Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  5:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies. UGH! The drama I have had to put up with the past couple of weeks. I help put on a tiki event (bands, food) and one of the people who is helping us completely took over and is trying to do it the way he wants it. I finally lost it last night and well, let's say I wasn't very lady like. I was mostly mad at myself for allowing some stupid little speck of dust bother me so bad. So, I finally said, "Save the drama for your mama." and walked away. Otherwise, things are good. We are going to the rodeo this weekend with my dad and a BBQ on Monday.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  8:07:23 PM  Show Profile
"little speck of dust" I love that. I need to remember that the next time someone bugs me:)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  11:16:17 PM  Show Profile
awww Pam you go girl! No speck of dust to take you down! Hope the event was good otherwise. Maybe next year speck of dust won't be invited. Have fun at the rodeo. I have always been a rodeo fan.

Peggy, I'm taking the cow ladies in stride. Just pray my house sells and I get my moving money. I will be able to leave the lousy job behind and get some education. I'm kind of excited to go back to school. Too bad I had to figure it out 35 years later.
Tammy Tea Lady, I got my tea today. Thank you! It was wonderful. It was one of my favorites and I didn't waste anytime enjoying it.
Hope everyone has a great 4th weekend. Not much going on here. I don't know anyone yet. So I'll be celebrating in my sewing room.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  11:24:34 PM  Show Profile
Pam...it doesn't sound like you handled it too badly. Is the Tiki thing over with? Sounds like you have fun plans for the 4th of July.
Larry and I just plan to stay home and keep the dogs from going crazy. It sure is going to be a beautiful weekend for the Jazz Fest and all the of July Events and family gatherings. It finally feels like summer is here doesn't it. I love it! How is the job going????

Lea...that is a good saying to remember huh?

Madame Butterfly...loven the tea...I am sipping it right now. Just what I needed to finish my day. I took the dogs out for a walk tonight.
Bella thinks it's too much like work and Snickers just loves it. They are so funny!

Well, My Lovely Ladies I'm off to read. Chat with you again tomorrow.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When you were the lonely wallflower, Jesus asked you to dance. Be happy, be passionate, Be His!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  06:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh he won't be back next year. We found out he was and has been harassing women at the crawl and at other events so he is gone! Work is really busy, which is good-it keeps the boss out of my hair. I have put out a ton of resumes but nothing yet. My garden is doing great although, I have slugs that I need to get rid of. Mark is in a new band and they are great!

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  07:39:33 AM  Show Profile
Pam, what does play?
Peg, beautiful stuff there.
Bunny, I know several ladies who make a respectable living doing books from home. But they all use a program like Quick Books, etc. That bookkeeper sounds like a really old one.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  07:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
He plays the drums. He teaches the drums/percussion also. He mainly plays in country and jazz bands.

A few years ago, I worked at a place where the bookkeeper still used a pegboard system. I was floored.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  09:59:13 AM  Show Profile
TLTammy....got my tea today.TYTYTY...mmmmmmm....smells like hot cocoa with mini marshmallows....ummmm....what is it? You didn't write it anywhere. Even the mailing envelope smelsl heavenly....I have it here on my desk so that I can stuff my nose down in it every few seconds. hahahaha I like your stationary too. Preeeety!
I hear thunder. 'Spose to rain, maybe storm a little. We've already had sprinkles off and on, with sun in between/85. Cools it off every time it sprinkles.Gotta like that!
Well, have a great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  06:55:08 AM  Show Profile
Pam my DH played guitar and keyboard. My DS plays bass and guitar, mostly rock, and my DSL plays guitar and is a sound recording engineer extraordinaire.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  06:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Wow! What a musical family. How wonderful! I love having music in my life. It lifts my spirits.

Last night I made coconut milk whipped cream. It was so yummy! I'll leave some with you guys, along with strawberries and angel food cake.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  07:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I'm drooling. That DOES look yummy. Coconut milkwhipped cream. Never thought of that. ~yum-yum~
It's gonna be a hot one today. The humidity is 'spose to be almost as high as the temp. At 10Am it's 80/cloudy/some sun....and 79% humidity. UGH!!! "And this too shall pass!" Last night we had a really windy thunder-boomer come thru from 11:30-12. It really rained too. Funny how some storms linger and others just ~zip~ thru. Cooled it down nicely to sleep though! Gotta love that!
I recieved a notice last night that I won one of the Farm-Girl give-a-ways in, "Over the Fence" for a gift basket that has tea in it. **Giggle-Giggle** I'm so tickled! When I signed up I said that "One can always use more tea!" She wrote, "Well, you're getting it!" hahaha It's from the Okie Farm Girl. She's the one who sells the OklahomePastryCloth. I picked "Peach Cordial." I can feel the fuzz on my tongue already. lol
Well Gals, hav a great day!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 03 2011 2:36:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  1:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh Pam...that looks yummie, don't mind if I do. The visual picture makes the virtual food even better! Makes my tummy do cartwheels!

Judy...Congrats on winning the Tea Basket! Peach is one of my favorite teas too. Right now I am sipping my second cup of Teacher Tammy's
chocolate tea. I could bathe in this stuff it smells so fabulous.

Cherime...sounds like you have a very musically talented family. I play nothing! God made me one of the talented listeners...to enjoy all
the Wonderful Talent he gave everyone else. I love music of all genre's. Though Contemporary Christian is my favorite.

Yesterday my youngest son and his girlfriend picked me up and took me to lunch (Sushi) and then to a new Frozen Yogurt place. Yummy! It was one of those serve yourself places...where you choose the kinds of yogurt you want and all the toppings you want and then they weigh
the serving. I think it was like .40 an ounce. For all three of us...and we had the medium dish size it only cost a total of $9.00 which is really good. I had non-fat yogurts but they had a Premium Red Velvet Yogurt that I just had to have a squizzle of and it was to die for. That's why it was soooooo good...it was premium fat and premium calories. LOL! ~ Then we went out house hunting. My son is wanting to purchase a house and stop renting. We looked a four, 3 were fixer uppers...with great potential and one was move in ready and adorable.
It was like a little cottage. I loved it and so did they. It just had really good vibes when you walked in and the back yard had mature fruit trees, beautiful flowers, not to big and not too small, all fenced yard with a nice covered patio. I think they may make an offer on that one...but there is another offer on it too. ~ Then when my hubby got off work we all met at the bookstore for an hour or so and
then headed home. It was a lovely day!

HAPPY FOURTH GIRLS!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When you were the lonely wallflower, Jesus asked you to dance. Be happy, be passionate, Be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  3:03:51 PM  Show Profile
So, Peggy, that WAS chocolate tea. I thought so. Like I said earlier, when I got Tammy's tea, it wasn't marked. BUT ...ahhhh....my nose never lies. It really did smell like hot cocoa w/ marshmellies to me. hahaha I haven't tried it yet.
I went to see my Mama today and didn't she have a meal cooked for me? "Bless her pea-pickin' little heart"(TennesseeErnieFord). She baked chicken, and doctored up some store-bought tatie salad and macaroni salad by adding celery, boiled eggs and more mustard, and we opened a can of tasty BBQ smoked beans and she baked a spice cake and slathered it with butter-cream icing. YumYum!!! She's just full of surprises. She's 83....think I'll keep her close 83 more years. When I tell her that, she just laughs and says, "OK!"
Peg, what do you mean you're just a talented listener and you play nothing....you play the radio don't you? LOL That counts...Yes It Does! *snicker*
Have a great evening Girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  4:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Boy Pam a person can gain weight just looking at that pic!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  10:31:33 AM  Show Profile
Ok...I am drinking my "mystery Tea" from the June "TeaBags" Tea Swap, the one that TLTammy sent me(with no description on it...hahaha still cackling about that one) and I'm in love. What a great chocolate tea. Who-da-thunk!!? Chocolate tea. Amazing! *sip-slurp* ...OK...off to make a second cup. *shakes head and licks lips, not believing how yummy....mumble-mumble.......teehee...toodles...

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile
Judy~ I am laughing out loud reading your post!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  2:02:44 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
It is called Valentine tea and it is chocolate, roses, and strawberries. It is a favorite of mine. It comes from Harney and Sons. Bunny glad you like your tea too. I am just relieved that you are getting your tea in one piece.

Happy 4th. Tomorrow is my anniversary. 20 years. Can't believe that.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  2:05:13 PM  Show Profile
Sister Judy,
You are a crack up. I realized I forgot to write it down in the envelope. But no way I was opening them back up after they had postage on them. Besides seeing you giggle and ohhh and ahh has been worth it. Hehehehehe snickering in my rocking chair.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  7:07:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I hope that everyone is having a good 4th of July with family/friends. Two of my Mom's brothers and their girlfriend and fiancee are here. We went to Summerfest last night, we saw Kid Rock, and now we're having a family barbeque! Hope everyone's well!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessing,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies~
It's been a hot and humid 4th of uly. We went to the boardwalk to the Oceanfest in Long Branch and also fireworks. Tomorrow is DD's appointment witht he neurologist - I am confident that all will go well. Hope everyone had a safe and happy Independence Day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  11:52:24 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY END OF THE FOURTH OF JULY PORCHIES!

We had a wonderful weekend. Gorgeous weather and just loads of family time. It was so nice. Then tonight we watched
some Patriotic 4th of July Celebrations on TV and had real fireworks going on here in our Neighborhood to add to the
authenticity and celebratory mood. Our dogs weren't bothered by the fireworks at all...except I just ran them out for
their last potty trip and Bella freaked out at a loud boom and refused to go. I will have to wait until all the fireworks
are done and run her back out. I will be reading for awhile anyway.

Elaine...praying for DD's neurology appointment tomorrow. Keep us posted please. Sounds like you had a nice day.

Megan...glad you got family time today too. That's what the fourth should always be about. Family, Country, and lots of good food.

Judy...you are so funny girl. You always give us lots of giggles with those french squizzles of yours. You made the tea
even more enjoyable by making it a mystery tea that smelled like chocolate and mini-marshmellows. I pictured myself drinking
a cup of smores. lol

Pam...hope you had a great time with your dad, honey. Did Mark have the day off or did he have to play some where? Did you guys
make it down to the Blues Fest. at all? Looks like they had big crowds every day.

Bunny...I am so glad that you can now focus on going back to school. Awesome! What do you want to be when you grow-up? lol

Well, I am off to help Lady Julia Gray solve her murder mystery. Except no one has been killed yet and I am half way through the
book. Maybe tonight. A fourth of July Murder...how exciting. I say, it was Mrs. Peacock in the Library with the Candlestick.

Good Night My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 05 2011 08:05:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  06:26:49 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porch SIsters,
I remember posting here a few weeks ago that I looked forward to being around more, well.... best laid plans etc.
Just wanted to give a shout out and say I'm still around.
Things have gone sort of haywire around here (again). My DH's "perfect" job was not so perfect and they dropped him 2 months into his 3 month probationary period, out of the blue. We just both are very confused and a bit bruised by the whole situation. I guess you could say, I've been inside licking my wounds and just didn't have the energy to come to the porch or too many other places for that matter.
We've been busy with many other things, too.
My alternator is dying in my blazer.
My home computer is infected and won't open.
Our septic system is acting weird and we may need to replace it.
Major changes are happening at work...
SO, I feel mentally and emotionally exhausted.

But there are blessings, too.
My BF's daughter got married so I made another wedding cake and helped with the reception.
My sweet kids went on a missions trip to Kentucky and had a wonderful time.
My honey was only off for a week before he found work with his cousin who owns a very successful siding/roofing business and is losing a few guys. My honey worked for him when he was fresh out of high school so he knows what to do. My DS may even be able to go to work for him, too.
Anyhow, I wanted to let you know I'm here and thinking of you all. Hopefully when I get the computer issue fixed at home I really will be able to come and sit in the glider with you all like I want to.
Oh, Thank you Tammy for the tea!
And I haven't forgotten about the ornaments for July - if I'm not mistaken it's my month.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jul 05 2011 06:28:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  06:30:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Staci -

Sorry to hear about all the issues at your place - darn..................

Seems like everything happens at once. I'm glad hubby has another job - hopefully this will work out well for him.

Hope everyone's 4th was fun and relaxing.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  12:13:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy-Sue....those books sound right up my alley. Tell me more and also, can I get them on my Kindle?
You sound like my hubby when he asks,"Was anybody killed yet?" Also, he wants to know why Angela Langsbury never gets hurt on any of her shows, "Murder She Wrote." I always say, "Hush...she's the star. Then one episode last week had her arm in a sling.I asked, "Well, Happy now? LOL I have all her shows in my queue on Netflix. She and Colombo are my old-fashion, Who-Done-It favs! Love the oldies!
Staci Dear, I'm so glad that when the doors slammed shut, God opened some windows for you all! Praise His name!! We sure don't understand all the "Whys&Wherefores," but God knows and He takes care of us! Where would we be without Him? I shudder to think!
Make it a Great Day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  12:30:40 PM  Show Profile
I just started watching the Columbo series on Netflix, too. I like those old shows because they are pretty mild on violence. Too much smoking, though. Just working on an afghan today. I watched the verdict in the Anthony trial. I wasn't surprised.

I hope everyone has a great day and things go your way.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page