Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  11:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello!

I have been reading along and praying for everyone, just too wiped out to post. Ric's stomach flared up again, so y'all can guess where my energy is going.

Happy November!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  1:55:34 PM  Show Profile
]Ladies,
I have a some things ready to sell for the craft fair. Brown sugar /vanilla sugar scrub -2.50. White sugar /pepermint sugar scrub-2.50. Snowman jars and melted snowmen 1.00.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Nov 05 2012 2:13:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  3:03:20 PM  Show Profile
CUTE! What's in the jars?

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  4:12:24 PM  Show Profile
There is sugar scrub in the jar
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  5:13:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ruthie -

Do you sell the sugar scrubs on-line anywhere? I'm too far away to go to Indiana to buy some!!!! It sounds yummy.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  5:52:45 PM  Show Profile
Luanne,
Thank You for your interest. Yes my daughter has it on her esty account.www.esty.com/shop/Just4YouCreation
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  7:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie, those are really nice items that you are selling. So reasonable too. Are you making any money on them? Wishing you good luck and hope you sell out!!!
Alyce, Sorry to hear Ric is still having tummy troubles. I know how stressful that can be. Sending prayers that he gets better and you get some much needed rest.
My body does not want to adjust to the time change yet. It usually takes almost til we do it again!!!! LOL!!!
Well, I am off to bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  01:45:40 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...you also reminded me of the time when we didn't have a young woman to play Mary Jesus
Mother in the Christmas Play...so, I got drafted...I was 43. I don't think I looked anything
Like a 14-16 yr. old. The only thing I had going for me was I was petite. LOL
All three of my sons over the years played Wisemen. I have some really great pictures of them.
I don't think we ever had a girl as a wiseman though.

Our current Church does a Live Nativity all through December and we have done that every year for
the last 5 yrs I believe. We have a real baby for Jesus and a lot of live animals including a
big Camel. It is always really embraced by the Community.

Ruthie Ann...I love the melted snowman ornament. So Adorable. The Jar snowmen are cute too. I think you
are selling them way to cheap though. At those prices you ought to sell everything you have made easily.

Alyce...so sorry to hear that Ric is still having stomach problems. Hard on both of you I am sure.

Janet...I am with you girl, my body did not want to adjust at all to the time change today...even though
we got an hour extra sleep. I have flet like a slug all day today.

OK My Porchies...off to bed, it's almost 2:00.

I'm dreaming of a White Thanksgiving,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  07:50:47 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie, I think you just made my holiday shopping easier!

Janet and Peggy, were either of you able to rest? Praying we all adjust soon!

Ric asked me to make my double-stuffed pasta shells for him to take to lunch; I asked him three times if he was sure because I make 'em spicy! He insisted, so I cut back on the spices. Spicy food on a bad stomach? Don't know what to do with that man some days....

Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  10:44:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey All! Crank up the wood stove here on the porch! BRRR!

It's been a while since I've checked in, and I'm going to go back through and see how everyone's been. In the meantime, I'll give an update..

1-Celebrated 10th Anniversary with DH with a fantastic trip to New Orleans!!
2- Going BACK to New Orleans the end of this month because my DH was awarded with National Youth Sports Coach of the Year! Flight, lodging and meals provided! SWEET!
3- Have had the WORST head cold I've had in YEARS! Got a z-pack and I'm not sure it killed it all just yet.
4- Pet sat my sister's two Jack Russell Terriers... and the male killed one of my 6 hens, and traumatized another so badly, she quit moving and I eventually had to "euthanize" her. So now I'm down to 4. Was my fault for putting the pen on an incline, and not filling in a gap that I thought was too small for a terrier to squeeze through.
5- Got through my younger son's football season!
6- Love seeing my older son enjoy Scouts so much!
7- Found a pattern for making skirts for my "Thirty One Skirt Purse" so I'm excited about making a few! Anyone else do this?

Ok, so now to back track to see how ya'll have been!

Edited after reading back a few pages...

Kim, your story proves the POP (power of prayer) and I've been there too. I LOVE your goats! Be proud of being a homeschooler! I would be if I didn't have to work full time. My friend homeschools 2 of her 3 kids (one has autism and goes to public school), and I contanstantly see the benefits. There are a couple drawbacks, but the positives make up for them... especially if you are in a homeschool friendly community.

Peggy, meal worms? I feed those to my chickens! Still, I wouldn't want them on my counter. ICK. I'm dealing with my hens having lice (I think that's what it is) right now, and am going to get some Diatomaceous Earth to sprinkle around. I've read that really works!

We were so blessed to be spared the wrath of Sandy. Many of our PA friends have been without power for so long. The storm has put a frustrating delay on my sister's move to their new home too! Previous owner's movers wouldn't come because of down power lines. Last year, Irene really caused us damage (although still not as bad as several of our neighbors) so we were TRULY blessed.

Our Halloween was good despite my terrible cold. See pics on our blog.

Alyce, that's terrible about Ric's stomach and I hope they'll find some method of relief. I knew a guy who lost his stomach lining because of a mutant spider bite! No lie!

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com

Edited by - MtnGrlByTheBay on Nov 06 2012 11:20:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  6:16:59 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I just thought I would pop in before tea and good book. Hope yall had a good day and got out and voted too. Was a busy day at school began with a meeting for one of my butterflies. Amazingly it went better than I thought and then the rest of the day flew by. Tuesdays are rather busy. Just got done with my teacher homework for the day and think it will be early to bed.

Very windy here...one could have been blown away. But the sun was out so I took the wind with and said thank you Lord for sun.

well ladies, do hope you had a great day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  11:48:16 PM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies....

Erin...well goodness girlie, so glad to have you back on the porch and catching us up on
your life. ~ Congrats to DH for his sports leadership award...and lucky you that you get to
go back to New Orleans all expenses paid. Nice! ~ I feel for you with that head cold. I still
have the hacking cough from the same thing. I rarely get colds or flu and hope I don't again
for a very long time. This one was nasty and long lasting. ~ I will go on your blog and check
out your Halloween pix. *You guys make a Great Sonny & Cher*

Alyce...your DH sounds like my son with the spicy food. Shane eats really hot/spicy foods and then
can't understand why he has bad acid reflex and has to be on medications. Well, duh! LOL

Teacher Tammy...glad you had a good day...despite the meeting for one of your butterflies.
One of my neighbors dogs just had pups...3 female black Chaquaquas (sp) and he brought one out to
show me a couple days ago. I think he was hoping I would say I would like one of them. The pup was
so adorable...but I really don't want to have to puppy train another dog. I think I am so done
with that. I think I just like having one dog. Keeps the Vet and Grooming bills down too. LOL

Judy...thank you for the "Redneck" e-card. It was funny! Were you the blonde? ROFLOL Just joking!

Well, all I can say about the election...is praise God He is in control. And we can TRUST Him.

Off for a little reading before bed.

Hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 06 2012 11:54:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2012 :  08:35:52 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou Peggy and Cherime for the pick-me-ups :) I needed those. Things are still tough at work, but getting better (I hope). Otherwise, Josh and I will figure something out.

One of his coworkers got fired yesterday, so he's working half a day to fill in on what SHOULD have been his day off. Hopefully we'll have Sunday to enjoy the Scottish games. I didn't think he'd be as excited as he is!

Well, I started the mock dress last saturday and immediately realized SEVERAL problems. I'm short, but I am by no means a small woman. Even at my smallest, I was a size 10. I am overly "blessed" with a short torso, and muscular. Even when I was a size 10, my arms didn't always fit in sleeves well.

As I began cutting apart pattern pieces, I began to realize that the wonderful little handercheif sleeves were going to be a problem.... you cut a square, and then cut a hole in the square to attach it to the sleeve. I saw that hole measurement and said a bad word... there's NO WAY my arms are fitting into even the LARGEST size.

The more I looked at the pattern, the less I liked it. SO I hopped on McCalls and Simplicity and started looking for skirts and tops. I've watched the Gypsy girls from Britain and noticed that MANY of them do it that way, though they have much more extravagant dresses than I. But many of them are built a lot like me, too. A solid dress just would not work.

So, I found a VERY easy skirt pattern with McCalls... it has one ankle length A-line and one that is ankle length in the back and mid calf in the front with a ruffled hem. SO I am going to try a mock up of this - the straight hemmed skirt in brown cotton with the asymetrical hemmed skirt in lace over it. This way, I can still use the beautiful fabrics I had already picked out!

Next, the blouse. It's a Simplicity pattern designed by a woman who is shaped much like myself. My maid of honor has seen the pattern and thinks it's perfect. AND if all goes well with the mock ups, I'll be able to wear them to work!

And as my friend in the fabric department at the Hobby Lobby near my office says, it will be a LOT more comfortable than having a solid dress. She's so right!

I'll try to send pictures when I get the chance and show y'all my progress.

Other than the mess with work and the mess of a dress (thank GOD I had the foresight to start a mock version!) things are okay. It's just one day at a time, and Ever Onward :)

I hope everyone is doing well this morning, especially those affected by the hurricane! I'd send y'all are clear blue skies if I could :( it's so pretty here right now!

Take care, ladies, and I will peek in later

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  12:05:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow...another Q.U.I.E.T. day on The Porch...

Got up this morning and walked the dog and it was beautiful and sunny outside. I didn't even need
a light weight jacket. Not many Novembers that I ever remember where it was so warm here. Crazy!
But later in the day it got colder and overcast and even rained...but I was still out running errands
in my shirt sleeves. I actually had to ask my son to turn the heat on in his car. Both he and I are
warm-blooded and we usually run the air conditioner instead of the heat...so, he thought I was really
sick or something. Or the World tilted off it's axis or something. LOL

Went to the Dollar Tree Today and got some cool Christmas Stuff. I am excited to decorate for Christmas
and start listening to my Christmas Music...is anyone with me on that??? I won't until Thanksgiving week
and then I will decorate. I keep it pretty simple...a small tree and a few Nativities.

Miranda...I hope you and Josh both enjoy the Scottish Games on Sunday. ~ Smart lady on the Wedding Dress.
Sounds like you worked out a solution to all the problems with the dress. Way to go!!! And I can't wait to
see pictures.

Netty...good for you on the JOB! It sounds more like it found you rather than you found it. But I always
think those are times when God is directing our steps and circumstances. He knew that you were going to need something
to fill your time and add meaning to your life...and so there you go. He is Awesome!

Well Ladies...it has been a very busy long day...so, I am going to book off here early and go read a little longer tonight. Pun intended!

Hugs and Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 08 2012 12:10:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  08:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Alyce: hugs hugs hugs hope you get some good rest. sounds like me when jim was in the hospital. was right by his side 24/7 and it drains ya, I know.
Ric reminds me of Jim, he won't give up the stuff that caused the trouble! MEN... *rolls eyes*

RuthieAnn: love love love the melted snowman, such a cute idea!

Peggy: would LOVE to see a white thanksgiving! Am so ready for Christmas everything already! Music, decorations, SNOW! yaaaaaa...give me the whole 9 yards..

Supposed to get to 61 today. Woke up to sunshine, that helps my solar power. :) Got to have energy to start packing for that trip to Ohio...long johns, sweats, electric blanket, knee socks, coats instead of jackets..and that's all for Jim lol That man has ice running in his veins all the time. I'm the a/c person here, I'm hot blooded, always have been.

Have a good day ladies, I'm going to. :) xo

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  08:59:09 AM  Show Profile
BRRR!!! it's supposed to snow for the next two days here with colllllld night time temps! I'm breaking out the crock pot cider recipe and extra woolly socks!

I haven't been on the porch for ages! How is autumn treating all of ya? I'm all ready for the holidays and can't wait for the sweet smell of the fresh Christmas tree in the house! I crawled up the ladder yesterday (QUITE the experience walking with a cane, I tell you! But I figured out how to get up and down the ladder slowly) and put up hooks for Christmas lights. I usually don't do outside lights, but I got some old fashioned looking big bulb white and red lights that are the newer cool bulb type, so I'm not so worried about going up in flames now.

We are hoping that before snow get too bad we can do a couple of trips to look at areas that we may want to buy property in. Nothing too far due to my sweetie's job, but it's exciting to be at last moving in the right direction towards the eventual small homestead farm =)

Anyway, I hope that all of you have a splendid day! I've got this silly cough and I'm finding it hard to sit here and type a long post with out coughing and mistyping everything.

Hugs!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  10:16:20 AM  Show Profile
hahahaha Alyce, gotta love the man, he just doesn't see the changes in his own body. We change so much too. I can remember when I could eat greasy foods and it didn't matter. Now, just the smell puts me off. *blaaaah*
Erin, so good to see you back on here. Stay close girlie! Enjoyed your New Orleans pics!
Tammy, we had sun and blue sky all day Monday. I asked my hubby what that big yellow thing in the sky was. hahaha We've had clouds and misty rain off and on for 12 days. Good 'ole Sandy! But at least we didn't get the horrible things that a lot of states did! Thank You Lord!!!
Netty, congrats on the sub-teaching job! Good for you. It sounds like a very fulfilling job! Again...good for you!
Maybe you could cook up a storm one day a week and freeze it for yourselves! That way you both could eat good meals but only have 1 day of prep work.The other plus would be that you would stll have extra time in the evenings for together time. Wow! Did I just come up with that? I amaze me sometimes! **giggle-giggle**
Take care of that cold before it turns into a full-blown whatever!
Peg, I say "Amen" on the "God is in control" thing! All of my e-devotionals have been saying the same thing. ;)
Well, no Peg Dear...I thought that Redneck card was you that day at the bank when you were missing a tooth outta your plate!hahahaha
Wasn't that bunch a hoot? harharhar Glad you got a giggle out of it!
Well, again, I can't reach the November TeaBag Hostess. She doesn't have the same address. I apologize again to you girls that have been faithful and enjoying our tea swap. There's always a party-pooper in the group that leaves a gap! Again...sorry!
Miranda, i can't wait to see what you've come up with for your wedding dress!You sound very talented Girl!
Hubby and I went to(stumbled upon,actually)Scottish games one summer, years ago. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. He's of Scottish descent! Games,dancing,food,competition,song....all the fun stuff. Enjoy!
Ruthie, I was looking at that melted snowman and going..."Awwwwww"....then... "How did she do that?" hahahaha Not having the "crafty" gene that Mama and Sissy was born with, I can't figure out how people come up with these ideas, let alone form them! hahaha *sigh*
I just told Patsy the other day..."I'm still staring at a piece of fabric, a little sticker face and a tiny pair of wire glasses and saying...Dottie Doll, Dottie Doll.....RoflRoflRofl....and THAT idea was out there back in ....oh....what Peg....March, April? hahaha
I promised Patsy one....and by golly...I WILL TRIUMPH!!!!hahaha(some day before i die) *giggle*
Yes, I too am ready for Christmas music and I've been thinking about baking cookies for a few weeks now. But with all the moving, painting,Prayers going up for Patsy&Jim....ya....nuff said! BUT, I am going to start watching some of my Christmas movies from my collection. I'll start with the Walton's Thanksgiving, then go from there. We need more Thanksgiving movies don't we? More feel-good movies about being thankful! Amen?
Well, gotta get off my bumm and move around. It's asleep!I heard snoring! hahaha
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 09 2012 08:28:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  5:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies,
It was such a beautiful day here. I am soaking it all in before the weekend when we are supposed to be in the low 30's. Today is my hubby's birthday. We took him out to dinner. It was nice.

Been a busy week, but I managed to get my walk in after school. Been trying to get better about exercising as my blood pressure still has been spiking a bit again. Doctor said it stress and I must get some exercise. So I pack a bag and head to fitness center after school. I have done pretty well this week. I just need to make it part of my day. I am hoping to not have to take any meds. ON a good note the low dose meds and change of diet have brought my cholesterol down So I was happy about that.

I am hoping hubby will fix the shower and put up my storm door. We still don't have tile laid on the batheroom floor but I am being patient. We will soon be taking on the basement so the boys can have rooms of their own and we can have a family room and the batheroom down there needs a shower and some work.

I decided that this spring I am going to try my hand at raising a few chickens for eggs and still do my herb garden too. My sons were like mom really chickens! I said you have your pigs and cattle and therefore I will have my little project.

WEll time for tea and crochet.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  7:57:38 PM  Show Profile
Quick post before I go to bed. I have been so busy getting my last minute projects and hand stitching done. I have so much stuff made, I could probably fill the building up by myself!! LOL!!! This craft show has been going on for 34 years and is on Black Friday and Saturday, so there is usually alot of people that go through. Last year Black Friday was slow because it rained and nobody wanted to go out in it. Hopeing for better weather this time.
We finally saw about 2 hours of sun today, first time in almost a month. It has been so gloomy and rainy. A warm up into the 40s for the weekend, then 30s and snow by Tuesday. With all this warm and cold, there is alot of sickness going around here. I try not to be out in it too much. I did get my flu shot, but there are still so many other germs out there.
Hope all are doing well. Have a great evening,
Jan

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  8:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Just popping in to say hi...hoping everyone feels better soon!

Ric is at his mom's house, and I have so much to do--but I tell ya, I'm exhausted!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  12:26:17 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Temps are dropping tonight into the low 30's maybe even high 20's. I just turned my heat on before coming back here in my bedroom/office. Had it on only one other time for part of the day.
I used the Seat Heater in my Sassy bug tonight going to and from Bible Study. I think I am going to really like that feature after all. LOL At first I thought it was kind of silly...but it really helped warm up that cold leather seat and my bum.

Patsy...I can't believe I still haven't gotten out my christmas CD's yet. I usually start playing them in mid to late Oct.
I think because I have to go hunt them down. I know I unpacked them but where oh where did I put them????

OK girls...I am going to ask everybody what is your favorite Christmas CD and what is you favorite Christmas Song (does not have to be on your fav. cd).

My favorite Christmas CD (this is hard because I have many) but one I lost and loved was by Andy Williams. Don't even know the exact title of it...but I loved his voice doing
Christmas Songs.

My favorite Christmas Song is
"O Holy Night".

Annika...wow girl it has been a very long while since you were on the Porch. Well, welcome back...don't stay gone so long. I bet your Christmas outside lights will be well, worth all the work. Like you said, you will get all that old fashioned look without worrying about your house going up in smoke.

So, what area do you want to move to? Are you still going to stay in Idaho? It is a pretty state...atleast Northern Idaho...that is the only part I've been through. Don't remember traveling through the southern part at all...ever.
You can have all the SNOW...I don't want that part of the Holidays. We get maybe a week of it at the most, and usually in February.

I grew up in Spokane WA and Montana and have had my fill of snow over the years. If I want it...I can drive to the Mountains and enjoy it for a day. LOL

Judy...so, I'm the redneck toothless gal huh? You are so funny!!! I did get a good giggle of it that is for sure.

Oh, too bad our Nov. Teabag Lady flew the coope. We will survive...I am sure.

I do seem to drink more tea in the colder months. I like it at night as it is more relaxing than coffee. But I need my cup of 'Jolt' in the mornings to get my blood moving.

I hope your Sissy doesn't hold her breath waiting for you to make her that Dotee Doll. I'm afeared we might have to bury Patsy first. ROFLOL! You Crafty Person You!!

Teacher Tammy...Good for you for getting your walk in. Do you take Jax with you on your walks? I take Snickers everyday...but I remember many a day I would try to take Bella and we would go 1/4 of the way and she would sit on her butt and refuse to budge. I would literarly have to pick up this 20lb dog and carry her back home (put her in her kennel) and go back out and finish my walk. I later learned that because Shi tsu's are high energy dogs and run around the house and play chase the ball for hours they don't require walks outside. Had I known that (because I thought all dogs needed to go on walks everyday) ahead of time...I could have saved Bella and myself a lot of frustration.

Good for you wanting to try your hand at raising chickens. I say, go for it girl!!!

Wow...your little house looked so perfect from the outside...I can't believe how many inside projects you want to get done.
Sounds like too much work to me.
But I have never been one who enjoyed remolding and painting. Some people just thrive on it. I am one of the people that thrive on "Move In Ready"...no, work but putting my decorating stamp on it. The older I get, the less I want anything that even looks like "work". Ha Ha!

Janet...did you tell us what kind of goodies you made for your craft show?
I hope it is a great success for you. And no rain! The weather can really affect people wanting to get out or not.

Alyce...wow you got the house all to yourself tonight. Lucky Girl. I love those rare times when I get a whole evening or afternoon and evening just to myself. It is so nice not to have to fix a regular dinner or fight for the remote or have no tv at all and just be able to read in silence. Love It!!!

Well, I am reading a really boring book right now...but it is for my Reading Group...so, I have to finish it. Every night this week I have fallen asleep trying to get it finished. No luck yet.
But now I am at the point where I just want to get done with it and move on to something enjoyable to read. If this wasn't for my reading group I would have shut the book up and pitched behind my bed, a long time ago and felt no guilt or remorse. LOL

Nightie Night Chickies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  8:23:11 PM  Show Profile
My, it has been pretty quiet lately. I worked today for my son, which I do every Friday. It was kind of busy, but that made the day go by faster.
Hope the ones out west did not get too much snow. We have been mild here again, 42 today, but our snow is on the way and should hit us Tuesday. More rain for the next 3 days again. We do not see much sun this time of the year, then after the first of the year, when it is sunny, it is usually below zero.
Peggy, I have knit and crocheted hats, scarves, mittens, cowls, leg warmers, fingerless gloves, etc. Some sewn items and some jewelry. I have so much this year, I ordered a double space. I have well over 800 pieces!!!!.Here are pictures of last year's booth.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  2:40:11 PM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday ladies,
It is windy and warm here before the cold makes it way by tonight. I got outside and did some fall cleaning...just felt good to be outside. Tomorow I am sure I will be cozy in my little house with a pot of tea on...probably several.

Peggy I don't walk with Jax. That pup drives me crazy and with being on the highway it is dangerous. I walk at an indoor track at the hospital fitness center up the block from my school. A membership is not too high and it is close and I tend to go if I put my bag in the car and head up there after school. Once I get home I tend to get busy and don't want to go. Dr is really wanting me to go at least 3 times to try and keep blood pressure in check. As for house projects for the most part the house was move in ready but our basement does need work, and a few things upstairs that I was talking. Hubby and I tend to not do many cause i hate the house not being in one piece and we might kill each other cause it is not getting done to my pace..hahahahah This new house that i Love needed a bit of things fixed up...God certainly knew what was meant to be.

Hubby and I are goig on a date tonight. Been a while so we thought we would do one today. Going out to eat I think and who knows...it was his birthday on Thursday and he wasn't feeling real well so we thought we celebrate properly tonight.

well ladies time to fold the clothes. Talk at you later.
love to you all
tammy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  7:18:15 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, hope your date night went well. Hope hubby had a great birthday. Walking is supposed to be the best exercise to do. I just wish I could get out more to walk. Hubby and I used to walk the mall in the winter, maybe I can get him to do it again, or maybe if the roads are not too bad, I can go myself in the morning.
It rained again today, it is getting very tiring having rain every day. We are supposed to get more tomorrow. I would rather have snow this time of year, the rain goes right through you. Enough whining for tonight.
Hope all are having a nice weekend,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  7:35:46 PM  Show Profile
Looks good Jan. My DD and I have to have a double space. I did not take pix of all as the light was not good for an all over shot However here is the stuffed animal carousel and the jewelry tree.

We did a lot better than most of the other vendors. It takes about 2 hours to set up and about an hour and a half for tear down.
Peg, I don't have heated seats in my truck but that's ok because I have cloth seats. It does take a bit to warm up at -15 in any event.
Tammy, I would not mind belonging to the gym here but just cannot afford it right now. They have a pool, sauna and a hot tub.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page