Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  5:51:56 PM  Show Profile
I give up girls, I am just TIRED. The stitches have all come out from my surgery, but there is still internal healing (obviously) and some periodic swelling. It just leaves me fatigued all the time.

We had Miranda over for dinner on Tuesday. She went with me to the surgery, so Ric wanted to thank her. It was good to socialize, but I think I overdid it getting the apartment ready! Remind me not to do that again....

Nan, I will be praying for you. I once found a "pay or quit" notice because my then-roommate had been dawdling with her half of the rent. Find out if there is a tenant's rights group in your area. You actually have a lot of options in this situation, and a tenant's rights group can help.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  6:51:31 PM  Show Profile
One more day of work, then hopefully will be off until next Friday. I am not used to working this many days in a row, it makes me feel my age. I am tired.
Had to take Olivia to the vet for her yearly shots and checkup. Back in 2 weeks for a booster of Lyme disease shot. I had her get that because we go camping and ticks carry it, especially around this part of the country.
Nan, I am hoping and praying that all turns out for the best for you.
Debbie, that is wonderful that you are taking care of your friend's 3 children. That is a big job.
Alyce, Hope you get your strength back and more energy. Any kind of surgery will drain you. Just take it easy until you start feeling better.
Emily, That is no fun having a baby with teething pain. I hope it does not last too long for him. Poor baby!!!!
Angela, your garden looks so good. Mine has not come up yet.
Bunny, good luck on the leads. Hopefully your dog sitting will take off during your summer break.
Peggy, I will have to look for that magazine. It looks like a good one. I do not buy too many magazines that have so much advertising in it either. Some are $9.99 and $12.99 now. Way too much when you can go online and get almost any info you can imagine.
Well ladies, I am off to bed. Am tired and have to work again tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  8:51:54 PM  Show Profile
A bit tired but mission accomplished. I have replumbed the old kitchen with new lines, valves and best of all I installed a new non freezing outdoor faucet through the wall. I just need to clean the mess us and spray foam the area from the inside and repair the vapor barrier. I really needed the outdoor faucet for the garden. Had to get that one done.
Bunny great about the sitting site. I wonder if they have anything in Alaska? Will have to look at that one.
Peggy, that mag looks good. Will look for it as well.
Trying a new flea market place on Sat. Hoping it turns out to be a good one.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  10:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers and thots. I don't think I need an advocate for this. Probably if I called and talked to the prop manager, it might change things, but I'm not going to, at least not righ now. My feelings are hurt and I'm mad. i dont want to talk to her.

And this is a specific category of notice: "without stated cause" a legal category. She doesn't have to say why, and can't be made to say why, and if I ask, she probably won't tell me, because this is now official, and now she has to abide by the notice.

What I'm going to do is go on with my original plan, which is to clean up the house, and then move furniture and stuff out to storage utnil I find a place. I will make the house not only clean, but showable. I'll send pics to the landlord and Realtor when I get to that point which should be in about two weeks. They can do what they want then.

I'm going to remove my plants from the garden and put in snapdragons or pansies or something, and spread mulch and do some weed whacking and weeding, and make it as nice as I can.

I'll probably move my potted plants to a friends house for safekeeping in the meantime. I'll also write and tell them the things i know that need to be dealt with in the house and garden, which isn't much, because I already told the landlord. I'm going to heap burning coals on their heads by being really nice and doing a really good job. I don't think it will take that much work.

But I don't plan on calling them. If they want to talk to me, they can call me. And hopefully, it will go to voicemail and i can leave voicemail back. Or just write. At some point I'm going to say that what they did was unkind and rude and hurt my feelings. And it was unnecessary. All they had to do was keep on talking to me.

My firend called to say my bees are filling their first hive body, s o i also need to build and paint my second one and send for more frames and foudation this week. If it gets too full they might swarm. She said it's really filled up within the last two weeks. That's prob. cause everything is blooming.

I saw my counselor today, and he said I need to breathe, to make room for myself, and to have some control over me. When I get scared like that, I feel squished flat, and I cant think. I also went swimming and I'm reminding myself that God will not abandon me.

I have to keep exercising, I forgot that when I don't, I will get depressed. It taks about 6 weeks. And it's been much longer than that. so I swam tonight and will tomorrow. And next week I'm going to the gym, too.

I'm also not going to abandon all those me things, like art and the volunteer stuff i do.

I must start writing again,a nd mail stuff. I could also start and Etsy site, just havne't done it. But a bunch of you guys do that.

Anyway, that's the latest. thanks for caring. Thanks that I can come here and share all this.

I am a Farmgirl, one way or another, by golly.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  10:33:51 PM  Show Profile
I love that magazine, but it costs a lot, $32 something for 6 issues a year. maybe later, it sounds like it's up our alley.
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  12:03:12 AM  Show Profile
Well, ladies, if anyone is looking for a good way to lose weight, try getting the super crazy floo I'm just getting over! I lost 9 pounds on 2 weeks. I feel a lot better - I can think! And breathe! And eat!

Judy - I didn't say I can think too good, though. On your last post you said something about your plant pots and I read it backwards like three times, rubbing my eyes and squinting in disbelief! It would've given your User Name a whole new meaning!

Cherime - Thanks for posting about your plumbing project. I have some big projects waiting for my can-do too. I'm trying not to push myself too hard right yet; I've only been back on my feet a couple days & I'd hate to lose what I got...

Angela - I'm so happy to see that things are looking up for you! Happy Spring!!

Tammy - Have a great summer!

Hi, everyone else! Lots of you I haven't had the pleasure yet...

So, here's my version of "taking it easy:" Yesterday morning I went downtown to meet a couple ladies for breakfast and a second organizational meeting for a local farmgirl chapter. Then today I went over to one of my new sister's house and helped sort through boxes for goodies. We were specifically looking for buttons etc to do the Buttoned Up merit badge at our first meeting next Thursday.

Funny: Last week I went downtown to drop off the press release for the new club. I had my name on the byline, and after my best shot at explaining what the club is about, I gave a short profile of each of the other ladies. At the end of the intro paragraph I put, "And me, I just have a lot of gumption!"

I know I am pretty sloppy with my grammar on the forum, but Writing was my major in college - until I realized how stupid it was to spend $300,000 to learn how to do something that may never earn me a penny! Anyway the paper didn't edit a single comma or delete anything except the sentence about gumption. I told my sister and the guys in the band that the people at the Barbour Blabber must not have thought it was true enough to print!

elysiumeveryday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  12:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies...oops it is 12:07...Good Morning Porchies!

Nan...My husband and son & future DIL work for a Property Management Company. What you got isn't really an eviction notice it is a notice to vacate said property...if it was an eviction it would be a 3 day notice. A No stated Cause notice could simply mean that the owner has decided he/she wants to move back into the home themselves, or place a family member there, or maybe they are going to fix it up to put it up for sale. It could be one of any number things.
I think you are taking personal affront to something that isn't a bad thing at all...and nothing you did. They have given you ample time to vacate. 60 days is awesome...they only had to give you 20 days under the law.
So, don't let your feelings get in the way...call them up and ask them to explain further. And this should have absolutely no bad consequence at all for renting other properties. You probably still are a perfect tenant in their eyes...just something has come up where the landlord wants his property back for personal reasons.

Hope this helps my friend!

Bunny and Julie...that whole pet thing is just neat. I do love how we look out for each other!!

Angela and others...I bought that magazine for 6.95 and on the back inside cover it says you can subscripe to it for $25.00 (Not 32.00) for 6 issues.
To me, the issues are so beautiful and such good articles that it is worth the price. Like I said, I read for 1 hour yesterday and I only got through 1/4 the magazine's articles. I still have more enjoyment to come from it. I'm not sure if I will subscribe to it but I will definately be buying it again. With the cost of magazines...I am very picky about what I buy or subscribe to. And I just pick 2 per yr. to subscribe to. That is why I said Grit had too many advertisements in it. I don't want to purchase advertisements, I want some quality to the magazine and some indepth and fascinating articles.

I have never seen that Sandra Bullock movie, but I do think she is so cute.

Your garden looks like it is thriving! Did you plant your community garden?

Emily...my kids always liked those teethers that you froze or cold popcycles rubbed on their gums.

Debbie...I think you are one special lady to take on three kids, I don't care how good of friends you are. That is a lot of responsibilty...so, I can tell you have a BIG GENEROUS HEART!

Alyce...you will get over the fatigue in due time. Remember anything surgically done takes a toll on your body for awhile. Hang in there girl!

HI Netty...how you doing tonight girl?

Janet...you sound like you need a good rest!! Sounds like we all have a little tiredness going around. Maybe a lot of it has to do with the season changes and all the strange weather all over the country.

Cherime...you my friend, I always invision with a hip belt and tools. LOL You are Mrs. Fix-It!
Are you selling at the Flea Market or buying??? I would probably buy more than I sold. Ha Ha!

Hi Sarah...you and I were posting at the same time. Then I had to hop
back on and fix some spelling mistakes (because I am brain dead). LOL

Well, girls...I am pooped. Taught Bible Study tonight. It was our last lesson of this Study. But next week we are having a Birthday Celebration and the week after that we are doing a baby shower for one of our gals.
Then in June we start our Summer Crafting/Gab Sessions...which is always fun!

OK, Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 18 2012 12:52:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  06:05:00 AM  Show Profile
Selling jewelry, baby blankets, stuffed animals, crochet items and my daughter's cookie mixes and packaged rice mixes.
That was a tough plumbing project as I had to take apart the old stuff without causing a bigger mess than necessary. I turned off the water and positioned a big plastic tub beneath the first line I took apart. That section of the pipe did not have shut off valves so to make life easier for myself I invested in the shark/gator bite valves. cut each pipe then installed the valves so that I could turn the water back on put the other stuff together then hook all together and turn the valves on one at a time so I could check for leaks on the hot and cold lines one at a time. I used the shark/gator bite fittings for the entire installation. I got acetone poisoning when I was younger and cannot stand to be around the fumes from the pipe glue for CPVC pipe. I checked on the internet and shark bite fittings have always been good but apparently several years ago the gator bite ones were made from copper and failed frequently. Those were discontinued and the bodies of the fittings are now made of brass like the other brand.
Off to Walmart early this am then the dump. Need to do a little clean up of the yard and winter left over from projects junk. Blessing all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  07:59:38 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, thanks very much. Here they have to give me 60 days. the reason I was so hurt was that I had had converstions with the owener, and gone through all this stuff about showing the house, and if I had to vacate sooner than the 60 days after the house was sold, she'd compensate me, and compensate me if the Realtor showed up to show the house unnannounced, and so on and on. Lots of communication. Then they toured the really messy house and suddenly I have 60 days to vacate period, with no communication. So I figure that they have decided to get me out in order to show the house. It's that they suddenly aren't talking to me, and have suddenly changed the terms. The way they did it was very unkind. And not terribly bright because I am still going to make the house show worthy whether they want it or not. I'll be cleaning, then clearing stuff and taking pics if they want to use them.Before all this, the prop manager had said that she has lots of owner who put their houses up for sale every Spring or so, and nothing happens, and prbably I won't have to move at all.

It's just the rudeness. and I've been depressed, so it hurt a lot.

Today I am clothed, upright, in my right mind and pissed. Fine. Don't talk to me. I'm going to go on with what I'm doing, but minus the paranoia. I'll get it done, and get things sorted and there is a house for me somewhere.

In fact, in these circs, they won't be coming around at all because they don't plan on doing anything until I'm gone. And that was my time frame, more or less.

Thank you all for kindness, support and prayers.
I'm taking my jeans and work jacket with me to change into after work, to do the other stuff I'm doing.
I WILL have some kind of farm something. HA!

I knew a doc once, a psychiatrist, who told me that one way to help depressed people was to get them really angry, because it jolted them out of the stuck place, and got them moving, and then they could work on things and move on in their lives. Well, it works.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  08:20:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi! Im trying to earn my expect level of shopping green badge. Im wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out? All you have to do is be part of a reuseable bag swap. So who's interested? Hoping everyone.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  10:55:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

Debbie They are cute. I bet they are keeping you really busy. LOL

Angela I know the feeling when I shared the total with my DH he could not believe it. The funny thing is I really haven't missed it. I thought I would have withdrawls or something. I guess it is the reason I quit. I always have some cash with me in case I want one so it is not like I can't have it. I am choosing not to. $1.49 times 30 is $44.70 a month and that is not including tax!!!

Lynette I love the pic. I feel like that some days. I ask where do all these clothes come from?

Tea Lady Tammy I know the rash feeling. Been there done that. LOL Now I make my own so that is not a problem.

Peggy I also read Grit and a couple of others by the same publisher. They do have a lot of advertising, but the articles are worth it. That to me is the test of a good magazine. Are the articles worth the cost?
The alpacas do look like stuffed animales. I think that is why I like them I have always been a teddy bear fan. LOL

Oh Nan I am so sorry about the notice. I will keep you in my prayers girl. We got one once because the lady wanted her house back. She only gave us 30 days. At least they are giving you 60.
I know about making bad decisions I have been there. Asking for help to get it all straightened out is the first step.

Bunny congrats on the new lead. Hope the site works for you.

Sarah i would love to lose 9 pounds but I really do not want to get sick to do it. LOL I am glad you are better. Being sick is no fun at all.

Cherime Sounds like a lot of work, but I bet it was worth it. My DH had to replace a frost free out side faucet. We ended up taking the ceiling out in the basement bathroom because who ever put it in did not just put in a joint and screw it in. The made it a solid piece. My DH had to redo all of it. He was not a happy camper. LOL

Ruth Ann A reuseable bag swap? I would be interested. Sounds like fun.

Today is the last day for the seniors. It has been more like a party day than a work day. LOL I have mostly seniors. Next week is the last week for school here. It will be a quiet week. With the seniors gone I will only have a couple of students in each class. Time to clean and pack the room. Oh what fun Not!!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  1:31:16 PM  Show Profile
ROFL....Oh Sarah.....you are one funny Gal! (still laughing)
Angela, love the picture of your "jungle!" Very Lush!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  5:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann I would be interested in the bag swap if it will help you out.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  6:09:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dianne.
I'm even more better now. I asked for prayer all over the place, and I am now ok again. I have continued to calm down.

They have to give me 60 days (and really, it is more, because it is July 31) because I've lived here longer than a year.
But really, I no longer have to deal with showing the house. All I have to do is to clean and pack and move, which is enough. But no staging, maybe even no storing of things. It doesn't really matter what I do here, because they aren't going to bother me. It finally sank in.

So less rush. But still, I feel so good about the parts I have cleaned, I'll keep it up. And today after work I washed my big bedspread and some blankets in the large laundromat machine in town. I've been putting that off for probably almost a year. So that's done and it was easy. I keep saying that -- this is easy.
So I'm kicking back and reading my mystery novel by Susan Wittig Albert.

Nettie, I so get that. I tried to write to here last night on my phone and finally gave up and got out my netbook.

Cherime, I'm so impressed that you are a plumber.

I've decided that I really would rather just have my own place, so I don't have to fuss about what a landlord thinks. And that will take a miracle, too, so y'all could pray about that.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  12:40:14 AM  Show Profile
Good Very Early Morning to You Porchies...

Cherime...I would come to your booth and buy from you. All sounds wonderful.

Nan...I can tell that God is helping get you through this. Sometimes it does take something ticking you off royaly to really set the adrenaline in motion. So, you go girl!
We rented a condo from a guy about 6 yrs ago...he got transfered to another state...but we had only been in his place 9 months when we got a 30 day notice that we had to move. And come to find out it was because his sister broke up with her boyfriend and she needed someplace to move to. I was pretty ticked over that myself.

Ruthie...does this have to be a reusable bag that we have made???? I have some brand new plastic reusable bags...that I purchased...so, if it can be one of those...I will do your swap. But If I have to have made it, count me out. I want to help you out...so, just let me know.

Dianne...the alpacas really do have that kind of Teddy Bear look to them. So very cute!
I will look at Grit a little more closely, I may change my mind...but that was my first impression.

Netty...you need to type your posts on either "sticky notes"
or "Notepad" on your computer, copy what you typed and then paste into the MJF Post box. That is what I do, so I don't lose all my typing. Been there done that, makes me madder than hops!!!! On your start bar, use the icon that gives you all the programs on your computer. Just look for sticky notes or word pad...click on one of them (I use sticky notes) and it will allow you to type right next to everyone elses posts, so you can see what they wrote and make your comments to them.
If you scroll down to read another Porchies post your sticky notes will look like you've lost them but you havent they are down on your start bar...just click on them again...and continue typing.

Nan...just kill them with kindness...then you will have no regrets, when you look back on the whole thing, from your new place of living.

Off to bed to read.
Night my Lovelies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 19 2012 12:44:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Howdy Gals!
Peg, another StickyNotes tip: I got tired of retrieving the notes from the bar(the back &forth thing)and I thought, Why don't I just shrink the MJ screen,then leave the sticky notes in the area beside MJ'S?~waalaaaa~ now they're side by side the whole time I'm typing. No more bouncing back 'n forth. So handy!
Netty, I read the other day that pets can get allergies just like we do in spring. I had to laugh at that. I never knew.
When I was growing up,we had a cat that we called Snot-nose, for the same reasons as you said. We found out that she had distemper.
I hope your cat just has allergies. I would have loved to see them playing together. That's funny!
Pets make us laugh, Laughter is the Best Medicine....it's a win-win situation! lol
Well, off to Mama's for the afternoon. Later Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 19 2012 09:44:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  10:02:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies,
I have brought grilled cheese sandwiches, strawberry lemonade and brownies for lunch. I know a rare thing for me to not bring tea. Hubby wanted some lemonade so sharing with yall.

I just got done cleaning my house and now finishing up laundry. I love the smell of fresh and clean in my house. Hubby is doing a few honey do jobs we had to put off until school was out well now school is out so I said we best get on these..hahahahha He said no rest for me is there and I said nope.

Jax my sweet pup is loving me home. He doesn't let me out of his sight. He has a little spot all his in my room where I have tea and things. Cracks me up. He sleeps with one eye open to keep an eye on me.

Well I best skedaddle for now. Dryer is just dinged and then hubby and I will continue on my list.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  10:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Evening, girls!

Ghastly hot and humid today, so of course my "girl time" showed up. Ugh.

Netty, she did not--but Mister and I both are a bit house proud. Been kicking back the past few days!

Tammy, lemonade sounds divine! Thank you!

Nan, I like the way you are tackling this. If that is how they treat you, they can go jump!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  12:16:14 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Netty...I had so many times when I would type nice lengthy posts, responding to everyone and then right at the last minute, poof! it was all gone. Would make me so mad...I would wait an entire day before I post again. I think it was Judy who told me about using sticky notes. And it has been a life safer.

Judy...thanks for mentioning shrinking the MJF posts, but I don't mind doing it that way I am.
How was your momma today?

Nan...I still say kill them with kindness and you will be the bigger person for having done so.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, the preverbial honey do list huh? I have never made my husband one because he does nothing around the house except helping with mowing the lawn now. He does half and I do half.
I bet Jax is really growing! About time for another picture of him don't ya think.
Yum, strawberry Lemonade, grilled cheese sandwiches and brownies...thanks !

Alyce...awfully glad I don't have to deal with that monthly problem any more. It is quite delightful...being past all that.

Well, my youngest son and fiance had me over for breakfast this morning. Which was nice. Then I went with them to a Furniture Store where they bought a new bed and their Dad and Me a new dining room table. We needed one but I sure didn't expect my son to buy us one. The kid spoils us like crazy!!! Anyway, I tried talking him out of it but he bought it anyway and it will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. I told them I would fix them Sunday dinner for the next 50 yrs. LOL It is just what I had been wanting but was waiting for them to go on sale...which they did but not nearly as low as I had seen them before. It has a bench that sits two on one side and then 4 other chairs. It is really perfect for family dinners. The table I have now seats two and I will just move that out on to the Porch.

I am very tired tonight. Weather changing to rain starting in the morning and going all week. Yuck!

Night girls....more gab tomorrow,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  12:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

I've been MIA for almost a month - sorry I haven't kept in touch. My Mom had heart surgery last Thursday, so I am at the hospital from 8:00 a.m. to about 7:00 p.m. - plus an hour commute morning and night from her house to the hospital. She is doing OK considering she is 83 years old. She is still very weak and sleeps a lot, but hopefully she will bounce back enough to be somewhat independent. that's what she really wants.

Angela - I promise you I haven't forgotten our swap. It's just almsot impossible to do any shopping with the schedule I'm on right now. The hospital isn't even near any stores I could quickly run out to. I will get something to you just as soon as things calm down a little.

Hugs to all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  1:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Louanne. Praying for you.
Ladies, I have scouted all the used book stores for how to stuff. In reality it did not look that difficult if I just figured it out more or less before starting, how I needed to end up. But believe me when I say that you always wind up doing it differently than what you first envisioned. So always save those receipts for the stuff that you will wind up returning when you get other stuff ;>). Those SharkBite fittings that Home Depot sells are great but spendy. What I have done in the past is to cut and glue up all that I could of the CPVC stuff outside. That way the fumes do not do me in. Then I make the final connections with the SharkBite stuff and that saves me $$$.
The men at church offer to help but they really do not have the time to do that. So I had to figure it out on my own.
The flea market was great. I will do that again very soon. Not every Sat. too much for DD and I. But maybe every other week. He really liked having us there, we always look GOOD! That lures them in.
Blessings all. Off the Torah classes tonight.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  4:24:00 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday Girls!
RuthAnn is our "TeaBags" tea hostess for May BTW!Are ya "on it" Ruthie? *giggle* I totally forgot about it until I looked at the calendar today. The 20th??? Accckkk! It's almost June!!
Hi Peg, thanks for asking about Mama! She had made a pan full of spanish rice from a carton of plain rice I had given her. It came with chinese food and I never eat it. She likes to make heavenly rice with it. But this time she made spanish rice. I hadn't had that in years. Man did it hit the spot. Then we sat out on her balcony and watched traffic and people and drank coffee. She has a 9th floor apartment,facing north, so you can see a lot of Canton from there. There was a slight breeze so it was nice despite the 84 degrees and full sun that can make town unbearable. Lots of blacktop and concrete there. She really misses the country,but at 84 it's just not possible anymore.Like I always say, I hope&Pray that if I live to be 84,Lord willing,i hope I'm half as spry as that special lady.
Well DH is off today thru Wednesday, so we cooked out on the patio today. Nothing much...burgers,mom's tater salad,macarini salad and baked beans and lemonade.(she makes stuff and gives it to me hahaha yes I got the spanish rice too) It got pretty warm today. 85 Tomorrow is suppose to be only 80 so we are going to Amish country for the day. Then we'll put some flowers we bought into hanging pots and patio pots to decorate the patio and sidewalks.It always does a heart good to watch flowers go through their different stages all summer and fall. Amen?
Well, later Gators!
Time for a shower and movie.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 20 2012 4:34:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  6:54:21 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
It was a beautiful day here in Nebraska. We got a bit of rain last night so good for the crops and things. Air this morning smelled so fresh.
Hubby and I finished up the to do list. Today I shampooed my carpets and he fixed a door to my room and hung some blinds for me. So my house smells like summer now.
Tomorrow hubby is going out of town for few days for work so I am going to have house to myself and am planning on relaxing. After getting some much needed things done around house time to sit and just be sounds appealing.

Peggy that is so sweet about your son getting you your table. I think that is just the neatest thing how he spoils you.

Well ladies I am pooped so I am off to have some tea and read for a bit.
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  2:16:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Lynette I remember those days. i have six kids. If I did not do 1 or 2 loads a day, I would not be able to find the washing machine. It would be buried under a mountain of clothes. LOL So glad they are grown and on their own. All except the youngest DD she is still home, but does her own laundry.

TL Tammy thanks for the lemonade. I love lemonade but just don't make it enough.

Luanne Praying for your momma. Hospital are no fun.

It is warm but suppose to rain. In fact the whole week just goes down hill. But it is headed into Memorial Day weekend, so what did I expect. LOL Peggy can you send some sunshine this way. It is almost June. LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  2:59:58 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann, if you're short people on your swap, let me know. As long as it's not one that you have to make, I can join :).

Netty & girls who use a different "sticky note" or wordpad: Does it work if you hit "control z" to undo? I don't think I've ever had that problem, unless I accidentally hit to close the window :s.

Tea_Lady_Tammy - that sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing! Glad your house smells like summer now :). Isn't it nice to have things done & be able to fully relax?

Peggy Ann, that is so nice of your son & his fiancee to buy you a new dining room table. I hope you enjoy it!

Luanne - hope your Mom gets better soon!

Dianne - it's our long weekend (Victoria Day) & Friday, Saturday & today were kind of cool & rainy-ish (not consistently, just threatening). It did rain on Friday night/Saturday morning. Yesterday was beautiful out. I should have done my laundry then, but I didn't. Of course, the weather is bleh because of the long weekend. At least it's not snowing lol. I heard in Alberta they had snow on Saturday I think it was.

Kinda busy today. Got home from house-sitting around 11 & was going to plant my "garden"....but I don't have anything for drainage in the bottom of the containers. And I don't feel right just going out to the few gravel pits (I think they are for the highways, I don't know) taking some. If I knew I wouldn't get caught doing it, I would probably do it lol. But oh well. I'll get it soon!

I decided to make some bread today .... it's not ready yet, but whenever it is, there's a loaf here for all of you! It makes 4, which is more than I usually make, but I figured with the freezer, it's alright lol. Then I decided to make some potato soup with my leftover potatoes from 2 weeks ago (yikes!). It tastes alright, but it's not my "usual". I think because the potatoes were garlic roasted & I usually just use plain. Did up my dishes and did some laundry - I need to fold up the rest of it & put it away now....

Oh, I was watching a few interesting shows yesterday -Victorian Farmers (kind of like Pioneer Quest was up here in Canada)& To Make A Farm. And the best thing was, there were no commercials :). But both shows were really interesting. I'm going to have to keep an eye on them & see if they air online...and get a cable hook-up from my computer to my tv! lol

ETA: On To Make A Farm, there was this one couple that had animals, and they had 2 ducks named "duck duck" because that one thought she was a duck & "chicken duck" because this one thought she was a chicken & abandoned Duck Duck to be with the chickens - it was so cute! I thought if I ever get ducks & chickens (unlikely but you never know what God has planned, right?) I would name them something fun like that lol.

Well, I better go & do some more stuff before I run out of energy & motivation lol. I have 2 loads of clothes to fold up & other ones to check. Bread should be ready in about 2 hours (Finally!!)!!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on May 21 2012 3:10:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page