True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry hon....

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, so sorry to hear that. He was so young. Will be praying.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, so sorry to hear the loss of your uncle. He was so young. I will be praying for you and his family.
It is still cold here, 6 degrees right now. We are supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. I have not been out of the house all wee, but have to tomorrow to work.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  6:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, sorry for everyone's loss. May the Lord bring His peace to all.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  6:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for peace and healing for your family Angela.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

821 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  7:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening everybody. I'm trying to keep warm. It's so cold and the wind is absolutely bitterly cold. Things have been super busy at work. They're having 3 candidates fly in next week for second interviews. Hopefully they'll decide soon so things can start to level out. Things have gotten rocky here again so I just haven't felt like visiting her on the porch. The man is in one of his moods again. Please keep me in prayer that I have strength for this and that doors or windows will start to open for me. Another issue is that there's more problems with the Jeep. Hopefully it's not a worse case scenerio.

On a positive note I made some of my Crispix mix tonight and I have a loaf of english muffin bread in the bread maker. Yummy snacks and breakfast for tomorrow in the making ;O) I also clipped all the furkids' nails tonith. My hopes of attempting to make dog boots didn't work out but hopefully tomorrow night I can get that started. Wish I had a cabin or somewhere I could escape to for the weekend with the furkids and just read and knit.

Angela - so sorry about your uncle. I hope your family finds peace that he's no longer suffering.

I hope all of you that suffer from fibro feel better soon. I pray all of you stay healthy and avoid this flu that's been going around. I think the count in MN is over 25 dead from it. Scary!!! I was at an event Tuesday afternoon and a woman was saying that it just keeps coming back. Her daughter had been hospitalized 3 times already with it. She'd get over it and then a couple weeks later have another bout of it again and get re-hospitalized.

Well I'm going to possibly grab a cup of tea and a book to read a bit before I go to bed tonight and try to relax a bit. I should probably do some yoga to release some stress. Hopefully things will improve and I'll be more in a visiting mood soon. Night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6357 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6357 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  12:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela...so sorry about your Uncle. He was way too young. I am praying for all the family but
especially his children. Even as adult children it is hard to lose one of your parents. I know
God will see you through this...but am also praying that you will all feel God's arms wrapped
around you and His peace that passes all understanding and pain.

RFMTammy...glad to have you on The Porch tonight. Wish you had some place to escape to for the weekend
too. It can help to just calm everyone down. Hopefully, you will find a quiet corner in the house
where you can go curl up with a good book and your fur babies...and make it known that you need some
"Me Time".

I am going to go read for awhile. Hoping to get out of this house for a while tomorrow. I have gone no
where since Monday...and even though I am still in pain...I am going stir crazy and need to get out.

More tomorrow girls.

Hugs,
peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  05:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, so sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle. Yes, he was so young. Prayers go out to you and his children.

RFMTammy, I'm not feeling too great this morn. It's early yet. So, as I read about windows opening and closing, my mind just pictured them opening and closing really fast with curtains flying in and out. Guess that explains how things are going in this house now. Have to chuckle at myself.

Cherime. Wow! A job at Lowes's! I'll bet that girl is walking on air right now!

Miranda, Sounds like you know what you are doing with your dress. If only I were experienced with something larger than a yo-yo.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3361 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3361 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  9:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, so sorry to hear about your uncle. Such a young man too! BIG(((Hugs)))girl!
So much cold weather out there. Seems like we are all having it now. Winter gets later and later each year, but when it hits,it hits with a vengence. We have had 0 temps at night and the other day was a high of 9. The good thing about the cold finally getting here is that the flu bugs die. But it's suppose to be back up in the 50's by Tuesday. I hope not. We really need these flu bugs to die. Flu is so bad everywhere. I took Mama out shopping yesterday and she wore her sweat pants under her skirt. At least she was warm. It takes awhile for my little Beetle-buggy to warm up.The heated seats warm up pretty quick though. When ya live in a small town where all the stores are so close together a car doesn't stay warm.
We sure had a snow today. About 4 inches since about 9 this morning.And it's still snowing.Suppose to snow all weekend.
I can't wait to see that wedding dress Miranda. I've never known anyone to make their own,so this is exciting.
I made a batch of stuffed peppers today.I love to cook when it's so cold and snowy. Makes the house all cozy and fragrant.
Well, it's late so I'd better get to bed.
Nite all!*yawn*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  6:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello my porch friends, I hope you all remember who I am, it seems like I have been off of the porch forever.

Angela....sending prayers your way for you and your family.

Miranda....can't hardly wait to see your dress. Sounds so awesome and I know since you are making it, it is awesome. I like to sew but I don't think I could tackle making a wedding dress, so proud for you that it all is coming out like what you want.

Peggy....I am so sorry that you are in such pain and the other girls also.

I've got to start working on our farm book work for taxes on Monday. Febuary 4 is the big day to get our taxes done. Oh how I pray we don't have to pay in a large amount. It's the pits when you have to spend money so you don't have to give it to Uncle Sam. It will be what it will be.

I am going to keep this short this time so I can check out the other forums.

You all take care and keep warm.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  8:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calling all you tea ladies!!! I was given a tea for my birthday and I just had some tonight. It's lovely. I thought some of you might like to know about it. TAZO Well Being Tazo Rest Herbal Infusion. A lulling blend of rose petals, valerian root and citrusy herbs. Caffeine free. Made in Portland.

I think I'll sleep well tonight!!!

Angela, praying your family's grief is being comforted.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6357 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6357 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  12:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello My Porchies...

Judith....hope you are feeling better, sweet friend. And hope your granddaughter will make you feel younger and more vibrant.

Cherime...hope that your granddaughters Part time job turns into a full time one for her.
Did you finish the entire Lady Emily Series yet? LOL

Judy...Sorry to hear that many of you girls are getting such cold snowy weather.
We are getting warmer and rainier weather. With some sun-breaks thrown in. I use those sun-breaks to get out and walk my dog. I'm not big on walking in the rain.
When I read your comments about it taking awhile for your little bug to warm-up...I thought, wow that's funny as mine warms up pretty fast. Duh!!! You have it much much colder where you are. But girlfriend don't ya just love those seat warmers!!!! I never thought I would use them...but boy was I wrong. I love them!
Stuffed peppers sound good. I can only do red or yellow as the green make me purp.

Today, I made Hungarian Goulash. It had been awhile since I made any and it just sounded good.

Netty...taxes!! Yuck!
I don't envy you that job. I hate working with numbers...so DH does all that for us.
If anything happens to him before me...I will have to get a book-keeper to do mine.

Kimberly...that tea sounds nice and relaxing. I like some of the Tazo teas...but some of them get to my allergies. I can't drink their Passion tea at all. And neither can my DH or youngest son.

Well today, was another stay at home day for me.
Which was fine because even though the pain was less the fatigue is still bad.
Don't think I will make it to Church tomorrow...though I wish I could. Will probably end up watching it on the computer or my Smart Phone.

Our next door neighbor lady moved today...into an assisted living home. She is only 63...so, I tried to talk her out of it...but I guess she fell a couple times in December. She never really hurt herself...but I guess it freaked her out. It cost her $1,7oo a month and then the state matches her 1700...so the facility she is going into charges $3,400 a month for a bedroom and around the clock help if you need it.
Crazy expensive!

Well, off to read for awhile.
Nightie Night Girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  07:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peg, at the moment I truly cannot afford to get anything more. No more money in the door until 2nd week in Feb. And that is going to be tight until my GDD gets some money to contribute to the pot. The extra electricity to heat her floor has raised the electric bill from $305 per month to $377. And then there is heating fuel. So no more books until some money comes in the door.
On another note my GDD really needs prayer for strength. Her adoptive mom is or has had some kind of mental issues and the text messages Ashley gets from her are barely comprehensible and filled with attempts at guilt trips for stuff so far in the past that one wonders if she isn't dealing with dementia. That kind of stuff badly effect my GDD and it takes her days to get over it all. She is really looking forward to getting off SSI and working for her own money. She hopes that it can work into a full time position but even 2 days a week would help right now.
All you farmgirls out there who always wanted to write a book, check out Smashwords. I have two books I wrote a couple of years ago and am readying them to go onto that ebook site.
Take care all. Blessings.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  09:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all....I'm on with more sad news.

Hubby's only uncle that he talks to and visits died this mornin. We aren't sure what happened. We are on our way to his aunt's house now.

I'm spendin all my free time in my beadwork. It keeps me relaxed and sane. I like the repeatin patterns and the simplicity. I need it! I'll be back on when things calm down a little.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  11:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela....so so sorry for your families loss. Am praying God will keep you all in his ever loving arms and guide you through all that is to come.

Went to church and really enjoyed the sermon this morning. Our church members numbers is getting smaller and smaller. Our older generation is dying and we are not getting any younger families coming in. This is so sad.

Well girls I am going to let you all go for now. Will be talking at you all later.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  11:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, so sorry for your loss. Praying.
Netty, too bad about your church. ;(

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  6:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello dear ones,
I thought I best come on here with some chocolate chip scones and some chocolate/rose tea as an offering before the porch posse was sent out. It was a very busy week. We had a major school fund raiser this past week that I was in charge of and was observed by our superintendent and so was consumed with school. ON Friday I came home and have vegged all weekend. I went to bed on Friday at 9:30 and woke on Saturday at 10. Felt good and then I got into the Lady Emily series. I have just finished book 5 tonight. Oh those books are good. Anxious to read books 6 and 7.

It has been a cold drizzly day here just the kind of day to veg with a good book. I did go to church since I m in contemporary choir and we were singing today. This next week proves to be normal so I can hopefully stop here on the porch more.

Did yall know that Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice was published 200 years ago this week. That Mr. Darcy has been breaking hearts for while since he and Elizabeth have connected....hehehehe

well time for some tea and new book not sure what yet...
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  6:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PRAY FOR MY FAMILY!!!!

On our way back from Hubby's aunts house we got a call sayin that my aunt was in the hospital and they were callin in the family. She lost her husband in october, now she's not supposed to make it through the night.

That makes 3 uncles, my grandma, and now my aunt! I don't know how much more I can handle!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  8:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm praying!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3361 Posts

Judy
USA
3361 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  9:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, that's so sad about your hubby's Uncle.....and now your Aunt.I'm so sorry!May God keep His loving arms around both of you.
Praying for the losses of all my Porch-Buds!
Peg,that's so sad what they can charge for those assisted living places.
I sure wish there was a tea for all of you fibro girls to drink that would just make it vanish. I just read in my "Womens First" magazine about a woman who found out that it was caused by food allergies.She went through the whole ordeal of finding out which foods caused it and in the process lost about 40 pounds. It sounds like a lot of work,but I wonder if it could be that simple....food allergies.
Yes, Mama and I love our Beetle-Baby's Bun-Warmers. LOL Nice toasty buns without all the crumbs! hahahahahaaha
TLTammy,I can sleep like that too....long and deep.Problem is that I'm so stiff in the morning.
I feel like I'm only about 20 more minutes away from rigamortis! hahaaha
Well,we had a gray day today,upper 30's which is more like it. But by Tuesday we are suppose to be up to 60 and rain. It's just crazy weather...all over the place. Can't stay cold or stay warm....just a meandering kind of winter.
Well,nite Gals! It's midnite here and my coach and pretty white horses just turned into a pumpkin and field mice! hahaha
Sleep well Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6357 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6357 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  12:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening Porchies...

Cherime...I get that whole, gotta wait until money comes thing, when it comes to extra's like books.
Hope GDD's Mother can get her head on straight so GDD doesn't have to worry about her.
I have always wanted to write a book...but not bad enough to quit reading long enough to actually do it. I enjoy reading so much...I guess I will leave the writing to others at this point in my life. I have written some magazine articles over the years and binders full of Poetry....and that pretty much keeps me content with the writing urges. But good for you Cherime!!!! What kind of books did you write?

Angela...I am sorry to hear about all your losses but as you and hubby get older more and more people around you will pass. To me it is the saddest part of Living...watching those we love die.
God will get you ALL through this really hard time. It is part of LIfe (not the pleasant part either). Praying for all of you!!

Netty...I have seen Churches die off with their members. It is sad to watch happen. We just found out tonight that a small Church we attended for years...just lost another of their senior members...and it was a woman who always seemed in good health. They are going through the same problem your Church is. Sad!
We now attend a Mega Church and there is comfort in numbers.

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the Chocolate chip scones or chocolate/rose tea.
Nice to have a warm up from this drizzly day.

Well, Jane Austen and Mr. Darcy have been charming hearts for 200 years huh? How cool is that?

I finished the Lady Emily 7th book a few days ago and now I am reading another Lady Georgianna/Her Royal Spyness Series. You will have to try this series too by Ryes Bowen. They are delightful.

Judy...I wish Fibro was as simple as just food allergies. One thing that does happen if you watch what you eat (and have fibro) it will get rid of your inflamation. Which is a huge help. But Fibro is also Environmental, Emotional, Hereditary and related to all the arthritises too. I was just sharing with someone today...that in the Pacific Northwest we have more Fibro Patients than anywhere else in the Country and especially around the Spokane area where I grew up. Well, the OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University Hospital) has the most leading Fibromyalgia Center than anywhere in the World. They were curious as to why so many people in this area have Fibromyalgia and when they held their first clinic in Spokane...they had more Fibro Sufferers turn out to it than anywhere else in the world. To make a long story short...they believe that when the Hanford Nuculear Plant let off small doses of radiation to test its affects on the general public back in the 60's and 70's...that it was a major contributor to why so many people came down with Fibro and cancers in this area. Especially Spokane because they were directly downwind from the Nucleur Plant. I know that it is true that those experiments happened...I just didn't know until I was in my 50's that our government did that to us.
So, it is way too simple just to say...eat healthier and your Fibro will go away. My sister was very thin (never was over weight her entire life) and she had worse Fibro symptoms than I did and worse Rhuematoid arthritis. As you know she died at 57 just last year. My mom has Fibro and she will be 80 in a couple of months. She has had fibro since I was in fourth grade....back when they didn't even call it Fibro.
There is no known cure for it...but there are things that can help. But just when you think you have it figured out...it does something completely different.
Like, most days in sunny weather...I feel better...but some days even in the sun and warmth, I can have a terrible fibro flare. When I first got it...It was only in my feet and hands. Now ...it is through-out my entire body.

Well, I am sure that is more than any of you wanted to know. LOL

I'm off to read...

blessings and prayers,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  05:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, so sorry of all the losses you have had. Prayers going out to you and your family. Hang in there, and remember, we are here for you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, it never rains but it pours! How all of your family must be hurting. To lose so many loved ones in such a short period of time. Seek God and He will comfort, He will sustain. You have my prayers.

Peggy, don't tell me stories like that!!!! I already have a deep distrust of government and large businesses and what they are doing to the public. And how most of the public follow and trust like lambs to slaughter.

Cherime, Congrats to the granddaughter. Each step taken in the right direction is a victory. I applaud her effort to improve her life and seek to do right.

Judy, I love your sense of humor and how it shines here on the Porch. You give me giggles when I need them. :) Thank you

Planning my son's 7th birthday party! Holy Cow how did you get to be that old!!!! He wants a pirate theme so I'm going to make a pirate flag cake, his pinata is a treasure chest. We bought a few eye patches and compases and I'm going to make maps and we're going on a treasure hunt. The kids play structure outside will be the pirate ship and they'll have to follow the map to find all the clues and get to the treasure. I'm planning on going to the Bible Book Store and getting things with Bible verses on them for the treasure for all the kids to take home. What greater treasure is there than the Word? Maybe I can get my hands on some Gideon Bibles too. Hmmmm, need to look into that. I'm also hoping I can find some chocolate coins for the treasure. Jackson is so excited for his party. :)

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3361 Posts

Judy
USA
3361 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  09:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, Not At All!....thank you for sharing all that with me. I am hearing more and more about horrible,sneaky things that our own Gov.is doing to it's own people...as if we are guinea pigs! Makes me so mad!(I can hear Mama saying,"Judy,only dogs get mad, people get angry!")"Yes Mama*bashfully*!" LOL NO...I'm mad and angry Mama! To think that we are no more important to them than that!
Ok...I'm off my soapbox! *giggle*
We have gray,40's. Tomorrow and Weds. is suppose to be 60's and rain. Then Thurs. what do you think?...20's,snow! hahaha Crazy!
This morning when I got up for my morning "Tinkle-Trip", I looked outside and ICE was everywhere. It melted pretty quick when the 'ole mercury started climbing!
Kimberly,Your welcome...glad I can lift your spirits...even just a little bit! *giggle*
Wel girls, the old groundhog will be making his appearance next Saturday to give us his prediction...and so will I. I will turn 58! I have truely enjoyed my 50's. They are a freeing age. Of course there are more aches and pains starting, but I just have to deal with that and do better for myself. It's funny, but as I age I have less and less taste for junk foods. Chocolate holds no appeal for me anymore,chips...not so much either,ice cream...only as a treat when I go out occasionally. My idea of junk food as I age is mac&cheese,pizza,a Micky D's black angus burger and fries,weird stuff that most people eat all the time. Like I said,my tastes have really changed.
What tastes have changed for you girls over the years? I mean, please tell me that I'm NOT the only weirdo here! I know some of you are still youngsters, but I just want to hear your changes!
Love ya Buds!
Later!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 28 2013 7:17:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  09:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just popped in for a quick hello. My internet is down at home this week, till the 1st when I can catch up the bill. So I'm sneaking peeks from work. (my boss knows, so I guess it's not really sneaking, but I try to stay focused on work more than MaryJane, or Facebook)

Lots of needs and saddness here, I am praying for everyone. Boy, we all need a personal, inner spring, don't we. Looking forward to the season, but I'm praying for a bit of sunshine and flowers for each of our hearts!

I do have good news. I have been living in an apartment in the city for about a year. While I'm happy to have a home, I miss living on the family land in the mountains. Well, I'm moving back there at the end of my lease, which is the end of march. I'll be living in a cabin built long ago for my great-grandma. It's small and just so perfect. I'll have alot of work to do getting it cleaned out and replacing some items. (there was a leak in the back of the cabin, but roof has been fixed, so just need to repair the inside.) Now I can finish building my chicken coop that I started before I moved, and work in the family's garden! I don't much like city life, so I am so Happy about moving back.

Well, I better get back to work. Love and Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 660 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page