Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:07:04 PM  Show Profile
good evening ladies
i can hear by all accounts
we have spring fever with this beautiful
weather. so excited to see the little buds
and flowers leaves starting to show
i know its early but i made a big pitcher of raspberry iced tea

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  8:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I don't know about you ladies but I could use a good cup of hot tea before I go to bed. I am very tired but I have a feeling it will be another late night. Anyway, sleep tight and don't let those bed bugs bit! lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  04:21:42 AM  Show Profile
It's foggy this morning:( But hopefully it will be warmer later!
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  06:10:59 AM  Show Profile
It is going to be another day up to 50 here, so more snow will go! I love raspberry tea and if I sit in a sunny place on the porch I could definitely enjoy my first iced tea of the season. Thanks for thinking to make it. I'll have the hot tea tonight while watching the stars.
We will deliver meals again in a couple of hours. Such a nice day to be out and about.
Any more animal babies to visit? We saw a few lambs with their mom's on the way to town the other day.
Have a great day!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  09:07:49 AM  Show Profile
We have sunshine and warm weather!!! Finally. I was beginning to think I needed to search the 'net for blueprints on how to build an Ark! The only drawback is -- now I want to get out and plant my veggies, but alas, I know that we're in for some more cold weather, and at least ONE more frost before planting time. So, instead, I'm jut gonna camp out here on the porch, sit in a sunny location, and soak up all that bright goodness while it lasts!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  2:45:11 PM  Show Profile
what a gorgeous day
i turned over the garden
and raked up abit and
so wanted to plant
but i know there probably will be
spring frost..so i instead i made a banana cream pie for you all and hot cinnamon tea enjoy sitting out here with you all...and watching the sunset, can't believe we'll be changing the clock ahead this weekend yippy

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  3:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Closing day...anyone wanna sit with me and drink some tea and have some cornbread and soup? I think we are all tired from all the "spring fever" we all have ! ;)

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  8:14:33 PM  Show Profile
Julie: This weekend we are putting our plants in the ground. Of course we live in SW Louisiana, it is usually a little warmer. Hopefully there will be no more freezes. It's hard to imagine Louisiana having freezes in March! LOL. Cornbread and soup sure does sound great. Oh! Deborah, I will be the first one to spring ahead on the clocks!!!!!! LOL!!! I have been counting down the days. More play time outside, I just love being out in the yard.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  9:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would love that Nicole!! What a long but wonderful day!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  06:07:06 AM  Show Profile
Any more of that cornbread and soup left? It would give us the energy needed to work outdoors or get some of the spring cleaning done.
The snow went down about an inch yesterday. Laurie says she knows my snowdrops are somewhere there under the snow. With rain coming our way for at least six days straight, perhaps I'll get to see some of their sprouts this weekend or early next week.
Have a great day! If you have a chance to just sit and chat today, I know you will enjoy the porch even more.
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  07:51:01 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning gals!
Mmmmmmm warm cornbread with molasses.....great way to start the day. I'm on my second cup of coffee and enjoying hearing the birds sing so loudly. It sounds like we all are getting busy with Spring. I hope we can still make time to gather here.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  07:53:12 AM  Show Profile
It's warm and windy today in my corner of Oklahoma. Plan to get lettuce, radishes and onions in the ground today. After that, feed cows and put out hay then it's time to sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and watch my dogs run like crazy and the new calves play.
Life don't get much better than that.

Judy

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  08:05:27 AM  Show Profile
Ah Yes. Spring fever! I plan to get in my spring salad bed. There a head start as the seeds I threw in last fall are up. Young lettuce, green onions,peas and carrots are up. I will just throw some seeds in the bare spots. I have onions to get in and some last broccli plants. Hubby and worker making me some new raised beds and taking out dead trees for a new garden space. Lots of work but can't wait to get my hands in the soil. So 1 more cup of coffee ladies and I need to get to work. What are you ladies getting in this week or is it still too early? Have a great day!

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

LBP
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Linda
Goodview VA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  11:23:44 AM  Show Profile
I am just joining y'all on the porch, hope you have room for one more? I tilled my garden yesterday and am hoping on getting my onions planted tonight before it rains. Warm cornbread and hot coffee sure sounds good. Especially if eaten out on the porch!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  2:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Linda, that's great! I don't the ground has unfrozen enough, and it's too wet to do anything as far as weeding and such goes. But it is a nice spring day here on the porch.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  6:27:18 PM  Show Profile
evening ladies
just grilled somes peach halves with honey
and made some peach iced tea any takers
iknow its not quite spring yet but with temps and the sunshining
i'm just in the right mood

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  10:42:32 PM  Show Profile
Deb, absolutely will taste one of those grilled peach halves. That sounds so summery and wonderful.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  10:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Just dropped by to say "hi" to all and see what all is going on this evening. Today was a sunshiny day today, but was rather cold here. Last night we saw a few snow showers and it cooled things off a bit. Brr, got to bundle up on the porch tonight.

Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  05:37:29 AM  Show Profile
Well, my plans for gardening went ka-put yesterday. 30 percent chance of rain turned into 100%. I think I will plan on nothing today but porch sitting. Hope there are goodies left from yesterday. I baked brownies so I'll bring those.

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  05:57:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! We are headed to 58F today, with showers coming in tonight. It is sunny right now, so will love to sit with you a bit.
Mmmm, I'd love some of those grilled peaches and a brownie.

Here are some oatmeal raisin cookies, just out of the oven. I've a pot of blueberry coffee if anyone wants to try it.

Have a wonderful day!
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  06:51:08 AM  Show Profile
Blueberry coffee? Seriously? Pour me a cup, please! I have a couple of light afghans to throw over our laps if the breeze kicks up too much. Those and a denim throw backed with nylon for the my little guy on the ground and we're golden.

Amy

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:14:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Marcie, I'd love to try some blueberry coffee! I've brought some mint chip cookies, do you think they'll taste ok with the blueberry coffee?
It's sunny out today, hopefully that doesn't turn into snow flurries. In NV they like to say, "If you don't like the weather wait five minutes."
I hope the feed store calls today, my chicks should be here!

:) Alicia

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson

www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:19:53 AM  Show Profile
Oooo! Blueberry Coffee! Thank ya so much, I'd love some!! Well, what the weather around here is gonna do is always a mystery LOL! So I'm with ya Alicia, Hope those chicks come today. I love the sound of little peeps!

Ya'll have a wonderful day! I'm off to sort out things to take to the Goodwill and free up space in my closet =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Annika, I have a bag to send off to Goodwill also, perhaps we could send each other our bags and find treasures in them. Wouldn't that be quite the swap. Some fun could ensue.

Oh Blueberry coffee sounds wonderful does it taste as good as it sounds.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh that does sound wonderful!! I would love a cup of Blueberry coffee please!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page