Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  6:24:42 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies,
Just thought I would bring yall some brownies and a bit of chocolate tea from Harney. Did yall know that they are providing the tea for Diamond Jubilee? The tea is actually called Diamond Jubilee in honor of the queen and her 60 years on the throne. Just some interesting tea trivia for yall.

I alos have a few prayer requests. My mom was put in the hospital today. She had some complications from some tests they did earlier in the week. We had to postpone our yearly trip and she is very sad about that. I said we would reschedule. Also as I posted earlier we had someone offer to buy our acreage and today we found a possible place to move. It seems to amazing to me how God works things. We juist refinanced our current place and then this whole new adventure opened. The place we are looking at would mean no more driving 25 miles to work, closer to family, church, and things. I am trying to not get my hopes up in case it is not part of God's plan. But we had given up moving and just staying put on our current place and driving. Yet it seems God has a plan that has come to his timing not mine. So prayers would be so appreciated.

I hope yall have a great evening. I am off to read and have a cup of tea. It has been quite a day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  06:23:01 AM  Show Profile
Tammy praying

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  3:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hello there,
Just checking in. Got our garden planted, been quite busy actually. Don't ya hate when real life just takes over? lol prayers n hugs for all!

Judy says to tell you that she's living the dream .... off the grid.. she has no internet,phone or tv, since they all run off the same line, hahaha...and no promise of service til tuesday..WHAT?! crazy place, huh?

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  8:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Just got home from camp this afternoon. We had rain every day but Wednesday, and only 40s and low 50s during the day. Very cold. We ended up staying in the camper most of the time watching movies. Good thing we had electricity because we surely needed heat. Olivia was so homesick, she would not eat. Bob though she was really sick. The minute we got home she perked right up and was her own self again. Off to the vets tomorrow for her booster for lyme disease. Then hopefully we are done for a year.
Too many pages to catch up on, but know that I am thinking of every one of you. Will try to catch up tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  07:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning ladies! It's officially summer here. School ended and we slept in. Boy does that feel good. We're working on our list of summer projects: How to ride a bike, how to tie your shoes, reading, math, taking care of the pets. I've been busy with work and have a class this week I need to finish reading up for. I was stressed out about some little things so I got to sewing. I made 2 aprons. The red one is for a gift and the other one is one I made for wearing around town. I made the little pocket to fit my phone. I wore it out last Friday and loved the freedom of not dragging my purse. I got a few interested looks, a few snickers, and someone might have mistaken me for their waitress, ha ha ha.

Sorry I have been absent. Life keeps getting in the way. We're still working on cleaning out the house. I'm cleaning out at least a cabinet or drawer every day. Swimming lessons start this week, too. It's DD's first time taking swim lessons.

Kim- The best way I know of to make money fast is taking care of kids. The average rate for babysitting around here is $10-12 per hour. I know you're creative and have a lot to offer with all your animals and homeschooling. Maybe even have a one week summer camp for a few hours each day with kids from your church.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  07:36:05 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
Mailing half the tea swap today and other half tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy!!!
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  08:49:27 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, praying for your mom... hope she feels better soon. Very cool about the house though. Hope it all works out the way you want.

Janet, too bad about the camping trip. Thankful you had the camper though. Sounds like Olivia got cabin fever.

Julie, love your aprons. Funny about your apron in town. I use to just carry a wallet in my back pocket and put my keys on a carabiner on a belt loop. Now days there is too much else to carry to do that. Between phone, wallet, keys plus anything else.. an apron sounds kinda nice. Enjoy having your daughter home, I remember loving summer for about a week. Then it was work to keep the kids happy and out of trouble. By the end of summer you can't wait for school to start again so you can have your days back to yourself.

Ruthie, you scared me. I have June for the tea swap. I thought I had messed up. But I remember you said you were running late. I'll hold off for later on in the month.

My strawbale garden is doing ok except I have mushrooms growing out of my tomato plants. I can't seem to get them to stop. I thought it was the strawbale but they are only growing out of 3 tomato plants and no where else on the bale. Hopefully the plants can survive. I'm excited I only have two more weeks of school. Most of my homework is done but next week is finals week and the stress of them determining my final grades. I'm going for a full year scholarship next year and grades matter.
The weather has been interesting lately. One day is sunny, next is rain. I think mother nature is getting all mixed up. I do like the rain though. I would rather have a warm rain than 100 degree days.

Well, time to get ready for class... later all.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  10:08:49 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies,

It is a beautiful day here in Nebraska. Love seeing the sun and just feeling its warmth.
Thanks for the prayers for my mom. She was able to go home yesterday and will have a follow up with doctor tomorrow. They believe they have pinpointed the problem and understand why there were complications from the tests they gave her. She is glad to be home to recuperate.
We spent yesterday getting our acreage ready to show tonight or tomorrow and we put in a offer on the other one with the stipulation that ours would sell. So we have taken the next step and now we are waiting. But the way things have happened with this whole journey I know that God's fingerprints are on it. So for each step we pray before we move on it and then we wait for His direction on what to do next. Hope to know more in few days.

For now I am enjoying crocheting this afternoon with my tea and relaxing after working so hard yesterday. It has been quite a week with so much happening.

I hope yall have a wonderful day.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  7:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Tonight I am a bit sore from all the gardening I did today, but after a good night's sleep, I will feel good in the morning. It is still 53 degrees now at 10:30. Tomorrow should be another picture perfect day. It got up to 71 degrees today after a low of 39. It is very nice when in the 60s and 70s if it is not too windy.
Well, heading to bed. Hope all of you gals have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  7:49:25 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Hope everybody's week started out well. Today here in Michigan it was in the mid 70's temperature wise and sunny. Beautiful day.

Tammy I envy you having the summer off. It would be so nice to be able to enjoy it instead of wasting it sitting in an office all day. How is your mother doing?

Well the shock has worn off and df is in a mad whirl to try and get things set to go. He's super stressed about everything already. Not good. Right now he's focusing on getting housing. We're attemping to buy a used mobile home. I absolutely hate having to buy something sight unseen but it doesn't look like we have an option with what we can afford. Housing is at a premium there. When df was talking to the trailer park gentleman about the trailer they guy told him that it use to be on a farm but the couple sold it when they decided to build a farmhouse. Isn't that sort of appropriate LOL. I've been busy putting my resume on the ND job websites today. Hopefully I can line up a job before I leave here. Everybody wants to get together with us but they just don't understand how much we have to do in 2 weeks before he leaves. Understandable but jut not workable.

Okay, I'm off to bed. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  12:34:49 AM  Show Profile

My Three Boys and Myself (left to right is Shane, Me, Chris, and Pat)
Chris is bent way over trying to get short like me and Pat. Chris and
Shane are the same heigth.

My Beautiful three year old granddaughter Madeline (she turns four next month)

Shane's Fiance Sadie holding Birthday Girl- Naomi

Faith Marie (Chris' wife/Madeline and Naomi's Mommy)

Well My Porchies...you can see that we all had a very fun birthday wknd in Seattle with family. Baby Naomi turned one despite running a high fever and having a rash all wknd due to teething.
She wanted lots of cuddle time...which made grandmama happy! I loved getting to hold her for long periods of time.
Both girls are so sweet!
I got to go with Madeline to a near by park, where she rode her bike and played on all the play ground equipment. Then I also got to go to her Ballet Class with her on sunday. It was a jam packed wknd but so much fun. Nothing like family togetherness!

We go back at the end of July for Madeline's birthday.
It was great to have all my boys there. They are crazy fun!
Love to still try to "shock" mom when ever they can. LOL

Teacher Tammy...so glad that your mom is out of the hospital.
And how exciting
about your farm situation. Can't wait to see how that all comes out. Waiting on God can be so exciting.

RFM Tammy...wow, 2 weeks is not very much time is it? Nothing like having to move fast! That will keep the ol' adrenalin pumping!

Jan...I bet it feels good to have all that garden stuff done huh? Even if you are sore...there is satisfaction in that kind of aches and pains.

Bunny...can you just pick the mushrooms out of your tomato straw bales? Will they harm the tomatoes???
Hasn't the weather just been absolutely crazy?!* I think Mother Nature is having a good laugh at our expense. lol
Oh, I bet you do great on your finals. You study a lot and seem to have great retention. You will get those scholarships.

Julie...very cute aprons. I like both of them.

Well my lovelies...I am off to bed. I am exhausted from all the rain today and the pain levels are rising.

Seattle was suppose to have been terrible weather last wknd and it was perfect weather. Which was so nice.

Sweet Dreams...and many prayers for all of you,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 05 2012 12:42:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  04:57:32 AM  Show Profile
eggy, what a great family you have, and to be able to cuddle with your grand children. I have one grandson that lives in Texas. The last time I saw him he was 8, that was 10 years ago, now he just graduated last week from high school. We only get a picture, wallet size of him every other year, that is all we hear from him, DIL or son. I keep sending gifts to them and Bob gets mad, but that is still my son, don't know why they treat us like this, but I pray they change before something happens to us and we are not here for them anymore. My son is in his 20th year in the Army there. Oh well, life goes on. So glad you had a good visit and will be able to go again in July.
Tammy, A quick move, but maybe once you are there, you will be able to find something that you will be happy with and afford. Prayers go out to you on a smooth transition. Hopefully you can find a job right away.
A beautiful start to the day here, so I'm off to get dressed and get my laundry going. Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  07:13:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes for me and my mom. She is home from the hospital and from rehab, and I got back to my home in PA last night. She has a neighbor checking on her every day as well as a visiting nurse stopping in and physical therapist also. She is doing pretty well for her age.

Angela - I shipped your swap package on 5/31. Please let me know when you get it. Thank you for being so patient!

I'm not even going to try to catch up on all I have missed in the past 5 weeks - I'm just gonna go forward from here!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  1:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Janet and Luanne...Congratulations!! You each won one of my book give-aways!!!!

Janet won the Blog Book Give-away. "Wildflowers from Winter"

and

Luanne won the Porch give-away "The Dressmaker/Titanic Story"

Luanne your book is going out today and Janet as soon as I get your address your book will go
out.

Sorry girls...no extra tucks with these give-aways as I am getting ready to move into an
apartment and must cut back expenses for a month or two. BUT all that said, You will love
the Reads.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 05 2012 1:54:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  1:34:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy - what a wonderful surprise - thank you!!!

I didn't realize you were moving again - hope it works out well for you.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  7:58:48 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Thank you for the wonderful giveaway. I was surprised to have won, but very glad I did. The book sounds interesting and I am looking forward to reading it in between all that is going on now. Again, thank you.
Since I got up so early today, with the birds, I am tired now and going to bed. Will catch up with you tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  9:23:54 PM  Show Profile
I'm BAAAAA-AAAACK...did ya miss me?(didn't know I was gone did ya?Admit it,go'on)hahaha
Our phone line was disconnected up the street somewhere. So we had no phone,no puter,no Netflix....
Then Hubby's SUV went in to the shop last Tuesday....and we still don't have it back. Luckily the master cylinder is still under warranty...but the brake job and all this labor.....*i-yi-yi*...
don't wanna think about it!
So the phone guy fixes the phone at 11 this morning...but the puter&Netflix wouldn't come back on. So DH spends all day trying to figure it out and calling the help(less) desk a couple different times...and at 5 PM(yes...PM) we have it all fixed. Poor guy is brain-dead...oh...waitand that's different from the other days...how? hahahahaha. Naw...he's a good and HANDY guy to have around.
We had some good bonding time,like the old days before TV and all the electronics that clog up our lives and drive people apart.
So....I had lots to read on here.
Lynette, so sweet of you to help your niece out financially. What a great Auntie. WOW! crazy dust storms. Reminds me of the stories DH would tell me of the sand storms they had in Saudi. Scary to me.Thanks for sharing those pics. Awwwww, so sorry to hear that you are sick now. Feel better soon. Yes, sleep is the best healer.
Alyce, so sorry that you didn't get the house you wanted.
Miranda, congrats on the closing.yeaaaa!
RFMTammy, hooooray, hubby got the job!
Man, all kinds of good news while I was away.
ND from MI...there's a BIG change to get use too. I'm all giggly inside for you!
Oh Kimberly, that is good news. Praise God!
TLTammy, wow, God is moving fast in your behalf.I'm glad for you.Praying for your Mama!
Julie, cute aprons! What is it about aprons that just made you want to giggle....and want more! LOL
I just love them. You can never have too many.
Ruthie,we enjoy tea no matter when it gets here. I feel about tea like my Gr-Granny felt about ice cream. She use to say that she could sit on a snowmound and still eat ice cream. hahaha I say I can sit on a volcano and still drink hot tea. *giggle*
Peg, great family photos! Cute Grands...happy Grandma!
Janet, Congrats on the book give-away!
Never heard of that kind of Dinner-Cinema! Strange...expensive...but posh! *giggle*
Well, it's late, I'm caught up and I'm tired.
Sleep tight everyone!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  6:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies,
I do hope you have had a good day. Today we had someone come and look at our acreage. So we will wait to see if they want to buy it. I pray so. But God is reminding me I need to wait quietly to know His will and not mine. It is a journey of learning as well.

Judy so glad you joined us. You know I would hate for our sweet porch mama to have send the porch posse after you...heheheh

Netty so sorry you have been feeling unwell. I pray you are on the road to health again.

Peggy...you have a lovely family. I just loved that picture.

Julie you have such cute aprons. I love aprons. Can't cook without putting one on.

well ladies I just wanted to drop by and say hello. Time for evening tea and a bit of crocheting.

Love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  7:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Netty, that is a tragic thing to happen to someone so young. My heart goes out the the family. That is so kind of you to babysit for the little boy. Hope you get a good nights rest so you have alot of energy to keep up with him!! LOL!!!
Planted my peppers and tomatoes today, so now my whole garden is planted and happy. Looks nice with everything sprouting. I put up some chicken wire for my peas to climb. I also got caught up with my laundry from camp, so no more smoky smelling clothes laying around.
I am tired and ready for bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  8:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Dh got his SUV back today! yeaaaaaa! Wasn't suppose to until tomorrow, but the repair guy told him to come and get it and he could pay tomorrow. Man-O-Man...I DO NOT want to see that bill. I'm scared. hahaha He's had it 8 days. He called my moms before I got there to tell me that he was going to walk up and get it. I just knew he was going to have to take my car to work again tomorrow. That's why I went to see her today. It's been awhile since I'd seen her. I was going thru Mommy withdrawl. I walked thru her door with some groceries and she says,"Guess what?" I said,"I don't care....give me some hugs...I've missed you so much!" We hugged and hugged and giggled like little girls. We are so funny! Then she told me he called with the news. I clapped my hands and jumped up and down with joy,I was so excited! hahaha It's amazing how much we rely on our cars isn't it? Mom says,"Now you can come back tomorrow and we can go shopping!" What a Mama! hahaha We just might too.
Well, I'm beat. I think it's more stress than actually tired. What a week we've had!
G'Nite Gals! Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  12:32:16 AM  Show Profile
Judy...of coarse we missed ya funny girl but Patsy came on and told us about your puter and car problems and so, I didn't send out the posse to drag ya back by your ears. LOL
Glad everything is fixed now!!! We aren't good without our electronics are we????

Ya all might have to send out the Posse on me in the next month and a half as I have to pack to move. Just found out yesterday that we got the Apartment that we had put in for. It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath and a 1000 square feet. It has a deck and storage unit. So, I am pretty happy.
Not looking forward to packing again...I am beginning to feel like a professional Mover. ha ha! Except I make no money doing it...and it's hard on the ol' bod.
One good thing is, is that DH never got his boxes unpacked...so, he's basicly ready to go. All he ever packs is his bedroom and office, I do all the rest.

Thank you Janet for the compliments on my family. They are my life!
Hope you all will pray for my grandbaby Naomi...the little one. Her fever still has not broke after 7 days. Monday they put her in the hospital and she is still there. They are running every kind of test imaginable on her. The have ruled out a lot of the really serious stuff but so far they do not know what is causing her fever and rash.

I mailed your book out today Janet. Hope you enjoy the read.

Luanne...yours went out yesterday. Yes, the move is really sudden but one we need to make financially. So, now I get to down-size for the 5th time.

Ruthie Ann...before I forget I got your pretty card, red flower tuck, and yummy tea. Thanks so much sweet sister. I was about to send the Posse out on you too but remembered you were busy trying to get your tea-bags out...so I cut you some slack. LOL!

Netty...thanks for thinking my boys are handsome. I do too...but I'm their mother.

Do you know what made you sick? There sure seems to be a lot of stuff going around. Kind of makes ya wonder sometimes...if some one is testing chemical or biological stuff on us.
This day and age you just never know.

We are starting to see some of the debree from the Japanese Tsunami washing up on our coast line. They warned that if you saw tennis shoes and such not to pick them up because they could have a foot in them. Gross!

That was so sad about that young man who died. He was just too young. Two of my boys are close to his age. His family must be devestated.

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the compliment on my family. After raising three boys...it is fun to have granddaughters. I loved having boys though...I am kind of the strange mom who loved bugs, snakes, worms, lizards and all the outdoor type stuff...but my boys hated that kind of stuff. LOL They were city slickers from the word go.
But they did love that I was always outside pitching baseballs to them, playing basketball with them (even tho I am a shrimp) and playing soccer with them. I was a Den Mother and an Indoor Soccer Coach. Went hiking with them. But it is fun now getting to do the girly stuff with the granddaughters.
Except when we were in the park in Seattle on Sat. Madeline saw a worm in the ground and she didn't know what it was. So I told her it was a worm, and I asked her if she wanted to hold it. She said no. So, I said well Grandmama will hold it. So, I picked it up and held it on the palm of my hand. Then I asked her again if she wanted to hold it...and she said Yes.
So i gave it to her and she thought it was so cool! And she said it tickled her hand. I thought her mother might have a heart attack...so, I gave Madeline so handsanitizer when we were done with our worm holding. But she couldn't wait to tell daddy what her and ganmama did.

OK...I am tired. More rain headed our way tomorrow. We are suppose to have a very wet day. Today was nice and I took full advantage of it.

More later...my pretties,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  06:22:15 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all
This has been the first week of summer school. It is now Thursday and finally everything is running smoothly. Well...... smother. LOL When working with teenagers I don't think anything runs really smooth!

My youngest has found a place and will be moving out this month. :( I have mixed emotions about this :) She will be close, still in the same town so that is good. I know she needs to grow and be out of the nest but it was nice to have her hear.

Ruth Ann Sorry for your loss. You have been and will still be in my prayers.

Miranda Awesome news on the house.

Lynette this month :( there will be tears but also joy. :)

Angela I am so sorry for all the stres. You really do sound depressed. I get just like you when the depression hits. Usually I can work out of it if I make myself do something each day or small things every couple of hours. Then i get things done and don't have that guilt whirlwind of activity.

Alyce I know I'm behind but I hope all goes well with the realtor.

Peggy I love that quote. I have a thing for waterfalls. Every time I see one I think of God carving that waterfall out jst so I can see it. Ok So everyone can see it, but I am in awe of His handy work.

janet I love camping I hope you have a great time.

Kimberly so glad to hear from you. i have been praying for you. I miss taking my kids to places like that. Those are such wonderful memories. Even if they do wear us adults out.

TLTammy congrats on the new car.

Well I have only caught up to page 526. I need to get off and get things done before I have to go to work. Hope all of you have a great day.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  06:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies! Looks like everyone is busy and keeping their spirits up. I went to my class yesterday so hopefully I'm done with all this training stuff. STILL trying to clean house. I don't think this will ever get done. Just when I get on a roll some activity comes up and I have to stop. Or regular housecleaning like dishes and laundry take up too much time. And of course coming on here and reading what everyone is doing. I'm working on another apron for DD. She said she needs a "goin ta town" apron. She's cute. It's nice and cloudy here right now. I hope it stays that way. It's too hot already.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  4:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Wow, it's been busy...everywhere! I often lurk, but a lot of times I don't have time to post/reply. This is the first night I've been home all week, and I get to spend it cleaning - yay. How fun. (Not really lol) I was trying really hard to stay on top of my cleaning schedule, but when I'm gone 6 out of 7 nights, it's hard. And I'm way too lazy in the morning to do it! I like my sleep! lol

Praying for everyone who needs it, sending out hugs & happy thoughts. You guys are in my thoughts often :).

So tonight, I went grocery shopping & spent a lot of money! Thank goodness for Mom lending me some! I have to make some dainties for a shower on Saturday, then I thought if I was organized enough, I could make a few crockpot meals (so far it's looking like 2, maybe I'll find something else to make) & some bread (along with the 4 other recipes I have for the shower. No one really said how much we had to make, and it's better to have too much than not enough). Now I have to clean the kitchen, the bathroom & vacuum floors. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm pooped today. Thursdays kick your butt a lot, I find. Can't even save any of it for tomorrow, since I don't know when I'm going to be home :s. Oh well. Get it done & over with, and then I can sit (or go to bed :p).

Talk to ya'll later.....wish me luck on getting things done!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  5:07:17 PM  Show Profile
Busy is the thing now days.
Peg great looking family you have there.
My GDD needed a bit of bailing out as the dog ate her glasses and she has been having shortened hours due to ankle problem and just lack of work.
My DS needs prayer for a new job. The old one, over 15 years in the health care industry, is taking its toll and they are not good about raises. We are redoing his resume tomorrow.
Hi Pam good to hear from you and I have found that about Thursdays.
Netty too bad about the wheat but He will most definitely provide.
Busy again tonight so Hugs to all I have not mentioned, I am thinking about you in any event.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page