Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  7:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Marly, she is one spoiled little girl!!

Megan, Thank you!! God is full of surprises!!

Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  7:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Maggie:
Maybe this summer Ebony and Sadie can come and sit on the porch with us. We'll all have chocolate, vanilla, strawberry ice-cream. LOL. Hugs to the new baby.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  04:51:03 AM  Show Profile
Marly! I'm so glad you're back on the porch! I've missed you. Channah, bring that sweet baby up here so we can ALL spoil it. I just love baby goats! Tammy? Are you in better spirits today? I am fully understanding how you are feeling, so my prayers are being said. And for you, too, Catherine! How's your hand today? Ooh! A tetnus shot? I HATE needles! And all the rest of you wonderful women -- y'all don't know how wonderful it is to rest a weary soul here on the porch, knowing you'll be well fed physically, spiritually and emotionally! Now, all I need is a loaded plate, a steaming cup of hot tea and a comfortable rocker, and I think I'll be set for life!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  05:27:08 AM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is feeling UP today, spring isn't that far away. By the calender less than 30 days.
We are having a wintery mix today, but it is so pretty I'm not going to mind it. I have my camera in my coat pocket, so will try to get some pics while walking over to the porch. Here's some hot blueberry muffins too.
Take care and have a good day!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  06:00:16 AM  Show Profile
I am sitting on the porch for a minute before leaving for a political function at the state capital. I am growing weary of all the mess that is taking place right now in our district. I wish I could quit and just be a citizen!!! I don't like feeling manipulated. That's why I like being a farmgirl, it's straightforward and yo meet the nicest people!!! Have a grear day all.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  3:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Would love to sit on a porch right now, but it's cold and wet and snowy here so the only porch I can sit on is a "virtual" one. That's okay, because I see I am in the BEST of company! Hello ladies, happy to be here. Got some homemade chocolate chip cookies to share. Catherine, hope you feel better, today was the first day in three weeks I started feeling energetic after a nasty flu, so I feel for you! How does homemade Beef Stew in the crock pot sound to y'all? :)

Nicole, Farmgirl #1155

KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  4:03:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm game for some stew, YUM!

Michelle, I hope things will settle for you soon, stress and turmoil are no fun!

With all these goodies, I am so glad there are not any calories via internet, we would al be enormous! But oh, would it be fun if we had one big porch where we really could just sit and visit as we can, share tea, cookies and stories! I love stopping by here!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  5:53:57 PM  Show Profile
its a rainy night and you all are invited onto the screen porch
got a little fire going and some hot tea and blueberry scones
come and sit awhile

inch by inch
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  5:59:34 PM  Show Profile
Mmmmmm! hot tea! I've just baked some of MaryJane's scones with walnuts and orange peel....sooooooo good!
I've been doing a bunch of seed orders today and think I've bought at least one package of everything
Tomorrow its tackle my over stuffed closet day and the spring ritual of getting rid of what I don't wear.
But for now I'll sit and rejoice in the peace and companionship of my fellow farmgirls!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  6:24:13 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
How are you? I wanted to share with yall I became a grandma last night. Layton Lee made his way into the world last night at 7 pounds 9 ounces. I will get to see him this weekend. Julie thank you for asking about me today. I am in better spirits today and know God has a plan. I brought chocolate cake in honor of my new grandson...so eat up ladies and I too Julia am glad we don't have to worry about calories here on the porch.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  6:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Tammy! I know sometimes it's hard to see that God's plan will work out, but it seems you have the strength to get through this rough time in your life. Again, congrats on the grandson! I'm bringing chocolate chip cookies just because of all the good things on the porch tonight.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  6:37:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh how wonderful! Congratulations on your little grandson! I'm glad you are in better spirits =)
A new grandbaby is enough to bring joy to anyone's heart.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  8:31:00 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Tammy! Babies are so wonderful!!! My middle daughter found out her due date is one week after my oldest daughters due date. 2 grand babies in October! First a wedding, then babies! From empty nest to full arms! Can I have a piece of that chocolate cake?

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/

Edited by - Julia on Feb 23 2010 8:34:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  05:54:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! I thinkI'll come in on the screened porch today. We have a major storm headed our way. They don't know how much snow we will get, predictions start at 6 inches. I think we will cancel our plans to go antiqueing this weekend.
I brought along some of those Easter colored M&M's. Feel free to take a handful.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  06:21:44 AM  Show Profile
My virtual porch is from the 11th floor of the Jackson Marriot. I am at the state capitol today. Congratulations Tammy on your new bundle of joy. I am going next week to see my grand daughter. I had the best roll left over from dinner last night this morning. I had a cup of coffee in my room. The other women just think I 'm weird. Why spend money if you don't have too. I picked up my room before I get ready to leave. I've been told that's weird. MMM, common courtesy is now weird!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  11:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful Tammy!!! I am so happy for you!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  12:42:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh, congrats Tammy, give that sweet little babe a hug and kiss from me please. I still have no voice, an occasional squeak, and I can whistle,lol. The cough and sneezes are almost gone thou. So i will still be listening only. My Son and D-in-law said they've never heard it so quiet around here, made me want to smack them both, lol. i do love that i can eat all that sweet, fattening stuff, without my sugar going thru the roof.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  1:24:39 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Tammy! Just love new grandbabies. You can never have enough. I have 6 and 1 on the way. When I am really down I walk down the street and love on my grandson. He is a spitfire, he always can make me smile no matter how down my mood is. Well here's to new grandbabies and lots of smiles to come. Thats my tea toast for the day lol.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  2:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
heres to grandbabies!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  2:35:10 PM  Show Profile
oh tammy what joy congrats and happy spoiling
bring him around so we can help
i've brought out some hot spiced cider to toast the new baby
what wonderful day
debi

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  4:25:48 PM  Show Profile
I just realised that I'm lonesome =( I'm a stay at home girl of 49 on disability for health problems and I can't drive darn it! I don't have any local girlfriends to chat and laugh with! I'm thinking of starting a chapter in my home town and trying to make a few good friends and fellow farmgirls at heart! So I think I'll sit a spell and soak up some farmgirl energy and understanding. I'm either thinking of Florabella farmgirls or barnboots & bloomers Farmgirls! Which do ya'all like better? I can't make up my silly mind!

Thanks for always being here to chat with ladies, I so love your company =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  4:46:48 PM  Show Profile
That's a great idea Annika! It feels good to be proactive. I like the name Florabella farmgirls personally. I am taking a short break on the porch. I just got home from the state capital. It was great. I think I will snatch some M&M's now and relax!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  7:24:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls,
I hope to have a picture after this weekend of the new wee one. Annika I like the Florabella farmgirls...sounds kinda sassy. Teresa, I brought you a special tea with honey for your cough and sniffles...so sorry to hear you haven't been well. You know us ladies here will smother you with lovin'

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  8:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls!
Tammy, congrats to the new baby and family, and, of course, to you. I brought brownies, would anyone like some? Just grab. I love this porch. Julia, thanks for missing me. How kind of you to say so. I'll take a walk later, try to walk off those brownies. LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  07:35:15 AM  Show Profile
I have been enjoying the tea sent to me by my farmgirls sisters! I have gotten a cold from the hubby! Of course it has to be before a huge event I have planned!! I need chocolate!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page