Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  6:40:17 PM  Show Profile
Long day, long week, tough year so far. Move over everyone. There's no better remedy than a spot on the porch, a sampling of all this good food, grandbaby stories, fun, laughter and the friendship of a ton of farmgirls! Oh, I feel better already! Glad your team won, Megan! Teresa, it's okay if your sick -- join us anyway and we'll nurse you back to health! Michelle, we have fresh cream -- no worries! Ah, ladies. Y'all are truly the best!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  05:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! What a beautiful morning! We have lots of sunshine! Since it is still very cold I am going to work on the new afgan while we chat and rock. Perhaps we can take a little walk later and see if there are any signs of spring.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Julie I feel the same way you do, long day long week, and a tough year! It's only 9:30 am!! It's nice out this morning but it looks like rain on the horizon.I am sitting on are porch with my little Princess, a big cup of coffee and a lot of contemplation!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies! Here are some fresh scones and tea if anyone wants them!

It was a tough week here- lots of stress but I am trying to shake it off and not carry it over into the new work week. :D

How are you ladies today? Any special plans for the day?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:33:24 AM  Show Profile
I wish I could get my energy back. My best friend suggested a trip to the doctor. I usually am very active an have a hard time sitting still. lately I have been so tired. I would like to try to make a nice dinner this evening, go to the grocery and try to make it to church.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  08:15:38 AM  Show Profile
Michelle - I'm with you. My energy has taken a vacation, and doesn't seem to want to come home. I woke up this morning, and told the Good Lord that I was well aware it was time to put my big girl panties on and get over this, so now that I'm home from church, I'm planning on putting that into action. Unfortunately, my first task is to clean my house, starting with the bathrooms!!! UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! Maybe I can just go back to bed, instead?????

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  09:00:45 AM  Show Profile
I took a HUGE step this morning right from my spot on the porch (a,k.a my bed this morning). I signed up for my teacher's test for the state of Florida. I have been wanting to do it for 10 years! I figure that life is too short not to live where I want and have the people around me that I love! Now I am soliciting prayers!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Michelle:
You'll be in my prayers. Keep us posted on your teacher's test. I think all this lack of energy is due to the weather; rain, cold. Enough. Happy Sunday to all of you porch dwellers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
My baby Sadie Just had her baby late last night!!! her name is Ebony Jane!! I am so excited!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Channah! Now, I've been reading the forums for a while, but just to make sure, Sadie is your goat? Either way, a new little friend to bring to the porch! I'll be bringing To Kill A Mockingbird to the porch to read for a while.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  1:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Yes she is my goat!! This was her first time kidding and she did a wonderful job!! God took care of everything!! It's a long story but I didn't want Sadie to get pregnant because she was so young, only 7 months when my buck Joey who is the same age got out and got her pregnant. I had no idea when she got pregnant, but did a little math and figured that she would kid in late February. I was so worried because she was so tiny and small and never thought she could have a baby. But God truly took care of my baby!! He new what he was doing!! If you want you can read more about it under the barn yard section!

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Ms. Treadle
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Leigh-Ann
Northwest Mississippi
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  5:25:17 PM  Show Profile
A cup of tea on the porch while sitting in a creaky rocker sounds wonderful!! So glad to sit and chat with you ladies. You are a blessing already.

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary. ~Mary Kurtz
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  6:50:48 PM  Show Profile
Joining yall on the porch with my tea. I am feeling a bit down as we are in a difficult season right now and today has been difficult. So thought I would join yall and just relax and wake tomorrow to a new day.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  6:53:34 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I hope the next week is a little easier on you.
God's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  6:55:57 PM  Show Profile
thank you Megan, I know God has a plan but lately it has been a bit difficult to see the path.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  04:39:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm definitely coming for a sit down. I jabbed my hand while trimming hooves. I have a puncture wound and need a tetanus shot today. Sitting on the porch will be the remedy for my pain.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  04:44:22 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, I hope you feel better! Going to have to watch all you ladies from the inside, though, it's snowing here in Milwaukee. Have an amazing day ladies!
God's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  05:46:02 AM  Show Profile
This morning I have 2 dogs in my lap with my coffee. I am in bed this morning cuddling with my little girl. We had a storm last night and it woke everyone in the house. I am feeling better this morning, more hopeful. I am taking my teacher test for Fl on 3/17 and am working toward moving back to Florida. It has given me hope that I will have the lifestyle I want for my children and I. I am tired of complaining that I am not happy. I have decieded to move forward.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  08:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Channah! Don't you just love spring. Its time to clean out the old and bring on the new. No more putting things off. Like Michelle and her teachers test. Get out there and start taking a risk on your dreams. We are rooting and praying for you Michelle. Life is too short to not do what you love. Just make sure you come back and sit with us and share how life is going. Spring cleaning is more than getting dust bunnies from under the bed, it's cleaning out old habits and ideas and bringing in new ones. Wow that was long winded! What brought that on. Guess I have the spring fever. So girls share, what is spring bringing into your lives. We have tea and some coffee. Come share. We can't wait to hear.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  10:35:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porch!!!!! I am so ready to put on shorts, flip-flops, t-shirt, and play in the yard. How are all of y'all doing today? Michelle, hang in there. Your decision to move on will make you a happier person. I hope your days coming will be full of joy. Come visit often on the porch, the girls will make you laugh, hoot, cry, and often put things in perspective. Have a great day farmgirls.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  11:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Catherine, I hope you feel better soon!! I did that once with my hand but it didn't go in deep. it was just a cut.

Tammy, I am praying for you dear friend!! Maybe if we read more Jane Austen we will feel better.

Ebony is doing great today!! She is now walking and hoping after her mother! It is so cute!! What a sweetheart! It's so funny because at night I bring her in so she can sleep in the warm house ( it's been in the 20s here at night) and she sleeps in a little box. Well she won't sleep in that box but will sleep fine next to me on the couch ( I am sleeping on the couch at night so I can watch her and feed her). So we snuggle and both fall to sleep. She's so sweet and cute!!

That tea sounds wonderful! I think I shall have a cup and bring little Miss Ebony Jane over to say hello and meet you wonderful ladies!!
Have a wonderful and beautiful day!!

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  5:37:03 PM  Show Profile
I love baby goats!!

Sorry about you hand Catherine. Hope you heal well and quickly. Tammy, just remember, regardless the circumstance, God never changes, He is always faithful!

Marla, love what you said. Oh so true!!!!

Well, had the first of my physical therapy for my arm. It went well. I was afraid I would be hurting, but I actually feel better.
So, now it is time for a quick chat and cup of tea before getting dinner.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  5:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Maggie, I can't wait for you to bring Ebony and Sadie to the porch. I'll bring my camera. I'd be sleeping next to her, too. I say, spoil her rotten!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  6:27:20 PM  Show Profile
Maggie, it is great to know that Ebony and her mama are doing great. God gives us incredible things, and sometimes, we don't even know it! Hope everyone else is doing well!
God's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  6:47:32 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
I brought chocolate chip cookies and strawberry tea. Thank you sweet ladies for your thoughts and prayers. I have a much better outlook today. It was a new day and the sun was out and I began to smile. I will be so glad for spring. Channah, so loving hearing about your sweet animals. Julia glad your therapy went well and Catherine I hope you feel better soon. So sorry for your pain.

God's blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page