herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  7:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenn, what a beautiful view. Looks like something out of a magazine! What trees/bushes are those? I could enjoy that and a cup-o-joe every morning too! *giggle* Our roses are amazingly full this year. And the flowers we've potted on our patio are taking off....now that i shoved a mothball into the center of each pot to keep the "Chippies" out of them. They've been hiding their seeds in there and pushing my flowers out. I watched them doing it. Little monsters! *giggle*
RFMTammy, doing the Happy-Dance right along with ya girl! yeaaaa! That didn't take too long,did it?
Have a good evening Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  07:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning, ladies!

Wow, this is odd.... I'm at work... at the teller line! It's been 4 years since I actually sat at the teller line and... well.. tellered!!! Since we are short staffed, and we're in need of tellers, and I have the knowledge, main office has me tellering as a backup. It's odd but feels good to be out of the cave!!

I'm so very excited about the new house... we close tomorrow! Friday I am working but Saturday I will take the dogs up to the new house, along with a few boxes and all the paint. I'll unload the boxes, or maybe I'll start painting. Maybe both! We'll see what kind of start I get!

Train is adjusting well. He's still having issues, like going potty in the den, and eating the cats' food, but he's getting used to being in a family. He has this habit of licking my toes when I'm sitting on the couch. He loves watching me cook. He NORMALLY doesn't take food, BUT Monday we had taken a trip to the Harley shop just to look around, and when we got home, there were doggy bombs, torn up Sonic cups, and a plate on the floor... where the leftover pancakes I made that morning had once been. Yes, he got a scolding! He knows when he's in trouble because he tries to give me his paw like he's apologizing.

All of that is going to take some time, but it's been worth it. I think he will do better when he has a space of his own to roam around in!

Well, ladies, I am going to finish up for now. I hope everyone is doing well! Will try to check in later tonight after I finish my exams.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

821 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  10:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miranda - I can sooooo feel for you. Lacey does the food scaverging all the time if we leave food anywhere she can remotedly get to it. Thankfully we rarely have doggie bombs. If he was starved like Lacey was food may always be an issue. We've learned to deal with it. Cat bowls go on the frig when we leave. Any food out gets put in the microwave for safekeeping. We've had to start crating her again since she started pulling wooden spoons and plates off the counters and out of the sink and chewing the spoons to get any taste of food on them. I had enough of the broken plates and bowls so I said enough and started crating her again. Another suggestion for food issues is to only feed him out of his bowl so he learns that what's in his bowl is his and that's the only place he's supposed to get food. I know it's hard if you're use to feeding treats but you can always relax it later.

DF Job Update: He had to postpone his interview until this morning. They scheduled him on 3 flights each way. The flight from Miniapolis to Jamestown was delayed 3 times and then ultimately cancelled. He was able to get on their last flight at 8pm last night. He was interviewed for nearly 3 hours. Unfortunately they have 2 more guys coming in next week to interview so we didn't get the job offer we'd hoped for today. They said they should know within 2 weeks so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that he's picked for the position. He texted me that the newspaper headline today was that the town's new dog park had just opened LOL

Okay, back to work for me :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  7:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenn, insanely jealous of your yard!!! Wanna come and do mine???? :) We just put our house in just over a year ago and we're just now starting to think about the yard. So I live in UGLY right now.

Angela, extended family are horrible to deal with. I'm of the opinion that if you make my life miserable I remove you from my life. Not always easy to do though.

Tammy, congrats on the new car! How exciting.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  12:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening my Porchies...as you can tell I am finally over my hissy-fit. I got on this morning to read...but was still to mad to post. LOL

It's the little things in life that can really get the best of us huh?

Hubby just ran to the store (he picks the weirdest times to go get groceries). After midnight. Anyway, he was asleep in his recliner...so I hauled out all the recycling and trash can for pick up in the morning...and noticed he left the car in the drive-way...so, I pulled it into the garrage for him as we never leave it out. Then I get in and he pops up out of his chair and announces he is going to the store. So, much for letting him sleep and doing his work. Oh, well...it's the thought that counts girls.

Teacher Tammy...I hope my husband brings me a new car from the grocery store. LOL That was some kinda cool shopping day for you girl. Congrats!

Netty...how was your shopping trip with your daughter?

Bunny...are you out of school yet? I think you deserve a nice long trip somewhere fun...after all that "Think-Tank" stuff.
If I could afford to send you somewhere...I would do it! But I have only Wishes...no money.

Penny...so good to hear from you girl!
I thought maybe you were hanging out somewhere other than MJF...and low n behold you up and got a job! Well, good for you! What are you doing???
How does it feel to be a worken woman again? Probably exhausting! But it does feel good to feel like you are a productive person doesn't it? It widens ones world a bit more.

RFM Tammy...well, maybe it wasn't a job offer this week but you never know what will happen down the road. My youngest son is now in the same position.
He passed round 1
the 30 minute phone interview, now is waiting on a written test of some kind and if he passes that then he goes to Seattle for a face to face interview. The waiting can be a real nail-biter! I will keep your man in my prayers too.

Jenn...can I come hang-out in your yard too??? :+) It looks so tranquile and inviting. I just want to pull up a lounge chair and kick back. Lovely!

Judy...OK, I will answer to Porch Chick Mom (pcm)...I like it. Rather catchy. Let Patsy know that the Possie
is saddeling up!

Miss Miranda...oh, paint first girl. Then when you start putting away...everything will really feel fresh and new to you. I am so happy for you.
Sounds like Train is doing well...all things considered. Sounds like a normal dog!

Kimberly...so glad to have you back on the Porch girl. Oh, if I would have known that you were in Portland for Holiday...I could have waved at ya, from across the River. I love the Japenese Garden that you toured. It is so beautiful!
I am not as thrilled with China Town as there are a lot of Homeless People in that area. I almost walked into a knife fight when I was down in that area one evening.
The Children's Museum is wonderful. Hope you didn't get a raging headache. They can get pretty noisy in there.
I also know what you mean about feeling like you need a vacation from your vacation! But you are making great family memories for your kids.

Hubby and I went to our Swanky Cinetoapia Movie Theater today. Only because we had a $50.00 gift card to there from Christmas. When you go to this Theater it is an Event. The have Living Room Theaters where you have leather seats and foot stools and can order a meal (tepa) with wine or whatever. It cost us
50.16 just to sit in the living room and order 1 large coke to share and my husband had a piece of pizza and I had chips with warm spinach and cheese dip. We saw Men In Black. It was OK. My favorite is still number one but this was 3 D and it was cute. I have been to this Cinnema three other times...but it was my husbands first and he wasn't impressed at all. They also have a fine dining restaurant in the Theater Bldg as well as a Wine Tasting Room. And they have many bigger Theaters with comfy seats and you can order food in there too. I think its nice but one of those once every couple years events for me.

OK...finished my Special Ops thriller today...so, I am off to find a new book for tonight.

Later girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  07:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy,
We had a great time. We acually found some cute clothes, you know it is a little hard to find cute clothes when you are on the bigger side.
Anyway my daughter and I both had a arm full and we were trying on clothes and in itself that was fun. We were in Herbergers, for the ones that may not know, this is a very expensive store. The only time I go in is when they have things on sale. Well the clothes were on sale, my daughter found a cute sweater wrap with see through material in the back, reg. price $64.00 Da got it for $11.99. It is so much fun when you can find such good deals. Then I went by the parfume, big mistake, oh well, I get purfume once in a blue moon and it was a blue moon. Ha Needless to say we had a wonderful day.

Last evening the skies turned a beautiful royal blue w/ light blue mixed in, so we thought we were in for it for a storm. My hubby was on his way home with the tractor and told us on the private band that we were about to get hit by a wall of rain. In a few minutes he came back on and said,"it's dirt" and I can hardly see anything. The kids and I ran outside and watched for a little while and sure enough it was walls of dirt, one right after another. I have never seen that before in my life. I guess that tells you how dry we are around here. The walls of dirt were not a solid like the dirty 30's, but it was still scary.

Today is cleaning day so I had better get busy. Yesterday I had my great niece come over and we took down the strom windows and washed windows. Hard job but at least I can see out now. Ha Ha Yes they were getting that bad. My great niece is going on a church youth group trip to Kentucky next week, so I wanted to support her, so asked her to help with my windows, otherwise it would not have gotten done. I found out she was a little short on money, so I thought if she could help me out I would help her out. She was pleased as I was.

I hope everyone has a great day, here are some images of the sky when the dust came through, see the brown in the sky, dirt. The second pic. is just showing the blue.

Take care

Netty
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  12:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the meeting with the realtor went well. Sadly, the place we were interested in is already sold. However, we told him what we were looking for and he assigned an agent to us (we were speaking with the boss, it turned out).

Ric wants to schedule an appointment with the bank, but first he has to get over the stomach bug he picked up from a guy in the lab at work.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  2:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty...I think I would much prefer walls of rain to walls of dirt.
Those pictures so remind me of the Horrific Dust Bowl Days that Ihave
seen documentaries on, movies on etc. Terrible. I will pray our rain
for you girlfriend! Looks like you could very much use it.

Hugs and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  6:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty,
we may live in the same state dear one but I am sure glad that I missed the dust storm although we had about 2 inches of rain.

Love to you dear
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  8:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey girls... just wanted to pop in and say HI and that we closed on the house today! Have stories about that to shre but I will have to do that later.... Hope everyone is doing well!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  11:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello My Porchies

Headed for Seattle for the weekend. Going to Celebrate youngest Granddaughters first birthday.
Can't wait to love on both my girls.

Youngest son & Fiance, Middle son and me driving there. Suppose to rain all weekend there...
not good for my Fibro so pray for me. I will have to stay in the Grandma Zone to make it thru
this. LOL First time to have all three sons together for about 6 months. Looking forward to
that too. Pray for traveling mercies for us. Thanks!

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

821 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  07:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning ladies! Gray, rainy skies today and cold. Miserable weather but I'm sure the plants and fields need it as hot as it's been this past week.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday and was laying down to rest before cleaning the doctor's office when df got home. He was telling me that the ND company called his boss yesterday. I was a little concerned knowing his boss that he'd be fired on the spot and said so at which point he informed me it didn't matter if he did because HE GOT THE JOB!!!!!! Apparently he did so well on the interview when he was out there that they cancelled the interview for next week and offered him the position yesterday!!!! WE'RE MOVING!!!! Can't tell I'm excited at all can you? LOL Apparently the shock on my face was worth the rat's enjoyment in not calling me after he got the phone call. After his boss got the call he called df to the front desk and asked him about it. He offered him part ownership in the shop if he stays. Df isn't interested - it's not just about the issues at work but also about the area we live in.

It's such exciting news I just wanted to share before I got caught up working this morning. Chat later :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  1:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had our first meal of rabbit that we raised. It was really good. My six year old informed me that he was glad we were raising rabbits because he really likes the meat. So thus far it is a success. My four year old even exclaimed at the meal how much she liked it.

Tammy, congrats on the job and the move! I bet he just loved having the chance to surprise you and see your reaction.

Peggy, have fun at the Birthday party!!

Miranda, congrats on the house!! Looking forward to pictures.

I have a praise item! Recently, I took the kids in for a check up and was told that my daughter needed to see a cardiologist. Being told your four year old needs to see a cardiologist does things to a mother. I did my best to stay calm and not stress out, after all God IS in control but it wasn't easy. I did a lot of praying and did my best to hand her over where she belongs, in God's hands. I've had so many sledge hammers to the side of the head recently that I was pretty head shy, scared of what could happen. Scared of what the Lord might be going to take me through. But He was gracious. The cardiologist said all is well. No problems, don't need to see one again. Praise God my babies are fine. :) Just wanted to share that with my Porchies. :)

Quick question for you all. I've noticed that lots of you have blogs. How exactly do you do it? I know some bloggers actually make money doing it, HOW? I'm looking for a way to remain a stay at home, homeschooling momma and maybe make a little money????? I could possibly do books (accounting) but it's very time consuming and rather inconvenient with my isolated location. I'm trying to figure out an angle/niche. I'm a homeschooling all the time momma. I live in an isolated area on a HUGE farm. I can, dehydrate, freeze food. I garden. I like natural medicine. Old fashioned, old school. Love working with livestock. Horsewoman. Desire to be as self sufficient as possible (raising what we eat etc). Okay, so I'm a FarmGirl!!!! :) Only I'm not as talented as so many of you who knit, sew, etc. I'd really appreciate your input and ideas. I was going to make goats milk soap but that came to a sudden halt when I sold my goats. Miss those critters.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  5:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy, Snoopy dance of happiness for you!!! Blessings and thanks to God.
Kim, great praise report. I know the feeling when Drs lay that stuff on you. I have always wondered that about blogs as well. Can one of you lovely ladies enlighten both Kim and I?
Praying for you Peggy.
Miranda, great news!
Alyce you will find the right place, praying for you.
Netty, that did remind me of the pictures of the dust bowl area. But we have that happen here often. Palmer AK is on the Matanuska River and we have loads of glacial silt when the wind kicks up badly the dust comes in waves. That silt, I think in Switzerland they call it loess, eats electronics. It insinuates itself into every nook and cranny. Garbage and I must say that my poor Dyson vacuum has done yeoman service on picking that junk up.
Blessings all and have a great weekend.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  6:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening porchies,
Just thought I would bring yall some brownies and a bit of chocolate tea from Harney. Did yall know that they are providing the tea for Diamond Jubilee? The tea is actually called Diamond Jubilee in honor of the queen and her 60 years on the throne. Just some interesting tea trivia for yall.

I alos have a few prayer requests. My mom was put in the hospital today. She had some complications from some tests they did earlier in the week. We had to postpone our yearly trip and she is very sad about that. I said we would reschedule. Also as I posted earlier we had someone offer to buy our acreage and today we found a possible place to move. It seems to amazing to me how God works things. We juist refinanced our current place and then this whole new adventure opened. The place we are looking at would mean no more driving 25 miles to work, closer to family, church, and things. I am trying to not get my hopes up in case it is not part of God's plan. But we had given up moving and just staying put on our current place and driving. Yet it seems God has a plan that has come to his timing not mine. So prayers would be so appreciated.

I hope yall have a great evening. I am off to read and have a cup of tea. It has been quite a day.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  06:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy praying

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  3:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hello there,
Just checking in. Got our garden planted, been quite busy actually. Don't ya hate when real life just takes over? lol prayers n hugs for all!

Judy says to tell you that she's living the dream .... off the grid.. she has no internet,phone or tv, since they all run off the same line, hahaha...and no promise of service til tuesday..WHAT?! crazy place, huh?

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  8:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got home from camp this afternoon. We had rain every day but Wednesday, and only 40s and low 50s during the day. Very cold. We ended up staying in the camper most of the time watching movies. Good thing we had electricity because we surely needed heat. Olivia was so homesick, she would not eat. Bob though she was really sick. The minute we got home she perked right up and was her own self again. Off to the vets tomorrow for her booster for lyme disease. Then hopefully we are done for a year.
Too many pages to catch up on, but know that I am thinking of every one of you. Will try to catch up tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  07:34:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning ladies! It's officially summer here. School ended and we slept in. Boy does that feel good. We're working on our list of summer projects: How to ride a bike, how to tie your shoes, reading, math, taking care of the pets. I've been busy with work and have a class this week I need to finish reading up for. I was stressed out about some little things so I got to sewing. I made 2 aprons. The red one is for a gift and the other one is one I made for wearing around town. I made the little pocket to fit my phone. I wore it out last Friday and loved the freedom of not dragging my purse. I got a few interested looks, a few snickers, and someone might have mistaken me for their waitress, ha ha ha.

Sorry I have been absent. Life keeps getting in the way. We're still working on cleaning out the house. I'm cleaning out at least a cabinet or drawer every day. Swimming lessons start this week, too. It's DD's first time taking swim lessons.

Kim- The best way I know of to make money fast is taking care of kids. The average rate for babysitting around here is $10-12 per hour. I know you're creative and have a lot to offer with all your animals and homeschooling. Maybe even have a one week summer camp for a few hours each day with kids from your church.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1193 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1193 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  07:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Porchies,
Mailing half the tea swap today and other half tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy!!!
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  08:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy, praying for your mom... hope she feels better soon. Very cool about the house though. Hope it all works out the way you want.

Janet, too bad about the camping trip. Thankful you had the camper though. Sounds like Olivia got cabin fever.

Julie, love your aprons. Funny about your apron in town. I use to just carry a wallet in my back pocket and put my keys on a carabiner on a belt loop. Now days there is too much else to carry to do that. Between phone, wallet, keys plus anything else.. an apron sounds kinda nice. Enjoy having your daughter home, I remember loving summer for about a week. Then it was work to keep the kids happy and out of trouble. By the end of summer you can't wait for school to start again so you can have your days back to yourself.

Ruthie, you scared me. I have June for the tea swap. I thought I had messed up. But I remember you said you were running late. I'll hold off for later on in the month.

My strawbale garden is doing ok except I have mushrooms growing out of my tomato plants. I can't seem to get them to stop. I thought it was the strawbale but they are only growing out of 3 tomato plants and no where else on the bale. Hopefully the plants can survive. I'm excited I only have two more weeks of school. Most of my homework is done but next week is finals week and the stress of them determining my final grades. I'm going for a full year scholarship next year and grades matter.
The weather has been interesting lately. One day is sunny, next is rain. I think mother nature is getting all mixed up. I do like the rain though. I would rather have a warm rain than 100 degree days.

Well, time to get ready for class... later all.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  10:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning porchies,

It is a beautiful day here in Nebraska. Love seeing the sun and just feeling its warmth.
Thanks for the prayers for my mom. She was able to go home yesterday and will have a follow up with doctor tomorrow. They believe they have pinpointed the problem and understand why there were complications from the tests they gave her. She is glad to be home to recuperate.
We spent yesterday getting our acreage ready to show tonight or tomorrow and we put in a offer on the other one with the stipulation that ours would sell. So we have taken the next step and now we are waiting. But the way things have happened with this whole journey I know that God's fingerprints are on it. So for each step we pray before we move on it and then we wait for His direction on what to do next. Hope to know more in few days.

For now I am enjoying crocheting this afternoon with my tea and relaxing after working so hard yesterday. It has been quite a week with so much happening.

I hope yall have a wonderful day.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  7:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonight I am a bit sore from all the gardening I did today, but after a good night's sleep, I will feel good in the morning. It is still 53 degrees now at 10:30. Tomorrow should be another picture perfect day. It got up to 71 degrees today after a low of 39. It is very nice when in the 60s and 70s if it is not too windy.
Well, heading to bed. Hope all of you gals have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

821 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  7:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening ladies! Hope everybody's week started out well. Today here in Michigan it was in the mid 70's temperature wise and sunny. Beautiful day.

Tammy I envy you having the summer off. It would be so nice to be able to enjoy it instead of wasting it sitting in an office all day. How is your mother doing?

Well the shock has worn off and df is in a mad whirl to try and get things set to go. He's super stressed about everything already. Not good. Right now he's focusing on getting housing. We're attemping to buy a used mobile home. I absolutely hate having to buy something sight unseen but it doesn't look like we have an option with what we can afford. Housing is at a premium there. When df was talking to the trailer park gentleman about the trailer they guy told him that it use to be on a farm but the couple sold it when they decided to build a farmhouse. Isn't that sort of appropriate LOL. I've been busy putting my resume on the ND job websites today. Hopefully I can line up a job before I leave here. Everybody wants to get together with us but they just don't understand how much we have to do in 2 weeks before he leaves. Understandable but jut not workable.

Okay, I'm off to bed. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  12:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My Three Boys and Myself (left to right is Shane, Me, Chris, and Pat)
Chris is bent way over trying to get short like me and Pat. Chris and
Shane are the same heigth.

My Beautiful three year old granddaughter Madeline (she turns four next month)

Shane's Fiance Sadie holding Birthday Girl- Naomi

Faith Marie (Chris' wife/Madeline and Naomi's Mommy)

Well My Porchies...you can see that we all had a very fun birthday wknd in Seattle with family. Baby Naomi turned one despite running a high fever and having a rash all wknd due to teething.
She wanted lots of cuddle time...which made grandmama happy! I loved getting to hold her for long periods of time.
Both girls are so sweet!
I got to go with Madeline to a near by park, where she rode her bike and played on all the play ground equipment. Then I also got to go to her Ballet Class with her on sunday. It was a jam packed wknd but so much fun. Nothing like family togetherness!

We go back at the end of July for Madeline's birthday.
It was great to have all my boys there. They are crazy fun!
Love to still try to "shock" mom when ever they can. LOL

Teacher Tammy...so glad that your mom is out of the hospital.
And how exciting
about your farm situation. Can't wait to see how that all comes out. Waiting on God can be so exciting.

RFM Tammy...wow, 2 weeks is not very much time is it? Nothing like having to move fast! That will keep the ol' adrenalin pumping!

Jan...I bet it feels good to have all that garden stuff done huh? Even if you are sore...there is satisfaction in that kind of aches and pains.

Bunny...can you just pick the mushrooms out of your tomato straw bales? Will they harm the tomatoes???
Hasn't the weather just been absolutely crazy?!* I think Mother Nature is having a good laugh at our expense. lol
Oh, I bet you do great on your finals. You study a lot and seem to have great retention. You will get those scholarships.

Julie...very cute aprons. I like both of them.

Well my lovelies...I am off to bed. I am exhausted from all the rain today and the pain levels are rising.

Seattle was suppose to have been terrible weather last wknd and it was perfect weather. Which was so nice.

Sweet Dreams...and many prayers for all of you,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 05 2012 12:42:47 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 664 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page