Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  11:32:47 AM  Show Profile
*flops into a chair* I need a rest. My supervisor headed out to New York yesterday to visit her mother, which means I have to be here WAY early in the morning. That might not have been so bad, but neither Mister nor I slept well last night.

It's been so slow today that I've pretty much finished my to-do list for the entire week. Today is supposed to be payday (okay technically, yesterday was), but I can't get ahold of the guy who does payroll. He always takes forever to do it, and my rent is due!

On top of all that, Mister has a habit of texting me when he is walking to and from the coffee pot or bathroom at work. His mother has spent all day sending me nasty e-mails saying that I'm distracting him when he's trying to learn. Good grief, I've TOLD him to be quiet and focus! I guess I just have to ignore him--which means he sends dozens of messages worrying about me. *sigh*

I guess it's a gorgeous day outside, which will make walking to the bank nicer. How is everyone else's day?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  12:45:10 PM  Show Profile
I'll have to figure out how to write out the recipe for the Strawberry Rhubarb bread. I used frozen, since my Rhubarb never did grow last year at Momma's house, and I had some on hand. Our friend was amazed that I was able to come up with something like that and make it taste good, since rhubarb can kind of be a pain to bake with and not come out so horribly sour.

The original recipe I created it from was the Banana Tea Bread recipe I use from a book printed in 1941!

I heard from Aunt Mae this morning, and the doctors think Uncle Jimmy is doing well enough to go home, today. I'll wait till my boss gets back from lunch and try and give her a quick call.

And Peggy: Newcomb and Agnes DID end up sleeping by me last night!! He was over my head (as usual) and Agnes was behind my knees... OOOH trying to flip over was kind of scary!!! But, they didn't fight. In fact, if no one is paying attention (or he THINKS no one is paying attention) he plays chase with her. I think he's mostly just mouthing off because HE'S the baby and he's at that kitty-cat "terrible two" stage. Penny just sort of looks at us like she should be scolding and parenting them... she's never had puppies, but she's 6 and has that motherly type way about her.

He had an absolute tantrum, jumped into the garden tub and SCREAMED bloody murder last night, as if someone had hurt him... Josh checked on him and nothing was wrong, he was just in a VERY bad mood. Baaaad lil kitty!

I will post a pic or two later on when I get home, but it's a bit hard to do from work, some times I can't get to the emails so easily. Plus, the one I have with me is a bit dark and she's so very cute!

Well, had a Home Equity walk in while I was typing, and she left for a moment to go get a signature on something, so I should get back to work *sad sigh*

Think I'm going to defrost the smoked chuck roast and warm up the green beans from last night. Maybe I'll have Josh help me move my sewing table to the den tonight, too! We shall see....

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  12:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, I am glad your uncle is doing better! Scary....

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  3:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Those bad Kitties are cracking me up! Keep the stories coming. We just have the one so it's not too crazy around here unless he wants to play tag. We chase him and he chases back, taps our ankle and runs. It's so funny. At least he got over that biting stage. He was 4 in March. (that's terrible 2's in human years, right?) *giggle* He fetches his mousies when we throw them too. Guess you could say he's a "Dog-Wanna-Be!" hahaha He's my Bud!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  6:27:23 PM  Show Profile
oh good gracious...Peggy sent out the Porch Posie...well they found me..I was out of town for the weekend my dear. But here I am reporting to the porch. I even brought brownies and a new coconut chocolate tea from Harney called Soho...very good. Peggy let me hand you the first brownie. now am I forgiven for being awol for a bit.

Only have school through Wednesday than out for Easter break until Tuesday. I tell you the little butterflies have spring fever. It has been unusually warm and they just want to be outside to fly their wings.

We have had a teacher resign and our principal resigned as well. so there will be some changes coming in the future. But I know God has a plan. So I am not worried aobut it.

Peggy is knitting hard/ I have always wondered that. I do quilt but sometimes I would like something to do with my hands while I watch tv or something. Of course dear hubby laughs as he says I have enough crafty things to do..hahahah

well ladies I am off to have some tea and brownies and read for a bit.
I won't be awol for a while now...good gracous me when the posie is out they mean business...heheheheh

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  8:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Well it's still just a tad to cold to be sittin' on the porch up here...but I found a little Johnny Jump-up peeking it's little head up in my garden,,, so,,,soon,,,I'll be sitting on the porch, drinking sweet tea and watching my hummy birds & bluebirds.... not to mention the quails running across the pasture.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  9:31:14 PM  Show Profile
Julie, that is so great about the bunnies. What bad bunnies. But it sounds like they did stick close to home, and maybe now they aren't so thrilled about life on their own.

Those silly cats! When my Miranda and Ariel (since died) were in their first year, they would climb the Xmas tree and recline along the branches. They were too big later. I miss Ariel. SHe was my mother's particular cat. oh, well, not going into all that now.

Yes, I thot it was a great idea to have VBS during spring break. They had so much fun. And there's still that Easter egg hunt to come. I enjoy working on the office. I only do it now and then, when the secretary is sick, or for this week of the Oregon Dairy Convention. It's nice, tho, even tho it involves arithmetic and Quickbooks. but also the church bulletin and other odds and ends. Thank heaven it isn't the end of the month. That's much more complicated.

I got up early and went swimming before work and I had so much energay all day. It was great. Actually, I was a bit late, so i ended up doing half a water Zumba class, which was a lot of fun. Lotsa salsa. But I'm not sure my knees liked it. I'll try it againsometime.
Tomorrow I'm giong swimming early again. One of the best benefits of this job is that i"m learning to get up early, and I like it, as long as I've slept. We had a pretty good day today. Kinda busy, but it wnet ok. The oddest person is out sick with a stomach flu, so we really don't want her back until that's gone, cuz we don't want the bug. But trouble is, the orders and other stuff get way behind when she's gone.

So no soap opera worthy stuff today. But I'm sure it will happen again. The owner of the bldg, which is painted white, had it pressure washed and it looks great without al the green streaks of whatever was growing on it. We go out and gape at it. It looks great. Someday, if it ever stops raining, maybe it will be repainted.

Tomorrow I hope to get there earlier, swim laps, and then go to Starbucks and have breakfast and write before work (at church). And some days, I 'll go to the gym instead and use the machines. this is great.

But now I'm so pooped, i didn't fix dnner, except for the girl. She had a bit of minced pork chop. I was going to, but the kitchen is still a mess, so I had chees and crackers instead.

It's exciting finding all these new parts of my day, and my life. I got out my notebook from three workshops Idid last year at a nature/art retreat place near here, and got some ideas, but i'm too tired at night to do anything.

and so to bed. I've devotionals to read and then I'll probably conk out. I hope i stay conked out.

Good news re he heart attack outcome, too, BTW.
Oh, I haven't reached the banker yet, maybe tomorrow. Got to get that stuff sorted out, then back to looking at houses, I hope. I love doing that.
nan
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  07:48:50 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm here I'm here... sorry to be gone for so long. Nothing much to report about. I had a spring break from school and did some sewing, pruning rose bushes and got papers ready for filing bankruptcy. I started school yesterday. I'm going to have sooo much homework. My first class will be about 6 hours a week, I have two other classes that will be close to that each. This morning is a folklore and mythology class. I have 5 books I had to buy for that so I'm sure I'll be doing lots of reading. My first class is a bit scary. It is Accounting on the computer. Just the software was confusing. My first homework assignment which was really easy took 3 hours because it took so long to figure out how to get around the software. I'm taking my third installment of my basic accounting class and a class on tax preperation.. fun... soooooo fun.

I got my hair permed by a friend. We bartered. I made her an apron and gave her some money. I got curly hair. Nice...
Other than that, weather has been kind of nice.. I even enjoy the rainy days because they haven't been very cold. I love doing errands in a warm rain. Mom's behaving.. pretty much. Kitties are all doing well. Got my kids their traditional See's Candy Easter bunnies and chocolate eggs off. It just isn't Easter without chocolate bunnies to munch.

Julie, I'm so happy to see your bunnies are safe and sound. I'm kind of surprised they didn't get eaten by something out there. They are very lucky bunnies.

Pam, sorry about your thyroid issues. But glad it is being dealt with. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Miranda, sounds like you would do your daddy proud as a "cookie" yourself. Such yummy sounding grub!

Nan, how is the house hunting going? Been thinking about you. So impressed with your early morning swimming. I'm not so dedicated. So proud of you!

Anyway, off to school. This morning should be nice. Then the mean ole accounting teacher that I can't seem to keep from ticking off. Fun huh!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  08:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies. I made it through week one and survived! LOL. Racked up 94 hours last week between the 2 jobs. Thankfully I'll be down to a reasonable 62 this week. Hopefully if he leaves the schedule alone I'll work Tues, Thur. Sat. & Sun.

I definately don't think this job is going to work but I have to keep it until I find something else. The manager keeps changing my schedule. He's just absolutely disorganized and doesn't remember anything. He'll say one thing one day and then the next day claim he never said it. He's desperate for people to work so he's hiring anybody and some of these people are just not intelligent enough for the job unfortunately. We had one guy on the 11-7 shift lock himself out of the office with the keys in the office Sunday morning. One of the truck drivers got a pipe out of his truck and used it to push through the night drawer and used it to push the door release button on the wall but got his arm stuck doing it. The guy on duty had to go through the door once he hit the release button and help the guy get his arm out. When I came in that morning and the guy was telling me about it all I could do was shake my head and then laugh later. The manager was supposed to have gone and gotten change Saturday but never did so. By the time I got back in Sun. morning the only bills we had were $20s, a $50, and a $100 - with people getting ready to check out and being owed $5 key deposits you can imagine the nightmare we were facing. I had to waste my gas running to 3 different gas stations to beg for change. Next time I'll be handing him mileage reimbursement slips. We also only had quarters for coins, no dimes, nickles or pennies. The "bank" machine that's supposed to have $600 in it for us to restock our drawers was empty. Absolutely shotty management to say the least. From what I've gathered he's promising just about everybody manager positions. I feel lied to to be honest and now there's a huge dose of mistrust. Df wants me to quit but I need the money to make the Jeep payments and pay him back for the repairs so quitting isn't an option until I find another job. He's also not happy about the fact that there's only one of us on duty now that we've finished training especially with the weekend crowd we get - lots of people coming from out of the area to "work" if you get my drift. On a good note I have met some interesting people there so it hasn't been totally nightmarish. I like my co-workers but don't trust them. I've seen how fast they'll point fingers and try to blame somebody else. One pulled out a registration card and held it out to me demanding to know if I'd checked the person in. I looked at the card and realized quickly that the handwriting most definately wasn't mine and pointed it out to her.

The kitten/cat antics are amusing. We have the same issues between our 2 cats, Moo and Loony. Moo definately did not like being dethroned as the only cat in the house. Should be intereseting to see how long it takes for yours to become best buds. Unfortunately after 2 years ours still aren't to that point.

The Zumba water class sounds awesome. I wish they offered something like that around here but then I don't know when I'd be able to anyway LOL. I'd love to take Zumba. I did the Zumba classes at Curves last year when I tried working out there and really enjoyed it although it wasn't a true Zumba class because we did the machines as well. I've had to give up my bellydancing temporarily and miss it. There's really no place to work out by where I live that has a pool and to travel makes it too inconvenient. There's a really nice one by work but it cost nearly $100/month and that's out of the budget at the moment.

While I'm thinking about it I'll give a product review/recommendation. I've been seeing those commercials for WEN hair care products and really liked the lack of chemicals and use of oils to clean hair but with a price tag of about $40 for a month's supply was to much for my frugal nature. I recently found a similiar product at Krogers of all places called Salon Grafix Creme Conditioner and it's only $6.99 (sale price $5.99). There's also a Conditioning Balm for the same price which is an intense conditioner - I use it every other time. My hair looks AWESOME. I looked at my ends about a week ago expecting to see several inches of split ends and dry hair because I haven't had it cut in nearly a year but there are no split ends visible and the ends look healthy other then needing a trim. I've also noticed new growth - I never have been able to get my hair totally to my waist as it seems to stop growing about 4" above my waist and I'd say roughly now it's about 2" from my waist. I've also found I can go 2 days without cleansing my hair and it still looks good which I've never been able to do with any shampoo I've ever tried. It was a life saver sleep wise this weekend when they changed my Sunday shift to 7-3 and I only was able to get about 4.5 hours sleep Sat. after getting off work at 11:30. I did note a coating to my hair when I first started using it like I'd forgotten to wash the conditioner out type feeling but that went away with about 5 to 6 uses.

Break time is over and it's back to work for me. Rain expected this afternoon so I guess it's okay that I have to work tonight. I did manage a wander last night with the pups it was so nice out. Felt good to get a good walk in. Fixed venison curry with saffron rice and a salad with honey mustard vinegarette. The man was most appreciative. Might be a good thing for our relationship for him to remember what it was like to be a bachelor again :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  08:56:37 AM  Show Profile
Julie, good dog and good bunnies for staying close to home.
My boy kitties know that the glass jar that sits on the coffee table contains catnip. If I ask them if it's time to nip the kitties, they are right there ready for a sprinkle of nip.
Since there have been 3 dogs, 2 small and 1 large on the other side of the house, there has been a great deal of harsh kitty language lately and hard looks at our dog. So nipping the kitties helps take the edge off.
It is 24 degrees here in the early am but by 6am the sun is beginning to light the eastern sky with that particularly lovely light blue green. By 8am the sun is fully up and it is going to be in the 40's today with not a cloud in the sky. Great weather for making birch syrup, cold nights and warm days. It is starting to melt up here.
Motorcycle riders are starting to appear. Believe it or not there are more riders here per capita than anywhere else in the US. My son has on in the garage that he is eagerly waiting to put on the road to ride the hour to work. But since he works 7 to 7 he is waiting for the freezing temps to go away as ice on the road is no fun on a motorcycle.
Blessings all, glad to see we all made it through another winter.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Kimberly Yay your official now!! WooHoo

Miranda I love Dutch Oven cooking. My DH and I use our Dutch Ovens at home and camping.

Nan I am sorry working conditions are still bad. I am praying for you. it makes it hard to go to work when things are crazy like that.

Judy You bunnies are back? wonderful! They knew they had a good thing.

Miranda I am glad your Uncle is better.

Tea Lady Tammy Brownies and a new tea. I knew there was areason I hang out on the porch.

We had a bit of sun today but they are predicting snow, yes snow, by Thursday. I am more than ready for spring. I am afraid that these really cold nights are going to cause a problem with the fruit tress.

Well I need to get some things done.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  3:42:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We're spose to have rain today, but it turned out sunny/60's/nice!
Yummo, TLTammy,I'm thinking mounds bar with that tea flavor....mmmmmm Got an imagination don't I? heehee You can send us that one as a TeaSwap tea!!!
Hi Grace, it's been awhile,where ya been?...or is it me that's been missing? hmmmm *giggle*
Love t see those little "hummy-birds". They can hummmm for me any time. teehee
Yupper...very bad bunnies. Like the Peter Rabbit story...I'll bet they were sent to bed w/o berries and cream! hahaha
Don'tcha just love it when Bunny says,"Not much to report here," then she writes a whole looooong paragraph that's Anything but"nothing!" *giggle* Love it!!!
Well, that's all from this channel folks!
toodl-eee-ooooo!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  6:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
I may have to just send yall some of that tea...but yall may have to behave yourselves...heheheh for goodness sake Miss Peggy sends out the posie if you don't check in every few days...let me tell you I gotta giggle when that happens...She is like the grandmother waiting for you on the porch...now girlie where you been..heheheh
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  7:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, my, that is alot of hours. Hope it will not be too long that you have to do that. Especially in the summer when you could be out enjoying the weather. I am thinking about you and hoping you are getting enough rest, girl.
Bunny, Bet it felt good to have a little time off in between terms. I am sure you will do very well this term as well. You are very motivated to do your best, and you have been. You are doing so well. Glad momma is behaving for you.
I made peanut butter cookies to share, not sure what kind of tea to have with them. Any ideas?
I am so tired tonight, so heading to bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  06:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. Wanted to jump on really quick and ask for prayers and thoughts. The man got a call yesterday from a company in North Dakota wanting to set up a telephone interview. He has it set for Friday afternoon. He put in his application weeks ago so we were both surprised when he got the call. It would be awesome to be able to get out of Michigan before summer hits. He'd actually be doing sales instead of working on the equipment. He's getting tired of the abuse to his body from working on engines all the time so this would be great. The position is in Jamestown.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  06:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, wish him good luck! Your boss sounds like a male version of mine.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  11:05:14 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, praying that God will open the door.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  1:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh, that would be great!!! Then you would have to give up your 2 jobs, maybe get something with alot less hours???

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  2:20:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Y'all! Just popping in real quick to say HEY!! and share some possible good news. I am still very cautious, but we think we found our house. We looked at one out in the country (TRULY out in the country) with a GORGEOUS view from the porch. We're putting in an offer!! Josh fell in love with it immediately and I felt so peaceful! It's only on two acres but I have a feeling we could grow a Hell of a lot of crops for the two of us, and Josh says I could have a chicken coop!!

I will keep y'all updated, but keep your fingers crossed!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  4:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Beautiful Porch Babes...
How do you like that for a Howdy-Do? LOL

See, Teacher Tammy and Bunny...it pays to send out the Porch Posie...cuz you girls show back up when I do. And I am the Granny on The Porch waiten for ya to get in. ..especially when you been MIA for a few days. Don't want any of my girls wanderen off for good because they don't think they're loved and missed....when you are!!!

Tammy... thanks for the Brownies and tea. You just knew you were going to get out of my dog-house by briben me with Chocolate didn't ya? Well, you were right! LOL

Bunny...glad that your mama is being good. And I laughed with Judy over your "nothing much to report" and then you wrote a bunch. See, you have lots to share...and it's always good....so, don't go thinken we will be bored with your life cuz we aren't.

Grace...good to have you back on The Porch! Where in Washington do you live...besides out in the Country somewhere? LOL We must be getting a little bit better weather than you because we have a lot of flowers and trees bloomen right now. It is so pretty! Even though we broke the rain record for the Month of March. The birds are starting to nest and I just love watching them in my back yard.

Nan...I need to get back to the pool or start walking more or both. I think I gained 10 lbs (too afraid to step on the scales) while being with out my upper teeth. You would think it would just be the opposite but...when you can only eat soft foods, you find yourself eating lots of salty stuff and starches and carbs. Nery a veggie in sight can I eat. Peas...that all! lol
I have seen signs for Zumba classes but I don't know what that is.

RFM Tammy...praying for The Man's Job Interview. Boy, that could be an answer to prayers for you all....and it would be good for you, to be able to quit both jobs and find something else in entirely in North Dakota. Keep us posted. ~ I can't believe you made it through all those hours of work last week. You got lots of stamina girl!

Janet...oh, thank you so much for the lovely card you sent! I got it today and it cheered me up! The little Yorkie on the front of the card was soooo cute! You're a Sweetheart!
I love My Porchies!!!!
~By the way chocolate tea...would go well with the peanut butter cookies. Kinda like a Reeses Experience!

Cherime...do you still have a lot of snow or are you thawing out up there yet? Hope you have been enjoying those Northern Lights for all of us down here.

Miss Miranda...Oh, oh oh ....praying for the house situation. Sounds delightful...a little farm on 2 acres...sounds Perfectly Charming!!

Today...has been rainy again here but it looks like by the end of the week we are suppose to get sunshine and weather in the high 60's- low 70's. They are actually saying a dry Easter! That is a rarity around here. We will all love that.

I guess I am hostessing Easter dinner at my house this year. My son is providing the food and then we will have my sweet Auntie from Portland come over and join us. So, I am counting on the good weather...so, I will feel up to doing this.

Friday one of my adopted daughters and I are going to a big yarn store over in Portland. I am looking forward to that too. I found a beautiful granny square afghan I want to make. It is beautiful because of the gorgeous yarn it is made out of. The yarn is Bernat Mosiac Yarn and the color is Medusa. Which is heather, & purples that go into various shades of green and then all the way to black. It is really expensive yarn. Like $8.00 + per skein...and I am hoping this yarn store has it on sale...if not I have found it on line for a little over $4.00 per skein and I will just order it. I don't know if you guys are like me...but once I get something in my head to do...I want it NOW! I may just buy one or two skeins, so I can start it and then order the rest on line. The dye lot is NOT going to matter in this yarn because it is such a kalaidascope of color. The name of the Afghan is "Bumbleberry Pie" which perfectly descripes the color of this yarn. Mixed-berries, pie crust, and green leaves.

Oh for our Ladies who love gardening, I am reading a really neat book right now called "Elizabeth and Her German Garden" by
Maria Annette Beauchamp
Makes you want to go put a Park Bench in the Middle of an English Garden and take a good book and a glass of sweet-tea and just soak up all the sensory over-load you can!!! LOL

Well, my Porchies...Love Ya all! Chat more later...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 04 2012 4:22:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  7:09:35 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Ummm $8.00 a skein is pretty cheap in my book. I have bought yarn that was way over that. At $8.00 a skein that is bottom of the barrel good stuff.

Well, my X Father in law passed away this morning. I"m a bit bummed. He was a good man. My MIL... not so much. She pretty much kept my boys and their dad at arms length. Yes, my X husband is now living as a woman and that is very hard on a mother but it was his dad that said "enough is enough" "he is still our child and I want a relationship with him or her or whatever". I was very proud of him. But my kids have still missed out on grandparents because of my xmil. She always favored my husband's sister and everyone knew it. When she got married, my mil favored her husband big time. Xmas's were a joke for me. He would get a lazy-boy arm chair and I would get a soap dish from a local casino with flowers glued on and some towels. She really didn't like me and wasn't shy about it. Sad thing is my sis in laws husband cheated on her and they are still friends with him. My x changes genders , I keep a decent relationship with him for the sake of the kids and I'm scum. Oh well. At least I don't have to ever see her again. But I will miss my father in law and know he is at peace and out of pain. He had cancer all through his body.

Not much else to report. Lots of homework to do but I can't seem to get myself in the flow yet. The first week is always like that. Then I'm a well oiled homework producing machine after that.

Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  7:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I love it when you send out the porch posie cause I always feel so loved. It makes me want to come flying with my butterfly wings. Your knitting adventure sounds fun. Did you learn to do that yourself or did you take knitting classes.

bunny sorry to hear of your x father in law passing. HOpe you get a break from your homework.

Judy sent you a little message...love you

Ok ladies I hope you have a great evening. I am on vacation now. The little butterflies and I are on spring/easter break. I am looking forward to praising with my family and friends in church and dinner.

my dear washing machine flooded my back room so spent most of my evening trying to get water sopped up. Looks like I will be calling the repair man tomorrow. Yikes!

well off to read book for while
Love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  7:59:58 PM  Show Profile
One more update before I finish laundry for the evening. Got an email from our agent and, as it turns out, the property went out further than the guys thought! There is a bit that goes out to the road, past the fence, that has been plowed, but it all belongs to the house we want. As it turns out, the property, and the one next door are owned by the same family.

Anyway, we're gonna put an offer in and see what we come back with. EXCITEMENT!!!!!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  8:23:11 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you get your dream place. How excited you must be!!!
Bunny, sorry to hear about your XFIL. Know that he is in a better place and not suffering anymore.
Peggy, sounds like you will have a nice family Easter dinner. Ours wll be small, me, my hubby and my son. My daughter is in Florida right now on vacation soaking up the warmth and sunshine.
Tea Lady Tammy, hope you enjoy your spring break.
I am tired and heading to bed. Gotta get up early and get my driver's liscense renewed, then run errands. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  12:11:20 AM  Show Profile
Wow Bunny...I must use cheap yarn normally! I think 5.99 a skein is the most I ever paid.
Unless, I was buying those big 1 lb or 2 lb economy size yarns. LOL And honestly...I never
buy anything that is not on sale. I live by that motto because I must! I have the hardest
time redeeming a JoAnn Fabrics coupon because I will have a half a shopping cart full but
everything will be sale prices. Usually I will use those coupons for a Knitting Book or
Recipe Book or an expensive magazine or something like that...or else, they just don't get
used.
Sorry to hear about you FIL. Aren't Familes interesting?

Tammy...I had my spiritual daughter teach me how to knit about 5 years ago. I would go over
to her house one night every week during the summer. At first I felt like I would never be
able to do it. The needles felt so ackward in my hands ...but after the first night I finally
got use to them. My project that summer was a simple one color knit scarf. I am a perfectionist
and I bet I ripped that thing out a zillion times...but, I still love that scarf and wear it to
this day. Usually people are not too proud at their first attempt...but I was. The other gal
who started learning with me...never finished (actually you couldn't even say she really started)
her project. After that summer, I became a knitting fool! I went from flat scarves to circular scarves,
to shawls to purses, to beanies, to afghans, to dishclothes. I don't knit socks and I have never knit anything with a sleeve. My favorite thing to knit is dishclothes because they are fast, fun and easy!
And everyone loves them. I sell them, swap them, use them as tuck-ins, give the as gifts and use
them myself. And I never get bored making them. I like to make the kinds with butterflies, birds, flowers,
etc. Or a design of somekind. I don't like to just knit a plain dishcloth. And I like to make them in a variety of colors. ~ Now I am sure I just gave you more info than you wanted Tammy...sorry about that! lol
You should learn...it is so relaxing! Well, not at first but once you get into it.

How is Jax doing? How big do you think he is? I mean what did he weigh at his last check-up? Just curious to how big he is going to be.

Miranda...keep us posted on the house.

Well, girls...I am tired tonight. Will get be back on The Porch sometime tomorrow.

Blessings and Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 05 2012 12:14:29 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page