Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  2:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, my heart aches for you and your family.

Welcome to all the newbies. The Porch is a wonderful place. We look forward to getting to know you.

So my baby goat is still alive although we had another close call. Looks like I've got a bottle baby. I prefer to have their momma's raise them but I also prefer that they live so we'll have a go at it. At the moment she's our house goat as I have no desire to crawl out to the goat barn at all hours half asleep to bottle feed her. She lives in my laundry basket. I'll be bleaching that sucker. I'm cleaning up a lot of urine and poops and washing the towels I give her for bedding. She may be in my house but I don't want my house smelling like it!!! I think she's decided I'm her momma now as she snuggles up to me and head butts me playfully. She wags her tail like crazy when I scratch her back/butt. Cute little nuggin. Once her feedings aren't as often I'll move her out to the goat barn and then make my trips out there.

Well I'm sleep deprived so I'm going to go do something that doesn't take much brain power. Hugs to all.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  6:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, chicken&dumplings, yumyum! Thank you!
I almost forgot...Happy Birthday to 'Lil Ms.Megan if she gets on here!
She should be around 17 by now, isn't she Peg?
We had real fine snow all day today to a total of maybe 2 inches. Too fine to pile up. haha
Well, off to watch some TV!
Night Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  6:46:53 PM  Show Profile
Howdy sweet things,
How are you? Good I hope. I just thought I would stop by with some chocolate chip scones and a pot of chocolate tea from Harney and Sons? It seems to help me with my chocolate fix lately.

Happy birthday Megan. HOpe it has been a wonderful day for you.

Welcome to all the new sisters here on the porch.

It has been a busy week here in my neck of the woods. Hubby has been gone nearly every night with something for his school, wrestling, or just meetings galore. it has been busy at my school too. This weekend we have our basketball tournament so I will be takig tickets for few hours on Saturday.

Jax my little Shi Shu is onry as ever. that little stinker can get into all kinds of things. I have to shut off some of the rooms or he is digging for treasure. Just cracks me up! Right now he is checking out one of the boys school bags. All you see is his tail.

Well the tea kettle just sang its song so I am off for some tea and reading.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  7:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Evening everybody! There's been a big drop in temperature here that started yesterday afternoon. With temps earlier this week reaching close to 50', 32' is pretty chilly although it's more then normal for this time of year. Coughing has been really bad again today and I ended up taking a nap before supper. Hopefully this will resolve soon.

We've been having problems with my female border collie, Lacey, getting onto the kitchen table and counters after food. The man bought a wood baby gate that he was sure was the answer. I tried to tell him it wouldn't work (from experience) but him being the stubborn Taurus he is he had to have it proven. Even though we have the gate up about a foot off the floor so the cats can get to their litter boxes she's still jumping it. She's been limping from doing it because it's quite a jump. She's jumped it the past 3 days straight. I'm about to wring her neck. The man's furious and now wants to put up saloon style doors on the entrance to the kitchen with a lock claiming he's sure that will keep her out. Not only will it look hidious but I'm thinking she'll somehow manage to get through it. I keep saying I'll crate her but he thinks its too cruel. I say it's cruel to be mean to her for something she can't help when we can crate her and absolutely prevent it from happening. Despite his protest I'm picking up a crate I found on Craigslist tomorrow. I'll pick up a nice comfy pad for the bottom of it and toys for her to chew on when she's in it. It will keep her from breaking things, eating stuff she's not supposed to, and prevent the nasty episodes of diarrhea. Doesn't a crate seem a better way to go then to put up saloon doors or am I wrong?

Dianne - Sorry about Darby. It's always heartbreaking to lose a pet but even worse when it's so traumatic. How's your daughter doing now? Are you going to have a funeral or anything for Darby? I always found my kids when they were younger did better if we had a funeral so they could say goodbye. Now we cremate and keep the ashes in urns.

Bunny - you might be able to answer this question. What do I need to do to start a new soapmaking/craft business so I can order supplies wholesale? I'm clueless on what it takes to start up a homebased business. How's this semester going?

Well off to bed with me.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  9:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I like the crate idea. I've read they like it as it's kind of like their own little cave. Funny thing about my dog...I keep the rabbits in the laundry room and when it's cold I let the dog stay in the laundry room. Outside he's all "yap yap yap" at the rabbits like he's some big time guard dog/shepherd. Inside I'll set his bed furthest away from the rabbits and he knows he's to stay on that bed and not run around. Well, he'll drag his bed right next to those rabbit cages and I've caught all of them sniffing noses through the cages and acting like best friends. I tell him he is a big faker for trying to chase them around. Now the cat...she's been given 20 lives. She loves me to death. I've even run over her...a little bit...once. She's completely o.k. but doesn't nap under cars anymore.

Well, I wanted to get a pic of the carrots posted but ran out of time today. I went to the bee association meeting. They did the drawing for the bee hive and I didn't win. Oh well, I will just have to build up my stuff slowly. There is a lady there that does cut outs of bees. This is when you have someone come over and remove bees from inside the walls of your house, etc. She does mentoring and will take people along with her to learn. It's also a source of free bees.

I got an order yesterday for 4 baby hats. That'll keep me busy for a few weeks. DD has started a croupy cough the past few nights so she might be getting something more than allergies. Have 2 other daughters possibly coming up this weekend. Busy busy busy. Hope you girls have a good night!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  10:00:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm still grieving Pepper Jean, too, so I can relate to everyone's furry baby stories :( She would follow me to the bathroom if I was taking a bath and stare at me. Newcomb does the same thing, and last night, Josh ran me a bubble bath (good man!) and as I was soaking, I saw Newcomb come in and sit. At one point, I swear I saw a cat run out of the room. I asked if Newcomb had left the bathroom, Josh peeked in and said "no, he's still there!". It wasn't Penny (the dog) because I'd have heard her nails on the floor as she trotted away. I almost think it might have been Pepper Jean, just checking in on Momma again.

The new baby, Newcomb, decided he wants to play fetch like the dog, last night. Josh and I were tossing one of Penny's toys, and suddenly, we hear "jingle jingle jingle". Out of nowhere, Newcomb came, dragging his big long feather duster looking toy by the feathers. And I do mean long! It's a good three feet from the end of the stick to the feathers, PLUS there's two peacock feathers on it! He carries it by the feather end, with the stick dragging between his legs (which is even funnier because it makes him waddle). SO I picked it up and lightly threw it, sort of like a javelin, to the other side of the room, behind our couch. I went back to what I was doing.... *jingle, jingle, jingle* *plunk* Newcomb brought it back. He did this three or four times before getting bored and distracted by something else.

Well, as I said, I still didn't get to frame Josh's pictures because he was off yesterday. He cooked the steaks he bought for dinner and drew me a bubble bath. I have such a good man! He said since I usually do all the cooking and house work, he felt like he should spoil me and cook for me.

I'm hoping today I can grab a couple of things at the store and still get home and do dishes and cook in time to finally get those danged pictures framed! I'm also planning on making his card because HOLY COW they are outrageous this year! AND I have only even found one or two that I remotely like! Not to mention, I am really getting into the whole make it/do it yourself thing.

Josh still has not proposed, but he says it's good for me to go ahead and start planning the wedding. I think he thinks he'll be ready soon, I'm being cynical (shame on me) and worrying he'll keep waiting. Anyway, I pretty much have my wedding planned. I will make my own dress, and I am either making or "borrowing" half the decorations. I'm going to start a blog about it called "The Bricolage Wedding". I've gotten into steampunk culture since I started writing my book, and bits and pieces of machines and gears and locks and things are a very big part of that. SO, I'm using a lot of old skeleton keys, brass findings, gears, thingymabobbers, whos-its, whats-its, doo-hickeys and other such gobbledeegook. I even decided to make my own cake topper... and the MAIN theme will be "You hold the key to my heart as I hold the key to yours, for today our hearts are one". I've even got my mother into the act, finding old victorian and turn of the century gadgets and gizmos around her house (trust me, between stuff our family collected and stuff her mother collected, I could possibly do TWO weddings). I even saw one wedding where they used an old typewriter and wound silk flowers lightly into it! I still happen to have the old Remington Rand typewriter my mother bought me about 20 years ago and, aside from some surface dust, it is INCREDIBLE shape.

Once I get the blog active, I'll share the link with you all. It's been so much fun and, though he says he's still a little scared, I think Josh is getting into it, too.

Well, I'm sure I could be doing something productive here. Yesterday was SO quiet and boring... ugh. Today... today, I might need to borrow Josh's punching bag for stress relief HAHA!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  11:09:59 AM  Show Profile

Wow, was I suprised when this arrived at my office today. We have a married couple that's transferring and they had this delivered to the office for me as a thank you gift for the past 5+ years we've all been here together. Made me tear up LOL Sometimes it's the little things in life that make the hard things seem not so hard.

Just wanted to share.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  11:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy, oh, the chocolate tea from Harney & Sons sounds wonderful! I love that tea co, one of my favorites. I am going to have to order some of it.
Peg, love your doggie pics. Thanks for sharing.
Tammy, what a nice surprise, it looks yummy.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  11:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately, school just got a little busy (too busy for my liking!). In the time I was MIA, I turned 16, and I had a great birthday. I went ice skating with my best friend, and then my parents took me, my boyfriend, and my best friend out to dinner. I had a fabulous time! Otherwise, it was just life as usual. I hope everyone's been doing well, and I'll be back tomorrow! Also, I will type up the list of birthdays and addresses today and send them out. Have a great day!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  3:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Megan, a few of us wished you a Happy Birthday a page back....just in case you popped in. I thought you were 16 a couple of years ago??? hahaha You're too young to be pulling THAT trick. We, in our 50's might do that...liiiike...stay 49 for a few years...but , seriously....you are too young to be trying that!!! ROFL
Glad you had a nice celebration with family&friends! HAPPY SWEET 16 Sweetie!!!
I love those fruit arrangements. Looks Yummy RFMTammy!Lucky Girl!
Man o man my house smells wonderful. I have been cooking chicken in the crockpot all say. Gonna add veggies and make a pan of biscuits and DH will be thrilled when he gets home from work! I better get crackin'.
Later!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  4:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon everyone. told Peggy my fibro was fine and then I woke up today in so much pain. Had to go to school anyway, but not fun. it is really cold and foggy. I'm sure that is what is making it worse. On bad fibro days I have this intense pressure on my chest and feel terribly achy and cold all over. My hips and knees are really painful too. It seemed to lessen this afternoon. I had it when I went to the coast. By the time I got to Hood River, the pressure on my chest was gone. Funny how we are all affected differently.

Tammy, does your state charge sales tax? If so you will need to apply for a Resale Certificate from what ever government agency collects sales tax from businesses. You will need to file a fictitious name statement. The process can be different depending on your state. In California, it was with the county. I had to go to the county office, fill out the paper work and then go to the local newspaper and pay to have it posted for two weeks. Here in Oregon I only had to do it through a state website. It cost me $50.00 here and Oregon doesn't have sales tax. If you get a resale certificate (Michigan calls it a use tax licence) and file a fictitious name statement it may be the same as getting the use tax licence. California complicates everything. Your tax id number from the state will allow you to buy wholesale. The company may request a copy of your certificate from the state. But that's about it. You will have to be prepared to fill out a sales tax return for the state but if you sell mostly out of state, you won't be collecting sales tax much. Hope this helps.

Happy Birthday Megan, Sweet 16! Have fun, it goes by fast.

Tammy, Love the fruit arrangement. How cool is that?

Miranda, interesting about the ghost cat in the bathroom. I have felt cats and dogs that have passed, visited me for a while afterwards. It is very spooky but nice to think they are still looking in on us.

Well, I got a cool new book on tiny houses today. I'm going to get a nice cup of jasmine tea and curl up in bed with kitties and read my book. My dream is to be a bit of a gypsy with a cool wood house I can pull behind my truck and live where ever I want any time I want. I never want to be homeless again!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  6:47:26 PM  Show Profile
I could use some prayer for work tomorrow. It's getting weirder and weirder, and on Wednesday I yelled at the boss. WEll, I raised my voice and unloaded all the stuff I've been brooding over. sigh. I don't think I was supposed to do that. But he was very polite after that. at least to me. Anyway, I'm trying to obey God in this, and show up. But yelling really isn't part of the program. I can say things quietly and gently. Same things, just without the yelling part. And I'm not looking forward to it. So prayers. Clarity, wisdom and God's love for everybody.thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  7:46:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Porchies,
This is a update with me. I'm still experiencing a great deal of pain. Been going every night to chiropractor. Not sure if helping but am going to keep going. Had a massage on Monday and found that all my muscles in my left hip were all knotted. Worked some of the knots out. Tomorrow I see the pain management dr. Praying he can get me some relief. In the evening I get another massage.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN! Hope you have a great day!
Tammy-Thanks for the scones. Love scones.
Dianne-Sorry to hear about Darby. Thanking God your daughter is ok.
Bunny-Love your flower jar. Do you have a crochet pattern to make kitchen towels ? Praying that you get some releif from your pain.
Tammy-Your suprise looks yummy.
Peggy-Your doggie is so cute
Nan-Praying for you.

I'm praying for everyone here on the porch.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  9:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Sorry about your pain Ruthie Ann. I hope you find relief soon.

Nan, sometimes it takes a little yelling to get the right person's attention. If it's not something you normally do then I'm sure your boss will know you were rightfully upset. It's hard to season our words so they are appealing at all times.

Went to church tonight and DD was a real twit. Right when they were saying all the parents should be commended for the fine job they are doing of raising the children I look down and she's got her shoe off and about to chew on her toenail. I wanted to take my shoe off and whack her in the head. Kid! Are you trying to embarrass me in front of everyone or what? Lucky for her DH saw and scooped her up and said they needed to take a break outside. Well then she comes back inside bringing a roll of toilet tissue because her nose is running. (I'm too cheap to buy kleenex for the car so I have a roll of toilet paper.) Now I'm even more embarrassed because I know a proper lady has kleenex in her car but I'm not so much on the proper side all the time. I managed to hide that away. After church I told DH he had better not ever get us a seat in the front row again or I was going to have a nervous breakdown.

Tomorrow our oldest girl is supposed to come into town to shop with her friend and then both of them come spend the night at the house. Looking forward to seeing her.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  9:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Julie, thanks for that. Oh, gosh I wish I'd'a been there to see that at church, hee hee. I dunno about the proper lady thing. Tho I use handkerchiefs most of the time. My sister thinks it's gross. But OTOH, I told her we use kleenex and then put it in our pockets.

Ruthie, did you ever consider acupuncture? I have found that helpful inthe past. Also the chiro. And massage helped break up those knots, if that is the right expression. THe masseuse said that muscle get knotted and then sort of stuck there, and tissue forms or something that keeps them that way until they can be loosened up.

Thanks everybody. I'm praying for everybody too. Oh I love that picture. I hope it tasted as good as it looks. What nice peopls.
Oh, I was elected secretary of the board of directors for the InterChristian Outreach, an organization formed to be a resource and coordinate resources for the homeless. Lots more homeless families the last couple of years. We're looking for a building as a center. I did not plan on being the Secretary. Well, God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform. Boy howdy.
love to all
Nan
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  12:12:00 AM  Show Profile
well my porchies...everyone has been so chattie today! I love seeing that!

I had a difficult last couple of nights...sleep is all messed up and I am not sure why. And then I keep having to get up early for medical appointments which doesn't help...because I don't like to get up before 8:30. Mercy Me!

Megan....Happy belated birthday Sweet One! Glad to hear that it was a good one. Your 16th birthday should be special. When I turned 16 my best friend threw a surprise sleep-over birthday party for me. It was so great!

Bunny...so sorry about your Fibro! Just leave it to me to ask and jinx ya! lol

Ruthie...goodness girl you are really going through a bad bout with that Sciatica. I would volunteer to take some of those massages for you. LOL That sounds wonderful right about now. Continued prayers girl!

RSFM Tammy...Wow your fruit looks good enough to eat! Yummy! That was so kind of them to acknowledge your kindnesses and help by that gift. Don't you love it when someone thinks you do a great job? So, satisfying!

Julie...Oh goodness you had me LOL so hard with your Church Story and DD. I have a slew of Church Stories when my three boys were young. Oh, my goodness...I am sure that is why I got gray hair so young. I earned everyone of them just trying to keep those boys in line on a Church Pew. LOL

Teacher Tammy...we need some new pictures of Jax. I bet he is really growing. They can be so sweet and good one moment and so mischeivious the next. My Bella, if she wants to play and you are watching tv and knitting (as I do most evenings)...she will come drop her toy in my knitting bag. And tonight My DH popped his head into the Frig. to see if there was anything sweet in there to nibble on and Snickers (his dog) stuck his head in the frig too. I wish I would have grabbed my cell phone faster because it would have made a cute picture.

Nan...praying for you tomorrow. Also, sometimes a little louder voice is the only thing, some people seem to hear.
Sounds like you at least got his attention today. But I know how you feel when you do something so out of character for your self. Weird and like you really messed up. It will probably be fine. But it does sound like your work situation is very bazarre and tense at the moment. Praying extra hard for you.

OK, I have another Eye-Appointment in the morning...so better get to bed.

Sweet Slumbers Sassy Sisters,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  09:39:50 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

It was warmer today, 37 degrees but foggy.
It tryed to rain or snow or something yesterday but never quite got it done. Probably a good thing as most of us are ready for spring.

Bunny I have been keeping you and Peggy in my prayers. Constant pain can really bring a person down.
I know how you feel. I always hated writing papers on a subject someone else picked.

Peggy they are both adorable. I know my DD will get another dog when she is ready. They seem to find her. Thats how we got Brandy. As for me, I am waiting till we have moved out of town. I want another chow and they need space.

Kimberly that has got to be a cute sight. A little goat in a laundry basket. LOL I really need a picture of that. I know it is a lot of work now, but you will be glad when your baby is strong and health.

Tea Lady Tammy chocolate scones and chocolate tea. You are just what the Doc. ordered. LOL

Tammy I am sorry your dog is getting on the counter. I think a creat with a comfy bed and toys is the way to go. She needs to learn and maybe that would work.
my DD is better each day but sometimes I can still see tears in her eyes when something reminds her. We are going to bury her as soon as we figure out where.

Megan Happy 16th Birthday

Nan will do on the prayers. I have often prayed for wisdom at one job or another.

Ruth Ann I will keep you in my prayers. I hope the pain management thing works.

Julie I had to laugh. I think my kids would get together and plan who would embarras me in Church that week. LOL

Well the bell rang and we have anasymbly. Even if I don't have students this period I am supose to be there.

Say a prayer if you thinks about me this weekend. I will be cheif cook and bottle washer for a teen quiz meet. There will be about 120 teens plus adults. I get to start tonight with snacks and finish tomorrow with lunch. AHHHH

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  09:53:34 AM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann - wow, you're having a go of it. I hope the massages help. I might possibly suggest you might want to try another chiropractor. I'm not sure how attached you are to yours but this should have been remedied by now. The first time I went to a chiropractor was for sciatica and after going every day for a week I wasn't getting any relief. My friends kept telling me to try my present chiropractor and I'm so glad I did - massive relief after the first adjustment and gone after the second.

Kimberly - how is the baby goat doing? Pics?

Jan - I see you list corgi's. Welsh or Pembroke? I loved the corgi's in Tasha Tudor's drawings. We use to train with a couple people that had both varieties. Interesting dogs. No where near as neurotic as my border collies LOL

Bunny - of course Michigan charges sales tax LOL 6%. Wow, I didn't realize there was so much to it. Better get busy I guess. I might start selling on Etsy so at least I have some type of online ordering available.

Megan - Happy Belated Birthday! We need a list so we can send cards to everybody for their birthdays.

Julie - you could always have special hankerchief's for church that you keep in your purse or bag if you use one or a package of those travel size Kleenex (make your own using a ziplock LOL). I know I always carried a bag with books, snacks, small pack of wipes, etc. anything that might be needed. Having had 4 kids something ALWAYS happened so I believed in being prepared lol.

Well ladies I went and picked up the crate for Lacey last night. We decided to go out for pizza so I crated her to get her use to it again. Since we crated her we decided to leave the cat food down and put up the gate. WRONG thing to do - my male decided to jump the gate and eat the cat food. GRRRRR We both were positive his joint issues were bad enough he wouldn't attempt jumping the gate and we were proven wrong. Looks like I'll be trying to find another crate this weekend. Nutty dogs!

I'll try to stop in over the weekend. Tomorrow we're going handgun shopping. THe man went before the gun board and got his permit today so he's in the market. Tomorrow night we're going out for supper and then to see Gaelic Storm (celtic band) perform - it's an early Valentine's Day present to me. For those of you that saw the movie Titanic - Gaelic Storm was the band that was playing on the fantale (poor section). The movie rocketed them to fame. Sunday we are planning to go to the camper & rv show. I love to dream and see all the new innovations they have.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  10:53:31 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon Porchies. Got up to a gray sky,33. Spent yesterday afternoon with Mama since it was bright, sunny,36. She had made pinto beans and cornbread. I took some buttermilk and cream sticks. So...ya...some good "Grunting and Lip Smacking" going on over that trough!
hahahaha Then after DH got home last night we had a repeat over the "Home-Trough" because I put chicken in the crock-pot before I left for Moms, then when I got home(house smelled wonderful) I added veggies. Later I made a pan of biscuits to pour it all over. *groans at the memory* It was sooooo tasty! *oink-grunt* LOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  11:44:32 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies! Been a bit busier at my office today so I haven't been able to jump in.

Finally got Josh's Valentine's gifts framed and wrapped, but no card finished, yet :( I'm going to start it tonight. I have been studying Tim Holtz's scrapbooking and paper arts, and am "borrowing" an idea for his card.

I did start the blog the other day! I'm excited about the possibility of sharing my ideas with others. And, I'll accept advice, too, because Lord knows I need the help!

If you're curious the link is as follows: http://bricolagewedding.blogspot.com

Well, all, I am waiting for a fax and enjoying a quiet in the rush, so I am going to skip out for now. Hope you all have a great day!

Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  1:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi everybody,
almost 500 pages over here on the porch! good grief and I thought the over 50 forum was a yakky bunch. lol having fun catching up on a few pages. :)

Judy: boy, i bet those hot biscuits with jelly were great! love that chicken smell too while cooking...and to think i missed out on cornbread/beans with mama and you. thanks for sending us the nice Tea list. Can't wait to get some new tea in the mail. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Feb 10 2012 1:51:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  1:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
[quote]Originally posted by Lieberkim

Dianne, my heart aches for you and your family.

So my baby goat is still alive although we had another close call. Looks like I've got a bottle baby. I prefer to have their momma's raise them but I also prefer that they live so we'll have a go at it. At the moment she's our house goat as I have no desire to crawl out to the goat barn at all hours half asleep to bottle feed her. She lives in my laundry basket. I'll be bleaching that sucker. I'm cleaning up a lot of urine and poops and washing the towels I give her for bedding. She may be in my house but I don't want my house smelling like it!!! I think she's decided I'm her momma now as she snuggles up to me and head butts me playfully. She wags her tail like crazy when I scratch her back/butt. Cute little nuggin. Once her feedings aren't as often I'll move her out to the goat barn and then make my trips out there.

Well I'm sleep deprived so I'm going to go do something that doesn't take much brain power. Hugs to all.

I feel for you about having a baby goat in the house. when we raised goats on our farm years ago, i remember having 2 babies in the house and we sectioned off a corner of the kitchen and it was near a register and we put down newspaper to catch droppings and urine, so was pretty easy to clean since the floor was vinyl. couldn't wait to put them back in the barn. lol

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  2:15:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patsy...Welcome To The Porch and thanks for helping out on the Tea List. Yes, we are pretty
gabbie over here too. Come back often...and pull up a rocker and stay awhile.

Judy...yes, thanks for all your determination and hard work on The Tea-Bag Ladies tea list. We
so appreciate you doing that for us. It was so much fun last year...just seeing what all the
gals came up with to share.

Miss Miranda...loved your blog and I will be following it. I have been happily married now for 26
years...but my fascination with your Wedding is Your using the whole Steampunk genre theme for
your Special Day. Made me wonder if you had read the Laviathan Series of Books? I have only read the
first one but plan to read the rest. I really enjoyed it!

Dianne...I think that is great that your daughter lets her dogs pick her. That is very cool! Just the
right one will come along when she is ready.

Ruthie...hope The Massage helped last night. I think I would be at rock bottom with my patience level
if I had that to contend with for such a long period of time.

Well, the three new eye-test were torcher. I had a Field of Vision Test that was very strenuous on my
eyes. I don't think they will get a very good reading from that...my eyes kept watering and wandering
and blinking at all the wrong times. Gosh it was crazy. How hard can an eye-test really be? Then they
did an OTC test...measuring the back of my eye's and then a final test where they numbed my eyes and
took sliced readings of the back of my eyes. I am glad its over...it was all very uncomfortable and I
just pray it was enough to get the answers my Opthemologist was looking for because I don't want to do
it again for awhile.

My hubby took me out to lunch and then brought me home. It's nap time and I am more than ready!

Love ALL YOU WONDERFUL PORCHIES...you make my days brighter and happier!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  2:36:33 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, I like your saying "Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them." This reminds me of something my Daddy has been known to say, "Crow don't taste so bad"

I'm so sorry so many of you are suffering so much with pain. I wish with all my heart that I could ease it for you. I've found massage, chiro, accupuncture all good. I also really like my mom's infrared sauna. For those with fibro pain you might want to see if that will help you, it sure helps my mom. And I want one desperately because it eases the muscle pain in my back and helps with the protruding disc. I've got some infrared heaters and just sitting near them helps.

Most mornings the kids and I have a snuggle time before we get started with our busy morning. My son will be six years old later this month and as he was laying with his head on my chest snuggling in I was telling him about the first time he was placed on my chest as a newborn and the love that surged through me. Already my kids love to hear about "when I was little" (they are four and six!!!). So I was telling him about how he loved it when I sang to him. His favorite song was Rock of Ages. These times with my children are so precious. I hope someday they'll be precious memories for them too.

We're making the pinata for my son's birthday party today. Having great fun getting all mucky. Hope it works out.

If it worked; above is a picture of Princess Celestia in her laundry basket aka goat nursery. She's back out in the goat barn. Seems to be doing alright. She thinks I'm her momma for sure. I walk out there to bottle feed her and she'll be sleeping with the other babies. They all ignore me but all I have to do is say Celestia, and she comes running to snuggle with me. And she's pretty much mastered the bottle thing now. She's still tiny compared to the others but she started out 1/2 their size so I don't expect her to catch up any time soon. Just want her to get healthy and strong.

This was the second rescue. Gives you an idea of just how tiny she is. I didn't take pictures of the original rescue, I was to traumatized at seeing her the way she was. I was positive she was going to die. But thankfully she seems to be getting stronger.

Megan, Happy Sweet Sixteen! What a special birthday. I will never forget mine. My parents hired a friend to give us horse drawn sleigh ride. My youth group came to the party and I had the greatest time. I even got to drive the team, one of the first times I had ever done that. I hope your day was as special for you. We need these memories.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  3:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Porchies,
Hope everyone is well. This is how my day is going. I went to see the pain management dr. He changed my meds and order a mri. As well as emg. After having these tests I see him in 2 weeks and then we discuss a treatment plan. Funny thing that I got up in alot of pain. Had to take meds. Went to the dr . started to snow here and my pain is gone. So still trying to figure out what 's going on.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page