Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  06:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Great news Peggy! Take care of yourself as well.
Jan, hope you are able to get out with your sister and back with no problems.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  07:49:09 AM  Show Profile
We did not go for breakfast, it is now really windy and the roads are bad, so stuck indoors again!!!!! March is tomorrow, maybe there is hope yet!! LOL!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  08:05:52 AM  Show Profile
Peggy glad your hubby is home.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  08:28:38 AM  Show Profile
Peggy glad your hubby is home and you are feeling better.

Netty, sorry you have to deal with depression. It's an ugly thing. Praying the Lord's comfort for you.

Cherime, writing must be in the air. I've started a children's series. My Mom is looking into a Canadian publisher. Hold your breath maybe I'll be published yet!!!! The problem is I'm not an artist as in NOT an artist and I know what I want the pictures to look like. Might have to contact my cousin, who is an artist....... We'll see. I'd love to read your books but I have NO clue what you are talking about when you mention where they are.

Okay all you Porchie Prayer Warriors. I'm back again. My husband moves out Sunday. I've taken the kids to a Christian Psychologist to help them through this. I've also been to see our pastor and he's going to spend some time with them. And I've contacted three couples in the church who I respect and asked them to pray about being more involved in my kids lives. Give them some direction, support, love. So far everyone I've spoken with has been very supportive. We're hurting but we're moving on one step at a time. Lord willing, we will reconcile and be the marriage and family God would have us be.

Hugs to all

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  08:44:26 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm glad DH is back home and on the mend. I hope this was a lesson to him about avoiding the doctor when he gets hurt. It could have been much worse. At least the fibro waited to show up.

Kimberly, I have the same problem with my children's stories. I have a bunch written down but no artist ability. Just a note, the artist gets most of the money. That's one of the reasons I have dragged my feet. I have a friend that is an incredible artist. But I would probably get pennies compared to what she would get. Children's books are as much if not more about the illustrations.

I'll pray for your family. Hope it all works out. At least you have your parents and church support to help you and the kids.

Off to work again today. I don't have to be there until 2pm but will probably work until 7 or 8 pm. Tomorrow will be a full day. I'm just seeing money towards my transmission.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  11:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Hope everybody is having a great Thursday!
Peg, so glad you got that man home and you can settle back into your routine. It's amazing how we hate to have our routines changed isn't it? I'm that way too.When Patsy is here visiting and things are moved around....as soon as they are gone.....I put it all back where it was! hahahaha I know....I'm a bad sissy! hahaha
Patsy and Jim made it here to Jim's dads ok. They said the weather was just perfect for travel. Actually Patsy said the sun beating in the windows was a little too hot. hahaha And we were worried about snow,especially when they crossed the mountains. God IS good to us isn't He!! The funeral went well and Jim's dad did ok. Now he needs help cleaning out Jenny's closets and Patsy said they'd stay an extra week and help him if he wanted them too. He said that would really help. That has to be a very hard part when someone dies. To me it seems so anyhow.
They are at Moms right now. Jim brought Patsy up to stay the rest of the week with me and he is going back down to his dads to help him and just be with him. We need our French-Hugs & special Sissy-Time too! I thought about going over to Moms too, but decided to let them have some Mama-Time by themselves! *giggle*
We have snow today/35/gray&dark, but it's not accumulating at all, so that's good. Jim won't have to deal with bad roads going back to his dads.I think it's suppose to snow like that the rest of the week. We'll see.
Well, they should be coming here soon.
I may not be back on until Patsy leaves....soaking up that Sissy-Time don't ya know! *giggle*
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  11:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kimberly,
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have been there a couple of times. Separation and divorce is so hard. I will be praying for you and the kids.
Yesterday my neighbor decided to build a fence and didn't check where the water line was so guess what happened? Old Faithful erupted in his yard at 5 pm last night. Our water in the mobile home park was shut off until 10:30 pm. Oh darn, couldn't finish up those dishes.
Things are better today but my neighbor has three large mounds of dirt in his yard and two very expensive plumbers.
Thank God it didn't affect me at all. The water took a hard left and went right out into the street. Yay. Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  6:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Netty, when I am typing the story into the computer, the characters are taking and I can see that they are doing in my head.

Kim praying for you.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  7:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hey Cherime,
Aren't you in the same town as the Palin family?
Did you say you lived on a farm?

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  8:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Terri in the same town. I only have an acre here and a bit more that half is almost straight up and down. I have grown a few things over the years but not enough room to do much. I might have enough time for a small container garden this year. But i have a whole lot of things to do to the house. It is a cabin in the woods.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  12:40:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Janet...thanks for the warm welcome home.
Boy, could I use some Porch Time (no husbands allowed and no nurses either).
Sorry, that you didn't get to have breakfast with your sister again.
The weather really knows how to mess with our fun doesn't it?

Cherime...I went on Smashbook and signed up to become a member...and they said they would contact me by email and I would have to respond to get the membership activated and I have never heard from them. Frustrating!

Netty...so sorry that the depression is raising it's ugly head.
I get that about once a month and can't stand myself...when it happens.

Lorena...yes, I am happy DH is home now too. He has improved twice as fast being at home.
I really think healing where you are comfortable, familiar and having your loved ones around really helps.

Kimberly...I am exhausted still but am thankful that I don't have to rush back and forth to the hospital.
I will be praying for your family...especially the children. I have been divorced twice and it was always the children that suffered the worst.

Bunny...I think DH is finally realizing how risky his stubborn bout proved to be. I hope it is a lesson well learned and won't repeat itself.
Are you happy with your new job?

I'm with you on the children's books and needing a good illustrator. I too have a friend who is a fabulous artist...but she would make more money than I would. And yet...I see that the books I am most drawn to myself (for children)
have Awesome Illustrations. It is a catch 22 that's is for sure.

Judy...how fun that you and Patsy get some sissy time together. I wish my sister was here to spend time with. One of the great discoveries while going to Seattle to spend time with the Grand-daughters was that Naomi...the youngest acts so much like my sister did at the same age.
It was really neat to see...made me feel like my sister was still around in miniature form. LOL

Terri...sounds like the Neighbor didn't have a good couple of days with his fence building. I almost was in the same situation a couple of different times over the years.
Once putting in a Rock Garden and once putting up some fencing in front of my patio.
It pays to "Call - before you Dig" that is for sure.

I am still very exhausted and on "People Overload"...but hopefully things will settle down here in a few more days.

March 1st is our Oldest Son's birthday today. They one in jail in Spokane. What a way to spend a birthday. Keep praying for them ladies...it is still a mess and a half.
Then my biological oldest Son has his birthday tomorrow and my youngest son's is on the 13th.
Busy month in our Family.

I must get to bed.
Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  09:53:44 AM  Show Profile
Where is everyone! Posse is here to roust you all back.

Job is going good. Training is terrible and I'm realizing it is not a place I want to work full time. But they are being very patient with me. It is pretty much a learn on your own. When I have done something wrong enough times they finally come and show me how they want it done. I guess I'm suppose to be psychic or something. Every job is timed so they can bill the customer accordingly. They are of course adjusting it because I'm training. But it is very stressful for me to work like that. Everyone is required to work 6 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day during tax season. I don't think that is the kind of job I want. It hopefully when tax season is over, I can move on to learning something more in line with payroll or basic bookkeeping.

I got all my homework done yesterday, so I get to play in my sewing room. Hope everyone is doing well.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  09:55:43 AM  Show Profile
BTW, I'm not working those hours. Only the regular staff. I'm there 3 days a week 8 hours a day. Still a lot but I do have school to fit in.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  10:19:53 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Bunny, sounds stressful.
Hang in there because this may be just training for a better job down the road.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  12:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, my SIL who does computer trouble shooting was working last Sunday as one of the accounting firms he works for had computer problems HAD to have all fixed by Monday. Tax time is a real killer for accountants.
Hoping everyone out there is doing well. Blessings to all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  1:31:10 PM  Show Profile
I jumped on last night and saw that no Porchies were on the Porch...but since I am still very tired I just went to bed myself. Bad Porchie...Bad!!!
DH and I wanted to go to Church this morning...but I woke with Fibro Flare (suppose to rain all week)
and he just now got up out of his chair. He has to sleep in his recliner until those ribs heal.

Bunny...you need to find a basic bookkeeping job for a company. One of the Christian Book Stores that I managed.. I did the basic daily bookkeeping and then we used an Accountant once a year. I hate numbers
and math with a passion but I enjoyed keeping the dailies....and it helped me know where my Store stood
in sales etc. Accounting is STRESSFUL and I can't begin to believe that you need that kind of stress with
your Fibro. That is not a good combination girlfriend. My husband was looking into accounting jobs for
tax season this year as he is a bookkeeper also...but he said just trying to wade through this years tax
prep book was enough to know he didn't want the stress of that either.

Our Daughter-In-Love was released from jail on a $25,000 Bond. That is a huge answer to prayer. So, she and the granddaughter (her daughter) are back together again. Praise God for that. She had to turn over her passport and agree not to leave Eastern Washington. Daniel they will not release as they feel he is a flight risk. (Which is not true but whatever!) He has an arreignment tomorrow in Spokane. My oldest Step-daughter will be there for it but obviously Larry can't be there...which in a way is a good thing. He would
probably request that the judge incarcerate him instead of his son. I know how he feels...as I was there once with a guy who worked for me. I figured that I had lead a good life in my 40's and I would appeal to the judge to release Michael into my husbands cutodity and then I would serve his time (this kid was like a
Spiritual Son to me)...but God would not let me do it...as I still had my youngest son at home and he was
in Jr. High. Anyway...it was an emotional, spiritual and physical battle for me to sit in that court room and keep my mouth shut...so, just think how much harder it would be for my husband with his own son.

Cherime...I checked my spam and Smashword Message was not in there. I guess I will just try to resign up.

Bunny...I hope you have fun in your craft room today. When is your mom planning to move out and in with her
friend? That whole thing is so strange. And by the way Bunny thanks for sending out the Porch Posse.

OK...I will check back in later tonight girls.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  5:16:40 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies,
I thought I would pop in and say hello. It has been a dreary weekend here so I have been curled up with a good book and pot of tea. Just completed Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. Excellent book. Finishe Tea Shop Mystery #3 by Laura Childs and wish my library had all 14 of them. Just began The Aviator's Wife this afternoon.

Bunny I hope you had a relaxing day with your crafts. Will be praying about your job. Sounds very busy. I do hope you get times to rest and not overdo with your fibro.

Peggy Did you get caught up on your rest. So glade to hear that your daughter in law is out. Will keep praying for your family. Can't imagine goiong through that.

well I am going to finish getting ready for the week ahead.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  6:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Well, My Sis left this afternoon.Jim came up from his dads to get her and we had a nice big pot of beef stew and some garlic bread. Man was that good!! I hated to see her go.Had a good cry! At times like these I wish I had more siblings,just so I wouldn't be so attached to the one and my heart wouldn't break every time we part!Hubby held me and let me cry! *sigh* At least he gets us! We are Sissy's attached at the heart! It is what it is!
We had Mama here for dinner too,so it was a nice family gathering.
We are having snow today....alllll day. Not much accumulation but lots of flurries.28 at 9:30Pm.
Well, have a peaceful evening girls! I'm tired and heart-weary. Probably go to bed early!
Nite!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  8:38:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Glad to see my posse threat worked for a few of you at least. I had a nice day in my sewing room. I did sell a baby quilt and some fabric on my etsy sites. So had to get those ready for the mail tomorrow. I finished up my scrappy tattered skirt. Turns out it will fit a size 6. I think I'm going to have to do some better measuring next time. But I'm sure there is a size 6 out there in Etsy land that will love this skirt. I'm working on a new project reworking a jacket. It is also a small. I see most of the cool clothes that sell on Etsy are small sizes.
Here is what I have worked out so far. Nothing is sewn down yet. I'm still working on what I'm going to do. I have some pretty lace to go around the sleeves and I'm thinking about making a skirting around the back with some pretty batiks I got today all in browns, tans and greens.

The color is pretty washed out in this picture. It is a darker green. Anyway, it was fun. I probably won't be able to get back to it for a while.

Peggy, good news about your DIL. Hope everything else works out. Praying for them.

Judy, sorry your sister leaving made you so sad. I understand though. I cry a big one when my son leaves at Thanksgiving. I miss my kids terribly. At least your mom is close by.

Well, off for a little Netflix and then bed. Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  8:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Peggy Ann,
So glad to hear about your DIL. I hope and pray things will keep going in a positive direction.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  12:46:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Teacher Tammy...I was wondering if the Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker was any good or not. I will have to put it on my reading list.
Those Tea Shop Mysteries...are right up your alley aren't they?
Also, let us know what you think about the Aviator's Wife when you get done with it.
It was another one I was curious about.

I am doing much better on my rest, thanks for asking. It was really just today...that I felt like I just might make it....getting back to normal and all that.

Judy...Oh, I am so sorry that your sissy had to leave and make you cry...but I really do get it. Close Sister Relationships are Priceless.
Sounds like you had a nice family supper before she went back home though. And how sweet that your DH was there to give you the comfort you needed.

Patsy...once you get back on here...I need your gaming address again. I upgraded My Draw Something and I lost everything when I did. I had 1100 coins and one friend of mine and I had solved 650 games with no misses (I was pretty darn proud of that)...and then I lost all the email addresses for my gamer friends. Grrrr! I have emailed the company 4 times and they just seem to be ignoring me.

Bunny...love your your jacket...that will look great with the lace around it. It just really fancies it up.
Congats on your Etsy Sales.

I forgot to ask you...were you raised in The Dalles? If not...what made your mom move there? It just seems like a place that one either grows up there or not....because it isn't really a place the average person would want to move to. Unless, like you...it was a place where you had to go...to make some life changes. But even you, have mentioned that you don't want to stay there in the future.
So, just curious about how your mama ended up there.

Terri and everyone else...thanks for your prayers for my Step-son and his wife. They need continued prayers as this is so huge that only God can correct it.

OK...off to read a bit more before sleepie time.

Sweet Dreams My Porchies....
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  08:18:54 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, my stepdad is from here. When they got married back in 1976 they moved back. Not sure why. But I think it was to take care of his parents. It is a place to leave. My sister and her 3 kids all couldn't wait to get out of here. It just seems like such a dead town. If you go 30 minutes west to Hood River it is a world of difference.

Glad you are back to the living. It does take a while. I have been doing pretty good. Thankfully this job has me on my rear end most of the time. So other than taxing my brain, I'm ok.

Funny thing, I never got called for an interview for the bookstore job. I have learned the hiring HR guy isn't very nice. He probably had someone in mind and just went through the motions.

Time for school. Later all.

Thanks for the likes on the jacket. Still lots to do.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  10:03:23 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, love the jacket.
Peggy, I loved the deer story BTW, and still praying.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  4:34:59 PM  Show Profile
Well I have a funny for yall. See below.

Lovable dog Jax!

Lovable Jax being orny while Mama is away. I really wanted to be mad at him, but he was practically laughing when I looked down at him to scold him.

Need I say more? So much for crocheting that scraf! I tell you what he doesn't think of next.
just had to share
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  7:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
If he wasn't so cute you would probably have thrown him out.
Terri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page