Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  6:52:04 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies,
you gals with a temp of 33 are having a heat wave compared to my neck of the woods. We are a whopping 10 degrees and tomorrow morning is supposed to feel like -21 degrees. Yikes!!!!!!!

So I am keeping my teapot hot and ready. It is going to be a lots of tea weekend.

Peggy I will try to post some new pictures of Jax. The little stinker runs so fast before I get the picture. Today when I got home he had all of my shoes out, the rugs from the bathroom, and his brush. I had to giggle at his little expression. He was like am I in trouble? Good gracious me that pup is just too funny!

The little butterflies are doing well. I have one this week who about did me in. He is such a smartie but just doesn't want to do the work if takes more than 5 minutes or isn't fun. So I am trying to get his wings in order. Had to clip them a bit this week. He was most displeased with this, but I told him it was for his own good. WE shall see.

Ruthie, I have been praying dear one. So sorry about your pain but hoping the dr will be able to pinpoint what it is and get you back to your wonderful self.

well ladies the teapot is whistling and my book is calling. Yall stay warm now.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  05:50:26 AM  Show Profile
Hello gals,
I have been here on and off, more off than on lately. I amgoing to try to post more often, seems that by the time I read all the forums, I am beat!!!!! Lots going on with all of you gals. I do enjoy reading all about all of you. There are so many chatters. I may not be able to respond to all of you, but will give it a try. I am soon to be 61 years old, and do feel it most of the time.I have a bone desease called AVN that makes my bones crumble. I have had both hips replaced and my right shoulder. My last surgery was 3 years ago, and am trying to stay strong by exercising as much as possible and keeping active. Last year was the first time I could plant a garden in over 20 years, and I was in my glory!!! I have COPD and use O2 at night, was told I need a double lung transplant and given 5-10 years to live without it. It has been 6 years now, and I am not ready to give up yet. I work on Fridays for my son who owns a resale shop, so I get alot of goodies in return for wages. Tryint to get some stuff on my Etsy store, but so tired by time I get going. I knit, crochet, embroider, craft, garden love cooking and baking. I have a spinning wheel and am hoping to learn to spin very soon. Well, this is pretty long, so will let it be at this for now. Am so looking forward to chatting with all of you on the porch. Thank you all for being my friends!!!
Jan ( I think there are 2 Jans on here now)

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  09:09:10 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you ladies in pain and ill.
Megan, glad your 16 B day was a good one. That is one you will always remember.
Working on finally figuring out how to use my camera properly. That is a real laugh as I have had the thing for about 10 years. I never really had a reason to sit down and find out how to use it before. But since I want to sell stuff and am planning to do an on line store, I had to get to work.
The snow was so deep up here that some of the fuel oil delivery trucks got stuck and they are way behind on deliveries. Found out yesterday that they could not get to me until late next week. That was not going to work, not sufficient fuel. I had to dig out the old fuel oil pump that my DH used to use to pump the fuel in by hand when we had to haul it ourselves. So my house mate and I pumped in 50 gallons, that will keep us for a while. Poor old pump really needs an overhaul if I have to use it much. Ah well. The spring I gotta list is growing by leaps and bounds.
On the gardening front I found out about a grape vine developed in Canada is good to -50. I want one! Only problem is how to keep the moose from destroying it. I also found out that there is a Russian kiwi developed from a wild strain that is smooth skinned and good to -30. Another one I want! Anyone in the 4b or so zones, if you have bought Denali Seed Co., seeds for cold country, they are not going to sell wholesale as of the first of this year. You can still buy direct from their web site however. I will be putting my order together next month.
Later ladies. God Bless.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  11:45:38 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back to The Porch Jan. Yes, we have two Jans on here now...so you will have to go by Janet
so we can tell you apart. Hee Hee Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. That really helps us get
to know you faster. I personally love that! I can't imagine living with your disease but then again
other people can't imagine living with mine. You just learn to make the best of it don't you?

Cherime...so glad to see you on the Porch Girl. That is cool that you found some good Minus Degree
Fruits that you can plant. That is awesome. Can you build some kind of wire fencing around the Grape
Vine...so The Moose can't get to it? I know they are big suckers and can probably go over and trample
most anything. You always seem to have a Big "Got to" list. I think you thrive on that girlfriend! That's what makes you a tough Alaskan
Woman! LOL

Wanting to know if we have any other February Birthdays besides Ruth Ann???? Her Birthday is Feb 18th for those of you who would like to send her a card. Ruth we need your address too. Megan is putting together a list for us...but until she has it finished lets just ask outright who has Feb and March
birthdays.??????

It's a sorta yucky day out today. Blah blah blah...but I am happy in my heart so it doesn't matter.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 11 2012 11:52:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  12:09:21 PM  Show Profile
O.K., I will go by Janet, so you will all know who is who!!! LOL!!!
It has been cold here too, down to 6 degrees, only 17 right now, but alot colder with the wind chill. More later,
Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  12:10:54 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, thanks for wise words about work. Did I say why i'm still there? I don't always say, cuz it sounds sort of silly to say out loud, but God is keeping me there, because he's teaching and healing me, and supposedly I'm also doing good by being there. sigh. I'm learning a lot, too. Like brooding and ruminating and rehearsing things only adds to the undergroud anger, and then it will pop out, which is what happened. And there are better ways to handle problems. Tho the doc has been very polite to me and I think to everybody else since. Boy, do I pray a lot.

And thanks for all the prayers yesterday. It went pretty well on the whole.

Oh, and I do those field of vision tests, Peggy, the short and the long versions. It can be hard to keep your eyes still for so long and pay attention to those lights, esp. if your eyes water. My sympathy.

Adorable goat pics, thanks for shareing!

Ruthie, it's the same thing as taking your car to the mechanic, and that funny noise goes away.

Janet, welcome. You're so brave! Praying for you.

Praying for everbody, in fact.

Nan
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  2:27:59 PM  Show Profile
I got up to lots of snow this morning and 26. I shoveled and it's about 8 inches deep, but fluffy. We are under a winter snow advisory until 9PM. Poor Hubby has to drive in it coming home in a couple of hours. He drives 45 minutes one-way. Gonna be a lot longer tonight. He works in the snow-belt.I can't get warm today myself.Need more tea! :)
Doing laundry, gotta get back to it. Jusy wanted to say "Howdy!"

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  9:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
Hello ladies,

sorry ive not been on in a wial, i was out of town for an week them my parents come in to see me for a week. an now i dilling with our landlord. we started renting this house were in the begining of dec,the week i was out of town i come back an there is a sticking for sell sign in the yard. she didn't inform us that she was selling. the next day i seen her, she was all casual like nuthing was gowing on.Our less is until may. She asked me if we were looking for something else cause if not we should consiter bying it. Im so Confused I just dont understand Y she could have just told us she was thinging about it. so if you would just say a prayer for us that we find a house that is convenient for us.

On a better note ive finished my scarf its cute ill get a pic soon.

Do any of you ladies hunt. I no there are some that dont agree with it but i enjoy it. The Hubbie got me a Compound bow for christmas, I went to pick it up today. im super exited about it. i just wish it was warm enough to shoot it outside. It suppost to snow sunday eve till monday afternoon were suppost to get about 3~4 inch will see. then its suppost to be in the 50s the rest of the week, I dont no what to thing bout the weather anymore.

Im still grieving a dog, she passed in nov, her name was lacie, she was a bison. i had her for 12 years.

I was wanding it the tea has been send out yet. so i can watch for it. my mailbox get wet inside so i dont want it to get ruind before i even get to try it.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  12:20:54 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I hope your hubby made it home okay!

Whitney, the bow sounds gorgeous. I have no problem with hunting, but the Mister is a vegetarian so....

It's warmer than I expected today, and sunny. I would rather be taking a refreshing walk, but I'm stuck at work taking inventory. Ugh!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  1:24:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Hubby said the roads were terrible last night. it took him an extra half hour to get home. He came down with a cold day before yesterday and is really miserable, so now he can rest up for 4 days. I hope it's gone by Thursday when he goes back to work. It should be, but you never know about these things.
No, Whittney, I haven't mailed the tea out yet, probably not until the end of the week. I'll let you know when.
I got up to more snow this morning...and in the upper teens. It's 4:30 now and only 25....and windy!brrrrrrr
Time for tea! ;-P

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  4:49:19 PM  Show Profile
And everyone said, "AWWWWWWWWWW"

The baby rabbits are starting to get cute too. Maybe a picture will upload now that they won't break the computer with their ewww factor!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:07:45 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, very cute goats!!! I always wanted goats, but not allowed in town here. I get to see them at the state fair in August!!!
Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:58:23 PM  Show Profile
Whitney, that is so weird about your landlady. COuld you buy the house? And that is impressive about your compound bow. I think people who can bow hunt are amazing. Takes a lot of skill. I'm sorry about you losing your dog in November. that is so hard.

Kimberly, they're too adorable.

I went to a memorial service for one of my vets. He died of cancer last week, age about 62 or so. It was a great service. One of the scriptures was Gen. 1:20-25, where God is making all the critters in the ocean and then on the land. We're a port town, with a large aquarium and a marine science center, and this vet and the others in his clinic treat water creatures. We had Keiko the killer whale here, the movie star, and STeve treated Keiko. At the service we also sang All Creatures Great and Small. He chose all this stuff too. It was all so appropriate for him. Gosh I hate it that he died.

Pooped, now. Going to bed early.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  09:43:46 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies. Wow, it was a busy weekend. We finally had a good snow fall Friday night/ Saturday morning. It was so pretty - great big puffy white flakes. The man went and bought his handgun without me Friday. I was a bit put out but understand he was psyched to get it. Considering the road conditions Saturday morning it was probably for the best. Since he had to take a 1/2 day off Friday for the gun board, he worked Saturday morning to make up the hours. I basically stayed home and cleaned LOL I don't like driving in that white stuff. Saturday night we went out for my early Valentine's dinner before we sent to see the Gaelic Storm concert. It was awesome. Not quite as good an atmosphere as the pub but much more comfortable seating. It was a very enjoyable night.

Sunday we went to the Camper & RV show. What fun. I love to go and dream. This was our 3rd year going. THe first year was just looking in amazement at the advances. Last year we looked and dreamed what we'd buy if we won the lottery LOL. This year was about reality - what could we afford, what size and floorplans would work, etc. When we got down to it we only found 2 of over 200 vehicles that we would consider if we had something to pull it with and the money to purchase one. The Airstream prices floored us. We could buy a motorhome for what they wanted for their small Bambi trailer ($56,000+). I can't remember the brand of the first one but it was about $8000 and then there was a similiar Gray Wolf one which was a bit more upscale with a slide for $16,000. It was a fun couple hours and some good exercise.

Kimberly - those babies are too cute!

Peggy - any word yet on how those tests came out on your eyes?

Need to get back to work. The man is taking me to the shooting range with him so he can shoot his new baby LOL We'll see how much time I actually get. Take care.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  11:10:12 AM  Show Profile
Good morning

Peggy Those eye tests sound aweful. I don't blame you for not wanting to do them again.

Kimberly thanks for the pics. Celetia is a cute goat. I am glad she is doing better.

Ruth Ann I hope this Dr. works for you. Tests are the pits but maybe they will help figure out what is wrong and fix it!

Janet glad you stopped back by the porch. Grab you knitting and sit a spell. That way we get to know you.

whittney Landlords acan be good or bad. Sounds like yours is trying to presure you into buying the place. Praying for you.
My Dh hunts but I don't. I have always wanted to learn to shoot a bow though. There are several bow clubs in our area and the hols shoots. On the "to do" list. Boy is that list getting long.

Kimberly they are all so cute. Makes me want one. But alas, like Janet I live in town and can not have a goat. :(

I suvived the weekend! Ok it was not that bad. I like to cook. The teens are always fun and most of them are polite and clean up after themselves, so it is not to bad. The very little sleep and being on my feet for about 12 hours straight about did me in though. When I got home I took a really hot shower and my DH rubbed me with warm oil. It was wonderful. I almost felt human again. LOL. Sunday was a beautiful spring day. It hit 50+ degrees then this morning it decided to remind us it is still winter, 20 degrees.
I have decided that you all can keep your snow. I am ready for spring! The DH and I were out helping some friends prune there fruit trees. Talk about blind leading the blind. They kept asking me questions and I know very little about pruning fruit trees. Not to metion that these trees have not been pruned in a few years! They just bought the place last spring, so they are trying ths year to get things in order.

My DH and I are looking into a farm coop of sorts. Our friends have land and need help neither of them is in top physical shape. Ok neither are my DH and I, but we are still moble 90% of the time. DH and I have the man power and know how, they have the land. We may be bringing in another fmily with kid power and know how. Anyway DH and I are thinking about it. Please pray for Gods leading in this.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  12:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Whittney, I don't personally hunt but I'm all for it. If you can hunt with a bow you are GOOD. Where I come from most everyone hunts and I was raised on moose meat. I also love elk, deer, mountain sheep, goose, pheasant, buffalo... yeah the list is long. I've had bear but I can't say I really like it. My Daddy has hunted his whole life but he's not the buy fancy gear and make a big deal out of it hunter, he's farmboy hunter, "My family needs meat so I take my rifle and shoot food." My husband grew up where there was no hunting but now that we live where there is he wants to hunt. Everytime the geese fly overhead my children get excited because they want to hunt them so mommy will make more goose jerky!!! So No Worries about offending me because you like to hunt!!!! :D

Janet, I'm hooked on goats. Never thought I would be because I'm a horse woman but they weaseled their way into my heart and they are there to stay!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  12:46:36 PM  Show Profile
awwwwww....such cute goaties! LOL I grew up with goats and wish I could have one here, but like the rest of you...I'm not allowed either. :(
Still waiting to see if that snow-storm is going to hit us or go around. Doesn't matter since DH is off for a few days and still getting over that cold of his.We were going to go out to dinner tomorrow night, but if he's still hacking up hairballs....we ain't going!!! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  1:15:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...
Nan...your reason for staying at work does sound like a God thing. He does have life lessons and spiritual lessons to learn in every circumstance.
As far as the field vision test...I don't know if mine was long or short (about 6 minutes on each eye) seemed like an eternity. lol

Wow Judy...you got Snow girl!!!! We are having warm weather with misty rain. Just enough to
flare the Fibro. Kind of cloudy and gloomie. I should just go curl up with a good book and forget about everything else. My body is voting for that idea!!!

Whittney...that is terrible about you moving into that house and then she decides she wants to sell it. Even in rentals they should be forced by law to disclose that kind of information. We rented a beautiful Condo about 6 years ago. The man had been transfered in his job and he had just up-graded the Condo to top of the line everything in the kitchen and bathrooms. We were so enjoying living there and then bam 9 months later...his sister needs a place to live so we were booted out. Had one month to pack and find a house. I was NOT a happy camper. So, I understand your delimna. Not fun or fair.

Kimberly...the goats are so adorable! I don't know if I would want to have one...but really like looking at yours! I love all kinds of animals but am allergic to many of them. Such a bummer.

RFM Tammy...I go to the Opthamolgist tomorrow to get my eye test results. Hope they came out ok because I don't plan to go back for another year one way or the other. Too strenuos on the ol' eye balls.

The camper and RV show sounded like fun. With gas prices going back up I don't know how any one can afford those big things these days.

Dianne...sounds like your weather was like ours over Fri. And Sat. We didn't even have to wear jackets outside just long sleeved shirts were enough. My Heather is flowering, my Rhodies all have huge buds, my crocus is up and I know that in just a few months this yard is going to look gorgeous. It is a Total Spring Yard. Doesn't look too impressive the rest of the seasons. Who ever planted this yard originally must have just loved Spring the most. I plan to brighten it up with annuals and big flower baskets on the fence. Since I am renting I am somewhat limited to what I can do...but I love flowers all year long...so I have to do something that is for sure.

Ok, my lovelies...I have done two loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and cleaned an office chair that my husband bought for $5.00. It had a few stains on it...so decided to but an the gloves and get the big guns (upholstery cleaner) out. It looks pretty good...I think he will be pleased. Now, I think I better do atleast one of my two lessons for Thursday Bible Study. More later...

hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 13 2012 1:22:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann, 6 minutes per eye is pretty average. Some people's tests take up to 10 mins per eye, and the doc doesn't know why. I just learned to give the tests, and I don't know either. And it depends on how in depth the test is, how many questions are asked, as it were, by those flashing lights. I like doing it myself, but I don't have any major eye prolems, either.

I hae some crocuses up, and one daff, and some tulip leaves are coming . I may not have a lot of daffs this spring, which is irritating because I planted 100 a year ago fall. BUt I have gophers or moles now, and the brats may have eaten the bulbs. But OTOH, they do turn up the dirt underneath, and it needs it. Except the dirt underneath the top dirt is sand. And the top dirt is pretty crummy, too. But it is great to see the bulbs starting. It's been in the 40s and 50s lately, and a bit of rain. I love it. But it's only February and we were having huge storms and very cold days and nights right through May last year. OK, so very cold was freezing at night, and in the 40s in the daytime.

re work, It was better. I'm not rebelling anymore, and I'm asking God for help as I go through the day. Duh. and I get it. The doc might go to computers for some things, which will be a huge huge blessing for us. But in the meantime, i am working on my attitude, which is pride.

I went swimming after work tonight. I'm really tird, because it's been a couple of months. but I realized that it is a piece of my life, and I want all the bits of my life back. So I did it. And I'll keep on doing it.

My little cat is draped across my wrists and hands as I type, and I have to stop. If I won't come to bed, then she does this.

God bless us every one.
Go to Top of Page

sue5901
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Sue
Wellingborough
United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  02:50:15 AM  Show Profile
I've had a few connection problems so not been on for a couple of weeks and I've missed so much.

Such cute goats....I've always loved goats they look so peaceful.

We had perfect snow last weekend. 4 inches came down Saturday night so we could get up on Sunday and have a wonderful day sledging building snowmen etc and then it warmed up Sunday night so by Monday when everyone had to go to work it had all gone - perfect!!

My live is for a change as I got a new job I had applied for and its only 4 days a week - I'm so happy to think of an extra day off every week. I've got a couple of weeks before I start so will be able to enjoy some time off as well.

Hope everyone's having a good day

Dance like nobody's watching!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  08:07:35 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to stop and wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day!!!!! Today I'm off to get the first of 3 tests. Taking hubby to PT and out for lunch. It's going to be a busy day. Will check in later.
HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL!!!!!!!!!
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  09:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I just wanted to stop by and say happy Valentine's Day to all of you...hope you all have a wonderful day. I am making homemade spaghetti sauce from tomatoes I put up this summer, using deer meat from the deer gotten off our property and my first attempt at homemade pasta...also homemade bread...I hope everyone has a great day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  10:41:30 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day everybody. I hope it is lovely and full of chocolate. The sun is out here on the Oregon Coast, and I got to watch a bare tree full of water drops sparkle like those tiny white Xmas lights, only better. I have my singing class today, and then tonight a sort of beginnng music theory class.

In the middle, I'm coiming home to cook something, and roasting a chicken for dinner. gravy.

love and hugs to all, and lots of prayers, too.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  12:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm finally back home (to my own home!) and I can finally catch up again! I feel like I've been gone for way too long! There is a lot to catch up on here! I'm not even going to attempt to comment on everything, except to say "welcome" to the new ladies, cute pictures & stories, and I missed "the porch" & all you ladies!

Surgery went fine, I'm doing alright - although I can't say I'm a huge fan of the T3 side effects...but I'm alive & well & not in too much pain. Peggy - I have to say that I'm really hoping my tonsils never come back! And if they do, they can stay there! I don't want that pain again! They were my "original" tonsils - apparently some of the largest the dr/surgeon had ever seen (he even told me on Monday afternoon "congratulations, you have the largest tonsils in the hospital"!). They only really started giving me trouble when I started working in daycare (ear infections, throat infections, sinus infections...). The cold stuff, although suggested by lots of people and even "recommended" by the hospital! - was for sure written by people who haven't had their tonsils out lol! I was still on pain meds Monday night & so the nurse gave me a t3, along with some water (I'd had the water all afternoon/evening/night) that still had ice cubes in it, and oh my word. It hurt like you wouldn't believe - both myself & the lady in the bed next to me were crying b/c it hurt so bad to get the water down! Room temperature/body temperature/warm stuff was our friend, not the cold! Thankfully it's getting better now, and I can drink some cooler things. Still like my tea, though.

Resting myself up so I can go to work (hopefully only half days) on Thurs/Fri. I need to make an appointment for the dr either tomorrow or one of the afternoons I'm off. Nice to be back :).

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  1:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Pam, glad to have you back with us. I can't imagine what it is like to get tonsils out at this age. Not my way of going on a diet!! LOL!!!
Today I made heart sugar cookies with white frosting and sprinkles, and handmade peanutbutter chocolates, alot better than Reese's peanut butter cups, that's for sure. Now I am making ham dinner for hubbyand I. We went out for chicken dinner on Saturday, knowing today would be busy, so we will have a cozy meal at home tonight.
I will leave cookies and chocolates on the porch.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page