Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  12:15:37 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...do NOT sign those papers girl! I know you won't...you are a smart cookie.
I can't even believe the nerve of that guy! Ha!
Will be praying for you on Monday.

Bunny...it is so funny that you tried to give Netty a new name. LOL ~ Hope school goes great for you. Praying for your Fibro pain and I'm glad you have had fun in your sewing room.

Judy...Oh, Dave gets an A++ for good husbandness! Nothing Like Roses In Winter...to brighten any girls mood.

Wendy...what are you knitting? Something for yourself or someone else?

Teacher Tammy... I am so sorry to hear that you have the flu. Not Fun girlfriend! But I am sure it was kind of a nice little break from work and the Butterflies will appreciate you so much more when you come back!!

Janet...do you have a problem buying all the cool things you find in your son's shop? I sure would.
I was a Gift Mgr. in one Christian Book Store and I probably spent 1/4th of my pay check in my own store. Ha Ha!

Kimberly...I don't have your birthday down either...when is it? I think it is cool that you are throwing yourself a party. One of the gals in my Bible Study just turned 70 and she through herself a party. And another one will be 40 this year and so she is throwing herself a party too.

On my 40th Birthday I told my husband that all I wanted was a Mother's ring. He didn't buy me one...so, I bought myself one. LOL

Hi Alyce...you and Ric get well too!!!

Judy...you didn't tell me the day of your mom's birthday. I kind of need to know that too. (+:

Well, today I went to my favorite antique mall and shopped. I had a gift card from my son for Christmas. Found some items I liked, but didn't spend all of my card...so, I will get another trip out of that card too.

Came home dead tired from my Chronic Fatigue hitting...and my husband said we had to turn right around and go back to Portland to have dinner with his son, and family. They were just coming through on a move.
So, we went to Olive Garden...had a wonderful visit and good food. Then I came home and catnaped in my recliner.

Still tired, still hurting and still hating the rain....but other than that LIfe is Good!

More tomorrow my sweet friends.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  08:23:21 AM  Show Profile
Cherime - don't let them intimidate you. Sign nothing.

Tammy - Sorry you've been sick. There's some nasty stuff going around. Took 2 months to get over it in this household.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! January 16th this ol' grey mare will be 40!!!!

I've got my one ton warming up. Going to take it into town for church just incase. I don't know how well they maintain roads and so after this last snow I want to make sure I've got four digger if I need it.

I've got a devotional I'd like to recommend for anyone interested. It's called Streams in the Desert by LB Cowman. If you are going through any kind of trial, which if you are breathing you probably are, it is soothing to the soul and faith building.

Have a Blessed Lord's Day.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  09:22:44 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, Happy Birthday! I too had to throw myself a party when I turned 50. I did have friends that helped though. Hope it is a fun day. They say life begins at 40.

Tammy and Alyce, so sorry you are sick. Get better soon! My mom said she was sick yesterday but I think is was because she was suppose to help clean the church and it was snowing. She is better today of course.

Today is my last day sewing for a while. I'm bummed. I really hope I can have at least one day for fun. We will see. I have enough downtime at school. I'll have to see how much homework I can get done between classes.

It snowed all day yesterday. I realized how much I loved the snow when I lived in the mountains. Here, not so much. Amazing how a change of scenery can change perception on snow. At least it is suppose to warm up to the high 40's durning day for the next week. But it will get worse. Freezing rain to come soon.

Later all, off to the sewing room.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  1:59:18 PM  Show Profile
OK...for those who want to send my mama a birthday card, her day is January 14th! Sorry Peg! *giggle*
Wow! So much sickness. I'm so sorry for yuns!Hubby says those flu shots only cover certain flus but can't cover all.Each year is a different blend too. He gives shots at work and at the local courthouse too, but I've never gotten one. I feel it's a 50-50% chance either way.He said children are the biggest carriers and if they all got a shot, most of it would be cut off. Dunno!
Hope ya'll feel better soon!
Hi Wendy,good to see ya!
Hey Peg, what did you find at the antique mall? Enquiring minds want to know! heeheehee
Kimberly...oh goodie, we have a chance to mail you a card. Could we have your home address and also your e-mail address?
I'm glad you have a "four-digger" if you need it too! ....I like that!!*giggle*
Thanks for the devotional recommendation. Sounds familiar!Isn't there a radio program called "streams in the desert?" hmmmm...
Bunny, I'm ready for some new snow. Ours is getting dirty and yucky! None in the forecast for awhile though. *sigh*
Well, we have our TeaSwap full. Now I can start on typing the list and get it out to you!
We're off and runnng! Watch for the list sometime this week!Check it to make sure all the info is correct.
Thanks!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  3:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year Everyone!

I have had a crazy couple of months, mostly fighting sickness and fibro. Missed some work, bills, and so on. But I really missed my farm sisters! I feel like I've been on an internet free Island! But the net is up and working, and I feel somewhat human again. So now I have tons of stuff to catch up on, but I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas season!

Love and Blessing y'all!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  5:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Well Judy let me tell you about my four digger. She's a beauty. A 2003 model that my Daddy just recently gifted to me. One ton, dually, Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins with six gorgeous gears to power shift my way through. She's a heavy duty work horse. I've decided she must be a Belgian (my favorite draft breed that my daddy and I horse logged with) and if I want it to move it WILL move. She'll hunker down and dig her toe nails in and scratch and whatever is behind is going to follow her. But I think there's a Thoroughbred hiding in there somewhere because she's got long legs and if you're in a hurry she likes to stretch them and jingle. If you're lucky you just might hear that little turbo whine. And the great thing is she'll do it with a load!!! Driving that truck is a joy for me and always makes me smile. It's my dream truck and I've wanted one for about 20 years!! I got her this summer and I still smile every time I look at her. She's my security blanket. I got her set up to carry a camper now I just have to find a camper I can afford and then I'll take my children camping the way I grew up doing it. Believe it or not she gets about 20mpg. So for a big truck she's pretty economical. I'm in LOVE. :) :)

I don't know about a radio program. Not familiar. But the book is AWESOME.

Again thank you for all the Birthday wishes. I hope you are right and life starts at 40 because mine seemed to end at 39. My email address is: Lieberkim73@gmail.com And my snail mail is: 20 Daniels Rd Prosser WA 99350. So now you can GPS your way to my party!!!! I just wanted to share what one friend emailed me when I sent an invite to my party. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I read it. Such words of praise are salve when you feel broken. "Happy Birthday! You have many reasons to celebrate yourself this year as life has not gone as planned in 2012 BUT you are courageous, tenacious and stubborn AND have certainly risen to the events of life." May I live up to what she sees.

After Church we took the kids out sledding. We're all tired now!!! Walking up the hill is tiring. Being a Northern girl I was able to take my children the farthest on their saucers. I know some tricks to the trade. ;) We all had fun and then came home to have some hot chocolate and relax. Think I fell asleep on the couch for a bit even. Hope you all enjoyed your Sunday too.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  7:29:07 PM  Show Profile
This is what I finished today... my last day in the sewing room for a while.

Here is a closeup of some of the pretty stuff.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  11:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchie Buds....

Bunny...what a beautiful and fun skirt. Love all the pretties on it. Nice Job...but then I would expect nothing but quality from you.

Kimberly...thanks for your address...now what is your last name?
Love your enthusiasm for your truck. You are a TRUCK GIRL THAT'S FOR SURE. You need one of those stickers that say: "Silly boys...trucks are for girls!"

Shanda...wow girl, long time no hear from. Hope you are doing well now. Seems like everyone has gotten that awful gold/flu thing.
Hope your Fibro is doing better. Bunny and I have really been bothered with ours too. And probably Judith and Teacher Tammy. We feel your pain girl.

Judy...thanks for your Mama's address! (+: That is funny about her living a Chapel Rd and now Church Rd.
Let's see, I bought a necklace for my 8 year old granddaughter that said "JOY". That is my favorite word and I told her that she is the Joy of my Heart. They are moving to Southern Oregon so she can attend a Farm School. The Farmers were ex-teachers but they missed it...so they started kind of an alternative school where children can learn about farm life. Sabby will learn to card wool, to spin it and to knit. I am sure that is just one area of farmlife she will get to participate in. Her mother homeschools her...but this school sounds just awesome for an extended and well rounded education.
I also bought some Vintage Valentine Cards and Hankies and that is about it.

Kimberly and Judy...Streams in the Desert has been around for years. It is a Radio Program too. But like Kimberly said...it is a great devotional for when you are going through those Desert Places in your life.

Cherime...I was hoping you would have been on here tonight to tell us how it all went today.

I had a Pajama day today. I got up and got dressed and took Snickers out for his walk. Then I came back home, got back in my PJ's and watched my Church Service on my phone. It was sooooo good! Nothing like doing Church in your PJ's in your Recliner. LOL Then I watched the Seattle Seahawks/Red Skins game. Yeah...our Seahawks won. Then I took a long nap. I was in pain and fatigue from the rain today. I got up and made hubby his sloppy joes that he just has to have every couple of weeks. I made me Pork chops and fruit salad with cottage cheese. Then I took a nice hot shower and here I am chatting with my girls. Oh, yeah...I had to cut my hair in a few areas where I didn't like how the gal cut it last week.
Now, it is better!

Well...that's my story and I am sticking to it. LOL

Iam off to snuggle in bed and read for awhile.

Hugs to my porch bugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  05:55:47 AM  Show Profile
Today Is the day that I am giving the new attorney the contract that I wrote. I am not going for anything else.
Kim, I understand about your truck. When we came to Alaska we came in two vehicles one of which was a 1 ton 1948 GMC with a Olds J2 V8 the same engine that the MP's were running in their vehicles. It had a brownie box that gave it 12 speeds forward and 3 in reverse. That old truck would climb over, pull anything. It was used to haul water tanks up the hills in the Nat. forest in California before we got it. I now own a Toyota Tacoma and it is a nice little truck. Just right for me at this point. I also want a camper.
Bunny, great stuff!!!!
I am proud as punch of my sis and BIL. They were the two experienced drivers who drove the survivors of that Oregon bush crash home. What you do not see in the video that is going around on the internet and was on tv is that my sister, Lyle, is sitting in a wheel chair and he is well over 70. Lyle lost a leg in a vehicle accident years ago. Still praying for those waiting for their loved ones to be identified for peace and strength.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  12:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies... I hate doing this, especially since I'm not here as much as I used to be... but I need some prayers. Josh's mom called last night, and mentioned that they had found a small, round mass in Ray's sinus cavity (Ray being Josh's father). He went in for a test today, and it appears to be cancerous. They're sending a sample off to Texas Tech to get more tests run and we should know more in a couple of days.

Josh and his Dad are really close, and Josh is his only blood son. It hurts badly enough for me to go through this, and I know the fear Josh is feeling right now.

Please say some prayers for my darling Josh and his family so that Pop may come through this and see us get married, and (God willing) his grandbaby/babies.

Thank you ladies... my prayers are also with all of you here, whether you need it or not (And I figure we all could use some!)

Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  12:13:55 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, I am sending prayers that everything goes smoothly and he will be cured.
Cherime, good luck with the new contract. I hope you get your way.
It is very windy here today, but coming from the south, so it is warm, 30 degrees. We are having another crazy mild winter, but that is okay, it is nice to see it light out a little later each day.
More later,
Jan

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  12:41:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi-ya Shanda, where ya been girlfriend? Everybody is slowly coming back from....out yonder somewhere....so glad to see these lost little chickies coming home to roost.
......somebody was just ringing my doorbell off it's ringer.....it was my Mama. She walked here to bring me a big tub of chili.Then she was walking to the grocery store. It's 40 degrees with a 33 windchill...and my mama is out walking! Accckkkk! She makes me look lazy! hahahahaha She said there were some icy spots she had to watch,but the cat needed cat litter. DH just took her some milk and bread before he went to work. She just wanted to get out,I could tell. Can't wait til my car is fixed tomorrow so we can go shopping together soon.(engine light came on) I told her if she gets lost in the store(newly remodeled and larger), or if she gets lost going home,to call me on her cell....I'll walk over and guide her. hahahaaha Too funny!
Kimberly, you could write a childrens book about your truck. Mama and I thought your explanation of it was great! Kids would love that!
After reading what your friend wrote about you...I think you and your truck are a perfect pair,...so much alike. I can see you hunkering down and digging in your toenails and tackling everything life has thrown your way! Yup...you are 2 of a kind!
Thanks for your addresses. I just love to send e-cards and I have sunscriptions to 3 different sites.So you'll be getting some soon! *giggle*
OOOOOOOOooooooo....sledding sounds like so much fun. It's been years!I'm tempted one of these days to go to our neighboring town and do that, even if I have to do it all by myself. heehee
Bunny, a tattered tablecloth skirt....what a cool idea. It's gorgeous! What size is it? It looks nice and long...34inches?
Peg, I spent my day in my jammies too. It was a dark,damp day and even spit out a little snow...the tiny stuff.
I love the sound of that farm school she's going to be attending. They teach a lot of great stuff. Makes me want to go back to school. *giggle* I love vintage hankies! I got some at a garage sale in my neighborhood this past summer.Delicate and dainty.
You are so funny. You pay to get your hair cut.....then come home and cut it again, yourself. hahaha Just cut it yourself like I do. You can do it! I know you can! *giggle*
Wow! Cherime, I'm proud of your BIL and Sister too! That's amazing! God Bless Them for their efforts!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  12:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, just missed you! Sent up Prayers for all of you!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  4:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, praying.
Thanks for being my cheering section ladies.
That new attorney tried to make me cave in but I would not do it. So I am now unemployed. My old boss who is still helping them get situated told me in the parking lot that he did not understand what he was doing. His problem he shot himself in the foot. My old boss, Jeff asked is he could call from time to time if he needed help I told him of course. He stated that he would be happy to pay for my time. That other guy even gave my 74 year old part time person a contract. I wrote all through it for her. I hope she finds something else.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  5:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
How are you today? I went back to school and butterflies today. I tell you I am flat pooped out after 4 days on the couch!I am pretty sure I will sleep well tonight. The butterflies were onry today though...I had to do some serious clippig of wings...they think they are on social vacation now...

Bunny that skirt is so darn cute...you always have such lovely pieces...I enjoy when you share them

Miranda sending prayers up

Peggy I did pajama day for 4 days I thought maybe today I better get dressed in my best wings for work...heheheh

well ladies I am off to make some tea and read a bit and then bed
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  7:07:46 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, prayers for Josh's dad. So scary. My nephew just came through testical cancer surgery. I know how scary the C word can be.

Cherime, glad you stuck to your guns. So sad that he didn't understand your value.

Judy, your momma sounds like a tough bird. I can only hope to do as well.

School is going to be tough again. Don't think there will be any day off for me. Each class calls for over 6 hours a week of homework. Plus I have two full days of classes one is to 6pm the other is to 9 pm. Plus I still have to work in the library. My sewing machine is going to get lonely for the next 11 weeks.

Thank you all for the positive words on my skirt. It took me 3 days to figure it out.

Later for now. Stay safe and healthy.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  7:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, glad you are feeling better and back to school. Hope things calm down a bit and the butterflies start settling down for you.
Cherime, glad you did not give in. You do not need that job that bad.
Bunny, yes, I also love that skirt!!!!! You are so very talented. Hope you sell lots soon.
Judy, your mom must have cabin fever and needed to get out while it was mild. Hope she made it okay. She probably felt refreshed after the walk.
have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  7:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow Bunny, that skirt is super sweet! My daughter would go gaa-gaa over it!

Miranda, prayers have been sent, keep us posted when you can.

It's good to be back. I had so much help while I was down, my family helped me with work, the kids helped around the house, and my Church help suport me in a special way. I knitted a bunch of scarfs, mostly ruffled scarfs, and my Church sisters bought them as quick as I could make them! We had a very nice Christmas! My fingers were flying 24/7! But one thing about knitting, even when your down, you can knit!

Well, hope y'all have a peaceful evening and Tammy, I hope your butterflies fly alittle straighter tomorrow!

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  8:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies! I wish I could say things are slowing down but it's quite the opposite unfortunately. Hopefully I can catch up with everybody. Work is extremely hectic now and the inventory didn't go well and it appears I'll now have to re-inventory everything by myself (sigh). My predecessor apparently didn't understand organization very well and things are everywhere making it that much more confusing. Things were tossed into the basement in various locations and nobody is sure what's all down there. That's on top of getting the quarterly and end of year taxes and paperwork done along with W2's for everybody. Lots of Excedrin Migraine and caffeine coming up.

Took everything off my tree Sunday. I assumed the man would take it out but lets just say it's still sitting where it has been and hasn't moved (grrr). I worked a bit on the paw print scarf Sunday but just wasn't in the mood so I sat back and watched the video New In Town. Excellent movie if you haven't watched it. Before I plopped in my recliner I did take the dogs out for a nice long walk :O) I needed to feel somewhat productive lol Actually I was pretty productive but it was just earlier in the day.

Sorry to hear so many of you are sick with various illnesses. I'm hearing the flu is really bad this year. Several in Minnesota have died from it so they're really pushing the flu shot, which I never get. One of our board members was hospitalized twice with it developing into pneumonia. Thankfully he's feeling much better. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

We had a heat wave today - it got up to 30 today LOL It was beautifully sunny out despite the cold temps. Actually the warmer weather started making me think about our trip to Puerto Rico in March and the fact I need to start buying some clothes to take with. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but the man's company is sending the managers and spouses/significant others down for 7 days all inclusive. 2 days are travel days, 3 days they have 1/2 day meetings and then the other 2 days we'll have for sightseeing and such. To sweeten it up even more they're giving us a $1000 room credit to use any way we wish. I was absolutely floored to find out that some actually spend nearly the entire amount on alcohol! I'd rather get a massage and do sightseeing trips then waste that much money on alcohol. I also need to come up with somebody or somewhere to take the dogs. I dread to think what kenneling them for probably 9 days will cost. I've never been separated from them that long. Has anybody been there before? Well my sentences are becoming disjointed so I'd best get some sleep. Stay healthy everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  01:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Miss Miranda...I was on here earlier and read a couple of posts.
I will keep Josh's father in my prayers. We all hate to hear the "C" Word but God is bigger than even that! Praying for complete healing for him if it is God's will. Also, keeping Josh, you and all other family members in prayer too.

Hi Janet...we were having wind and rain here today. Our weather got up into the high 40's which was nice.

Judy...good for Mama getting out there in the Fresh Air and walking. She was probably feeling cooped-up and just needing a change of scenery.

I told you that I cut my hair myself but then every fourth time or so...I go have it professionally done (for a treat for myself...as I love having someone shampoo my hair for me, that is my favorite part. lol)...and Yes, sometimes...I still need to correct their cuts when I get back home. Hee Hee! That is what happens when you use to cut hair for a living. You get pickie and no one can really do it right. LOL

Cherime...we are so proud of you girl for sticking to your own terms! Good for you!
That new attorney is probably going to find himself with No employees. But that is his tough luck!
Praying for you...I know it won't take you long to find something you will really enjoy.

Teacher Tammy...you just keep clipping those wings as often as you need to.

You were probably sick of Pajama Days after four days. I would have been too.
But I love at least one pajama day per week.
Hope you sleep well tonight dear friend.!!
Sweet Dreams!

Bunny...wowsie girl it sounds like you have a boat load of homework with those classes. We are going to need to throw you a life-preserver a couple times a week...just so you don't drown in all of it. I think your sewing room, your mama and your Porchies are going to get lonely for the next ll weeks.
Don't kill yourself working too hard. Take a break for yourself a couple times a day. Remember ALL work and No Play makes for a dull girl.

Shanda...we are glad that you are back to. That is so neat that you knit those
ruffled scarfs and then sold them to your Church friends.
I have made about four of those. They are so pretty. Nice that you had all the support from friends.

RFM Tammy...wow your work still sounds really hectic and crazy. Are you sure you don't want to go with your old boss? How did her going away party turn out?
Wow...lucky you getting to go to Puerto Rico in March. That sounds like it is going to be a really nice trip. You will have to tell us all about it...when you get back.

Well, girls today was kind of a quiet one.
Went to Barnes and Noble for awhile with DH, then my son Shane wanted me to go with him to look for pictures for his new office. He bought me lunch while we were out. We must have gone to six different stores. Then I came home, took a one hr. nap and then watched Alabama slaughter the Fighting Irish (who didn't do much fighting at all). What a terribly one-sided game. It wasn't even fun to watch.

OK...off to bed it is already one thirty am.

More tomorrow....
hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 08 2013 01:28:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  07:17:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the prayers... Josh got home and I could tell he'd been crying, or coming close, anyway. He's really torn up over this. I will definitely keep everyone updated. I've only had to deal with cancer in my family twice - at the same time - and it was so difficult. I know I have to be strong for Josh, and I hate to admit that it's kind of hard. I've become close with his father. But, I am doing my best to stay strong and not break down in front of him.

I will let you all know when we hear more. Even if it is cancerous, I have known a few people to make full recovery from that sort of cancer, and I know I must have and keep my faith.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  09:41:00 AM  Show Profile
Miranda, what a painful thing to go through. I will be praying for Josh's Dad. Do keep us updated.
Bunny, your sewing always amazes me. Such talent and skill. I'd LOVE to wear some of your creations.
Cherime, disappointing I'm sure but maybe this is the catalyst that will lead to new and better things for. Proud of you for sticking to your guns. Never give in and never give up.
Judy, you scare me. :) My life long dream is to write. I even took a writing course for children's stories. The instructors always said I was a natural. Just have never actually done anything and had it printed. It's like it has never been the right time. But I have so many stories in my mind rolling around waiting to be released. Maybe someday you'll see my name in print. If you do it will be my maiden name. I decided a long time ago that I would use that name as my writing name. Kimberly D. Hein aka KDH. I also want to write adult books. I'm no Francine Rivers and never think I will be but I have some stories that need to be told. One is my Great Grandmother's. I'm just not ready yet. I'm still learning from life so that I can write her story with the heart it deserves. Maybe Francine and I could team up!! :P Wouldn't that be something, co-writing my Great Grandmother's story with an author of that magnitude. Ah, well all pipe dreams I'm sure.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  10:08:25 AM  Show Profile
Kim, thanks. I am going to take it easy for a bit and see what develops. But the guy has a real control problem and I am glad to be free of it.
On the matter of writing. That is something that I have wanted to do for a very long time. I actually have two books I have finished and I had one short story accepted to a magazine that was starting up here which unfortunately closed before the story was published. I have been looking into Smashwords on the internet. With ereaders becoming the big thing there is more and more need for content. I am going to seriously explore this now that I have the time to do so.
Bunny, you do great stuff. I really enjoy seeing what you are producing. I tried some Etsy stuff without success. I suppose that is another thing to work harder on.
Peg, I absolutely was not giving in to his pressure tactics. I do not need the stress at all.
Blessings all I am about to immerse myself in a how too book on smashwords.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  8:38:38 PM  Show Profile
Miranda - Sorry I missed about the cancer issue. How horrible. Will keep you and Josh in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure it's going to be hard on everybody. Seems so many people are getting diagnosed with it recently.

PeggyAnn - Still working on following my director. She just started last week so she has to get the job reopened again and have the board figure out pay, benefits, and all that stuff so they can post it. Just in case that doesn't pan out I am watching the ads for positions. Now that I have QuickBooks experience it should be easier. You are so lucky to have a book store. It's the biggest thing I miss. Not a single book store in town (sigh).

Cherime - Sounds like you have a lot of things you can work on and hopefully several if not all will work out for you. Wishing the best for you.

Sitting here relaxing with a cup of Chocolate Raspberry Truffle tea. I stayed at work until nearly 7 tonight getting the quarterly taxes done. I was so excited when Mary Jane's Glamping book was delivered to the office first thing this morning. I've started having a lot of my stuff delivered right to work. What a way to start the day and know that I could curl up with it after I got home:o) I also received "The Girl's Guide to Camping" from the paperbackbookswap. Lots of camping/glamping reading to do this week. Just took the dogs out and it's almost balmy even though it's about 30 out. There's a breeze that actually feels warm although gusts have been up to 40 mph today. The night sky looks so vivid and crisp and the stars are so bright. I love the sky here - it is so beautiful. We had a small squall this afternoon but fortunately it did nothing more then coat everything. Makes everything pretty and white again lol. Roads were apparently pretty slippery though so I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere. Tomorrow night I'm attending my first Zonta meeting. Zonta is an international women's group that helps women here and in other countries. If I like what I see and hear then I'll join. At least it will get me out to meet other business women in the area and help me network a little and hopefully make friends. They're having a dinner and some type of presentation so it should be a good night to get an idea what they're about. Both my director and the gaming admin assistant that I work/ed with are members. Well my cup of tea is gone and I need to get some much needed sleep. Night everybody :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  12:21:21 AM  Show Profile
wow girlies...it is quiet on The Porch today.

Everyone must be getting over those colds and flu.

Today was another lazy day for me. Went to the Bookstore again today with DH.
I would hate to live anywhere with no bookstore. I would go NUTS! I have to
surround myself with them or I would not feel complete. I love books!!!

Then went to my sons office and helped him hang up a picture, two metal art pieces,
and a clock. Now all he needs is one five foot long picture and his office will be
all decorated. It looks so much better already.

Came home and worked on Mail Art. Got that all finished and ready to go out tomorrow.

Now, taking Snickers out for his last time before bed. Then off to read.

Hugs and Joys,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page