ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1187 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1187 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  3:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to stop by while I have a minute. Just got my farmgirl sisterhood # today. Hubby is doing ok needs alot more care than with the other foot. So Im really busy with him. Please pray for my daughter as she has 4 papers due on Friday plus her regular class work. One paper has to be 15-30 pages. Don't understand why professor pile on the work at the end of the semester. She's freaking out. I told my sisters would pray and to calm down. Now Im freaking out as well as I hate her to be all stressed.
Got a go hubby calling again,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  3:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sarah and Lynette, thanks for your prayers and kind words!!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  3:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had mentioned before that the guy who demolished the house and removed the debris found a Star Wars token in the dirt and put it in the concrete footer for our son. (This guy also poured the footers). Yesterday the block layers were there and one of them decided he like the token and took it unbeknownst to us until later. Well after my dh called the concrete guy and told him he really didn't want to tangle with me and that the token needed to be returned or else. I don't know who did it and I don't want to know, but the token magically appeared this afternoon in a different location in another footer. Dh told the concrete guy and all the other workers that if anything else came up missing, all would be reported to the law and all would be considered accessories to theft. We'll see how it goes.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3363 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3363 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  5:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Peg, go ahead and sign me up for the 500 Swap(sounds like a car race).hahaha
I wasn't sure what we were swapping.I'm not crafty ya know!
*sigh*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  5:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Peggy - Go ahead and sign me up, sounds like fun!

Netty
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1187 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1187 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  6:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were just a few weeks before the Indy 500. So yes this will be a fun race to get our porchies decorated before Indy500.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  6:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening sweet ones,
Today we went on a school wide field trip to the circus. It was so fun to watch my little butterflies light up. Too cute. They never cease to amaze me. I am finally beginning to feel better. I am sure the prayers of my little butterflies who have fussed over me for a week did the trick. I just love them dearly.

Bunny~ Yahoo on the ipad. I think you are going to have a ton of fun with that.

My goodness gracious we are over 500. Yahoo.

I am also excited I found someone who is willing to teach me to knit and my dear sweet mama said she might have the patience to teach me crochet if I so desired. I have decided maybe knitting first and see how I get the hang of it.

well time for tea and good book
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

821 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  7:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening ladies. Just got back from a wander with the pups. Wasn't sure the man was going to let me take them or not. When we came home from his mom's there was a police car across the street with a person in the back seat. Didn't think too much of it. I started prepping supper. I thought he was outside with the pups since I'd heard him let the pups out. Walked out and there's multiple unmarked police vehicles at the house across the street. I finally found the man in the computer room and told him what I saw. We went out the front door to see what was going on and about 9 police walk out, some with ski masks on, basically in swat type gear. We still have no idea what went down. Not leaving us particularly feeling very safe. We seriously need to get out of here.

Yesterday I applied for a weekend secretary at a beautiful senior apartment complex and got a call an hour later to interview after I got off work yesterday. Absolutely beautiful place. They have a movie theater, dining rooms, staff on call 24 hours a day, etc... I checked them out online and the apartments start at $2000+/month! Definately some pampered seniors and I'm okay with that LOL Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I can't believe we've hit 500 pages!!! Peggy are you using the list Meagan started? If not I would like to be added.

Bunny - I'm so jealous! I've been wanting an IPad forever. I'm probably going to break down and get the Kindle Fire until I can afford it though.

Tonight I fixed Bacon Ranch Chicken breasts. I can't remember which blog I got the recipe off of. OMG were they delicious. He never takes his lunch to work and he liked these so much he's taking some of the leftovers to work tomorrow lol. Easy recipe too. I used one of my cast iron skillets. Fry 6 pieces of bacon in a pan. I chopped up the bacon before frying. Remove the bacon. Put 4 split chicken breasts in the pan with the bacon fat and fry for about 2 minutes each side. The recipe says to put 1/4 cup ranch dressing in the bottom of a baking pan, add chicken, pour 1/4 cup ranch on top of the chicken (so 1/2 cup total Ranch), sprinkle with bacon, and add 1 cup motzarella cheese. I scooped out the bacon fat and poured the ranch right into the cast iron skillet and followed the recipe from there. Saved having to clean another pan. Bake at 350' for 25 minutes. I made my own ranch dressing and used it. The man had been teasing me that I was trying to kill him using buttermilk so I found it particularly funny when he asked what I used for the ranch flavoring that it had just the perfect blend of spices LOL

Well I'm going to go get myself a drink and kick back with a book for a little bit. I'm reading a really good one and I'll post more about it when I finish it. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  7:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening,ladies!

Today went much better, only a few minor mishaps. The AC has kept working. Apparently all the houses in the community are having this problem... if the ACs are set below 75 they freeze up and no one knows why. Doesn't matter who installed them or who made them. All I can think is "uh huh".

And, after a horrible couple of days starting the week I reminded myself of one of my mantras....

From the time my father died in 2007, things have been rough. I have met people who have been through much worse than me and wonder how they survive it. And I realized, I could either turn my toes up, or I could keep going ever onward.

Yesterday was bad, but I have survived worse by far... and what else can I do? I had those tattoos done January 2011 to remind me... and anyone I show them to... that the only choice other than giving up, is going ever onward.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  8:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy- The lady I met has her own business making these animals and dolls. It's starting to expand and she needs help making more. I wanted to meet with her, see her stuff, look at the patterns, and work through some of it to see how difficult it was. It's not difficult and she gave me everything to make a couple here at home. If I do this I would make a certain amount per piece. I may not even have to put the doll together, just make the separate pieces. I don't have to make a certain number, just however many I want or feel like. I can also keep the patterns, make my own to give as gifts, etc. They are very cute items. I'm still undecided, though. Since I am SO independently wealthy, I can take my time deciding ya know. hahahahahaha

Oh boy! I am really looking forward to this swap. I would like to request if I get Judy, since she isn't crafty, that she has to just send me cash. And none of that jingling jangling money either. Ho ho..I can see her fallin off her chair now.

Patsy- You bet I will post baby kitty pics. I've got to convince Sara Kitty to have them. She looks like she swallowed a bowling ball. I bring her in at night in case she has them, she'll be protected.

Bunny- You lucky girl!

RFM Tammy- Sounds like you have a front row seat for the COPS show. I wouldn't be very pleased if that was happening across the street from me. Hopefully they are cleaning out the riff raff and things will settle down. Thanks for the ranch chicken recipe. It sounds very yummy and easy to make.

Miranda- Hmm...are the AC units the right size for the house? Hopefully those will be problems of the past soon. Sounds like your new house stuff is going along pretty well. So far no big bumps or obstacles. I was never brave enough to get a tattoo. Fear of committment maybe. I do like the moon and stars kind versus the skulls and naked girls.

Well, ladies, I've got to ask you to pray for my DH. I won't get into all the specifics just yet. He did something, that wasn't cheating, and now feels guilt ridden about it. He informed our church elders and they are coming over on Friday. So I'll know more after their verdict. But he's made himself sick, literally, and had an anxiety attack and had to go to the doctor. I know what he did and I honestly don't know why he's so bothered. But like I said, I will wait till after they come by Friday to see what happens. So please, some prayers for him and our little family to see us through.

I was supposed to go to a jewelry party Friday. If any of you like Parklane jewelry, let me know and I'll get you set up to order online through my friend's site.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6360 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6360 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  12:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Porchies...I had my gran-dog tonight. He is so fun. He and Snickers have the best time together. They wear each other to a frazzle. I get tired just watching all the unbridled energy and wish I had some of it. LOL

Ruthie...glad your hubby is doing better. But I know you must be really busy jumping ....when he needs something.

Jan...there is nothing like good friends to lift our spirits and make us feel special...when we other wise don't. Your friend was very sweet to treat you with a special "Jan Day". And I am sure that you are as equally a good friend to her.

Lora...I must have missed that comment before...thanks for re-explaining for me.

Judy, Patsy, Netty, and RFM Tammy I got you all down for the Swap too.

Teacher Tammy...glad you are feeling better. Your field trip sounded like FUN!

I am so glad that you found someone to teach you how to knit and that your mama is willing to teach you how to crochet. That is great! I am glad that you are going to start with knitting. I know I am biased but I like knitting more than crocheting. Even though I am enjoying making my granny square shawl. I think I loved the challenge of learning something new because I had never done g-squares before. This Bernat Medusa Yarn is just gorgeous to work with. The transitioning of the colors is so stunning. That makes it fun too because each square is like a new little gift you get to enjoy because it is sooo different from the last and will be different
from the next also.
But all that just to say, that I am so excited for you!!! I felt such an accompleshment when I learned to knit that one summer.

RFM Tammy...Wow, that is a little too much excitement. Cops are one thing...the Swat Team is something else.

Some of those Sr. Estates are really swank! Ours was nice but nothing like what you are describing. Though I did tour one of those more elite ones. I was in my 40's at that time and I kept saying "Wow...sign me up...I could so live here!" LOL

Oh, your Bacon Ranch Chicken Breasts sounded mouth-watering. I will have to remember that recipe.

Miss Miranda...love your tats girl! A good motto to live by! It reminds me of that old saying, "What doesn't kill you...makes you stronger." True enough!

I have a tat that I got about 3 yrs ago. It is on my ankle and it is a 3inch purple cross with a red heart in the middle. It's my Life Statement too.

Julie...Oh, that is pretty good if you get to use her patterns and stuff and get paid for piece work. But on the other hand...it is one thing to craft because you love to...but it is an entirely different thing to have to craft. You know what I mean? Besides...I think reading books and eating bon-bons has it priority!!! LOL

Oh yeah, I see Judy throwing money on your head. Or asking you to teach her how to craft so she can make your gift! Ha Ha!

We will be praying for DH and that your Church Leaders will treat him gently and compassionately as Christ would. I do believe that confession is good for the soul, however...and it does sound like your husband was feeling very convicted and burdened...so, hopefully talking with your church elders will be helpful to him.

OK...Ladies, since it is already morning I am going to post the list on the next post.

Good Night,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 19 2012 12:59:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6360 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6360 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  12:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

THE PORCH 500 PAGE POST SWAP PARTNERS ARE

Bunny and RFM Tammy
Julie and Netty
Teacher Tammy and Patsy
Sarah and Judy
Ruthie Ann and Janet
Angela and Luanne
Peggy and Megan

It is your responsibility to get a hold of your Swap Partner
and exchange addresses.

Then please have your gift mailed out by Thursday May 3rd
(this gives you two weeks).

Then please take a picture of what you receive and post it.
(also take a picture of what you are sending, in case your
partner is unable to post a picture for whatever reason, you can)

ABOVE ALL ELSE...HAVE FUN WITH THIS SWAP!!!

ALL PORCHIES ROCK...THIS IS THE BEST THREAD ON MJF!

Big Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  06:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela - I e-mailed you!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  08:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, do we have any parameters for our 500 swap other than timing and pictures?

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  08:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, I have ink on each bicep, too, but these I wanted to show up so I can hold my hands out and show them to someone who's fixin' to give up. They've helped more than once!

Julie I was 28 before I got my first one. I tended to be like you but when Daddy passed, I got a memorial to him on my left bicep (It's sort of my take on his old Navy tattoo, plus a couple extras. One day, when I can afford to finish it, I'm going to add more to it.) The stars came from a dream I had long before I got them done. Here's the funny part of it. I was dreaming I was in down town Round Rock, at what used to be a friend's shop. My mother and i would go down town after school when I was in Junior High and wander around her shop and I LOVED the old Victorian era building. So, somehow, Ami James (of Miami Ink fame) was in this dream, doing the tattoo. He wore a black teeshirt, blue jeans and white sneakers, and he is, of course, bald. He talked to me about the tattoo, and about Josh, and sort of gave me guidance without giving me guidance, if that makes sense. I had planned just to have the words done very simply, till I had that dream and saw the stars he added around them.

Well, at the time of this dream, Josh and I were just first dating, and a few short weeks later, we broke up. The dream was starting to make sense. I was devistated, as I could not understand why we broke up. A month later, I ran into him while on a lunch break and we began talking again. Within two months, we were back together, and inseperable (even after he was transferred up to Oklahoma for 7 months!).

In January 2011, we took a weekend trip to Ft Worth to see each other for our birthdays. That Sunday, we went down to the Stockyards and wandered around, and stopped at a little old building that houses a shop called Tattoo Ranch. It's actually two buildings... one is the lobby, one is the studio. When it was time for the session to start, Josh stayed in the lobby with the other artist and discussed covering the tattoo on his shoulder (the original artist did a HORRIBLE job). Now, the words "EVER" and "ONWARD" are considerably unbalanced in length, so, they wanted to add something in to make the tattoos more even. I'd already decided to include Ami's stars, and figured, since I am always staring at the moon, why not add the moon? It's purple in honor of my darling Josh, whose favorite color is purple.

Well, as I sat there, gritting my teeth and looking around, I realized something.... it was an old Victorian building, the artist was curious but not overly chatty, and... he was a square shouldered guy, shaven head, in a black teeshirt, blue jeans, and white sneakers. Talk about weird!!!!

WELL now that I have bored you all ;)

Loose ends are coming together for the house. I am getting less and less nervous. I'm still trying to NOT get my hopes up, but I am not as scared. If everything happens the way it should (relatively speaking) Then closing will be May 18.

OH And Julie, I am starting to wonder about the size of the units, myself.... I remember thinking it looked so huge compared to the one at my mother's house, yet, our house doesn't cool nearly as well as hers does. And, her house is a bit bigger than ours because of her vaulted ceilings. It won't be an issue much longer; one way or another, we're leaving that house. Even if we end up not getting the house and have to stay with Momma for a while, we are not staying. I've had enough with the neighbors, and the town we're in right now is just getting too big!

I'll be praying for you all! I may be awol again for a bit with everything going on, just so ya know. But, I will be in as much as possible!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  08:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. We made it to the 500.
Bunny, how great for you. What a wonderful present.
Miranda, good job holding all together in the middle of that mess.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

821 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  09:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon gals. I'm having some free time at work so thought I'd jump on. I envy you girls with tats. I would so love to get one, not sure of what, but I want one lol. DF is adament I'm not getting one. We shall see :O) I enjoyed my leftovers from last night for lunch. The Bacon Ranch Chicken heats up well. The man suggested we have his mother over in the near future for supper so I might use that recipe again.

I wasn't on over the weekend so I'm not sure if I shared that Matthew is back stateside from Afghanistan!!!! He landed Friday night. He called me Saturday afternoon. Hopefully he'll come back for a visit in the next 3 weeks. After they get back from that type of deployment they get 30 days vacation to re-adjust and decompress. He's planning to bring his girlfriend with.

Julie - I'll keep you and your husband in my thoughts. Hopefully he'll get what he needs when your elders come over. Last night was sort of like tuning into the COPS show at the end since we missed them breaking the door down and entering the home. I'm still in shock my dogs didn't react. I would have thought they'd be barking their heads off.

PeggyAnn - I may have to try some of that yarn you're using for an afghan. The patterning is similiar to the sock yarns I use. I can't start another project until I get this hat done and the man's socks. A crafter's work is never done :O)

Miranda - totally understand what you're going through with neighbors and town size. DF informed me they just announced on the news that the city I live, Warren, now has over 1 million people (YIKES!). Apparently everybody is leaving/fleeing Detroit and coming here and they're bringing nasty behaviors with them. Not for me. I want to live in a small town again.

If everybody wouldn't mind keep us in thoughts and prayers firstly for safety and secondly we still haven't heard back regarding the phone interview he did 2 weeks ago with Butler in North Dakota. We're assuming he's still in the running for the position since he hasn't gotten anything saying they filled the position or decided to go with somebody else.

Okay, back to work for me. It's looking sunny out still so I'm hoping to grill some brats and make baked beans for supper if it stays nice. Might make a salad or some cole slaw too. Might take the pups for another wander if the man lets me out of the house. Then again I might just curl up and read a book. We shall see what the night brings.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  10:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sort of back. I've been sick and sleeping mostly for the last week and a half. and it was just a cold.

Better lately.
I couldn't read everythign I missed, but I did read about the bacon chicken recipe. Could I have the ranch dressing recipe?

The tattoo story is not boring at all. Or should I say the you and Josh story.

Nobody's stories are boring.

Tammy, it would prob be ok for him to phone and ask on the progress of the hiring. Even if they gave him a timeline or smoething, I'd still call, and say I was just checking in. Could say I have other job interviews, and i need to know what to tell them.

My friend and I are going house exploring this afternoon. I still need my tax return for my banker, and I haven't had time to talk to my Realtor yet, but I want to cruise norht and look at houses. So i need to stop this and print out the maps to find them.

I miss you all.
Praying for everytody, and I coulduse prayers too to get completly better.
I was very depressed about going to work both Mon and Wed. I think a lot of the problem is that my Inner Me has not submitted to God's plan here, so there's a conflict. I know this wont' be forever, but I have to be patient. So I have some work to do to bring all the parts of me around to surrender. It has improved a lot there, so it really isn't horrible at the moment.

THanks from Nan
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

821 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  1:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nan - Of course. The recipe I used was modified from Dining on a Dime Cookbook.

1 cup mayo
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Original recipe called for 1-2 tbsp onion flakes & 1-2 tsp dried parsley but I didn't have any so I left those out.

Combine ingredients and refrigerate. Makes 2 cups.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3363 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3363 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  2:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals!
Sarah, I e-mailed you!
Julie,hahahahaha....you crack me up!hahaha .... My mouth fell open and I thought..."Is She SERIOUS????" ROFL You NUT!!!
I'm keeping all your requests on my Prayer list Girls!
I bought 3 new herbs today to add to my garden collection...Rue, Summer Savory&Mexican Thyme. Man, they smell good!
Well, have a Great evening Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  10:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy, thanks, yum!

We looked around in a couple of little off beat neighborhoods, but probabl I won't live there because I dont' want to have to commute around Cape Foulweather in the winter. My friend does all the time, and doens't like it.

One yard had an entire bed of violets. They were a bit sparse, but still revivable. sigh.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  10:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Porchies,

I haven't been very faithful in staying in touch but I still come often to see what you are all up to!

I told you recently of my horse's death. I finally have a theory on what happened to him. I was distraught with the thought that maybe I had done something that caused it. My mom, at my request, contacted an old vet back home. He's been a vet for neigh on 50 years and has worked with more horses than most vets will ever see. Here's his theory. He said that old age is not a disease but it does lead to things happening. He thinks that he had an anueryism (sp)somewhere that led to a lack of blood flow to his stomach/intestines which caused a blockage and perhaps an eruption. The yellow fluid gushing out his nose would be the fluids exiting the body through the lungs/nose. He said nothing I did caused it (riding, feed, etc). This relieves me. I'm still heartbroken and traumatized at watching him suffer but I'm relieved that there wasn't anything I did that caused it or anything I could have done to stop it, it was just one of those things.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind words. I realize that my horse dieing isn't as serious as so many things that happen but its been painful just the same. So thank you. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  1:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kimberly,

Just know that he's in a better place and is running with the herd of horses we have all lost at one time or another!

Just a note that we have picked the brick, roofing color, all the doors, windows, and mantel. We are working the lights and shelving. OOOOOOO I am about to bust with anxiety!

Lora

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  1:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey girls, popping in for a second to ask for prayers. My best girlfriend and her father-in-law are on their way to my office. She said they found her brother in law this morning, he had overdosed. I do not know exactly what that means at this moment, if he's gone or in the hospital, but either way, I need prayers for strength for her family. Shawn is a dear friend, and he and Josh have become buddies. Chelsea and her husband are family to me, and I am just praying that whatever the outcome, they will be okay.

Thank you ladies, I will keep you posted!

Miranda

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  1:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sending you prayers.

Lora

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 660 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page