Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  8:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, it was a good break! I'll definitely keep up the studying!
Jan, welcome to the porch! It's a great place to be!
Julie, the class sounds fun! Have fun with all your new goodies!
RFM Tammy, that would be fun to meet up! And I'm very jealous of your massage! Have a good night relaxing:)
Today was a great day! I felt rested when I woke up, and it was a just a good day! I hope everyone has great Thursdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  12:06:46 AM  Show Profile
Judith...WELCOME TO THE PORCH! Yahoo, Farmgirl...we always have room for one more.
And I am sure that Judy can get you in on the Tea Swap too. Glad you're here.

Julie...the Bee Class sounded funny by your discription of some of the attendees...
but I am glad that they got you in and that you got loaded down with all kinds of fun take home stuff!!~
And I am sure there is still room for you on the Tea Swap too. I think Judy's still in shell shock
for getting Farm Girl Of The Month. Once she comes out of the clouds she'll get everyone's names
and months down. LOL She is so fun!

Megan...Are you still trying to get to bed earlier this year? That is so smart on your part. If
you get plenty of rest and a good breakfast it equals Brain Power Girl! Glad you had a good day.

I am off to read and get some good rest too...I am pooped tonight!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  07:01:58 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! I'm excited about the tea exchange. I just got an email last night from Culinary Teas that they're having a special on a chai tea sampler. I'm definately going to be ordering that one. I adore chai teas.

My massage went well. Due to the spasming in my left shoulder/clavicle area she spent most of the massage working on the knots there. Last night I slept without pain for the first time in I don't know how many days. As much as people think massages are a treat, for me they're a necessity. My muscles knot horrible, start spasming, pinch nerves, etc. especially when I'm stressed. I'd rather get a massage twice a month, or more if I could afford it, then to be on constant pain killers and muscle relaxers. I just prefer a more naturalistic approach. I really need to start doing my yoga again which helps significantly.

Judy - I forgot to congratulate you on Farmgirl of the Month! We're so proud of you!

Megan - Good luck with the exams!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  07:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning porchies. Today is supposed to be in the 60's so I am planning on going riding!!
Judy, congrats on FGOYM, that is awsome!
Tammy, those massages sound heavenly. So glad they help and you don't have to take so much medicine. I'm like you, don't like to take a bunch of meds, try to go the holistic, natural way.
Peggy, I don't raise Corgi's, in fact I am looking at the rescues to possibly find Charlee a friend. They are the best dogs!
I started my veggies in the crock pot last evening and today will add the turkey and a few more spices. Think I will whip up some cornbread to go with it for supper tonight. Yum.
This morning I am starting on a clients mantle cover, it is snowmen, cute pattern.
Well, better get busy!! Have a great day you-all.
Hugs,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  10:55:44 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning or Afternoon depending on where you are.

Julie I was out at our friends new property. My family was helping build a craft /house till they get the real house built. She has a huge fire pit. Built just like yours only longer. She takes the grates out and puts her dutch ovens right in the coals. She loves hers. I think I will add one to my wish list.
Thanks for the info on the bee class. Someone in my area said to check with the county extension office. They may know where a class is.

Tammy Thanks for the book ideas. I am an eclectic reader and hae needed a change for a while. I think I will try one or two of the biiks you mentioned. They sound like fun.

Whittney welcome to the porch. Pull up a rocking chair and grab a cup of tea.

Angela I am with you. If I can't have snow then it should be spring and planting time. why is the calander moving so slow.

Kimberly you go girl! we will be here to cheer you on. I am looking into a couple of ideas for this year. If I don't start now, then when?

Tammy the soap looks wonderful.

Judy I would love to be part of a tea swap. Sounds like lots of fun and a great way to try new teas. I would like Mach if possible.

Jule you will have to keep us posted on the bee class.

I had best get moving. It was hard to go back to work after 2 weeks off. I so enjoyed being able to do what I wanted when I wanted. I took care f the bunnies and the chickens and read and cooked and crafted. What ever I wanted. I even watched some really old Sherlock Holmes movies. Now it is back to a schedue and very little free time. :( I have a plan or is it a plan to plan. One way or the other things need to change. You, my sisters have given me courage and insperation to look outside the box. Thank You

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  11:39:46 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I only have a minute. The grandbaby had to go to the hospital last night. They are keepin him for now. He has been havin what they think is mini-siezures and then last night he wouldn't wake up. He woke up at the hospital. They said he has an infection and is dehydrated. They don't know why he wouldn't wake or why he's havin the mini-siezures.

Today they are doin a bunch of tests, mri, cat scan, xrays, and a spinal tap. Hopefully we will have some answers soon.

Please pray for him. Kodi needs God's healing and the doctors need God's guiding!

I'll post more as soon as I know anything. I'm headed back to the hospital.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  11:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
i would love to do the tea swap, since my birthday month is taken i would like to have a cold month an a towards the end so i can see what everyone else sends so i no what im doing lol. thanks.

I will in deed grab a rocker, I even make some goodies, some homemade cin rolls. so put some coffee on ladies or grab a glass of milk ur gowing to need it. Im working on my very first apron so i have that to work on.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  12:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies I will be MIA for a while. Moving this office in 3 weeks is the pits.
Blessings to all and welcome to our newbies. Prayers for those in need and later for me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  1:20:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey,
Im still new around the porch . Can someone explain the tea swap?
Can I join too?
Ruthie Ann
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  1:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi there...all I dreamed about last night was bein FGOTM...isn't that funny. You're right Peg, still shell-shocked. lololol
Peg,July,it's yours! Glad you are back here with us after your tramatic visit to the dentist...
*as I shudder* ...don't like them either!
Jan, Welcome to the porch. *hands you warm cuppa* You want April in the tea swap?...you got it! I think Corgi's are one of the cutest dogs. I told my DH that's what I want if I ever get another dog.
Hi Judith *moving over on the railing* glad to share wth you, one jusy to another! hahaha
Julie, we have Jan,May,June&August left for the tea swap. Pick one...filling up fast!
My Gr-pa had bees, my neighbors had bees,I've always had fresh, local honey all my life. I wish I could have bees, but I live in a small town and they don't allow it. *pouts*
RFMTammy, I also received the Culinary Teas ad and ordered the Christmas Sampler since to was on sale and they had that 15% off coupon. Couldn't beat that.
Dianne,ID, Got you down for March for the tea swap.
Whittney, how about December?Is that cold enough&late enough for you ??? LOL
4 months left to fill:January,May,June&August.
Angela,Kodi will be in my Prayers!
We actually have a cold,sunny day today with some snow still on the ground.
It's nice to see the sun, since Ohio is such a gray state in winter.
Well, off to get a pot of tea and one of those cinny-rolls, and start drooling over the 5 seed catalogues that I've started collecting since before Christmas!
Happy dreams of gardens,birds&butterflies!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 05 2012 5:15:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  3:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi All, I've been reading and reading, trying to catch up but know that is hard to do....glad to see so many new porchies.....I am so glad to be able to get around without my crutches and with little pain....I have so much to catch up around here on....DH did good while I was bed ridden but oh so much he didn't do....lol...but I can't complain....I'm very lucky...and I have the best MJF girlfriends too....I got some great cards at Christmas and wanted to thank all that thought of me during this time. I love ya all.....I'm going to finish reading and maybe get back on latter...working on a beanie hat for DH....think he was a little sad he didn't get something crocheted for Christmas....jk....he isn't like that....but still making him a camo one...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  4:59:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy, put me down for June for the tea swap... my birthday month.

So nice to see some new faces on the porch. It is a Very big porch and everyone has their very own rocking chair and quilt to keep them warm.

I made it through my last day at work. Did better than expected. Still couldn't walk when I got home, but not in as much pain as usual. My boss said I was welcome back anytime.

Only 3 more days before I start school again. I'm still waiting for two of my books. I found these two websites where I can rent my school books instead of buying them. Saved sooo much money. One of them also bought my books from last quarter. The college book store offered ..about 22.00 for all three. The website is giving me $118.00 for all three. Don't think I'll be buying my books at the college book store anymore. They really should get the message.

Julie, I'm glad you got into the bee class. I think bee keeping is very popular right now because there has been so much press about bees being wiped out by so many things. I'm glad people are rising to the occasion. We really need our bees. I always buy local honey.

Penny, thanks for reminding me about the Christmas cards. I need to thank everyone that sent one to me. I'm terrible about sending them. I use to but little by little my friends stopped sending them out. So it was nice to get some farmgirl Christmas mail.

Cherime, good luck on the move. We will miss you. Hope you come back soon!

Angela, so sorry about the new Grandbaby. Will pray that all is OK.

Well, I'm off to start dinner. I get to sew tomorrow. Late Christmas present for my Aunt.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  5:14:07 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie, we were writing at the same time I think. Sure you can join! We have Jan,May&Aug left. Here's what you do. Pick a month,and when it rolls around, you send 1 or 2 tea bags of your fav teas out in a card, to the other 11 girls, with a tuck-in, if you want. Maybe a poem, recipe or some other little thing that will perk up someone's day.I've sent 2 teabags out in a card and it doesn't cost any extra postage. We get so many interesting teas all year long, some I've never heard of. It's nice to see something in the mail besides bills, don't ya think?hahaha
Bunny, got you down for June!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 05 2012 5:16:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  5:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
dec sounds great. thanks

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203

Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  5:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
judy i the filling of the OH weather you speak of, the hubbie an I are from southern OH.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  6:51:44 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
This sounds fun. I'll take May if still open. Yes love getting something besides bills. lol
Ruthie Ann
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  6:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you oh beautiful and benevolent farm girl queen Judy. I will have to put my thinking cap on and decide what to do for a tea. June will be here before you know it. I had to look up the word benevolent to make sure it wasn't anything snarky. Wasn't sure what it meant but it looked good. Silly me. It's a good word.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  7:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi!Everyone,
Im sitting in pain today as my sciatic nerve on my left side is pinched and my leg is burning. Can't seem to get relief. Nothing is working. So please if my typing is crazy forgive me as I can't type well and in pain not what we'll get. Lol
Julie-The way you descripted the attendies at the bee program made me giggle. Good Luck with your garden as it's colder here in Indiana. Thinking about trying sowing in the snow.
Tammy=So jealous or your massage
Peggy-Hope you get some rest
Jan-Hope you enjoyed your ride today. Your dinner sounds yummy. I'll be right over. Would love to see the snowman mantle cover. I love snowmen.
Kimberly-Cheering you on
Angela-prayers being said
Dianne-I what you mean but it will be easier
Penny-So glad your feeling better
For all you newbies- WELCOME.

Hope all have a wonderful and blessed day!!!
Ruthie Ann
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  8:03:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Peggy, yes I am trying to get to bed semi early this year! Definitely need to!
RFM Tammy, thank you for the wishes of luck! I'm going to start studying this weekend and hopefull get all prepared!
Jan, dinner at your house sounds yummy!
Bunny, usually it is better to get books through outside sources. My high school's book sellers are ridiculously overpriced, so it's easier to just buy from another student!
Penny, I hope your pain is gone soon!
Ruth Ann, welcome to the porch!
Whittney, thank you for the virtual cinnamon buns! I needed it, it's chilly here!
Angela, I will keep Kodi in my prayers. I hope everything works out for the good for you and your family.
Only a day and a half until exams! All of my teachers are doing a lot of review work, so it's been a little relaxing at school. I hope everyone has great Fridays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  06:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Ruthie, so sorry to hear that you are in pain! Praying that it goes away soon!
Hugs, Jan

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  07:29:56 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie, i have found relief from sciatic pain from sitting on a tennis ball. Yeah, sounds weird. I sit on the couch, or a padded chair, or even bed, and find the muscles that hurt the most with the tennis ball and then let it press into them. I find I have to move around a bit. I usually find the worst part, because that is the trigger point, and sit on it until it releases, or at least hurts less. But if that hurts too much at first, I come at it from the edges. I hope that helps. Praying for you.
Nan
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  07:34:01 AM  Show Profile
Praying for Kodi, keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  07:38:50 AM  Show Profile
Did I say that in December friends and I went to Eugene to GLory Bee Honey and bought the kits for making hives, and we're now trying to schedule time to assemble them? We're keeping them on my friends farm, about 40 minutes upriver and inland from here. I'm excited. Sue Hubbell's A Beekeeper's Year (I think thatt's the title is a good introduction to how to do it.

Judy congrats on FGOTY. wow.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  07:40:14 AM  Show Profile
I;d like to join the tea swap, but I don't know what it is, exactly.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  08:32:19 AM  Show Profile
Angela, how's the baby? I'll be praying for him and his frantic parents.
Bunny, good for you! So glad you were able to get through the job, even if it did hurt. See and you impressed the boss too. :)
Peggy, glad to hear you are doing better.
Julie, Looking forward to hearing about the bees. It's something that has always interested me.

I'm feeling a little disapointed right now. I went to a new ND and the results came back. Nothing that surprised me or shocked me just disapointing. It also could change my life in a manner I wasn't wanting to change it. I may have to give up some animals that I LOVE and that hurts. It also puts a kybosh on my little business plans. So I'm floundering, trying to make a decision. But in another way it is encouraging because something is being done. And maybe I can start to feel better soon. The acupuncture I started going to helped and I'm looking forward to how it might continue to help. Sorry didn't mean to be a downer just need to talk out loud!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page