Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  05:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly, I grew up a redhead but now it is that way by choice...I color mine as near to my natural color...lol...love being a redhead...glad to meet another one...somehow knew we had more in common than homeschooling, now the guns and the redhead, wow, watch out world. I sure hope the kids feel better today...and Mommy gets some rest. I hope you post more of your wedding pics...sure would love to see them.. Family and friends took our wedding pics but I love them ...we drove away on our ranger..lol which the kids tied, beer cans too..road around the field and came back..priceless.

Oh Bunny, I am so excited that you will be having coffee with him today, can't wait to hear about it.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Sep 10 2011 08:44:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  07:18:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Sorry for the loss of your Mother in Law. Sounds like she was a wonderful lady. I will pray for God’s perfect will to be done for your sister.

Kimberly, glad your Husband is on the mend! I love reading about your children! I hope they cool off a bit.

Still it ‘s great your bunchkins are getting good nutrition!
I love that bride photo!

Julie, that was so kind of you and your DD to think of children and buy toys! I hope you are recovering form that sinus problem!

Angela, sounds like you have an great plan for protecting you food from mice, they can be so rude! I wouldn’t mind them having a nibble, but do they have to poop in everything, and drag their nasty tails over my clean shelves? YUCK! I wish you all the best with that huge project. I save popcorn tins for food storage, not as pretty and co-ordinated, but functional.

Staci, Hang in there with all that water, you are added to my prayer list!

Penny, ouch! take it easy on your side! I hope that pain gets better so you can avoid a trip to the Dr. Sorry about your Son not being able to spend the much needed time with you. I feel bad for you !

Bunny, glad your Mom is doing alright, and your classed are humming along. Looking forward to read how your Coffee date goes!
I have a question for you regarding quilt stuff. As a Christmas present I want to send my sister a stash of fabrics. She is skilled quilter, but she lives in Hawaii and has very slim selection of fabric where she can shop. She would do more shopping on-line but shipping costs are ridiculous and her money is short. So, my question is, how much of each kind of fabric would give a quilter a decent stash to play with? I would like to get a wide variety of colors, she likes funky / quirky patterns. Should I buy lots of “Fat quarters” or fabric off of the bolts? Thanks for any advice!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Sep 10 2011 07:21:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  08:21:41 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone. Getting a little anxious for my date. It has taken 10 months to get this far.

Peggy, I'm sorry about your MIL. But glad you had a great relationship with her. You will see her again, I sure you know that.

Kimberly, sorry about the little ones and fevers. It seems to be going around. Hopefully that will be all you have to deal with.

Tracy, buying fabric for quilters depends on the kind of quilts they like to make. Fat Quarters are great for quilts with lots of fabrics in them. But sometimes we need the extra length of a larger piece. I would buy some fat quarters and some 1/2 yards. If she likes lots of patterns, you might through in some plain colored fabrics in with the Fat Quarters. We call them tone on tone. It would be like a dark green pattern on a lighter green background. Basically every part of the fabric is the same color. Have them match some of the other fun fabrics. That way she has a good variety. Have fun! Fabric shopping is my favorite part!

Later for now.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  08:32:15 AM  Show Profile
Hello all.

Great pix Kim. The wake up for the kid thing extends to the pets when the kids are gone. Took the dog to the vet and she had to have a tooth pulled. She didn’t act like she was in pain and eating wasn’t a problem her breath got really bad so in she went. She has had a rough time and now I am in wake up for a sickie mode. 1:30 last two nights. I am getting too old for this stuff.

Peg, praying for you dear not easy to get hit like that for ones you care about. It did effect me when my ex died. For all I couldn’t live with him for various reasons, alcohol tops on the list, I still loved who he was when we got married.

Julie I hate sinus problems because they make it difficult to get a good nights sleep. I am constantly fighting that one.

Bunny so glad that things went better for your mom this time.

You know ladies I am not angling for kudos when I tell about the stuff I am doing here. I am genuinely amazed that I can actually do some of that stuff. I guess I am also saying that if I can do this stuff another woman who finds herself the only honey doing for what ever reason can do stuff. If you can read there is a book out there that will help you. I also have gleaned a lot from the handyman and woodworking mags. A lady wrote a book for women wanting to do wood work and that was a big help as she put things simply without big complicated instructions. So just maybe I can actually finish this house. It will never be up to HGTV standards but I think I can get it livable. So bare with me ladies as I flounder about with my projects.

Bless you all, this wood warrior is back out to the garage.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  09:20:10 AM  Show Profile
Cherime - so what you are telling me is that because I am a nurturing female I'll never be guaranteed a full nights sleep again!!! :) lol Yeah, I already do this with my animals anyways. If I hear strange noises I'm off and outside to check on the goats. I don't think you're bragging when you talk about what you are doing, I think you're just sharing with friends. I worry that some might think I'm bragging about my children too but honestly they're just my life and so I'm sharing my life. Hope your dog is doing well and you get some rest.

Bunny - there's still nothing about the coffee date! You are killing me!! :) How'd it go? Was he nice? Any chemistry? News girl, we need news.

Penny - Love your wedding story. I had waited so long to find my man and have my wedding day. The hairdresser was excellent and did exactly what I had envisioned. A lady from the church did my make up and it was lovely. We were married outside on a little island in a Eucalyptus grove. The island was actually the grave of a cowboys favorite horse, I thought that rather fitting. There was supposed to be a terrific storm go through that day. I petitioned the Lord non stop about that one because the entire thing was outside. As soon as we were done our vows and walked across the bridge the wind came but our ceremony was perfect and our reception was protected by the tents my daddy rented. We had a bluegrass band as our music and they even wrote us a song. I'll never forget during part of the ceremony the pastor was saying to Matt to look at his bride. See how beautiful she is today. But as time goes on this beauty that you see today is going to be the worst she looks, she's going to become more and more beautiful. I knew what he was trying to say but I remember snickering and thinking, "Don't bet on it! This is as good as it's ever going to get!!!!" (I'm not big on make up and such) lol We had delicious food for our reception and I even had my black forest cake. I'd love to hear everyone's wedding day stories!!

Fevers broke. The kids seem to be fine. We'll see how the day goes. I'm dragging my butt. I'm to old for this game! :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  12:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!

Ack! Sick kids and animals worry me to death! I don't sleep well anyway, my dr says it's 'mommy syndrome'. I wake at every sound, even when the rain starts durin the night. He says I should age out of it about 2 days before I die! He swears his 93y/o mother still has it. I guess it's just a woman thing!

I love stories of any woman doin things thought of as a mans thing or job. I do alot of that around here myself. I love to build and fix things myself so I don't have to wait around for Hubby to get the time to do it. I think it's important to learn those skills and pass them on to our children as well.

I got all my food stored away in glass, heavy plastic, or metal containers. It's been inventoried and I made my shoppin list of all the things that I had to toss. Now I'm reorganizin tha cabinets.

I guess I better get back at it since I've got dinner cookin at the same time.

Vege soup anyone? I have a whole waterbath canner pan cookin!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  1:31:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm back! Date went great. He is pretty reserved as he has had some bad times with online dates before. But I think we hit it off. At least after 3 hours of talking. He said I was an interesting person and would like to see me again. He isn't the type to rush into anything. That I can see. I told him the ball was in his court. He has my phone number so if he wants to see me again, he knows where to find me. I wanted to take the pressure off. I'm very happy to take things slow. I'm busy the next 5 Saturdays teaching so he knows I'm not waiting with baited breath for him. Time will tell. We certainly had a lot in common as far as parent issues go. So we connected on that level. He made me laugh and that was a good thing.
I'm so glad the first meeting is OVER! Now onto really getting to know each other.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  3:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Yahoo Bunny...finally! It all sounds pretty positive!!! And that is good that it's in his court and he knows you won't be sitting right on top of the phone just hanging out waiting, because you do have a life!

Penny and Kimberly...will I was a natural born redhead...but started enhancing it a darker red in my thirties. Thought I would be doing that until the good Lord took me home...but once I came down with the
Fibro and couldn't lift my arms above my head any more to color it...I did a one year of using semi-permanent hair color to rmy permanent hair color and cut my hair short...so over night I went from fiery red hair to grey hair and shocked everybody including myself. Every time I walked past a window or a mirror, I would think, "gosh, that lady looks familiar." My friends could be standing right next to me in a line somewhere and not recognize me.
After 3 yrs now we are all use to it but it took a long time. I did feel like I became invisible to people over night. Redheads get a lot more looks from guys and are remembered more by women. It is the truth! Now I'm just somebodies grandma! LOL

I just got back from spending sometime with my youngest son. He took me out to coffee and to the house he is buying and then out to lunch.
Now I need a nap. I will try to hop on later...but feeling a bit down I don't feel like I have much to say encouraging or upbeat.

blessings,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 10 2011 3:48:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  3:35:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh sweet 'Gals of the Porch'........Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze stop feeling as though you must apologize for sharing your wonderful skills, your talented kids your wise animals and those marvelous hubbies. You are all so terrific and we are all here to hear of the great things you can do and the milestones that your families pass. {{{{HUGS}}}. :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  4:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Angela - so you're telling me I'm normal??? Novel idea. :) I wake up to any sound out of the normal and I feel like I'm on red alert at all times. My husband scared me bad one day. He appeared while I was in the bathroom getting the kids ready for their baths and he made a funny by grabbing one of the children and making them squeel. I just saw male, fast motion towards one of my children and he almost got a chop to the throat but something in my mind triggered and I realized it was him. I'm a grizzly sow with cubs and I'll protect mine just as they will.

PeggyAnn - I LOVE being a redhead, infact anything else seems wrong now because I've been dying my hair red for so long. I started going grey at about 20 (health issues) and didn't think that was something I wanted to live with, so I decided to become Anne of Green Gables, Reba McEntire, Echo Sackett etc. My Daddy asked me why I chose red and I replied to warn the world! He thought that was a good answer, knowing me as he does. :) I think you natural red heads are the most beautiful women in the world.

Bunny - sounds good. Nothing wrong with being cautious, maybe there'd be more success stories if people took commitment seriously. And I LOVE the fact that you've told him it's in his court and you're living your own life. Way to go girl. Make him work for you.

Okay my children did something today that is so sweet I have to share it. They are standing there holding hands and Jackson tells me that he and Nikole are getting married. I tell him, you can't because you are brother and sister. But he says, "We're just pretending." Okay, so the ceremony begins. They are holding hands and Jackson says, "Nikole do you take this man to be your worker?" Nikole says, "yeah" Jackson says, "Jackson do you take this wife to be your friend? Yeah" Then they ride off on their imaginary horses and when they come back Nikole is giving birth to a doll and I think they even potty trained the doll before the game was done. I wrote it all down in my Precious Memories book. I never want to forget all these precious times with my children so I have a book I write them down in. Things like Jackson saying he wants to be a farmer, pilot, fireman and race car driver when he grows up. Nikole saw a picture of Noah's ark that had bugs, rabbits and kangaroos and informed me that they live in the grass, cages and zoos. The first "Where do babies come from" question and how I answered it. Nikole's hair getting tucked in her shirt and she so worried asking me to pull it out because she's a girl not a boy (long hair vs short hair). Nikole at three years old sitting on my bed reciting John 3:16. Jackson asking me why we are on this earth and my answer. Just things I hope to never forget but know I will if I don't write them down. You're right Penny, I am so PROUD of my children, little rascals that they are! And it's not because I think they are better than anyone else's children (trust me they are children) I just love them so much. I think every mother feels this way and should.

Mel - thanks for the encouragement. I do tend to ramble on and on about my children and I don't want to annoy anyone. But my life is my family so that's what I talk about. Today we took Matt his breakfast out at the worksite because he couldn't get away and my children were excited to have a picnic with daddy. Nikole LOVES tea parties and wants to go to a teahouse and get all dressed up and have a special tea party. I asked Jackson if he wanted to come and he said YES. So now I'm looking for a tea house for our special day. But Nikole insists that Daddy needs to come too. I think that speaks volumes about her love for her daddy.

Blessed beyond measure,

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  7:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! DH & I just heard a fighter-jet fly over the house. We are jet/plane nuts and we both know how they sound. We go to the Cleveland Air Show just about every year too. I called my Mom Who lives 10 miles away and she said she heard it too. It's too cloudy to see, but we heard it. I had goose-bumps and the hair on my arms stood up. I prayed a silent..."Lord protect us!" I know we are all under a watch for this weekend, but when you actually hear the jet, it's scary. I told Mom, "This is like the old days. Pretty soon we'll all have bomb-shelters again." She said, probably so! Sad! Tomorrow will be a day of prayer (ALL) day for Christians everywhere!
May God protect us all. Many people,govt.,& schools have turned from him, but I asked him to please remember the few believers that are left and honor our prayers!
God please continue to Bless America!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  8:08:32 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Judy, Amen. No catastrophes yet. Praying .....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  9:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Amen Judy!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  11:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Amen! Lord, God Bless America, again! We have turned from you in droves but You will always have a remnant
of believers in this Land, who love you and strive to live for you. Protect your people and our Nation Beloved Father! Amen and Amen!

Bless you all who unite in Spirit for God's will.
blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  03:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies~

Sorry i was gone for this past week. School started well but then an aircondtioning vent came throught he roof into my classroom (no one was hurt) so there had to be some shuffling around to put my class somewhere. it is all ok now though.

September 11th is a particularly difficult day around here. I had posted on the thread "Where were you on Spet. 11, 2001?" It was actually cathartic for me. today I will bike down tour beach and look across the water to where the towers used to stand. I will keep all those who lost loved ones on that horrible day in my prayers. Those who were lost are beyond suffering now.
I wll pray for the goodness in people's hearts to overcome evil. I will pray for World Leaders to seek what is good and not just what will make them more powerful. And I will pray for this great country, the United States of America, to persevere and learn from the past.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  05:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Amen, Prayers for all the families that lost people in 9/11 and prayers for the rest of our country that today will be quite one. Amen.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  08:20:06 AM  Show Profile
Praying for all who lost on this day and later on because of that horrid action. God Bless our country and all countries that stand for liberty and justice against tyrants of all stripe.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  09:09:57 AM  Show Profile
REMEMBERING!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  5:10:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies :). I had a crazy busy weekend. I worked til 6 on Friday but didn't get home til 6:20 b/c I was talking to a co-worker & when I finally did get home, my mom, sister & niece & nephew came along, seriously about 5 minutes after I got home. We went to get supper to bring back here, got the kids fed, bathed then bed. Saturday was a little hectic. I had a cousin's wedding to go to - although why I was the only cousin invited is completely beyond me! - and I was going with a co-worker who knows the bride well. The wedding was nice (although black & orange will forever remind me of Halloween - not a wedding!), the weather was crazy-ridiculous hot & I got to wear my dress that my aunt helped me make. Today was spent trying to keep the kids occupied for a bit before they left. There was a friendly little kitty at the playground across the street that was calling to me...if only I could have a kitty. My nephew was all worried that the cat was homeless & she'd be scared & hungry & lonely...Not sure who she belongs to, but it is definitely a pet! I did my wash after they left & hung it all up to dry, then I re-potted a cactus (can this thing live? Let's hope! My green thumb isn't so good sometimes :( ) & vacuumed floors. I added pictures from my cousin's wedding to the computer, made a disc for my (other) cousin of all the pictures involving her & her family, updated my blog....and then came on here.

I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight. Gotta keep my energy up for these 2 & 3 year olds for the week.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  7:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening ladies! Done with work till next weekend. Looks like they are wanting to upgrade the nursery to a higher level of care. They are asking for volunteers in my department who would like to go through the training, etc. I emailed back my experience and desire to do that. Don't know when they will decide. I signed up for the Pediatric Life Support certification class anyway. It's been awhile since I worked with the critical babies but it's kind of like riding a bike. You never forget. My sinus is getting better. Probably the best medicine for me is the Rhinocort. Don't know if any of you take it but when I have taken it before there were no allergy symptoms, ever. It had cost us $50 a month before and I had stopped taking it. Now it's $30. Hopefully it will cure all my ills again.

Cherime- I don't know if you know of Dick Proenneke (Alone In The Wilderness). That's who I think of when I read your posts. You can watch his videos on youtube. You can find all the different parts or buy it from PBS. The way they condense everything, makes it look like he built everything really fast. We had a great time watching the whole series. Here's one of the links: http://youtu.be/iYJKd0rkKss

Well, ladies, I'm plum tired out. Sorry I didn't have time to mention you all, though I'm having serious thoughts of red hair See you in the morning!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  9:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone. Thank you for your cards,teas, ecards,emails and prayers. I have recouped and will have my first chemo on 9/20.
Going for a heart scan tuesday because the one drug can cause heart muscle damage. Isn't that just what you want to hear! A prechemo counseling session is scheduled too. If you don't die from the cancer they do their best to make sure they scare you to death with all the side effects!LOL! Not looking forward to any of this.

Theresa~received your cute ornament. Thank you.

Bunny~glad your date was good!

Peggy~Happy belated anniversary. Sorry about your MILove.

Angela~Hope your daughter's head is ok now. When is the GBaby due?

Everyone else you are in my thoughts always.

Prayers to you all.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  11:02:56 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, it's good to hear from you. Glad your doing better. Bummer about all the warnings on the Chemo. Hopefully it will just do what it's suppose to do and then go easy on you.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  12:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Darlene, I haven't met you yet, but have heard alot about you, I am glad that you got all of our cards and gifts. I hope you are doing well and as you already know, we are here for you through all of this...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  03:46:51 AM  Show Profile
Theresa, Thank you so much for the adorable knitted stocking ornament. It cheered me up during a very difficult weekend ((9/11) here in NY. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  09:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Darlene...so good to have you on the Porch girlfriend. Have so had you on my mind...but then with having
to deal with MIL's death and making arrangements to go to Spokane for the funeral on Saturday and a Celebration Party afterwards...My mailing something off to you got side-tracked. Will try to get it together next week when I get home. Hubby does not want to go because this is after all my exhusbands mother. BUT my youngest son and his fiance are are taking me. I will also see my sis and mother while I am there. As you know...that is another heart-break to deal with. I guess my sis is so full of morphine that she doesn't make any sense when you try to talk with her. And my mother wants to go to the funeral and celebration party for my MIL and she never even liked the woman (jealousy). But heaven forbid if my mother misses out on what's going on.~

Hope you do great through the Chemo girl and know we are praying that all will go better than you expect!
Did you get one of those hats all decorated up? :+) Love You!

Dianne...so sorry that 9/11 was so hard for you and your family. Those of you in NY were especially devestated because of course you would have known some of those who lost their lives. My heart and prayers are with you. My hubby and I watched almost all of the week long Memorial of 9/11 and I am so glad we did.
I did not find it hard to deal with all over again...I learned a lot of new information and I love the Program they did on The Miracles of 9/11 and The Cross of 9/11 those two episodes really ministered to my heart. People wondered where God was during that time....He was there the entire time...right in the middle
of all the destruction and loss. So many lives were saved when those people all could have easily parished in those buildings. The Love of Our Beloved Father is amazing! But still the grieve and the sadness is not lost on us or Him. It was devestating enough for all of us To Never Forget.

Julie...red hair is only a bottle away from reality! Hee Hee!

Pam...sounds like you need an entire Vacation from your weekend. Wow! Busy Girl! How you got up today and faced all those smiling and crying little faces is more than I can fathom. You must be made from good stock girl!

I have a sinus headache this morning so...some meds...and then back to bed for awhile. I have been typing this post with my eyelids just half open and through a haze.

Later My Porchies...
blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page