Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  08:42:06 AM  Show Profile
Nan, A tea swap is where 12 Gals pick a month, and send 1 or 2 teabags and a poem,recipe,stickers or some tiny crafty thing,anything that makes a nice tuck-in without upping the postage and send it out to the other 11 gals. You get to try quite a variety of teas by the time the year is up. All that's left is January and August. We filled up fast!
You new girls can start e-mailing me your e-mail addresses and home addresses so I can add you to my FarmGirl address book and start making a list to send out to all of you.
All I have so far is Peg,Bunny,Angela,Dianne&Tammy.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 06 2012 08:45:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  10:06:41 AM  Show Profile
The doctors have given up! They admit they have no answers and are sendin my grandbaby home! They released him at noon. I'm very frustrated and scared.

This does give us one more option. We can now take him to the childrens hospital er at his next episode. They are very strict about only takin the worst cases. Since we have been to another er and got no results he qualifies for 'trauma' treatment when it happens agian. We figure we'll be on our way to the city tonight.

It's a 45 minute drive there, but it's a nationally renowned childrens hospital. Well worth the drive, and they have saved all 3 of my girls. I'm just frustrated that it's so hard to get the proper help from the proper people.

Well, I've ranted enough for now. I'm off to cook a decent meal for my DD and future SIL. They've only been eatin hospital food and fast food for 2 days now.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  10:34:15 AM  Show Profile
Angela - How horrible. I'm assuming you mean Riley's Children's Hospital in Indy? My sister spent a good portion of her life there due to asthma attacks. Definately a good hospital from what my mom says. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on. I agree, an ear infection wouldn't have caused seizures although if the dehydration was severe enough that could have been the cause.

Odd weather here today especially for January. It's supposed to be around 49' for a high! A friend's young dd ripped up a roll of toilet paper and when she asked her why she did it she said "I want snow so I'm making some". LOL Kids lol. The 5-day forecast is showing mostly 40's highs for the weekend. I just have a bad feeling we're going to pay for this and really get clobbered badly with snow when we finally do get it.

Need to go. I have an office full of people and every time they take a break I get deluged with things they need me to do. I'll try to sneak on the man's computer this weekend. I'll be so glad when I get my tax check and can get myself another laptop.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  10:38:28 AM  Show Profile
Angela, What a sad state of medical care when doctors give up like that. I'm glad you at least have another option. You would think they would have connections and could ask advise from other doctors in other areas. At least you are not willing to give up. Grandbaby has a Grandma health advocate. You go get them!

Nan, how cool about the bees. I hope it all goes well. I don't think most people know how important bees are to our food supply.

Kimberly, I may be dense, but I don't know what a ND is. Are you allergic to your animals? Which ones? What was the business you were going to do? Maybe someone here has had the same problem and can offer a solution.

Ruthie, sorry about your pain. Sciatic pain is the worst. I would get it when I was walking down the street sometimes. Just hit me from nowhere and I would have to just stand there in pain unable to move until it passed. I have never had it stay for long. The tennis ball sounds interesting, but painful too. I hope you get better soon!

Today is a sewing day... yea! So later Porchies.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  3:17:45 PM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies,
Hi! I'm doing alittle better tonight. Angela we are praying for you and your family. Having a sick baby is the worst but Riley is the best hospital ever. Katy spent alot time there. She was even the test baby for the faces pain chart. Hope all is going well with everyone.
Off to have a pizza and salad supper.
Ruthie Ann
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  3:36:17 PM  Show Profile
I'll take AUGUST for the tea swap! Ok, back to reading.

Dianne- right now is a good time to check into bee classes. According to their handy dandy calendar this month there is not a lot going on with tending to bees. There may be a local beekeeping group. There's one here which I didn't know about either. Judy- it sounds like your town is not informed enough about bee behavior. There's lots of places to leave the beehive without it being in a neighborhood, etc. I'm looking forward to learning more. So far it doesn't seem to time consuming. A schedule of monthly maintenance but then kind of leave it alone for the rest of the month. I picked out a place to put it and I can camouflage it pretty well so no one will know it's there. I'm debating on getting a kit and building my own or buying one already assembled. We'll see.

Just doing some gardening and making peppermint bark. I'm working on a scarf to work on some knitting skills. Hoping to give to a friend when I'm done. Looks like I may have found the next bunny to complete the bunny family. If it works out then I can tell you the bunny name. It makes me laugh. I'm supposed to pick it up Monday, but it's Craigslist so you never know.

Have a good weekend ladies. Can't wait for the tea swap!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com

Edited by - FarmDream on Jan 06 2012 3:53:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  4:07:03 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie, So sorry. Hope that lets up soon.
Angela, there are times I just despise doctors. I hope you all find answers soon and the little guy is okay.
Bunny, an ND is a Naturapathic Doctor. They use natural medicine (herbs, vitamins, minerals, homeopathic, etc). In a matter of speaking, yes I am allergic to them. Milk is an issue and I have dairy goats. I was thinking about making goat milk soap as a little business but if I and my family can't use the milk it seems kind of pointless to me. The whole purpose of getting the Nubians was raw milk; make yoghurt, cheese etc. The soap thing was going to be a way of paying for the goats upkeep so that my milk would be basically free. But if we can't have the milk, not sure I want the work. I'm waiting for the children's test results before I make any decisions. But the thought of losing some of those goats is agonizing. I realize I'm a weirdo but I truly love them. I made some comment when the doctor told me and he asked if I really liked my goats and I answered simply and honestly, "They're my best friends."

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  6:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Angela, so sorry to hear about your grandbaby! You would think that the Dr's would keep trying to figure out what is wrong! Good thing that you have another ER that you can take it to. Sending prayers.
Jan

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  6:46:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I have been mia the past few days as I was back at school with my little butterflies. Sheesh! Good thing it was only 3 days. You would have thought they had been apart from each other for months. I was fairly lenient on them this week but told them next be prepared for some serious learning cause we have work to do. YOu can only imagine the groans I got from them.

Judy I am going to pass on the tea swap for this year. I know you are probably shaking in your shoes...me miss tealady passing but I am really busy. But dont yall worry I will be sharing some tea ideas. I just was to one of my favorite tea sites and ordered some new samples. So I will have to let you know what I think of them.

Welcome to all the new porchies. So glad to see you here.

Bunny hope you have a good day when school starts up.

Megan nice to see you dear.

Angela praying for the grandbaby.

Peggy glad to see you are doing better
and to all that I missed you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Well time for tea and a good book.
Love to you all
TAmmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  6:51:39 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Everyone

Angela your grandbaby is in my prayers.

Cherime we will miss you get back to the porch as soon as you can. I agree with moving. It's the pits.

Ruth Ann saying a quick prayer for your sciatic. I know what that is like and it is no fun. Mine doesn't burn but I can't sit stand or lay with out pain. No way to get any relief.

Kimberly I am sorry about the goats. I would hate to loose any of my animals for any reason.

We went and looked at some property today. 13+ Acers and a house. Not what we are looking for but geting closer. The kitchen in this house was so small you could only fit one person. What kind of a farm kitchen is that?

Good night all
Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  7:26:51 PM  Show Profile
Re the tea swap, do we make tea blends and put them in bags? Or are they store bought?
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  09:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Nan, most of us buy them at the store. You can do whatever you want. No real rules other than send to the other 11 swappers. Just a store bought teabag or two, your favorite in a card or envelope with a note is all that is needed. It can be really simple.

Kimberly, I'm sorry about your goats. I totally understand your bond with your animals. Couldn't you keep them and make the soap and sell the milk to someone else? Tammy in MI said she bought frozen goats milk to make her soap with, maybe you could freeze it and then look for local buyers. I hope you can find a solution that works for you and the goats.

Dianne, good luck on finding your little piece of heaven. Amazing about the tiny kitchen. Every farmer needs his barn and every Farmgirl needs her really big kitchen.

Julie, you are right about the bee's not having to be in your yard. I have a few people I know that have arrangements with different orchards in town and move their bees from place to place. The orchard pays them for their services and they get the honey to sell at the farmers market. It is good for everyone. I know one bee keeper in town has at least 5 different kinds of honey depending on where they spent their time. Good luck!

Yesterday was a nice day sewing. I am also making a crochet scarf I saw online. I ran out of the yellow yarn to do the outside edge of the scarf and had to tear it all out. But I was really bad and ordered a bunch of cotton yarn I found on sale. Hopefully the yellow will look good and I can use it. If I ever get it done I'll show you. I'm going to teach myself to crochet flowers. I have been having fun with all the different bright colored yarn I have collected over the years. I'm as bad with yarn as I am with fabric. I still have quilts to finish! I have decided the only way to get things done is to schedule days for each project. I get down to my sewing room and get sidetracked so easy. There is so much stuff and so many unfinished projects. I have already decided on a little project for our new tea swap. Can't wait to get started.
The weather here is just blaw. No rain, no sun, just kind of white sky. At least it's not freezing out anymore. One of my classes starts at 8:30am in the morning. I figure those are the days my truck needs it's warm electric blanky. I also cover the windshield with a sheet so I don't have to deal with frost. It seems to work great.

Anyway, later for now. Praying for your Grandbaby Angela. Hope the doctors figure out what's wrong.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  10:47:47 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies....
I know I was MIA yesterday, but it was just one of those days.
DH and I went to a sale we found on Craig's List that was advertising all kinds of office furniture. Found him the "perfect" desk for $15.00. Don't ya just love Craigs List??
I also found the perfect dining room table but they wanted $100.00 for it and I am too broke after the Holidays...but it was well worth the price they were asking for it. Some one will get a great deal on that.

Ruthie...I am having Sciatic problems right now too. My Dr. said it wasn't sciatica but I've had it before so I know I am right. Just because I am also having Fibro pain real severly in my legs at the moment he just want to lump it all together and say that I am having Lateral-Leg Pain. Whatever.....I love my Doc. but I think we know our own bodies better than they do.

Judy...sounds like our Tea Months are filling up quickly this year. How fun!!!!

Hey you BeeKeeper women...sounds like a productive endevor!!! I buy local honey always...because I have allergies...so have to make sure it isn't honey from another part of the country or else I won't be able to tolerate it. My Favorite is Huckleberry Honey! Yummo!

Julie...the peppermint bark sounds good! I have had a little bit of it over the Holidays but not enough! My future DIL makes the best I've ever had. I asked her to bring some to our Bible Study Christmas Party and all the women were asking her how she made it. There was non left at the end of the night! So, I kind of thought they agreed with me.

Angela...I am praying for Kodi, hope the Dr.s At Riley Hospital can help him. I have never heard of a Dr. just sending a baby home and sayigt, "Sorry, we can't help them." Grrrr!
That is just insane!

Teacher Tammy...restless little butterflies huh? It was a week of sugar and gifts and oodles of fun so... school just doesn't sound as exciting for them. It sounds like W.O.R.K.!
You were a wise teacher to give them a bit of room to transition back.
How is our little Jax doing? My two are sleeping on their pet bed at the moment. But they got a couple new toys that have had them pretty hyper the last few days.

Kimberly...I love goats milk soap...you could sell some to me. It is my favorite kind of soap...and nothing I've tried...even comes close to the smooth creaminess of goats milk. I think Dove Soap use to use goats milk years ago...don't know if they still do or not.

Dianne...who every heard of a 'small' Farm Kitchen? There is just something so wrong with that picture. I love big Kitchens, because I still think the kitchen is the heart of the home. I would rather entertain my company at my kitchen table any day...it just feels more homey and inviting than the living room. That is why I am on the hunt for a new (old)dining room table. I want one with lots of character.

Bunny...I am glad that you have had some sewing and knitting time. I just started working on my next round of Heart Shaped Yo-Yo's last night. This is a Valentines Round. I found some really cute buttons (but boy they were expensive). I got some vintage and some new and they both put a pretty dent in my pocket book...but they are so cute they were worth it!! ~ When do you start back to classes? This coming week? ~ I thought that your parting with the Food Prep job was a good indecator that they really liked you and appreciated your work. ~ How is the dog-walking business going? Have you passed out any fliers etc. yet?

Well, girls...I think I just might go back to bed myself for awhile. The longer I am up the tired-er I feel. That usually means "weather change".

As I sit her typing I am always looking out at my back yard...day-dreaming about what I want to do with it come Spring. Here is a little saying I will leave you with....

"One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides."...so true!

Miles of Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 07 2012 11:00:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  12:29:26 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, no takers on my pet sitting business yet. I did pass out flyers to two local beauty shops. I don't expect much until summer. I still feel I should have insurance before I put flyers in the vet or pet food shop. But I have been telling everyone I know. I figure it will take a few years for it to really do well. There is one other person I heard of that does it. But no brochures, just word of mouth. So I figure I'm ahead of the game. At least with my brochures they can see my prices and what I do. I have enough money saved until April. So hopefully something will happen by then.

Sun came out finally. My kitties are snoozing on the bed in the sunshine. I need to get myself up and downstairs to do something useful!

Later....

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  3:43:32 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, I was rather busy today. I slept in (I didn't get home til about 12:45 last night, then I was up until 1:30ish I think). Decided that I should put my crockpots to use & actually make something for meals - I'm getting sick of scrambled eggs (omelet style), and I don't have any cheese left either :s. So I made beef & lentils, chunky vegetable chili & peanut butter & apple butter muffins (it was supposed to be jam, but I didn't have any). I put all the vegetable scraps into a pot & made some vegetable broth for the freezer. Tomorrow, I'm going to make a lemon chicken & baked beans (I even have the beans soaking tonight!). I wanted to make cookies too, but I don't think I will tonight. There's also a squash & lentil curry that I want to try, but I need to buy more lentils.

It was a nice day out. My bird feeder is frozen to the patio (it was banging on the railing & bugging me so I took it off) & it didn't get warm enough to get it off today. Maybe tomorrow. Think I'll put a movie or 2 in & sit & relax for a bit tonight. I also need to find something for supper since I made meals for all week, but kinda forgot about eating today!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  3:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Peppermint bark -- made me think of trees with peppermint bark. Maybe chocolate trees.

My neighbor stopped me as I was leaving for chorale this morning to say that another neighbor on our loop thinks she saw a mountain lion here yesterday. Only I think they call them cougars here. Anyway, I'm keeping my eyes open when outdoors, andnot letting my little cat out at all unless I'm with her, which she doesn't like, so she sn't going out.

BUt it means the mountain lion is probably low on food where it lives normally, probably because of human encroachment on its land. So I"m praying for it to get back home safely and to be fed, preferably not by one of us or our pets.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  11:26:11 AM  Show Profile
AAfternoon Porchies,
Hope everyone is doing well.Today hasn't been the best day for me as I got up in more pain than ever. So dd took me the walk in clinic Im now on drugs. A pain med and steroid for 7 days.Ug I hate meds. The pain is alittle better no more pinching just a slight burning in my leg.I do have a headache Im sure is caused from the meds. Also a order for a mri. Drs. today just want to order tests,tests and more tests. So today is going to be a day of rest as I have a full week at my nanny job and dd leaves to go back to school tomorrow. Hubby is still recovering from surgery and still in his cast. Were hoping that he'll get off the walker this week and in a walking boot. Worried how he'll handle the dog and self. Im venting sorry. Thanks for letting me vent.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  11:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Ruthie Ann, gald to hear that your pain isn't as bad as it was. I know what you mean about med's, I don't like them either. Hope all goes well with your nanny job and with hubbys job too.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  12:46:43 PM  Show Profile
Tea_Lady_Tammy - did you have the beginning effects of the full moon week? We did on Thursday, but Thursdays always kick your butt lol. This week, I *think* I should be back to normal, and thankfully the full moon is tomorrow, so I missed it with the little kids.

Dianne in ID - I hope you find something that fits what you're looking for!

Bunny - I love your idea of "scheduling" specific projects for specific days! I'm going to try it too. I've been thinking about it for the past couple of days, how I need to first off, make a list of all my "started crafts", then onto the crafts I want to do for Christmas and/or birthdays in 2012. I only have one day of actual, real craft time (my Wednesday night ceramics class), and I'm usually busy Mondays & Tuesdays. So that leaves Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. I'm definitely going to put some effort into having a craft night once or twice a week.

NanR - stay safe! Every once in a while, we hear about mountain lions/cougars around here, but not very often.

Ruthie Ann - I hope all your tests turn up something (or nothing!) & you're able to be in less pain. Not fun!

Well, I was busy again today girls. I was up kinda early at 7:10, and got started on my day! I did dishes first off (no matter how many times I do them, they never go away!), got my beans on the stove to boil for an hour, got my lemon chicken in the crock pot, cooked up some bacon (I almost can't stomach the smell of pork bacon. It's just really gross. But Mom had bought it & I figured it can go in the pot with the beans) & got all the wet ingredients for the beans. Went for a shower, dumped the beans in the pot & went to church. Got home & started laundry (4 loads done, 2 more to go!), filled my bird feeder (after releasing it from the ice on my patio) & attached it to the railing so it's not banging around when the wind picks up. Hung up my seed bells & now I'm trying to decide which cookies to make. At the rate I'm going, I should have enough food for about 2 weeks (lunch & supper) in the freezer, probably more. I went through my freezer last night & found some "mystery meals" (Mom put them in the freezer without labels, so now I have no idea what they are....) so I think that will be a few meals this week. Finally I'll have something different to eat lol. Granted instead of one meal 4 times, I'll have 4 meals in rotation now lol. Oh well. I think I'm going to try making oatmeal/steel cut oats for breakfast in the mornings instead of cereal. Something different & I'm getting sick of cereal, honestly.

Have any of you heard of Farmersonly.com? It's an online dating site geared towards country people. I saw a commercial for it & thought it might be interesting. So far, it's pretty good. Like-minded people & all. And it's only $50 US for 6 months, which is nice (cheaper than eHarmony, for sure!). I just joined yesterday & paid up today (so I have to wait for 4 days for the payment to go through) and already have one message waiting & one "flirt"....

Happy Sunday all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  1:32:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi "TeaBags"& fellow Porchies! LOLOL
Thanks Bunny, for answering Nan's question! Send what you like but wrap them thoroughly if a loose tea! Who was it that had problems at the P.O. last year because her envelopes of loose tea busted and they wondered what was in them. It was funny to us, but scared the P.O. LOLOL
...hmmmmm....a Tea-swap without TeaLadyTammy....that'll be weird.... *sniff*.....but I understand!
Took Mama shopping yesterday and out to eat. We had a fun albeit tiring day. Got her stocked up for the month though.
Julie...August...you got it!
One month left...January. And don't fret if you can't be ready during January,in case that is scaring some of you off. You can send it the first of Febuary, we don't care. By the time we get this thing rollin' January is 3/4 over anyhow. We just want to try 12 kinds of tea this year. We don't get angry about such things!(that's what bills are for)hahahaha
We want HAPPY "Teabags!" sending HAPPY Thoughts,Teas&Blessings our way!Right??? Let's make this fun! *giggle*
Angela, so sorry about Kodi and ignorant doctors. Isn't it just amazing how many docs. can fill up a phone book .... and they still can't find their way out of a paper bag,let alone cure people. I say, LEAVE them in there and throw the whole bunch in the dumpster. Grrrr....
Ruthie, yummmm...pizza&salad! Sounds great to me!
Julie, I know what you mean. Ignorance is bliss to the city when it comes to chickens&bees. I would want my bees close to me to keep an eye on them. Maybe you can find used hives from previous beekeepers or on-line. My grandpa lived right beside us in my growing-up years with his 20 or more hives of bees. I loved watching him out the window walking slowly thru their "homes" and stopping to coo&talk to them, sometimes singing or whistling There wasn't a mean bee among them. It was a serene picture. When he died my Gr-GrMa(his mom) had a neighbor walk among the hives and tell them that their master had died. It was so sweet in a creepy sort of way...but I understand now. He was just so connected to&with them. I read the bees are as intelligent as dogs. I can see that. A lot of his bees left right after they were told. Sweetly strange isn't it!/? I feel such a drawing to become a beekeeper because of Gr-Pa!That connection!....like Kimberly & her goat-buds. I'd buy your soap too Miss Kim! Maybe a lot of us could help you out! It's something anyhow!
Darlene, if you are reading these posts...I SURE DO MISS YOU GIRL!!! Still Praying!
Cherime, can't wait to hear how the moving went!
A Postage Stamp size kitchen...ACCCCKKK....not for me!Like Bunny&Peg said too...Gimmee a Huge kitchen any day...it says "HomeSweetHome!" But I do like small, cozy Livingrooms filled with my fav over-stuffed chairs, pillows, books&candles! mmmmm....nice....
OK...I'm heading to Pams....she's cookin' up some mighty fine "vittles!"hahaha
SO....do yuns make your peppermint-bark with reg choco or the white choco? I like the white choco stuff myself. It lets the peppermint flavor come thru stronger!!Yummm!
Nan...what a funny thought, almost like a WillieWonka story...but I wouldn't be able to leave those trees alone...hahahahaha...I'd de-forrest the whole place with my "Buzz-Saw Mouth!" hahahaha Picture THAT!!! LOLOLOL
AAAcccckkkkkk! Mountain lion??We had that going on here last summer, only they never confirmed it. Just say so from different residents in different towns. Keep an eye on that poor wittle pudy!!!She'd be just an appetizer!
O Gals, gonna go bath, read and have tea!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 12 2012 08:40:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  1:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon Porchies,
I have to share this cute picture of Jax laying beside one of our golden retrievers Shadow. He looks so small next to him I just laughed.

Pam I am sure that full moon had some affect on my little butterflies.

Ruthie I am praying for your pain to ease I am so sorry to hear that. Praying the meds will help ease the pain and the drs. will be able to find a cause.

Peggy I am pretty sure my butterflies this week will think they had been hit with work. Last week was breaking them back into routine...this week it is get your wings in gear...we got some serious learning to do

Well ladies I am going to have some tea and read for a bit.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  1:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Seeing as how so many of my fellow Porchies love tea so much, I thought I'd share this with you. I'm going to take my daughter here for a tea party, actually my son was very disapointed that we were going to be leaving him behind so I promised I'd take him too. Then I asked if Daddy wanted to join us (thinking he wouldn't) and she said he would!!! So my whole family is going to get dressed to the nines and go here for a tea party. http://victorianconnectiongifts.com/ I'll let you know what it was like. :)

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  2:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all...I'm just going to jump right in here on page 434 since I have gotten so far behind....I've missed you all...

Judy, I just love reading your post....as always makes me smile...I think I will also have a cup of tea...thanks for the idea...lol

Tammy, Jax is so cute and so is your other dog....

Kimberly, thank you for sharing that link...I saw some of the cuties things that I am putting on my wish list....I love cups and teapots....please let us know how things go at the tea room, can't wait to hear...sounds like so much fun...

Well off to work on the crochet bear for my friend...have a great evening all..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  2:18:12 PM  Show Profile
Pam, you go girl! If you are careful you can find your soul mate online. You just have to take some precautions, like zero personal info until they've proven they aren't some weirdo. I met my husband online and his sister met her husband online. It's actually become kind of the norm. (hubby and I met on SingleC.com it's a Christian site) But I also met some of the weirdos. One man was older than my Dad and asked to see naked pictures of me. I informed him that he'd have to get through my daddy first and I wished him luck there and if he did manage it, there was a 30/30 under my bed. Then I blocked him so he couldn't contact me again. SHEESH.

Angela, I'm dying for more information on the grandbaby. How is he? Any updates????

Ruthie, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that kind of pain. I understand so well. I'll be praying that you figure out what is going on and get it fixed!

Dianne ID, I think I missed something. Are you moving? Not leaving beautiful Weiser are you??? I hear what you are saying about the kitchen. The kitchen is pretty important to me, and not because I love to cook either, but because I spend so much time in there. Between cooking, baking, canning, dehydrating, etc I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. When we were looking for our WA house we decided what we needed was 50s farmhouse. You know when people still used the kitchen. And we wanted it to be large with lots of counter space and a big pantry. There was no such thing out here but you'd love my kitchen. It's a modular but the kitchen and livingroom are the "greatroom" so BIG and the kitchen area is enormous with tons of counter and cupboard space and an island bigger than some kitchens. Plus I have a huge walk in pantry that my Daddy built shelving for so I can store a lot of canning now. I love our floor plan. Hope you find your dream house soon. There should be lots of good deals in the area, prices are so low. That's why we didn't sell our house but instead have it rented out.

Nan, cougars scare me. Seriously, all they are is a large version of my farm cats and I see how they hunt and torture their prey. Plus I don't know what to do with them. Bears I understand, wolves I understand, coyotes- got it covered but cougars I don't know what to do. I'm told they're in our area but they don't usually hang out where we are.

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  4:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, re the mountain lion. The trouble is, is it here still, or gone? It saw the neighbor, and hid, so maybe it left. We have racoons, and sometimes coyotes, and probably foxes and other critters. I just don't know. My neighbor who told me about it gardens, and he says he's being careful when he's outside to pay attention. I'm not home much and I'm not out much either so. I dunno what to think.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page