Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  7:17:36 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann - Happiest of Birthdays to your daughter :).

Craftbug - that is cool that you have a wringer washer. My Mom used one for a long while when we were kids (so probably mid-late 80s/early 90s), but we couldn't use it (we were too little). Took a long time to do all of our laundry :p.

Janet - I'm jealous of your lilacs lol. Ours are a little late this year, but they smell lovely! There aren't a whole lot in town that I can see, but I don't have a yard or anything. Some year :p.

Bunny - good luck on your exam! You can do it!

Peggy - so glad that you have lots of time to get packing! The last time I moved, I just moved from A to B...granted, it was just upstairs to a different apartment, but I took it from downstairs & put in the same spot upstairs. Made life a bit easier, but it would have been nice to be able to go through things & throw stuff out. Oh well. I'm not going to live here forever! So happy that your granddaughter is doing better! That must be so scary for everyone, and her! Hope she's back to feeling better soon!

Natesgirl - I like your porch garden! Sounds busy :).

Luanne - sending get well thoughts to your Mom, as well as healing prayers your way for the memorial.

Nan - I say "just start!" Pick a spot - an easy one, like a closet you don't use, or a cupboard. Don't worry about washing/cleaning things while you're packing, just pack. Then when you get your new place, you can clean/wash & put things where you want them. That's the hardest thing, isn't it, just starting?!

Well, my patio garden on the north side is coming up great! I'm so excited about it! I'll have to post pictures of it. On Saturday, I swear my beans grew about 2 inches! I checked them in the morning and they were still tiny babies. I checked them on Sunday morning, and they were taller than my finger, almost taller than the pansies they are growing beside! My peas are coming up good, spinach is coming, my strawberries have flowers...yay me! I wasn't too sure, just because of the north side, and it being my first time doing a garden in pots, but it's working .

Did I tell you all I finally sent away for my natural nutritionist course? I should be getting it late next week or early the week after. I can't wait to start doing it & learning new things . It cost $3200, but I think it will be worth it. I was thinking of transferring to do it in class (which would require a move 2 provinces away) but then they told me it costs about twice as much, so that idea went out the window. Oh well. I'm going to put myself on a schedule to do it, and get it done. (The last time I had a distance course was my gr 12 French, and I spent the whole of spring break doing French, at least 8 hours a day. On the plus side, when I had to write the exam on the Monday afterwards, it was all fresh in my mind! lol After that, I spent at least 2 hours - 2 lessons a day - doing French homework .)

Well, I think I'm off to bed. It's been a busy & late week this past week, and I'm tired. Maybe if I go to bed now, I won't stay up so late reading tonight! (Haha, yah right!)

Thoughts & prayers & hugs to everyone!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  7:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies,
Hi! Just wanted to stop by and say life is way too busy. I left this house at 7:00am and got home at 6:00 pm. Ive been working ever since I walked in the door. Im just exchated. I hope things slow down a bite. Thank you for all the birthday wishes for my sweet daughter. And yes Peggy Miss Katy is my only child. Not by my choice but our dear father had a different plan. If I could of had more children I would of had a large family. I wanted 6 kids but Ive had more than 6 kids I have helped raised.
Well Im off to pray for each of you and your families. 6am comes very early.
Take Care,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  7:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, Good luck with house hunting. I hope you find the perfect one.
Nan, prayers being sent for help in packing and finding a place you will be happy at.
Pam, glad your gardens are working for you. I know you were worried about planting in the north side. It is amazing how fast some things can grow.Good luck with the nutrition course. That is alot of money, so do hope it works out for you.
Well, getting late and I was up early today, so calling it a night. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  06:28:03 AM  Show Profile
Patsy- your life sounds dreamy with the wringer washer and green house. I read about a natural inhaler you might want to try for your DH's bronchitis. I haven't tried it myself. The recipe is 1-3 drops of eucalyptis, peppermint, and clary sage oils in a cup of boiling water. Breathe the vapors. Your garden sounds wonderful!

Angela- I'm glad your party turned out good. I grew bush beans this year and I was surprised by their flavor, sorta nutty tasting. Congrats on your espresso maker.

Well, ladies I got my certificate in the mail. I'm an official 2nd year member of the Sisterhood!

Today I thought I was going to do one thing but I'm sore from work so I will be staying home this morning. We really need to straighten up the house from the weekend, and frankly with several animals in the house it just plain stinks. Stinky little kittens! Pee Yew! We also have one rabbit in the house temporarily. We are still working on the total house clean out and DH is actually starting to help. I showed him my checklist on my phone and he sees that it's not so hard when you are only cleaning one drawer and then checking it off the list. We are getting close to finishing. 2 drawers in the kitchen and then 2 bedrooms left. Then we can think about any new projects like taking out carpet and painting. Making some lasagna tonight! Talk to you later girls!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  3:40:33 PM  Show Profile
Well, I was invited to join in the chatter here, so here I am with a mocha pudding cake and a pitcher of sun tea - unsweetened because I'm a Yankee, but I brought along a small bottle of simple syrup for you southern belles. :)

Is there room on the top step? That's my favorite place to perch.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  5:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch, Lindsey. Yum!!!! The pudding cake and sun tea sound so good, and of course, they are calorie free here.LOL!!! I am bringing my Amish apple coffe cake I made today. Lots of sweets for us "sweets". Seems everyone is so busy this time of the year, been pretty quiet here lately.
It only got up to 60 today and we are in a freeze warning for tonight. We are never safe from frost here until Father's day. We have a pretty short growing season here.
Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  7:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello Lindsey! There's always room for another bottom on the porch, regardless of where you want to sit! And thanks for the pudding cake & sun tea! I tried making sun tea last year...but it didn't work. I don't think our sun up here is strong enough....But I just make iced tea regardless :). I tried making iced tea with some lemon grass green tea and purple acai & blueberry green tea. Tasted pretty good. I added some lime juice to it & yum!

Well, tonight, I had my Ebenezer group meeting. It's a scripture accountability group with an amazing group of women. I love it. We're small, but it's nice. Didn't get home til about 15-20 minutes ago. After next Monday, I think I am mostly free most nights (except for staff meeting nights - first Tuesday of the month, and Ebenezer's which is the 2nd Tuesday of the month). After being busy for the past few months almost every night, it's nice to be able to just be home. And especially with my course coming ... discipline & schedule, here I come! lol Well, I think it's time for bed, before I start thinking I need to eat something (when I don't! Especially since if I do, with my thyroid meds, it totally gives me the weirdest, dumbest, strangest dreams!). I'm going to put a limit on my reading tonight. Need some sleep. Have a good night all, Talk to you later!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  7:52:30 PM  Show Profile
Janet,
Where do you live to have a freeze warning tonight? I'm new here on the porch. I know how busy it can be seems like the only time I sit down is at night for a little bit.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  8:46:42 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Lindsey & Rebecca! Glad you found us! Thanks for the yummy mocha cake and unsweetened tea is my favorite.What is simple syrup for tea? Not heard of that.
Janet, thanks to you for the Amish apple coffee cake. I love coffee cakes.
OK I want both cake recipes Gals! *giggle*
I am bringing some choc.chip/P.B.chip/peanut butter cookies that I made last night.They go well with GoodEarth Sweet&Spicey tea. We are having a cool spell too right now, so I thought I'd take advantage of it to bake some goodies. Besides I promised the neighbor boy,Robby,my Yard-Lad,some cookies because he's such a help to me with odd jobs AND he's the only boy in a family of 6 siblings. He just turned 13 and that's a tough age to feel(all alone)in the world.
Well, it's late so I'm off to collect my share of zzzz's before they're all gone. *giggle*
G'Nite Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  12:29:59 AM  Show Profile
Evenen Porchies...
WELCOME TO LINDSEY & REBECCA!
Pull up any step you want, or we have some fabulous Porch Swings, comfy rocking chairs and a bunch of big cushionie pillows.
Wow, you all came baring food gifts...wonderful! I felt like something sweet tonight myslef. I made some chocolate pudding ...and I'll share that. We can have a Dessert Potluck with lots of tea to drink. Sound great girls.

Well, our plate wasn't full enough...my husband had to be taken by ambulance to Emergency yesterday for the Vertigo. My son said his dad looked white as a sheet at work and felt like he was going to fall out of his chair. So, they got him on the floor and called 911. They were there in a minute and a half. They thought it could be heart related...as he has a history...so they took him to the Hospital...and we got to spend all afternoon there. It was just the positional vertigo. But he got some medication for it. Then the weirdest thing happened when we got home...because I had 3 small episodes of vertigo myself. I had slept with my neck kinked the night before and so it was really tight, but every time I turned to the right I would get dizzy. Still happening today. Good Grief...who ever heard of sharing Vertigo. LOL

Pam...that sounds like a huge time commitment on the course you bought. I hope it is good and that you really enjoy it. I took a Women's Christian Counseling Course like that about 12 years ago and I learned so much from it. Very worthwhile.
Sounds like your garden is doing great. Such a feeling of satisfaction, huh?

Nan...isn't it the pits to run out of pet food and have them whining and scolding you? My dog all of a sudden has decided that he no longer likes the pet food we have been buying for him. So, now I have to find him something else he likes.
Larry works in a Property Management Office. It is a very weird place because the Owner is so unstable. She makes it crazy and difficult.

Alyce...I hope the new place you found works out for you guys. Keep us posted. So many of us are on the move this summer huh?

Hi Ruth Ann...how is your packing going? Are you still down-sizing? When will you guys actually move?

Julie...the best way I have found to get the house in ship-shape is to move. LOL! I love setting up a new house! And cleaning out the old.

Janet...can I get your recipe for the Amish Apple Coffee Cake? Is it a real moist cake or on the dry side? I want it no matter which way...but was just curious.

Judy...alot of coffee shops and restaraunts use simple syrups for coffee and teas. Comes in a bottle with a pump usually.
That is so great that you have a neigbor boy to help in your yard. Oh the Poor kid...being the only male out of 6 siblings has got to be rough. The hand-me-downs alone would be awful! LOL

Well, I got one more room packed today...my bedroom. The only thing left in there to do is the closet...but that will have to be done at the last minute.
I hope to do my office and crafting space tomorrow.Big task!

OK...I am pooped and need to go visit dreamland. I don't want any of Pam's weird and strange dreams tho. ha ha!

Night My Lovelies...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 13 2012 12:38:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  06:09:59 AM  Show Profile
Wow, it was cold this morning!!! Got down to 32 degrees. I did not go out yet to see if my plants were affected. I live in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan, where it is winter 9 months out of the year!!! Yes, we have had snow in June before. Right now it is 53 and very breezy, so everyone I see outdoors has a hoody on and long pants.We warm up the end of July into August, then it is usually so humid.We don't get too many 80's or 90's, I think we had 2 80 degree days last year and no 90s. It still feels hot here though when it is humid.
I will dig out the recipe for the Amish cake tomorrow for you gals. It is a very moist cake and it makes a big batch in a 13x9 pan. It is good though, maybe too good.
More later, gotta get ready to go out for breakfast with my sister. Our Wednesday tradition for over 20 years. Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  06:41:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to Lindsey! I love tea. And welcome Rebecca!

Goodness Peggy, hope y'all get to feeling better! Oh girl, I would love to put everything on the front lawn and then only bring in what I want to keep. I have heard it's a good way to really clean up a room, just moving everything outside the room (not in the yard). But if I could have a trailer or dumpster to have things hauled away, including furniture, I would do it. We are going to take everything out of the "playroom" and decide what we want that room to be and then only move back what fits with that idea. So it looks like I'll get some furniture in my yard, just in the backyard, though.

Yesterday, I didn't get anything on my list done. I was still working on the mowing part. I've got one more area to finish up and then I can call it done! DD and I spent the rest of the day making safety-pin bracelets. DH wants to work on the playroom today, we'll see. The lasagna turned out so good. I made it in the muffin pan. I cut out little circles of the lasagna noodles and then layered it all in each cup. Might have some chicken enchiladas tonight.

Well, hope you have a great day! I gotta get up and going to start my mower at 9 a.m. sharp! It gets too hot if I wait any longer.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  11:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi! All.
Im at my nanny job today. I just finished next weeks lesson plans now need to get the craft projects together and deliver on Friday. Yes something done.
Welcome Linsey and Rebecca
Peggy Ann-Praying everyone gets feeling better soon. Your getting ready to move. How is that going? As far as moving goes for us well that depends if I find a house for 125,000. Which in the area where were going is very easy to do. Im being very picky thou. If I don't find a house then we will break ground in March and then move in July. As far as down-sizing goes having alot of trouble and packing is easy once I have time. Not much time lately. Work Work.
Alyce-Keep us posted. Hope all goes well with the new house.
Janet-Amish coffee cake. Sounds yummy. I love Amish cooking. Maked a great Amish shrawberry shortbread recipe for Miss Katy's birthday.
Well have to go the kids are killing each other. Lol Just fighting like kids do.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  11:13:27 AM  Show Profile
Here's the link to the recipe for the pudding cake: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Saucy-Mocha-Pudding

Simple syrup is equal parts water and sugar, boiled until the sugar dissolves. I find it easier to add it to cold tea and lemonade since it's already liquid - sugar doesn't always dissolve that well.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  1:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey thanks...double thanks actually...for cake recipe and simple syrup recipe. We drink unsweetened sun tea all the time,but occasionally I crave a sweetened tea(just not as sweet as McDonald's sweet tea *gag*) and I can never get the sugar to disolve unless I heat it with a little tea in the micro. Then it needs a ton of ice to chill it again...yaddayaddayadda....I never thought of a simple syrup idea. Like Peg said, I knew there were flavored syrups, but not simple syrup. I will have a new staple in my house now. Thank you!
Peg, I am so sorry for all the drama that you are gong thru right now. You just don't need all that do you? BIG (((hugs)))Sis!
Well, I'm off to the library to take some stuff back for hubby. Catch ya later and chat more then.
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  3:50:12 PM  Show Profile
A porch swing with a cottage garden to look at.

Stand for What's Right!
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  5:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome. I brought a Blackberry pie made with blackberries I just picked on our farm (I can't believe they are ready), and fresh cream. The porch is my favorite place to be!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  6:49:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome ladies. Sun tea is welcome as night now there is no way it would work in AK. Way too cold
Peg, you most certainly can get vertigo from a kinked neck. The clue is that it only comes on in one direction. praying for your DH.
Busy, Busy but rained out again on the farmer's market drat it. There is no way I am going to take all that fiber stuff and sit in the rain with it. Getting all dry was difficult enough last time. I got the tent covering sprayed with water repellent but the way it just kept coming down I doubt that it would have stayed dry and not sure how I would get all from the truck to the tent and still have it stay dry so begged off this Wed.
The rhubarb could care less about the rain but it keeps trying to send up a seed stalk which I keep breaking off. I want rhubarb not seeds.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  6:49:45 PM  Show Profile
Blackberry pie sounds so yummy. Can't beieve they are ready to pick either, at least there, here they just finished blossoming. Our berries are never ready until August. July is strawberries, yum yum.
It is nice to have new faces on the porch. All are welcome, it is a big porch and we all fit just fine.
Peggy, I recieved the book today, thank you so much. I don't think I will get to read it until late summer, but know that it looks like a good book and worht the read. Again, thank you for the wonderful giveaway.
Thank you Linsey for the recipes. The simple syrup will be good for summer tea. Some here like it sweet, some not so much.Hope to try the cake soon too.
Well, off to get ready for bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  6:59:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
It looks like I made it just in time for all the goodies. I love calorie free goodies..hehehe

Welcome to all the new ladies. So nice to have you join us. We always have room for one more sister.

Peggy..goodness dear you just have had a time of it. I will continue to pray for you, your hubby and your granddaughter. How is that sweet little one doing?

It was so windy here and we are in need of rain. It would sure help the dust settle and be a good drink for the crops.

Please keep our house journey in prayer...we are moving closing to our dream. God is having us take baby steps right now. So please pray. I will keep you updated as I know more.

Already purchased some school supplies for my classroom of new little butterflies. Staples is so good to teachers and will possible things for our house I am starting way early with my classroom. I saved 10 dollars there today with coupons. Gotta love that.

well I am off to have some tea and spend some quiet time. Was to dr for my check up and apparently my blood pressure was a bit high. I was told to destress...so letting go of things and giving them to God.

Bible study was good last night. am loving my new little group. Amazing to me how different we all are and how God blends us together like a nice black tea.

Life is good
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  8:23:57 PM  Show Profile
I just typed alot of things and it dropped off. I want to scream. Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  12:15:37 AM  Show Profile

This isn't all 127 squares but I am almost there!

Evening My Porchies...

Lindsey...thanks for the recipes.
We all love the Porch food and beverages around here.

Judy...I think things are starting to level out around here. Hubby is doing better today. We found out what was causing his Vertigo (it was a food supplement believe it or not). So he is off that and doing better.
He is scheduled to work for the next 2 or three wks starting Saturday...and I need him out making money so I can pack. LOL It is hard to pack around the man...he is always wanting me to fetch stuff for him or go somewhere with him. Which normally is all great...but not right now.

Thanks for your prayers my friend!

Welcome Pam...
(Sugar Girl), great to have you on the Porch. I should have called myself Chocolate Girl. LOL
Once you know me...you'll realize why. ha ha!

Rebecca...wow blackberries already.
Yummy...thanks for the pie! I love berry pies. Our blackberries don't come on here until August. Lucky You!

Cherime...thanks for confirming the vertigo coming from a kinked neck. That is the only reason I could account for me having it. Still there a little bit, but much better today.

Rhubarb sounds good too. I love making Strawberry and Rhubarb Pie.
One of my all time favorites.

Janet...I am glad that you got the book and hope you enjoy it.
Our Strawberries will be over this month. July is Cherries for us, in our neck of the woods. I always have Cherries on the 4 th of July.

Teacher Tammy...deep breathe girl and relax. We don't want any high blood pressure problems. Just keep turning everything over to God. He is so much better at dealing with it ALL than we are.
Also, do some crocheting everyday to help you relax and un-wind. That is why I knit or crochet every night...while we watch tv. It is so relaxing.
Last fall when my ex-MIL passed away, and I was at her house (everyone that came in for the memorial service was there) but one evening my ex-husband fell asleep while we were talking, but when he woke up he said, "Sorry, about that...but your knitting needles making that soft clacking sound just relaxed me and put me to sleep." So, there is a testimonial for you! LOL

Grand-baby is home, but still has to go into the Dr. once a week, for a month for Ekg's and shots. So, Please continue to pray for her. Her daddy says she is back to her old self, walking all around the furniture and tormenting the dogs.
Makes this grandmama's heart happy to hear that!

Marlee...I know that frustration of losing everything you've typed. Makes me pitch a hissy-fit everytime it happens to me. So, go ahead...kick something and scream!!! You'll feel better!
I do try to use my Sticky notes and then transfer it all into the posting box when I am done. It isn't a 100% sure fire cure but it is 95% easier that way.

Well my lovelies...Iam off to read and get some sleep. I have a gal coming to help me move boxes out to the garrage and do some more packing in the morning.

Love ya all!
peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  05:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Blackberries usually aren't ready here until July 4 but with the mixed up weather everything is a month early. I missed the strawberry season this year. I froze my Rhubarb to use in a pie but didn't get any strawberries to go with it. So I bought me some strawberry plants so I wont miss them next year. lol.

Marlee, that happened to me while I was typing last night to, that's why mine was so short.

Peggy- that is absolutley beautiful! I've tried to crochet and my simple stitch curves like crazy! My aunt tried teaching me how to crochet when I was younger but she gave up because I am left handed and she couldn't do it backward. lol

Tammy- I'm not a teacher but Staples is my favorite store!

Anyone have a good recipe for Blackberry jelly?
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  05:47:27 AM  Show Profile
Good idea Rebecca. Rhubarb and strawberries are well and truly married.
Peg, good news about the baby and yourself. Now for a good report on DH. Parying.
I remember when DH and I took our motor home on the ferrys around the San Juans. There was one ramp where we had to wait and the blackberries were just falling off the bushes. You know what we had for dessert that night.
TL Tammy praying for you as well. I think of my cares like a big helium balloon that I give to Him. I let it float away and be gone. Of course it is a good thing that I have lots of those balloons ;>)
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  06:44:33 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, that is going to be one lovely blanket!

Everything is coming in early this year - we have some wild black raspberry bushes and they're already ripe! Usually they don't come on until the first or second week of July.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page