Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  2:27:21 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines My Porchies...I Love You All Dearly!

Hubby bought me the Cutest Sweatshirt It has a big Red Heart on it and it says
I Love Chocolate...and the man who buys it for me. I wore it to the Eye-Dr. today
and got lots of compliments on it. He also bought me the coolest frame to put
pictures of my Grand-daughters.

I bought him a Romantic Card and a box of Pecan/Chocolate Turtles (his favorite).

Now I am busy making a 25th Birthday gift for my darling DIL to be...it looks like a bubble-gum
machine but this one will hold her button collection and sit in her craftroom. Then I am
going to make one for myself. They are just adorable! CJ gave me the directions for it.

Pam...I knew those tonsils were going to be a problem. My oldest step-son had his removed as an
adult and he was not thrilled and said it was the most pain he had ever experienced to date.
Hope you will soon be off all the meds and feeling back to normal.

My Eye Dr. said that I have the faintest start of Glacoma. But they have caught it. So, no I will
be going for check-ups every 6 months. Yuck! But I am such an avid reader....I don't want to lose
my eye-sight. I don't even need the drops yet...so, it is all precautionary at this point. Which
I am glad she is on top of it for me.

I guess I should go get a much needed nap. Oh, girls...by the way, I found the coolest book today
at Barnes and Noble. It is 12 Love Stories about people who were on The Titanic. I read the first
Story about the Astors. She got off and he didn't survive but the story was awesome. Checked my
Kindle and can't get it on there. They only had one copy at the store, so I had them hold it for
me until my payday. I love True Love Stories like that.

OK...Off to take my nap!!!!! Hope you all have a delightful Valentine's Day!

YOU ALL MAKE MY HEART SING!!!!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  3:33:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone

Happy Valentines Day!

I am looking forward to this week being over and it is only Tuesday! It will be along week, with Parent / Teacher conferences. Then 4 days off! WOOHOO!! :)

Penny that dinner sounds wonderful. I love home made from scrath pasta.

My youngest DD and her boyfriend are making my DH and I a special dinner tonight. Can't wait to see what they come up with. LOL

Pam I am glad you are doing better. Shame on that nurse for giving you cold water. Ouch!

Yummmmm cookies and chocolate. My kind of valentine!

We may be headed to my son and dil that live in Arco ID. He is in N. Dakota working and she and the gkids are in Arco at their home. She is haveing car problems and we will head there as soon as Dh gets off work friday. Not the original plan for the weekend but, hey I am up for a road trip.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  4:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines!

Pam, I remember the pain of tonsils when I was a child, don't want to imagine it as an adult. Hope you feel better SOON.

I got a surprise for Valentines. I get a phone call from a lady in the office where my husband works saying there's a parcel for me. I get there and there are these children's valentines. One for each of the children and one for me with a poem telling me I'm going on a scavenger hunt. So we hop in the car and head to town. At each place the cards told me to go to I would find a gift and another card with a poem and directions to the next place. SO COOL. I ended up with some pasta and special sauce, wine, chocolates, and flowers. There were also balloons for the kids. So we had fun and everywhere I went people thought it was the coolest thing. Back home now and I've got the table set up with valentine goodies. I'm going to make filet mingnon and the pasta I got for supper. My husband is a foodie so sticking to fancy food is always a winner. The chocolates I got him say "Funky" which I thought was appropriate (our last name is Funk). The only downer to the day is that I have a cold and feel kind of crudy. But we still managed to get school done, have our adventure and look after all our animals so even if I'm not getting everything done I wanted to accomplish at least I got the important stuff done. :D Now I'm off to fire up the smoker and put the meat on. Gonna bring out my china for supper too. Kids love it when we use the fancy plates.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  4:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies. Just running through. Too many things to do. See you soon!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  5:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I can't say it's the worst pain I've ever experienced - I think that my worst pain ever was when I had freezing & stitches in my foot for removing plantar's warts. But the cold really intensified the pain & made it hurt way worse.

Talked to my Mom tonight & some family stuff she told me (as well as my sister telling me - a slightly different version) really ticked me off. All I have to say is that I'm glad I'm single, I live by myself & that I'm not as close to certain family members as others. It just really peeved me off. But anyhow. Not really my concern, so I can't get too upset about it. N(ot that I want to!)

Off to eat my supper of mashed potatoes, peas & beans.....yum! lol Happy Valentines to all of you :)

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  5:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day Sistas!!! Hope all of you did something fun, ate something devine, or went somewhere special!
We went out to eat. Earlier this morning DH gave me a dwarf,potted red rose bush,3 long-stemmed red roses, a small heart shaped cake,a card and a cute cat necklace! What a "Romantic" he is!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  6:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentines Day!!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  6:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Whittney, I hunt too so you aren't going to bother me at all...we hunt to feed ourselves just like we grow our garden to feed ourselves. Good for you for getting a bow...since I've gotten older I can't use one anymore so I shoot a rifle now...tonight we had deer in my homemade spaghetti sauce...it was yummy

Pam I am so glad surgery went well..you are in my prayers.

Dianne, it turned out great, tasted good...for my first time I'm happy

I know I didn't reply to everyone, but it doesn't mean I don't care...just wanted to jump on for a min...got to clean up after all the homemade stuff I made today...got a little mess...tomorrow going to post the pasta making on my blog....once again Happy Valentine's day to all of you

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Feb 18 2012 5:59:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:54:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Well, the all being list is done! I have it, and I will it to you through the MJF forum. I can continually update it, so anyone new feel free to email me!
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a great day:)
I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! It is one of my favorite days of the year. I had a nice surprise this morning when I walked up to my locker. My boyfriend sent a small flower arrangment with his twin sister (aka my best friend) and it was very sweet. But then we couldn't see each other today, and my Mom was working, so in order to be festive, I made red pancakes! I hope that everyone is doing well, and I'll be back tomorrow! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  06:49:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi all hope everyone had a great day.
It is 31 above here and sort of melting then sort of freezing. Ice skating to work anyone???
Have a wonderful day. I am off and about.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  10:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone

Kimberly thats sounds like sounds like a lot of fun. I love stuff like that on holidays.

Cherime that is kind of what I woke up to. The ice skating part anyway. It has been so warm, more like spring. Last night we got hit with rain, wind, snow, and then it froze. This morning was an interesting drive or slide into work. I guess winter wanted to remind us it is still here.

I will try and download the pictures of my car. My to DDs Heart Atacked it.

Have a great day

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  1:52:49 PM  Show Profile
Dianne - That's so cool!

Glad everybody seems to have had a good Valentine's day. As I mentioned I got my present Saturday (Gaelic Storm concert). Since the man has been interested in blacksmithing and the book I bought him for Christmas went over so well I decided to go with the same theme and purchased a gift certificate for him for 4 hours of private blacksmithing training. I think I can safely say it was a hit. I couldn't believe that I found a forge about 15 minutes from where we live. The master blacksmith that he'll be training with also works at Henry Ford Greenfield Village which really impressed the man.

When I arrived at work this morning and turned on the computer I discovered my keyboard was fried. Uggg. No computer for the whole 6 hours I was there. Thankfully I had my knitting and a couple books with me in my tote. I hate wasted days like this. About 1 I received a phone call telling me they were sending somebody to get me a new keyboard LOL Apparentyly my not being able to work caught up and was backing everybody else up. Guess it was a lesson for them in how much I do in a day :O) Unfortunately it doesn't equate to job security.

I've decided the only way I'm going to move myself along is to do a job change. I've been considering going back to school for either bookkeeping or massage therapy. My thought on massage therapy is that I could continue to work my current job so I can keep my benefits while I work on building my clientele. The other consideration is going back and getting an associate degree in bookkeeping. Bookkeeping's down side is that it's at a computer and I'd like a job where I could move around. At 46 I don't see going back to school for nursing as feasible for the years I'd be able to work versus the debt of college for it. I have an appointment tomorrow with the massage therapy school.

I had a nice surprise today. I've mentioned that I've been getting rid of books on paperbackbookswap.com and getting some new ones. I've heard several of you recommend Gladys Taber here and found several of her books so I ordered Harvest of Yesterdays. I just received it in the mail today and it's a signed copy!!!! I also was able to get Conversations with Amber which I just started.

Okay, I'm off to read a bit before the man gets home. He's taking me out for dinner (middle eastern) tonight. I'm dreaming of yummy food :O) I'll leave some hummus and their salsa on the porch for everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  5:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- That eye test sounds absolutely awful!

Kimberly- I love those goats! How cute. Can't wait to see the rabbits.

Dianne- the farm co-op idea sounds neat. I wish I could have one of those. It's hard work taking care of stuff.

Well, lordy lordy, it's been a few days. That garden is keeping me really busy. I've gotten the tomato seeds started and hopefully they will grow strong. I decided to go get a massage yesterday. She told me I had knots in my shoulders, but my shoulders don't ever hurt. She worked on my back a lot. It didn't seem to help at all. Today I woke up so sore all over. Had a headache for most of the day, BUT..my back wasn't hurting like it usually does. I also had prayed that my back would feel better. I may have to go get another massage.

Something else that has kept me pleasantly busy is writing letters. I have several pen pals now. I was really excited to receive a 3 page letter yesterday. I had some tea and sat and read my letter. I enjoyed sitting and writing a long letter back. It was relaxing and I could pretend I was a character from a Jane Austen story. I'm going to go finish another letter tonight and get it sent off to another lady tomorrow.

Have some work and church stuff keeping me busy, too. Also working on a hat order for 4 newborn animal hats. Hope y'all are enjoying your snow. It was warm here today, but it's still not officially Spring.

Megan and Judy, thanks for sending those lists.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  6:46:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Julie, glad that you got the list! I wish we had gardening weather here. It's been fairly warm, but I want it to be summer!
Dianne, that's so sweet!
Tammy, good for you changing careers! I think you could be really great at whatever you decide to do. I'll be praying for you!
Well, last night did not end well for me. The bf and his friend were talking about me, and my bf said something not nice that really hurt my feelings, and now our relationship is in limbo right now. I was very upset and hurt today, and I didn't want to make any decision in a moment of anger, because I've made angry decisions before and usually I regret them. So tomorrow is a new day, and with new days come new beginnings!
In happier news, school is going really well for me, and I love the feeling I get when I'm able to throw myself into school and school related things. It's always been the constant in my life that I can always use as an escape for everything. Everything in that area is going well! Also my Mom's off this week, so that means more girl time! That's a another plus for me! :) I hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  8:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Megan, your situation reminded me of a book I read (probably when I was your age - a Sweet Valley High book - does anyone ever read those anymore?? lol) & it was a similar situation, but the girl didn't hear all of the conversation (just a "bad part"), so she slightly over-reacted (naturally). When her & the guy finally talked about it, she realized that she was wrong to jump to conclusions. Not to say that it's the same thing for you....but make sure you guys talk about it (I feel...when....because....). {{Hugs for you}}

Well today was my first full day off the T3s....thank goodness! I didn't like the side effects after Monday night :s. But I seem to be better now. Tired & can't swallow properly still, but I'm doing alright. Think I'm off to bed right shortly. Gotta go to work tomorrow at 9 - first day back in almost 2 weeks (counting weekends)...so I'm sure it will be a slight shock to the system. Night alll!

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  10:55:49 PM  Show Profile
Dianne...Loved your Car!!!! How cute was that?

Hi Cherime...looks like you guys are having all kinds of ranges in the weather. 31 above beats -31 anyday!

RFM Tammy...sounds like you made a hit with your Valentine gift to your man.
Can't imagine a day at work with the computer down. Good thing you come well equipped for the unfor-seeable.

I don't know who Gladys Tabor is but I hope you enjoy her books.

Julie...isn't it fun to have pen pals. I am not as faithful to mine as I should be and want to be.

Well, my hubby just got home for dinner about 3 hours late. Hope it still tastes half way decent. If not...too bad.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  06:31:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. It's a misty morning here. Feel sort of British LOL. Woke up wide awake at 4:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep with a headache on top of it. We'll see how well I do today. I'm not sure why I'm not sleeping well but it's driving me nuts.

Julie - You're lucky your penpals are writing. I had one but it quickly diminished to nothing. I've been thinking about posting to find a couple.

Meagan - Sorry to hear about the bf issues. Man problems seem to be running rampent lately with everybody. I agree with Pam about talking about it. It's better to know his charecter now though then to invest months or years into the relationship and find out later. Keep to your studies :O)

Pam - I remember the books but don't think I ever read them. I think they were in print after I hit adulthood and had kids. My kids might have read them. I just saw some listed on paperbackbooksswap too.

PeggyAnn - Gladys Tabor wrote several books about her farm and similiar topics. I think the farm was called Stillmeadows, which was also the name of one of her books. Conversations with Amber is a book she wrote about conversatins she had with her cat, Amber. As I've said, I've heard several mention her here on the MJF chat so I decided to get a couple of her books. I hate when my computer has issues and I can't get my work done which is why I always keep my tote with me with things to occupy myself. One never knows what is going to happen so I like to be prepared for all contigencies :O)

I brought my own keyboard to work with me so I could get on to the computer today since I wasn't sure what time my keyboard would get here. It just arrived so I'll switch over eventually. I love my ergodynamic keyboard (spit style) so I may use it while I do some typing intensive work since the one they sent me is a regular standard keyboard. Well back to work :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  07:51:47 AM  Show Profile
sick, sick, sick...... S I C K. UGH. So yeah I started to get a cold. Felt miserable but no biggy. Then the sore throat just kept getting worse. My abdomen decided it hated me. Oh and then I would get the cold sweats. Freezing cold, shivering but sweating. Called a herbalist/acupuncturist and she told me a tea to make and drink and then cover up big time and sweat it out. Basically induce a false fever so that I could cook out the nasties. She said to do it for as long as I could stand. I'd been cooking for about two hours when my husband informed me she didn't know how stubborn I was so I climbed out of my oven. I went to have a shower and had to peel my pjs off I'd sweat so much. But I did feel better. Still fighting it and now my bowels hate me (I don't think that tea liked my tummy). But hopefully on the mend. Praying I'm better by Saturday (son's 6th Bday party) and that no one else in my family gets it.

Okay, typing that has pooped me out and I still have to crawl out and look after my animals. Blessings to all.

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  08:42:17 AM  Show Profile
Seems like there's a lot of stuff going around. I've been fighting bronchitis for almost 3 weeks now. Finally went for a chest x-ray on Monday because the doctor wanted to be sure I didn't have pneumonia. This stuff is miserable. The cough is terrible, so you can't get any sleep. Of course, the doctor says to get plenty of rest - yeah, right......

Anyway - not much else new here in PA. It's snowing lightly today, but we've had a really warm winter so far - more rain than snow.

Praying for everyone with needs - and big hugs to everyone!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  09:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone

Tammy going back to school is hard to do. I went back and got my Associates in Education. Took me a little over 2 years because I was working as well as going to school. It was worth it. I am a Para Ed and that gives me freedom as I can work in any class and any age group. You need to pick something that interests you or it is just a waste of time.

Megan I'm sorry you bf said some mean things. Sometimes guy can be so dumb! Unfortunatly they do not always out grow it. I love my Dh but sometimes he says things that hurt. We have been together long enough that he usually figures out really quick that he messed up, and appolagises. You were right not to make a decisions when your angry. I usually regret those time too.

Pam I will say a prayer for your first day back to work. I hope you feel 100% soon.

Kimberly I'm sorry you are sick. That sounds awful. I hope you are better for your son'a bday and no one else gets sick. Yuck!!

We are off to Arco ID tomorrow morning. It will take us about 5 hours. It will depend on the roads. I pray there is nothing serious with her car and DH can fix it quickly. He has promised we can take the long scenic way back if we can get the car fixed fast. Some really nice quilt shops on the long scenic way. It will be nice to see the gkids and spend some time with them.
Let you all know how it goes when I get back.

Dianne ID)
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  4:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!

Kimberly take care of yourself whatever you have it sounds aweful. Healing prayers going your way.

Tammy had a relative of my hubby, she went back to school and became an RN. She worked maybe 8/10 years had a heart attack and had to retire. She said she really love it. But she was in her late fifties or early sixties and so she has been retired for the last four or five years.

Megan so sorry your BF had got the case stupids. Thats what I call them. And Dianne I agree they do not grow out of it.

I had a great day today. When out to my aunt's house. They are redoing the whole house. Last September they spent a month in Indiana and when they got back, a pipe busted in back bathroom . When they walked in the hall to go in their bedroom-sloush-sloush in the carpet.
Anyway my aunt clean out her hall closet sew stuff, material,buttons and ribbons,etc. and guess who got all of it. MEMEMEME! I love it.
Then she fixed lunch before I left. Fried fish, fried oysters, french fries, corn with orange bellpepper and cajun seasoning, I just forgot what the other thing was. For dessert these apple things,you put in the microve wave and they pop up and them you put readi whip. WHOOOOO! Goooooood.Oh I know what the other thing was egg rolls. DELICIOUS!

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  6:19:01 PM  Show Profile
Good evening Porchies :)

Rosefairie Tammy - hope work was uneventful for you & you got to use your nice keyboard for most of the day :p. It's always nicer to be able to use your own stuff lol.

Kim, I'm hoping you feel better soon! Being sick really sucks!

Luanne - I hope you're feeling better & you don't have pneumonia!

Dianne ID - I hope you have safe trip there & back this weekend!

Marlee - aren't you lucky to get all that stuff! Too bad about your aunt & uncle's house. And that lunch sounds yummy!

Well, I'm taking a bit of extra strength advil now that I'm off the T3s. It worked this morning, but not so much this afternoon. Oh well. Everything still hurts to swallow (although not as bad as what I thought it would be!), my mouth/throat is still "fuzzy" (if that can even apply to your throat!) & everything still tastes funny. It's weird. Not sure if it's some weird side effect of one of the meds or what. Sometimes it's not too bad, but generally I just don't want to eat anything lol. I had a physical yesterday, and I weigh less than I did last week, that's for sure lol, by about 15 lbs :0. I'm hoping that a lot of it is due to my meds & not all due to the fact that I haven't eaten a full proper meal in almost 2 weeks (not for lack of trying...but for too much pain! lol). Ah well. If it comes back, it comes back. I'll just have to move my lazy butt a bit more :p.

Well ladies, I think I'm off to find something to eat, then I'm going to bed early & getting up at a normal time tomorrow! No more slacking off! Haha. Night all.

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  6:37:40 PM  Show Profile
Just thought I'd show a picture or two of the cake I made for my 6 year old's BDay party tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  11:29:14 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...How adorable. I miss making children's birthday cakes. I loved creating them for my boys...
when they were growing up. I bet your son is thrilled with it.

Pam...hope that throat feels better soon. Losing 15 lbs sounds like a nice side benefit to me...unless
you didn't need to lose weight.

Marlene...you were talking about egg rolls in your post, my DH and I went out for Chinese Food this afternoon and yum it was good. We finally have found...in the last two weeks, two really good Chinese
Rest. here in Vancouver. I bet it has been 10 yrs since we have had a good one. I had Peapods and Pork
and about 10 fried shrimp. I took half of it home and ate the rest for dinner tonight. It was even better
the second meal. LOL

Dianne...how was the road trip and the car? Hope she didn't have a major, serious problem the DH couldn't
fix.

Luanne...sorry that you are sick also. Boy you guys in the cold weather part of the country are really
getting some nasty sickness too. We are still warm and rainy.

RFM Tammy...I will have to look Gladys Tabor up and check out what kinds of stuff she wrote.

Megan...there is something seriously wrong if BF is not talking nicely about you to others. I
would have a talk with him and let him know that you would appreciate a bit of respect. You
have a bunch of Mothers on here that would be glad to thrash him if he needs it. LOL He better behave!

Bunny and Teacher Tammy...are you two MIA or just busy????? Don't make me come after you and
drag your backsides on to the Porch. Your lives can't be any more boring than the rest of ours
at the moment.

Well, my tea and book are both whistling my name. More tomorrow girls. Sweet Dreams!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 17 2012 11:32:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  07:17:41 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I'm about "average" for weight, my dr told me that I should probably aim for about 20 pounds more to be at my "ideal" weight....we'll see. I just started 2 new meds this week, so we'll see what happens.

I need to make a list of things to do today. Although all I really want to do is sit & watch movies lol. Oh well. Guess I'll go looking for something for my niece for her birthday party. I should have looked when I was in the city on Thursday night. Not quite sure what to get her since she has everything & more. Oh well. Going to find something for breakfast, then head uptown. Talk to you all later.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page