Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  4:46:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I meant to say that "telling the bees" is a very old custom in England, and probably Europe. You'd tell the bees if somebody was born, or married, or came to live in the house or moved away. And you had to be polite, too. there's a book by Elizabeth GOudge, Linnets and Valerians, which has some of the bee stuff in it.
Here's a rhyme about it, but there are lots of stories and lore.
Marriage, birth, or burying,
News across the seas,
All your sad or merrying,
You must tell the bees."
- Celtic Wisdom
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  4:47:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I would love to stay longer, but I have to keep studying! I hope everyone has great Mondays, and I'll stay longer tomorrow, I promise!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  8:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Nan, I love Celtic sayings so I will have to copy that one down. When I was younger I would run and swat at bees, but now that I know their job I love to sit outside and watch them buzz around. They really could care less that I'm out there. I figure I have to live in harmony with them and hope it will make me a good beekeeper. I don't have a fear of getting stung and I don't believe I'm allergic. I've been stung by yellow jackets and wasps but not a bee. In my daydreams I will be super successful at it and be able to send some honey in the tea swap. A girl can dream!

You ladies have been busy cooking up a storm. I love cooking right now.

Well, I worked all weekend and I'm getting sleepy. I'll come back around tomorrow and listen some more on the porch.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  12:12:52 AM  Show Profile
Tea Lady Tammy are you pulling our legs, what do you mean you aren't going to do the Tea Swap. Is it a full moon, or is this an early April fools joke or something? LOL
~ Jax looks very cute next to your big dog. They are both beautiful in coloring.

Judy...I have a pkg ready to go out to you for FGOTM but have to wait for some $ to mail it. I am so broke after Christmas and with all this dental work. I have no dental insurance so have to pay everything out of pocket and up-front. Yikes! But you will get it...might just be at the end of the month. Speaking of dental...I had one tooth pulled last week and I have a large sharp piece of bone jabbing out of my gum. They told me that could happen but they didn't tell me what to do about it. I may just pull it out myself. It hurts!

Ruthie...hope the drugs are helping your nerve pain. When it gets that bad you'll take drugs even if you don't like to. I get that! I try to live with my Fibro pain but there are times that I just have to take something. I have a pretty high level of pain tolerance...which is a good thing.

Kimberly...I forget that Prosser is so close to the Tri-Cities. I think that is so cool that your son and hubby want to go too. Most guys think going to Tea is stupid. My hubby and son don't like the tiny dainty foods. They think that if Tea Houses wanted men to come they would serve some "Men" Platters too. LOL

Julie and Judy...I think the whole talking to the Bee's is really cool. I didn't really know that people did that. But it is kind of like talking to your plants, flowers and veggies...I think they respond positively to your sweet talken 'em.

Hi Penny...how are you feeling girlfriend? Are you able to get around better now? So, what have you been up to lately?

Nan...yeah, Mt. Lions do not seem like fun to deal with. We have had several of them in the City Limits here too. We have a lot of Farmland and Forest around us...so, seeing wildlife forging in the city when their food is sparse...isn't unusual.
Where I live now, all I have seen is Squirels and Racoons.

Hi Megan...glad that you are studying and getting all ready for those tests this week. You'll do fine.

I was in bed most of the day with pain...but doing a little bit better tonight.

I think I am going to go to bed early though (for me) as I am still tired and in need in restorative sleep.

Sleep tight My Lovely Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  08:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning
It is cold here today. One weather station says snow for tomorrow one says cloudy. We will see.

Peggy I agree with the kitchen being the heart of the home. This whole house was just strange for a farm house. We will continue looking. I am not sure we will stay in this area though. We will do some looking in other area when the weather is better.

Pam I agree a craft night at home ould be a good idea. I have lots of things I want to get done but never seem to get to them. Full time work seems to be about all I get done right now. All I have the energy for. :(

Kimberly the whole family dree\ssed for a tea party. We will want a picture for sure. I wish My DH would do things like that. His Idea of dressed up is a new pair of jeans and a clean shirt. LOL

Penny yes and no to the move. More of an I don't know. Is that clear? LOL We have been looking for property out of town since all of the kids are grown and mostly on their own. My two youngest will be leaving this summer one to a new job and the other to college. So the need to stay in this area is not what it once was. Only one child, my oldest DD still lives here in Weiser. We haven't really decided yet and we are not in a big hurry so that helps. We will stay in the northwest probably in Idaho as we both like it here.

Nan I have heard of people talking to their bees but never really knew why. Thanks for the info. It makes since don't we talk to our animals.

We I had better get back to work. I have a TA this period so there is not much for me to do. Next period I am on my own but not as many students.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  10:56:17 AM  Show Profile
Wow, so many posts over the weekend. I feel a bit overwhelmed trying to catch up but its nice to see everybody chatting again. It was so quiet over the holidays.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. Yesterday I was a bit headachey but didn't think much of it. This morning I woke up with a scartchy throat and I'm getting that feeling like I'm about to have a low grade fever. Bleck.... I hate being sick.

Weekend projects: Cleaned, swept and mopped the living room as well as knocking out 4 loads of laundry. The man amazed me and cleaned the bathroom for me. We both ended up taking long naps that afternoon. Started working on the hat I have an order for. I started watching Merlin Friday after I got home from work and liked it so much I watched several episodes from the beginning on Netflix over the weekend while working on this project. I ripped the stitches out three times over the weekend because I don't like the way the cable pattern is coming out. This project is frustrating me for some reason. I may need to let it rest a day or so while I'm not feeling well and pick it back up again.

The man picked up a pork loin at Costco yesterday. Normally they come in two packs but for some reason this was just one of the packs and was marked down accordingly. Each pack has 2 roasts in it so I took one and braised it in Guiness, spicy brown mustard, and chicken stock with carrots and potatoes last night. I also backed a small acorn squash for myself. OMG was it yummy. I'm going to use the other roast for pulled pork sliders. I also baked a bundt cake Saturday since the man was craving chocolate. Tonight is catfish sandwiches and french fries. I have a feeling he'll be cooking the way I'm feeling right now.

Took the pups out for a 2.5 mile walk yesterday. Beautiful day to get out. Wish we'd had someplace nicer to walk. I just felt uneasy the whole time we were out walking. Didn't realize until we were over half way through it that I'd forgotten my pepper spray. I spotted a pitbull in front of a house off leash and went to grab my pepper spray and realized I didn't have it. Thankfully there was a side street that I was able to get on before the dog noticed us. It would be my worse nightmare having one of those dogs attack me and trying to control all 3 of my dogs while trying to defend all of us with the pepper spray. I'll be glad when I get my ccw and can carry a handgun with me.

Work has arrived on my desk for me to knock out before I leave today. I think once I get home the cleaning and such will get put on the back burner and I'll take a nap. Might nap on the couch while watching another episode of Merlin :O)

Everybody take care and I'll keep my germs to myself so all of you stay healthy :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  11:19:16 AM  Show Profile
It's been ages since I posted and visited the porch. Life took over, a move, a death, etc. but I wanted to say hi, tip a cup of tea in everyone's direction to say "Hi!". We have moved to our house in Kentucky and I LOVE IT! I'm still trying to find room for my stuff but hubby gave me a fantastic Christmas gift that will help ease the space problem...my own "little house". It's not what I had originally wanted, a Victorian cottage or a log cabin, but it's my own space...no boys allowed. LOL. Over the winter he'll wire it and finish up the inside with white bead-board. It's 14' wide and 28' long with an extra 8' for the front porch. It's actually a pole barn, grey metal siding, green roof, white trim. The windows are double panes that tilt in so I can easily wash them. The front of the house will be a little sitting room and the rest will be my craft/sewing/quilting/storage room.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  12:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. Sitting down with a cup of Tazo's sweet cinnamon spice tea. It smells delicious. I haven't been a big connosieur of teas so this tea swap will be interesting.

Tammy- I've heard eating a lot of garlic or the garlic pills can knock those little "bugs" right out of our system. Might be worth a try. At least you wouldn't have to worry about vampires.

Nancy- You are one lucky girl! I would love to have my own "little house." I hope you will post pics for us when you get a chance.

Today I went and picked up the last bun (sure it's the last...lol). Are you ready for the name????

Jane Doe Don't you love it?! (In case some might not know, a girl rabbit is called a doe) Her really really long name is Lady Jane Doe Austen. Here's her gorgeous pic. She's also very docile and loves to be picked up and cuddled.

Reflecting, it seems I'm building more of a microfarm. On 1.1 acre that's the way it's gotta be.

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  1:18:08 PM  Show Profile
I tried to post pictures of the house with no luck. I'll try again later when hubby can see why the file won't download.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  2:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hello all, I just got off the phone with my younger brother. I don't know if any of you remember me telling about him having stage 4 colon cancer and cancer in his liver. He went through 13 months of Chemo and surgery which removed about a foot and a half of his colon. In Aug. 2010 he was told he was in remission. Well he just called to say that the cancer was back again in his liver. He has 2 spots and the Dr said he had 3 choices....Wait to see if it grows, biopsy to see ? not sure what and Chemo...he is starting Chemo again next week.... In 2009 when he was first told about his colon cancer and after the surgery he was told he only had 6 months to live...they said they didn't think Chemo would work because the cancer was so progressed...anyway...here we go again... Chemo took so much out of him last time and I really didn't think he would do it again. He has a 3 yr old granddaughter which is one of the reasons he hasn't quit.... I'm asking please if you would put him on your prayer list... My oldest brother died 3 days after my youngest brother was told he was in remission in 2010. So this is really tough on him because he has a small fear someone else he loves might die...he knows thats silly but he and our brother were very, very close....and he was very weak from all the chemo and drugs that it sent him into a deeper depression than he already was... But I hope the Chemo puts him back in remission this time too...thanks everyone....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  3:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Penny, I will certainly put your younger brother on my prayer list, what is his name. My husband has had colon cancer twice, thankfully he is still in remission after 2 surgery's, chemo and radiation.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  3:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Nancy your little house sounds wonderful!! Oh, how I would love one for all of my quilting 'stuff'. Hope to see some pic's soon.

Julie, your new bunny is adorable!! I have had rabbits in the past, one was a real sweetie, would sit on the couch and watch TV with me.

I finished up a late christmas gift this afternoon. A very easy table topper. Am meeting my friend for coffee on Thur. and will give it to her, along with a couple of other things then.

Well, was hoping to get out and work the horses today, it was beautiful, but ran out of time!! Maybe tomorrow if it continues to be nice.

Off to fix dinner. Hope everyone has a nice relaxing evening.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  4:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Rosefairiemom - hope you feel better soon!

nabrown42 - so nice to hear that your move went well & you're loving your new home! I'm kinda jealous that you'll have that huge space - and no boys allowed! lol Of course, if I had that, I may not ever leave it! Haha!

FarmDream Julie - that is such a cute bunny!

Penny - so sorry to hear about your brother! That's such an awful thing to hear, isn't it? I'll pray for him as well. {{{hugs for you}}}

Well, I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight. I woke up this morning at 5:45 & do you think I could go back to sleep? Of course not! At least, not until I actually had to get up! At least the full moon effect wasn't as strong as it could have been (meaning we had the weekend, and not the whole week to deal with the little angels...), so today wasn't all that bad. One of the little girls always listens so well & you only have to ask her once to do something. So I commented on it to her (I think I said "I like the way you clean up"), and one of the other girls asked if I liked the way she was cleaning up. I said, "well, you've only picked up one thing that's in your hand, and (the other girl) has picked up lots of stuff, without being told more than once". So then she was picking up pretty good. Amazing what praising someone else will do for behaviour in all of them (or some of them lol. There are some that just wouldn't care less).

Off to have a mystery meal of something. Mom put stuff in my freezer & I have no idea what it is...so it's a mystery meal tonight, and probably for the week too!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  6:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, thanks for your confidence! Tomorrow is Honors Chemistry and Theology! It'd be nice if I didn't have to completely switch my brain for them, but what can you do if the school schedules the exams. I think Wednesday will be worst though: English and Spanish. That'll be a hard one to switch from!
Dianne, good luck with the possible move!
RFM Tammy, I hope you feel better! I have a small cold, too, and it's definitely no fun:(
Nancy, congratulations on the new space! Please post pictures soon!
Julie, what an adorable bunny! I had one when I was little, and I loved petting it! Ah, memories. And what a sweet name too.
Penny, definitely sending happy thoughts to your brother. I hope that God hears our prayers for you during this trying time.
Another night of studying here! I'm thankful that after exams I have a five day weekend, Lord knows I'll need it! Otherwise, not much to report here! Have fabulous Tuesdays everyone!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  6:42:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi All!
Nan, DH & I went to Books-A-Million and I tried to find that book by Elizabeth Goudge and they couldn't find it in their puter. They knew who she was. Is the name of the book Linnet&Valerians? Or was that just the name of the sonnet?
Julie, you sound like you have the perfect personality for critter &Bee-Keeping...sweet,quiet&gentle. Is "Little Janie" gray or tan?I can't tell. What a SWEETIE though! *oooooooooo....squish-squish* wanna cuddle her!
awwwww,ThankYou Peggy Sue-Ann! *giggle* whenever it gets here,trust me,it will be appreciated,you know that!Thank You again! Say...where are you on GilmoreGirls?
Penny, many Prayers going up for you and your brother!
Well, time to go read awhile. I picked up some mysteries to try. Laura Childs:A Tea Shop Mystery...A Cackleberry Club Mystery/Lilian Jackson Braun: The Cat Who Played Post Office/and Rita Mae Brown:Wish You Were Here...A Mrs Murphy Mystery(also a cat mystery)! Sounds like some good reading....I hope! Will let you know!If I like them,I'll go to Amazon to try and get the others in the series, used. Used ones are ok by me. Cheapcheapcheap......hahaha
Nity-nite Buds! Love ya

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  6:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you everyone for the prayers...Jan his nickname is Scooter....he was given that name when he was just a couple months old....his name is Arthur but never used it..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  7:30:45 PM  Show Profile
My heart goes out to you, Penny and your brother. I know how much pain such news brings to everyone in your extended family. My sister-in-law's sister is scheduled for a liver transplant on the 31st. She has a very rare genetic condition that has destroyed her liver and on Christmas Eve she got word that a living donor had been found compatible so now she's in isolation in New York awaiting the transplant. I'll pray for your family and I ask for prayers for mine and for all of on the porch who are in fear and pain.

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  8:42:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear about your relations with cancer, it's all so hard. I"m praying for you all.

Elizabeth Goudge may well be out of print with a lot of her books. The title is Linnets and Valerians. You may do better to try used books stores, or amazon has some used. They also have some listed for a lot of money, but there are used paperbacks too.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  12:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Julie...little Miss Jane Doe is adorable. Such pretty eyes and she looks so calm and peaceful.

Nancy...glad to have you back and happy to hear that you got all moved and are loven where you're at now.
Kudo's for hubby...given you your own little house. That is every big girls dream...to have that perfect spot to go off to create in and maybe even cozy up with a great cuppa tea and a good read. We will know where to find you if your not on The Porch for a day or two. LOL Hope you can do some before and after pictures. What a fun project that is going to be. We're all envious and yet thrilled and delighted for you!

Penny...Oh girl, that is just the hardest news to hear. I hate that "C" word with a passion. I am so sorry that your family has to suffer through that with him...and yet I know people with Cancer often feel like they are sufferen all alone. My brother died of cancer too and my sister has it now and it is just ugly!!! Too many people we love are affected by it and every year it just seems like it is getting worse rather than them getting closer to finding a cure for it.
I will be praying for Scooter and Your entire family. ~ Hey, how is that younger son of yours doing? You haven't mentioned him for awhile.

Pam...how was that surprise dinner tonight? Sounds like it could be fun just trying to guess what it's going to be each night. You and mom could make bets and see who wins. Ha Ha!

Megan...sounds like some tough subjects coming up for you, but you'll do good. Nice to hear that you will have a 5 day wknd to recoop from the brain strain. Enjoy! Go do something fun with the boyfriend and some other friends and just relax and let goooooooooooo of all that stress.

Judy...the Gilmore girls and I are still in Season two. I haven't gotten to just sit down and watch a slug of them in a row like I like to do. BUT after I get through Season 2...I plan to try to get them through Netflix or someplace and watch them on my Kindle Fire because I can watch them in bed...not chained to my laptop in my office. That will be way cool! ~
Sounds like you got some good reads today. I have read a couple Tea Shop Mysteries and a couple Yarn Shop Mysteries too. They are usually fun, quick and sometimes quirky reads. Let us know which ones you like and which ones you don't...because you know "Inquiring Minds Need to Know"...not just want to know. LOL

Nan...now you have me curious about Linnets & Valarians; to see if it is available anywhere.
I'm on the hunt now.

Long day my Lovelies and I am off to bed and my read. I will be picking a new one tonight as I just finished one last night. I am kind of feeling like a Victorian Era Mystery. Let's see what I come up with.

Hugs and pleasant dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  04:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!!!

I've been a busy gramma the last week. The baby got to Riley and they put him on some meds for his sick tummy and some to encourage his appetite. He was quite dehydrated and has acid reflux. They aren't sure if the mini-siezures was from the dehydration or some other reason, but he has a ton of tests that are bein done by Riley. They also reassigned him to a local doctor that is a Riley pediatric specialist for his primary care doctor! I LOVE RILEY!!!!

He is doin better and seems normal most of the time. He is still havin spells where he won't wake up without strippin him and puttin an ice pack on his little belly, but that trick is workin nicely for now. Riley said it's typical of infant exhaustion, but they need to figure out what is exhaustin him. They think it's a chemical imbalance. We should know in a few days.

He spent the whole day with us Sunday and he played and smiled at our crystal snowflakes all afternoon. I am gonna take 4 of them and replace the animals on his mobile with them today. He really liked their sparkle and the night light shines on his mobile, so they should sparkle nicely for him there.

I scanned through the last few pages on here rather quickly. I have added to my prayer list and think of you wonderful ladies daily.

I did catch the mention of the "C" word. It's a particularly bad word that I hate to see. I will be prayin for Arthur/Scooter. I have lost a few friends and family to that word and watched several more battle with it. By the way, I had a cousin we called scooter! He never did crawl, just scooted across the floor on his diaper!

I'm off to get ready for the day. It's gonna be a little hard on me. A family friend who was also my high school english teacher passed. I'm goin to the showing today.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  06:16:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Still feeling headachy and scratchy so I'll keep my germies away from everybody. I stopped and grabbed a Cherry Berry Chiller from McD's to help sooth my throat. The longer I'm up the more headachy I feel though :O(

Julie - Miss Jane Doe is adorable. Your making me realize how much I miss having bunnies around. I'm still considering angoras so I could harvest the fur.

Sorry to hear the "C" word. One of the MFJ Sisters that I think use to be here on the porch has also been diagnosed with breast cancer. This is probably the saddest time of year to be hit with that diagnosis. It's so dark and gloomy and to add more gloom just doesn't seem right. Praying that everybody does well with their treatments.

Books - I just started reading another mystery the other night and nearly finished it last night. It's by Laura Childs who also writes the Tea Shop Mysteries. This is another of her series called A Scrapbooking Mystery. The book is Bound For Murder. Very good. The setting is New Orleans and the charecters revolve around a scrapbooking shop and in this mystery a bookstore. I can definately recommend it for a good read.

Angela - glad to hear your grandson is in good care with the Riley team. Hopefully they will get it figured out quickly and be able to treat the cause.

I better get busy. The crew are going to Ohio today for a conference so I'm sure I'll be busy this morning until they leave. If I'm going to be sick it's a good time since it's typically really slow while they're out of the office. Have a great day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  07:18:10 AM  Show Profile
Angela, relieved to hear little one is getting some help. I'll be praying that they figure out what's wrong and fix it. Poor little nuggin'. Give him a snuggle for me.

Penny, Well the good news is he's kicked cancer before so he can do it again. I'm so sorry that he and all his family have to deal with this. Prayers being lifted to the Great Physician.

Julie, your bunny is adorable. What breed is she? I have Satin rabbits. Her name is so cool.

Tammy, My throat was feeling a little off so I went into the fridge and ate some of my pickled garlic. See if I can't nip it in the bud. Do you have a healthfood store near by? There's this stuff call Kyolic and it's garlic that you take in capsules so you don't have to smell like garlic all the time. Garlic is amazing.

Megan, good luck with those exams. Glad to hear you are putting your nose in the books but don't forget to get lots of sleep too. We're cheering you on.

Today I actually get to stay home. Maybe I can catch up on everything. Wishing a fantastic day to you all.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  08:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Penny- Sorry to hear the bad news. Praying for your family.

Thanks for the bunny comments. Jane is a cute and cuddly little bun. This weekend DH's daughter is coming up. They raise rabbits also and she is determined to give us one, too. But this is the last one! Jane is a Rex. Boonie Rabbit is a Californian. I don't know what MeeBee is.

Judy- Anyone who knows me would beg to differ about being sweet, quiet, and gentle. I suppose that's true with the animals but with other people I just love to cut up and laugh.

Megan- Good Luck on those exams! I don't miss school at all. I haven't stopped learning, just like to do it on my own time.

Peggy- Now why haven't you figured out how to hook your laptop up to your t.v.? We will have to have a virtual farmgirl techie instruction session.

Well, I've been stalling on getting things done. Off to do the banking and other boring stuff.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  09:32:44 AM  Show Profile
I was going to ask Peg also, why doesn't she get a router and take her laptop to bed with her....hahahahaha
Afternoon Porchies, We have sunshine again,42....we've had that for 4-5 days now. Spose to chance Thursday though. We were lucky enough to have a front come down from Michigan,that pushed all the rain down to my sis in NC. They've had nothing but rain&gloom...feelin' like she lives in England! hahaha
I saw those Scrapbook mysteries by Laura Childs too.She has quite a string of series...Tea,Scrapbooking,Eggs,with the Tea ones being the largest. They claimed that they were great bedtime reads. Good, that's what I like.
Peg, you'll have to tell me what new book you choose and what it's like too. Are you humming the G.Girls theme song CONSTANTLY yet? *giggle* I was. Love that song! Now I'm singing the Frasier theme song since DH & I have been watching it lately. Funny how a song sticks like that....."tossed salad and scrambled eggs"...... heehee
Nan, thanks for the tip on "Miss Goudge." I'll check it out!
Julie, animals and bees know the gentle side of you...that's all that counts, right? *giggle*
Ok Germies...I have a hanky over my nose so that I don't pick up the virtual "bugs" from Ya'll!!! ......uhh...uhhhh.....chooooooooooo.....uh-oh!!! LOL
Angela, isn't it cute to watch a babies face when he latches onto something sparkly?Love it!
Cool idea to put some in a mobile too. Clever girl!
Megan, you sweet,hard-working thing...
Praying that you aced all your tests! Now, go play and have some well-deserved time for YOU!
teehee
Well, I'm off to do some chores. DH is off today, but had to go to a meeting. Blaaaaa...what a way to break up a pleasant day off!
LaterGators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  10:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Julie and Judy (have you two ever thought of French Cooking together) ha ha! I could recommend a good cookbook. LOL
I know that my laptop unplugs and can go anywhere I wish it to...but I am one of these people that hooks her laptop up to her Printer and it is hooked up to the wireless router etc...all in my office and so, I hate unplugging everything and hauling the laptop with me...so, it stays pretty much glued to my desk. BUT my new Kindle Fire...is like having my own mini-movie theater and just the right size for bed and taking everywhere with me. BUT even though I think I am pretty techie-savie...I am sure you both could teach me a thing or two.

OK...the book I picked to read last night is book 4 or 5 in Tasha Alexanders Lady Emily Series... "A Crimson Warning". If you have never read her books...I highly recommend them. They are Mysteries and in the First Book she becomes her own detective in trying to solve her husbands murder. They had only been married for one year. Most of her books take place in London or abroad somewhere else.

OK...DH just called wants to go to The Bookstore...so I will pop back on here later.

Love & Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page