Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  02:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Miranda, so glad that you finally had news, waiting and not knowing is awful isn't it? And my goodness, you have a lot on your plate. Hang in there and don't try to tackle it all at once. I will be happy to add prayer when needed. (When is your wedding by the way?)
Nettie, do you take extra Vitamin D? I had mine checked and it was really low, SADD contributes to that. It was so gloomy yesterday, low clouds full of snow, difficult to even see the sun let alone get any sunshine! Oh well, spring always arrives (eventually)

And the Lady Emily books? Looks like i need to add those to my reading list!
So happy it's Friday. What a week! I have a new sewing project planned. I'm going to make an angel out of vintage linens for my sister who is coming to visit from the UK in March. (she just joined the farm and is Devongal) I have a pattern and some old linens that still have some nice parts in them (sort of like a cutter quilt). I laid the pattern pieces out and looks like she will have a lovely dress with hand embroidery on the bottom and if i do it just right, she will have some on her wings also. I'm looking forward to working on her.
What do you all have going this weekend?

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  12:52:17 PM  Show Profile
I think I might just turn my phone off this weekend.

Josh got a frantic call from his mother last night that his dad was back in the hospital, and we had to leave and come to Oklahoma now.

Basically, it boiled down to this: Dad wasn't telling Mom that he was feeling bad, or how serious. Mom wasn't asking questions. They didn't tell the doctor what was going on, so the doctor couldn't make the connections he needed to give the kids a clear answer. Chris (Josh's brother) had a sit-down with Mom & Dad and told them we need to talk to the doc. SO they do, and the doc determined that the cancer in/around dad's nose is causing whatever issues dad is having with his already weakened heart. They can not do what they need to for his heart, because the issues with the cancer would cause more problems. SO they have to wait till the pneumonia is gone, and get him to the cancer hospital on Thursday for the appointment we've been waiting for since about 2 weeks ago. Once they determine the type and severity and root of the cancer, we'll be able to do and know more.

I told Josh that if I find out he's sick and doesn't tell me, I will beat him.

At least now, we don't have to scramble to figure out what to do with the dogs, we don't have to take time off, we don't have to spend the gas money to high-tail it up there, and I don't have to womp anyone!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  1:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, praying and thank God for his brother's intervention.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  3:09:27 PM  Show Profile
Amen to that, Cherime! He's getting a BIG HUG from me when I see him in April!!!

Momma actually texted me today and said that (because I haven't had time or made time to work on the dress with everything going on) that she wanted to buy me a wedding dress. I still want to at least try making the dress I bought patterns for. I made a deal... if I don't get a decent amount of work done on the dress this 3 day weekend, we will make a trip down to Austin and look at Shepler's western wear for a dress to wear. I nearly cried!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  5:28:36 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, sorry you and Josh are on this roller coaster. Doesn't sound like a fun ride. Praying the doctors have some answers and some ideas SOON. As to your dress. No one but the bride knows the right dress and that you might not know until you have it on. My dress was not what I had planned on or dreamt of or wanted to have; but I tried it on and no other dress would have done. It was MY dress and I had to have it. So try on the dresses for the fun of trying on the dresses and if one of them is YOUR dress you'll be so happy you did. And it none of them are the one atleast you had fun trying on dresses and feeling like a bride and you can go home and make the dress you planned on all along. You have my prayers. Oh and Miranda, if all h*e* double hockey sticks breaks out over all this gun control and other nonsense can we hole up at your place? Sounds to me like Texas will be TEXAS and tell the government where to go. :)

Netty, 30 was the one for me. I was dreading it something fierce. No longer in my 20s, no longer "young" but then I got engaged and married and all the excitement made me forget the getting old thing. This was my 40th and I really don't care. Everyone has said life starts then and how wonderful their 40s were. If I had wanted to keep my age a secret I'm in serious trouble! On my birthday my children went around telling EVERYONE, "Today is my Mom's birthday and she's 40" LOL. Maybe I'm just growing up but I feel like I'm in a good place. The Lord is teaching me so much and I'm content in my refuge. I'm on a rough ride but I've got my feet in the stirrups and I'm hunkered in; gonna ride this bronc to the ground!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  9:33:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi strangers.

It's been about 4 months since I was last on here, or my email, or the computer period.

I am so far behind I will never catch up, so I'm just gonna jump right back in here.

We went through some really hard times and nearly lost our apartment, so 2 months of my missin period was due to no internet. But then Hubby got a great new job makin MUCH more than he was, nearly 3 times as much. Now we are square with our bills, all but 2 of them, but they are really close to caught up.

Hubby is still unhappy about one thing though. We actually had to pawn his motorcycle to get by. We will be gettin it back in a few weeks with the tax money. Then he'll feel like everything will be ok agian.

I've been pretty down since just before thanksgiving. We lost my grandma and found out that Hubby's uncle had cancer and just a few months to live. He is really fightin hard, but there just isn't much that can be done for him. We have been on bedside watch with my uncle for about a week now due to cancer. It's just been really rough lately.

I have been tryin to pull myself out of it lately. I have started a new garden journal. I've been recordin the weather and the strawberry seeds the girls planted. I even decided to try to race my dad to the first tomato of the year. I have 4 pots with seed settin an a table by my big window. Hubby said he'd build me a second 4ft x 4ft bed out front and the community garden said I could have a bigger plot. It will be 40ft x 20ft! Double my spot last year!

I'm just kinda waitin for things to thaw out so I can really get me some dirt therapy. I have a few pots of rosemary and thyme in the window, but they are in danger of disappearin altogether. I have been pretty free with the kitchen shears in the last few weeks. I love soup this time of year and fresh herbs in them just makes me smile a little.

The girls love to throw the herbs in "on the stem" and then see who gets the "stick" in their bowl. They think it's some sort of priviledge to get it, so I have to be sure to rotate who gets it if there isn't enough for both bowls! They find strange things funny.

The grandson is walkin and talkin somewhat now. He is so precious and so ornery at the same time. He has taken to yellin "Wuv U" whenever he does somethin he isn't supposed to and gets caught. That makes it awful hard to scold him when your laughin at him. I just think "A Mother's Revenge" whenever my DD calls to complain about him doin something new and frustratin!

I know I missed sendin out my tea bag swap. I'm sorry. Just as soon as I find them in this mess of a house I will get them sent out. Promise!

Well, I'm gonna go get to bed for the night.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  12:22:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Have to go on and take care of my three Swaps tonight...but wanted to hop on and let everyone
know that I have been reading today and I am praying for everyones heart needs.

Miss Miranda...I think it would be a great idea to turn all phones off and just you and Josh unwind from all the craziness. Smart idea!

Angela...so glad to have you back on the 'puter, and the Porch. I wondered why the Porch Pose' came back empty handed when I sent them out looking for you. Now, I know! LOL

Hi Netty, Cherime, And Angie!!!!

Kimberly...Happy Birthday Celebration today! Can't wait to hear all about it later.

OK...I'm off.
More tomorrow.
blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  07:27:01 AM  Show Profile
Angela, remember if you need anything there is snail mail at the least. Praying for you and yours and glad to hear that the financial front is better.
Hang in there Miranda.
Bunny if you are lurking about, take it easy and God bless.
Kim, you can always come to Alaska, I can tell you that no one up here is going to give a hang about gun control. Gun control up here means teaching the kids early how to handle one so that no "accidents" happen.
God bless all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  08:02:25 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies and welcome back Angela!

I won't be on long, I've got a list a mile long to do today. And wouldn't you know that fibro has decided to hang out with me! Been fighting a headache last couple of days, and the aches have been getting worse. Sure sign of another flare up. Probably due to weather and stress. I'm secretary to two businesses and it's the end of the year, tax time push...yuk. Anyway, on with the list!
Prayers, Miranda. Hope you get some rest and time to work on your dress!
Angie, that angel sounds really cute, show us a pic when you're done if you can.
PeggyAnn good luck with your swaps, you are a wonderful hostess!

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  1:34:53 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, I feel your fibro pain myself. I moved a bunch of really heavy books at the library yesterday and am paying for it big time today. Mom has decided to leave the heat at 64 degrees and refuses to turn it up. I'm struggling with mental fog doing some financial homework.
Hope you feel better soon!

Cherime, I'm still here. Hope you are working things out with the attorneys ok.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  6:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, sorry you are so busy and dealing with fibro. That would be misery. Hope it settles down and leaves you alone!

Party was WONDERFUL. I have such wonderful friends. We had so much fun. The kids had a blast too. So many kids to play with. Everyone thought it was pretty cool that I had a pinata for the kids when it was my birthday!! I figured it would be good to have something fun for them too.

My cake. Notice the candles..... dynamite and a round bomb making the number 40 :) :)

Me and my cake.

Blowing out my candles.

Had a fantastic time. Visiting. Snacking. Relaxing. Feeling loved. Believe it or not folks brought gifts! I wasn't expecting any so I was very surprised. Some of the cards were a HOOT. HA!

Nighty night all

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  11:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....
Shanda...sorry to hear that your Fibro is bothering you. Weather and stress...the leathal combination for us Fibro sufferers.
Wow...Secretary to two Businesses...sounds like Stress right there. LOL

Angie...I thought that your Angel sounded really pretty and dainty/please post pictures when you get it made.

Bunny...Oh, I bet you are hurting today from all those heavy books. Take care of yourself this weekend...rest and relax girlfriend. Doesn't your mom know that keeping the house that cold will adversly affect your Fibro??????? She is like 9 degrees too cold for the outside temps. That is crazy!!!

Cherime...how is your first Lady Emily book coming along? I am reading her book "Death in the Floating City". It is sooooo good.

Kimberly...Looks like you had yourself a Great little Party. Love the cake...did you make it? I am so glad that your friends remembered you with gifts too.
If you have to get older...Gifts make it easier! Ha Ha!
Really, I agree with others...My forties were the best years of my life!!! But once I hit 50...it all went down Hill from there. LOL In more ways than one too.

Well, I am thankful that my Fibro has not been too bad the last couple of weeks. The really cold weather affects my arthritis but that is over all less painful than my Fibro. A guy we know at Barnes and Noble did say to me the other day...I can tell you arent feeling too good today...you're kind of moving slowly and you didn't put on your make-up. He was right...that day wasn't real good. And I never put make-up on if I am feeling physically bad...I just figure that it is a waste of good make-up...to try to fake it. LOL

Today my son & his sweetheart took me out for Sushi Lunch which is always yummy. And then I treated them to Frozen Yogurt (which was right next door to where we ate).
Then my son came in and fixed my computer. I had picked up a virus downloading a crafting project. Made me so mad! As the Craft Project was from a reputible on-line site. At least it didn't do any real major damage.

OK...hope to make it out to Church tomorrow. So, better get to bed.

Chat with you all tomorrow.

Nightie Night Girlies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  07:04:17 AM  Show Profile
Peg, do you mean the first two books i devoured? Got the Kindle edition on Friday am done by Friday night. Got #2 on Sat am and am now done. Good books. She writes well does Ms. Alexander. I found another one on line that looked interesting Rhys Bowen's series on Molly Murphy.
Kim, looks like you had a really good party. Excellent!
The office stuff is an absolute bore. The new guy is doing what I suspected he might. How far he plans to take it all is anyone's guess. In any event this is no longer my fight. I will take care of forwarding mail as requested and other than that there is little I can do. I did try to warn the guys that something was not right. They should have listened.
My GDD went on a job interview at Lowes. PRAYING she gets offered a position. It would only be part time to start but it would allow her to get of SSI. Her adoptive mom got her on SSI about 3 years ago. None of them in OR think she can hold a job as she has cognitive issues. Anyone taking three kinds of medication for ADD depression and supposed bipolar could well have issues when the drugs are causing hallucinations that send them screaming from their bedroom as night because monsters are after them. She quit taking the medication about 6 months before moving up here with me due to persistent thoughts of suicide. Since stopping the stuff she no longer has those problems. She just turned 20 on Friday and we had a small party for her at Pizza Hut. The change in her is amazing and my DD and DS were amazed. She has also started dating a couple of young men of her own age. A really big change from the 40ish man she was attracted to previously. Her adoptive father did not really want her and made her life miserable. Her school counselor called her and they spoke for quite a while on Friday. She approves of the direction Ashley's live has now taken.
Ashley has girlfriends down in Portland OR who she is still in contact with and it is a crying shame. These girls are involved with grown men who beat and abuse them. Their lives are one round after another of abuse, drugs and alcohol. These are young girls one still in their teens. It is heartbreaking. At least I was able to help Ashley break the cycle. So please pray for us as her growth continues to evolve from the terrified girl that first came up here into the confident woman she was born to be.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  2:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Happy Blessed Sunday Gals!
Kim, looks like you had a great Birthday and the kids did too. Loved the cake with cute candles. Where did you find them?
Well, I've had a taxing week with my Beetle. Last week I took it in because the "Check Engine' light was on.They hooked it up to the computer and 3 things lit up. I got new plugs and wires because they were old,probably the originals(1999).The starter coil was the second thing that was corroded and cracked.But the third thing looked fine. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. So they reset all the codes and off I went. Well this week the light came on again. So off I go again to the garage. They did the diagnostic check and that pesky warning light came on again for the "mystery" 3rd part that looked ok Last week. Upon further checking the part that had previously looked fine, had a hairline crack in it. It was a secondary air intake hose. They replaced it(no charge this time)and off I went....with a lot more ~zoom~ upon take-off too,I might add!*giggle* The very next day, my trunk gave me fits until about the 6th try. Then it closed. BUT next morning when I was going to Mom'sso we could go to our craft store to browse...the trunk wouldn't close...at all. I picked her up and said,"change of plans....we're going to the garage." So Mama and me putted off to the garage with the back hatch rattling every time we hit a bump. Bless her heart, she sat through the whole thing with me and didn't complain once. Later when I mentioned it, she said,"I wasn't bored." That's my Mama! They have free hot beverages and home baked cookies. I walked her around and showed her some old pics on the hallway walls of Canton from 1918. We giggled about the ladies long skirts and the bicycle delivery boys and the streetcars. Amazing photos! Then we sat and watched The Weather Channel until some show came on that showed peoples home movies of fires, collapsing bridges and tornadoes. She wouldn't look at the screen at all. Now I know where I get it from...my total dislike of terror and loss....from my Mama!
So after an hour of repairs, we were off again. We went to eat first since neither of us had eaten breakfast.Then we went to the craft store,then home. We were both wore out from stress and the bone chilling wind. I came home and wrapped up in every piece of warm clothing I could find and made myself a hot cup of apricot tea laced with peach schnapps....and was in bed by 9:30.Mom said she wasn't chilling but was tired and went to bed early too. And "NO" I haven't started the car since.Haven't even peeked in the garage...Afraid too...outta money now! hahahahahaha
Well, make it a good Sunday Gals!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 20 2013 7:08:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  3:21:06 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, good for you helping GDD with her mental health issues. Sounds like she is doing pretty good with you on her side. I wonder if the medications were not necessary (or the right ones)in the first place.

I hope she gets the job. It will do wonders for her self-esteem.

Judy, I think we all wish we had a momma like you. I know I do.

Not much going on.
The weather is dreary but no that bad.
I have Monday off so I have an extra day to get homework done.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  3:48:27 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I have a feeling that the medications were not necessary. She started having problems when the adoptive parents no longer allowed her to see her blood Grandmother. She got so upset when she was pulled away from her and told she could no longer see her, that Ashley began acting out. The meds were apparently to keep her calm and manageable. That is enough to make a sane person go off the deep end. Each day gets a bit better.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  5:52:18 PM  Show Profile
hello porchies,
How is everyone? I thought I would leave yall a pot of tea. It is called Sallie's Garden. It is a black tea and green tea with roses and strawberries. I wasn't sure I would like it since I don't do green tea...but I was delightfully surprised so I will order more than a sample next time.

Kim so glad you had a great birthday

Judy what a day you had yesterday

Bunny so glad to see you how is school going

Angela wonderful to see you I am praying for you

Peggy I have devoured the first three books in the Lady Emily series and am getting into four. I had a wrestling tournament to watch yesterday for my sons and graded papers and read all of book number 3. It is a delightful series. Glad you had a nice day out with your sons.

I just wanted to hop on and say hello and let yall know you were in my thoughts today.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  6:05:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Peggy...I thought I heard the posse on my tail a few times! LOL! You know Hubby urged me to get online a few times, he even said you'd be huntin for me! I've never eaten sushi really, just the vege kind. I've gotten a few coupons give to me for some fancy sushi places in the city lately. I may have to try them.

Cherime...Thanks, we are really happy things are gettin a little easier on the financial front. Good for you standin up for her! I have a nephew who has a few problems, but his mom and I have always insisted he could do more than other people did. He now is an assistant manager at Lowe's and is datin a really great girl. He is the one most all the family said would have to live with his family all his life. He is plannin to get an apartment this year because he wants a home when he proposes to his girl! Yeah!

Shanda...Pain sucks but I think taxes suck more! I feel for you.

Bunny...My dad's the same way with the heat. Drives me crazy sometimes! Stay warm!

Kimberly...Love the cake!!! Too Cute!!!

Tammy...I love green teas! Thanks!

Judy...Don't you just love car trouble! Hope you have it whipped!

Well, yesterday started off good then went really, really bad.

I spent the mornin with Hubby, then took him to work and spent the afternoon at the bead shop with my middle DD. We came home and made jewelry until Hubby called to be picked up. On the way there I got pulled over. Somehow my tailights had went dead! Completely! No brake lights, turn signals, anything. Then to add insult to injury I get informed that my license plates are expired. I was ready to cry. The officer felt sorry for me with the girls with me and followed me home after givin me a ticket for only the plates. It was the cheaper of the 2 offenses.

I had to call my oldest DD and borrow her car to go pick up Hubby. Then on the way there I'm told that my uncle has taken a really bad turn and they are only givin him hours to live. I have no car and have to spend a small fortune fixin Hubby's truck and gettin new plates. I'm just exhausted from too much hittin me all at once.

On the up side I now have a really cute earring and necklace set made with pretty peach beads and these little tiny tamborines about the size of a nickle! They are so cute and they work! Every time I move when I'm wearin them they tinkle so pretty. I did have to repierce one of my ears which is really wierd. I haven't had to do that in about 16 years. I always keep a set of those pointed end earrings around just in case.

The tamborines are made to put a picture on them, but I think I'm gonna get my quillin set out and make some peach swirls to put on them. I think that will look really neat and give me a good excuse to do some quillin agian. I haven't done any in a long time. I need to work on makin my middle DD a quilled name plate. My youngest will be gettin the one my gma had. She's the only one in the family with the same name.

I have been workin on some new jewelry designs most of the evenin. I have some new beads and center pieces and metal pieces and they are really callin for me to work with them. I have a few really fancy designs and some that are pretty simple. I hope I can manage the fancier ones. I've barely done anything other than simple stringing of beads. I'm gonna try some finger weavin and some metal wrappin and stuff.

My Kindle is loaded down with a bunch of beadin books, so I'm gonna go do some readin and learnin before the girls go to sleep. Then it's momma's time to create!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

Edited by - natesgirl on Jan 20 2013 6:07:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  12:42:08 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...you will love the Rhys Bowen books too. They are really good. I have read about the first 5 or 6.
You are devouring those books. They are charming aren't they?

Good for you helping Gdd get off meds that she didn't need. I pray that she gets that job and rejoice with you that she is dating guys her own age. Sounds like it is a good thing that she is faraway from Portland and those friendships...even if she can communicate with them via email. The distance between them is a very good thing.

Judy...I am having Bug troubles too. Not the same as yours however. I am losing all my coolant. There must be a major leak somewhere. My son said that when they had it...they were told there was a crack in the drip pan...but I'm thinking it is much more serious than that. Hubby messed with it off and on all week...and it is still leaking live a river.
So...it may have to sit until we get the extra money to take it into a shop. Glad we have two cars is all I can say.
Sorry, to hear about all your frustrations with yours. I think I would be more frustrated at the mechanics than the bug. LOL And bless your Precious Mama...not being bored. Like Bunny said, "we all want a Mama like yours!"

Bunny...No fair that you get a day off school and then they give ya homework to do. Why bother having the day off.
Hope you get a couple hours to sew or something relaxing.

Teacher Tammy...well, look at you and Cherime go...on those books. You two will be caught up with me in no time.
You must try the Ryes Bowen books too. They are great.

Sallies Garden Tea sounds lovely. Which company was that from?

Hope you have a nice day off too.

Angela...I think you and Judy were competing for the Worst Day Ever Award or something. I think I much prefer my not so exciting life. LOL

Your earings sound adorable. Glad you have a hobby that you enjoy.

Praying for your financial situation and hoping you can get that truck fixed soon. Automobiles are such a pain. They can drive us bonkers in more ways than one.

Well, off to read my book. Need to finish before Tammy and Cherime tell me they are on book 7 too. Ha Ha!

Love Ya Sisters!

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  7:15:48 PM  Show Profile
It looks like nobody knew I was not on here for awhile. I guess my posts are not that interesting and forgotten as soon as they are read. I have been busy finishing up some unfinished projects that were taking up room. I got a new camera for Christmas, so finally getting pictures taken and some items put on my Etsy shop. That is very time consuming and tires me out.
It is very cold out, -14 right now with the wind chills -28. We had rain last week, then snow, which is good, we need the ground cover to keep the pipes from freezing. Tomorrow it is supposed to be colder!!!!! We only have one more winter after this one, then we will be going where it is warmer and travel away from this weather!!!! I lived here all my life, but I hate the weather here more and more as I get older.I guess my blood is getting thinner and I am getting whimpier.
Sounds like all are doing well. Bunny is busy with homework, Kimberly had a great birthday party, Judy got her car fixed, hopefully!!! Cherime, are you done working now? Tammy, hope you are feeling better now.
Angela, Shanda, thinking of you.
They cancelled the schools in the area beause of the cold, which to me is a good thing to do. Nobody should have to go out in this kind of weather. I do feel for the mail carriers and anyone else that must be out in the cold. And the poor animals!!!!
Well, I am heading for bed. Hope you all have a wonderful warm evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  12:14:59 AM  Show Profile
Not True Janet...you have been missed girlfriend!!!! With doing four Swaps at one time...I barely
have time to round up the Pose and send them out and drag you stragglers back Home! LOL

Man...I will never do this many swaps all at once again. I must have been bored or overly enthused
about The New Year and all the New Fun! Crazy Lady...that's what I am.

OK...just a quick "Hi Ya All" and Welcome Back Janet! and I am off to read.

Nightie Night Girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  06:46:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, yes, I would agree with you that 4 swaps at once is alot on your plate. Even though you enjoy them, it is time consuming.
All the schools in the Upper Peninsula have closed today, along with all the colleges. It is -18 degrees right now with the wind chill of -35! I am not going out there for anything, just will stick my nose out to get the mail and newspaper.I made a big batch of chili, so that is what we will be having for supper tonight to warm up the innerds.
I hope to get more things listed on Etsy today, that will be my excitement for the day.
Have a warm and safe day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  08:32:34 AM  Show Profile
Kim, absolutely, y'all are welcomed out here! The farm down the street is for sale, so I'm sure we could work something! And in OUR area, everyone uses their guns and rifles and shotguns constantly... either for getting rid of coyotes and feral hogs, or just to say "HEY, DON, YOU AWAKE YET!?"

Drumroll, please......

I finally got started on my dress!! I cut it out Sunday, and found (for some reason) the lace that I had purchased is NOT scalloped edge, BUT that's okay. I'm going to end up using trim I'd bought for the veil that I am not actually going to make (I tried making it and felt very dumpy in this long atrocity) to edge the lace, and lace that I had bought to edge the satin hem of the skirt. So, as I was cutting the fabric, I got new ideas and got a feel for what I was working with.

We took the dogs into town and went to the park. That's when Josh got a call from his OTHER brother and we got a few things straight. Pop is doing better, he's got the flu (yay, another added thing) but they are treating him for that and he's doing better. His blood pressure had gone VERY low, and he had a fever, but it's all evening out, and so far he's doing relatively okay. The dogs had fun smelling duck poop and dragging us down the trails and Penny had fun yelling at a pug mix of some sort that was about 4 times her size. The pug just yelled back and she yelled louder. Silly dogs!

Well, we got home, I started supper, the dogs were sprawled on our couch snoring, and I got back to work, cutting out the top for the dress. I'm making it a 2 piece set instead of one solid dress because Lord knows, I do NOT fit into dresses! My girls are too big, my torso is too short, and no one knows what a waistline is any more.

Since I work in a credit union, I had yesterday off for MLK day, so I went to the WalMart in town to get thread since, for SOME reason, I had no ivory thread, and got a new marking pen, a seam ripper, and some needles. I got home and baked banana cupcakes (still trying to figure out what kind of cake/cupcakes I want to make) and did some dishes, and started sewing the dress. The underskirt is essentially finished, other than attaching to the overskirt, and then hemming/trimming it in lace. I also started on the blouse and got about halfway through it! So, I'd say I'm about 1/3 of the way through with the wedding dress, already!

Agnes (Josh's cat) came and "helped" (don't worry, everything important is bagged up and sealed; the tulle she is laying on was the old veil that I disassembled).

I also got started on decorating the comb attached to the short veil I decided to use for the ceremony. I'll switch to a crystal headband for the reception.

So, I am on track to get this stuff done!

Also... not going to get into it in much detail, but I emailed the editor of a wedding magazine that Momma bought me, and they want to see pictures "to review". EEEEEK!!

The weekend was crazy, but good, and I am so excited I got so far with my sewing!!

Hope you all had a good weekend!!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile
Miranda, that is great that you got so much done on your dress. It is amazing what we can get done when we have an extra day, heh? I am looking forward to seeing pictures when you are finished. Sounds beautiful, and I am sure it will be!!!!
Have a great day everyone, it warmed up to -2 with the wind chill at -22. Still cold, but better!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  09:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Jan, the weather has been of weird. Last year at this time we had so much snow no one had anywhere to any more of it. This year we have about 4 inches on the ground. Right now the temp is 20 above. I noticed that another friend in Wisconsin has -3 today up from -8. Strange stuff.
Miranda, you GO girl!!! That is great. It is amazing what a little time can do.
On the office front, I am fully retired. Now just have to figure out how to make the money stretch for a month. The good side is that I am able to stay home and actually cook. Made a lemon meringue pie for GDD and I yesterday. Tastes yummy. Also a crock pot of lentils and spicy chicken sausage I found 1/2 off at the store. Yummy as well.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page