Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  6:17:39 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday Gals!
Peg, I like the name Romeo. What was the beef(no pun intended)about that name?I love the flower pics. We have daffodils and crocus coming up here too,but they know better than to expect too much. We will still get snow showers and freezing temps at night. We are expecting it Weds or Thurs I think. We had 70 and sun today so DH and I walked over to Moms. He stayed there while I went for a longer walk and enjoyed seeing kids,pets and families out enjoying the great weather. I saw so many windows open and curtains fluttering in the breezes. I think a lot of folk aired-out today! Good day for it. I still have my windows open at 8:30 PM. Will leave the bedroom window open tonight.Love fresh air to sleep. Will turn my nature machine on night sounds and pretend I'm in a campground.
Patsy&Jim are staying at his dads another week. They are making headway in all the tidying up there.They will be wore out by the time they go home.
Janet, I never had children either and my sis says sometimes that's a blessing,although I've worried over her 5 enough!
My parents traveled for over 13 years after retirement. It was always Daddy's dream. We traveled every summer when we were kids,mostly out west. we were raised in the cowboy generation and loved everything western. I still love my hats,boots and denim skirts.It's in my blood....deep!
They started out with an RV,then a double tip-out trailer,then a small camper behind a truck-camper. They sold their home and most of it's contents to travel like Gypsies.They'd come home to my uncles,where they had a mobile home and stay home from June till Sept.I think they belonged to the "Snowbirds"club too!
Then dementia started creaping up on my Dad.But while they traveled they enjoyed it whole-heartedly!!! Sis&I really enjoyed our postcards and letters too. I have that roving gene too and at times it pulls so strongly on me that I can hardly hold myself back from just throwing a suitcase in my car and driving.That open road just calls to me and the yearning is so strong!!!Go WEST girl...go WEST!!!
We did see all the states except CA&FL but the west was our favorite!One year Daddy thought we should see the new england states just for educational purposes but we were so dissappointed with them. We still remember how filthy Boston was.We just missed big open plains,deserts,canyons,sagebrush,cactus,sand....I tell ya, it gets under a fellers skin!LOL
Well, that's it for me today!
Have a great evening Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  6:43:12 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I do have 3 children, but only one grandson that I never see. All the ventures you had as a child!! That is what we are going to do, live in a motorhome and sell my handmade stuff at flea markets and such. We will be this generation of gypsies. LOL!!!
It rained yesterday and today, now it is snowing, and snowing very hard and windy. We are supposed to get close to a foot of snow between tonight and tomorrow. We are running out of room to put it when shovelling!!!
My son called me today and asked if I could work for him all week, he wants time to get some things done. I said I will, but if we get too much snow tomorrow, I will not be going anywhere.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  10:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Was informed today that my husband is divorcing me.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  10:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kimberly, no!
I am so sorry. You can vent to me if you want because I have been through it twice.
Will you be okay and be able to stay in your home?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  12:29:17 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...my heart is breaking with yours...for your childrens sake especially. I am with Terri,
I have been divorced twice too but married the third time for almost 30 years. I have no answers...
only prayers for God to be your Husband and the Father of your Children. Hopefully you and your husband
can work through the divorce amlicably (sp) and keep things on an even keel for the childrens sake. I
know that you do not bad mouth your husband ever...and that will be a huge blessing for your children
in the long haul. I pray you feel God's arms of Love and Compassion in a mighty mighty way right now.

Jan...gosh girl, that is just way too much cold and snow. I feel for you terribly. You will be one of those
who will really enjoy being a snowbird...I am sure of it. ~ Hope you get to work for your son this week and that you aren't snowbound.

Judy...thanks for liking my Romeo name. I think it is cute myself. Walt just wants to yank my chain
a little bit. He is a fun guy. ~ Sounds like you had lovely weather today. Nice walk and airing out of
the house...nothen better. ~ Does your hubby ever want to travel? Maybe one day you two can be snowbirds
too. I have always lived in the Northwest...and only traveled as far as Detroit and Chicago...and didn't
really care for either one of those places. I always thought I would love to visit the New England States
but don't know if I will ever get a Chance. I have been to Canada and loved the parts I have visited.
We even considered moving there at one time in our lives. ~ How is your mama doing? Any bad affects from
her fall? Well, hope you had a good weekend.

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the heads up on the Pilots Wife. Let us know about the next one. Right now I
am reading another Steampunk story called "Cinder"...kind of based off of Cinderella but Cinder is a Cyeborg. I have very wide avenues of likes in reading material...and I know a lot of people only find
a nitch or two and stick with those...but I have always liked the unique and out of the box type material
too. ~ Well, sounds like you know just how to fix our little friend Jax. LOL That picture was just so
priceless of him looking like "Who, Me? "

Today, I slept alot due to the rain and my Fibro kicking my backside. But I did get to watch my Church Service through the Live Stream on my computer and I watched The Bible tonight on the History Channel. Is
anyone else watching the five episodes? I think they are doing a pretty decent job...but diffinately taking
some Hollywood License with it. I can't wait until the New Testament Part...as I really like the looks
of the man they got to play Jesus.

Well of to read more about Cinder...sweet dreams girls.

Hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  06:29:23 AM  Show Profile
Kim, praying.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  07:24:47 AM  Show Profile
Hugs, Kim.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  08:52:14 AM  Show Profile
Kim, so sorry. Hope you can work it all out. Thankfully you have supportive parents. Keep us informed.

Not much going on. Sewed all day yesterday. Here is what I finished.

And here is the back,

Sorry but got to keep it short this morning. Time to get ready for school.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  12:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...that is between adorable and stunning!!!
Nice Job as Always!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  3:04:10 PM  Show Profile
Nice job Bunny! Well done.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  5:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Bunny that is the cutest jacket...you really did a stunning job.

Peggy I did not like the Paris Wife at all. I finished it but not good like the Avator's Wife. I am hoping to read some more tea shop mysteries and am currently reading The Circle Maker too. I am like you I read a variety.

Kim my dear one I am praying for you and your children. Please know you are loved here on the porch.

well there was no school today so I did crochet and cleaned up my little room while Jax slept. He is so happy when we are home. I of course hid the crochet basket when done.

well time to pack lunch for tomorrow
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  12:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly, How are you doing?

Bunny, Great jacket, nice work.

Tammy, I just finished a new book that is the first for the author. It is called The Orchardist.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  1:55:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm sick with grief. I don't want this. Pray for a miracle because that's what he said it would take to change his mind.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  7:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly,
I will pray for you. Sometimes men take a break and chase after something they THINK they want. When they come back they appreciate you more.
Prayers for you all,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  7:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
I'm sorry Janet, I misunderstood....wow...that's never happened before! hahahahaha I thought you said you didn't have children.
Kimberly,I'm so sorry to hear that shocking news!Praying!
We had a really hard rain last night...just when hubby got home from work...and stepped out of his car. Good thing he had his rain coat on!hahaha He said,"Man was that a cold rain" and his pant legs were all wet...BECAUSE...of course we went right back to the 30&40's Monday.Today was 40's. I took Mama to a Dr check-up. We ate lunch out and came home and was walking up the sidewalk,she in front of me,when her toe caught on the one step and (face-splat).She went straight down. I hollered,"MAMA!" She gets up and mutters,"I knew when I picked up my foot, that I didn't raise it high enough!"That's twice she's fallen at this apartment. Just skinned her knees luckily...and her ego,I'm sure!She'll be sore tomorrow!
Oh....did i mention that she's moving? Ya! I know! I said,everytime the wastebaskets get full....she moves! hahaha Actually it's a good thing.Her old apartment/duplex,only downstairs this time,is for rent. It's at the other end of my street,instead of across town.I just hope she can get out of her lease and get her deposit back. We are having the current landlady over tomorrow to talk to her. Mom's only been there 4 months.Her lease is a year. We're going to plead a health issue.That's what her new landlady told us to do. The steps really are too much for her at 85. She wheezes a lot and today the Dr had her do a chest x-ray because she heard fluid in her lungs. The x-ray showed very little fluid and I'm glad, but she needs to be on the 1st floor.So get out your boxes of greeting cards Gals,dust 'em off and dig for the one that says, "WHAT...yer moving AGAIN???...Sit still darn it!"hahahaha I'm tired just thinking of another move.I know she is too. And with her new health issues...and I'm on an inhaler...."YIKES"....We're a pair! *giggle*
Bunny,that jacket turned out absolutely gorgeous!!!!The touches of lace and that back....WOW!!!Way to go Girl!I'm thinking of starving myself just to buy that. hahaha What am I saying, after this move,I'd probably be asking you for a smaller one. hahahaha
TLTammy, so glad you got to stay home today and play. Good for you, hiding the yarn basket! hahaha
Peg, hubby likes one day trips,that's about it. He says,the way the world is,he'll probably have to work till he dies anyhow.hahaha He's such a joy! *snort*
Well, time to go read and go to bed. Nite Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  12:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Judy...are ya serious...Mama is moving again? She sounds like me....always trying to get to a place I feel like I can deal with. I think we are finally there. Anyway, DH is keeping me too busy with his health to even think about anything else. ~ I will pray that mama can get out of her lease. She doesn't need to be going up and down stairs at her age. I don't do that at my age. It's ground floor units or forget it. Well, ya both better get rested up before you have to pack those boxes again.

Kimberly...darlen, I am really praying for you. My heart is breaking for you and the children.
Come vent and get Porchie Hugs as your need to.

Terri...what did you think of the Orchardist? Is it worth putting on my list of "Must Reads."?

My husband had an awful day...let me see if it will copy on to here:
No it wouldn't post and I am too tired to repeat it all...but we found out from the Oregon Health and Science Institute today that the throat and esophogus disease my husband has will keep causing him to get pnuemonia. Oh, my gosh are you kidding me??? The man is a Health Issue Mess from the top of his head to the bottom of his toes. I have just discovered what my Marriage Vows Meant...In Sickness and In Health for Better or Worse. I Keep saying that this just another opportunity to Trust God. But then I say to God, Hey...I don't need so many opportunities...thank you!

OK...I am off to read and go fall into someone elses problems for awhile. LOL

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  01:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, sorry to hear that lady. Praying.
Judy, yikes! I have been in this place since 1983. Have not a clue what I would have to do to move.
Kim, praying.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  05:06:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies! I don't have time to sit and chat, I'm just walking by and waving. Actually I don't have time for anything lately. Spring break at work (one of our busiest times of years), the move out of the apartment has to be done by end of month, and cabin is not ready to be livable. Sometimes I feel like I'm running in circles, and getting nothing done. Oh, and Fibro is not being nice, it's just loving the stress, extra physical labor, and bad weather. I'll be glad to get to the end of this month!
I am reading your posts and praying for the needs and praising God for the good stuff.
I'll take some new pictures, if I can find my camera.
Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  3:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Kim I'm so sorry to hear about your divorce. Do believe in miracles because God can make them happen.

Lady in red..
.hoping things go better for you.

Now when I was talking about me cat being lazy about catching mice...I couldn't have been more wrong. She wasn't eating like she normally does so I put her on some cat food that she normally likes (I changed flavors not brands) and gave her some canned which she would normally wolf down and beg for more. Wge

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  3:46:42 PM  Show Profile
When she only nibbled ay the canned I knew it wasn't the food.got her into the vet Monday afternoon. They kept her overnight ran blood work and popped an xray. She had a tumor in one of her lungs and it started into her liver which was reading high levels in the blood work results. So she was put down yesterday. I didn't sleep for crap last night due to her being gone and the torrential rain and wind. When I did wake up, I found my diamond ring mangled and the diamond missing. Today hasn't been pleasant. Mother in law is making supper.I just got out of work and am feeding horses
their owner just had shoulder surgery. It's been a rough week.
Take

Edited by - queenmushroom on Mar 13 2013 3:47:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  3:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Take care all.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  4:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Lorena That is so horrid. I do know that feeling. I still miss my kitty, that I had for almost 20 years. She went the same way. That was 8 or 9 years ago and I still miss her like mad. Sorry

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  11:39:54 PM  Show Profile

I made this Choc./Strawberry Hazelnut (& a few pecans) Cheese Cake for My Sons birthday today.
Very Rich but yummy...has a secret ingredient....Nutella! Not a secret now. LOL It was good
but I sent it all home with him. DH and I are trying like crazy to quit eating desserts.
It was nice to do something "normal" today...like baking...and celebrating youngest sons day.
His future MIL took us all out to dinner at our favorite Mexican Rest. in town. I guess she
won some money at Video Lottery and decided to treat us all...which was really sweet of her.

Lorena...I am so sorry honey about your cat and your diamond. My goodness, how horrible. It just
seems like it doesn't rain but it pours. Did you back track in your mind and come up with where you
might have mangeled your ring? Praying for better days ahead for you. The loss of a pet is hard
enough without topping it with the loss of your diamond.

Well, my hubby has a nurse and a physical therapist coming in the morning...and I teach Bible Study
tomorrow night. So, I am going to bed (its been a big day full of fun but I'm pooped).

Sweet dreams my lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  04:23:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm pretty sure it was in my sleep. Fancy used to eat under my bed. I put her food there to keep the dog out of it. So later today or tomorrow when I get her stuff cleaned up I'll look for it.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  3:49:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shanda...waving back! Glad you could breeze by and shout out a "Howdy!"
Lorena, so sorry to hear about Fancy! BIG(((Hugs)))girl! I hate losing a pet,especially since I don't have children. Each fur-baby has a special place in our hearts,never to be filled again in the same way as a previous one!I pray God holds you close at this time!
I don't understand the ring-thing at all. Sounds like you were thrashing in your sleep and really whacked it on something. Is that finger sore? Let us know if you find it!
Peg, nice cheesecake. Good job. You got it all in there. I'm not a cheesecake fan but those strawberries and pecans got my mouth watering! *giggle*
Well, I took Mama to a regular doctor today. We don't have family doctors,so we had to start from scratch.The office is in the same plaza as the Immediate-Care we went to Tueaday,and a Grinders restaurant and a Papa Johns pizza place. There's a carpet &tile place there too, but that's the only place I've never been. hahahaha So Mama got the once-over,poked&proded treatmant.Then we went down the street to have blood drawn for tests. Trying to find out why she coughs so much. She told them that she has a leaky heart valve.I guess it's hereditary(sp). Her Dad and brother had it too.I guess with her age they are concerned about that being the cause of her cough. So Monday she has to go take a breathing test(WHAT??Scuse' please? She has no trouble doing that. It happens like clockwork. hahaha)
We did talk to her landlady about her having to move.She said that she didn't think at her age,Mama could do stairs too much longer.She said that she would talk to her DH,but they will probably let her out of her contract. ~~whew~~
We still have a long row to hoe! Not looking forward to it! Packing with my Mom will be a new experience that I'm not looking forward to. She saves everything! In 4 months she's saved as much as she got rid of before the last move!She never let me help before. But she needs the help this time.Everyone is telling her to let me help and get outside help too if she can. My sister is still in Ohio at Jim's dads,but I'm sure she's wore out all ready.If Jim could bring her here for a week I'm sure we could pack a lot of stuff!
Well, until next time,"Keep your face turned toward the Son!"
Love yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page