Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  10:16:06 PM  Show Profile
It's been so busy here lately,I'm going to enjoy sitting here in this wonderful rocking chair that I found empty(I hope I didn't take it from anyone),looking out across the yard...it's so peaceful and calming,sipping a cup of apple spice tea and visiting with everyone.Someone please fill me in on what I missed...
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  09:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies, I'm sitting down with a cup of coffee and catching up with all the happenings on the porch! I'm home today with a sick preschooler and a baby who had shots yesterday and is rather fussy. I needed to steal a few moments away! March came in like a lamb here and I'm just itching to get outside in the garden!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  1:26:03 PM  Show Profile
Alyssa Marie, March is feeling rather lambish here too. There hasn't been any March snow, and it has been sunny and "warm" here everyday. It's nice to sit back and relax. Channah, how is Ebony Jane doing?
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  3:36:47 PM  Show Profile
i ladies wish march as a lamb here cold and wet
but they promise a nice weekend
i made choc chip cookies and white chocolate hot coco
incan't wait to get out in the garden either.

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  5:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!! I'm sorry I have been gone awhile. Ebony keeps me pretty busy. lol

Megan, Ebony Jane is doing great! She is growing like a weed! lol

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  6:59:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls!

Had kind of a stressful day...happy to kick back in a rocker on the porch. Made some cherry crisp to share and could use a cup of tea. I'm too tired even to knit (now that's tired), so how about just some good conversation and watching the sun go down?

Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:16:42 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, I hope tomorrow is better for you. If the weather isn't nice out in Connecticut that definitely won't help!
God's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  06:25:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! We are having a sunny day, so some of the snow should melt. It looks like we are going to have several days in the 40's coming up, so maybe we will see some actual ground here soon.

Enjoy a pleasant sit here on the porch today. Yesterday I picked up some maple tea from the maple syrup/pancake place. So I broughtt along some for you to try. I bought 3 teabags last year,and liked it so I got a box of it this year.
Is there any of that cherry crisp left? That is a favorite.
Have a great day!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  5:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Like Julia and Channah, I've been busy and so miss the porch. How are y'all doing? I do believe Spring will be here soon. It can't come fast enough for me.!!!!!!! Marcie, I'd love to try the maple tea. Sounds wonderful!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  5:21:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch to all newcomers! I have some green ginger/green tea tea! and some golden raisin scones to share...
I like so many ladies her am itching to get out and garden...we could get snow next week, so I'm garden plotting on paper =) Lots of fun imagining the first shoots, and the garden in full..such a wonderful thought! I hope all of you have a lovely weekend!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  5:32:42 PM  Show Profile

The weather here in N. Idaho has been so great and I just can hardly wait until I can start working in the dirt. Ahhh to sit here and soak up the sun and think about the salads and the veggies from the garden is so wonderful. Ah, those scones sound wonderful, got the recipe?

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  7:32:17 PM  Show Profile
TGIF is all i can say and sitting here is the best way to end the week
and enjoy the company and tempting treats
can't wait for sat. supposed to be a sunny warm day yippy ^ ^
(
V

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  10:02:04 AM  Show Profile
Mind if I join you on the porch? Mine is just big enough for one mom and one son to cozy up on the step together. But I have to tell somebody...My daffodils are poking their little heads up! Just in a little sheltered spot in front next to the porch where the sun gets reflected on soil nicely.

Almost 40 degrees here in Milwaukee and I'm getting ready to head to Outpost (a co-op here) to get some quality flour to start a new mother for sourdough. Only two weeks until the Maple Sugar Days at the Nature Centers on both ends of town. Pancakes and fresh syrup in the brisk morning air...yummmmmm!

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  10:16:06 AM  Show Profile
It sure feels like Spring has sprung in Ft. Wayne, IN! Love it. Hubby has gone to his lab for a few hours so I'd thought I'd pop in to see what's going on with my friends on the porch. Look like all's well but I'd sure like a sip of hot cider if anyone has an extra cup handy. It's in the mid 40's here so the cider would sure make these ol bones feel better.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  11:36:21 AM  Show Profile

Gosh its beautiful here today! I want out of this winter-stuffy house into the sunlight! Jennifer, here is the raisin scone recipe... I wrote it from memory, can't find the original recipe, but this will give you tasty golden raisin scones...YUM. Going to have to bake them more often! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend =)

GOLDEN RAISIN SCONES

2 1/2 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. butter, cut into slices
1/2 c. golden raisins
2/3 c. milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp.sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add raisins, milk and eggs; stir until evenly moistened. Knead dough into a ball on a well floured surface. Pat into a fat circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Move to an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with milk then sprinkle with sugar if you like, also good sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar!. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until pale golden colour.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

lindyfran
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

LINDY
shelton WA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  11:45:55 AM  Show Profile
I just sat down @ my PC & I thank all of you gals for considering our sweet little farm as a home for yourself,to help in an adventure that will add to our community. Lindy 360 427 6702

Lady who owns a farm that wants it to be nurtured,cared for & a real working farm
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  9:20:50 PM  Show Profile
Annika, Thanks for the recipe, it sounds wonderful and I will have to try it soon. And not much sugar good, I can eat them. yummmmmmmm

I enjoy sitting and rocking and sharing, tis a wonderful world at these moments.

Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  9:23:56 PM  Show Profile
Annika, hubby and I came down to Steptoe Butte today and it was gorgeous down your way. What a wonderful green spring fields are, and what a wonderful "quilt" from the top of the mountain.

Go to Top of Page

friotowngirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Cynthia
Pearsall Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  06:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Send friotowngirl a Yahoo! Message
All you ladies are having such fun! I want to join in. Can all of you come to my porch I have a big one and you all can fit. But I'm in South Texas and I don't have scones but I have Tacos! And they are good :) The weather is nice too. See ya there.

Simply Thankful,
Cynthia
http://friotowngirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  07:57:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm bringing some knitting and I'm going to sit and enjoy the Wisonsin spring weather! Ahhh...
God's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  12:35:39 PM  Show Profile
I am coming to the porch to take a nap in the warm sunshine...nothing like a restful sunday afternoon.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  1:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
a nap sounds wonderful Tammy! I sure need one. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  05:29:57 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It is sunny with blue skies here today. We are hoping to get rid of the snow this week with the temperatures flirting with 50. At least it was above freezing before the sun came up.
Just made a batch of chocolate chip cookies to share with you. Will you have flavored coffee or tea with them? I have both.
Enjoy your day!!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  08:40:27 AM  Show Profile
It is so warm here today! Marcie, I also bring chocolate chip cookies to the porch. They are my favorite cookie! Hope everybody has a good day!
God's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Ah ladies Monday is here. Monday is always my busy day. First laundry. Cleaned out my fridge a little. It always seems to get away from me. Hubby was going to build me some new raised beds for the garden but it rained all weekend. Sigh! Maybe next weekend will be better. Filled all the bird feeders. They were giving me dirty looks lol. Now drinking coffee, reading my new issue of MaryJanesFarm and mentaly planning garden beds. Next I think I will put on a pot of chicken soup for dinner. Maybe make some fresh bread to go with it. All you ladies are welcome to some. I need a rest. Lets share about new babies, plant animal and human. Ah spring. New begginings. A little cool and wet but what a promise of things to come.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page