Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  6:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Hello porch pals. I'm getting ready to turn in for the night but thought i wouls stop by for a minute. wish the weekends were longer but oh well. All our snow melted and it got up to 65 degrees today! It was like spring and felt so good sitting out on my "real" front porch with my doggie Jemma. But alas, back to reality tomorrow. Down into the 30's and teens the rest of the week.
I did some mending this weekend and enjoyed an hour at the thrift shop yesterday. Love that place! More books! More fabric! I think I'm going to make a raggy quilt using old jeans and flannel shirts, so the $5 bag sale on clothes is a great way to stock up on material. I'm eying a nice old chair they have but hubby says we have enough furniture. But it would be so cute refinished with pretty patchwork upholstery....(I'll keep you posted on that one )
I got a pile of books from the library all about winter. Many of them are children's books. I get a bit glum this time of year so thought it would be fun to read as much as i can about the season and perhaps see it in a new light. I'm looking for an old wooden crate of box that i can store all my winter books in, you know something that could sit on the coffee table or maybe on the floor even.
Well, I'm off to bed. Night all.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  12:42:48 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies....

Well, I feel like I have had Church all weekend! Which is always a good thing! Papa God and
I just had a great wknd together. We just cozied up all wknd...loving on each other.

Miss Miranda...I am not really a cat person (besides I am allergic to them)...but Mr. Newcomb is just too cute!!!
Must comment on the lazer pointer. I watched a show that was so sad to me...it was about a dog who was almost crazy (definately neurotic)with chasing light of any kind...because his original owners had constantly used a lazer light with him. It was almost impossible to rehabilitate him and they thought they were going to have to put him down...but they found someone who worked with him and finally got him over it. It was heart breaking to watch though....so, please don't use your lazer light very often with your pets.

Hi Teacher Tammy...I love that series too. I think I have read five of the books and need to see if there are more available. It really is a delightful series. Glad that you are enjoying it.
Also, glad that you got your new stash of tea.

Oh, before I forget...for those of you on the Tea Swap List for The Porch...My Address is NOT correct. So, here it is...just change it on your copy. Or 10 copies. LOL
Peggy Smith
8500 NE Hazel Dell Ave. E-5
Vancouver, WA 98665

Shanda...Your pillow sounds lovely!
Will keep your area in prayer with the Flu Plague. It has made it's way here too. So, far not a terrible out break but it just got here.

Glad your son has some good strong goals to keep his mind focused...that will indeed help.

Angie...glad you were on The Porch today too.

Sounds like you could use a bit of Light Therapy...like maybe you have winter depression??
I have several friends who have the same thing and they use light therapy daily during this time of year.
You could sit and work on your quilt in front of The Light and do two very beneficial things at once.
Hey...here's hoping you go get that rocking chair!!! I love rocking chairs. I have two red ones.
One is a Red wooden rocker on my home Porch and the other is a Red Leather Rocker/Recliner in my living room. I would have even more of them if I had more room in my home. (+:

Well, again I am off to read and snuggle in my cozy covers.
Night My Lovelies!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  10:24:34 AM  Show Profile
I just got an awesome email. So exciting. I sold some of my pedigreed Satin rabbit babies and one of the ladies just emailed me this: "Hi Kimberly, Thought you would like to know I took the Satin Chinchilla doe I bought from you to a rabbit show in Idaho. Tinsel did awesome. She got best of opposite variety in show A and best of variety in show B. The judge said had she been a little older she would have been her Best of Breed. And from there she would have went on to Best of show so lots of potential" HOLY COW! I've got rabbits winning shows from my little ranch. Now I can add that in with my advertisements and maybe I'll sell more rabbits and the rabbits will pay for themselves and then I just have to get the goats and sheep to pay for themselves and then I'm golden. I needed encouraging news. So thankful for this.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes. SIGH just two more sleeps and I leave my third decade and move into the fourth. What will it bring? My party is on Saturday and it sounds like some folks are actually planning on coming!!!!!

I love the kitty stories. Especially the one where you screamed and the cat was wondering what your problem was. :) I love animal stories. Mainly because I'm so attached to them.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  11:04:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh No, Peggy! How sad :( I don't do anything to make the animals too crazy, they do that enough to me! If we pull out the laser pointer, it's only for a couple of minutes, and it's never that often. If they start getting too frisky we put it away and tell the fur-children they can play with it again later.

Well, I woke up this morning to an empty propane tank and it's supposed to snow in areas tonight or tomorrow. Luckily, we have the most WONDERFUL supply company a few towns over... 100 gallons is almost half the price with them compared to the other ones in town. And their people are nicer.

I've been working on this post for several hours, now... it's been busy and we're short handed at work. Something has to give!!!

Anyway, I need to get some more ppwk done, so I will talk to you all later!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  6:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Boy can I screw up when I screw up, or what? Peg, at least you know your address and didn't have to change YOUR 10 lists! hahaahahaha I can't believe your hubby, making you 10 copies. Guess he won't do THAT again! LOL Too Funny!!
Hopefully we're all fixed up now!
TLTammy...I gasped at your comment about being out of tea! WHAT??? Our Tea Queen...outta tea! Unheard of! *snicker/snort*
Well, I took mama out to eat for her Birthday! We went to a Mexican place here in town. It was so cold today with a bone-chilling wind that cut right to the bone when it blew. After three days of 65 degrees, we are spoiled. Mama didn't really want to go out in it, but I said we both should go out and get the stink blown off of us! That was always one of my moms favorite phrases when Patsy and I were little and didn't want to go out and play for whatever reason.
I wanted to take her to the craft shop next door but it's closed on Sunday and Monday. Rats! She would have loved the Civil War fabric room. The owner studied all the colors of wool that were used back then and she dyes all her own fabrics to match. I just want to stand there and touch them all. *giggle* She has about 4 rooms in her store and each one has a theme.
At Goodwill last summer,I bought some little girls skirts and some belts and I'm getting ready to try my hand at making shoulder bags out of them. My mom made me a denim bag years ago before they were popular around here and I love it. She made it out of an old pair of jeans. They were very popular out west where Dad and her were traveling at the time.So I figured little skirts made from bright or ruffled fabrics with bright belts for handles and embellished with beads,yo-yo's(yes I bought a yo-yo maker)*giggle*... and such, would be really fun to make. Wish me luck. Ya'll know I'm NOT crafty. But I can see these in my mind...I know I can do this! Yes?
Aren't cats fun? Our Rascal gets in his moods daily where he plays tag with us. He runs up and taps our ankles or nips our legs,then skips sideways, back hunched up and wants us to chase him. I tap him when I catch him and say,"You're it." Then I run. Sometimes though...he bites too hard, and gets scolded and told in a very stern voice..."NO BITES!" And he hates it when we point at him while telling him that. He knows when he's taken the "tag game" a little too far. Mom&Dad won't play with him or even look at him for awhile. He gets a "kitty time out!" hahaha He hates that!
Well,time to read and sip chocolate mint tea. I'm reading "The Cat Who Went To Paris!" It's kind of a kids book too, but fun. I love the idea of the winter theme books. Great idea! Pick a theme and read all about it....hmmmmmm....
Nite Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 14 2013 7:06:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  12:50:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kimberly...Congrats on one of your Rabbits getting Awards!
That is so very cool. And like you said, Great Advertizing for you.

Hope your Birthday Party is fun...you will have to tell us all about it.

Miss Miranda...I know that you are good pet parents. Just had to share that
Lazer Pointer Story with you because it was so awful. The owner of that dog
must have gone way over-board with that thing. The Pet Trainer that got him
over his neurotic pshchosis said he felt that it was a case of abusive use
of the lazer light.

Teacher Tammy...I found that Tasha Alexander does have another book out. I believe
it came out in November...so, I downloaded it. It will have to wait until I finish
this one I am currently reading (not one of hers)...but I was excited to get it.

Judy...hey, girlie we all make slip-ups...and like you said, atleast I know my own
address. LOL My husband took you at your word and thought there was a reason why
we needed 10 copies of the Tea List. Ha Ha!
Hope your mama had a good birthday! Too bad the craft store was closed.
Well, now that you bought a yoyo maker...maybe one of these days you will join
my yoyo swaps, I hostess. We'd love to have you join.
I know you can make those purses. You will have to post pictures as you complete each
one and we can celebrate your victories!!

Well girls...I am tired. I never got a nap today. Off to read for the night (really morning). LOL

More tomorrow.
blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  5:44:52 PM  Show Profile
You guys all make me smile. I just love the chatter. It seems that these days there's nobody on their porch any more. We're all scattered aren't we! Thank goodness for technology linking all together.
Hubby nixed the chair idea,said we have enough furniture. sigh. I had such a creative idea for upholstery and paint. Oh well. And we don't know how long we will be in this house so i guess i need to keep that in my mind before I lug more junk treasures home.
Judy, I love your idea of the purses. I hope you will share pictures with us. And once you start making those yo-yo's you won't be able to stop! I pre-cut lots of circles for our camping trips and then sit and make the yo-yo's while sitting around the camp-fire. My sister in the UK makes lovely big ones out of drapery fabrics and lace and then attaches them to dowels covered in rag strips and they looks like gorgeous floppy flowers.
Peggy, yes, I do get SADD in the winter months. Really low Vitamin D, but this year I'm working hard to combat it and yes, you are right, a warm sunny window and some quilting or knitting. Sounds like heaven to me! I'm from the UK and very fair skinned so I tend to stay out of the sun anyway. (5 minutes in the sun and i burst into flames) I sure would love a golden tan. tried the spray tan but let's just say, um, it wasn't quite what i expected. Felt kinda silly standing in a big black box, naked except for a shower cap, reaching to press the button and getting sprayed.(I only did it because I had a free coupon-no really.)And I wasn't a lovely honey golden color, more like a faded navel orange......ho-hum.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  07:34:59 AM  Show Profile
Judy, the purses sound like a good project. Let us know how they turn out. Remember the first one is always a big learning curve. After that it is sort of just working the kinks out.
Kim, that is great about the rabbit and should boost you right up there in the breeder category. Just be sure to bring up that one in any advertizing or talks you have with those seeking to buy. I know that blowing your own horn is a bit uncomfortable at times but it needs to be done on occasion.
Miranda, I have one of the pointers for my kitties but use it sparingly. One of the kitties K’ao, chases it for a while then very pointedly stops and looks over at me and what I have in my hand. “OK I had enough exercise. You can turn it off now.” Dubh the other kittie is not quite so quick. It takes him a bit longer to discover he is never going to catch it and give up..
Peg. I am going to have to try out those books you were talking about. Sounds interesting.
Hi Angie. My DH, now deceased, was born in Glasgow and immigrated to Canada with his parents at 8 yoa. He had a bit of SADD. Living in Alaska that could be a trial at times. Music is what kept him going. When he was playing it didn’t matter what it was like outside
Well all, the office saga is still ongoing. There are several matters that the other guy cannot or will not handle and my exbosses need to hire another attorney, a friend of theirs, to help out. That necessitates getting me involved as the others either cannot or will not give the hired counsel access to the electronic records. I think it is a bit of both actually. So I am being asked to brave the lion’s den one more time to get that taken care of. I will attempt that but I do not like it. So next week maybe we will see what happens on that front.
Somehow the computer ate the first post I began so back to good old WordPerfect. I am copying and posting it as I do not feel like doing all that typing only to see it vanish in the blink of an eye.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  07:52:39 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday was so aweful... got off work late, and had to get groceries and gasoline before driving another 30 minutes to get home. It was Josh's birthday, so I was trying to get home in time to get the animals fed and make a special supper, but that did not happen :( To top it off, it was gloomy, sleety, rainy and COLD COLD COLD.

Today seems happier... it's bright sunshine out, the animals seem happier, the temp is still cold but pleasant, not bone chilling.

I was looking at buying paper drinking straws for the wedding - like the ones that they had in my Grandparents' day - and found a website a while back that sold them. I was seconds away from purchasing them when I found that they wanted TWICE the amount of the order JUST to ship them!! Soooooooo instead, I went to Bing, and searched for paper straws. I found them at ANOTHER website called The Sugar Diva (www.thesugardiva.com) and the prices are better, selection is better (they have coke bottle sized straws, which is awesome because we're serving glass bottle cokes!), and the shipping is less than HALF what the other site wanted. PLUS they have the crepe paper strawberry baskets I want!! GLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm in a good place, today I have a 3 day weekend, and I will be working on my dress. No, I still have not finished it. I keep getting my "free" time taken up by things, but now that birthdays and holidays are out of the way, I'm buckling down and doing it. 87 days left until I walk down the aisle!!!!

I also figured out what I am doing for the veil... I looked VERY VERY dowdy in the original veil I made, so I'm going to rebuild it. I'm going to do a short, net "veil" with a hand made flower and crystals, and then after the ceremony, switch to a crystal headband I'd intended to drape the long veil from.

I'm keeping things a lot more simple than in the beginning, but it works. It will not only be a lot less work, but a lot more enjoyable. The venue really does not need much work, and the wedding is going to stay simple anyway, so I feel a lot less stressed about my changes.

Momma bought me a magazine - Flea Market Style Weddings. I have post-it tabs, scribbles and marks all through it, and I just picked it up from her house on Saturday! It's FANTASTIC!!!!

And - I can look into learning how to be a wedding/event coordinator... I'm so very tempted!!! What do y'all think???

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  08:43:40 AM  Show Profile
Miranda, have you checked out Pinterest for wedding ideas?
I can tell you simple is best. I hope you post pictures of your dress!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  09:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I try to :( But they block it at work and I don't have internet at home, yet... all the girls I chat with on Wedding Wire love it but I'd have to go to Momma's house to work with it, and I only go maybe once or twice a month!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  10:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Judy for the ecard!

Today is the big day. Golly Gosh how did this happen???? Oh I know, one day at a time. :P My Daddy called this morning to wish me a happy birthday. The kids sang me happy birthday at breakfast and gave me their cards and gifts. Sweet little nuggins. Haven't heard a peep from hubby. Guess that speaks volumes. Gonna go to the hairdresser on Friday and see if she can make me beautiful and then Saturday will be my party. WooooHoooooo. I'm looking forward to it. Think the kids are more excited than I am though. :)

Well recess is almost over better get back to work.

Hugs to all

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  11:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Kimberly!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day so far!!!!! Enjoy.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  12:21:58 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Kimberly!!!!!!! Your A Big Girl now!

Miles of Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  12:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh ladies, I feel like I'm on a not-so-merry-go-round. Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Just talked to Josh. His mother called and said that Pop (Ray, future FIL) was back in the hospital. He started having chest pains, they think last night, and waited to tell anyone till Joann (Josh's mother) got home from work. They have ruled out stroke or heart attack, but apparently they have found a blood clot in his lungs. This is on TOP of the cancerous mass in his sinuses (which, he still doesn't see the doctor about that till at least next thursday).

I could use some more prayers, girls I hate asking, I guess it's my own prideful-ness, or just feeling like I'm being a burden, but I'm just praying we have Pop around for at least a couple more years. I really would love for our future kids to be able to know at least one grandfather!

Thank you all so much

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  1:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Aching for you Miranda. And praying. I don't want to be a burden either but what I'm discovering is that asking for prayer is not a burden. :)

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  1:31:12 PM  Show Profile
Peg and T. Tammy, naughty, bad! now you both have me hooked on Lady Emily. :)

Miranda, am so sorry to hear that. Praying and you nor anyone else is a bother for asking for prayer. We do learn from and support one another. And this porch is a blessing because no matter how far from each other we are, we are only a post away.

Blessings

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  2:14:58 PM  Show Profile
stinking internet!!!

Kim, I honestly appreciate what you say. I have such a hard time asking for help, because I feel like I am being a burden. I have to remember that this is WHY we pray, to humble ourselves and ask love, forgiveness, and for help.

Gives me things to think about when I get home in about an hour

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  2:17:56 PM  Show Profile
And Cherime, that goes for you, too Some times the internet can be a bad place, but like all things, when used for good, it is indeed a blessing.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  6:26:21 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies,
Hope yall had a great day. I tell you this Madame Butterfly is having a hard time with her job being I have to talk. I went to bed last night with a voice and I awoke today minus one. I was like whata is up with that. I feel fine just no voice makes for a very interesting day...

Peggy there are seven books in the Lady Emily series I have downloaded frist two on nook but library got me the 3-5 via loan cause I can't afford to pay for them right now on nook and I can continue to read and then will get 6-7 when I am close to being done with 5. I can't put them down. I copied your addy down too.

Tea Swap ladies my last name was spelled wrong..OUr head tea lady was distracted I think over allt he delightful teas she was gonna get..It should be Schroeder she just left a small letter out..hahahaha

well I am off for tea have to see which of the samples I am going to try....I bought enough tea to not run out for very long while.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  12:28:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Bunny...glad you popped on today. We love you, miss you and are praying for you for your schooling.

Miss Miranda...we are still praying for Josh's dad. So, sorry to hear about the tumor in his lung. Please never ever feel like asking for prayer is a burden. It is not! And prayers can comfort and change circumstances and change people. We can't but God can!
It also gives others a chance to know what we each struggle with on a day to day basis. Life is Tough but God is Faithful.
Hang in there girl...I know it is hard.

Cherime... oh, we got you hooked on Lady Emily...good! You will enjoy her.
Each book just seems to get better and better too, just a little FYI. I am reading the last one in print (I guess it is number 7)...but I certainly hope it will not be the last in the series. It is much too good.

Teacher Tammy...did those little butterflies take full advantage of your "No Voice" today? I can imagine that it is hard to keep them in line when you can't talk. LOL

Did you buy any new teas that you hadn't boughten before? I am always looking for new ones. I just tried Harney and Sons new Blueberry Green Tea. It smells heavenly in the cup...but it has that green tea bite at the end of each sip...that I don't really care for. I like green tea...but only certain brands.

Well, speaking of Lady Emily...I am off to read.

Later Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  06:57:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying to stop these tears before they open the branch LOL Thank you all so much for your kind words. Between money, wedding planning, Josh's father being sick, and all the daily things that happen, I'm in serious need of a vacation. We don't get one till the honeymoon, though

BUT I am going to take my three day weekend and just be quiet and calm. Thought about taking the dogs down to the lake, but it will probably still be cold, and we've never taken Tessa out like that.

SPEAKING of my darling little puppy, she got out (again) yesterday morning. Apparently, when Josh went to start his car, she had wandered down to the end of the drive way to bark her little head off at the cows in the field across the street. I just got this image of my little red merle catahoula pup, sad blue eyes, and ears too big for her head, barking and yowling at the big black angus cows. Josh says he started trotting toward her to grab a hold of her before she took off and jumped Russel's fence to get at the cows, and that made it worse because the cows started running and she just went nuts, thinking she'd scared them off LOL!!! I WISH I could have seen that!!!!!

Well *sigh* They are about to unlock the doors, and a "problem child" is already outside, so I better put my game face on.

Still no word on Pop as of last night, Josh was having a hard time getting ahold of his mother and brother, but as soon as I hear anything, I will let everyone know.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  10:40:09 AM  Show Profile
Good news... talked to Josh about an hour ago.

Apparently, his mom forgot to call us last night and tell us that Pop was released. UGH. It was NOT in fact a blood clot in his lung, it was bronchitis. They did the tests to rule OUT a blood clot, since Pop has had a history of them. Anyway, his grandmother called and let him know what was going on, and Josh asked GG to give his mom a whooping for us, since we were both pretty frazzled last night.

Now, it's just a wait for next thursday to find out about the cancer mass in his sinuses, so keep praying for us on that!

Thank you for all your kind words and love, ladies. This is what it's all about, right!?

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  11:33:08 AM  Show Profile
Mirand a prayer answered so far. Now 1st Peter 2:24 "by his stripes we WERE healed". Praying that he get a revelation of the Father's good gifts for him which includes healing.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  12:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Miranda...one answered prayer down!!!! God is good...all the time!
We will keep praying for the other appointment and problem.

You made my day ...with goodnews.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page