Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  7:19:10 PM  Show Profile
congrat Peggy...doing a tea dance just for you. sent you an email about swap too

hello to all you the rest of yall
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  7:29:29 PM  Show Profile
HOLY MOLY COW I come back and y'all are on page 499!!

Well, ladies, I have been busy and quiet but had to share my day with y'all as y'all will not believe it!

It started out with yesterday, my check engine light coming back on. Nothing seemed wrong so I figured I'd wait till Thursday when I planned to get my oil changed (I'm just a wee bit overdue... whoops). Anyway, I get to the first red light and Fred (that's my truck) up and stalls on me. I put him in park and restart his engine and don't have any problems... till I get to work.

The head teller tells me that he noticed my right rear tire was flat... like... FLAT flat... great. SO I go to my office and call my buddy Barry (or his shop, anyway) and see about coming in to have poor Fred looked at. Then I decide to man up and call CitiMortgage to find out if they got my fax and if they have started working on my case yet. Five minutes later I find out they have not and it's my fault for not putting the account number, apparently. I let the poor girl with the Slovakian accent HAVE it. NO one ever told me I needed to supply my mother's mortgage number in order to expidite the case of them REMOVING said mortgage loan from MY credit. It was real easy for them to put it there, but not to take it off.

And it was crazy person after crazy person today. One guy we've been dealing with for two weeks now... he won't listen to a word we tell him and wonders why we're charging him extra on his loan. He finally "took care" of everything. Except, he did not follow the instructions he commanded me to write for him.

My assistant manager and I have decided that exploding sunspots are to blame for crazy and stupid people.

SO I finally get to clock out and head to Barry's shop, and there he is with his sleepy brown eyes and warm smile, till he sees my face and knows I'm fixin' to cry. He took good care of me, as he has become like family to me, Momma, and Josh. He even saw my plates in the back seat, and registration tag, and replaced them for me. It was a heart warming experience.

He also told me that the reason my tire was flat was because there was a "big ol' chunka steel in your tire". He told me to take it to the shop down the street and they'd patch it since the tires are still in great shape. So, I did, and I watched the poor mechanic wrestle with that piece of metal for a good 15 minutes. Long and short of it, that piece of steel was a nail... and it was either a freak accident, or sabotage, the way that nail was wedged in.

So, I go to the O'Reilly auto parts store near my house to have the code read on the computer, since Barry found no obvious reason why the light should be on. Fred was running better after the oil change, and the guy at O'Reilly was able to give me a list of about 3 things that would be the best reasons why the light was on. Feeling a bit more calm, I head back home, down a main Farm to Market road through our town. There, a woman jaywalks across the opposite lanes, into the turning lane and towards my lane, causing me to slow down because she has TWO YOUNG CHILDREN with her. Because I am such a hateful meany and would not stop in the middle of a busy street to allow her to jaywalk into oncoming traffic, I got the middle finger.

Then, an s10 Blazer nearly swerves in to me, trying to avoid the itty bitty teeny tiny little bus no one could see pulled over at the bus stop (sarcasm). I make it home and find the property managers FINALLY replaced the screen door that busted three weeks ago during a storm. But, as I walk inside, I notice it's UNGODLY hot...

83 degrees to be exact... with the thermostat set on 72.

So, I wander out to the back deck and peek my head out the door... to hear what sounded like a mess of bumble bees trapped inside. Great, the damn thing froze up. And, according to the lady at the main office (I believe in Massechusets) tells me that a broken air conditioner is not an "emergency maintenence issue". I have decided I'm going to force her to live here in July with no AC and tell me it's not an emergency.

As I get off the phone, I turn my head only to get a face full of kitty poots... Agnes had her hind end directed point blank at me as she sat on the back of the couch.

I decide then to go to the store and get a couple of fans and a 6 pack of Bud Platinum, and see if I can't find a particular CD (which I did not), and as I wandered, exhausted, back to my truck... I glance down.. to find that my teeshirt has been on inside out since I got home and changed out of my work clothes.

Remember that scene from The Money Pit, where the bathtub falls through the floor and Tom Hanks bursts into hysterical laughter? It took everything in me to continue walking to my truck without breaking into that sort of laughter.

I drove home and began assembling my fans... only to find some idiot put two of the same part so that I can't assemble the base. If I do, it will either fall over and land on a cat, or launch across the house.

Around that time, my Momma sends me a text message... and of course, I tell her everything happening. While texting back and forth, I suddenly remember (more like hear my Daddy telling me) that the grinding noise is often the sign of a frozen outside AC unit. So, I go back to the thermostat and try turning it on.... and sure enough.. it works. So, more than likely, we have a clogged drainage line (algae is all too common) or something else is clogged.

I decided just to make hot dogs and have the pasta salad left over from the other night....

And here I am now... typing away to all you wonderful girls and watching Top Shot with Josh....

and I can still smile

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  8:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Peggy.

Miranda-Wow alot has been happening to you. I pray it's all over and only good things keep coming your way.

Those bluebells are so pretty. I think I'll try my hand at planting some. I think I may have 3 lilac trees/bushes in my front yard. I am allergic to lilacs. I just see the beginnings of purple flowers. My sister called me today and she was complaining about my mom (always MY mom when they are fighting) but tomorrow is another day. I'll do more catching up. Hope you all have a great night.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  8:43:46 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Ruth for being the first to post on page 500!

Miranda, your outside unit may have frozen up if the people fixing your screen had the door wide open for a long period of time. I have had that happen to me when guys were working on the house and going in and out for several hours. It would be good to get it checked before the real summer temps start.

Congrats Peggy on winning the drawing. Let us know how you like it.

Today I met the lady at the coffee shop and we crocheted and talked about her business for 2 hours. I brought some of the stuff home and will work on making the things from her patterns. Still not sure how much piece work I will take on. I'm a busy lady with books to read and bon bons to eat.

I stopped by the Goodwill and didn't find anything. I went by Payless and didn't find anything. I went to Hobby Lobby and found a windchime with a teapot and teacups. Made some cupcakes from a magazine recipe and they don't taste very good or at least up to my standards. They don't seem very fluffy. Almost like pound cake. I have to go check on the kitchen forum to see if the icing can be saved. I have a feeling this batch is going in the trash. C'est la vie. Hope to pop in tomorrow. Have a lovely evening ladies.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  12:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann....Congratulations for being the first one to post on PAGE 500!!!
And yes, I put you down for the Swap.

Teacher Tammy...how are you feeling? Hope you are all better now.
Also, got you down for the Swap.

Miss Maranda...so glad that I didn't have your day...I might have committed hairy-cairy! (or how ever you spell it). But at the end of your day you were still smilen and nobody lay dead from the after math...so, your good!

Debbie...I am allergic to Lilacs too, but I sure love them. I have non on this property (kind of wish I did). They are so beautiful...but I just wouldn't be able to bring them in doors. Many moons ago when I taught little children's Sunday Classes I had a boy of about 6 or 7 yrs old come to class with these very droopy, sort of smashed, rather pathetic looking Lilacs and He ran up to me so excited and said, "Miss Peggy Look What I brought you!" He was so cute...all I could do was take them and give him a big hug and thank him for the "Beautiful" flowers. He just beemed as he walked away. Later that day after Church his mother said that she had had those Lilacs in her house for a few days and then put them out in the trash can when they started looking rather droopy. She said when they got in the car her son comes running up to the car with those lilacs in his hands and so she asked him why he took them out of the trash. He said, "Because I am going to give them to Miss Peggy, she'll just love them!" Aren't kids precious! This is also the same kid that later baptized his cat in the swimming pool and got all scratched up in doing it...but he wanted to make sure his cat was saved. LOL

Julie...your day didn't seem quite as bad as Miranda's... but I will admit that I hate to bake something and not have it turn out. It seems worse than having a meal not turn out good. Because if I am baking a dessert I really want it badly and I want it to taste just as yummy as possible! LOL
Is the lady you met at the coffee shop just someone who wants you to test out her patterns??? What do you get out of the deal?

Well, very uneventful day around here today...other than I won the Cat Mystery and Tea...that was exciting. I did get some yoyo's made and about 4 granny squares. And made a scrumptious Pot Roast with little colored potatoes and carrots and onions. My DH likes all the veggies but not the meat so much...but I love the Roast! It was so good. My son had bought it for me (he doesn't even eat beef) but he found a really good buy on organic fed beef...so he got it for me. It was so tender and flavorful...think I will let him pick out all my meat. LOL

Night Ladies...don't forget to sign up for the Swap. I only have 6 names down and one more full day to take names. I don't have Megan's list...so, sorry if you gave her your name...I need it again.

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 18 2012 12:39:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  01:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy -

I gave my name to Megan for the 500 page swap - are you taking over the swap for her?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  06:53:31 AM  Show Profile
What does the swap consist of? Do we make something in particular? I would love to be in it, but need to know what to do for it.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  09:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
wow! 500 pages!

PeggyAnn: Congrats on the book swap!! Black walnuts have their own taste, but not bitter.
Love giant pansies. Gorgeous flower pics.Didn't know Rhodies came in such a pretty color either.

Luanne: you sound like me, get on to read but can't always write like I want to. Thanks for the lemonade and cookies, yummy! We have been through 2 pitchers of iced tea here already. ;)

Lynette: feel for ya girl! been there, done that and now I use notepad. always. now no losses. :)
had to LOL about "the girls going south". you all crack me up with your expressions.

Netty: ..and my sister is TALL, so ya..

Sarah: I HATE Walmart too when I can't find stuff they 'used' to have and don't now...and you post as long a post as you want, we all love reading, so don't matter how long it gets. :)
remembering you and your grandparents in prayer.
Don't ya hate when things go wrong? Hubby sharpens my stuff all the time, so don't have to worry about it. Hope ya don't have to buy a new pair.

Janet: guess if you live in Michigan, you'd have to have patience concerning weather there.

Julie: baby kitties, baby bunnies, awwwww take pics and share..please?

Tea Tammy: I LOVE your reference to your lil butterfies. can't go wrong when they're praying for you. ;)

Jan: sure hope you're feeling much better by now.

Angela: sure hope you get relief fast. whining is better than holding it in.
glad you got most of your planters ready. hubby made me a 4x8 box last year and I love it.not so many weeds grow when it's crowded with plants.;)

Miranda: glad you got through THAT day, wow.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Apr 18 2012 09:10:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:19:03 AM  Show Profile
haha! Morning, girls! I'm still smiling. Might be because I need to be in the looney bin, but I'm here!

Julie, I considered that myself, but I don't think they ever had the front door open. Newcomb is NOTORIOUS for running out if a door is open, and he's not very frightened of strangers. It's a possibility, but we're keeping an eye on the unit anyway.

I think Agnes tried to apologize for her.. *ahem* mishap last night... I woke up about 3 AM thinking Newcomb was in my face, but it was Agnes this time.

Today has started off pretty good. I'm still wary after the past two days of non-stop drama, but I think it will be okay. Just got a text from my realtor that the seller has agreed to make all necessary repairs to the septic. Now I just have to follow up on the drama with Citi, pay a couple of things like inspection and good faith and pray it all goes well from here!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  11:09:09 AM  Show Profile
Miranda, what a short message from you!What, nothing to say???ROFL 'm amazed that you didn't jump in bed nd cover up your head halfway thru THAT day! LOL Glad the A/C was ok later.
Julie, *giggle* Books to read&Bon Bons to eat...too cute! Ya DH & I went to Goodwill yesterday and all I found was a half gallon glass storage jar. I usually find all sorts of stuff. He found 2 really nice all wood mirrors in a cedar color that are about 4 ft tall for $8.00 each and worth it. They even have hangers on the back already. Those will be nice to hang to lighten up a room. We read somewhere that if you use a lot of mirrors in a dark room it will bring a lot of light into it....well...that is....if you turn on some lights first! hahahaha
Peg, what a cute lilac story. And what a cute little boy who thought that flowers make a great gift, no matter what! They taught him well. hahaha ~awwww~ tried to baptize the cat in the pool huh? OMGOSH!!!....and ~~ouch~~ That was nice of your son to think of you with beef...nothing says,"I Love You Mom"like a good beef-roast! lol (as long as you cook it when HE'S around) hahaha
Well I have a ham roasting for our supper. DH is mowing at his Moms.He went with her,for moral support, to the dentist this morning. She hasn't been to one in ages. She might have to have them all pulled and get dentures. Peg can commiserate with that,can't you Peg? How are yours doing BTW? I told Mom what you said about not being able to feel your food in your mouth. She said she never had that problem. She ate anything and everything! hahaha Just keep that chewing gum away!!! LOL She said she misses chewing gum!
Later Gators!
Oh, it's sunny/breezy/62 today...really got cold last night, upper 30's I think! brrr...

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  12:44:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies!

It's been a few days. It certainly is a good thing I took a picture of that token and rock in the footers. The block layers were there yesterday and today and low a behold - one of them TOOK the token. No one will fess up. I am so mad I could spit fire. Those boys had better count their blessings that I am at work long after they are gone or they would get an earful! GRRRRRRRR!

Kim - so sorry about your horse. I hope you find out what happened even though it won't change anything - I think it will help give you closure.

Have a great evening all - see ya' on the flip side.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  1:05:14 PM  Show Profile
I had the most amazing morning, I got a knock at the door and it was the fedx guy with a package for me. My son had told me he has bought me something but wouldn't tell me what it was. He called this morning to tell me it came from Canada, went to Alaska, to Tennessee and I should get it on Friday. I told him he was full of it. Then a half an hour later fedx showed up with.....my new IPad, woooohooo! I'm so excited! So I'm playing instead of doing homework!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  1:32:17 PM  Show Profile
WOW Bunny...Congrats on the new IPad! And I thought a Roast was great!! LOL No, my Son bought me a Kindle
Fire for Christmas...and I love it! We must have raised these boys right...when they delight in surprising
their mom's with Special Gifts!!!!

Judy...tell your mama, I haven't tried chewing gum yet and may not! It seems that "everything" sticks to
these teeth. Now, that I have these pretty teeth and can smile and not feel selfconscious (Ha Ha!)...now I don't smile because I am afraid I will have food stuck all over my teeth. Grrrrrrrrr! Nobody warned me that you could be wearing your entire meal after you eat! Other than that, and one sore spot on my gums...I will have to say I am doing OK with them. I just wish that I would start feeling like they were part of me
(people say I will adventulely just feel like they are my own teeth).....I still feel like I have a huge piece of foreign substance in my mouth and I am trying to talk around it. LOL

Miss Miranda...glad your day is going better girlfriend!!!

Lora...I must have missed something about the block layers. Are they steeling from you?

Patsy...thanks for letting me know about the black walnuts. What do you use them in? Just
the same type of things you would use regular walnuts for?

Lynette...did you want in on the 500 page Swap? You can make or purchase a gift. Something
your partner could enjoy on her own Porch would be ideal...but not necessary. No real
strict guidelines here...the idea is just to bless your partner with anything you think
she will like and visa/versa.

Well...I am off to get my bible study lesson done. More later girls...

TODAY IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP FOR THE 500 PAGE PORCH SWAP!!!!!
SENDING OUT PARTNERS TOMORROW.

hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 18 2012 1:36:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  3:09:19 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to stop by while I have a minute. Just got my farmgirl sisterhood # today. Hubby is doing ok needs alot more care than with the other foot. So Im really busy with him. Please pray for my daughter as she has 4 papers due on Friday plus her regular class work. One paper has to be 15-30 pages. Don't understand why professor pile on the work at the end of the semester. She's freaking out. I told my sisters would pray and to calm down. Now Im freaking out as well as I hate her to be all stressed.
Got a go hubby calling again,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  3:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Sarah and Lynette, thanks for your prayers and kind words!!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  3:46:19 PM  Show Profile
I had mentioned before that the guy who demolished the house and removed the debris found a Star Wars token in the dirt and put it in the concrete footer for our son. (This guy also poured the footers). Yesterday the block layers were there and one of them decided he like the token and took it unbeknownst to us until later. Well after my dh called the concrete guy and told him he really didn't want to tangle with me and that the token needed to be returned or else. I don't know who did it and I don't want to know, but the token magically appeared this afternoon in a different location in another footer. Dh told the concrete guy and all the other workers that if anything else came up missing, all would be reported to the law and all would be considered accessories to theft. We'll see how it goes.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  5:16:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, go ahead and sign me up for the 500 Swap(sounds like a car race).hahaha
I wasn't sure what we were swapping.I'm not crafty ya know!
*sigh*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  6:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Were just a few weeks before the Indy 500. So yes this will be a fun race to get our porchies decorated before Indy500.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  6:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Evening sweet ones,
Today we went on a school wide field trip to the circus. It was so fun to watch my little butterflies light up. Too cute. They never cease to amaze me. I am finally beginning to feel better. I am sure the prayers of my little butterflies who have fussed over me for a week did the trick. I just love them dearly.

Bunny~ Yahoo on the ipad. I think you are going to have a ton of fun with that.

My goodness gracious we are over 500. Yahoo.

I am also excited I found someone who is willing to teach me to knit and my dear sweet mama said she might have the patience to teach me crochet if I so desired. I have decided maybe knitting first and see how I get the hang of it.

well time for tea and good book
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  7:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Just got back from a wander with the pups. Wasn't sure the man was going to let me take them or not. When we came home from his mom's there was a police car across the street with a person in the back seat. Didn't think too much of it. I started prepping supper. I thought he was outside with the pups since I'd heard him let the pups out. Walked out and there's multiple unmarked police vehicles at the house across the street. I finally found the man in the computer room and told him what I saw. We went out the front door to see what was going on and about 9 police walk out, some with ski masks on, basically in swat type gear. We still have no idea what went down. Not leaving us particularly feeling very safe. We seriously need to get out of here.

Yesterday I applied for a weekend secretary at a beautiful senior apartment complex and got a call an hour later to interview after I got off work yesterday. Absolutely beautiful place. They have a movie theater, dining rooms, staff on call 24 hours a day, etc... I checked them out online and the apartments start at $2000+/month! Definately some pampered seniors and I'm okay with that LOL Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I can't believe we've hit 500 pages!!! Peggy are you using the list Meagan started? If not I would like to be added.

Bunny - I'm so jealous! I've been wanting an IPad forever. I'm probably going to break down and get the Kindle Fire until I can afford it though.

Tonight I fixed Bacon Ranch Chicken breasts. I can't remember which blog I got the recipe off of. OMG were they delicious. He never takes his lunch to work and he liked these so much he's taking some of the leftovers to work tomorrow lol. Easy recipe too. I used one of my cast iron skillets. Fry 6 pieces of bacon in a pan. I chopped up the bacon before frying. Remove the bacon. Put 4 split chicken breasts in the pan with the bacon fat and fry for about 2 minutes each side. The recipe says to put 1/4 cup ranch dressing in the bottom of a baking pan, add chicken, pour 1/4 cup ranch on top of the chicken (so 1/2 cup total Ranch), sprinkle with bacon, and add 1 cup motzarella cheese. I scooped out the bacon fat and poured the ranch right into the cast iron skillet and followed the recipe from there. Saved having to clean another pan. Bake at 350' for 25 minutes. I made my own ranch dressing and used it. The man had been teasing me that I was trying to kill him using buttermilk so I found it particularly funny when he asked what I used for the ranch flavoring that it had just the perfect blend of spices LOL

Well I'm going to go get myself a drink and kick back with a book for a little bit. I'm reading a really good one and I'll post more about it when I finish it. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  7:33:46 PM  Show Profile
Evening,ladies!

Today went much better, only a few minor mishaps. The AC has kept working. Apparently all the houses in the community are having this problem... if the ACs are set below 75 they freeze up and no one knows why. Doesn't matter who installed them or who made them. All I can think is "uh huh".

And, after a horrible couple of days starting the week I reminded myself of one of my mantras....

From the time my father died in 2007, things have been rough. I have met people who have been through much worse than me and wonder how they survive it. And I realized, I could either turn my toes up, or I could keep going ever onward.

Yesterday was bad, but I have survived worse by far... and what else can I do? I had those tattoos done January 2011 to remind me... and anyone I show them to... that the only choice other than giving up, is going ever onward.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  8:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- The lady I met has her own business making these animals and dolls. It's starting to expand and she needs help making more. I wanted to meet with her, see her stuff, look at the patterns, and work through some of it to see how difficult it was. It's not difficult and she gave me everything to make a couple here at home. If I do this I would make a certain amount per piece. I may not even have to put the doll together, just make the separate pieces. I don't have to make a certain number, just however many I want or feel like. I can also keep the patterns, make my own to give as gifts, etc. They are very cute items. I'm still undecided, though. Since I am SO independently wealthy, I can take my time deciding ya know. hahahahahaha

Oh boy! I am really looking forward to this swap. I would like to request if I get Judy, since she isn't crafty, that she has to just send me cash. And none of that jingling jangling money either. Ho ho..I can see her fallin off her chair now.

Patsy- You bet I will post baby kitty pics. I've got to convince Sara Kitty to have them. She looks like she swallowed a bowling ball. I bring her in at night in case she has them, she'll be protected.

Bunny- You lucky girl!

RFM Tammy- Sounds like you have a front row seat for the COPS show. I wouldn't be very pleased if that was happening across the street from me. Hopefully they are cleaning out the riff raff and things will settle down. Thanks for the ranch chicken recipe. It sounds very yummy and easy to make.

Miranda- Hmm...are the AC units the right size for the house? Hopefully those will be problems of the past soon. Sounds like your new house stuff is going along pretty well. So far no big bumps or obstacles. I was never brave enough to get a tattoo. Fear of committment maybe. I do like the moon and stars kind versus the skulls and naked girls.

Well, ladies, I've got to ask you to pray for my DH. I won't get into all the specifics just yet. He did something, that wasn't cheating, and now feels guilt ridden about it. He informed our church elders and they are coming over on Friday. So I'll know more after their verdict. But he's made himself sick, literally, and had an anxiety attack and had to go to the doctor. I know what he did and I honestly don't know why he's so bothered. But like I said, I will wait till after they come by Friday to see what happens. So please, some prayers for him and our little family to see us through.

I was supposed to go to a jewelry party Friday. If any of you like Parklane jewelry, let me know and I'll get you set up to order online through my friend's site.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  12:27:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies...I had my gran-dog tonight. He is so fun. He and Snickers have the best time together. They wear each other to a frazzle. I get tired just watching all the unbridled energy and wish I had some of it. LOL

Ruthie...glad your hubby is doing better. But I know you must be really busy jumping ....when he needs something.

Jan...there is nothing like good friends to lift our spirits and make us feel special...when we other wise don't. Your friend was very sweet to treat you with a special "Jan Day". And I am sure that you are as equally a good friend to her.

Lora...I must have missed that comment before...thanks for re-explaining for me.

Judy, Patsy, Netty, and RFM Tammy I got you all down for the Swap too.

Teacher Tammy...glad you are feeling better. Your field trip sounded like FUN!

I am so glad that you found someone to teach you how to knit and that your mama is willing to teach you how to crochet. That is great! I am glad that you are going to start with knitting. I know I am biased but I like knitting more than crocheting. Even though I am enjoying making my granny square shawl. I think I loved the challenge of learning something new because I had never done g-squares before. This Bernat Medusa Yarn is just gorgeous to work with. The transitioning of the colors is so stunning. That makes it fun too because each square is like a new little gift you get to enjoy because it is sooo different from the last and will be different
from the next also.
But all that just to say, that I am so excited for you!!! I felt such an accompleshment when I learned to knit that one summer.

RFM Tammy...Wow, that is a little too much excitement. Cops are one thing...the Swat Team is something else.

Some of those Sr. Estates are really swank! Ours was nice but nothing like what you are describing. Though I did tour one of those more elite ones. I was in my 40's at that time and I kept saying "Wow...sign me up...I could so live here!" LOL

Oh, your Bacon Ranch Chicken Breasts sounded mouth-watering. I will have to remember that recipe.

Miss Miranda...love your tats girl! A good motto to live by! It reminds me of that old saying, "What doesn't kill you...makes you stronger." True enough!

I have a tat that I got about 3 yrs ago. It is on my ankle and it is a 3inch purple cross with a red heart in the middle. It's my Life Statement too.

Julie...Oh, that is pretty good if you get to use her patterns and stuff and get paid for piece work. But on the other hand...it is one thing to craft because you love to...but it is an entirely different thing to have to craft. You know what I mean? Besides...I think reading books and eating bon-bons has it priority!!! LOL

Oh yeah, I see Judy throwing money on your head. Or asking you to teach her how to craft so she can make your gift! Ha Ha!

We will be praying for DH and that your Church Leaders will treat him gently and compassionately as Christ would. I do believe that confession is good for the soul, however...and it does sound like your husband was feeling very convicted and burdened...so, hopefully talking with your church elders will be helpful to him.

OK...Ladies, since it is already morning I am going to post the list on the next post.

Good Night,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 19 2012 12:59:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  12:43:54 AM  Show Profile

THE PORCH 500 PAGE POST SWAP PARTNERS ARE

Bunny and RFM Tammy
Julie and Netty
Teacher Tammy and Patsy
Sarah and Judy
Ruthie Ann and Janet
Angela and Luanne
Peggy and Megan

It is your responsibility to get a hold of your Swap Partner
and exchange addresses.

Then please have your gift mailed out by Thursday May 3rd
(this gives you two weeks).

Then please take a picture of what you receive and post it.
(also take a picture of what you are sending, in case your
partner is unable to post a picture for whatever reason, you can)

ABOVE ALL ELSE...HAVE FUN WITH THIS SWAP!!!

ALL PORCHIES ROCK...THIS IS THE BEST THREAD ON MJF!

Big Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  06:07:34 AM  Show Profile
Angela - I e-mailed you!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page