Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  12:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh ladies, I feel like I'm on a not-so-merry-go-round. Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Just talked to Josh. His mother called and said that Pop (Ray, future FIL) was back in the hospital. He started having chest pains, they think last night, and waited to tell anyone till Joann (Josh's mother) got home from work. They have ruled out stroke or heart attack, but apparently they have found a blood clot in his lungs. This is on TOP of the cancerous mass in his sinuses (which, he still doesn't see the doctor about that till at least next thursday).

I could use some more prayers, girls I hate asking, I guess it's my own prideful-ness, or just feeling like I'm being a burden, but I'm just praying we have Pop around for at least a couple more years. I really would love for our future kids to be able to know at least one grandfather!

Thank you all so much

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  1:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aching for you Miranda. And praying. I don't want to be a burden either but what I'm discovering is that asking for prayer is not a burden. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  1:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peg and T. Tammy, naughty, bad! now you both have me hooked on Lady Emily. :)

Miranda, am so sorry to hear that. Praying and you nor anyone else is a bother for asking for prayer. We do learn from and support one another. And this porch is a blessing because no matter how far from each other we are, we are only a post away.

Blessings

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  2:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stinking internet!!!

Kim, I honestly appreciate what you say. I have such a hard time asking for help, because I feel like I am being a burden. I have to remember that this is WHY we pray, to humble ourselves and ask love, forgiveness, and for help.

Gives me things to think about when I get home in about an hour

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  2:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Cherime, that goes for you, too Some times the internet can be a bad place, but like all things, when used for good, it is indeed a blessing.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  6:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi porchies,
Hope yall had a great day. I tell you this Madame Butterfly is having a hard time with her job being I have to talk. I went to bed last night with a voice and I awoke today minus one. I was like whata is up with that. I feel fine just no voice makes for a very interesting day...

Peggy there are seven books in the Lady Emily series I have downloaded frist two on nook but library got me the 3-5 via loan cause I can't afford to pay for them right now on nook and I can continue to read and then will get 6-7 when I am close to being done with 5. I can't put them down. I copied your addy down too.

Tea Swap ladies my last name was spelled wrong..OUr head tea lady was distracted I think over allt he delightful teas she was gonna get..It should be Schroeder she just left a small letter out..hahahaha

well I am off for tea have to see which of the samples I am going to try....I bought enough tea to not run out for very long while.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  12:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello My Porchies...

Bunny...glad you popped on today. We love you, miss you and are praying for you for your schooling.

Miss Miranda...we are still praying for Josh's dad. So, sorry to hear about the tumor in his lung. Please never ever feel like asking for prayer is a burden. It is not! And prayers can comfort and change circumstances and change people. We can't but God can!
It also gives others a chance to know what we each struggle with on a day to day basis. Life is Tough but God is Faithful.
Hang in there girl...I know it is hard.

Cherime... oh, we got you hooked on Lady Emily...good! You will enjoy her.
Each book just seems to get better and better too, just a little FYI. I am reading the last one in print (I guess it is number 7)...but I certainly hope it will not be the last in the series. It is much too good.

Teacher Tammy...did those little butterflies take full advantage of your "No Voice" today? I can imagine that it is hard to keep them in line when you can't talk. LOL

Did you buy any new teas that you hadn't boughten before? I am always looking for new ones. I just tried Harney and Sons new Blueberry Green Tea. It smells heavenly in the cup...but it has that green tea bite at the end of each sip...that I don't really care for. I like green tea...but only certain brands.

Well, speaking of Lady Emily...I am off to read.

Later Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  06:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to stop these tears before they open the branch LOL Thank you all so much for your kind words. Between money, wedding planning, Josh's father being sick, and all the daily things that happen, I'm in serious need of a vacation. We don't get one till the honeymoon, though

BUT I am going to take my three day weekend and just be quiet and calm. Thought about taking the dogs down to the lake, but it will probably still be cold, and we've never taken Tessa out like that.

SPEAKING of my darling little puppy, she got out (again) yesterday morning. Apparently, when Josh went to start his car, she had wandered down to the end of the drive way to bark her little head off at the cows in the field across the street. I just got this image of my little red merle catahoula pup, sad blue eyes, and ears too big for her head, barking and yowling at the big black angus cows. Josh says he started trotting toward her to grab a hold of her before she took off and jumped Russel's fence to get at the cows, and that made it worse because the cows started running and she just went nuts, thinking she'd scared them off LOL!!! I WISH I could have seen that!!!!!

Well *sigh* They are about to unlock the doors, and a "problem child" is already outside, so I better put my game face on.

Still no word on Pop as of last night, Josh was having a hard time getting ahold of his mother and brother, but as soon as I hear anything, I will let everyone know.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  10:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news... talked to Josh about an hour ago.

Apparently, his mom forgot to call us last night and tell us that Pop was released. UGH. It was NOT in fact a blood clot in his lung, it was bronchitis. They did the tests to rule OUT a blood clot, since Pop has had a history of them. Anyway, his grandmother called and let him know what was going on, and Josh asked GG to give his mom a whooping for us, since we were both pretty frazzled last night.

Now, it's just a wait for next thursday to find out about the cancer mass in his sinuses, so keep praying for us on that!

Thank you for all your kind words and love, ladies. This is what it's all about, right!?

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  11:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mirand a prayer answered so far. Now 1st Peter 2:24 "by his stripes we WERE healed". Praying that he get a revelation of the Father's good gifts for him which includes healing.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  12:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Miranda...one answered prayer down!!!! God is good...all the time!
We will keep praying for the other appointment and problem.

You made my day ...with goodnews.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  3:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey girls,

It sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Sorry I have been gone for so long. I also am a SADD person in the winter months and I get in moods that are not very fun sometimes.

Miranda....keeping FFIL in prayers. Your kitty is so so cute. I have a big yellow and white tom that lives outside, his name is Forrest. I just love my kittie and when you stop petting him he tries to grab your hand with his paw and pull your hand back to pet him. Then one day we noticed the garage door open and my hubby said he bet it was one of the cats opening the door. Well one day I was outside and the garage door opened and here came Forrest strolling out of the shed. He would jump up and hit the button to open the door. Just amazing what animals are capeable of doing!!!!

Kim....Happy Belated Birthday girl. I am sitting on 49 and next Sept. I will be the big 50. You know, everyone has a age that they dread and mine was 25. I cried and felt so bad, the rest of the birthdays I just sit back and enjoy.

Here is a big Hello to the rest of you girls. Will talk to you all later.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

988 Posts

Angie
Avon NY
988 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  02:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miranda, so glad that you finally had news, waiting and not knowing is awful isn't it? And my goodness, you have a lot on your plate. Hang in there and don't try to tackle it all at once. I will be happy to add prayer when needed. (When is your wedding by the way?)
Nettie, do you take extra Vitamin D? I had mine checked and it was really low, SADD contributes to that. It was so gloomy yesterday, low clouds full of snow, difficult to even see the sun let alone get any sunshine! Oh well, spring always arrives (eventually)

And the Lady Emily books? Looks like i need to add those to my reading list!
So happy it's Friday. What a week! I have a new sewing project planned. I'm going to make an angel out of vintage linens for my sister who is coming to visit from the UK in March. (she just joined the farm and is Devongal) I have a pattern and some old linens that still have some nice parts in them (sort of like a cutter quilt). I laid the pattern pieces out and looks like she will have a lovely dress with hand embroidery on the bottom and if i do it just right, she will have some on her wings also. I'm looking forward to working on her.
What do you all have going this weekend?

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  12:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I might just turn my phone off this weekend.

Josh got a frantic call from his mother last night that his dad was back in the hospital, and we had to leave and come to Oklahoma now.

Basically, it boiled down to this: Dad wasn't telling Mom that he was feeling bad, or how serious. Mom wasn't asking questions. They didn't tell the doctor what was going on, so the doctor couldn't make the connections he needed to give the kids a clear answer. Chris (Josh's brother) had a sit-down with Mom & Dad and told them we need to talk to the doc. SO they do, and the doc determined that the cancer in/around dad's nose is causing whatever issues dad is having with his already weakened heart. They can not do what they need to for his heart, because the issues with the cancer would cause more problems. SO they have to wait till the pneumonia is gone, and get him to the cancer hospital on Thursday for the appointment we've been waiting for since about 2 weeks ago. Once they determine the type and severity and root of the cancer, we'll be able to do and know more.

I told Josh that if I find out he's sick and doesn't tell me, I will beat him.

At least now, we don't have to scramble to figure out what to do with the dogs, we don't have to take time off, we don't have to spend the gas money to high-tail it up there, and I don't have to womp anyone!!!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  1:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miranda, praying and thank God for his brother's intervention.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  3:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen to that, Cherime! He's getting a BIG HUG from me when I see him in April!!!

Momma actually texted me today and said that (because I haven't had time or made time to work on the dress with everything going on) that she wanted to buy me a wedding dress. I still want to at least try making the dress I bought patterns for. I made a deal... if I don't get a decent amount of work done on the dress this 3 day weekend, we will make a trip down to Austin and look at Shepler's western wear for a dress to wear. I nearly cried!!!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  5:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miranda, sorry you and Josh are on this roller coaster. Doesn't sound like a fun ride. Praying the doctors have some answers and some ideas SOON. As to your dress. No one but the bride knows the right dress and that you might not know until you have it on. My dress was not what I had planned on or dreamt of or wanted to have; but I tried it on and no other dress would have done. It was MY dress and I had to have it. So try on the dresses for the fun of trying on the dresses and if one of them is YOUR dress you'll be so happy you did. And it none of them are the one atleast you had fun trying on dresses and feeling like a bride and you can go home and make the dress you planned on all along. You have my prayers. Oh and Miranda, if all h*e* double hockey sticks breaks out over all this gun control and other nonsense can we hole up at your place? Sounds to me like Texas will be TEXAS and tell the government where to go. :)

Netty, 30 was the one for me. I was dreading it something fierce. No longer in my 20s, no longer "young" but then I got engaged and married and all the excitement made me forget the getting old thing. This was my 40th and I really don't care. Everyone has said life starts then and how wonderful their 40s were. If I had wanted to keep my age a secret I'm in serious trouble! On my birthday my children went around telling EVERYONE, "Today is my Mom's birthday and she's 40" LOL. Maybe I'm just growing up but I feel like I'm in a good place. The Lord is teaching me so much and I'm content in my refuge. I'm on a rough ride but I've got my feet in the stirrups and I'm hunkered in; gonna ride this bronc to the ground!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  9:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi strangers.

It's been about 4 months since I was last on here, or my email, or the computer period.

I am so far behind I will never catch up, so I'm just gonna jump right back in here.

We went through some really hard times and nearly lost our apartment, so 2 months of my missin period was due to no internet. But then Hubby got a great new job makin MUCH more than he was, nearly 3 times as much. Now we are square with our bills, all but 2 of them, but they are really close to caught up.

Hubby is still unhappy about one thing though. We actually had to pawn his motorcycle to get by. We will be gettin it back in a few weeks with the tax money. Then he'll feel like everything will be ok agian.

I've been pretty down since just before thanksgiving. We lost my grandma and found out that Hubby's uncle had cancer and just a few months to live. He is really fightin hard, but there just isn't much that can be done for him. We have been on bedside watch with my uncle for about a week now due to cancer. It's just been really rough lately.

I have been tryin to pull myself out of it lately. I have started a new garden journal. I've been recordin the weather and the strawberry seeds the girls planted. I even decided to try to race my dad to the first tomato of the year. I have 4 pots with seed settin an a table by my big window. Hubby said he'd build me a second 4ft x 4ft bed out front and the community garden said I could have a bigger plot. It will be 40ft x 20ft! Double my spot last year!

I'm just kinda waitin for things to thaw out so I can really get me some dirt therapy. I have a few pots of rosemary and thyme in the window, but they are in danger of disappearin altogether. I have been pretty free with the kitchen shears in the last few weeks. I love soup this time of year and fresh herbs in them just makes me smile a little.

The girls love to throw the herbs in "on the stem" and then see who gets the "stick" in their bowl. They think it's some sort of priviledge to get it, so I have to be sure to rotate who gets it if there isn't enough for both bowls! They find strange things funny.

The grandson is walkin and talkin somewhat now. He is so precious and so ornery at the same time. He has taken to yellin "Wuv U" whenever he does somethin he isn't supposed to and gets caught. That makes it awful hard to scold him when your laughin at him. I just think "A Mother's Revenge" whenever my DD calls to complain about him doin something new and frustratin!

I know I missed sendin out my tea bag swap. I'm sorry. Just as soon as I find them in this mess of a house I will get them sent out. Promise!

Well, I'm gonna go get to bed for the night.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  12:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello My Porchies...

Have to go on and take care of my three Swaps tonight...but wanted to hop on and let everyone
know that I have been reading today and I am praying for everyones heart needs.

Miss Miranda...I think it would be a great idea to turn all phones off and just you and Josh unwind from all the craziness. Smart idea!

Angela...so glad to have you back on the 'puter, and the Porch. I wondered why the Porch Pose' came back empty handed when I sent them out looking for you. Now, I know! LOL

Hi Netty, Cherime, And Angie!!!!

Kimberly...Happy Birthday Celebration today! Can't wait to hear all about it later.

OK...I'm off.
More tomorrow.
blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  07:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, remember if you need anything there is snail mail at the least. Praying for you and yours and glad to hear that the financial front is better.
Hang in there Miranda.
Bunny if you are lurking about, take it easy and God bless.
Kim, you can always come to Alaska, I can tell you that no one up here is going to give a hang about gun control. Gun control up here means teaching the kids early how to handle one so that no "accidents" happen.
God bless all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  08:02:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ladies and welcome back Angela!

I won't be on long, I've got a list a mile long to do today. And wouldn't you know that fibro has decided to hang out with me! Been fighting a headache last couple of days, and the aches have been getting worse. Sure sign of another flare up. Probably due to weather and stress. I'm secretary to two businesses and it's the end of the year, tax time push...yuk. Anyway, on with the list!
Prayers, Miranda. Hope you get some rest and time to work on your dress!
Angie, that angel sounds really cute, show us a pic when you're done if you can.
PeggyAnn good luck with your swaps, you are a wonderful hostess!

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  1:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shanda, I feel your fibro pain myself. I moved a bunch of really heavy books at the library yesterday and am paying for it big time today. Mom has decided to leave the heat at 64 degrees and refuses to turn it up. I'm struggling with mental fog doing some financial homework.
Hope you feel better soon!

Cherime, I'm still here. Hope you are working things out with the attorneys ok.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  6:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shanda, sorry you are so busy and dealing with fibro. That would be misery. Hope it settles down and leaves you alone!

Party was WONDERFUL. I have such wonderful friends. We had so much fun. The kids had a blast too. So many kids to play with. Everyone thought it was pretty cool that I had a pinata for the kids when it was my birthday!! I figured it would be good to have something fun for them too.

My cake. Notice the candles..... dynamite and a round bomb making the number 40 :) :)

Me and my cake.

Blowing out my candles.

Had a fantastic time. Visiting. Snacking. Relaxing. Feeling loved. Believe it or not folks brought gifts! I wasn't expecting any so I was very surprised. Some of the cards were a HOOT. HA!

Nighty night all

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  11:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening My Porchies....
Shanda...sorry to hear that your Fibro is bothering you. Weather and stress...the leathal combination for us Fibro sufferers.
Wow...Secretary to two Businesses...sounds like Stress right there. LOL

Angie...I thought that your Angel sounded really pretty and dainty/please post pictures when you get it made.

Bunny...Oh, I bet you are hurting today from all those heavy books. Take care of yourself this weekend...rest and relax girlfriend. Doesn't your mom know that keeping the house that cold will adversly affect your Fibro??????? She is like 9 degrees too cold for the outside temps. That is crazy!!!

Cherime...how is your first Lady Emily book coming along? I am reading her book "Death in the Floating City". It is sooooo good.

Kimberly...Looks like you had yourself a Great little Party. Love the cake...did you make it? I am so glad that your friends remembered you with gifts too.
If you have to get older...Gifts make it easier! Ha Ha!
Really, I agree with others...My forties were the best years of my life!!! But once I hit 50...it all went down Hill from there. LOL In more ways than one too.

Well, I am thankful that my Fibro has not been too bad the last couple of weeks. The really cold weather affects my arthritis but that is over all less painful than my Fibro. A guy we know at Barnes and Noble did say to me the other day...I can tell you arent feeling too good today...you're kind of moving slowly and you didn't put on your make-up. He was right...that day wasn't real good. And I never put make-up on if I am feeling physically bad...I just figure that it is a waste of good make-up...to try to fake it. LOL

Today my son & his sweetheart took me out for Sushi Lunch which is always yummy. And then I treated them to Frozen Yogurt (which was right next door to where we ate).
Then my son came in and fixed my computer. I had picked up a virus downloading a crafting project. Made me so mad! As the Craft Project was from a reputible on-line site. At least it didn't do any real major damage.

OK...hope to make it out to Church tomorrow. So, better get to bed.

Chat with you all tomorrow.

Nightie Night Girlies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  07:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peg, do you mean the first two books i devoured? Got the Kindle edition on Friday am done by Friday night. Got #2 on Sat am and am now done. Good books. She writes well does Ms. Alexander. I found another one on line that looked interesting Rhys Bowen's series on Molly Murphy.
Kim, looks like you had a really good party. Excellent!
The office stuff is an absolute bore. The new guy is doing what I suspected he might. How far he plans to take it all is anyone's guess. In any event this is no longer my fight. I will take care of forwarding mail as requested and other than that there is little I can do. I did try to warn the guys that something was not right. They should have listened.
My GDD went on a job interview at Lowes. PRAYING she gets offered a position. It would only be part time to start but it would allow her to get of SSI. Her adoptive mom got her on SSI about 3 years ago. None of them in OR think she can hold a job as she has cognitive issues. Anyone taking three kinds of medication for ADD depression and supposed bipolar could well have issues when the drugs are causing hallucinations that send them screaming from their bedroom as night because monsters are after them. She quit taking the medication about 6 months before moving up here with me due to persistent thoughts of suicide. Since stopping the stuff she no longer has those problems. She just turned 20 on Friday and we had a small party for her at Pizza Hut. The change in her is amazing and my DD and DS were amazed. She has also started dating a couple of young men of her own age. A really big change from the 40ish man she was attracted to previously. Her adoptive father did not really want her and made her life miserable. Her school counselor called her and they spoke for quite a while on Friday. She approves of the direction Ashley's live has now taken.
Ashley has girlfriends down in Portland OR who she is still in contact with and it is a crying shame. These girls are involved with grown men who beat and abuse them. Their lives are one round after another of abuse, drugs and alcohol. These are young girls one still in their teens. It is heartbreaking. At least I was able to help Ashley break the cycle. So please pray for us as her growth continues to evolve from the terrified girl that first came up here into the confident woman she was born to be.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 664 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page