Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  12:39:45 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....

I just can't get over how quiet it is on The Porch. You girls must think it is too cold to sit out
here. LOl But really that is the wonderful thing about having a virtual porch...it is always just the
right tempt.

Janet...Wowsie, you really do have a lot of nice stuff you have made. And to think that this year you need
a double space. You must work your little fingers to the bone all year long. Your items are so nice and neatly displayed. That does make a big differece!

Tammy...I am glad that you don't walk Jax or yourself on the highway. Smart Girl!!! That is great that you
have a place to go walk in between school and home. I walk about a mile everyday, unless it is raining then
it is much less. I know it is good for me ...but with the Arthritis and Fibro in my feet...there are days
that I question my own sanity. I have really good Niki walking shoes but that doesn't even really make a difference. And again the colder weather makes it worse. I just push myself...because I do not want to end up bed ridden like my sister was.
Well, I hope you and hubby had a nice date night.
I hear you... about killing each other over projects that don't get done at your pace. Ha Ha!

Cherime...The Stuff Animal Carausel is cute! Love those Angry Birds! I would really love to see your
jewelry close up. Jewelry is my obsession. I have way more than any one woman could wear in a life
time. Most of it is costume but I have a few really nice pieces of good jewelry my husband and kids have bought me over the years. When I worked, I wore it all alot more than I do now. I tend to stick to a
few favorites and rotate them with what I am wearing. But I can not go past a Jewelry counter or display
without stopping and looking. (+:

Ok...I guess I shouldn't complain about cold seats in my car, because I don't have to deal with -15 degrees
when I go to start up my Sassy Bug. You could use some seat warmers girl!!!

Janet...you should try to get hubby back out there walking the mall with you. We have a small gym right here in our Apartment Complex but neither of us have even stepped inside of it. I prefer walking out in the
fresh air. Mainly because I always have my phone with me and I take pictures of Nature things I like.
The last few days I have taken some cool pictures of toadstools. I will have to post them, once I transfer them off my phone onto the computer.

This morning I got up, walked the dog, then ate some breakfast and stayed at the table working on my
Bible Study Lesson. My son called and he had a House Signing to do and his fiance had taken both sets
of car keys with her, when she went to work to do an apartment signing. So, he needed me to rescue him...
which I gladly did. Then on the way back home I stopped off at Fred Meyer Dept. Store and did a little
Christmas Shopping. I picked up a gift for my Aunt...because I always give her, her Christmas Gift on
Thanksgiving Day...when we all eat together, so I don't have to mail it to her. Have to save on that postage as much as possible. Then I got a Holiday Shirt but when I tried it on tonight it is too small
and will have to go back tomorrow. And I got a purple velvet christmas stocking for an MJF Swap...that I need to fill full of goodies. It is usually the only swap I do during the Holidays.

Then I came home and through a potroast in...with tons of yummy veggies. Usually I just put carrots, potatoes, and onion in my potroast but today I was a veggie fool. I also added cauliflower, zuchinni, sweetpotatoes, and red peppers. It all tasted sooooooooo good. And the roast just fell apart it was
so tender. And it made the best gravy with all those veggie & meat juices co-mingling. Boy did the house smell good, when I was trying to take a nap it was hard to sleep. LOL

Tonight I did my nails. I had bought some new silver glittery nail enamel for the Holidays and just had
to try it out to see how it was going to look. Very Pretty! There was a pretty purple glitter I think I
will go back and get too. ~ Then I watched some dudley TV and knit. So...that was my day in a nutshell.

Don't know if I will make it to Church tomorrow or not. It is suppose to rain all day. But I will watch it
on "live stream" on my computer if I can't get my body out of the house because of the weather.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Lord's Day!

Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 11 2012 12:46:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  09:32:55 AM  Show Profile
We have Christmas Music on our local station today. hahahaaha I'll listen to it for awhile then give it a rest. hahaha
Bringing you the "Patsy Travel Report"........left home at 7 AM and took a break about 10. She just called from KY and they
are getting out to walk again. Just about ready to drive across into WVA. Making good time. *grinning like a ninny*
That's all for now folks!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  10:19:55 AM  Show Profile
......oh...did I mention that it's 66/sunny/breezy today? Ya....Seasons Greetings! hahahaha
If it's this nice all over the East, it'll be great for Patsy's trip today!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  2:44:19 PM  Show Profile
Patsy Travel Update: she just called at 5:30 to say that she's only 45 minutes away. Yeaaaaaa!!!
I can feel the warm&fuzzy "French-Hugs" already! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  5:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Enjoy ladies!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  01:04:13 AM  Show Profile
Judy...loved the fun coffee/tea/drink card. I had fun finding out what kind of person I am by
what I drink. It was pretty spot on. Well, you two Sisters have fun together. I am sure Patsy is there
and you are staying up late talking and laughing. Enjoy! But don't forget to check in and share
with us once in awhile.

Netty...I'm not sure of a Special Christmas Moment, other than the year my brother who was 5 decided
to open all the presants during the middle of the night to see what everybody got. Then when he was
all done he thought he might get in to trouble in the morning...so, he decided he would try his best
to wrap them all back up. Except he couldn't find any scotch tape...so he went out to the garage and got the
bailing wire (we lived on a farm). So, in the morning it was obvious what had happened but mom and dad
really didn't punish him...because it was so stinken funny: Imagine watching my dad open up a pretty nightie, and my mom getting dolls and us girls getting boy things for Christmas. LOL My family has laughed over that for many many years.

About 23 yrs ago...my husband and I decided to go home to visit my family in Spokane for the Holidays and so we bundled the kids all up and started our trip in the late evening. We always have loved to travel at night.
Mainly because the kids would eventually fall asleep and we didn't have to keep listening to "Are We There Yet?". For some reason we decided to take a more scenic route and go over White Pass because it was a way we didn't normally go to get to Spokane. Well, it started snowing really hard as we went over the Mountain...and we were the only car on the road. It was kind of hard to tell where the road was...so we had to go very slowly. My husband is
an excellant driver...so I wasn't worried. I knew he would get us there eventually. But as I looked out over the Mountain The Trees were heavily frosted with snow and it was all just sparkling beautifully in the Moonlight. It looked like a picture
postcard of a Currier and Ives Snow Scene. It was just Magical! My husband and I sang "Silent Night" together...as it just was the right song for that picturesque night. I still recall that night
each and every Christmas...and I don't think I have ever experienced anything more breathtaking in my life, before or since then.

Well hope you get to feeling better Netty! And thanks for getting us
to walk down "Christmas Memory Lane"!

Sweet Holiday Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 12 2012 01:13:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  08:12:27 AM  Show Profile
Silent Night is my favorite Christmas song but I love them all.
Netty, up here almost everyone gets the change of season crud. Mostly because the dry heat messes with sinuses like no body's business.
My DD's stuffed animals have felt eyes for the most part sewn on firmly so little teeth won't get little throats and tummies in trouble. All the eyes she uses are sewn on firmly. When I took the picture the lovely sea horse was already gone.
On the jewelry, here you are. I tend to industrial and steampunk stuff.
the really long dangle one are not really as heavy as they appear. I try to keep earrings light as I have pierced ears and know how heavy stuff can hurt.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  6:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Netty the spiral earrings with the little hearts are only about an inch and 1/2 long including the ear wires. The others are much longer. I make shorter ones just for that reason. Glad that you do like them. Photos do make it hard to tell sizes. I have been working on the display most of the day. Changed a few things around.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  6:38:30 PM  Show Profile
I have not been on here since Saturday. Been sewing for 2 days, got alot of aprons made, now tomorrow I just need to do the finishing touches and then I am done with my sewing for awhile again. The sale is next weekend, we set up Wednesday before Thanksgiving, so I need to get going on pricing everything and filling up my crates to get ready to haul.
It rained yesterday all day, 51 degrees. Today it snowed and was only 21 for the high. Right now it is in the teens, even colder with the wind chill. I have been watching Christmas movies on Hallmark channel, so it is kind of putting me in the mood.
I will try to catch up with all of you tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  12:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...thanks for giving us some close-ups! Very unique designs sister. The first necklace reminds
me of Steampunk Jewelry (with a clean-line twist). Very Nice!

Netty...hope you are feeling better. I am so glad to be over that crud.

Janet...Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!! That will put anybody in a Christmas mood.
Sounds like you have been sooooooo busy the last couple of days. Getting all that Mrs. Santa's
workshop goodies priced and packed up will take you awhile too. Good luck on your sales!!!

Today, hubby and I got out and went to The Bookstore, Then out to lunch, then I took him home and I
went and got my locks cut professionally this time. I found a gal who is new at the Shop I go to...
and she is the first one where I haven't come home and redid my "DO". She did an amazing job...and
instead of using thinning shears (which I hate!) she actually was proficient with a razor. I could
have hopped off the chair and kissed her. Instead I gave her a good tip! LOL
After getting my hair done, I did a little bit of Christmas shopping and when I hit the wall about 3:00
(chronic fatigue)...I came home and took a nap. Everyone seemed in a really good mood today...and there
was actually that Holiday feel in the air. It was Nice!

I bought two books today to help get me in the real spirit of Christmas...1.The Gifts of Christmas/Chicken Soup for the Soul and 2.An Advent Book by Dietrich Bonhoffer (don't know if I spelled that right or not)
called God In A Manger. I have started the first one and like always I am never dissapointed by the Chicken Soup for the Soul books.

OK...off to read my Novel. Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  09:08:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Got my layers on this morning...it's 39 and sunny. Thank goodness for sun. haha
Taking some time out of sissy-time to drop you a few lines.We are doing lots of hugging and giggling and chatting! lol
Cherime, Love the idea of a carousel just so people don't reach behind and knock things over.That's cool. You've got some great things there.
Netty, you poor thing. So sorry that you feel so punk. No fun being achy and miserable. Hope that stuff is gone soon. What a great memory for you and your Mom,watching snow fall together....mother&daughter...at the window. I tend to romanticize things I guess. *giggle*
My favorite holiday memories tend to be many. Sights, smells and sounds. Snow falling, birds at the feeder eating the homemade suet Mom put out for them,cookies baking in the oven and the house smelling heavenly when we came in from school, the smell of the tree and the way the bulbs smelled when they were lit,Moms big stereo playing Christmas 33 1/3 albums with her doing her thing in the kitchen making everything Merry&Bright! THAT was Christmas at our house!It Was Wonderful!!! I have no favorite song because I enjoyed them all...Gene Autry,Andy Williams, Bing Crosby,Burl Ives,Perry Como,Nat King Cole,the Ray Coniff Singers,Dennis Day(Christmas Is For the Family may have been my favorite of his songs and worth mention)Favorite movie(s)White Christmas,Scrooge-1951 with Alistair Sim and The Muppets Christmas Carol(Scrooge) with Michael Caine,just for the giggles...Oh and The Nutcracker with Barishnikov(sp)just because of hte mucic and I love ballet.
Peg, I can just see that picture thru your eyes. Thank you for sharing that beautiful scene.
Isn't it fun to get your hair cut professionally once in awhile if only because the massage and the fussing.It's relaxing!
Peg, you got some good reads there!
K Gals, catch you later!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  09:57:57 AM  Show Profile
Sorry everyone but I just can't get into the Christmas mood anymore. I can't spend it with my kids and well, mom is just a bore. No one buys presents anymore (not that she ever did). I get a bit depressed and just want to hide in my sewing room. last year I was working and in so much pain I really didn't care. I'm thinking I might try to help out serving dinner somewhere. It would be a better use of my time. We'll see. But Christmas was always special even if we couldn't afford presents. I'm thankful I get to at least spend Thanksgiving with my oldest. My youngest has to work. I hate that retail puts profit before people and family.

Anyway, enough doom and gloom. School is doing well. I'm keeping up and figure I have at least 3 A's and 2 B's. The library is great to work in except for all the up and down. My knees are taking a beating. But it is pretty low key otherwise. Mom is headed for Utah on Sunday so I'll have about 2 weeks to myself.. yea! I'll still be doing homework most of the time.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone stays safe and warm and healthy!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  10:06:50 AM  Show Profile

Our first skiff of snow came but it didn't slow my flowers down any!!! They're still blooming like winter is never going to come!!!

I LOVE Christmas. Love it. Christmas for the gift of our Lord, Easter for the gift of His salvation. Christmas is extra special somehow because it is just so magical. I remember one winter sitting in my parents house and the one side is all windows. There was a heavy snow fall falling. The kind where the snow flakes are big enough to fell a cow. And I was looking outside at the winter wonderland when I saw a buck and some does (white tail) grazing on our lawn. It was the most peaceful thing watching them out in the snow eating while the fire was burning brightly within and I remember thinking, this is a gift straight from heaven. It was the kind of picture you'd see on a Christmas card and I got to see it in the living, breathing version and even be in it.

My favorite Christmas songs are to many to mention them all but I do love Little Drummer Boy, Stille Nacht, Away in a Manger, SilverBells.....well you know, all of them!!! And I am hooked on Christmas movies. As soon as Christmas is anywhere near I am watching Christmas movies.

Things are happening here. I was able to have a good talk with my hubby. No we didn't work out all our problems but atleast we talked and I think a bridge is being built between us. We just have to keep praying our way through it, step by step. The wonderful news is he went to Church with us and even to the evening event which was a thanksgiving dinner. We even went and visited some friends of mine as a family. It was a glorious day. Not because we didn't anything huge but just because of the attitudes and actions of the day. Praise God. I'm hoping it's not a one time thing but that it grows. Thank you for your prayers, please don't stop. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  11:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Thought I would share these pictures for fun. This is what I hope to live in someday. When I get a job, all my money will be saving up for this. My son says he can build it for me. I will just need a place to park it. It will cost about $40,000 to have him build it. That will included a full bathroom (sawdust composting toilet), washer dryer combo and a skinny apartment fridge. I plan on also having satellite internet and cable.

If you really want to drool over some cool tiny houses, check out these sites:
www.tinytexashouses.com

www.reclaimedspace.com

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  12:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I've seen those tiny houses. Some of them are really well thought out and designed. The one you showed pictures of looks like a gypsy trailer from way back. Very cute. Where are you going to put all your crafts and sewing??? At this stage in my life I can't imagine living in something that small but I think as you hit different stages different things appeal. My parents have a motorhome which my Dad says he'd be completely content living in but then he is a bit of a gypsy soul!! :)

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  1:48:08 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, I'm going to have to downsize big time. I have over 200 bolts of fabrics left over from my quilt shop that I'm trying to sell. I also have most of my furniture in storage in Calif. and plan on just selling most of it or giving it to my sons if they ever get a place of their own. I have been faced with homelessness and may face it again if I don't get through school and get a job in the next year or so. It is very scary and a home like this would solve that problem.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  1:49:07 PM  Show Profile
This gypsy wagon is actually a bed and breakfast inn in France. They have a bunch of these all over the place for people to stay in.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  4:09:14 PM  Show Profile

My children going to do chores in the morning. The horse sweater my daughter is wearing was made for me when I was little. I remember being so excited while it was being made.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  6:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Kim, what a cute picture of your children. That sweater is darling. I am sure she loves it as much as you did. How nice to still have flowers blooming. Our ground is frozen here, and nothing is growing. Now we must wait until April or May to see anything pop up out of the ground. When everything comes back to life.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  12:50:24 AM  Show Profile
Judy girl...glad you took a sissy-break and hopped on here to give us a little update. I am sure you guys are having a fabulous time.
What did Patsy think of Mama's new place?
Did she appreciate all that painting of your rooms? I bet she didn't even give a hoot or a holler. LOL She came to see YOU not your fresh paint.

Your Holiday Memories were very special. Thanks for sharing them. My mom baked alot too at the Holidays (much more than I ever did). I would bake just one or two batches of my favorite things. But I remember my mom baking for a couple of weeks straight. And she had these really huge tin cans
(bigger than the Holiday Tins of Popcorn). I don't know where she got them as I have never seen any that big before. But she had a couple of them...and she would fill those full of all kinds of wonderful cookies and candies. It always smelled great at our house when she baked up a storm like that.

Hi Bunny Girl...glad you are still lurking.
I feel terrible that you can't get into Christmas...but I certainly understand why. I think though even if I was all alone I would still decorate for Christmas and play lots of Christmas Music and try to make my surroundings festive.
And I would try to find someone even more down and out than me...and do something (anything really) to help make their Holiday better.
It is always in the giving (no matter how little) that we are lifted up and encouraged ourselves.

I love that little Gypsy House. That is one of the Cheeriest Tiny Houses I have seen. They really are adorable and I think I could totally live in one of them too. IF it was only me. Plus I think you have to be a very organized person to live in one of those and I am. I totally get everything having it's own place and purpose. ~ I think that would be cool to have your son build you one of those for you. And $4,000 dollars is not bad at all. Then you'd have to get yourself a little smart-car ...so you would have a tiny car to park in front of your tiny house.

Kimberly...those flowers still look beautiful even with the snow on them.

Loved your Christmas Memory.
Very Special when you get to be part of the Christmas Card Scene!

Your two kids look so adorable out walking to do the morning chores. Love the Horse Sweater. Did your mom make it?
I bet your daughter thinks it is pretty awesome too.
I also love how they are holding hands as they walk. So cute!

Janet...our temps would really have to drop to get to freezing. Right now as I type at 12:44 am it is still 54 degrees out. Makes the Apt. so warm...that I am sweating most of the time...just wearing a T-Shirt and Jeans.

Well girls. I finished knitting another gift tonight. I don't plan at this point to make any other Christmas Gifts...the rest will be store bought or gift cards.

Iam tired tonight...no nap today. My husband had another dizzy spell/and vomiting. I walked him back to bed. His health is just not that good. He is beginning to have lots of small issues besides his bigger health issues. Getting OLD is NOT FUN!

So, I will bid you all goodnight and sweet dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 14 2012 12:59:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  08:50:11 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, it will cost $40,000.00 to built that little house. Not $4,000.00. Still cheaper than anything other than a mobile home in a park with a space rental.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2012 :  01:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...I liked my figures better didn't you? LOL Wow, how could those little things cost soooooo
Much??? That is crazy! But like you said cheaper than a Mobile Home on a lot.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2012 :  1:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, consider the cost of a new RV made with cheaper materials. You can easily pay that and more. The tiny houses I'm looking at have real wood, insulation for cold climates and your own furniture instead of the generic RV decorating. Plus they are custom made. I could do it for half if my son builds it for me if I don't include solar right away.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  12:14:39 AM  Show Profile
Quiet On The Porch...

I can hear the Wind blowing it is so deathly quiet! If it weren't for Bunny, Netty and Janet...I would feel
like I was talking to myself!! LOL Thanks girls for keeping me company.

This morning My youngest son and I went shopping. We were looking for Thanksgiving type food. Even though we are going out for dinner both families want some left overs to enjoy. I think I will probably cook my small turkey up earier in the week and then have it all ready so all I have to do is heat up left overs that night. We were listening to Christmas Music and it was sunny and bright outside...so much so that I felt like we were listening to Christmas songs in March or April. But when we did get out of the car...the East Wind was blowing and it was bitter cold outside. It felt right but look wrong...if you know what I mean. LOL

Came home and tried to take a nap but it was one of those days that I had to fight inbetween interuptions to get any rest. First the Maintenance guy came by to bring me a battery for the smoke alarm. I asked that he just leave it at the door and I would put it in myself. He forgot and pounded on the door...then laid it on the threshold and left. I just fell back to sleep and my husbands alarm clock went off...and he wasn't even home. So, got up and shut it off and went back to lay down...then just fell asleep and 2 mothers and their children decided to talk and visit right outside my door. Grrrrrr!!! OK...I just gave up and got up. It just wasn't meant to be I guess.

Had Bible Study tonight. The gal who Hostesses it got sick so we had to change meeting locations but that all worked out fine. We had a really good evening together. It was fun, the fellowship sweet and the study very convicting.

Well...I am going to hop off early and try to get to bed earlier tonight. My gal who does my floors and bathrooms comes in the morning.

Hope everyone is busy getting their Thanksgiving Plans all arranged. In all the hustle and bustle...don't forget to Count your Blessings and Remember The Giver of All those Gifts. He is Who we should be most Thankful for.

Love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 16 2012 12:21:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  07:59:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
A minute in the porch. I really need one. Someone pass me the tea. I need a good cup of tea. Here are some brownies. I hope you all like chocolate. LOL

I get to pick up my spinning wheel today. Woo Hoo! I am so excited. That is part of what has been keeping me busy. I have lots of alpaca to clean and card so it will be ready to spin.

Also my friends Jennifer and Kirstan decided they wanted to do some craft shows this Holiday Season. Guess who got drafted to help? LOL It has been a lot of fun. It is interesting to see what sells and what does not. People will buy what they love. No matter the price. We have been very big on touch it feel it try it on. That more than anything seems to sell the hand crafted items. we have a mirror for people to see how they look in the scarves, hats, and other items. Lots of fun!! Who does not like to try on one of a kind items?

I will never get caught up so I am just going to jump back in. I have been praying for all of you even if I do not get a chance to sit and chat.

I did read back over a few pages. Cheime I love the Jewelry. I love the long dangly earings.

Janet you have been so busy. You have a wonderful display.

Bunny enjoy your time. Don't do homework all the time.

Kimberly I love Christmas time too. I love the music, the lights, the joy. It is a busy time but fun.

Kids are coming in so I better get off the porch and get to work.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page