True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  2:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Blessed Sunday Gals!
Kim, looks like you had a great Birthday and the kids did too. Loved the cake with cute candles. Where did you find them?
Well, I've had a taxing week with my Beetle. Last week I took it in because the "Check Engine' light was on.They hooked it up to the computer and 3 things lit up. I got new plugs and wires because they were old,probably the originals(1999).The starter coil was the second thing that was corroded and cracked.But the third thing looked fine. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. So they reset all the codes and off I went. Well this week the light came on again. So off I go again to the garage. They did the diagnostic check and that pesky warning light came on again for the "mystery" 3rd part that looked ok Last week. Upon further checking the part that had previously looked fine, had a hairline crack in it. It was a secondary air intake hose. They replaced it(no charge this time)and off I went....with a lot more ~zoom~ upon take-off too,I might add!*giggle* The very next day, my trunk gave me fits until about the 6th try. Then it closed. BUT next morning when I was going to Mom'sso we could go to our craft store to browse...the trunk wouldn't close...at all. I picked her up and said,"change of plans....we're going to the garage." So Mama and me putted off to the garage with the back hatch rattling every time we hit a bump. Bless her heart, she sat through the whole thing with me and didn't complain once. Later when I mentioned it, she said,"I wasn't bored." That's my Mama! They have free hot beverages and home baked cookies. I walked her around and showed her some old pics on the hallway walls of Canton from 1918. We giggled about the ladies long skirts and the bicycle delivery boys and the streetcars. Amazing photos! Then we sat and watched The Weather Channel until some show came on that showed peoples home movies of fires, collapsing bridges and tornadoes. She wouldn't look at the screen at all. Now I know where I get it from...my total dislike of terror and loss....from my Mama!
So after an hour of repairs, we were off again. We went to eat first since neither of us had eaten breakfast.Then we went to the craft store,then home. We were both wore out from stress and the bone chilling wind. I came home and wrapped up in every piece of warm clothing I could find and made myself a hot cup of apricot tea laced with peach schnapps....and was in bed by 9:30.Mom said she wasn't chilling but was tired and went to bed early too. And "NO" I haven't started the car since.Haven't even peeked in the garage...Afraid too...outta money now! hahahahahaha
Well, make it a good Sunday Gals!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 20 2013 7:08:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  3:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherime, good for you helping GDD with her mental health issues. Sounds like she is doing pretty good with you on her side. I wonder if the medications were not necessary (or the right ones)in the first place.

I hope she gets the job. It will do wonders for her self-esteem.

Judy, I think we all wish we had a momma like you. I know I do.

Not much going on.
The weather is dreary but no that bad.
I have Monday off so I have an extra day to get homework done.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  3:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bunny, I have a feeling that the medications were not necessary. She started having problems when the adoptive parents no longer allowed her to see her blood Grandmother. She got so upset when she was pulled away from her and told she could no longer see her, that Ashley began acting out. The meds were apparently to keep her calm and manageable. That is enough to make a sane person go off the deep end. Each day gets a bit better.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  5:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello porchies,
How is everyone? I thought I would leave yall a pot of tea. It is called Sallie's Garden. It is a black tea and green tea with roses and strawberries. I wasn't sure I would like it since I don't do green tea...but I was delightfully surprised so I will order more than a sample next time.

Kim so glad you had a great birthday

Judy what a day you had yesterday

Bunny so glad to see you how is school going

Angela wonderful to see you I am praying for you

Peggy I have devoured the first three books in the Lady Emily series and am getting into four. I had a wrestling tournament to watch yesterday for my sons and graded papers and read all of book number 3. It is a delightful series. Glad you had a nice day out with your sons.

I just wanted to hop on and say hello and let yall know you were in my thoughts today.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  6:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Porchies!

Peggy...I thought I heard the posse on my tail a few times! LOL! You know Hubby urged me to get online a few times, he even said you'd be huntin for me! I've never eaten sushi really, just the vege kind. I've gotten a few coupons give to me for some fancy sushi places in the city lately. I may have to try them.

Cherime...Thanks, we are really happy things are gettin a little easier on the financial front. Good for you standin up for her! I have a nephew who has a few problems, but his mom and I have always insisted he could do more than other people did. He now is an assistant manager at Lowe's and is datin a really great girl. He is the one most all the family said would have to live with his family all his life. He is plannin to get an apartment this year because he wants a home when he proposes to his girl! Yeah!

Shanda...Pain sucks but I think taxes suck more! I feel for you.

Bunny...My dad's the same way with the heat. Drives me crazy sometimes! Stay warm!

Kimberly...Love the cake!!! Too Cute!!!

Tammy...I love green teas! Thanks!

Judy...Don't you just love car trouble! Hope you have it whipped!

Well, yesterday started off good then went really, really bad.

I spent the mornin with Hubby, then took him to work and spent the afternoon at the bead shop with my middle DD. We came home and made jewelry until Hubby called to be picked up. On the way there I got pulled over. Somehow my tailights had went dead! Completely! No brake lights, turn signals, anything. Then to add insult to injury I get informed that my license plates are expired. I was ready to cry. The officer felt sorry for me with the girls with me and followed me home after givin me a ticket for only the plates. It was the cheaper of the 2 offenses.

I had to call my oldest DD and borrow her car to go pick up Hubby. Then on the way there I'm told that my uncle has taken a really bad turn and they are only givin him hours to live. I have no car and have to spend a small fortune fixin Hubby's truck and gettin new plates. I'm just exhausted from too much hittin me all at once.

On the up side I now have a really cute earring and necklace set made with pretty peach beads and these little tiny tamborines about the size of a nickle! They are so cute and they work! Every time I move when I'm wearin them they tinkle so pretty. I did have to repierce one of my ears which is really wierd. I haven't had to do that in about 16 years. I always keep a set of those pointed end earrings around just in case.

The tamborines are made to put a picture on them, but I think I'm gonna get my quillin set out and make some peach swirls to put on them. I think that will look really neat and give me a good excuse to do some quillin agian. I haven't done any in a long time. I need to work on makin my middle DD a quilled name plate. My youngest will be gettin the one my gma had. She's the only one in the family with the same name.

I have been workin on some new jewelry designs most of the evenin. I have some new beads and center pieces and metal pieces and they are really callin for me to work with them. I have a few really fancy designs and some that are pretty simple. I hope I can manage the fancier ones. I've barely done anything other than simple stringing of beads. I'm gonna try some finger weavin and some metal wrappin and stuff.

My Kindle is loaded down with a bunch of beadin books, so I'm gonna go do some readin and learnin before the girls go to sleep. Then it's momma's time to create!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

Edited by - natesgirl on Jan 20 2013 6:07:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6422 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6422 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  12:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherime...you will love the Rhys Bowen books too. They are really good. I have read about the first 5 or 6.
You are devouring those books. They are charming aren't they?

Good for you helping Gdd get off meds that she didn't need. I pray that she gets that job and rejoice with you that she is dating guys her own age. Sounds like it is a good thing that she is faraway from Portland and those friendships...even if she can communicate with them via email. The distance between them is a very good thing.

Judy...I am having Bug troubles too. Not the same as yours however. I am losing all my coolant. There must be a major leak somewhere. My son said that when they had it...they were told there was a crack in the drip pan...but I'm thinking it is much more serious than that. Hubby messed with it off and on all week...and it is still leaking live a river.
So...it may have to sit until we get the extra money to take it into a shop. Glad we have two cars is all I can say.
Sorry, to hear about all your frustrations with yours. I think I would be more frustrated at the mechanics than the bug. LOL And bless your Precious Mama...not being bored. Like Bunny said, "we all want a Mama like yours!"

Bunny...No fair that you get a day off school and then they give ya homework to do. Why bother having the day off.
Hope you get a couple hours to sew or something relaxing.

Teacher Tammy...well, look at you and Cherime go...on those books. You two will be caught up with me in no time.
You must try the Ryes Bowen books too. They are great.

Sallies Garden Tea sounds lovely. Which company was that from?

Hope you have a nice day off too.

Angela...I think you and Judy were competing for the Worst Day Ever Award or something. I think I much prefer my not so exciting life. LOL

Your earings sound adorable. Glad you have a hobby that you enjoy.

Praying for your financial situation and hoping you can get that truck fixed soon. Automobiles are such a pain. They can drive us bonkers in more ways than one.

Well, off to read my book. Need to finish before Tammy and Cherime tell me they are on book 7 too. Ha Ha!

Love Ya Sisters!

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  7:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like nobody knew I was not on here for awhile. I guess my posts are not that interesting and forgotten as soon as they are read. I have been busy finishing up some unfinished projects that were taking up room. I got a new camera for Christmas, so finally getting pictures taken and some items put on my Etsy shop. That is very time consuming and tires me out.
It is very cold out, -14 right now with the wind chills -28. We had rain last week, then snow, which is good, we need the ground cover to keep the pipes from freezing. Tomorrow it is supposed to be colder!!!!! We only have one more winter after this one, then we will be going where it is warmer and travel away from this weather!!!! I lived here all my life, but I hate the weather here more and more as I get older.I guess my blood is getting thinner and I am getting whimpier.
Sounds like all are doing well. Bunny is busy with homework, Kimberly had a great birthday party, Judy got her car fixed, hopefully!!! Cherime, are you done working now? Tammy, hope you are feeling better now.
Angela, Shanda, thinking of you.
They cancelled the schools in the area beause of the cold, which to me is a good thing to do. Nobody should have to go out in this kind of weather. I do feel for the mail carriers and anyone else that must be out in the cold. And the poor animals!!!!
Well, I am heading for bed. Hope you all have a wonderful warm evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6422 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6422 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  12:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not True Janet...you have been missed girlfriend!!!! With doing four Swaps at one time...I barely
have time to round up the Pose and send them out and drag you stragglers back Home! LOL

Man...I will never do this many swaps all at once again. I must have been bored or overly enthused
about The New Year and all the New Fun! Crazy Lady...that's what I am.

OK...just a quick "Hi Ya All" and Welcome Back Janet! and I am off to read.

Nightie Night Girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  06:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, yes, I would agree with you that 4 swaps at once is alot on your plate. Even though you enjoy them, it is time consuming.
All the schools in the Upper Peninsula have closed today, along with all the colleges. It is -18 degrees right now with the wind chill of -35! I am not going out there for anything, just will stick my nose out to get the mail and newspaper.I made a big batch of chili, so that is what we will be having for supper tonight to warm up the innerds.
I hope to get more things listed on Etsy today, that will be my excitement for the day.
Have a warm and safe day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  08:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, absolutely, y'all are welcomed out here! The farm down the street is for sale, so I'm sure we could work something! And in OUR area, everyone uses their guns and rifles and shotguns constantly... either for getting rid of coyotes and feral hogs, or just to say "HEY, DON, YOU AWAKE YET!?"

Drumroll, please......

I finally got started on my dress!! I cut it out Sunday, and found (for some reason) the lace that I had purchased is NOT scalloped edge, BUT that's okay. I'm going to end up using trim I'd bought for the veil that I am not actually going to make (I tried making it and felt very dumpy in this long atrocity) to edge the lace, and lace that I had bought to edge the satin hem of the skirt. So, as I was cutting the fabric, I got new ideas and got a feel for what I was working with.

We took the dogs into town and went to the park. That's when Josh got a call from his OTHER brother and we got a few things straight. Pop is doing better, he's got the flu (yay, another added thing) but they are treating him for that and he's doing better. His blood pressure had gone VERY low, and he had a fever, but it's all evening out, and so far he's doing relatively okay. The dogs had fun smelling duck poop and dragging us down the trails and Penny had fun yelling at a pug mix of some sort that was about 4 times her size. The pug just yelled back and she yelled louder. Silly dogs!

Well, we got home, I started supper, the dogs were sprawled on our couch snoring, and I got back to work, cutting out the top for the dress. I'm making it a 2 piece set instead of one solid dress because Lord knows, I do NOT fit into dresses! My girls are too big, my torso is too short, and no one knows what a waistline is any more.

Since I work in a credit union, I had yesterday off for MLK day, so I went to the WalMart in town to get thread since, for SOME reason, I had no ivory thread, and got a new marking pen, a seam ripper, and some needles. I got home and baked banana cupcakes (still trying to figure out what kind of cake/cupcakes I want to make) and did some dishes, and started sewing the dress. The underskirt is essentially finished, other than attaching to the overskirt, and then hemming/trimming it in lace. I also started on the blouse and got about halfway through it! So, I'd say I'm about 1/3 of the way through with the wedding dress, already!

Agnes (Josh's cat) came and "helped" (don't worry, everything important is bagged up and sealed; the tulle she is laying on was the old veil that I disassembled).

I also got started on decorating the comb attached to the short veil I decided to use for the ceremony. I'll switch to a crystal headband for the reception.

So, I am on track to get this stuff done!

Also... not going to get into it in much detail, but I emailed the editor of a wedding magazine that Momma bought me, and they want to see pictures "to review". EEEEEK!!

The weekend was crazy, but good, and I am so excited I got so far with my sewing!!

Hope you all had a good weekend!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miranda, that is great that you got so much done on your dress. It is amazing what we can get done when we have an extra day, heh? I am looking forward to seeing pictures when you are finished. Sounds beautiful, and I am sure it will be!!!!
Have a great day everyone, it warmed up to -2 with the wind chill at -22. Still cold, but better!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  09:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jan, the weather has been of weird. Last year at this time we had so much snow no one had anywhere to any more of it. This year we have about 4 inches on the ground. Right now the temp is 20 above. I noticed that another friend in Wisconsin has -3 today up from -8. Strange stuff.
Miranda, you GO girl!!! That is great. It is amazing what a little time can do.
On the office front, I am fully retired. Now just have to figure out how to make the money stretch for a month. The good side is that I am able to stay home and actually cook. Made a lemon meringue pie for GDD and I yesterday. Tastes yummy. Also a crock pot of lentils and spicy chicken sausage I found 1/2 off at the store. Yummy as well.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  1:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooooh lentils sound so good right now... I always forget to buy them!!

The wedding dress is so exciting, because so much of my "vision" is finally coming into fruition, and things are changing in GOOD ways on it.

I was really worried that having two layers of fabric would make it harder to sew, but so far, so good. I took my time and read the patterns, and got good QUALITY material (and then made sure I found patterns that could use the same fabric when I changed patterns) and that Kenmore of mine is just clicking along like Momma's did, back in the day. I think I will finish the veil (I'm adding crystals to the comb) and maybe work on/finish the train tonight. I hemmed most of the edges on the organdy that I bought for the train yesterday, and I'll trim it down to size (Why did I buy so much??) and same with the netting. I'm going to make it detachable so that I don't destroy it sitting, or put holes in the dress by tearing it out.

And, even found use for the leftover fabric, maybe! I'm going to try making flowers similar to the paper flowers I'm making. I saw a bouquet in a magazine made out of old silk flowers from vintage hats, and that sort of inspired me to try my hand at making textile flowers.

I think finally getting started on the dress has helped bring me at least partly out of my funk, and to make me see how close we are! Less than 3 months now!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  7:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is now -13 degrees outside. They cancelled schools again for tomorrow. I don't think I will be going out for breakfast with my sister tomorrow. Bob went out to start up the car and run it for awhile, it started right up. I have not been anywhere for a few days, so it just sat there out in the open.
I am on my way to bed to snuggle under the quilts. The furnace is running almost constantly. Yikes!!!!! It is supposed to get up to 35 degrees on Monday. It will feel like summer to us!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  05:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm alive, and putting one foot infront of the other, this darn fibro is just not playing fair! yuk!

I've finished up on the end of year stuff for the Church (one of my secertary jobs) Last Sunday I got all the tithe/contrabution statments for the year out to all the members, got the fed and state taxes done, w-2's out, I closed the books for 2012 and presented the financial report to the church for the year. woooh! I really dislike standing up infront of the church going over the books, but I feel realy good when it's done and balanced proper, and I feel really really good when we wind up in the black!

my 2nd year end stuff is almost done. You may remember that I figured out that the last secertary was taking money from the business (turned out to be about 75,000) Well, she messed the books up pretty bad trying to hide all that missing money. I've had to go back over every transacction line by line, and hunt down a years worth of receipts, and match up bank statements, so that the business can get the taxes right and boy is that a job! I am about cross eyed! The boss said he could get an exstention on the taxes, but it looks like I'm going to get it done by the deadline.

Miranda, can't wait to see the finished dress! And your cat found a lovely spot to rest from all its catness ways!
Janet I hope you stay warm, my goodness!
Cherime the pie sounds good, my son loves lemon!
Peggy take it easy lady! You are a swap queen! I am enjoying the pillow swap, all hand stitched!
Prayers for everyone's health, family health and cars!

Blessings, time to go to work.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  07:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Porchies! I have been lurking everyday..I can appreciate all of you and the fibro issues. That a bunch of health issues and arthur's itis have kept me from doing much writing. Health issues are taken care of now..I'm a "free bird"! Another big thing that has happened..DH and I are now guardians to one of our 16 yr. old grand daughters. She was in recovery for 3 months..sad..and we went to see her about 2 hrs. away Tues. nites and Sunday afternoons. She was released to us. So now we take her 60 mi. rt to and from school, and 3 x wk 30 mi. to church, alanon, and youth group. She is really such a healthy girl now. Hope she chooses to stay this way.
Jan, I missed you. I actually think of you everyday. I have the temp for Iron Mountain, MI on my Droid phone. Right now it is -5. Miranda, loved your pic, and wow, girl, you are going really speedy on your dress! Sounds beautiful!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  07:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am continuing this post because I usually time out.
Cherime, Lemon Meringue? Yummmmmmm!
Peggy, burning that candle at both ends again?
Just finished my yo-yo's. Now, for the buttons!
Shanda, you must be a perfectionist! Those jobs you have would drive me wacko-er! But, I have a friend that can do what you do too..what a skill!
Well, DGD is off to school. DH is off to walk the mall. I am scrubbing floors while they are gone. Then, I'll probably crash.
I don't know what I would do without you ladies!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  07:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning, ladies!

First, update on Pop: Josh's oldest brother called last night and informed him that he's getting better pneumonia/flu-wise. He said that the doctors want to get his heart back to the way it was BEFORE all this started - 100% of his "normal" - so they are doing an angioplasty. From there, he will recoup in a rehab center, and in the meantime, they will do some tests for the cancer. If I am understanding correctly, he will still keep his oncology appointment tomorrow. Since the tests will take several weeks to be completed, this should give his heart time to recover. They are certain that if they don't repair what is going on with his heart, any treatment they'd give him for the cancer would kill him.

At least now, we have a plan. I'm just praying he makes it through everything okay!

I didn't work on the dress itself last night, but I did finish the veil. I'd bought a veil a while back, and it's just a simple comb with ivory netting over the face. I put crystals and a curl of peacock feathers on the comb to add a little sparkle, and got started on the train. It will be a pad of peacock feathers (which I added crystals to) with multi-colored peacock tulle coming down over a layer of aqua (think Tiffany blue) colored sparkle organdy. I'm in love with the veil! I will try to remember to take pictures tonight.

I'm glad it's starting to get warmer, here... all you ladies with less than a temperature are making me hurt all over! I don't tolerate cold/winter very well.

Well, ladies, I better get working on some of this paperwork. Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will talk with you later!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  08:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Janet, you have reinforced my feeling about never moving East. I don't know how anyone can live with it so cold. I always wonder what the homeless people do to survive.

Shanda, good for you getting all that work done. I'll be looking for work this summer doing similar work. I'll have all my basic accounting classes done and will just have some electives to finish off for my AA in accounting. This cold isn't doing anyone's fibro any good. I have been in pain for a week now, I over did at work and am still paying. Hang in there.

Miranda, good for you on working on your dress! Sometimes it is great to just leave the world behind and let your creativity flow. Just hope those hounds stay out of your sewing room.

Cherime, I bet you aren't retired long. I know you will find something creative to do to make some extra cash.

Sorry to not respond to everyone. I have to get ready for school. Today is my long day. 10am to 9pm.

It is cold here too. 30 degrees for the day and in the 20's at night. Cold is cold no matter what.

Stay warm everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  09:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL Bunny, it's not the dogs I worry about with the sewing room!! It's the cats!! Newcomb snuck in while I was putting stuff away and went running around on me everywhere. He can be SUCH a little punk. Agnes is so small, she'll find a place to squat and hide until I feel her big, dark eyes on me.

The only problem the dogs caused was when Tessa decided that she needed to keep my seat warm and nearly knocked all my crystals onto the floor.

Judith, I worry because I feel like maybe I'm going TOO fast, but I'm not in a hurry. I think it's a combination of easy patterns and putting my mind to it.

I'm glad to hear your granddaughter is doing well! I hope she can keep getting better, too! People always try to tell us now days that it can't be done, but I have several friends who have kicked habits of ALL sorts and STAYED out of them. Like you worded, it is her choice. With all the hard work and effort, I pray she can see that life can be joyous without all of the junk!

I'll pop in again later ;)

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6422 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6422 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  10:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning My Porchies...

I didn't get on last night because my Fibro was kicking my backside. We are suppose to get rain today and I am really feeling it in my back this time. And the fatigue is Wacko-out of control.

So Shanda, Judith and Bunny...we hang together on that girls. Keeping you all in my prayers as I know you suffer through it too.

Bunny...how do you maintain those long school hours while you are Fibro Flaring? You have more stamina than I do girl. My hats off to you!!!

Judith...you and Cherime can use each other for sounding boards on the Grand-daughter thing. I admire you both soooo much for taking on such a challenge. But those Grand-daughters will be so much better off having been under the influence of your strong love and commitment to them.

Judith...I have been praying for your health...thinking that you were just laying low because of health issues....and here you have had all this other stuff to deal with too. Not that health issues aren't reason enough, my goodness.

You are one Wonderful Person...so I know that the Good Lord will give you His strength to make it through all that you are facing. And we will help be your Cheerleaders!!! LOL

I have my yoyo's all done...just waiting to see if Denise is staying in or dropping out.

Miss Miranda...goodness girl, once you got the time and energy to sit down and work on that dress it is really turning out to be a good outlet from worrying about Josh dad (a little needed distraction at just the right time). It sounds like it is going to be Spectatcular! Can't wait to see pictures.

Your furry friends always make me laugh. I think God gave us critters to help us see the Lighter Side of Life.
They amaze me at the humor they bring into our homes and hearts and minds. They are like "Free-Entertainment"!!!

Janet...we are getting cold enough weather here and it is Nothing like what you are dealing with. I never visisted my kids in the Winter when they lived in Michigan...I always went in the summer...because living in Montana and Spokane WA for years....I had all the cold weather I ever wanted...ever again!!!

Well, I should go do my daily devotional and then get on with my day...before the Fatigue hits me.

Teacher Tammy and Cherime...more than the Molly Murphy books by Ryhs Bowen...I like better the Lady Georgiana/Her Royal Spyness Series. Be sure and add those to your reading list.

OK...Ladies...Have a Beautiful Day and Be a Blessing to Someone today.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 23 2013 10:49:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  3:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praise Report!!! Lowes called last evening and looks like after a few formalities my GDD has a job, part time to start but a job nonetheless. Having here thousands of miles from all the stuff in OR sure helps. The best part is she wants to do things differently.
Miranda, you are like the energizer bunny of wedding dress makers!
Jan, it is nice to not to have to go out when the weather is bad.
Shanda, Peg,Judith and Bunny praying for you all, miserable junk!
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  08:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha! Well, I took a little break last night. I wanted to work on the dress, but didn't get home till after 6, thanks to staying late at work and grocery shopping. Then I had supper to make and such.

But, hopefully today, no snags and I will have time and energy to work again on the train.

Peggy I do believe that animals are here as much for companionship as for anything! I woke up this morning and tried to roll out of bed, but both the big dogs came and slurped all over me and pinned me down. I woke up to find Agnes sharing Josh's pillow last night and Newcomb tries to share mine. They're all a mess!

Well, ladies, duty calls so I will check in again later

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  08:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherime, awesome news! I'm sure she is feeling pretty good right now.

Peggy, I have a few breaks and most of the day is sitting. I take Advil and just don't exert myself much. I actually do more harm working in the library for 3 hours because I do too much heavy lifting for too long. I'm afraid to tell anyone at work about the fibro. I will need a real job soon.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just jumpin on to say I've spent the last 2 days with my uncle in the hospital. His cancer finally took him tonight. He has been without a detectable blood pressure and no pulse in his hands or feet detectable since midnight last night. He was unconscience(spellin?) the whole time and just took 2 deep breathes then passed. No strugglin or pain. He had just turned 51 last week.

Please pray for his 2 children. His DD is 27 and his DS is 24. They are not handlin this very well.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 663 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page