Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  6:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm glad you like your swap package. I had fun putting it together. I had the same female problems you are having right now. I'm so glad I had the surgery. Soooo much better now. My doc left my ovaries though which is good. If it gets too bad, really think about it. I have to say for me it was worth it.
I love the hat you made! It is Awesome!

I'm doing much better today. It was more of a stress headache. I clench my teeth at night.

Peggy the weather here has been perfect! Not too hot. I'm sure that will change soon. I'm not a hot weather person. Probably that British and Danish blood. Bummer about you biting your tongue.

Angela, you are way too organized. I could never pull all that off. I bet it gives you a sense of peace to have it done.

I love seeing all the cool things everyone has gotten from their swap partner. What fun!

Well, I need to veg out for a while. Just got done with homework. Not having fun with it! Learning about bonds, future values, premiums.... And of course none of my numbers came out right. I finally just had to give up and I'll have to ask the teacher for help. Fun......not!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  6:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm glad you like your swap package. I had fun putting it together. I had the same female problems you are having right now. I'm so glad I had the surgery. Soooo much better now. My doc left my ovaries though which is good. If it gets too bad, really think about it. I have to say for me it was worth it.
I love the hat you made! It is Awesome!

I'm doing much better today. It was more of a stress headache. I clench my teeth at night.

Peggy the weather here has been perfect! Not too hot. I'm sure that will change soon. I'm not a hot weather person. Probably that British and Danish blood. Bummer about you biting your tongue.

Angela, you are way too organized. I could never pull all that off. I bet it gives you a sense of peace to have it done.

I love seeing all the cool things everyone has gotten from their swap partner. What fun!

Well, I need to veg out for a while. Just got done with homework. Not having fun with it! Learning about bonds, future values, premiums.... And of course none of my numbers came out right. I finally just had to give up and I'll have to ask the teacher for help. Fun......not!

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  6:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Arggghhhh! iPad is making me crazy!

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  6:47:41 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, yes she's a very cute girl and I'm sure she's perfect. I just wanna squish the alpaca. So cuddly looking.
Sarah, I kid you mnot,I had those choc covered coffee beans in my frige in a glass jar. I told Mom I actually had something you were craving/NEEDING!!! hahaha. I love when that happens. I had all that purple stuff on hand too. I had 2 of those plant-roosters. i gave my Sister the blue one. She loves blue. Our local garden center has that cute stuff every year. I always buy extra. heehee
Ok Gals, Sarah also sent me a box of "cold Relief Tea" but I forgot to put it in the pic.22 bags to be exact! But my hubby has a terrible sounding chest congestion and has been in the tea already. His bark sounds awful. That tea has lots of ginger&echinacea in it and is going to come in handy!Good choice Sarah!
Cherime, that's how our horseradish is. We moved it a cople of years ago, but it keeps coming back where it had been.
RFMTammy, what a GREAT hat!Love the colors!Nice job! Yeaaaaa....you got the job AND had another offer to boot! Cool! *jumps up&down with excitement-clapping* (no Peg,I didn't say I have the clap& no, Alyce isn't a boxer either)hearing aids are next girl! ROFL Tammy, "Roving through the Yarn Store" ...just doesn't have the same effect does it" hahaha
Angela, so sorry to hear that you lots your tomatoes. I hate it when that happens!I started my own and they are craving light and are so spindly. I may have to plant them and build a plastic tunnel to protect them from the crazy grackles&blackbirds. We'll see.
Well Gals,it's late and I need a cuppa and my Poirot movie! Toodles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  7:51:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!

Patsy...So cute! I love the leaves. I had some chickens like that once. They are so nice hangin in a window!

TLTammy...I am sure you will miss your little butterflies. Keep pluggin away at that crochet. I will find time this winter to learn!

Bunny...I tend to clench my teeth at night as well when I'm stressed. My Hubby put some muscle rub on my jaw joints one night a few years ago when things were gettin pretty bad. It really helped. I do it any night when I feel stressed at bed time now. It doesn't stop it, but it does make it bearable.

Judy...I planted my little sprouts a bit earlier than I should have, but I covered them with milk jugs and 2 liter soda bottles with the bottoms removed. I took off the lids when it was really hot in the afternoons and replaced them as the temps dropped at night. It worked perfectly for all the plants I started myself, but the store bought ones just wilted and died! I kept them watered and fertilized. I didn't remove the tops for waterin, just soaked the pots very well, but they stayed moist inside the covers. I don't understand. I've decided not to buy starts for anything I can get to sprout on my own from now on.

I'm off to bed. It's been a long day and I have a garden to start plantin tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  12:26:12 AM  Show Profile

Here is Snickers Smiling At you for ALL the nice compliments you gave him! LOL

Evening girls...

Alyce... I am so glad I got that wrong about you being a boxer. Who said that anyway???? I will have to go back and see if I read it wrong. I am a fast reader... so maybe I need to slow down. LOL

RFM Tammy...love the hat! The Celtic Knots are cool!

My husband told me after I bought him the Scotty...that he didn't like Terriers, he liked big dogs. First I had ever heard that...and we had been married 25 yrs. It hurt my feelings at first, and besides you can't have big dogs in apartments. But he has grown to love Snickers personality so much...he can no longer say he doesn't like Terriers.

Also, ditto on what Bunny shared with the whole messed up
menstral cycle...I ended up having a partial hysterectomy too (ovaries left in) and I felt so much better after I had it done. I was 37 yrs.old/which was earlier than I had wanted it done...but after I felt a zillion times better I was glad that I took care of it earlier rather than later. And I too was on the extra iron for years because of heavy bleeding and two DNC's. Thats how I know the additional problems it can cause.

Bunny...when your IPad posts twice...you can go to the icons at the top of your page and you will see a piece of paper with a garbage can...click on that and do what it asks and you will be able to get rid of the second post.
Heard you guys got to 97 today...now that is HOT. We hit 90. It was glorious...I loved it. And it cooled down really well tonight. It is 61, where you guys are still around 74. It will be a nice temp. for sleeping here tonight. Last night it was too warm when we first went to bed.

Angela...glad to see you on here girl. Well, you just keep getting more and more organized. Good for you! Somebodies got to be. LOL
Your breakfast dinner sounded good. One of my favorite dinners is breakfast because I rarely want breakfast at breakfast time. lol

Patsy...thanks for posting for that PITBS of yours. Ha Ha! Loved everything you got Judy! Lovely. I like the looks of those wire and stone Leaf Wall-Hangers. So Much Fun in one pkg, huh?

Teacher Tammy...Thanks for the Brownies and Strawberry Tea tonight.
Oh, I bet the Butterflies had fun with a picnic at the park. Sounds like fun...maybe I should pack myself a picnic lunch and take my Snickers to the Park one day this week.
Sounds like big people fun thing to do too.
Glad you are at the end of the School year. Hope you have a wonderful summer break!

Well, DH and I have early Dr.s Apptmnts in the morning so I guess I better get my tush in bed. I will have to be up earlier than the chickens.

Sleep tight and don't feed the Nightmares,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 15 2012 12:32:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  05:01:54 AM  Show Profile
Ha ha ha Oh Peggy. It was me who said I could never be a boxer. Don't know why getting bumped and bruised on other parts of the body doesn't bother me so much, but getting konked in the head will get me crying right away. I also have a very sensitive scalp. If I let the hair lady do one of those scalp massages while washing my hair, my head will be all bruised and hurting. So of course my DH is a little klutzy. On one date we stopped to help his friend move some 2x4s and yep, I got bonked in the head. Waaaaaaaaah!!

Sorry if there is drool on your hat Tammy. It was me. It's so pretty. Great work and craftswomanship. Maybe one day I will be that good.

Not sure about the weather today. Might go meet a friend for breakfast.

Great job on the organization Angela.

A picnic with little butterflies sounds fabulous!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  09:32:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Peggy...I have a whole section of breakfast foods in my menu planner section of my home binder! I love breakfast food and make sure we have it at least once a week.

Julie...I have a spot on the top of my head that is soooo sensitive. It's right where the top button thing is on ballcaps. Hubby calls it my soft spot. Of course it's where I always seem to get bumped whenever I hit my head. Then it's instant tears and instant headache! I have given up wearin ball caps all together and I gaurd that spot like it's life and death. Sensitive spots suck!!!

I'm spendin today restin for the most part. I had planned to garden, but no ones available to watch the girls for me. I guess the garden has to wait for tomorrow. I'm gonna take a long soak in the tub this afternoon and trim up my nails. I keep them long most of the year, but plantin and harvestin season they have to be short. I kept them long for my nephews weddin this last weekend, but now it's time for them to go.

It was a really neat weddin. I was really worried about it. They were havin it at a country club and her family is from money. I was so dreadin how the girls might act, not bein used to that particular setting. It turned out great! They had things set up for the kids big time. There was a candy station with little bags for them to fill, and they served fresh cut up fruit, sandwich rollups, and pizza! The cake was a little cake for them to cut and then towers of cupcakes in three different flavors. They even set up a play room with color books, crayons, kids puzzles and toys.

I was so shocked at the weddin ceremony itself. They had prearranged seatin for everyone and a professional violinist playin. Then, everything went wrong. The brides dress broke! The hooks at the top pulled out! She safety pinned it. Then as she's walkin down the isle she stops, busts out laughin and announces she forgot the rings and doesn't know where they are! The best man offers his ring as a stand in and she comes on down the isle just acceptin it. Then they start to do the silken cord tied in a true lovers knot. My nephew can't do it! His keeps comin untied! She's laughin and yells out, "I told him to practice this!" The whole weddin party is laughin, everyone there is laughin, I couldn't believe it! Then when the minister turns them to pronounce them husband and wife the best man steps out beside them and adds "And Husband!" He said since they used his ring he was in it too!

Any person I know would be in a total meltdown over just one of those things goin wrong. My new niece was laughin and thought it was fine and would make her weddin completely memoriable! What a great woman for my nephew!

They even took a football and put the garter on it and then the she hiked it to him and he threw it to the guys! It was so cute. He was a football player when they met and now is a coach. I loved how they included him like that.

I was so glad she is so down to earth. Her parents were very upset at how everything was goin and they didn't really mingle and talk much at the reception, but it was really nice.

I'm off to see about that soak! Catch you all later!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  10:46:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Sarah i am sorry you feel so yucky. I hate when the cold or flu hangs on and wont go away. Some of those teas should do the trick.

Peggy they went to the Oregan beaches. I am with you I really like the Oregan beaches best. There are some awesome rocky beaches in WA. though.
No not going to order on line. Then I wouldn't have a reason to go back to Portland. LOL Maybe next time I will have more time and can stop and visit with you and Bunny.

RFTammy that is a beautiful hat. Did you creat the pattern?
I guess I don't understand why you don't want a hysterectomy? Do you still want to have children? I know it is each woman's personal choice. I resect that. I didn't have a choice it was take it out or it fell out! (sorry to be a little graphic there).
I am still learning to spin so I am working with wool. It is easier to learn with. We have 2 or I should say we are in the process of purchasing 2. Amaretta that is in the pic and Brandy. I will get a pic of Brandy and send it later. They are both young and this will be their first shearing. Hopefuly I will be good enough to spin some of their fiber into yarn.

Angela I had to laugh when you said you found where money was being spent needlessly. I sat down and figured out how much my one 20oz coke a day cost for a month. That took care of that. LOL

Bunny I hope I have more time the next time I head to Portland. We did stop in The Dalles to eat on the way home. Everyone was starving after the hike. We ate at Cousins. It was a fun and the food was good.
I am glad you are feeling better. I can take a lot of pain but not a headache. That knocks me right out.

Peggy thank you for sending a smile from Snickers. He is just so cute.

Well I have paper work to get done. I needed a break and new the porch was the place to rest my brain for a while. Paper work is the only part of this job that i really do not like!!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  12:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hey ya'll *waving* to everyone,
man, loving all the pics being posted of different stuff. it figures, i want to post and it's thundering and raining. just so there's no lightning or I'm outta here.

PeggyAnn: you realize that you spelled Pitbulls didn't you? ROFL ..and i LOVE smiling Snickers with the ornery eyes. :)

Angela: sorry you lost your store plants. i love "hatching" babies myself to put in the ground and that 6x8 greenhouse gives me just enough room to play. :) hope your babies give you lots of fruit for your labors. i found recently that i was grinding my teeth at night and bought a nice, thin guard at Dollar General in the dental section and let me tell you, it works and you can wear it on top or bottom. ;) get one girlfriend.
sounds like the wedding was "fun", just the way i would want it to be if there were any problems. :)

well, before i get shut down by this weather, going for now, hugs n squeezles n prayers to all who need or want them. :) bye for now

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  7:25:39 PM  Show Profile
RFMTammy - that is a neat hat, I like it! Good job on it :).

Natesgirl, happy to hear that you got your spring cleaning done - it's so nice to get rid of a lot of stuff, isn't it? That wedding sounds like it was fun :). And I'm so happy the bride (or the groom!) wasn't freaking out because of all those mishaps!

TeaLady Tammy - you're so lucky to only have a short time left of school. Up here, they still have another month & a half (they usually get out the end of June). Enjoy your summer break!

Craftbug - hope the weather doesn't turn nasty on you. Although I do like a good thunderstorm :).

Well, it's been a little busy here...but I'm getting by :). Of course there are some cookies for all of yous! Sorry I forgot to say that :). I like both of them - the molasses & thimble cookies :). Some tea is here for you too. Had my dr appt 1 1/2 hrs away yesterday, waited an hour & saw the dr for about 5 minutes tops. At least he's good looking & nice sounding....so that kinda makes up for waiting & driving so long lol. Also picked up some plants & potting soil for my patio garden. I got 2 packs of strawberries, some pansies, some marigolds & a pineapple mint (that's going in a pot for inside come fall!). Now all I have to do is clean the pots out. I tried cleaning them in the bathtub but there is too much dirt & icky stuff in them. So I'll wait for the weekend & use the hose on them. I can plant the pineapple mint anytime because I already have a cleaned pot for it. But I finally did my dishes tonight (well, I cheated for half of them lol. The small things & cutlery went into the dishwasher. It's a teeny tiny "countertop" one but it doesn't fit on my counter anywhere. And it doesn't fit my plates.) The dish fairy never did show up to the dishes.

A couple of questions for you ladies:
1. What do you store your homemade powder laundry soap in? I want to make some for my friend as a shower gift but I don't have another bucket like mine (it's a Nestle ice cream 1.89L plastic container). And I want it to look kind of pretty, you know? Not just some re-used container (even if it is lol).

2. What do you put in the bottom of your plastic pots for drainage? I've been looking online & they don't recommend pebbles/pea gravel or styrofoam peanuts (I was kind of iffy on them anyways), but they don't really give you any suggestions for what to actually use!

Well, I think I better go to bed. Almost past my bedtime. I'm trying to go to bed earlier....haha. Night all.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  10:16:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Wow I need a minute on the porch. This is the seniors last week and it is crazy. Today we came in to hay all over the main hallway. The seniors all dressed western. Hoe down music during nutrition break. Lots of fun.

The sun is shining and I would love to be out side in the garden. Maybe this afternoon.

Pam have you thought about a pretty canister? I use the homemade liquid soap and I store that in empty vinager jugs. But I would look for a pretty bottle if it was for a gift.
I use the broken pieces from old pots. I am a klutz so I have lots of broken pots. LOL

We were told we needed to come up with a business name if we are going to raise alpacas to show and sell. Here we go again. LOL We don't want to use the one for the Co-op garden just incase that acctually happens some time. This would be just our family, so it would need a different name. My DH was being funny and said we should call it the Fuzzy Animal Farm. I countered with Wacky Packy Ranch. Believe it or not there is already a Waky Paca Ranch LOL
We are leaning toward Wild Wood Ranch. We don't want to put alpacas in there because my future SIL wants to raise horses. What do you gals think?

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  10:36:35 AM  Show Profile
Pam maybe the dollar tree or walmart might have a nice container to put some detergent in. I have mine in a plastic container I found when we moved into our other house. It was in the garbage pile and I said score. Boy have these little cuties been keeping me busy,busy,busy. But plus side is they go to B E D early. And so have we.My tooth has been aching and burning. I woke up with it festering the other day. Hubby gave me some wild turkey to rinse my mouth out with. And it actually stopped the pain. I went to do it last night after everyone was in bed, and it burned my mouth. I had tears coming out of my eyes. So unless I need it again, Im NOT gonna rinse with it. lol. Sorry the pic is dark, it's from my phone and was taken at night. They are from left to right. Mason,Sadie and Tristan. I had to ask Tristan which one was him.lol Have a GREAT day.

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  11:17:01 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Patsy...I'll definitly have to get one! Didn't know I could just buy one. I thought they were a dr script thing. Thanks!!

Dianne...Part of our spendin was Hubby's 4 a day 20oz mt dew habit! I put him on 1 2 liter bottle a day and saved $3.75 a day! That's $26.25 a week. THAT'S $1365 A YEAR!!!! Hubby nearly fell over when he seen the math on paper! Me Too!!!

Pam...I'm doin a patio garden this year as well. I have very nearly covered my whole front porch! I have gravel in the bottom of all my big pots and I have the small ones raised up on a ring of bricks. That's the best I could do for them this year, but next year I will try to have a better system if this doesn't work out very well.

Debbie...When I have tooth issues I use cloves. I put ground cloves in my hot tea and I put 6 cloves in the grounds basket of every pot of coffee. It seems to keep the pain bearable and actually tastes really pleasant. I still tend to toss in the cloves whenever I'm havin a bad day. The taste is slightly sweet and slightly spicy. Kinda like tea and coffee combined and relaxes me. I love cloves and cinnamon and ginger! They just make you feel warm and cozy inside.

I'm actually fightin the fidgities! I have very little to do each day to keep this place runnin right now. My pots and 4x4 bed are thoroughly weeded and get more attention than they really need I'm sure. I'm gettin ready to go take another long soak in the tub. I haven't done that twice in one week in years!

I'm thinkin of addin in some scheduled workout time to get back into pilates. I used to do that everyday and I loved it. It helped so much with my back. I would love to get back into it. I might even set up a daily walk. We could arrange it to fit our errands, one day for library, one day for dollar store, one day for park, one day for farmer's market!

I am lovin the freedom of not havin to be tied to the housework all day every day. The hard work was totally worth it!

I'm off to the tub! YEA!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Edited by - natesgirl on May 16 2012 11:20:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  4:43:48 PM  Show Profile
Angela, That wedding storu made me laugh. What a good time had by ...well...ummm...most! lol Can't please some folk! If you have Dollar Tree store around, that's where I found my mouth guard like Patsy was talking about. And only $1.00 Love stores where the word "dollar" in the title really means $1.00. lol I bought a dozen of them and was going to send Patsy one to try. Instead,she sent ME one to try. LOLOL Sisters! More like twins. hahaha
Leave it to Pam to find a good point to her Dr visit so far away. hahaha
In my plant pots I use limestone and river rock from a pile in our driveway. I've used it for years. It may be heavy but it's natural.
We sure had a weird weather day today. I got up at 8 because we wanted to get out and get our plants before the sun got too hot and high. I'm allergic to it and it's such a pain to wear long sleeves all the time I'm out, but I have to. So I said, Let's get out and back while it's cool. So we were out and back by noon. lol THAT'S a first for us. It started out gorgeous,breezy and all around nice. Then when we were coming home it started sprinkling. It did that for a couple of hours. Then it stopped but remained cloudy. Hubby went to his mom's to till and plant for her. He got rained on.And he has a chest cold anyhow. ~geesh~ So I went to the grocery and it was sprinkling and getting chilly.Now it's breezy/sunny/52 and fall-ish. *sigh* Oh well...it's May!
Well girls, have a great evening.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 16 2012 4:50:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  4:49:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh Netty, how cute is he(your hubby)! He knows to just "Leave it 'til Later" when you're on "The Porch!" I love it!
We have made our mark Gals...in a small way!! LOL ROFL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  7:37:20 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
today I let the butterflies have their wings and fly into summer. I finished packing up my room and then decided to celebrate myself. I transformed my short "doo" into a warm blonde. Went to school picnic, and one of my little butterflies looked and said Mrs. Schroeder you just aren't you but I like the new you...now we better trade in your wings to match. I never laughed so hard. I would post a picture but my camera is not cooperating.

I am going to do some tutoring this summer so will see a few of the butterflies and next year my class is at 19. Our little school is growing. We are excited about that. Still trying to find a teacher to replace the one who is leaving buT God has not planted the right one yet.

I awoke today to a rash and thought I had been eaten up by bugs from night before. Then realized I bought the wrong laundry detergent and went oh Madame Butterfly...I think your soaring affected your brain. So off to the store tomorrow to fix that.

I just wanted to stop at my favorite porch and say hello to all yall
I am actually going to have some time to read a book tonight. Yeah!!!!!

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  7:57:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies. I have been so busy working every day for my son this week. Am looking forward to the weekend. I need to finish cleaning our camper and get it ready, we are going camping for a week starting on Memorial Day. The campground is booke full the weekend before, so that is the soonest we can get in. I hope to catch up with all of you next week when things, hopefully settle down some.
It got to 80 degrees here yesterday with very high winds, then woke up to 26 degrees this morning. Another cold night tonight, got to 62 today. Out normal high and low is 39 and 59.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  12:30:27 AM  Show Profile

Have any of you ever read this magazine before? I just found it today...it is Awesome!

Julie...I knew somebody said something about boxing but I associated it with Alyce since her face was hurting. That is too funny! Glad to know that I am only partially losing my mind!

Angela...must be nice that you are now so organized that you are kinda bored a little. Can't think of a nicer thing to be. Gives you time to read, excercize and all kinds of other things. You Go Girl!

The Wedding sounded so cool. It is nice when people can just go with the flow and not let things ruin their big day. My husband when he was pastoring hated doing weddings. He always
loved the couples...but the Mothers and Mothers In Laws drove him crazy. He said he would rather officiate a funeral any day. LOL
Sounds like your nephew got himself an outstanding wife.
Anyone who can just laugh things off and not get stressed or flustered is A-OK in my book.

Dianne...the thing I don't care for at the Washington Beaches is that cars are allowed to drive on them. One time my kids and I were stretched out on towels enjoying a little sunbathing and a 4x4 came barreling down on us. I got everyone moved just in time.
Most Oregon beaches do not allow you to drive on them. I also prefer Sandy beaches over rocky beaches.

RFM Tammy and Julie...I found the Grit Magazine today. I broused through it...and found it too full of advertizing for my liking. But in search for that magazine...I found one I loved and so I bought it. It is a Southern Magazine called "FOLK". Have any of you read it before?
I am just loving every article and the photography in it is spectacular. I spent about an hour out in my Rocking Chair reading it when I got home from town today.

Patsy...Well, maybe I did spell Pitbulls...but only you would know if Judy is one. ROFLOL
Just Joking! I know she is a Sweetheart!

Pam...I have seen those small counter-top dishwashers before...and thought, my goodness do real dishes fit in there? lol I would use one though if I didn't have a full size one. I hate washing dishes by hand.
In my plastic flower pots I use good size rocks not pebbles or pea gravel. If the pot are big...I use plastic soda bottles.
Glad that your Dr. is at least easy on the eyes. ~ DH and I went to our Dr. yesterday and we waited 5 minutes to see him and he spent 2 hrs & 45 minutes with us and even told us a couple good jokes!

Dianne...in the new magazine I bought today they had some pictures of adult alpaca and baby alpaca....they have the cuttest faces. They almost look like stuffed animals.
I like the Wild Wood Ranch...then it doesn't matter what you raise.

Debbie...those are 3 sweet looken kids you are caring for.
Ok...what is wild turkey and mouth rinse have in common??? I could just picture you stuffen a non-cooperative turkey down your throat. LOL

Man O' Man Netty...you are alot older than I thought you were! LOL I have heard of primitive laundry before but I would have thought that you would have more of a 1940's ringer washer. Ha ha! It would have taken me 10 days to do laundry like that.

I have gone to several ritzy weddings...but my favorite are the simple outdoor weddings in back yards or parks.

I too liked that your DH gave you time to be on the Porch when he noticed what you were doing. Tell him he gets around of applause from your Porchies.

Teacher Tammy...I thought you were going to tell us that you were allergic to your new hair color.
LOL Glad it was just the soap. Cute what your little butterfly said about your hair and wings.

Jan..boy oh boy, I haven't been camping for years. It was something I always loved in my younger years...but when I married my current DH...his idea of camping is a nice Motel. I got him to go tent camping once and it was a disaster. Let's just say he wasn't meant to be a camper.

Well, girls off to read for awhile and then I am off to dreamland. My helper will be here in the morning to do my floors and bathrooms. She is such a godsend.

Night Porchies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  05:21:05 AM  Show Profile
Bunny Bunny Bunny... I just signed up with a site called Sittercity. My work is paying for the membership on my end. It's a site where people can register as Petsitters!, or nannies, babysitters, senior care, and tutors. I didn't know if you knew about this site. I like it and I'm currently looking for a sitter and they all look well qualified, etc. Hope this helps you in setting up your pet sitting business.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  10:13:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
Sorry to be missing lately. I think I got an eviction notice yesterday. I've never seen one before, but i'm pretty sure. It's "no stated cause" and I have more than 60 days, and I was going to move anyway in that time, so not a big deal.
My landlord and prop manager toured my very dirty and messy house on Monday when I was at work (with my permission) and then I got this. I went from being " a perfect tenant" to eviction.
The house is dirty and messy because I'm depressed and too busy. Hurts my feelings that my prop manager didn't even talk to me. We were on friendly terms.

Anybody with any experience with this sort of thing? My plan is to keep cleaning and notify them when the house can have pics taken, which should be next week.
And to put stuff in storage and generally start packing.
I'm concnered that being evicted means I wno't be able to rent anywhere else.
I have friends with a farm that will have me, so I won't be on the street, but it isn't ideal.
I thot I'd let you all know what was up, andask for prayers. I need to know what my next steps are. Apparently I have been making sucky decisions about money, work and everything esle for three years and so I don't know what to do next.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  11:12:20 AM  Show Profile
Julie, thanks for the Sittercity website. I signed up and found a pet sitting job right away. I applied and am just waiting to hear back. How cool! I didn't pay for the background check or DMV check yet. It was a bit expensive when I don't have any income right now. But if I can get a few more jobs, I will do both. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nan, so sorry about your house situation. I have never dealt with an eviction notice before so can't help there. I think first things would be the cleaning. It may help. Maybe if you can show that the house is clean they will retract the eviction notice. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  11:57:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

TLTammy...Kids are so cute! I love changin my hair whenever life throws me a big change. I cut my very long hair to a very short style when moved. Isn't it fun!

Peggy...I've never seen that mag, but I will have to look it up now!

Nan...I've had those same papers given to me once. I called the landlord and we talked about it. I was served for the yard bein disorderly. I straightened things up the way she wanted and she had the order removed. I thought the yard was fine, but she wanted the kids outside toys picked up every evenin and my 5 gallon buckets of tomato plants put behind the patio so the buckets didn't show. I don't understand why the landlord doesn't have to give the tenent a chance first. I think it stinks to do that without a person bein given a shot at fixin the problem! Some places will hold an eviction agianst you, but there are a lot of places where you can find understandin people and explain the situation and they will be willin to give you a chance. We had major problems rentin this last move we just made. We hadn't rented in 6 years with ownin our trailer then livin with MIL. We found a landlord who was willin to take us on and even cut us a break on the deposit since the move was unprepared for and out of our control. Keep pluggin away at it and think of this as an opportunity to look for better housin or cheaper housin. That's what I was lookin for and found both!!

Bunny...Yea on the new leads!! I love how us farmgirls always see things and think "so-and-so could use that info"!

Well, I'm bein totally lazy today. I have lounged on the couch and watched almost half of my shows I've been recordin cause I was too busy to watch them. I also found a new way to make coffee that is super yummy! I put 6 whole cloves and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon in the basket with the coffee grounds. It makes the coffee taste like chia almost. Hubby took a sip and said "Mmmm. Like Christmas in a cup." and laughed. We had just watched 'The Proposal' and one of the characters on the movie says that about his coffee! LOL!

Now I want to watch 'The Proposal' agian! I love that movie. I love anything with Sandra Bullock in it. She's so funny!

I was given some herbs and some onion sets that my family didn't have space for in their gardens. I'm gonna plant them around the tomato plants in my big pots. I didn't have enough to fill the pots in fully, so the extra will help with the empty spaces.

Here's a pic of my 4x4 bed. It's gettin very lush and jungly lookin. Everything is growin so nicely!

Well, I'm off to watch that movie agian! I have it on dvr so it's always ready for me!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  12:40:00 PM  Show Profile
Nan, sorry to hear about your situation and I will put you in my prayers.

Well ladies, I was thinking of you because I was sitting on my own front porch today rocking my DS. Teeth are terrible things, anyone have any good advice for teething babies.

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://featheredhattrading.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  5:38:41 PM  Show Profile
Angela I'll try that. I think I have some around.

Lynette- those aren't my kids. They are my friends' kids that are staying with us. And yes, their halos are held up with horns. I'm just glad she trusts me enough to leave her babies with me. She says I'm the only one she trusts.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page