Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  12:43:28 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon Porchies...

Luanne...oh gosh girl it is good to have you on the Porch today. You don't come often enough but we love it when you do!! Your trip sounded lovely! So glad that you got to enjoy some time away with your man. How are his health issues? You haven't mentioned for awhile.
You, know...I haven't talked to Darlene since Christmas (shame on me!) but I know she was having a real rough go of it. Her birthday is April 28th if anyone wants to send her a card. I am sure that would really cheer her up. I have her address if anyone needs it, just email me.

Judy...you have a Rhody Tree too! Wow that is so gorgeous! You look so dwarfed underneath that thing. It might be a hot pink but it looks more lavender pink in the picture. That is the size of the ones in the Portland Garden that I mentioned. They leave some bushy like yours and many they trim up off the ground so they look like a tree...and you can walk under them or sit on one of the Park benches under them.

Netty...doesn't that just make you mad when you lose your post...after all that work? That is why 99% of the time I type on "Note Pad" then copy and transfer to the post box.
I laughed over your
"Again Mother Nature Wins!" Too true! Too True!

Cherime...also keeping your sis in my prayers. I have type 2 Diabetis (it is controlled with a pill)...because I do not want leg and feet problems. I have noticed that my eyes are somewhat affected by it already. So, yeah it is nothing to mess with that is for sure.

Kimberly...thanks for explaining the meaning of your horses name. I am glad that your dad is there with you. Because he is...I have my guess, as to what has been going on with you. Hang in there girl...life will get better!!! I promise! I have been in your shoes...and you are dealing with a lot on your plate all at once. We are ALL pulling for you and praying for you.

More later girls....
Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  12:49:10 PM  Show Profile
Judy - Sure! I love books AND tea... Sounds like a lot of fun!! Thank you :-D

Tammy – So sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Peggy Ann – Those pictures were beautiful! & re: my last (very looong post) I try to keep my life as simple (boring?) as possible, but I always find myself doing about a zillion things at once lol! I actually worked on my reply in a word document as I read through everyone’s posts day by day – and never seemed to have the time to finish! By Saturday it was two pages long, but I figured I would just go ahead and post the whole thing since I’d put the effort in.

Pam – My Mammaw always used to make crumbled hamburger for dinner! You just reminded me of her, thank you! She was also a seamstress & made clothes for herself and all of us kids all the time! I hope you share some pics of your dress…

Bunny – whoa! Sounds like pretty good advice you gave your boy, let us know how the job turns out! That is a crazy story from your friend in California. I have mixed feelings about it, but I kind of think that it was a good call on her part, because the marketing will bring extra income for their family, especially in this time of suffering and pain. And the extra business will hopefully help her keep her mind off the sadness and give her some healthy stress. I will add her family to my prayer list.

Luanne – What a neat trip! I’m jealous!!!!

Well, I’m still working on spring cleaning, and hoping to get it done before next spring! I bought a bunch of green cleaning supplies yesterday after dropping the kids back at their dad’s. I started with laundry this morning, but I couldn't find washing soda or Borax at walmart, (I HATE Walmart!), so I'm going to order it later this week. I got a small bottle of Seventh Generation detergent for now.

I was so tired when I got home that I skipped band practice and just vegged in my chair until Mike was finished with his homework… then this morning I slept in until almost noon! I’ve been known to stay in bed for three days straight after the kids go back to their dad’s so I’d say I’m doing ok.

We just got news this weekend that my Pappy (dad’s dad) has pulmonary fibrosis, which is pretty serious. He has less than six months… and my Granny has already had several heart attacks so we are worried that her heart can’t take this stress. My head is swimming today. I have some hemming to do, so I was trying to sharpen my sewing scissors earlier with one of those special scissor/knife sharpeners. I guess I’m too old fashioned because I did it wrong and now they won’t even cut through thread. Gah! I’m going to try to fix it with a good old whetstone, but… I might have to go buy a whole new pair.

Until next time!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  1:15:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy -

Thanks for asking about the boyfriend. He is doing great right now with his health issues, and in fact is out in the woods doing some logging today! I have Darlene's address unless it has changed recently, so I'll be sure to drop a birthday card in the mail to her.

It is 80 degrees here today in PA - unheard of for April, so I'm going for a walk after I get out of work and soak up some of that sunshine - yippee! I made some homemade lemonade and cookies and left them on the porch for you all - enjoy!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  1:30:57 PM  Show Profile
Believe it or not, it is snowing out right now here. It was 51 degrees when I got up this morning, now it is 32 and very windy, and snowing hard!!!!! Very depressing!!!! I am still waiting patiently to be able to work out side.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  1:36:56 PM  Show Profile
This is a picture of the waterwheel that boyfriend's father built - I didn't take the picture, but would love to see it in the snow sometime - maybe next winter!!!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  2:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Janet...how depressing!! I am going to put a kabash on all SNOW after March!!! ha ha!
As if I could do anything about it! But I bet my Indian Ancesters had a NO MORE SNOW DANCE! LOL

Luanne...beautiful Grist Mill. Is this still a functioning mill? We have one here too and they
still run it on occassion and you can go and get free cornmeal and flour there. It is very cool!
Ours has a covered bridge right by it too...so, you get two beautiful experiences in one place.
I have pictures somewhere...one of my favorite places to visit.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  4:56:55 PM  Show Profile
The mill runs on the weekends exxcept when the stream is frozen in the deep winter and the flour and corn meal are used to bake the breads, muffins, etc. in the Wayside Inn. You can also buy it in one pound bags at the mill or the inn. The mill was used for quite a few years by Pepperidge Farms, but they gave it up a few years ago and it is run privately by the Inn now.

Does the mill near you run with a waterwheel too, or does it have a turbine in the basement?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  5:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Netty, you sound like me...Mama&Patsy can do all crafty things...then there's me. lol I bought a "Canning for Dummies" just so I could find the easiest instructions to understand. They really are good books!
Sarah, got ya down for the drawing. Tomorrow is the BIG day!
Luanne, what a gorgeous waterwheel. We have 2 Wayside Inns here in our area. One's a bar and one's a furniture store. I absolutely like yours best! LOL
Peg, I guess our Rhody does have a little lavender color in it. Our neighbors just love when it blooms.They make a fuss!
Well DH got the yard mowed&garden area tilled, and made the area all preeeety again. I washed winter curtains&drapes and then hung the summer valances so I can get all the light I can to come inside and play with me! hahaha
We're having those horrible wind gusts today. I don't like those at all. But at least DH was able to work w/o too much sweating. I guess there is an up-side!lol
Toodles for now!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  5:23:23 PM  Show Profile
Kim- That's some sad news about your horse. Glad he got to be with you in the end. Thanks for the info on his name and breed. It made me think of a kitten. I hope you're doing ok. I'm worried with you losing that weight like that.

peggy- beautiful flowers! I'm not sure about the Game of Thrones series either. I haven't come across anything too graphic yet, but the writing style is boring me. You didn't steer me wrong, I was interested in checking it out from all the talk about the t.v. show. I think the t.v. show would probably be more interesting. So far the characters in the book aren't well written. They are very cliche. I was wondering how Darlene was doing, too.

Bunny- Wow...that story about the lady using her husband was unbelievable. I don't understand humans sometimes.

Judy- Thanks for getting me in the drawing. I wasn't sure you saw that I wanted in on it. Sometimes I feel like a wallflower. Is that a pic of you Judy? The rhodies look like they are big enough to eat you up!

Luanne- That sounds like a wonderful trip you took with your boyfriend. It sounds peaceful. My grandmother was also a very social 80 year old girl.

Lynette- I must be tired. First I read that you were keeping Cherime's sins in your prayers. I thought Holy Cow! I missed something good. Well, then my eyes straightened up. Whew!

Now to talk about things here. CRAZY! I'll start with the next installment of As The Bunnies Turn. Sunday, we received another surprise. The girl bunny we adopted from DH's DD had 3 babies. She had told us the bunny had never been together with another bunny. I told DH that was impossible because we had only had the bunny 7 days. There was no way it was one of our bunnies fathering that litter. So the DD and her mom are still denying the bunny had a boyfriend and it must be an immaculate conception. We're rolling our eyes because no one is in trouble so why be so adamant about denial? Anyway, since we weren't expecting this, we weren't prepared. Now there is one that is still alive. We brought the bunny and the baby inside and are crossing our fingers it makes it.

I brought our girl cat inside today. She got really fat. Hmmm...I put my hand on her tummy and got kicked. She is just eating and sleeping so I think she will have kittens tonight or within a few days.

Tomorrow I'm going to go meet up with a doll maker. She wants to see if I want to do some piece work for her. I'll look at her patterns and see if it's too difficult. If I do it then I'll post her stuff here.

Hope you ladies have a good evening!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  6:25:46 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
Just thought I would pop in and sit a bit. I finally broke down and went to the dr. I was feeling so poorly yet today. Found out I had a upper respiratory infection. So antibiotic and cough medicine to help me sleep. Said I should be as good as new in a day or two. I said dr. I got little butterflies praying over me so I am sure it will be good.

We did have nasty weather here. Snowplows had to plow up the hail. Never seen anything like it in my life. We didn't have much damage...but got some much needed rain.

I do hope you all had a great day. I am off to have some tea, take meds, and head off to sleep.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  7:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly, so very sorry to hear about the death of your horse. I understand your grief, I would be devasitated if I lost one of mine. Keeping you in my prayers.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  7:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Judith, your jellies all sound yummy!! I love gooseberry anything. Yes, I am looking forward to the time when I can just do my own thing with the quilting. I love embroidery, so am thinking about maybe doing something with that too.

Judy, thanks, I did have a good birthday with family.

A good friend of mine surprized me today and treated me to a 'Jan Day'. I haven't been feeling very good lately, so she invited me over for some sewing, then took me to lunch at Mr Stirfry then to a used clothing store and treated me to a "new" outfit for church!! Wow, what an amazing friend. So sweet of her to do this. I am scheduled for a CT scan next week, hope all is OK, but I really haven't been feeling very good and if something is wrong I need to know so it can be delt with. Would sure appreciate your prayers.
Thanks,
Jan

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  11:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Lynette – Sorry I missed your post earlier; I missed a whole page! It’s cool that you were talking about your mother’s talents one post after I was talking about my Mammaw’s! My Mammaw is my mom’s mom, who taught me to sew on a Singer machine, can, plan flowers, clean house, and crochet. Of course, my mom can crochet, knit, sew, quilt, and ect . Whereas me, I can neither sew, nor crochet very well.

Peggy – I don’t know How I missed your “doll’s” problem, but after reading the past 12 pages sooooo carefully, I’m sorry, but I ain’t going back! I’ve let my imagination take over on this one though, and I can say, it sound hilarious!

Bunny/Lynette – I’ve been forced to accept the fact that my children Will grow up In Spite of my leading them in the way they should go. I recently read a psychology article concerning the identification of a third phase of childhood called “Pre-Adulthood, ” defined as age 18-27. The precept is that a hundred years ago there was not a word in our language for the period we call “Teenage.” (Ages 12-17.) These days, teenagers are treated with the same kid gloves that are meant for the compassionate, loving period of “childhood” (ages 3-12). So, upon reaching the age of 18, our offspring have never had to face the hardships of our ancestors, who by age 12-13 were well-equipped to lead a household. As a matter of fact, my great-grandmother was married and pregnant at age 12. Now, less than 100 years later, I am keenly aware of this even newer phenomenon of Pre-Adulthood, which is a direct descendent of our lucky societal circumstance of having been afforded even the choice of an extended childhood!

My mom’s dad was also less unfortunate than I am today: he went to work well before he reached age 18, although he did have the tenacity to finish high school. He moved a hundred miles away, to Akron, Ohio, where he could work in a factory and make his way in the world. When he came back the next summer, he found waiting for him on the mantle an expired letter of acceptance to Alderson-Broaddus College’s football team. Because he missed the deadline, he was never able to get his degree.

My two are only eight and seven, but they both seemed to understand when I explained this concept to them. They have been through the hardship of separation, having had to go through – oh, so many things! -- in the wake of my divorce from their father. Above all, they know that they are loved by both me and their father, and by extended families on both sides. And they know that they will always have someone to help them out. But if they use the decade from age 18-27 to “find themselves,” then they will most likely avoid the same tragedies with their own children, and establish themselves before making any final decisions, like getting married and having children.

Judy – Your rhododendrons are Exactly the same color as mine! And, strangely enough, although they Are bushes, almost all of the braches on my purple “rhody” lower than 3’ need to be trimmed. Looks like I’m going to have a Rhododendron tree with a bench under it one day!

Julie – your mis-read of Lynette’s post had me chortling! Good luck with your meeting! I’m sure it will be a perfect fit for you – you are so talented!

Jan- Prayers for your health.

Well, I went to band practice tonight, even though I was late and Mike was mad at me for using his diamond blade sharpener to fix my sewing scissors. I needed the time away from here to get my head on straight. It was a good practice, too – but he was still mad when I got home, so I’m still up! Not for long, though!! Tomorrow’s supposed to be another gorgeous day in the 80’s, so I MUST take care of some outside chores!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  07:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey all!!!

I was 4 pages behind agian! I keep forgettin what a chatty bunch we are here! LOL!

I can't sit here for long, but wanted to pop in for a quick hello.

I went to the dr cause I just couldn't take hurtin anymore. I have a lump that has developed beside my tail bone. The dr thinks it is a pilodial cyst.(not sure on spellin) But he isn't sure because it's still too deep and hasn't broke the surface yet. I looked it up and it's a painful and rather gross thing to deal with. He sent me home and told me to soak it in the tub and use heat packs and the vicadin script he gave me till it surfaced.

Yeah right! I'm really gonna be able to lay around with heat packs on my butt and soak in the tub. Let alone the vicadin! It knocks me out cold! I have kids and a grandbaby to take care of.

I just can't figure out how sit without pain. I pretty much just pace the floor. I thought of gettin one of those donut pillows from the drugstore, but it's to the side of my tailbone. It would have me sittin tilted to the side. That could not be good for my back! I'm findin stairs to be a real problem as well. They hurt it with every step, but the bathroom is upstairs and the kitchen is down. Do I eat and have coffee or pee?!?

This really sounds whiney! SORRY!

I did manage to get almost all of my planters and pots planted on the porch and all of my 4x4 box planted. I was really surprised at how much I was able to plant right here at my apartment. Hubby was so impressed he figured up how many more boards we need for 3 more boxes. He's plannin to pick them up the first short day he has at work. I think we have enough at the MIL's house that we won't have to buy anything other than more screws.

I can't wait to see how well everything grows. I'm pretty worried about it bein to cramped, but I've run the math over and over and it all seems right. I know the spacin is pretty much textbook and it's more or less a matter of weedin, waterin, and fertalizin in the proper amounts. So I think I can handle it. I'm not real good at containers, but I put a thermometer out there and a rain gauge so I can watch for waterin needs a little better. I'm also keepin a fairly detailed journal so I can try to learn from any mistakes and failures. I know some things just don't do well in containers, but I wanted to try a little of everything and see for myself.

I will try postin some pics of the garden developin on my front porch once I get the camera back from my DD.

I'm off to pace to the floor some more!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  08:22:02 AM  Show Profile
Angela praying that anything that is not of God be gone from your body immediately. Hugs

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  08:30:57 AM  Show Profile
Julie, yup, that's me being gobbled up by that Rhody,and I'm 5:7. That's just a Monster Rhody!!!LOL Like I said, we trimmed it back last fall, so we'll see what it does this year. It doesn't bloom until about June. Right now we still have Dogwood&Crabapple in bloom and out lilacs are just starting. Beautiful to watch and enjoy!
Julie, don't you just love spring and all the new babies!/? I wonder how many kittens she'll have?
Funny/sad bunny story!
Tammy that's AMAZING! Can't imagine having to use snowplows to clean up the hail. Was there any hail-damage?
Jan, sounds like you have a great friens there who knows how to treat a birthday-girl! So sorry that you aren't feeling well though.
Sarah, thatks for telling us a little about yourself.It was very interesting. It's nice to hear about each of you. It helps us to know you better and know how to place you on our Prayer lists!
Lynette, loved the truth in your story too. Kids were an important part of a working farm years ago. They were taught to be polite, responsible and were taught how to do things. Now kids have kids and it's just a means of keeping the family name going or just proof that they can breed. Sadly enough,many are taught no manners or responsibility at all. *sigh* DH works at our CO. Jail and saysthat there are Grandparents, Parents and their kids coming in on a regular basis. Now THAT'S just sad! I could go on and on but I'll get off my soapbox now!

On a happier note, I'll have Hubby pick a name out of the hat now and we'll find out who won the "Book&Tea" drawing! Are we ready Gals???
The winner is.................................

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  08:58:55 AM  Show Profile
..........it's killin'ya ain't it?..........

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  09:44:44 AM  Show Profile
We're almost at 500 - has anybody heard from Megan about our swap?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  10:51:03 AM  Show Profile
Well I tried to get Rascal to draw a paper wad out of the hat because he was interested when I swished them around,but he wouldn't!haha
So Hubby drew................................
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Poggy Smith... and announced it proudly while I did the drum roll with my tongue!
I said...." WHO? " LOL He said, "Poggy!"
I said, "Peggy...that's an (e)!"
"Oh, he says!"(men....cute but silly...& messy house-pets)
Sooooo....Peggy(or Poggy) is our winner for "The Cat Who.... Book&Tea give-a-way!
Congratulations Peg!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  11:14:54 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Peggy!!!!!!

YEA!!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  11:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Peggy!!!! What a great swap!!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  12:40:44 PM  Show Profile
WOW...Iam so honored!!!!! Woot! Woot!! Woot!!! I tell you what gals, once I read it I will do the
same thing and we can pass it around!!! It is just too much fun to get a book and tea that you
don't have to buy yourself! LOL

Just on here to see who Won...was shocked it was me ...but have to go do a hundred things. I will be back later.

Oh, about the 500 Post Swap, I emailed Megan two days ago...still no word back from her. She may still be out of the
Country on her School Trip. So, why don't those of you who wish
to Swap...send me your names via email and I will put it together.
I think our Teenager is busy doing LIFE right now. I will take
names today and tomorrow and then will post Partners Thursday morning.

Thanks and Big Hugs,
Poggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 17 2012 12:45:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  3:27:10 PM  Show Profile
Wow! 499. Talkative bunch aren't we?
Big group HUG!
Blessings

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  4:04:08 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, congrats on the drawing.... Yea!

Sarah, my youngest son is 20 and is so different from my oldest who is 29. My oldest is self reliant and driven. He can fix anything and solve any problem that comes up. He loves it. My youngest gets so stressed when faced with a problem. He gets mad and if it is bad enough he will even start to cry. However, he is my sensitive one and such a big sweet heart. My oldest is a really friendly guy but can be very judgmental. For both of them I have always guided them on what is right but when I knew they wouldn't get hurt (physically), I let them make mistakes and face the consequences. But was always there to help figure out how to make it right. They are both wonderful people in their own way but my youngest is just plain different. He is naive and a bit immature so I think it will take a while for him to "get it". Thankfully his brother is there for him too and does a bit of tough love at the same time.

Angela, so sorry about your pain. haa... pain in the butt... oh well,um... sorry just had to do that.I hope it heals up soon. You are one busy lady.

Tealady Tammy, sorry you are under the weather. Hope you get better soon!

Peggy, put me down for the swap. I think it will be fun.

Well, nap time. The kitties are all piling on me, (one is actually across my arms while I try to type. The other is playing tent under my covers getting ready for his nap. Moe Moe is sleeping on the pillow by my head. Thankfully sticky sammie is over on the couch at a safe distance.

Later all!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  7:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi! . I have missed the porch so bad. My you all have been a chatty bunch. Tomorrow Im hoping to get caught up . lease remember me in the swap.
Have a great nite,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page