Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  08:56:56 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, what a mean spirited woman. She must be horribly unhappy. She will be the loser in the end. Cut off and cut out.
I am with Peg. I never have worked with good yarn.
Miranda, praying for you to get the very best that God has for you.
I do not knit a lot although I do know how. I first learned to crochet and that is what I am most comfortable with.
We still have snow. It is starting to melt in the front yard but there is still quite a bit. The northern lights have quieted down for the spring.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  11:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
I just thought I would pop into the porch. Still waiting on the repair man to come look at washing machine. I did clean my house and it smells so fresh and I love that. Then the mailman came with my tea order...so I was in heaven as I smelled each one. Afternoon tea will be a delight.

Peggy thank you for shaing about knitting. I am interested and I am going to see if there is someone around here that can teach me. Lord have mercy on them...hehehe Jax weighed 8 pounds at his check up. He is happy puppy today since I am home. Hubby says he will be spoiled with me home for 5 days. He is growing like a weed. But the vet says he will probably be about 10 pounds when he is full grown. We shall see. I of course think he is the cutest thing in the world. Hubby is right he is my dog. He only answers to me...hubby he just looks at like you are not my owner...I just laugh.

well ladies time for some tea and cookies. This being on vacation is nice.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  2:01:20 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon Ladies. The bunny saga continues. This time with unhappy news. The bunnies have been less than...shall we say...competent in the ways of love. The boys think the face is the place to do the "business." That has been a little humorous to watch but we just thought they were immature and stupid. Yesterday I saw the little girl running around with a mouthful of straw and didn't think anything of it. This morning there were 2 babies but they didn't survive. It's plenty warm down here but I'm sure it was from exposure and she didn't have a nesting box. I'm not too broken up about it as I know it's a learning process and it's part of nature. DH however is all upset, probably because he discovered it all and I hadn't had a chance to tell him that I thought the girl might be pregnant. I took on the job of getting everything cleaned up and put back in order. DD was at school so we won't tell her about it. This weekend DH's daughter is having to give away her bunny since her mother is getting married for the 8th time! We told her we would take the bunny, so now we'll have another girl. Phew! Long story.

Good luck with your yarn Peggy. Good luck with your house Miranda. And good luck everyone else with your tea and jobs and husbands and dogs. I've been keeping up with reading but haven't had a real chance to write a lot. Can't say I've had the pleasure of the porch posse yet, though. I'm thinking about what to do for my tea month. It's not till August but I need to get working on it. Tonight we are going to the Memorial observation. This is like Easter. Ours is based on the old Jewish calendar and so the observance falls tonight. We'll get extra dressed up and go out to eat. Tomorrow DD is out of school and we'll go to the big city to see her cousins. I'm reading the 3rd book in the The Hunger Games. I got the Kindle App for my phone so I can read it there. I'm hoping to read the Game of Thrones series next.

I guess that about covers it. I'm hoping to have a slow do-nothing week next week.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  2:31:29 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to stop and Hi!. All is good here just busy dd is home from college for Easter so this weekend I will crame a weeeks activities into 2 days. Always glad to have the time and I can rest next week. Happy Easter Everyone!!!!
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  5:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Julie...are you liking the Hunger Games? I am wanting to go see the Movie now. I know it will not
be as good as the books because they never are. I was conscidering reading the Game of Thrones series
also. One of my friends who works at Barnes and Noble highly recommended it. ~ Don't think you haven't
come close to having the Porch Posie sent after you!!!!

Ruthie...you too. I was just thinking last night about you and wondering where you were and how you
were feeling. How your leg pain was. I finally got rid of my Lateral Leg Pain...do you want to know
how? My son bought me some small bottles of Joint Juice from Costco and my DH bought me some liquid
gel Aleve. I started taking both of them about the same day. The Joint Juice (just one small bottle a day)
I drink in the morning and the Aleve I take right before bed. About three days after I started this
little regime...I noticed I was pain free in my legs. Who would have thunk??? The Joint Juice is Glucosamine
& Chondroitin with cranberry pomegrante flavor. It actually tastes really good. It costs only 50 cents
a bottle and you get a months supply at Costco.

Tammy...oooooh you got some new teas huh??? What marvelous congoctions did you get? It sounds like Jax
is going to stay nice and small. Bella topped out at 18lbs but she had gone up to 21 lbs when hubby was
sneaking her table scraps...until I put my foot down. LOL

Well, I am off to teach Bible Study! More later girls!

Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 05 2012 10:51:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  6:20:13 PM  Show Profile
Not much new today, did a bit of sewing, went and got my driver's license renewed, paid the light bill and knit most of the day. We went out for broasted chcken all you can eat, so I did not have to cook tonight. That is always a treat. Hope to catch up with all of you tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  06:32:31 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Before I forget Angela your is the only Tea Swap I did not send. Is the address we have the right one? I could not remember. Let me know so I can get it in the mail.

It has been the week from.... well you all know where. If it could go wrong it has!!

Ok on to happier things.

OOOO I love peanutgitter cookies. They go really wel with a chai tea or maybe a green tea.

Tammy ND is really expensive to live in. My oldest DS works on the rigs and stays in the "Man Camp". His family live here in ID. It is hard but they could not make it in ND as a family. to expensive. A 2 bedroom apt. was 3,000 a month! Sorry to put a damper on your excitement.

Miranda praying for you, Josh and the house. Sounds wonderful.

Peggy those colors sound beautiful. you will have to post a pic when you get the yarn and a square or 2 done, just so we can get a sneek peek.

Bunny sorry to here about your xfil but glad he is out of pain and at peace.

As far as yarn goes I have worked with the cheap and the expensive. It really depends on what I am makeing. And Peggy I do knit socks. They are one of my favorite things to knit. They however do require a better yarn or they just wont last.

I need to get moving. I have to be into work at 8 am today instead of 7, So I thought I would spend the time here on the porch with all of you and the tea and the brownies and the cookies and.......

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  07:49:51 AM  Show Profile
Hello my Porchy friends.
Oh Bunny, IM' so sorry your FIL died. Even with all the estrangements and stuff, it is still a big loss. Praying.

I'm behnd, working, mostly, but two part days at the churc office, one spent in messing up the entries in QuckBooks, the other getting ready for Easter and messing up more entries in QB. But the pastor asked me last night before rehearsal how many bulletins I printed-- about 70. He said last easter we had 180 people so I leapt off the couch and printed a hundred more, which I will fold this afternoon.
Then we had a rocking, worshiping rehearsal with all four team leaders and more people on the platform.

And oh oh oh I went to the banker yesterday. She figured out that I could start looking at houses at abot 200k or so to get started. She needs my tax returns and some statements with all the exact info about my finances before she can make the preapproved loan.But she also said she knew a woman in Seal Rock who had five acres and a pony that she had hopeed to give or sell to her granddaughter, but the hubby didn't want to move up here. She's going to try to remember who and what about that.

I can get a USDA rural loan, fully financed from 3-4 percent (she has to figure that part out too)and I told her about bees and chickens. I'm really excited.

I also started the basic info for writing an article (or several) on the "sustainable liveing" or "back to the land " movement going on now. My angle is that people are coming from complete oppostie backgrounds --ultra conservative, ultraconservative religious to ultra liberal , and serval other backgroudns and all ending up at the same place. Not to mention Farmgirls.

Stopping now, will read all the posts later. and reply.
love
nan
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  08:16:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. Chilly out this morning with wind chill temps in the mid 20's. Temp this afternoon is supposed to be 55-57. Got to love spring temps jumping all over the place. I have the evening off tonight. I'm exhausted so a nap will probably be in order or I'll be early to bed since I work 7-3 the next two days.

Df's interview is this afternoon so we're keeping our fingers crossed. He's done a lot of research on the company so he's prepared I think for the interview.

Dianne - only the west side of ND, around the oil, is expensive. Bismark and east isn't bad and we actually found Fargo to be less expensive then where we currently live in Metro Detroit. Apartments in Fargo were averaging between $400-$500 for 2 br which is WAY cheaper then around here and it included heat. Jamestown is about an hour west of Fargo so it's still in the reasonably priced areas. I found a manufactured home with 10 acres and a pond for $67,000 online. Home looked brand new too. They had houses listed from $20,000 to over $300,000.

PeggyAnn - I agree with Bunny that $8 yarn is on the cheap side for me also. I've paid as much as $30 for a small skein of baby alpaca. The afghan sounds beautiful. You'll have to post pics of it as you work on it. The wool I bought for my son's ski mask was $12 per skein and it took 3 skeins to do the mask. It was the softest wool so it was well worth it although many would consider a $36 ski mask excessive. My sock yarn runs about $12 to $25 a skein to depending on several factors. The only yarn I buy at a regular store now is cotton for knitting dishclothes. I also don't use acrylic yarns any more. Once I started using natural fiber yarns I couldn't go back.

Julie - Don't feel bad. Our first litter the bunny died in labor. No idea why. Kids wanted me to do surgery and save the babies but I decided against it. Second litter she had 2 and neither survived - she didn't prep like she should have. Third time appeared to have been our charm and we had a healthy litter of 5 bunnies. I'm thinking about getting back into it again to raise meat rabbits and angoras for fiber to spin.

Bunny - sorry about your XFIL. I agree your XMIL is a miserble person. Her nasty karma is starting to come back to her. I wouldn't want to be her in the years ahead.

Tammy - what types of teas did you get? I haven't even tried all mine from the last shipment.

Well I need to run. Everybody have a great day and I'll let you know how the interview goes.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  7:04:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Tammy for your words of advice. I decided to be first out this morning since she seemed like she was still contracting yesterday. I even put a box and fuzzy stuff. This morning there was one more, not alive and not in the box. Cleaned everything out. She was much happier hopping around today. It is certainly trial and error. I'm awaiting the arrival of another girl bun as we speak but DH is stranded with his DD & the bun. They have a tow truck and a ride from his cousin. But I have that antsy feeling when you're just waiting for someone to get home safe.

I am enjoying The Mockingjay. I like having it on my phone also.
Peggy, I always worry about having expensive yarn and ruining the project.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  12:19:33 AM  Show Profile
Dianne...I have not received your tea yet...I keep looking for it in my mailbox. Just thought I would mention it.
I just ordered half the yarn I need for my granny square project. Nobody local had the color I wanted...so, ordered it online and got it for $4.85 a skein. Which is going to bring the cost of the afghan down to $58.00 instead of $100.00 Will order the rest at the end of the month when I get paid. I will take pictures once the yarn gets here and then once I get a little ways on the project I will take some more pics to show how it looks done up.

Today a friend of mine and I went to 4 yarn stores over in Portland so I got to drool over all the expensive yarns that I love to look at but can't afford. She was needing some sock yarn and she had won a free pattern in a yarn crawl she had gone to a couple of weeks ago. She makes gorgeous socks. I have never tried making them because the smallest knitting needle I can comfortably work with is a size 8. With having 2 types of arthritis in my hands I can't go smaller than that and not get mega hand pain. But that is ok...socks look hard to me anyway.

Jan...did you just have a birthday? Is that why you were getting your drivers license renewed? Happy Birthday Girl if we missed it!!!! I am so bad lately about sending out cards. I use to be so faithful at it.

Nan...sounds like you are getting all ready to really go full throttle with your house search. Wouldn't that be cool to get a house with some land and a pony? Wow!!!
You might just get yourself a little farmsted going after all.

RFM Tammy...I felt some wonderful alpaca yarn today and the colors were delish! I can't knit with wool or angora because I am allergic to them...which really limits me in yarns but there is still enough I can use to keep me happy!
I am even allergic to acrylic...that is why I am having to have my dentures made out of Nylon. Miss Sensitive to everything under the sun...that's me. lol

Julie...my reading group decided to read the George R.R. Martin books. I will let you know what I think of the first one "Fire and Ice....
once I get into it. The four books in that King of the Thrones Series are very lengthy...so, I hope it is as great an Epic Fantasy as everyone claims it is. Have any of you other Porchies read that Series?

Well, it has been a nice full day...filled with laughter and fun! Don't get as many play-days out as I use to...so, I really enjoyed myself today.

Hope everyone has A Fabulous Easter Weekend filled with Special Celebrations with Family.

hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 07 2012 12:24:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  10:34:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! Just popping my head in real quick. Have the day off from work, but I am doing a lot today! Going to try to clean up the den and get the sewing table set up in there, maybe work on my next apron. Also going to get my stuff for my wedding dress orgaized in there!!! WEEE!! I have almost everything to make it, now!!

Also have to clean the kitchen. I am making deviled eggs for Easter tomorrow, as well as the strawberry rhubarb bread (except I'm making it in a cake pan for Momma's birthday, which was Thursday).

I'm gonna ask y'all to say some prayers for a family here in Austin. Yesterday, around 2 in the morning, one of our APD officers was murdered at a Walmart not far from where we live, now. We've shopped at that store a few times, and I never really feel comfortable there. I call it bad medicine. Well, it was a simple call about an intoxicated individual. The guy attacked the cop asnd pulled a gun before the cop could even react, then shot the cop in the neck. Two Walmart employees tackled the guy after that and subdued him, but they couldn't save the officer. He has two girls, 6 and 10, and was, according to the Chief of Police, one of their best officers. I didn't know the officer, but it struck me even more when I found out he was in the Marine Corps. I have a very special place in my heart for Marines.

Well, I'm waiting for the boys (Josh and his coworker Malcom) to finish up their lunch break before I get working. Gotta go down to the mailbox and see if my crystals are there! WEE! Then, I'm gonna get working on my cleaning and reorganizing. YAY!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!! I will try to check in again later!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  10:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Miranda, have you heard anything yet? I guess it's way too soon. I've been walking around grinning for two days. I have to get all my exact info to the banker, so she can be specific and I can be actually approved. I'm confused about my income. I have this part time job, and I think that income would count, but I think she said they will look at the last three years, and all that money came from my investment account capital. And they will look at that account and figure that that money will last another three years if i keep spendig it, and that's all they care about, or soemthing. So in theory i could quit my job and it wouldn't matter. I think I need to call the banker and ask again. A lot of what she said went right over my head.

I haven't exactly gotten the go ahead from the Lord to quit, but not working there is very close, I think. BUt the problem with that is, I really want it to be that way, and I could be making that up because *I* want it, not because he says to go. So I"m trying to calm down and wait quietly.

Tammy, praying that you will find a better job -- your description of the way people would blame and blame, that is exaclty how it is at my job. Even the doctor does it. But there are many fewer people, and none of us are under as much stress as all your fellow workers must be in this hard time. So it isn't as bad, Ithink. That and I just don't accept the blame in myself. I acknowledge mistakes (oh my there are so many) but I am immune to the manipulations and all that baloney. I'm even immune to the death stare, which I got from the doc for giving him the wrong chart (similar names) and having interrupted him in the middle of another patient. I just smiled sweetly and left.

I have this whole day off. No rehearsal. I shall water plants, and do laundry and put it away, and deal with the fridge, which is growing science projects again. And make something with the mass quantities of blackberries in the freezer.Still.

I"m excited to see what comes next in my life.

Did I say that my BIL in Boston has an odd lymphoma, a cancer of the blood, for which he is being treated. He gets his second dose of chemo this wednesday. The outlook for this disease varies. A few years, or a lot more, it's hard to say, but there are several treatment options. Plus, he's in excellent condition, hockey in the winter, soccer in the summer, plus bike riding to work (geesh, in Boston! My sister does it too.)
But they dont know the Lord, and they need him so much. So would you pray?
Love from
Waldport Oregon. Weher the sun is out and the sky is blue, quick rush out and look at it before it goes away!
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  10:54:59 AM  Show Profile
I figured out how to make cat food that is mooshy like canned food. I used my stick blender. I'm feeding my little Miranda cooked meat for the protein. She won't eat chunky cat food. So even if i mince meat very fine, it's still chunks, and won't do. But the stick blender works pretty well. Now all I have to do is rotate beef, pork and chicken. It has occurred to me to cook up a larger quantity of each, and use my blender, and then portion it out and freeze it. I may get it together to do that.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  11:06:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow, we are only 10 pages away from the big 500! so exciting. We are a bunch of talkers aren't we?

Nan, a house, some land and a pony. So cute! I hope you find that special place. Just remember to be conservative. As one who knows, that mortgage can be a heavy chain around your neck if things get hard. If you get some land, you might think of looking for someone with a "tiny house on wheels" (not a trailer) to rent a space to. It would help with costs. Check out the tiny house blogs and you'll see what I mean. Check out www.tinyhouseblog.com They are really cute and there are people looking for places to park them. I'll be working on that in the next 5 years myself. I wish I had thought of it with my property when things got hard. I have learned so much since then. If you have any questions about it.. let me know.

Anyway, I have sewing to do today. I'm testing an apron pattern I have had around for a while. I'm thinking of making a few and selling them at the farmers market this summer. I'll post pictures when they are done. They are reversible. I have so much fabric! It would be nice to find a way to really make some decent money with it all. People don't pay enough for quilts and aprons seem to be so popular.

Anyway, the sun is out and I'm headed for the basement. I open a basement window and my cats play king/queen of the window. One sits in the opening and the ones inside can't get out and the ones outside can't get in. Eventually intimidation takes place and the next king/qween moves into the window opening. It is funny to watch. I have 5 cats that play this together. Of course Stinky Sammie usually stays "king" queen the longest as she is very fluffy and isn't easily intimidated.

Later all!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  11:17:26 AM  Show Profile
thanks Bunny for the warning. I forgot about that things can get hard. I will take deep breaths and calm down. And my Realtor will keep things real, I think. What a great idea about the tiny houses on wheels. Tho the banker said the USDA doesn't like financing any property with a barn, because it could be used as a house or something. Didn't quite get that. I'll have to ask about that.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  12:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Nan, that's why those little houses are on wheels. They aren't permanent. As far as the barn, I would wonder about that. Plenty of houses have outbuildings that are used for workshops and ...um barns for animals. I'm sure as long as there is a regular house on the property it wouldn't be as much of an issue. Otherwise a lot of houses wouldn't get financing.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  12:39:17 PM  Show Profile
Nan, just did a little checking.. banks don't like to loan on land that has a barn that houses animals and is also used as a residence. They call them Barnominiums. (like condominium). Why I don't know.. but I'm sure if there is a traditional house on the property you will be ok as far as outbuildings.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  1:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bunny. That is odd. I don't think I would be living in the barn with the anmals. Of course only a few hundred years ago, andprobably in places around the world now, people do live in houses with places for animals. People used to live above the stable, as it were. And the Pilgrims here had one story houses, with the stabling attached, it was easier access in the winter, for one thing.

But I still woulnd't build an apt. above the animal barn. I'llask the realtor.
But parking the tiny wheels, that is fun
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  5:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Just had to update everyone... I just signed on a contract to buy the house we looked at on Wednesday!! OH GOODNESS I'M EXCITED, HAPPY AND SCARED ALL IN ONE!!!! This is all so new to me, it's just frightning!!

I'm hoping everything goes well... my stomach is all in knots

I got the den cleaned out but started feeling bad again and ended up laying down for about 30 minutes. I got started on dinner, Strawberry-rhubarb cake for Momma's birthday, and deviled eggs for Easter tomorrow and finished those up, and as I sat down to check my emails, found that my agent had sent the contract adendum to me.

My stomach is so twisted up in knots... ugh.

Wait... I already said that, didn't I? Oh, gadzooks... if I'm this nervous buying a house, I'm gonna be a MESS when Josh and I finally DO get married, am I not???

Well, ladies, think I'm going to go see about eating. Hopefully my tummy overrides my nerves HAHA!!! Love you all and keep your fingers and toes crossed for us!!!

(In the mean time... here's our house!!!) http://www.realtyaustin.com/idx/homes/texas/taylor/76574/3500-county-road-414/8261884.html

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  7:12:04 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, I'm praying for that poor family, and also the guy with the gun. He obviously needs something. Oh what a tragedy. And the policeman's friends and fellow workers, and the Walmart employees. Brave people to tackle the guy.

Re your house, OM Gosh, what a kitchen! 2 plus acres! Plowed! I love the part that says Number of horses allowed: 8.

WHen do you move? It's really a nice house. I'm so excited for you. And that porch, you can grow stuff up and over that porch roof, like climbing roses, I bet. You could look for the yellow rose of Texas. I read about it in Susan Wittig Albert's mystery stories.Tho, really, which antique rose it is, is probably apocryphal. And the song is about a woman anyway. But still. it's the thought.And roses are herbs, too. And edible.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! That's waht my best friend and I shriek as we hug each other and jump in a circle. and I'm a first soprano, so you can imagine the noise.
EEEEEE!!!!! Eight horses!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  8:49:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Nan, for the prayers for that officer! As I said, I did not know him, but it hurt tremendously when I read it. Such a senseless loss for that poor family.

Everyone who reads the listing says the same thing about the limitation of 8 horses... I love it! As long as they don't tell me I can't have chickens, I can handle an 8 horse limit!

and yes, I know the EEEE! because that's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm an alto myself, but I can get shrill when I need to. I'm Irish and Indian, we make lovely loud, earsplitting noise when needs be.

This has been SUCH a wild, incredible, strange day... I'm by no means complaining! Just very tired, and very happy. I never did get to work on my apron, but I DID finally get my sewing table moved. I will share pics of it (and Agnes! Keep forgetting to share her pics!) soon. The table was painted in the 70s by my mother. The only thing I changed were the handles... they were busted up and I found some lovely little glass handles made in India that just make the piece.

BUT for now, I'm off to cut a few more paper flowers and sit here, giggling to myself!!!

Hasppy Easter, my friends!!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  07:33:13 AM  Show Profile
Happy EAster! He is risen!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  12:31:32 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter everyone! He is risen! He has risen indeed! Have a blessed day with your family and friends.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  2:30:43 PM  Show Profile
Hasn't Been A Great Easter For Me because of Fibro...it ruined all my plans, but my Heart
Is Ever Rejoicing Over Our Risen Savior! He's ALIVE!!!!

Miss Miranda...so excited for you about the house. Thanks for sharing the pics. Look like nice large
rooms! The Kitchen looks a lot like mine...in this house we are renting. Cupboards are a bit plainer
here but from the same time period. What is the little out building there? I could see that as a little
crafting house. I will be praying for you that your offer is accepted and all will go through smoothly.

Nan...we will want pictures of your new place to when you sign the dotted lines. LOl

Bunny...I love those little houses! They are so cute. Not for everybody however...but darling non the
less.

Tammy...Happy Easter Friend! Hope it was a lovely day for all!

Dianne...I got your wonderful tea and card yesterday. I almost tried the Blackberry Sage this morning but
decided Hot Chocolate would go better with my Cinnamon Toast.

More Later My Lovelies...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page