Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  07:37:51 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Michelle, we ALL need chocolate =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  09:45:33 AM  Show Profile
I'm gonna join you ladies in th rocking chair over here. Take a peek at who I brought with me! *leans so everyone can see the tiny baby nestled in the blankets* His name is Wyatt. He's my friend's miracle baby, born 2 1/2 months premature. He's up to 5 pounds 12 ounces. Listen to those grunts...Such a doll! Wanna hold him? Thank goodness there are no germs in this virtual porch too, or ya'll with the sniffles wouldn't get to enjoy...Ah, sweets are my weakness..I'll grab a few M&M's.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  1:02:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, I just love babies! I will hold the little fellow while I sit and take a break from daily toils =) It's going to be lentil and spinach soup tonight at my place...I just make soups up as I go along!

How is everyone today? Some of you have colds and I'm sending my sympathies. Honey lemon and hot water. A bit of apple cider vinegar in water is also good...take care ladies and I hope you are all feeling fit as fiddles in no time =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  3:07:24 PM  Show Profile
alicia
congrats on baby wyatt
and i brought some m&m for youto celebrate
good thing were virtual its snowning like crazy here in jersey
and not supposed to end til sometime friday???
thats ok i'll just cozy up on the porch here and enjoy all you gals

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  3:30:28 PM  Show Profile
No snow here in North Idaho and it is a great day for porch sitting. M&Ms woohoo. And don't mind it one bit if someone were to pass that tiny infant over to me for a few minutes of snuggly. Babies are so soft and cuddly. Hubby and I just found out early fall we are going to have the 13th grandbaby, hope it is a girl. We only have one other girl. Oh almost forgot, pass out some of this warm apple cider it is spiced just right.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  05:01:21 AM  Show Profile
For those needing chocolate, I made some brownies, a pan of regular and a pan of gluten free. So enjoy whichever you need.
The local weatherman says we got a foot of snow, hard to tell with all the blowing snow. It is nice then to sit on the virtual porch. I am working on the new afgan, shades of pink. That can keep my lap warm.
Have a good morning!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  05:20:22 AM  Show Profile
Marcie,

I am in the next state over (CT) so I will sit next to you and work on an afghan too! We need one today with the blowing snow and ice! I will bring a pot of nice, hot coffee to go with those brownies. :)

Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  4:30:37 PM  Show Profile
hi i'm right next to you
and i got close to two feet
and i really need a brownie and some hot black current tea
i brought out the pot too nice and cozy in here

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

friotowngirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Cynthia
Pearsall Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  5:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Send friotowngirl a Yahoo! Message
My DH and I plowed the garden today. So I am tired but feel great. We got alot of things accomplished. Now just enjoying a lemonade and relaxing on the porch. Life is good!

Simply Thankful,
Cynthia
http://friotowngirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  6:03:28 PM  Show Profile
A virtual front porch!! I love it ~ may I join gals? Name's Sadiemae and I can't think of anything better tonight then to sit on a warm front porch and listen to farm stories! And babies ~ I LOVE babies, got three little ones of my own...I have brought some chai tea with me, any takers?
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  6:42:56 PM  Show Profile
evening gals,
I have missed yall while I was gone. I was to a reading conference and spent some time with new grandson. He is so darn cute!!!! Just thought I would join you with some tea and did I hear someone say they have brownies. Yummy!

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  6:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. I caught a little bug and was confined to bedrest. I feel loads better now, and my basketball team took third place in our tournament tonight! Hope that everybody is having a fine night.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  06:05:53 AM  Show Profile
A new month to sit on the porch! And Spring starts this month, on the calender anyways. We always expect some snow in March, but there are nice days too.

I got a few more wintersown containers ready this weekend and will have them on the deck today. I sure do get some strong plants this way. I'll soon be sowing some of the semi hardy seeds and then by the end of the month the annuals I want to get started.

Here's another batch of brownies. I have some chamomile/mango tea ready too. Take care, enjoy this month. I'm glad to have some others to chat with as we create afgans. Maybe we can get a walk in later?
Marcie

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  12:43:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh it has been so long since I have been here to sit on the porch with ya! Not much time for sitting. I do get to sit with my new grandson in the rocker. :) Hope there is room for me today. It is cold and windy here but sunny! I think I need a cuppa hot tea though while I sit and visit. ;)

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  6:05:13 PM  Show Profile
good to be sitting with friends on the start of a new month it was nice and warm today
loving it i made some oatmeal raisin cookies and cinnamon apple tea
its a full moon and clear skies

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  7:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
after a busy day at work I am ready to sit with yall. But it was sunny today so maybe the snow will begin to melt and spring will not be far away. Hope yall had a great day
blessings
tammy

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  7:24:09 PM  Show Profile

Howdy all, my voice is almost completly back, so the peace and quiet will be gone shortly,lol. My neighbor brought me over a huge bag of homemade "maplepecan kettle corn", omg, its so good!!! I will share alittle (can't help being alittle stingy with it,sorry). My weather doesn't quite know wether to rain or shine, the rain is fine with me, we have been dry for so long, it was really making me a little nervous regarding my wells and there levels. Spring is trying to show up one day, then winter is back the next, so bring a quilt with ya just in case, and we will sit back and watch all my goat's kids play, they are so damn cute.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  04:42:11 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning gals!
I've caught up with reading the last few pages. Babies!! Congrats to all the new additions. Babies make for the best reason to sit down on the porch. They may never learn to walk with all of us ladies always holding them.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  05:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I only have access to the 'net on Tuesdays, so when I get here, I have a lot of catching up to do! Tammy, congrats on little Layton. When are you gonna bring him to the porch? Alicia, hand Wyatt over to me -- oh, you are so right! He is precious! Michelle, how'd the trip to the capital work out? Annika, I like the Barnboots and Bloomers. How cute!!!! SadieMae? Of course you are welcome on this porch! Come over here and sit by me, and tell me all about you. I'll head over to the welcome wagon to get a briefing, but then I want you to tell me all the rest. Ladies, I can finally relax. I'm back on the porch with some of the most wonderful women in the world!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  05:42:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh my, I'm ready for some of that cinnamon apple tea. I've been watching the birds at the feeder this morning---look at that beautiful hairy woodpecker. And there's lots of mourning doves this morning.
We are off to deliver meals in a little while, so I will enjoy our chats while I can. Have a great day!!!
Marcie

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  07:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! I would love a brownie and a cupof tea this morning! I got a new chair for my porch. It's a red plactic aderondack chair. Wal-Mart has them in three colors, red, white, and blue. I was inspired and made over my porch with a new chair, rug, and matching pillows. My havorite porch is still this one though, with friends and food, and of course tea!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  01:59:58 AM  Show Profile
I took a trip to southeren Indiana and Kentucky this past weekend. Wow was it great to see all the birds! I have missed you all, Congrats to all of you on the babies. My baby stage is over but I loved them when they were little!
Sadiemae, Welcome!!!
I would love some of that chamomile/mango tea, and some kettle popcorn! Yummy!
I am so excited for spring. I can not wait to get dirty!
Any one up for chatting up about seeds and garden plans?!

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  2:45:38 PM  Show Profile
It's finally starting to feel like spring around Milwaukee! I'm so excited! The birds were chirping today, and the temperature rose up to 36 degrees. Ladies, I don't care where you live or what the weather is like, but Mama Spring is trying to break through.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  7:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Missed a few days, kind of a crazy weekend. Miss chatting with y'all. I was sunny and warm, 54*, here today. Was so nice. Gave me energy to get things done. Now I am ready for a cup of tea and some catching up. Hey, where's Channah?

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  8:02:04 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I am plumb tuckered out. It has been a long few days. I tell you work has been crazy. but it was a beautiful day here the sun was out. So glad to see so many of you ladies. I just love the porch...babies, food, dear friends and conversation...now that is the life.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page