LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  12:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Have any of you ever read this magazine before? I just found it today...it is Awesome!

Julie...I knew somebody said something about boxing but I associated it with Alyce since her face was hurting. That is too funny! Glad to know that I am only partially losing my mind!

Angela...must be nice that you are now so organized that you are kinda bored a little. Can't think of a nicer thing to be. Gives you time to read, excercize and all kinds of other things. You Go Girl!

The Wedding sounded so cool. It is nice when people can just go with the flow and not let things ruin their big day. My husband when he was pastoring hated doing weddings. He always
loved the couples...but the Mothers and Mothers In Laws drove him crazy. He said he would rather officiate a funeral any day. LOL
Sounds like your nephew got himself an outstanding wife.
Anyone who can just laugh things off and not get stressed or flustered is A-OK in my book.

Dianne...the thing I don't care for at the Washington Beaches is that cars are allowed to drive on them. One time my kids and I were stretched out on towels enjoying a little sunbathing and a 4x4 came barreling down on us. I got everyone moved just in time.
Most Oregon beaches do not allow you to drive on them. I also prefer Sandy beaches over rocky beaches.

RFM Tammy and Julie...I found the Grit Magazine today. I broused through it...and found it too full of advertizing for my liking. But in search for that magazine...I found one I loved and so I bought it. It is a Southern Magazine called "FOLK". Have any of you read it before?
I am just loving every article and the photography in it is spectacular. I spent about an hour out in my Rocking Chair reading it when I got home from town today.

Patsy...Well, maybe I did spell Pitbulls...but only you would know if Judy is one. ROFLOL
Just Joking! I know she is a Sweetheart!

Pam...I have seen those small counter-top dishwashers before...and thought, my goodness do real dishes fit in there? lol I would use one though if I didn't have a full size one. I hate washing dishes by hand.
In my plastic flower pots I use good size rocks not pebbles or pea gravel. If the pot are big...I use plastic soda bottles.
Glad that your Dr. is at least easy on the eyes. ~ DH and I went to our Dr. yesterday and we waited 5 minutes to see him and he spent 2 hrs & 45 minutes with us and even told us a couple good jokes!

Dianne...in the new magazine I bought today they had some pictures of adult alpaca and baby alpaca....they have the cuttest faces. They almost look like stuffed animals.
I like the Wild Wood Ranch...then it doesn't matter what you raise.

Debbie...those are 3 sweet looken kids you are caring for.
Ok...what is wild turkey and mouth rinse have in common??? I could just picture you stuffen a non-cooperative turkey down your throat. LOL

Man O' Man Netty...you are alot older than I thought you were! LOL I have heard of primitive laundry before but I would have thought that you would have more of a 1940's ringer washer. Ha ha! It would have taken me 10 days to do laundry like that.

I have gone to several ritzy weddings...but my favorite are the simple outdoor weddings in back yards or parks.

I too liked that your DH gave you time to be on the Porch when he noticed what you were doing. Tell him he gets around of applause from your Porchies.

Teacher Tammy...I thought you were going to tell us that you were allergic to your new hair color.
LOL Glad it was just the soap. Cute what your little butterfly said about your hair and wings.

Jan..boy oh boy, I haven't been camping for years. It was something I always loved in my younger years...but when I married my current DH...his idea of camping is a nice Motel. I got him to go tent camping once and it was a disaster. Let's just say he wasn't meant to be a camper.

Well, girls off to read for awhile and then I am off to dreamland. My helper will be here in the morning to do my floors and bathrooms. She is such a godsend.

Night Porchies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  05:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bunny Bunny Bunny... I just signed up with a site called Sittercity. My work is paying for the membership on my end. It's a site where people can register as Petsitters!, or nannies, babysitters, senior care, and tutors. I didn't know if you knew about this site. I like it and I'm currently looking for a sitter and they all look well qualified, etc. Hope this helps you in setting up your pet sitting business.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  10:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all
Sorry to be missing lately. I think I got an eviction notice yesterday. I've never seen one before, but i'm pretty sure. It's "no stated cause" and I have more than 60 days, and I was going to move anyway in that time, so not a big deal.
My landlord and prop manager toured my very dirty and messy house on Monday when I was at work (with my permission) and then I got this. I went from being " a perfect tenant" to eviction.
The house is dirty and messy because I'm depressed and too busy. Hurts my feelings that my prop manager didn't even talk to me. We were on friendly terms.

Anybody with any experience with this sort of thing? My plan is to keep cleaning and notify them when the house can have pics taken, which should be next week.
And to put stuff in storage and generally start packing.
I'm concnered that being evicted means I wno't be able to rent anywhere else.
I have friends with a farm that will have me, so I won't be on the street, but it isn't ideal.
I thot I'd let you all know what was up, andask for prayers. I need to know what my next steps are. Apparently I have been making sucky decisions about money, work and everything esle for three years and so I don't know what to do next.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  11:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, thanks for the Sittercity website. I signed up and found a pet sitting job right away. I applied and am just waiting to hear back. How cool! I didn't pay for the background check or DMV check yet. It was a bit expensive when I don't have any income right now. But if I can get a few more jobs, I will do both. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nan, so sorry about your house situation. I have never dealt with an eviction notice before so can't help there. I think first things would be the cleaning. It may help. Maybe if you can show that the house is clean they will retract the eviction notice. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  11:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Porchies!

TLTammy...Kids are so cute! I love changin my hair whenever life throws me a big change. I cut my very long hair to a very short style when moved. Isn't it fun!

Peggy...I've never seen that mag, but I will have to look it up now!

Nan...I've had those same papers given to me once. I called the landlord and we talked about it. I was served for the yard bein disorderly. I straightened things up the way she wanted and she had the order removed. I thought the yard was fine, but she wanted the kids outside toys picked up every evenin and my 5 gallon buckets of tomato plants put behind the patio so the buckets didn't show. I don't understand why the landlord doesn't have to give the tenent a chance first. I think it stinks to do that without a person bein given a shot at fixin the problem! Some places will hold an eviction agianst you, but there are a lot of places where you can find understandin people and explain the situation and they will be willin to give you a chance. We had major problems rentin this last move we just made. We hadn't rented in 6 years with ownin our trailer then livin with MIL. We found a landlord who was willin to take us on and even cut us a break on the deposit since the move was unprepared for and out of our control. Keep pluggin away at it and think of this as an opportunity to look for better housin or cheaper housin. That's what I was lookin for and found both!!

Bunny...Yea on the new leads!! I love how us farmgirls always see things and think "so-and-so could use that info"!

Well, I'm bein totally lazy today. I have lounged on the couch and watched almost half of my shows I've been recordin cause I was too busy to watch them. I also found a new way to make coffee that is super yummy! I put 6 whole cloves and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon in the basket with the coffee grounds. It makes the coffee taste like chia almost. Hubby took a sip and said "Mmmm. Like Christmas in a cup." and laughed. We had just watched 'The Proposal' and one of the characters on the movie says that about his coffee! LOL!

Now I want to watch 'The Proposal' agian! I love that movie. I love anything with Sandra Bullock in it. She's so funny!

I was given some herbs and some onion sets that my family didn't have space for in their gardens. I'm gonna plant them around the tomato plants in my big pots. I didn't have enough to fill the pots in fully, so the extra will help with the empty spaces.

Here's a pic of my 4x4 bed. It's gettin very lush and jungly lookin. Everything is growin so nicely!

Well, I'm off to watch that movie agian! I have it on dvr so it's always ready for me!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

685 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
685 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  12:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nan, sorry to hear about your situation and I will put you in my prayers.

Well ladies, I was thinking of you because I was sitting on my own front porch today rocking my DS. Teeth are terrible things, anyone have any good advice for teething babies.

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://featheredhattrading.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  5:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela I'll try that. I think I have some around.

Lynette- those aren't my kids. They are my friends' kids that are staying with us. And yes, their halos are held up with horns. I'm just glad she trusts me enough to leave her babies with me. She says I'm the only one she trusts.

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  5:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I give up girls, I am just TIRED. The stitches have all come out from my surgery, but there is still internal healing (obviously) and some periodic swelling. It just leaves me fatigued all the time.

We had Miranda over for dinner on Tuesday. She went with me to the surgery, so Ric wanted to thank her. It was good to socialize, but I think I overdid it getting the apartment ready! Remind me not to do that again....

Nan, I will be praying for you. I once found a "pay or quit" notice because my then-roommate had been dawdling with her half of the rent. Find out if there is a tenant's rights group in your area. You actually have a lot of options in this situation, and a tenant's rights group can help.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  6:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, you should feel proud someone trusts you enough to watch their kids. With the way things are going a person has to pretty pic ky who watches children. Even family can't be trusted all of the time.

Nan, I am so sorry that you have to be going through this eviction stuff. I don't know anything about it either, but like natesgirl says, maybe you should go talk to them. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  6:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more day of work, then hopefully will be off until next Friday. I am not used to working this many days in a row, it makes me feel my age. I am tired.
Had to take Olivia to the vet for her yearly shots and checkup. Back in 2 weeks for a booster of Lyme disease shot. I had her get that because we go camping and ticks carry it, especially around this part of the country.
Nan, I am hoping and praying that all turns out for the best for you.
Debbie, that is wonderful that you are taking care of your friend's 3 children. That is a big job.
Alyce, Hope you get your strength back and more energy. Any kind of surgery will drain you. Just take it easy until you start feeling better.
Emily, That is no fun having a baby with teething pain. I hope it does not last too long for him. Poor baby!!!!
Angela, your garden looks so good. Mine has not come up yet.
Bunny, good luck on the leads. Hopefully your dog sitting will take off during your summer break.
Peggy, I will have to look for that magazine. It looks like a good one. I do not buy too many magazines that have so much advertising in it either. Some are $9.99 and $12.99 now. Way too much when you can go online and get almost any info you can imagine.
Well ladies, I am off to bed. Am tired and have to work again tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  8:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A bit tired but mission accomplished. I have replumbed the old kitchen with new lines, valves and best of all I installed a new non freezing outdoor faucet through the wall. I just need to clean the mess us and spray foam the area from the inside and repair the vapor barrier. I really needed the outdoor faucet for the garden. Had to get that one done.
Bunny great about the sitting site. I wonder if they have anything in Alaska? Will have to look at that one.
Peggy, that mag looks good. Will look for it as well.
Trying a new flea market place on Sat. Hoping it turns out to be a good one.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  10:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers and thots. I don't think I need an advocate for this. Probably if I called and talked to the prop manager, it might change things, but I'm not going to, at least not righ now. My feelings are hurt and I'm mad. i dont want to talk to her.

And this is a specific category of notice: "without stated cause" a legal category. She doesn't have to say why, and can't be made to say why, and if I ask, she probably won't tell me, because this is now official, and now she has to abide by the notice.

What I'm going to do is go on with my original plan, which is to clean up the house, and then move furniture and stuff out to storage utnil I find a place. I will make the house not only clean, but showable. I'll send pics to the landlord and Realtor when I get to that point which should be in about two weeks. They can do what they want then.

I'm going to remove my plants from the garden and put in snapdragons or pansies or something, and spread mulch and do some weed whacking and weeding, and make it as nice as I can.

I'll probably move my potted plants to a friends house for safekeeping in the meantime. I'll also write and tell them the things i know that need to be dealt with in the house and garden, which isn't much, because I already told the landlord. I'm going to heap burning coals on their heads by being really nice and doing a really good job. I don't think it will take that much work.

But I don't plan on calling them. If they want to talk to me, they can call me. And hopefully, it will go to voicemail and i can leave voicemail back. Or just write. At some point I'm going to say that what they did was unkind and rude and hurt my feelings. And it was unnecessary. All they had to do was keep on talking to me.

My firend called to say my bees are filling their first hive body, s o i also need to build and paint my second one and send for more frames and foudation this week. If it gets too full they might swarm. She said it's really filled up within the last two weeks. That's prob. cause everything is blooming.

I saw my counselor today, and he said I need to breathe, to make room for myself, and to have some control over me. When I get scared like that, I feel squished flat, and I cant think. I also went swimming and I'm reminding myself that God will not abandon me.

I have to keep exercising, I forgot that when I don't, I will get depressed. It taks about 6 weeks. And it's been much longer than that. so I swam tonight and will tomorrow. And next week I'm going to the gym, too.

I'm also not going to abandon all those me things, like art and the volunteer stuff i do.

I must start writing again,a nd mail stuff. I could also start and Etsy site, just havne't done it. But a bunch of you guys do that.

Anyway, that's the latest. thanks for caring. Thanks that I can come here and share all this.

I am a Farmgirl, one way or another, by golly.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  10:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love that magazine, but it costs a lot, $32 something for 6 issues a year. maybe later, it sounds like it's up our alley.
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  12:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, ladies, if anyone is looking for a good way to lose weight, try getting the super crazy floo I'm just getting over! I lost 9 pounds on 2 weeks. I feel a lot better - I can think! And breathe! And eat!

Judy - I didn't say I can think too good, though. On your last post you said something about your plant pots and I read it backwards like three times, rubbing my eyes and squinting in disbelief! It would've given your User Name a whole new meaning!

Cherime - Thanks for posting about your plumbing project. I have some big projects waiting for my can-do too. I'm trying not to push myself too hard right yet; I've only been back on my feet a couple days & I'd hate to lose what I got...

Angela - I'm so happy to see that things are looking up for you! Happy Spring!!

Tammy - Have a great summer!

Hi, everyone else! Lots of you I haven't had the pleasure yet...

So, here's my version of "taking it easy:" Yesterday morning I went downtown to meet a couple ladies for breakfast and a second organizational meeting for a local farmgirl chapter. Then today I went over to one of my new sister's house and helped sort through boxes for goodies. We were specifically looking for buttons etc to do the Buttoned Up merit badge at our first meeting next Thursday.

Funny: Last week I went downtown to drop off the press release for the new club. I had my name on the byline, and after my best shot at explaining what the club is about, I gave a short profile of each of the other ladies. At the end of the intro paragraph I put, "And me, I just have a lot of gumption!"

I know I am pretty sloppy with my grammar on the forum, but Writing was my major in college - until I realized how stupid it was to spend $300,000 to learn how to do something that may never earn me a penny! Anyway the paper didn't edit a single comma or delete anything except the sentence about gumption. I told my sister and the guys in the band that the people at the Barbour Blabber must not have thought it was true enough to print!

elysiumeveryday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  12:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Porchies...oops it is 12:07...Good Morning Porchies!

Nan...My husband and son & future DIL work for a Property Management Company. What you got isn't really an eviction notice it is a notice to vacate said property...if it was an eviction it would be a 3 day notice. A No stated Cause notice could simply mean that the owner has decided he/she wants to move back into the home themselves, or place a family member there, or maybe they are going to fix it up to put it up for sale. It could be one of any number things.
I think you are taking personal affront to something that isn't a bad thing at all...and nothing you did. They have given you ample time to vacate. 60 days is awesome...they only had to give you 20 days under the law.
So, don't let your feelings get in the way...call them up and ask them to explain further. And this should have absolutely no bad consequence at all for renting other properties. You probably still are a perfect tenant in their eyes...just something has come up where the landlord wants his property back for personal reasons.

Hope this helps my friend!

Bunny and Julie...that whole pet thing is just neat. I do love how we look out for each other!!

Angela and others...I bought that magazine for 6.95 and on the back inside cover it says you can subscripe to it for $25.00 (Not 32.00) for 6 issues.
To me, the issues are so beautiful and such good articles that it is worth the price. Like I said, I read for 1 hour yesterday and I only got through 1/4 the magazine's articles. I still have more enjoyment to come from it. I'm not sure if I will subscribe to it but I will definately be buying it again. With the cost of magazines...I am very picky about what I buy or subscribe to. And I just pick 2 per yr. to subscribe to. That is why I said Grit had too many advertisements in it. I don't want to purchase advertisements, I want some quality to the magazine and some indepth and fascinating articles.

I have never seen that Sandra Bullock movie, but I do think she is so cute.

Your garden looks like it is thriving! Did you plant your community garden?

Emily...my kids always liked those teethers that you froze or cold popcycles rubbed on their gums.

Debbie...I think you are one special lady to take on three kids, I don't care how good of friends you are. That is a lot of responsibilty...so, I can tell you have a BIG GENEROUS HEART!

Alyce...you will get over the fatigue in due time. Remember anything surgically done takes a toll on your body for awhile. Hang in there girl!

HI Netty...how you doing tonight girl?

Janet...you sound like you need a good rest!! Sounds like we all have a little tiredness going around. Maybe a lot of it has to do with the season changes and all the strange weather all over the country.

Cherime...you my friend, I always invision with a hip belt and tools. LOL You are Mrs. Fix-It!
Are you selling at the Flea Market or buying??? I would probably buy more than I sold. Ha Ha!

Hi Sarah...you and I were posting at the same time. Then I had to hop
back on and fix some spelling mistakes (because I am brain dead). LOL

Well, girls...I am pooped. Taught Bible Study tonight. It was our last lesson of this Study. But next week we are having a Birthday Celebration and the week after that we are doing a baby shower for one of our gals.
Then in June we start our Summer Crafting/Gab Sessions...which is always fun!

OK, Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 18 2012 12:52:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  06:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selling jewelry, baby blankets, stuffed animals, crochet items and my daughter's cookie mixes and packaged rice mixes.
That was a tough plumbing project as I had to take apart the old stuff without causing a bigger mess than necessary. I turned off the water and positioned a big plastic tub beneath the first line I took apart. That section of the pipe did not have shut off valves so to make life easier for myself I invested in the shark/gator bite valves. cut each pipe then installed the valves so that I could turn the water back on put the other stuff together then hook all together and turn the valves on one at a time so I could check for leaks on the hot and cold lines one at a time. I used the shark/gator bite fittings for the entire installation. I got acetone poisoning when I was younger and cannot stand to be around the fumes from the pipe glue for CPVC pipe. I checked on the internet and shark bite fittings have always been good but apparently several years ago the gator bite ones were made from copper and failed frequently. Those were discontinued and the bodies of the fittings are now made of brass like the other brand.
Off to Walmart early this am then the dump. Need to do a little clean up of the yard and winter left over from projects junk. Blessing all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  07:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PeggyAnn, thanks very much. Here they have to give me 60 days. the reason I was so hurt was that I had had converstions with the owener, and gone through all this stuff about showing the house, and if I had to vacate sooner than the 60 days after the house was sold, she'd compensate me, and compensate me if the Realtor showed up to show the house unnannounced, and so on and on. Lots of communication. Then they toured the really messy house and suddenly I have 60 days to vacate period, with no communication. So I figure that they have decided to get me out in order to show the house. It's that they suddenly aren't talking to me, and have suddenly changed the terms. The way they did it was very unkind. And not terribly bright because I am still going to make the house show worthy whether they want it or not. I'll be cleaning, then clearing stuff and taking pics if they want to use them.Before all this, the prop manager had said that she has lots of owner who put their houses up for sale every Spring or so, and nothing happens, and prbably I won't have to move at all.

It's just the rudeness. and I've been depressed, so it hurt a lot.

Today I am clothed, upright, in my right mind and pissed. Fine. Don't talk to me. I'm going to go on with what I'm doing, but minus the paranoia. I'll get it done, and get things sorted and there is a house for me somewhere.

In fact, in these circs, they won't be coming around at all because they don't plan on doing anything until I'm gone. And that was my time frame, more or less.

Thank you all for kindness, support and prayers.
I'm taking my jeans and work jacket with me to change into after work, to do the other stuff I'm doing.
I WILL have some kind of farm something. HA!

I knew a doc once, a psychiatrist, who told me that one way to help depressed people was to get them really angry, because it jolted them out of the stuck place, and got them moving, and then they could work on things and move on in their lives. Well, it works.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1191 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1191 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  08:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! Im trying to earn my expect level of shopping green badge. Im wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out? All you have to do is be part of a reuseable bag swap. So who's interested? Hoping everyone.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  10:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning All

Debbie They are cute. I bet they are keeping you really busy. LOL

Angela I know the feeling when I shared the total with my DH he could not believe it. The funny thing is I really haven't missed it. I thought I would have withdrawls or something. I guess it is the reason I quit. I always have some cash with me in case I want one so it is not like I can't have it. I am choosing not to. $1.49 times 30 is $44.70 a month and that is not including tax!!!

Lynette I love the pic. I feel like that some days. I ask where do all these clothes come from?

Tea Lady Tammy I know the rash feeling. Been there done that. LOL Now I make my own so that is not a problem.

Peggy I also read Grit and a couple of others by the same publisher. They do have a lot of advertising, but the articles are worth it. That to me is the test of a good magazine. Are the articles worth the cost?
The alpacas do look like stuffed animales. I think that is why I like them I have always been a teddy bear fan. LOL

Oh Nan I am so sorry about the notice. I will keep you in my prayers girl. We got one once because the lady wanted her house back. She only gave us 30 days. At least they are giving you 60.
I know about making bad decisions I have been there. Asking for help to get it all straightened out is the first step.

Bunny congrats on the new lead. Hope the site works for you.

Sarah i would love to lose 9 pounds but I really do not want to get sick to do it. LOL I am glad you are better. Being sick is no fun at all.

Cherime Sounds like a lot of work, but I bet it was worth it. My DH had to replace a frost free out side faucet. We ended up taking the ceiling out in the basement bathroom because who ever put it in did not just put in a joint and screw it in. The made it a solid piece. My DH had to redo all of it. He was not a happy camper. LOL

Ruth Ann A reuseable bag swap? I would be interested. Sounds like fun.

Today is the last day for the seniors. It has been more like a party day than a work day. LOL I have mostly seniors. Next week is the last week for school here. It will be a quiet week. With the seniors gone I will only have a couple of students in each class. Time to clean and pack the room. Oh what fun Not!!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  1:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ROFL....Oh Sarah.....you are one funny Gal! (still laughing)
Angela, love the picture of your "jungle!" Very Lush!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  5:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth Ann I would be interested in the bag swap if it will help you out.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  5:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not going to type tonight. The reason for is I have typed 2 mind you 2 times today and I have erased both of them.

I am so upset now it would best if I just get off of here and go outside and holler.

Hope you all had a great day.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  6:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dianne.
I'm even more better now. I asked for prayer all over the place, and I am now ok again. I have continued to calm down.

They have to give me 60 days (and really, it is more, because it is July 31) because I've lived here longer than a year.
But really, I no longer have to deal with showing the house. All I have to do is to clean and pack and move, which is enough. But no staging, maybe even no storing of things. It doesn't really matter what I do here, because they aren't going to bother me. It finally sank in.

So less rush. But still, I feel so good about the parts I have cleaned, I'll keep it up. And today after work I washed my big bedspread and some blankets in the large laundromat machine in town. I've been putting that off for probably almost a year. So that's done and it was easy. I keep saying that -- this is easy.
So I'm kicking back and reading my mystery novel by Susan Wittig Albert.

Nettie, I so get that. I tried to write to here last night on my phone and finally gave up and got out my netbook.

Cherime, I'm so impressed that you are a plumber.

I've decided that I really would rather just have my own place, so I don't have to fuss about what a landlord thinks. And that will take a miracle, too, so y'all could pray about that.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  12:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Very Early Morning to You Porchies...

Cherime...I would come to your booth and buy from you. All sounds wonderful.

Nan...I can tell that God is helping get you through this. Sometimes it does take something ticking you off royaly to really set the adrenaline in motion. So, you go girl!
We rented a condo from a guy about 6 yrs ago...he got transfered to another state...but we had only been in his place 9 months when we got a 30 day notice that we had to move. And come to find out it was because his sister broke up with her boyfriend and she needed someplace to move to. I was pretty ticked over that myself.

Ruthie...does this have to be a reusable bag that we have made???? I have some brand new plastic reusable bags...that I purchased...so, if it can be one of those...I will do your swap. But If I have to have made it, count me out. I want to help you out...so, just let me know.

Dianne...the alpacas really do have that kind of Teddy Bear look to them. So very cute!
I will look at Grit a little more closely, I may change my mind...but that was my first impression.

Netty...you need to type your posts on either "sticky notes"
or "Notepad" on your computer, copy what you typed and then paste into the MJF Post box. That is what I do, so I don't lose all my typing. Been there done that, makes me madder than hops!!!! On your start bar, use the icon that gives you all the programs on your computer. Just look for sticky notes or word pad...click on one of them (I use sticky notes) and it will allow you to type right next to everyone elses posts, so you can see what they wrote and make your comments to them.
If you scroll down to read another Porchies post your sticky notes will look like you've lost them but you havent they are down on your start bar...just click on them again...and continue typing.

Nan...just kill them with kindness...then you will have no regrets, when you look back on the whole thing, from your new place of living.

Off to bed to read.
Night my Lovelies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 19 2012 12:44:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  08:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ok Peggy, I am trying the sticky nots. What made me so mad was I had some really neat things typed, that I wanted to share. No use belly aching about it now, they are gone for good.

I have never seen the FOLK mag. before. I will have to go to the book store and see if they have it. May be awhile, book stroe is 70 miles away.

You know Peggy I think you told me a while back to try these sticky notes, but I thought, Oh I won't have anymore problems with erasing things. Live and learn I say!! Ha

Emily,
I always used a wet washcloth with a little water left in it so they can suck and chew on the washcloth. I would also rub their little gums where the tooth is coming in and it seemed to help sometimes. Just be careful when it pops thru that they don't chomp down on your finger! Ouch!
Good Luck

Alyce,
Please be careful with yourself, I'm sure your friend did not come over to see how well you keep house. Take care.

Cherime,
I so wished you lived close to me. I would love to be able to do the work that needs to be done here in the house. Would be better then waiting on my husband or have to call a handy man. I know I put down handyman, it's because we have know handy women around here or I would hire her!!

Sarah,
Please don't overdo it, you would not want to have a relapse! If you are like me, you hate to be sick and when you start to feel better you think you can do anything, right?
Take Care

Dianne,
I have four people that change clothes everyday, take bathes everyday (towels) and I use 2, one for my hair and one for the ole body. My sons track and PE clothes, which that will slow down since track is over.

You know I really don't know how it adds up to so much, but when I do laundry I have mountians not piles of clothes and towels. One other thing, my husband has to change his clothes everyday because he gets so dirty on the farm.

Yesterday I was out weeding the corn. Well my cats and dog thought they had to come out and supervise. They laid right where I needed to go so I had to ask them to move. So finally they decieded to go play out in the tall grass by the garden. It was so cute, my dog would pounce at his friend Snotty, his cat friend, then Snotty would start to chase Ace, dog, thru the tall grass. Snotty would stop and Ace could not see him, so he would go looking for Snotty, then Snotty would jump up at Ace and then the chase was on again. I don't know how long they did that, but I got a kick out of the fact the cat was chasing the dog. Ha Ha You may wonder why I called my cat Snotty, it is because he sneezes all of the time and the snot just flies!

I love watching animals, they can be so comical at times.

Well, better get busy. Iv'e got a whole list of things that I could be doing. Key word, could!!!

You girls have a great day!!

Will talk back at ya later.

Netty
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 664 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page