Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2012 :  7:04:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi there Sarah. Like that song. I have done quite a bit of plumbing here on the old homestead. I am sold on those SharkBite or Gatorbite fittings. Makes plumbing child’s play. I am sure plumbers hate them.

Angela, well praise the Lord! Thank you God! Yes, do take it easy.

Hi there Megan. London, I was there for a couple of days and a week would not have been enough time for the British Museum. Glad you had a good time.

Blessings ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2012 :  7:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Tea Tammy: Crochet would be easier to learn than knitting. I've done both and that's just my opinion. :)

Angela: I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. So glad you are much better! My heart rejoices with you!

Miranda: I read your post and thought it came from a Guidepost. Very good material and such a lesson.

well, again, had time to read, but not much time to write, but hoping you all know that you're thought of..

hugs n prayers

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2012 :  8:08:31 PM  Show Profile

My goodness...look what landed on my door step today!!!! I thought I just won a book
and a couple packets of tea but Judy put together an entire little surprise pkg, that
was so much fun to go through. Can't wait to try some of these yummy teas, in my
pretty little tea mug. I bet I can have a new cup of tea every time I sit down to read.
And what an adorable red tractor...you tucked in there too Judy. I hung it up in my
Craft Room. Sooo Cute!!! Can't wait to start the book! Like I said, When I am done with
it...it will be given away again. Maybe everyone on the drawing list will still get a
chance to read it...if we keep giving it away! LOL

Megan...so, glad you are back on The Porch honey...we missed you. Oh, I am so jealous you
got to go to London. But so happy for you...that you got the experience. That is awesome!

Angela...PTL about the pain being gone. Prayer Works!!!

Miranda...loved your story about the birds. You are a good story teller!

Sarah...kids don't miss a beat when it comes to gifts for Mom. My kids were the same
way with their art work. If I didn't leave it hanging on the Frig. forever...they would
make note and whine about it.

Cherime...any more warm weather up your way? Today was Gorgeous Here. 74 degrees. Here is
my gran-dog and DH's dog out enjoying the yard today.

Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 80's. I can't believe it. Our warmest weather in 8 months. I enjoyed the warmth of outside today too. Soaking up those rays and loving it!!!!!

More Later Girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  11:15:01 AM  Show Profile
I said yes

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  11:18:45 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Miranda! That's exciting!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  11:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations Miranda! *big smiles and hugs*

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  1:06:00 PM  Show Profile
It is the absolute driest breakup I have ever seen and with a record snowfall. And I have been here since 1976. This is crazy! The night temps are in the 20s to 30s and up to 55 or so in the daytime.
I think I had better get the seeds started next weekend.
OHHHH Miranda, a pretty. Congrats and hugs.
Great package Peggy.
Later all Blessings

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  3:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We are having cooler temps/48/mist today. If it turned to snow tonight, I wouldn't be at all shocked. The North-Wind is COLD!!!LOL Tea-Drinkin' Weather!!
Sarah, I loved the hem websight.Will work for Hubby's pants. Thanks!Do you play an instrument, sing,write music,all 3? Loved the plumbing ditty!lol Cute!
I'm gonna start callin'Ya'll the "ChaChingChicks!"hahahaha...everybody will settle for cash! LOL
I just love yuns so much...I feel a "GroupSqueeeeeeezle" coming on!....again! hahaha
I once swapped 2 pair of bibs for 2 home-made aprons&2 dishtowels with appliques'and machine embroidery on them. Very nice swap indeed!
Angela, sounds like your back popped itself back in. That's happened to me before too! I'm Praising God right along with you!
Miranda, great story and an even better Moral to the story! Thanks so much for sharing that!
ooooooooooooooo....Miranda, nice "BLING!" Congratulations Girl! Glad you finally got to hear the "Question!" *giggle*
Hi Megan, so good to hear from you. Been wondering if you stayed over there! hahaha So glad you had a great trip! Please share some of your fav things from London for those of us who will never get there! *sigh*
Well Mama made a pot of pinto beans and I went over for dinner today. That warms up the tummy on a cold day! Yum-yum!
Well, off to watch my "Master Piece Theatre:Poirot" and have another cuppa!
Make it a Great evening Gals!
Peg, enjoy your gift(s)! Thrilled that you liked it all. I give like I season my cookpot...never just one thing in there...always lots of extras!!! LOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  6:49:41 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Miranda!
Glad you're out of pain Angela!
Peggy, you are spoiled! (I sure hope to see that book one day...heehee)
Megan, wow you sure are lucky to go to London. What a dream...one day I hope to get to that side of the world.

I'll write more tomorrow. Am I the only one scratching my head about what to give on this swap? I'm going to head to town tomorrow and look around and hopefully find a few things. Have a good night ladies!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  7:06:22 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Miranda!!!!! We all thought you were going to be married before you were formally engaged!! LOL!!! Love the ring, so pretty.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  7:58:41 PM  Show Profile
CONGRATULATIONS MISS MIRANDA!!!! oh, I want to see a picture up closer. Looks like fabulous detail on the
band. I wanna see!!!!! Hey, I found the cutest "steampunk" high heels today in a magazine...would be
perfect with a wedding dress. Hint Hint!

Julie...you just might get that book yet!

Judy...well, all I can say is I like your cooking style! LOL

Hit 80 degrees today!!!! It was fabulous! Loved every minute of it.

Well, off to read and crochet. Gran-dog went home and I am ready to relax.
Kids brought me all kinds of goodies from the coast. They didn't need to
but it was nice.

Later My Lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 22 2012 7:59:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  8:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message
Hi farmsisters. I'm new to the sisterhood and this blog. Just wanted to say..Miranda your ring is gorgeous! I wish you and your finance' best wishes. My dh and I will be celebtating 25 yrs in may..in Jamaica. We have two beautiful daughters one 20 and the other 16. The years do fly quite quickly. I'm looking forward to reading more of this forum and getting to know more of you wonderful sisters.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  9:16:53 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jackie
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  05:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Nan and Lynette for your well wishes. This is a quick good morning to everyone..my day off..lots to do. I hope everyone has a great day and I'll chat with ya all later this evening. Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  08:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
jackie: welcome, glad to meet you. tell us more about yourself, please. you've found the most caring bunch around. hubby and I will be celebrating 41 years in may. where does the time go?

JUDY: love your "seasoning" gifts sis. that's a very nice package and I know peggyann will enjoy every bit of it.

woke up to wind and 40, saw snow on tv in PA. they can have it. have a heater in my lil greenhouse I won't be turning off today. rushed out there first thing this morning to check my "babies" and all went well through the night. they all looked happy.
got so carried away reading this forum, I made and left my tea on the sink..good grief. can tell what kind of day this will be, heard my chimes (and we have lots of them) all night long, it was that windy.

Lynette: I know what you mean about memories. I danced with my son at his wedding in december in my stockinged feet in the bricked courtyard of an old docs house in florida. got through the wedding, all those memories from the baby in my arms to the man before me just flowed through my mind and came out in tears. hate it when emotions all clash at the same time and he IS the baby...so ya. hoping you all have a great day. hugs

Edited by - craftbug on Apr 23 2012 08:25:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  08:36:19 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH JACKIE!!! Once you are here twice you become an official Porchie!!!! Great
Group of women on here. You will love it!!!! Next time, sit a spell longer and tell us a little
bit about yourself.

Patsy...what a beautiful picture of you and your son. Almost made me cry! My baby boy is getting
married this August. It is hard to see the younguns married off...but I want them to hurry up and
give me grand-babies...as I'm not getting any younger!!!! LOL

Netty...started the book but haven't sipped any tea yet. Yesterday it got up to 83 here and when we
went to bed at midnight it was still 77. Wonderful weather!!! Heard Bunny had it about 10 degrees
hotter in The Dalles. No wonder we didn't hear from her all weekend!

Nan...are you feeling better now? How goes the househunt for you????

Well, girls...I am running DH to work and I am keeping the car. Have a Million and one errands to
run today. Got to go get some yard tools, a Lawn Mower, some flowers and Veggies. It's time to
get the Garden in. More tonight....

Big Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 23 2012 08:38:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  10:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey every one, sorry to be gone so long. I'm pretty boring most of the time so just lurk until I can think of something to say.
I'm loving my new iPad! Of course homework takes up most of my free time. But I did some sewing the other day. I have 9 aprons in the process along with a couple of other projects.
I decided I need to get out more so I'm going to start volunteering at a local animal shelter. Hopefully it will also help my pet sitting business get going too.
Peggy it was nice and warm yesterday. Today will be hot up to 87degrees. Almost too hot for me. I would do much better in your neck of the woods with more rain. Maybe someday I'll get out of the heat.

Miranda, congratulations, a house and a wedding! Oh to be young and starting fresh. Take your time.

Angela, so glad you are walking without pain again! Now take it easy until everything is healed up proper.

Megan,nice to have you back! Tell us all about your trip. Is the food really as bad as they say?

Welcome to all the new farm girls! I can't keep up any more.

Tammy I'm trying to decide what to send you for your swap. Soooo what are some of your favorite colors,things, subjects,collections. No promises but I could use some guidance.

Well I was good yesterday and did my homework, so today is a sewing day. Wednesday,I'm going to get some strawbales and mom and I going to try a strawbale garden. Instead so planter boxes you use strawbales. I googled it and it is interesting. Will keep you informed on how it goes.

Later... Of to the basement.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  12:57:53 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, thank you for all the well wishes and congratulations! Josh and I are both tickled pink! (Which is funny, since the stone is a pink sapphire...)

Peggy I will try to get a better picture as soon as I can. I snapped it pretty quickly with my phone so I could show my Momma, brother, sister in law and a few other close friends and relatives.

It's Black Hills gold over silver, a heart in the middle with the pink sapphire, and a green leaf on one side, a rose leaf on the other. I'm actually happy with the color even though I'm not much of a pink person. The stone looked a little brighter online but is actually more of a lavender color in person. Matches my fingernail polish quite well, haha!

It's been a long, tiring, and bittersweet weekend with the death of our dear Shawn, and this beautiful engagement. Been doing a lot of reflecting. Please continue to have my friends in your prayers. I know from experience that when things start to die down from the initial shock and whirlwind of happenings, it will be tough.

Well, girls, we are down to bare bones at work at the moment, so I'll hop back on later.

Take care!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  3:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies. Patsy I chuckled about your comment on the snow in PA. That area is about a 5 hr ride from me but thankfully all me had today was rain..much needed though. It was so dry around here from the lack of snow this winter that the farmers needed to start irrigating their fields of asparagus, and strawberries. I don't think I've ever seen that in my 48 years in this area. I can only imagine the emotions running through you at your son's wedding..I'm going to be an absolute wreck at both my daughter's weddings. Hopefully I have a little while though.one is 20 and in college. The other is 16 in high school and just got her drivers license (dear lord help me! ) I can't t watch the old home videos of when they were babies without ending up in a flood of tears. It's funny how at times when they were little we would be happy to see these days. Now they are here and we want them back as our little babies again. But I can guarantee you when the grandkids starting coming..watch out world (:)). I have to go wipe my eyes now..check in with my sisters a little later. Blessings to you all.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  3:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Miranda!!!! Exciting stuff even if it is tinged with sorrow from your your loss.

Angela, rejoicing with you! How wonderful to have that pain relieved.

Working on getting my garden ready and enjoying the warm weather. At long last. Using my new laundry line. Waiting to see if that helps lower the power bills.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  5:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies...

The lilacs are in full bloom. They look so pretty. I admire from my windows.

Miranda Congratulations on your engagement. Sorry for your loss.

Angela God is soo good. I'm rejoicing with you.

My husband went dirtbike riding yesterday with his brother and a friend. He spilled the bike around the corner. He's ok just twisted his knee and possible whiplash..His neck is sore and stiff. He went to work today, I wanted him to stay home. His truck is a stickshift so if you could keep him in your prayers, I'd appreciate it. And this next part just sickens me to my core. My nephew beat up his sister today.They all (my sister too) have been fighting..He's marrying a Muslim woman.So he had to proclaim Allah..Well, my sister is very upset. So for awhile they didn't talk, then to my surprise nephew is buying my sister's house. He says after all is said and done my sister and neice are no longer welcome to the house. Soo today he comes gets mad and throws my neices 52 inch tv across the room. My neice tells him to stop and he throws her and jumps on top of her. My sister calls the cops and my neice presses charges and she goes to the hospital, he goes to jail. My mom is supposed to call with more details..I just can't believe it..He toured Iraq 3 times, he hasn't been taking his meds..I just didn't think this would be possible..So prayer for them would be appreciated too..

I guess we're in for some thunderstorms..Hopefully dh will be home soon as my window is stuck down. Take care and I'll update when I know anything about my neice.
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  5:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message
Debbie my prayers are with you and your family.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  6:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers for you and your family. It is so difficult to understand why family members cannot get along. Hope all settles down soon.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  8:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Debbie! I'm so sorry to hear such horrible news - Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. And all soldiers who have been put through so much... Be with them and their families, Lord.

Angela – Thank God for delivering you from the pain you were in! Don't overdo it! I figure you are rearin' to go.

Miranda – I read and re-read the story you posted about the birds. Very inspiring and well written. Bravo!

WHOA Great ring & even better news! Josh must be an awesome guy; it seems like he couldn’t have picked a better time to pop the question. Love, love, love, love… When is the big day?

Your friend Shawn’s family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Megan – London! I’m jealous!! How was it? I hope to read all about it soon. Welcome back, and nice to meet you!

Cherime – I’ve only had one go-round with the Shark Bite, and it held up fine for about four months, until a couple weeks ago... I had water gushing EVERYWHERE in my basement (otherwise known as The Pit of Despair) for Who Knows How Long before I noticed it and got it turned off. I had my uncle come over and fix it, but I’m wondering if I should start doing my own plumbing.

Judy – Singing is my talent, but I also play guitar. When it comes to writing music, I’m mostly only good for those funny little parodies like the one I posted the other day. By the way, after seeing the package you sent Peggy, I take back the cash thing!

Julie - ?!? I'm still kind of at a loss for the swap. I’m still hoping to hear some more people’s “Favorite Swap Gift Ever."

Peggy – So crazy that you said that you saw a pair of steampunk shoes… Mike and I were talking about doing a steampunk wedding. Now, though, I’m thinking more minimalist; I’d rather put the money elsewhere!

Hi, Jackie! I’m pretty new too; only been here a couple weeks. Funny, I feel like I’ve been around for years.

Netty – It sounds like you had a really great weekend! What kind of goodies did you get? Usually when I go shopping, I spend more time window shopping than actually buying, because then I get the same “retail therapy” without the buyer’s remorse! I did sneak away and spend a couple hundred bucks the other day… I finally got some decorations for the walls in my living room, some garden tools, and some sewing notions. Money goes quick! My favorite, though, is going shopping with my Mom! It’s been a while since we’ve got a chance to do that.

Patsy – I woke up to about 3” of heavy snow on the ground, and it kept spitting it all day! My forsythia bush was about 8’ tall yesterday; today it’s more like 3’. I hope somehow my azalea (which is in full bloom) and my dogwood are as beautiful tomorrow as they were yesterday. I'm not holding my breath for the bleeding hearts - they have already (miraculously) survived two frosts. This weather is so confusing to the poor flowers - it keeps yo-yoing from 30-90!

The picture from your son’s wedding is beautiful! He sure is a handsome fella!

Bunny – What is a strawbale?

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  9:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, for the swap I found a country bucket tin (small), a skein of purple yarn, a crocheted scrubby, a seed packet of wild flowers, and a yankee candle. I'm still hoping to spruce it up a little but I need to mail it on Friday. I just wasn't able to find near enough what my swap partner liked. For instance, I saw a 18 inch chicken resin statue. Maybe that's too much chicken? Or there's a 3 inch chicken, but that's too small. I also had to stick with the colors purple and mauve. I can also include angels. Well, I have a few more days to consider this.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page