judy, yes, I did find two good catches ;) Several, actually!!! Good family!!

Peggy, I started catfishing with my PawPaw (Daddy's father) when I was about 3. Sat on the banks of the Mississippi and caught more than he did!! My reel is shot on my fishing pole, so we're going to get me a new Zebco with part of the Cabela's gift card we got from some dear friends.

You have to be really careful with catfish... if you get them that have been at the bottom too long, they taste muddy. My brother won't eat it any more because PawPaw had a bad habit of catching the muddy ones.

And OOOOH KOLACHES ARE A WONDERFUL THING!! It's the most fantastic pastry filled with anything from fruit, to cream cheese, to meat. I think DH got the jalapeno cheese and i got the breakfast sausage. I was SO tempted to get a sweet one but I am really trying to get into better shape. We want to have kids, and i want to be healthier for their sake and mine.

OH HOW I MISSED all of you!! I read somewhere up there ^^^ about preferring hand washed dishes over a dishwasher... our house doesn't even have a dishwasher!! Don't want one either!!! DH *teehee* found the plans to our house when we moved in and there's a correction (probably by the womanof the house) that took out a dishwasher all together... I loved it. Going to have the original copy framed at some point.

I'm ready to get back to being a farmgirl and not a bride-to-be! Going to start some seedlings tonight... coffee, corn, black diamond watermelon (near and dear to my heart) and I forget what else... I know I got some herbs and other veggies though. Tomorrow, I'll get up early and go to the DPS to get my name changed with the State, and then come back and pick some mulberries. When we left, they were just little green nubby things... now they're getting ripe!!! EXCITEMENT!!!!

Well, I better go read some work related emails!!! Hope you are all soing well!!! I missed you all!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, don't worry. Everything I do is checked by the CPA. He checks everything that goes out of the office regardless of who does it. He even checks the bills that go out to customers and the invoice for spelling and wording errors. I think that is why he is willing to have me learn this way. When he finds an error, he goes over it to show me what I did wrong. The staff accountant does the same thing. But even after she checks it, it still goes to the owner to be checked again.

Miranda, to change your name you need to go to the social security office with your marriage certificate. After you get a new SSI card with your married name, you can change all the other documents and checking account.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  09:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh, no Bunny I meant the Miss Miranda to Missus. I don't think I can, though LOL

I have already started the process. In Texas, you don't have to start with SSI. I'm going to the DPS office near my house to change my driver's license, tomorrow and have already changed my bank accounts. Working on changing credit cards and other bills. I'm dreading social security, just because I know it's going to take FOR-EVER, but oh well. Maybe if I get up early enough, I'll go do SS, too.

Which reminds me.... where's my nearest office? Hmmm *heading off to Bing.com*

Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  12:26:55 PM  Show Profile
OK I had to share this real quick... while on my lunch break, I went to Starbucks to sit and write. I sat near a window, and something caught my eye, waving around. At first, I figured it was a bee, but it was too large. Suddenly, I realized it was a hummingbird! Next thing I know, it came and landed in the bush and just sat there, looking around for a few minutes.

I love being able to notice things like that... most folks were GLUED to their "devices" and looked at me like my hair was on fire when I started taking pictures of the window. [^

Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  1:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hey Missus Miranda,
I was just reading your foot note:
"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense."
I love that. I play by the rules and I wish others would too, including speed limits, being considerate of neighbors, etc.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Jess_Quinn
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jessica
Gleason TN
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  7:42:48 PM  Show Profile

The sitting area that I put together at the new house today.. just for you ladies! :)

"He makes the grass to
grow for the cattle, and herb for
the service of man, that he
may bring forth food out
of the earth" Psalms 104:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page