Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  03:02:49 AM  Show Profile
Morning PeggieAnn. Thought i would drop in to the porch and visit. Yes, tons of people here have that awful flu that is making it's rounds. Oh boy,i hope i don't get it. Am already stocked up with soup, advil and Popsicles. (just in case)
Today is my busiest day at work but I look forward to my lunch break when i can sit and read. yes, like you, I MUST have my books! I always told my son,"You can never have too many books or Lego!" Needless to say, he is now 23 and we are still storing the copious amounts of both until he has room in his apartment. he took me at my word. There is a thrift shop in town and I, um, visit every week. I mean seriously, how can I turn down a bag of books for $1! And then of course, i always check out the clothes, vintage stuff, craft bits and bobs. I have yet to leave empty handed.
This weekend all our snow will melt as it will reach a whopping 50 degrees Looking forward to getting a bit of fresh air outside, clean up all the branches that came down when it was windy. But I know it is just a teaser. Spring won't be here until April. (thank goodness i have enough books and knitting to keep me busy until the big thaw

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  08:23:35 AM  Show Profile
Ugh.... what a morning. Went to let the dogs out, and they said, "Um... no?" The field is pretty well flooded, and so is part of the yard. It rained non stop last night. And GUESS who left the windows in her truck cracked?? 40 minutes of driving to work in a wet seat... my butt is still wet. I guess that was the one GOOD thing about the naugahyde seats in Daddy's old truck!!

Drove down to the highway to find that the grain silo and processing station is pretty well flooded, too. The owner has a retaining pond that has spilled over and flooded the dirt road to the station, so I dunno how the guys are going to get in and out.

Got a call from Josh that my new puppy, Tessa, had gotten out of the yard and into the field. He said he's not sure how, but there she was. They're staying in the garage, today. When I got home last night, Train was grey. He's a patchwork merle Catahoula, so he's actually mostly white, but they got into the mud and in the blackland prairie, "mud" is black clay.

I'm so exhausted and just having a crap day... I'm looking at my little picture of Chesty Puller (The greatest US Marine to ever live) and reading his quote... "We're surrounded... that simplifies our problem." and trying to remember that worse things have happened.. but geesh!!

We have an iota of news about Pop... not even really about Pop, though. Essentially, we won't know any more till his doctor's appointment... on January 24th. Two weeks??? Really, two and a half. SERIOUSLY!? He's had two strokes, untold mild heart attacks, they know this is cancer, but they can't get him in for two and a half weeks!?

I'm trying to remember, EVER ONWARD (as I have tattooed on my wrists for just such occasions) and trying to stay calm. Hopefully the rain stops tonight and it starts to dry out tomorrow. And, I will remind myself to ignore dummies as much as possible... and to hug the dogs, even though one of them was a very bad girl. (I think she drooled on my bra this morning, too... ugh... I give up)

Mommy needs a vacation.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  10:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello all, been reading,reading,reading.WOW! ya'll been through it.. and the best part I read was "But God.." think I heard a sermon on that, was good.

Jim is having a slow go of healing because he can't quit coughing. He went in the hospital with a chest and head cold, but it's lots better. He was having muscle spasms and I told him it was just as if he were pregnant because that's what a woman feels when a baby is moving!He's got an appt with the surgeon on the 14th to make sure everything is as it should be and I sure hope this is the END of this story!

Ok, it's drizzling and I'm solar, so making myself walk on the treadmill to wake up. Sure hope I don't fall asleep on there. lol Have a good day til we meet again. :) love n prayers

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  11:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Miranda - I LOVE that quote. "We're surrounded.... that simplifies our problem." Wow. Now if I could only get my mind wrapped around that. :) It sounds like your day is dragging you down. Those days when everything piles up are hard to get through. Today in my devotional it was talking about a beautiful moth coming out of its cocoon and what a struggle it was and how long it was taking and the person watching decided to have "mercy" on it and help it out. After doing so she discovered that she had harmed it because the struggle out was what gave the strength to it's wings. The gorgeous moth never flew. I pray that your struggles strengthen your wings.

Two weeks to see someone with cancer and that kind of history is criminal in my mind. Actually it sounds like Obama Care is already kicking in. Soon it will resemble Canadian health care. *shiver*

Angie and Peggy, I'm a bookworm too! And I've passed it on to my spawn!! (she gives a wicked giggle) My daughter at 5 inhales books. And my son at 6 loves to read anything that's interesting to him. He doesn't read the way she does. Not a complete bookworm but he does enjoy it especially if there's anything on it that remotely looks like a dinosaur. :P Right now bedtime stories are the Thornton W. Burgess books. Any of you familiar with those? My Mom had them when she was a kid, then I inherited hers, now my kids have them and we're buying more of them to finish the collection. Jackson especially loves them. I thought it would be Nikole that loved them more but he surprised me. I'm reading them to them. I love reading to my children and who knows how much longer I'll have that honor.

I'm scheming and daydreaming again. I'm a little land barren living on a postage stamp with pipe dreams of having a homestead farm and raising all my livestock. I have Ewey who I need a ram for and maybe a few more ewe friends. I found one place (about 5 hours away) that I might be able to get one or the other from. But money is a problem. Isn't it always? I'm pretty sure some of my goats are bred. Ghiradelli seems a little round as do some of the others but goats have been known to fool me before. :) I've got two nests with baby rabbits in them and I'm breeding Baby Ruth right now. Really looking forward to what that gives me. I wish I had the money to fence off another part of my property for pasture. It would make things so much easier. Be content! Be content!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  12:02:09 PM  Show Profile
Teehee @ Falling asleep on the treadmill... sounds like something I could do right now.

It's been such a crazy day... I feel like I'm stuck in a dream. A Tim Burton-ish dream. Not bad, but not good, either...

Finally finished making New Account Packets and I'm looking out the window to yet MORE rain. It's supposed to maybe eventually stop sometime late tonight. The poor doggies are going to hate us... At least they have the garage. I'd let them stay in the house, but Train freaks out and eats mini blinds and trim, and Tessa eats whatever she wants.

So far, she has chewed (in the week and a half that we have had her): Two of Josh's shoes (not a matching pair) one of my expensive boots, the sattelite remote, my cell phone (she kinda did me a favor... I hated it, and Josh bought me the one I actually wanted for my birthday), one of my good rubber spatulas, Josh's sunglasses, one of my not-so-good wooden spoons, a kitchen sponge, my bra (luckily it just smells like puppy breath) and my finance record book for the farm. For heaven's sakes! And yes, she has chewies!!

But that's ok because we love baby Tess. She's such a brat with her red fur and glass (blue) eyes. She just looks up like she's so sad...
like "Momma, don'tcha love me no more?" and then starts the pow wow drum with her tail.

Well, ladies, it's gotten busy around the office, so I will close for now. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  12:15:25 PM  Show Profile
Kim, one of my clients is a well respected dentist and he says the crap with the insurance companies was already getting bad back in the Fall! It scares me. I SO agree about the "criminal" thing... It's taken forever to get him on disability, and now that he has ANOTHER medical problem, they seem so... cavalier! Like "Well, two weeks is nothing."

The one thing I can see as a glimmer of hope is that I think a friend's father had something similar and he's doing fine now. But even so, it's so frightening.

I agree about the moth story, though. I know that there's a reason I have to go through this, and I am willing to go through it. I know I have to be strong for Josh, and I am trying my best.

A friend of mine shared a picture the other day I thought you'd all enjoy... for those who don't know, my father was half Black Dutch Cherokee, so this struck me quite powerfully.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  12:50:06 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME Angie...thanks for jumping on the Porch this morning and chatting with me.
Well, you are a girl after my own heart...reading and knitting and crafts!

Miss Miranda...oh my lovely porchie it sounds like you are having a tough go of things. Doesn't it seem like bad news always comes in threes?
Keep us post on Josh's dad in a couple of weeks (how crazy is that?).
We will all be upholding him in prayer.
Your new baby sounds adorably onery!!! LOL You may come home and find all your furniture eaten. LOL
Not funny I know...I went through that with one or two pups.
I think mommy does need a vacation.

Oh, I could NOT deal with all that mud on your property. I hate muck. I would go crazy trying to deal with the animals out in it.

Hang in there girlfriend...things can only go up from here!
I loved your quote!

Patsy...Hi Girl...long time no hear from. So Jim is learning how it feels to be pregnant huh? Poor man! Hope he heals up fast. Keep us posted. I think you could probably use a nice relaxing vacation too...you must be so weary!

Kimberly...How are those birthday plans going girl????

I love that butterfly story. It is so true. The victory is in getting past the struggles. I have never heard of the Thornton W. Burgess books. It is such a blessing to read to children. I really miss it. My youngest son knew how much I missed reading to him (really all the boys) and so, I swear once he hit Jr. High (the first year anyway) we would read books together. He would read a chapter then I would read a chapter. I know he just did it to humor his mother. LOL He had such a tender heart. Still does!
I am glad that your kids are readers.

Oh Miranda...forgot to mention that I loved the Charokee
Proverb too. I am part charokee and part shawshauni and part irish and part english. But I look more Irish with the fair skin and red hair (now grey tho).
I was the most paleface indian I've ever seen. LOL

Well girls, time to go read. Chat more tomorrow.

Hugs and prayers for all,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  01:23:06 AM  Show Profile
Urgently need prayer!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  06:21:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  07:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Prayers are being sent to all my sisters, esp. Kim.

Tessa has decided to become an escape artist. She's having to stay in the garage while we're at work until we figure out how she's getting out. Josh thinks she's found a hole in the fence that she's just small enough to get out of. Train is too big to get out now, and normally doesn't try.

The mud is terrible... Im gonna have to do some serious cleaning before our friends come over Saturday night! Josh is taking me dancing for our birthdays, and some of our friends are joining us. My best girlfriend and her husband are going to meet us at our house and we'll all ride out together, so my white linoleum floor's going to need a mopping and I'll have to scrub a few spots of mud out!

Peggy my Daddy was half Black Dutch Cherokee. He was born toe-headed and his hair got darker as he got older. His sisters range from reddish brown hair like mine with pale skin and blue eyes, blonde hair and paler skin and blue eyes, to dark skin and hair and eyes, and their brother has dirty blonde hair, dark skin and the same odd hazel eyes as Daddy. All of them had the same Indian daddy!!

Josh has a friend back in Oklahoma whose wife is half black, half Indian (I don't remember which tribe) and he himself is black. They have a boy that looks JUST like him... but with blonde hair and green eyes! Funny what that Indian blood does, isn't it??

Well, y'all, need to take care of some stuff around the office. We're short staffed today and I'm barely running, myself. Hope you all have a gret day, and Kim, whatever is going on, you are in my prayers.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  07:50:17 AM  Show Profile
Kim praying

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  08:21:38 AM  Show Profile
Miranda I do love that proverb.
The perks of not working.
1. The oil furnace has not come on except at night when I did not get up to stoke my little wood stove for 2 days now.
2. Made a great pot of red beans, rhey simmered all day on the wood stove. They were creamy and tender. Yummmmm
3. No lousy early am commute.
Today I will see about putting some flyers out for my paralegal document production sevice.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  08:28:54 AM  Show Profile
praying Kim...

A couple of very wet days here in my part of the world. We are so far behind on rain, so I'm not complaining a bit!

We had some drama on the homefront. My son has been in a long term relationship with this sweet young lady (3 years) and they were engaged about 4 months ago. Holidays were fine, she spent them with us and was included in our family gift giving and games. New Years was fine. Then this last Sunday, she met with him and broke up. And began a new relationship on Monday, with a friend of my son, that she had been chatting with on the computer. (computer's can be a slippery slope sometime)My boy was hurt and angry, but he his handling himself like a gentleman. And I'm very shocked by her behavior, I wouldn't have thought her capable of such behavior, but like my son said, it was better to find out now instead of a few years into a marriage and have kids involved.Wise Young Man!

Well, I need to get my daughter focused on school, which means I need to focus too.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day...and we all come out of our moth cocoons ready to fly!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  10:15:19 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, good for your son. Much better now than later.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  11:50:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh Shanda, how sad!! he is so right though... my cousin's now ex-wife decided she found someone "better" after marrying him, and having two kids (which, he was always afraid to have children) and then she goes and leaves him, hooks up with new guy and just gave birth to another kid with the new guy! What really gets me, is that she's not a young girl, either. She's old enough to know better.

I think it's women like that who give the rest of us a bad name, but also make people think we're goddesses when we DON'T behave that way. Josh's best friend nearly peed himself when Josh told him he'd proposed to me, and Mike has never really liked any of Josh's girlfriends. I was kind of embarrassed by it, but Josh said "No one has ever been that good to me, before. You're actually NICE to me."

By the way... if any of you have not tried the little Snikiddy vegetable chips, you're missing out *nomnomnom*

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  7:23:34 PM  Show Profile
howdy girls,
just thought I would pop in before I have tea and good read before bed. It is rainy and foggy here today. I got a new phone today so son could have my old one since his no longer works. i do believe that child was having text withdrawals...I of course retorted that speaking face to face works just as well. He said I know mom...just saying it is easier to keep in touch with everyone...I was like ok...teenagers So I am trying to figure my phone out...I didn't get touch screen or smart phone I don't use all that stuff anyway...so the guy at the store ..bless his heart...found one that is liked by those like me...who just like simple...

I have not had as much time to play with my new camera but did figure a few things out. It was so sweet of hubby to get that for me for Chrsitmas..taking photos is becoming a bit of hobby with me

I am finally feeling more like me again although I did nearly have heart attack when I realized I was down to my last tin of tea...so I told hubby I was in need of a new stash...bless that man who loves me with all my things that make me tick...

well I have rambled here I do believe so off to make tea and read. I am reading Lady Emily Dare to Deceive...very good read so far

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  12:29:41 AM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies...

Tammy....is that the Tasha Alexander Book?
I love those books. In fact I need to go online and see if she has put out another one in the last year. I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and do you think I could remember her name for the life of me?

So glad that your hubby is all about making his woman happy.

Glad you found a phone you like. I am just the opposite...I like all the bells and whistles. I want a phone that does everything for me. I would be happy if they did housework too. LOL

Miss Miranda...you have all kinds of four legged children don't you?

Shanda...your son sounds like one smart kid. I have three sons and they always really struggled when relationships broke off. My middle son went into depression for one year when his fiance' broke off with him. And my youngest son, when his high school sweetheart broke off with him 2 yrs out of high school...he was a mess for 6 months. He lost a lot of weight, came to our home and slept on our sofa for literally 6 months. Even though he had his own apartment. Could not stand to be alone...he needed the comfort and support of family.

In many ways I think guys handle break-ups far worse than girls. At least mine seemed too. And it about broke this mothers heart to watch them go through all that.
So, kudos for your son...knowing that it is better to go through a little pain now...than more after marriage.
Very smart young man you've raised.

Cherime...so good to see you just jumpin on and off the Porch today. Amazing what a little free time does for one, huh? Knowing you we won't get to enjoy you on here so much after a little while. You will be out spreading your wings again and getting real busy. But for now...we are loven it!

Kimberly...I have been praying off and on all day for you. Hope God has you tightly by his mighty right hand.

Off to read and then to bed. Had bible study tonight. It was really great. First time back since Christmas.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  07:51:51 AM  Show Profile
haha! That furbaby is not mine in the picture. Although the one attached to this post IS indeed the infamous Cedric Newcomb.

We currently have two kitties, a rat terrier and two catahoula leopard dogs. We got Tessa about two weeks ago. I found out how she's been getting out of the yard, and I am just praying that she doesn't do it while we're at work today. The only other option at this point is to leave her alone in the garage, and I just don't think that's fair, since we'll be away till after 6 PM. She jumped the fence right in front of me last night and OH WAS SHE IN TROUBLE!!!

I made an AWESOME pot of beans last night... red beans and lima (butter) beans with a left over ham bone (and a lil meat) from Christmas. I used the gigantic dutch oven Josh bought me for Christmas so we'll have beans in the freezer for a while.

Well, it looks like we'll have another busy day today... we're short staffed and have 2 managers off, so I'm sure that we're going to be running around the office like wild women.

I will leave y'all with a smile since the folks at the local radio station left me with one this morning. As promised - Cedric Newcomb.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  4:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Thank you for the Birthday Card. I LOVE it. So exciting to get snail mail, especially when it is a fancy and fun card.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers. Please keep praying. My drama never seems to end. But God is GOOD. And He sustains me. All of your prayers support is such a blessing and then my wonderful friends here, surrounding me with prayer and helping me physically. I'm blessed indeed.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  11:45:51 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...you are Welcome! Hope you 40th Birthday is the Best One Yet!

Miranda...sorry about the kitty mix-up, but I love the picture of your kitty
in the drawer. So cute! Do you think we need to worry that we are starting an
electronic footprint of our four legged children? LOL

Judy...thanks for the Tea Swap List....my husband took you literally and made me 10 copies. LOL

Well...way too quiet on here today. I didn't do anything out of the usual today.

So, I am going to hop off here and get to bed early for a change. Nightie Night Girlies.

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  08:06:35 AM  Show Profile
Haha, Peggy, Newcomb is so darn cute (and not just cause he's mine!) I have to share him. He cracks me up! Last night, he was sitting on a chair in the living room, and hopped off and landed on a dog's squeaky toy... and it SQUEAKED this aweful, loud squeak and he LEPT up in the air and spun around mid-air and landed and raised a paw at it... and then got embarrassed when he realized I was laughing at him. SO he reared up and ran away insulted.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  08:22:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh gosh Miranda...I could so see that! Thanks for the laugh!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  08:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, I wish I'd had a video camera up a few weeks ago... I was sick in bed, laying with my head at the foot, for some reason... and he was sitting on the other side of the bedroom door, in the living room. He took one flying leap DIRECTLY at me and I screamed. He landed and smelled my nose like "Whyfor did you scream? I just come say hai."

And, he got a new hairdo from my big dog the other night... I had the laser pointer out and all the animals were chasing it... when they finally got tired of it, Newcomb went and sat next to Train, who reached down and bathed his head backwards... so priceless.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  5:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
Hope you have had a restful Sunday. I went to church and then family and I had breakfast at McDonald's and then came home to get ready for the week ahead and then took a Sunday afternoon nap. That was nice.

Peggy I am addicted to Lady Emily series. I read the first book and now I have started the second book a Poisoned Season. Oh they are good books. Love them. I read the first one in an evening got so caught up in the story I lost track of time.

Judy got my tea swap list...thank you mam

Bunny how is the homework coming

Happy birthday Kim hope you have a great one.

I got my tea this week and boy was I glad. It is really cold here and would hate to not have tea. So I was happy. Gotta have my tea.

well I am off to read a bit more and have some tea.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  6:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday!

Spent the day sewing on a pillow for a swap, I'm loving it so much I'm going to have a hard time sending it off! We didn't have church today, we called it off because of a mass flu out-break in the area. Our Pastor and his wife have actually be quarantined by their doctor and a great many families are all ill. The local school had sent home huge amounts of sick kids all week. Since I have been ill and am still trying to get better, I have been avoiding the flu sick people like, well like the plague! So when you say your prayers, please remember our area!
Miranda, thanks for your cat stories. We miss having a cat, and when we are in a home again (not an apartment) we look forward to getting a cat or two. No dogs though, I am not a dog person.
Kimberly, happy 40th! I turned 40 last year, and so far so good!
I had lunch with my son a couple of days ago. I know he sounds good on the phone, but there is something about looking into someones eyes that is so much better at gauging a person's mood. He seems to be doing well with the break up. I'm a big believer in goals, and always taught the kids to set goals, and it's paying off now, because he is focusing on his goals to graduate this spring and to go into the police boot camp.(which means he is working out too, also good for him) I know we will have a few more bumpy days here and there, but I'm so proud of my son! He is turning into quite the young man!
Well, I am going to sew on my heart pillow some more...wish I could show you, it's a sort of crazy-quilt type design with the most beautiful fabrics and I'm adding in the embroidery stitches now. Lovely! I really am going to have a hard time sending this, I'll have to make one for me!
Blessing to all!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page