Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  11:40:59 PM  Show Profile
Judy and Jan...very cute mug cozy!!!! My soon to be DIL makes them too.
I'm with you Judy...I had never heard of a mug cozy...just a teapot cozy.

Jan...I make mostly Shawls, Scarfs, and dishcloths. I love making dishcloths.
And I use them a lot for swaps and have many people who order them from me too.
I just find it all so relaxing and love to end my day knitting while watching
tv with DH.

Tonight though...was my bible study night. So, even though my fibro was flaring I
went and taught and it got my mind totally off my pain. I will be so happy with all
these storms quit coming through and it gets sunny and stays awhile. That is when
I feel my best.

We are getting record rain here. I didn't think it could be worse than the last two
years... but it looks like we are going to break those records. I guess I shouldn't
complain as there are parts of the country that are going through worse weather than
we are.

Thanks to those of you who prayed for my friend that just had the heart attack. They
put three stints in and she will be going home tomorrow. One blood vessel was closed 100%,
one 75% and one 50%. There were no main arteries clogged (which was a good thing). So,
they didn't have to do any by-pass surgery...which is a huge blessing.

Well, I am pretty pooped tonight girls. So, going to go to bed early for a change.

RFM Tammy...still praying for you girl. Take it easy and pace yourself...and I am praying
a better job for you.

hugs and good night blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  05:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. My youngest DS and his wife gave me chocolate and a cute stuffed bear before the left to move to MN. My youngest DD and her BF gave me Montana silver earings. As it is payday for most of my family today, we will see what else shows up. LOL My DH is taking me to a hockey game this Saturday. SHould be a blast. I love hockey, but then you already know that. LOL

Tammy been ther done that with the long hours. I worked 2 jobs for almost 2 years. Makes it hard to have a life. Prayers are with you.

I have heard of mug cozies efore but I have never seen one. That is so darn cute. Is there a pattern some where for them?

Nan good for you stepping back like that. What a neat way to look at the way people behave. Like a soap opera. LOL.

Jan thank you for the birthday card. It came in yeasterday. The neat thing aout cards is you get a little ray of sunshine everytime one shows up. Like peggy we are getting lots of raain, so I love the little rays when they show up.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  06:31:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies! Ric is off to work on this rainy Friday, and I don't have to be in until ten. So, I figured I would bring some cranberry muffins and some mochas here so we could all get our days off to a yummy start!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  09:25:29 AM  Show Profile
Horrible news. 2 out of 3 bunnies escaped last night. We didn't feel good last night so let them stay out in their yard. One of them dug a small hole under the fence and they got out. The one left is too big and fat to fit through. And I had just built a shelving unit to keep their cages on outside since the weather is nice. I will just have to be more responsible in the future and make sure all buns are in cages even if they stay outside overnight.

Love the pic of the tea stuff!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile
It's afternoon here, but I just woke up a bit ago. My girls woke up and came downstairs quietly. They ate cereal and watched cartoons while mommy slept in upstairs. That was kinda nice. I've been very stressed lately.

My MIL's car broke down, so I have had to chauffer her around a bit. That's been fun. That is if you consider a root canal fun. That's about how painful it's been. I've been a very good girl and kept my mouth shut, even though I've nearly bit my tounge completely off NOT sayin what I want to when she rides me about movin out. She insisted on takin back the house and refusin to take care of herself. I will not feel guilty for protectin my family!!

I've had to run my mom to dr appts because she has had a few minor heart attacks. The dr got on to her about not excersicin and not quittin smokin. He said everything else looked good, but her meds were a little low. He raised them some and now it's just a waitin game to see if it worked.

I got a terrifyin phone call 2 days ago. My DD called hysterical and nearly screamin. She had locked her keys in the car and the grandbaby was in there with them! I was about 5 minutes from her, so I raced over to try to help. We called the police, which terrified her more thinkin they would call welfare. We got really blessed! The officer that showed up had already unlocked the car once before when she was goin in to be induced. He knew the car was problematic because it locked itself while he was holdin the door open after unlockin it for us that first time. He said he was supposed to report this since it was a second incident and invovled a child, but he knew what the car was like, so he wasn't goin to. He also was puttin a note in the computer about the drivers door bein broke and the car self-lockin so we shouldn't have problems if it happens agian.

I am just gettin wore down by everything goin on at once. I have made a serious effort to get back on my vitamins and I had a long talk with Hubby about it today while he was on his lunch break. I am gettin buried in boxes and piles of stuff here at the house and it is stranglin me. He promised to come home and get right to work on the house tonight. A lot of the piles are his tools and projects he has yet to finish for the house. I told him that if he would come home and do 1 thing every night he would accomplish 30 things every month! And weekends he could accomplish more than one thing a day without much time invested. He agreed and said he was gonna work on helpin with as many of the little things every night as he could and doin at least 2 big things each weekend. He also promised to sit down with me and help make a garden plan for the 'comgar'(his word lol) tonight after the girls go to bed.

I got a 20x40 spot by the way! YEA! It's actually 2 20x20 plots connected since almost noone showed up for the meeting last night. I'm excited about it, but also overwhelmed. I already had a plan for a 10x10 and was sorta dreamin out the possibility of a 20x20. Now I am flabbergasted and havin to totally rethink everything for a 20x40. I will definitely have corn and potatoes and I think I will add some of my Green Sausage Roma tomatoes for sauce makin. I am not sure what else there will be, but I have an entire rubbermaid tub full of little boxes of seed packets to choose from. Would my giant sunflowers be too much to put in? They only grow about 12 feet tall! LOL! I may add them just for conversation starters to get to know my other gardeners. The kids loved the big 2 foot heads of seeds. They would set in the living room with the thing laid across both their laps and pick seeds out to eat while watchin tv.

I have a Wrestlemania party to get workin on. It's this sunday and we have a bunch of people comin over. I have to get the laundry done and clean the kitchen up. Hubby is cleanin the livin room and bringin over a couch from my sister's storage unit when he gets home from work tonight. I will be able to sit on a soft couch and plan my new larger community garden, sorry 'comgar', plot tonight. That will be nice!

I'm off to the 'dungeon' to do laundry. That's what the girls are callin the basement. It does kinda look like one. Is that why the washer and dryer is down there? I hate laundry! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  1:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Julie, so sorry about the bunnies.

Angela, sounds like that space is a well- earned reward!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  1:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi porchies,
Made a decision to stay over here. The over 50's forum was a bit much to keep up with for me.
Never heard of a mug cozy either sis, but why not, huh?

Hope you had a nice birthday, Dianne. :)

DH and I got our fishing license today and it rained, lol, but hey, I'm ready,right?

With all this crazy "June" weather, we got half the garden in seeds planted. Forsythia is done blooming and in full leaf. Tent worms are really going to be bad this year and are "camping" heavily in their chosen trees. Never saw so many "tents" in a tree before. Guess I should take a pic. The wind has been quite bad here too, every day, not just one day.

Hope you all have a good day. Think I'll have some mocha and cranberry muffin. thanks, Alyce.yummy! :)

The rain never stopped, so in my jammies by 6 pm. Signed back up for Netflix, so going to go find a movie and cuddle up on the couch. Have a good one, girls. :)

hugs&squeezles.com (not real, but I liked it, teehee)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Mar 30 2012 3:39:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  3:23:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julie, that's so sad. Do you think they will stay around close so you can find them? Bad Bunnies! >:(
Like Patsy, I've decided to stay over here on the "Porch" thread. I'm overwhelmed trying to keep up with 2 threads that are so busy all the time.Plus, gardening is coming on, Mama needs to find a new apartment. Her neighbor has bedbugs. They are all over that complex now. Help me to pray for her that she doesn't get any...that would be dreadful!
Cranberry muffins and mochas...yumyumyum...Thanks Alyce!I just love tart cranberries in something sweet.
Still lovin' all the calorie free foods&beverages. I told one of the Gals over on "Over 50"(Kathryn)that she should come over and get aquainted because of all the great foods&beverages we eat and never gain an ounce. teehee We'll save her a rocker won't we Girls?
Nan, glad that schedule turned up. ~~whew~~
Patsy...tentworms already. THAT can't be good! Poor trees.
Well, I'm off(but ya'll already knew that didn't ya?) hahahaha
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  6:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Patsy and Judy...glad you've moved to the "Other-side" Ha ha ha It is funny but that is
exactly what happened to me... I felt so over-whelmed over there and my Home Base has always been
The Porch...so, I decided rather quickly to stay on The Porch with all my Porchie gals.
I will be praying for your mama and I hope she doesn't get bed-bugs...but they do say there is
a real investation of them again in the US. Mostly if you travel and stay in Hotels and Motels
you bring them back with you in your luggage and clothes. Nasty little critters!

Patsy...you sound like me, Jammies on early...curl up with a good Netflix Movie or good book and just
snuggle in for the night. Heavenly Heavenly!

Julie...oh honey, I am so sorry about your buns. I hope they will come back to their yard and
not wander away for good. That is sad!

Angela...oh, I hate basement laundry rooms if the basement is un-finished or only partially
finished. Reminds me of growing up. I had a basement bedroom...the bedroom was ok because I fixed
it up for a Home Ec Project. Picked out the paint (Lavendar what else?) and painted it and
made curtains for the window and closet that had no door... but the rest of the basement was
pretty creepy and dismal. Spiders every where....and I am not afraid of Spiders but I found some
big ones trying to get under the covers with me a couple of times. No Thanks!!!! ~ Sounds like
you are going full throttle on those Garden plans. We wouldn't expect you to operate any other
way girl. LOL Just don't get yourself distraught over everything...or your heart will start acting
up again. ~ I am glad that you got a nice Police Officer to help get the baby out of the
car. That would freak me out to have my child or grandchild locked in the car too. But praise God
it wasn't in extremely warm weather.

Alyce...thanks darlen for the yummy cranberry muffins and mocha's. You knew just what I needed didn't
you? My waistline doesn't but I sure do. LOL

Dianne...enjoy the Hockey Game for me too. I don't go any more because I walk so slowly in the
crowds that I feel like I am going to get mowed down...but I sure do miss all the excitement
of a Hockey Game.

Well, my youngest son just brought his dog over to play with our Scotty. They are brothers and they
love to play together. They are so rambungious and they just chase each other non-stop for hours.
It is really good for both dogs now that Bella is gone. They are so comical. And they will stop
right in the middle of a full throttle run and kiss each other. Their dog Brindle is my Grandog. They
kids will say, "Do you wanna go see Grandma..." and he gets all excited. He is actually more loving
towards me than Snickers is. But Snickers is doing better!

Guess, I will go grab my knitting and relax for awhile...first I'm going to get my Jammies on...
can't let Patsy have all the FUN! LOL

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 30 2012 7:04:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  7:44:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, yes, we had snow today. It snowed so hard you could hardly see. It snowed for a few hours, but melted because the ground has warmed up some. It was 30 degrees for the high today and very windy. We have had so much wind lately. I want to work outdoors and get my raking done, but too windy, and all the neighbors leaves are blowing into our yard, so I am glad we did not get the yard done yet.
I am too tired tonight to respond to everyone, but I will be ack tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  04:52:33 AM  Show Profile
Julie sorry about those bad bunnies. Isn't that just like kids, escape into trouble. You might try baiting them with something they really like and see if they can be lured home.
Angela, easy there big fella! Breathe deep and take little bites it will all get done when you can.
Peg, The dogs tearing around sounds like my little guy cats. They are not from the same litter but were raised together on formula. They are rescues. They tear up and down the three stories and love hitting the small rugs I have made. They they will curl up together and nap.
Jan, thankfully it is in the 40's up here finally and hopefully breakup will not be too bad. Later all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  07:30:07 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

We have sun shine. I don't know for how long but it is welcome.

Tea swap is in the mail. I hope you like what I am sending.

Julie I am sorry your bunnies got out. They are tricky little devils sometimes.

Angela congrats on the garden space. I love the big sunflowers too. I am planting some along my back fence.

Judy of course we will save Kathryn a rocker. She is one fun gal. So much knowledge that she shares freely.

Thanks for the muffin it was yummy and just what I needed this morning.

I have grocery shopping to do so I best get going.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  08:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Guess who is an official Farmgirl Sister now???? :) #4045

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  5:07:23 PM  Show Profile
*fanning self with palmleaf hat* Hey girls! Don't mind me, I smell like smoke! Barbecued pork ribs, have a chuck roast and some veggies on the smoker still. Going to make Guacamole, too.

Welp, I ordered Josh's wedding ring, some more stuff for wedding decorations, and went by JoAnn fabric to get the fabric for my wedding dress!! Still not formally engaged, but Josh is actually quite enthusiastic about it all!

We may have another fur baby, too. He sent me a picture of a CUTE little ginger tabby, and asked how I would feel about it. Funny, since he's "not really a cat person". He said he thought another cat might help Newcomb settle down at night and quit pestering me so much. The truth of the matter is that this poor little kitty is going to end up on teh streets if someone doesn't adopt her. Cat person or not, he hates to see animals suffering. When we get her home, I will decide on a name and send pictures!!

Well, ladies, I hate to cut this short, but I have to head back out and check on the meat and veggies! Hope you're all doing well!!

Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  5:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Angela, how great your hubby is going to pitch in and help. And the sunflowers sound great. I'd definitley grow them. What a nice policeman that he did that. Can the locks be fixed?
GOOD JOB on keeping your mouth shut. Oh my goodness, I'm so working on that too at work.

Julie, I"m sorry about the bunnies. Don't suppose they'll come home, when they figure out it was better there than in the wild?

Work is getting odder. It's like they all hate each other, but they won't either leave or fire anybody. Twilight Zone. Today I've been thinking about it, and I shouldn't be, so it's getting to me.

I had Chorale practice this a.m., and it went pretty well.WE're getting much better. I have some second soprano parts I don't get yet, but I will.

I got up and went swimming beforehand, too! For 45 minutes, even. My counselor helped me work out how to change how I see my schedule. He said adding workouts in the morning was a good thing to try, and that the fact that I cuold even plan it meant i am focusing on the change. The bigger deal is to do it before work, because I'll have to keep my work clothes tidier than my jeans. So tomorrow afternoon, I'll ponder the best way to do that. Probably need a hanger in the changing room. But that would be awesome, if I actually went swimming before work. I'd have more energy and would have done something I love, too, really used my own time for my life.

Yay official Farmgirl sister #4045

Miranda, now I'm hungry.

My friends from church finished up my beehive for me on WEdnesday, so I brought most of it home. I couldn't meet them to have the work party on Wednesday cuz i was working. So now I have my bottom board, the top cover, the inner cover and the hive body done. One of them took the frames with the wax foundations home with her, to keep them safe until Bee Day, April 13. I can't go to Eugene to pick up my bees and learn to hive them, because I have to work. Unless of course I get fired before then. Not likely. But I"ll meet them that afternoon and help set things up out at the farm.

I'm pondering dinner now.
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  07:07:49 AM  Show Profile
Nan, the food turned out GREAT!!! the ribs were SO good. I need to learn how to keep my fire a little hotter, but other than that, I am excited about my new skill!!

My Daddy was the "cookie" for his Single Action Shooters Society group, and did dutch oven cooking over open flame. I would love to do that, especially when I saw one of the merit badges involves dutch oven cooking!!

Well, we got the kitty home and she and Newcomb have been fighting, but that's normal. Penny is very curious about her, but the kitty won't go up to her yet. She's still a baby, cute as can be, with white and ginger fure and the PRETTIEST eyes... they are literally orange on the outer edge and bright green around the pupil. I just told Josh she reminds me of the Precious Moments kitties with her big, sad looking eyes. OH YES, and I named her Agnes. I told him it's a name I like, but I figured he wouldn't want to name our daughter that if we had one. She looks like an Agnes, too.

We have cleaning on the agenda today... as well as a bit of shopping as I forgot toilet paper. I want to get started on my yellow apron again, but not sure if I will have time.

Oh dear, Newcomb and Agnes are fighting in the kitchen... It doesn't sound so horrible that I need to intervene, I figure they need to duke it out for a bit until they realize they are family. That's the way we always did it when I was growing up, and it worked, for the most part.

Well, I need to go write a short shopping list, so I will check in again later! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  4:31:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchie-Buds! We started out with a dry/sunny/60 degrees, but now it's soft,spring rains and upper 50's. I went to mama's and had some turkey veggie soup that had the best broth on it that she's made yet. mmmmm-mmmmmm I could really taste the rosemary in it. The best!
She had made peanut-butter fudge yesterday so that was dessert. haha I was one happy kiddo!
Peg-Dear, thanks for the welcome-back!I'm just not as young as I use to be,so I can't do the "Little-Gray-Cells-Going-In-All-Directions-At-Once" anymore! I have to "KeepThoseBabiesCorraledInOnePlace" if I want to focus! hahaha Ya, I laugh, but it's sad..... STILL worth a Giggle though!!! heehee
Now....where was I....oh ya....The "Porch".....
Jan, it's so weird to hear you say snow, when so many of us are saying 60's to 80's!
Julie, have you seen "hide or hare"(sorry) heehee of those miserable runaway buns?
Dianne, yeaaaa, can't wait for the tea to come! I just love "Treats-By-Mail!" I'm like a happy dog wagging his tail,tongue lolling out the side of my face, drooling,waiting for the inevitable morsel! ~gimmeegimmeegimmee~ LOL
Hoorayyyyy Kimberly-#4045...Welcome to the Sisterhood!
Miranda, the more fur-babies the better I say! ~wheeee~
Nan, so sorry to hear about all your stress at work! Hope something changes soon...before you ~>c>r~a<c/k<~ like an Easter-Egg! *snicker* *sigh*
Thanks for your prayers for my Mama. They really are trying to keep the bugs at bay, but it's a huge unit,11 floors, 19 apts per floor....ya....H-U-G-E!!! I took her some spray today so she can spray on her own time too. Gives me the willy's though! *shivers*
Well Buds,time to dress-down,get comfy&have a cuppa and read!
Love yuns! Have a Great evening!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  6:45:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies :). It's been awhile since I posted anything...a lot going on & I'm so tired all the time (thanks to the low thyroid...yay, how fun. At least it's treatable, although it's going to take awhile). Last week being spring break up here, I had morning shifts (7-3:30), so it was lovely to be home before 4 everyday. And then I had Friday off so I could go with my family to the Winter Fair (even though it's not really winter...it used to be in February, hence "winter fair", but they moved it up to Spring Break, but kept the name). It was a good day. Long, since I'd been up since 5:30 and we didn't get home til 11pm. I found some bowls, a pitcher & an old milk jar at Value Village, along with some "old style" shoes for my 1920s/1930s outfit for our ladies night. I'm really hoping that the patterns will be here before Thursday so I can make at least one on the weekend to see how it works.

Sorry for not replying to any posts. Headed to bed soon. Night all.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  6:56:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Well, thank you very much for the bunny sympathies. Turns out they didn't go too far. The dog woke me up Friday night at 11:30 just barking barking barking. I knew something must be up and was hoping it was a bunny. He had our favorite bunny cornered under the porch and was making sure she didn't run. I was able to reach right under and pick her up and we were happy and spoiled the bunny and the dog. Saturday evening we found the other one which was a bit trickier. We teamed up and the dog flushed it out and then we were able to net it. So all the bunnies are back and we have the cages set up outside for nighttime. Hopefully no jailbreaks.

I'm looking forward to the tea in my mailbox. Congrats Kim on your new farmgirl number.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  7:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Pam. It must still be rather dark inthe afternoons up there. We've switched to Daylight savings here (mid-Oregon) so it it light until almost 8. SOunds like a fun day at Winter Fair, and neat about the shoes and bowls and things.

Judy, thanks for the sympathy. I got recharged today at churhc, and I'm ready to go back to the battle tomorrow. It's still a soap opera, and I'm still curious to see what on earth can happen next.

Miranda, that is great about the ribs. Maybe that's something I can learn to do in my new place.
Hee hee about Newcomb and Agnes. She sounds lovely. they sound bratty, but you're right, they have to establish who is The Top Dog, as it were.

It's been a bit warmer here, in the 50s and 40s at night, but it's supposed to blow hard YET AGAIN tomorrow. geesh. enough already. It's been raining and raining and raining. We had flood watches, but no floods so far. It isn't raining at this moment. The sun has been out for a couple of hours.

School and my chorus class starts tomorrow. I work for the church secretary on Tues and THurs at church. THe Oregon Dairy Association has its conference this week, and she always does all the orgainizing for them, and helps set up and all that. It's very cool. So I come in and do the books and the bulletin and other stuff. We have some potted palm sort of plants in the sanctuary and the poor dears don't looke well. So I'll fill their watering bulbs tuesday, too.

We had Vacation Bible School this last week, and it was a hit. THe kids and teahcers did a skit during the service, it was very funny. Their families came to watch and we had a BBQ and a fun time. Next Saturday is an Easter Egg hunt (plastic eggs filled with goodies, thousands of them) and if it is raining, sigh, it will be all over the building. And then it's Easter!! Worship today was awesome. Can't wait till next week.
We've been bringing in clothes to give to the Help place at the Newport schools. It has supplies and clothes for students and their families for freee.

We have been doing an Is. 58 fast, which includes clothing the naked (as it were), so all the clothes we've been bringing have been laid out in a long heap on the platform front steps. It's great! Also food and othter stuff, too. I love giving. It's so much fun.

Well, it's getting late, the kitchen is a smelly mess (it was clean just two weeks ago!) and i need to iron my work clothes and feed my littel Miranda.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  7:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Dianne, I'm so sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! I hope that it was a great day!
Miranda, can't wait to see pictures of your new furry friend! The people I babysit for recently got a new puppy, and it's so adorable!
Julie, I'm glad you got your bunnies back! It seems your dog was quite the help in this situation.
This weekend was a really relaxing weekend for me. I was able to spend some time with my Mom, and I finally watched the movie Courageous. For anyone who hasn't seen it, watch it! It was so inspirational, and a great, sad, touching story. I was pretty much crying for half of it, and the way all five of the main characters' stories weaved together made it even better. Then this morning I went to mass and was able to spend some time with my Nana afterwards. But alas, tomorrow I have to go to school. But I only have school through Wednesday, then break! There's also only 10 days until I go on my trip to London with the school drama club. It's gonna be a great week, porchies, I can feel it!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  7:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, a short post tonight, been busy outside all day putting up a shed in a box that we bought last week but could not put it up until today due to wind, snow, cold.It warmed up to 57 today, yesterday was only 33, and 35 on Friday, so it felt nice today. Now if it stays, that is another story.
Julie, so glad you captured your bunnies. Hopefullt the cages will keep them safe.
I am tired, so heading to bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  9:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls, been a lovely, but exhausting Sunday. Got an email from my aunt that Daddy's brother, Uncle Jimmy, had a heart attack last night. Aunt Mae says he's doing ok but it's such a scare since that's what took my Daddy from me. I'm planning on going to see him tomorrow if he's still at the hospital.

We had a friend over and grilled hamburgers and corn, and I made my greenbeans and banana bread and made a new recipe for strawberry rhubarb bread. That actually turned out FABULOUS!!!

Agnes and Newcomb are still fighting and he's stomping (yes, stomping) around like an indignant preschooler. He's even acting out! Getting up on furniture he's not supposed to be on and everything!! But, when he thinks no one is watching, he takes out running after her, playing. Oh dear... he curled up beside me... and Agnes came out from under the couch and is curled up under my foot... and he's growling..... I'm afraid to move.... yup... he just swiped at me. OK so... I think I'm going to go plug my laptop in *koffkoff*

*phew* OK he just left the couch. Agnes is still at my feet but she's not as short fused by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, fixing to head to bed since I have a long day ahead of me. Tuesday I have to go register my truck, since I forgot to do that this week, and Wednesday we're off to look at more houses!!

So, until later, my friends!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  01:01:29 AM  Show Profile
Well MY Lovely Porchies...

Goodness it has been pretty busy on the Porch today. I was lurking earlier but was working on a Jean Pocket Project for one of the Swaps...so, didn't post anything.

Julie...so glad the bunnies made it home safely. You must have one terrific dog...who knows how to herd. What kind is he or she?

Kimberly...Congratulations on the official farmgirl #4045. We are still praying for you and hope that someday soon you will pop on and fill us in on what has been happening in your life.

Pam...welcome back to the Porch girl...we have indeed missed you. Low thyroid is no fun! A pain to deal with! ~ The Winter Fair sounds like it was a lot of fun. Exhausting but fun!!! LOL

Judy girl...did you save me some of mama's peanut butter fudge? I am sitting here drooling all over myself. *giggle*

Dianne...I am also looking forward to the Tea arriving. Let's face it girls...we just love getting fun pkgs in the mail!!!

Miss Miranda...the furry kids sound like they are going through the typical adjustment period...but don't you hate it when they snuggle close to you...then decide to fight. My dogs use to do that too. You were afraid to move lest you get caught right in the middle of it (which I did a couple of times). You need to post a picture of the new baby, soon so we can all oooh and awe with you. Sounds like you had a lot of good food at your house over the weekend. Yummo girl! ~ I think it is cute that the wedding preparations move forward even though there is no official engagement. Maybe you will make it down the aisle before you ever get engaged. LOL Stranger things have happened.

Megan...that movie sounds really good. I love anything inspirational like that. I read over on Christian Farmgirls that it really impacted your heart and I think that is a beautiful thing.

Nan...it is exciting as we all prepare for the week before Easter. So many special events leading up to the Glorious Resurrection Day!
I use to be a Church Secretary too. Many moons ago...but it was one of my favorite jobs. Do you work every Tues and Thurs to help out the Secretary?
Aren't you just so sick of rain!!!! I keep looking for Noah...I am sure he must be close by. lol
That is kind of cool that your church did a Winter Vacation Bible School. Most Churches do them in the summer. I use to love to work Vacation Bible School. It was such a great outreach into the Community...for both kids and their families.

Janet...hope you got your shed put up before the winds knocked it back down. The winds here have been as bad as the rain. It is all getting a wee bit tiring. I am ready for some Wonderful warm Spring and Summer weather.

OK Teacher Tammy...do I need to send out the Porch Possie??? We are missing you girlfriend!

You too Bunny...I figure you have been either studying all weekend or back to sewing up a storm...but we miss hearing from you!

Well, My Lovelies...I guess we will chat later. Sweet Dreams...don't feed the Nightmares.

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  09:15:37 AM  Show Profile
**yawn** Mornin' Gals! Didn't sleep well at all last night...just kept thinking about Mama and bedbugs. ~Ugh~ Like my Grandpa use to say, "I just need to jump on that little nightmare and ride it!" haha Everytime I opened my eyes I said,"Please God, don't let her(or me,from visiting,get them)!" Isn't that sad when you don't know how to pray for such awful stuff? You never thought it would happen to anyone you know! I know that the Bible says that we will see a lot of pestilence in the last days....and boy are we ever! **sigh**
Julie, you have a great dog to help out with those bunnies like that and not(eat)them! *giggle*...*patpatpat...good dog*
Nan, I always loved teaching VBS! So much fun bringing in neighbor children who never attended any church. I liked canvasing the neighborhood "Bringin in the sheaves" the week before! I learned right along with the kids too.We have a church around here that's having a VBS this week too. I wonder if it's something new? Why not? "VBS...It's NOT Just for Summer Anymore!' Kinda catchy! lol
Miranda, so sorry to hear about your Uncle. Will Pray for him! Could you post your straw/rhub bread recipe? I'd love to try that when the rhubarb starts.Thanks! I bought a loaf of cherry bread at Bob Evans to try last week. Loved that! Sorry to hear that those kitties are being so bad. "Bad Kitties...Be GOOD for Mom!" *wags finger at them*
Ya....that'll do it! LOL Hope the transition goes quickly for yuns!
Oh Dear....Was I spose' to save some of that yummy, rich, peanut-buttery fudge for you,Peg??? *ooops*
***wipes mouth/looks guilty/burps*** heehee
That's funny Peg...Miranda walking down the aisle before she even gets engaged!.....good one!...ummm...how does that work again???LOL
Well, DH is mowing for the first time, so I should get out thereand do some weeding.
Later Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page