Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  7:38:32 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, so glad that you are adjusting to that new job. You sounded so stressed for awhile there.I was feeling it too! hahaha
What a beaautiful jacket that is going to be!You sure have a good eye and know how to embellish clothes!You are a very artsy Gal!
Tammy,uh-oh,somebody is showing their naughty side. Bad,bad puppy! *snicker*
I hope he didn't swallow any of that yarn! Yikes!
Now that Patsy is gone,we had a beautiful sunny day. It was still cold though.I took Mama to the store and we ate out. Spaghetti with meatballs, salad and garlic bread. Patsy and I had that the other day too. I'm getting my fill of garlic bread. *giggle*
hmmm...I have a scratchy throat. Time for an Alka-Seltzer-Cold-Plus-Nitetime and my warmed bed!
G'nite Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  1:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, pretty dead in here. Did everyone get a life or something?
I have been busy up here. GDD hates vegies so figured out how to make mac and cheese using cauliflower and zucchini blended nicely with a bit of milk. Threw the whole thing in the oven with grated cheese and cooked pasta. She did not guess that there was good stuff in it. How about that one?
blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  8:40:50 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I'm here. Just not much to say. Just work and school.

My kids didn't like veggies either. I would hide bell peppers in spaghetti and other veggies any way I could. My mom use to put cheese sauce on broccoli to get my sister and I to eat it.

I'm getting ready for finals. Should go pretty good. My grades are decent again. All As and Bs. Spring break I'll be working full time at the accounting office. I still don't know what the heck I'm doing, but they are hanging I. There with me. I'm doing work for two different offices and both do stuff differently. Much fun when I mess that up. Tomorrow the boss is working in the office I'm at. Fun times with that.

I hope to sew this weekend. It is getting harder and harder to get off time without being to tired to do anything but TV. Y

Hope to see you ladies here soon. I'm saddling up to rouse you all back here.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  9:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Take care Bunny. It is nice to not need to do the old grind. Money is tight but time is right!
Maybe we need to "head em up and move em out!"
Blessings

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  9:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hey Bunny,
Good luck with finals.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  11:26:46 PM  Show Profile

Here is a picture of my oldest Grand-daughter Madeline (4) at her Martial Arts Class.
She loves it more than she did the Ballet Classes. I couldn't get any pictures of
Miss Naomi this time because she is a moving target. If she even thinks you are going
to take her picture...she runs away. Unlike Miss Madeline who poses for any picture
any time. LOL Madeline is The Princess and Naomi is The Bull Dozer. I think she will
be a Tom Boy like her Grandmama was. I didn't get girlie until I was in Jr. High.

Well, I haven't been on The Porch for several days because hubby ended up back in the
Hospital. I had to call 911 Monday Night as he was having difficulty breathing. At first
they weren't sure if it was blood clots or the pnuemonia causing it. So, they tested him
and treated him for both. I brought him home this afternoon. He seems to be doing much
better tonight. Now if I can just keep him out of that Hospital it will be good. His
sister ended up in the Hospital in between both of Larry's trips. What a Marathon! Then
his brother in North Carolina who we just found out has Cancer...turns out he has a mass
the size of a fist in his lung and so far it is in one lymph node that they know of. Next
week they will go in and open him up a little and see if any other lymph nodes are affected.
If they are not then they will do surgery to remove the tumor and the one lymph node. If
it has spread through-out the Lymphatic System then they will start with Chemo and Radiation instead.

On a brighter note and answer to prayer...the Judge decided to put Daniel under house arrest
(with an ankle bracelet)and he will be out of jail on bond tomorrow..pending the trial. Praise God!
We didn't think that was going to happen...but God is good.

I am going to go teach my Bible Study Class tomorrow night, even if I have to get a babysitter
for my husband...so he behaves himself. I need some "Girlfriend Time" desperately.

Bunny...good luck with finals girl. It will be nice when you get your break from school even
though you still have to work. Nothing wrong with veggen out in front of the TV with a couple
good movies for rest and relaxation. ~ I love shredded cheese on Broccoli, yummy!

Judy...hope you don't come down with a bad cold. No fun!!!

Teacher Tammy...oh, that picture of Jax is just sooooo adorable!! How can you be mad at a face
like that? Bella and Sterling both loved to get into my yarn too. Bella was like Jax...she
would just unravel it...but Sterling would eat it. It made for some pretty colorful dog doo let
me tell ya. LOL He was also the dog that ate a couple $20.00 bills and my husbands denture. LOL

Cherime...I still haven't tried to go back on to Smashword yet...but I will. Good for you getting
the Grand daughter to eat some healthy food even if you had to disguise it. My oldest son, wife
and grand daughters eat so healthy...it puts me to shame. I am very proud of them. The girls love
lots of fruits and veggies...and they have really good appetites.

Terri...you are a woman of few words...but I am so happy you are on here.

Has anybody else been having heart failure at the Food check-out line lately besides me? The other
day I went shopping and didn't even have 1/2 basket of food and it came to $150.00 And I had
already spent another $50.00 at a different store. Yikes girls...we are going to have quit eating
and driving our cars both. It's terrible!!

OK...I am off to finish up my book...and I am going to sleep in tomorrow...I hope. If I remember to shut off my cell phone...I should be ok.

sweetest dreams my lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 07 2013 1:17:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  04:27:58 AM  Show Profile
Just popped in to say hi. Some one needs an illustrator for a children's book?? What about checking out the local college for one? They might be less expensive than a professional and always need money.
Peggy ...everyone learns differently but the only real way to learn is by jumping in and just doing. Things will get better. Just keep plugging away.

I had a funny thing happen to me last week that never happen before. My son's school had a 2 hr school delay. Because he spent the night at my mils and that she had to be to work after she dropped him off at school (she has the transportation contract for our township long story) . So I had to go get him. Like I said it was so.snowing but not bad enough to cancel school. I hadn't completely cleaned my car off because I didn't have far to go. I got about 1/4 mi. from my house when I saw this brown thing go across the hood of my car where the windshield meets the hood. I thought what the... then I saw it was a mouse. Now on soft dirt roads (we've had a very early thaw) one does not stop the.car for fear of getting stuck. The mouse stayed on my car for almost a mi before I could get him off. It was funny. Now you may think it's cruel but I can guarantee that this mouse has spent time in my house as we quite often has a few in here. So I am glad to be rid of it.
So today, hubby left for work early due to posted roads. Son spent the night at mils. In horsesitting because the owner is in for shoulder surgery so I have to feed up and clean out. Scalloped potatoes (homemade) prom chops with apples and onions and Choc cake for dessert. The rest of the day is mine but will probably do house work. Love the peace and quiet. My niece's cheering squad made it to states for grammar school cheering so I'm hoping to go to that on Saturday. Have a good day all.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  04:31:15 AM  Show Profile
I meant my comments for bunny. Only had on cup of Java when I typed this.

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  10:02:25 AM  Show Profile
Ok so I decided to mix my cake up. Yes I cheated and bought a box one. Thought I got a chocolate one. No it was butter yellow cake. Hubby is a major chocoholic. So I had one of those chocolate packs that you soften in your hand to melt and I added that plus a cup of leftover morning coffee instead of water. I tasted the batter. Went to get my beaters for my mixer and found where a mouse left a stash of dog food in my utensil drawer. My beaters weren't in that drawer but now I've got to wash all my utensils and silver ware cause he was in that too. No I don't have a mouse problem.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  11:01:36 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I was hoping that your DH was ok. Praying that this junk backs off in Juses' name and takes a permanent hike. I have to get that girl into eating reasonably. She drives me nuts with the way she treats her body. She has a real love/hate relationship with her body and food. She went from a size 20 to a 14 and tends to binge eat. And then there is the soda. Ah well. I just have to keep at it.
My Grand nieces are kind of like like that the heavier set one is the girly girl and the skinny one, different dad, is the hell bent for leather tom boy who cares one. Amazing how that works.
Food prices are out of sight and the gas, if I could make moonshine and stick that in the tank I would. It would be cheaper.
One of GDD's young guy friends was supposed to bring a load of fire wood. It was supposed to be cured. Yeah, right. The garbage cured all of a half hour. What it took him to cut down the tree and split the junk before he brought it over here. Well that told me a lot about that kid. Told GDD not to waste her time on that one. He is either a liar or dumber than a box of rocks. Since he was born up here the former is the case. I was going to buy more wood from him but told GDD to send a text message to him telling him no thanks. I hate it when you cannot get the wood to burn because it is green as grass.
Lorena. Don't you just love mice? Rotten little critters get into everything. At least my two cats keep the critters down around here. I came home from work one day and the gray and white one K'ao, Gaelic for smoke, was waiting at the door with a nice dead mouse offering for me.
Bunny I have seen children's books on Smashwords did not look at them but it might be interesting to see what others are doing.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  12:01:41 PM  Show Profile
I have an old cat who was such an excellent hunter in her youth that she brought me a rabbit that she decapitated as a morning gift that I found next to my bed. She does hunt a little but not like she used to obviously. Don't dare get kittens yet. Will probably have to wait until she dies before I dare to. She doesn't adapt well to change. Very much a calico 'tude!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  12:23:43 AM  Show Profile

Signs of Spring around here!

It is so nice to see things coming back to life! Today was an absolutely gorgeous day!
When I walked Snickers late in the morning...I had to take my jean jacket off as I got
too warm. Now isn't that a nice change!? (+: It was just such a Perfect Day. We are
suppose to get up to 70 on Saturday. Yahoo! Woot!! Woot!!! Makes me want to plant my
little postage stamp garden and some flowers on my Porch. I am so ready for Lovely Warm
Weather.

My husband had a pretty good day today. Still very sore ribs...but he is doing his therapy
without me having to nag or anything. He still gets winded walking but he will build that
back up. He is determined to make some health changes.

I went to Bible Study tonight and it was so good to be back! I love my Ladies and love being
in the Word together. The fellowship was sweet and it is good to have sisters to laugh and pray
with.

My little in-vetro grandson is starting to do cartwheels in mommies tummy. Sadie looks so beautiful
in her pregnancy. She is a little tiny slip of a thing anyway and normally very pretty and perky...
but she is wearing that grandson of mine beautifully. I just found a used basinett for our apartment
so that he will have a place to sleep at Grandmama's. I have to re-arrange somethings in my bedroom
to make room for it but will gladly give up the space for my little peanut.

Well that about does it for my day. Was very quiet on here today. I don't have much to add to the
Cat/Kitten conversation because I don't own any. Iam a 100% dog person...which is good because Iam
allergic to cats. LOL

Good Night Sweet Friends,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  04:49:39 AM  Show Profile
Glad you had a good day Peggy!
One mouse caught via trap last night. Lazy prissy of a cat I have.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  08:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, we still have snow but it is melting fast. Snoopy dance on that one. Glad to hear that you DH is doing better.
Here it is a cat and dog household. There are times when the cats who were here first take umbrage with the dogs existence. kind of odd as the dog liked cats before we got him now he gives them a wide berth.
The dog's problem is he is chews hound, the brat.
Lorena, I know about the territorial cat problem, I have two of them that way.
Have a great day all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  08:23:32 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, what a pretty picture. Not much of that hear yet. Bit I do see the sun more and more. We will be complaining about the heat before long.
Glad to hear DH is getting better. I'm sure that makes it easier on you.

My kitties play with the little mice and always ate the big ones. Always nice to wake up to a half eaten rodent thing on the floor of my bedroom.

I have had both dogs and cats. I love cats for their independence and ease of care. Dogs just tug at your heart strings. There is so much said just looking in their eyes. Miss my Scooby and Dice.

Work is getting a little better. Some of it is starting to make a little sense. But only because I do it wrong or forget to do something and someone finally spends the time to show me properly. I did get a high 5 from the boss yesterday. There is hope.

Well, must get ready for work. Full day today.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  1:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn,
What beautiful flowers. What are the ones in the top picture?
Terri
Raining in CA
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  2:20:26 PM  Show Profile
Terri...those are blue and yellow crocus. Both are paler than the average crocus and
I am not sure why. But they look pretty together.

These are flowers from my Neighborhood. I live in an Apt. so I only have plants in my
house and on my Porch. So, when I walk my dog I take pictures of their flowers all over
the neighborhood. They either think I am eccentric, a nut-job, or that I'm casing their property to
come back and rip them off LOL None of the above...I just love flowers and they are my favorite
subject matter to photograph. I noticed yesterday that my potted bleeding heart has come back
up and is probably a foot and a half high already. SPRING IS IN THE AIR!!!

When I was up in Seattle two weeks ago...my son has a huge Camilia (Tree) Bush in his back yard and it
was already blooming. So, pretty. They are a couple of weeks ahead of us in the growing season.
Being right on the Puget Sound must have something to do with it.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 08 2013 2:24:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  3:05:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peg!
Love the flowers! We're till wearing snow suits & buried in snow. Maybe in a couple of months but can have major snow storm in May too. I'll just dream for now! Enjoy the great weather & glad things are looking up for you!
Hugs Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  6:46:05 PM  Show Profile
We still have 3 feet of snow on the ground, it will be a long time before we see anything pop up out of the ground!!!! It was -4 degrees last night!!!!! Still winter here, supposed to have more snow Saturday and Sunday!!!! This very well may be our last winter here, if we can find a motorhome this summer, hubby is retiring in December, and we are outta here!!!!!
Peggy, such beautiful pictures. Glad your hubby is getting better. Now he just has to learn to behave. How exciting getting ready for baby!!! I never had the experience of a prgnancy or grandchild, I only have one, and he is in Texas. He is now 19 and I have not seen him since he was 8!!!! Only saw him 4 times!!! How sad.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  7:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Janet,
Where are you thinking of going when DH retires?
Terri
CA
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  8:06:10 PM  Show Profile
We are going to just travel all over the country and hopefully see all 50 states. We definitely will be in warmer climates in the winter, probably come back here and camp in the summers, maybe.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  8:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
There is a group of people who live in Canada most of the year but come to Hemet, CA, in the winter. They are referred to as "Snowbirds".
I think that would be fun to have two places and just move if the weather gets too hot or too cold.
Terri
It's still raining in CA
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  8:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Janet, Terri, we have snow birds up here. The minute the snow level reaches 4000 on the mountains they are gone.
Janet. Sorry to hear that, it is melting up here.
Night all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2013 :  01:08:00 AM  Show Profile
To all My Kitty Mama's on The Porch....I would not like those kinds of surprise pkg's left at
my feet by my Cat. Those kind of love offerings...as well as fur balls just don't do it for me. LOL

Judy...My Country Treasure...I just got done typing you an email. I still have my feather's a bit
ruffled from Walt laughing at my name for Sassy's calf..."Romeo" is a perfect name! *nose up in the air*
LOL I just love you and Walt so much...I could never get upset with either of you...because you make me
laugh so much. You are both such Sweethearts!

Terri and Cherime...I think every Nothern State and adjoining Countries...have Snow Birds that love to go
South for warmer weather. I wish I could afford to do that...it would help my Fibro considerably. Like to
day for example...it was sunny and pretty out but my body started getting racked in pain from the storm coming off the coast...that isn't due in here until Sunday. That just doesn't seem right that it would affect me two days in advance. I also had to sleep alot today due to the Chronic Fatigue.

Janet...I was on "what are you working on today" and saw those beautiful Sherbert colored baby caps you made and put on your Esty Shop. They were stunning colors! I may have to buy a blue one from you for my
little guy. Right now I am broke from spending so much money at the Hospital. Just eating lunch, and getting
coffee adds up after 7 days of it. Anyway, you do lovely work sister!

OK girlies...I am off to read for a little while. Big Hugs and Pleasant Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  5:52:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies,
It is snowing here in my neck of the woods. Very windy too. So did not venture out to church. Instead made banana cake and drank tea. Even managed an afternoon nap. Still waiting to hear if we have school tomorrow. Hubby and sons do not. My school has not made that decision as of yet.

I finished the Aviator's Wife and Peggy it was good. I am now starting the Paris Wife. I also made it to hobby lobby this weekend to get a new crochet book, yarn, and basket to start fresh. I have hidden basket in closet so little Jax can not make it his basket of toys.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. yall keep warm.
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page