Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  10:37:32 AM  Show Profile
I have the list...sweet angela emailed the list...oh bless her sweet heart...she has saved the day and made me want to hug her so badly if I could.

Tea will be in mail tomorrow.
love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  11:56:32 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Bunny! Have a wonderful day.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  1:26:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey...who was June's ornament exchange person. Haven't received anything yet and was
just curious. We don't want to break our perfect cycle follow through!

I know I have the July Tea Swap...and I have already got it pretty much together on
that.

I am doing terrible on birthdays though and I apologize girls. I just missed my
MIL's (from my first Marriage) birthday on Monday...so, got a belated card out to
her today. I am just Birthday Brain Dead, I guess.

Hugs and smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  2:30:01 PM  Show Profile
OK....glad you gals got the "TeaBags" tea swap figured out. I've been in & out doing laundry and hanging it out all day and didn't get back on here til now. We have a great sunny/breezy/77 day so I've been taking advantage of it.
TLTammy, been wondering when we'd see your tea this month. I'm all excited to get it because you have such a knack for "everything tea." Can hardly wait.
Well, back out to check last load of drying clothes.
Have a great evening Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  2:50:44 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I put your tea in the mail this afternoon. Some of you are getting English Breakfast from Harney and sons and some of you are getting Valentine's from Harney and Sons. I wrapped them in baggies so if there is a spill hopefully no one will be asked to come and identify at the post office and I won't get put on the No Mail Zone List..heheh I wanted to do more but this month has been a zoo at my house so I hope yall won't be disappointed. I love you so dearly ladies.

I wish Judy it was 77 here. We are about to be hit with sweltering heat and today it is definitely hotter. so enjoy that 77.

Elaine I will continue to pray for your daughter.

Well ladies I am off to relax with a book. Now that I have accomplished something today.

Love and hugs
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  4:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, Happy, Happy Birthday!

Life sure has dealt many harsh blows to us but with each other's help and God, we'll make it. This forum has held all of us up and I know that it will continue to do so. Sure wish I could give you all a big hug in person. Can you imagine what a fun party we would all have if we got together?

Love, positive vibes and prayers to all of the sisters.

Nancy B.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  4:44:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Boy, I miss a couple of days and there are pages and pages to catch up on. (hahahaha) Been working in the garden (now that it is drying out). Water Aerobics every morning is really helping my hip and legs. Only wish I had started it years ago. Hind site, as usual, is 20/20.

Smiley: Welcome. This is one great bunch of gals. You will love it here.

Farm Dream: You will love knitting socks. They are like potato chips... can't just knit one pair. Please beware of the single sock syndrome. One of the reasons I like to knit socks is because they are small and are easy to take with you no matter where you are going. I actually have a friend that knits them while she is walking around or standing in line. Any way, you will love doing it.

Angela: Sending a bubble of prayers your way to cover you with blessings.

Elaine: Sending a bubble of prayers your way also to cover you with blessings. Loved your pictures and I agree with everyone else here. Don't tell a lady that something won't fit in the car. We have a magical way of getting things done. You go girl!!!!!

Janet: Sending a bubble of prayers your way too to cover you with blessings.

Bunny: Happy belated Birthday to you farm sister.

Judy: Happy belated anniversary to you. Sorry to hear about your DH "Hole in One" and all of your car troubles.

PeggyAnn: Hope your knee is better. I'm not much of a shopper, except for fabric stores and book stores. But I do know what you mean about rushing around. I try to get it all done in one day so I don't have to go back out for a month. I know, that is awful!!! A long long time ago, I put my stuff in a shop to sell and it did pretty good but then I found I didn't enjoy doing it as much. So for now, I will just let it be my hobby. I really love Marie Bostwicks books. Have you tried the "Elm Creek Quilt" Series? It is by Jennifer Chigverini. I have read the whole series and they are very very good also.

Well, DH just walked in the door so I best be off to fix him dinner.

Talk with ya all soon.

Hugs

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  5:29:20 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
just wanted to wish all a HAPPY 4TH
been working/training for my new job and its
going to be fun..not really liking my new Supervisor
shes abit condensending..and alittle rude..but i won't
see her very much so i can deal with it..
Bunny Happy birthday!!
prayers for all in need..hope you all have a great weeknend
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  5:31:25 PM  Show Profile

Thought you might like to see what I made with all my heart shaped yoyo's that I hosted a swap for. I used all the hearts the gals sent
me to surround one of my favorite cards of a woman sitting on her porch reading and day dreaming. On the back I put each Farmgirls name and address that contributed to my heart art piece. Iam delighted how it turned out...it just speaks Farmgirl love, don't you think?

Theresa...I will for sure check out that other series of books. I have never read them. I am always looking for a good read and a series
is even better.

Teacher Tammy...looking forward to your tea. And what are you reading these days?

Nancy...Life is Tough and God is Good but there is nothing like a Farmgirl (like God with skin on) who can laugh, cry, pray and even
commiserate with you. I love each of you Ladies. It was like God hand-picked you just for me (and each other, don't you think?)

Well, off to think about dinner, to knit and to read.

Big, Big, Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 29 2011 5:49:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  5:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Happy birthday Bunny! Yahoo! It's your birthday! Get funky! Whoop! Whoop!

Peggy-I just love heart yo-you wreath. So pretty!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  6:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Wow, thanks so much for the birthday wishes.. I'm terrible at birthdays. I guess I better get on the wagon from now on.
My sewing class ended early today. It was suppose to go 4 days but they got both projects done and an extra one I brought just in case. Everyone was done by the end of the third day. They all had fun and plan to put them in the fair.
Boss lady still didn't have paycheck right. She had a scrap of paper with all the deductions on it and one was wrong. I asked her if she had a check for me and she just looked down and kind of ignored me.. I said I would be back on Friday... we will see.

Peggy, I love your wreath! what a great way to use all those yo yo's.

Tammy, looking forward to the tea!

Not sure who was the ornament person for last month but I didn't get one. Hope everything is ok. Not sure who was on the list.

Well, time to head for my birthday dinner with mom.

later porchies, have a wonderful night.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  9:02:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies. I'm the ornament swap person for June. I've got one more to make and I'll be gettin them out this weekend. I forgot about it till last week. I'm hurryin to finish and get them out. Sorry it is so late.

I still need addresses.

I'm gonna get to bed so I can get things finished up tomorrow! See ya all later!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  9:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy...that is Beee-uuu-teee-ful. Nice job. I love all the colors.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  11:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Well, I didn't even get an interview for the librarian assistant job. But that means I'll have time to go to college full time. Assuming I can get enough financial aid. On to plan .... oh I think I'm on like plan p or something..
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  11:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Am I the July person for the ornament swap?! I know I had a summer month, but I forgot whether or not it was July or August.
Elaine, prayers sent for your daughter. What a scary ordeal.
Theresa, so good to see you here!
Peggy, your wreath is so cute!
Bunny, Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a fabulous day, and I hope that your job situation looks up soon:)
Today was my last day of babysitting for the week. I took my two oldest cousins to TJ Maxx. It was a nice outing for the three of us. I was able to buy a really cute skirt and I bought my girl cousin a swimsuit. She really is like my little sister. I love her to pieces! Lol, on a different note, tomorrow my Mom and I are preparing for the arrival of two of my uncles and their respective girlfriend/fiancee. I'm so excited! We're going to Summerfest this weekend, and we're going to be swimming during the day. So we have to finish preparing the house for four extra people! I hope everyone has a good day!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  11:58:46 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - If we move to ND we would have to find new jobs. If my job isn't extended by August they'd be eliminating all the positions across the whole US anyway. It's a little scary to say the least but exciting too. We are pretty excited that my youngest son is thinking about relocating with us. I joked we'd have to work on my daughter and her fiance next about coming with us. Her fiance has been layed off for over four months now. My oldest son, who is in the Army in Afghanistan at the moment, said he'd probably join us when he gets out. There's just nothing here to come back to. Depending on who is talking, unemployment in the Detroit area is still anywhere from 19%-23%.

Theresa - totally agree with you regarding sock knitting being like potato chips and everybody comes out of the woodwork wanting a pair. I don't know how many people have made fun of me for knitting socks and then turned around and asked when they were going to get their pair LOL

My 5 yr anniversary for my job was the 24th so today for some reason I decided to see if they'd updated my vacation time on my timecard. To my huge surprise I've received an extra week of vacation time :O) Since I'm in a contract position, I didn't think I'd get this until I'd been with this particular company (second one that's had this contract since I started) for 5 years. It was a really nice discovery for the day.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  1:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies~
My DD has been looking better everyday. She still has a headache but managed to put on her big girl panties and went in to take a final exam for an education class at school. I really have to give her alot of credit for doing that. Like I said before, I will feel much better after the neurologist sees her on the 5th.
Since I've been spending some time inside I have been able to totally declutter my craft room. When I get nervous or antsy I clean - so right after this happened to DD I cleaned like a whirling dervish. My room looks so much better for it.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day so I think we will head to the beach. We've been at the boardwalk every evening for a little walk - it is so pretty.
That's all for now - I am leaving some frozen strawberry lemonade on the porch - have some!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  3:18:49 PM  Show Profile
wow Peggy! What a gorgeous heart. You're very creative.

Theresa- One day I will knit a sock. Right now I'm working on an afghan and that will take me till...oh, January I guess.

Only have a couple of minutes. Gotta pick up DD at a playdate and then time for dinner. Made an organic lemon cake with lemon buttercream frosting. I also made the butter that's in the frosting. I'll leave it here on the porch for you to enjoy. Have a great day everyone!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  09:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Elaine, glad DD is doing better. headache sounds scary though. Hope the day at the beach was nice.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  09:34:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh, computer... you are being such a pain today. It skipped and hiccuped and posted my last comment before I was done! excuse me!
Anyway, as I was saying,,
Theresa, knitting socks is on my bucket list. I need a sit down someone looking over my shoulder class to learn how. They just seem so down to earth useful.

Tammy, starting all over in ND sounds scary. At least you won't be doing it alone. Why ND? Do you have family there? Kinda up in the boonies. I hope it works out for you.

Finally got my paycheck from boss lady. Her bookkeeper has a bee up her .... well you know .. about me being tax exempt because I don't make any money and haven't for a few years. She wouldn't figure my paycheck with it. I had to tell her it wasn't her call. I could do what ever I wanted and it was my responsibility at the end of the year. She said she had to follow the law.. so my paycheck stubs? They were hand written on scraps of paper. By law I'm suppose to get a pay stub. She said scraps of paper were all she was required to do. I told her I would submit a new w-2 and by law she had to follow it. We will see. But for some reason on my last paycheck she doubled the fed withholding from the first pay check. Why... don't know. But it's money I can't have until I do my taxes next year. Crappy boss... crappy bookkeeper. Should have known. I'm sure they are friends.

Anyway, hopefully today I will be able to get actual work done without getting ticked off about stuff in my life.
Peggy, I'm hoping to make your pincushion today. Plus it looks like I'll have all next week off. I'm actually glad not to have a sewing class. I have plenty of work here.

Later everyone, have a wonderful day.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  10:01:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi my sweet porch sisters,
It is a warm day here in Nebraska! Oh my is the heat on! But I do get out when the sun goes down. I need to be outside I guess. Gotta check on my flowrs and things.

Peggy loved your yo-yos. You are a creative lady. I am ready Life is A Beach right now. Just started it.

Elaine glad to hear you daughter is doing better. I will continue to pray.

Bunny hope you had a nice birthday.

Well time for some lunch. I am starved!
love and hugs to you all
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  11:36:21 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - There's no call for the way your employer and her bookkeeper are acting. That's just being nasty for nastiness's sake. I've never heard of anybody using handwritten payment stubs before. As easy as it is to do electronic bookkeeping it's unbelievable that she couldn't have printed out a pay stub. Maybe if they'd use an electronic bookkeeping system they wouldn't have such a problem figuring out your paystubs lol. As for why we're considering ND. No, we don't have any family there. What draws us is that unemployment is currently 1.25%, lack of crime, large open areas, and the lack of people. We also like the fact that the banking system is state run, not federally run. We're both beginning to feel clausterphobic living in such a densely populated area and would like to get some land for a small farm. Unemployment in the Metro Detroit area is still anywhere from 19-23% with some claiming it to be over 30% if you include the people who are underemployed or who have given up. I guess it boils down to the fact that we'd like a fresh start and think we might get it in ND.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  4:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...got your tea today and looking forward to a "cuppa" with my reading tonight.Thank You Madame Butterfly (and just so you know...the plastic bag was the perfect solution). :+) Right now I am reading the "Lady Julia Grey" series. I think I got all three books either free or a very discounted rate on my Kindle. They are like a late 1800's England Mystery Series. I quite like that sort of thing for a change-up on my reading. They are very much like the Rhys Bowen Mysteries if you have ever read her stuff. If not check them out...they are fun reads. Also the books Teresa and I have been chatting about are great too!

Bunny...small town USA, is the problem girlfriend. That kind of stuff would never happen in a City...but you are where you are...and so
you will have to get use to their hicksville attitude. You get a lot of pluses living in a small rural area (I live in one too) and you
get a lot of minuses. And one of the minuses is they think and act like they are still doing business in the same ways Ma and Pa did them. I call towns like that "Cow Towns" because they are still caught up in the ways of the past. Nice "slowed-down" living pace...which is what I love about where I live...but they need to go to the City once in awhile to see what is really going on in the World around them. Don't get me wrong there is good in both life styles but change comes slowly to the rural communities. The fact that they don't do their their book-keeping on a computer tells you a lot about their priorities in business or lack there of. Sorry, for you that they don't get it! They probably look at you like the "Miss Know it All" from California. LOL Also, in small communities like that...You are a nobody if you aren't a "LOCAL". You are an 'Outsider' (and it doesn't matter that your mama is a local) and you will probably always be treated that way. I have lived in both worlds. Love them both for their pros, dislike them both for their negatives. But it keeps life from ever getting dull and boring! haha

RFM Tammy...those are really great reason to relocate! Wow, I didn't think anyone had that low of unemployment in this Country at the moment. That is fantastic. My kids that now live in Seattle again...moved from Grand Rapids Michigan...for very similar reasons. GR is dying on the vine(their entire down town area is just empty building after empty building) and they have one of the highest unemployment rates in the Country. My son while living in GR still worked for his Seattle based Company and it was a good thing he did because he could not find employement there at all. One advantage of the Seattle and Portland Markets is that they are cutting edge markets in Technology. And getting a job is more about "Who" you know and IF you are computer savy, not...IF you have a degree from somewhere. In Michigan it was just the opposite. They didn't care if you had worked in a certain field for 10 years and had the expertise...if you didn't have the degree from somewhere...they didn't care what you knew...they wouldn't even talk to you. It was strange...and for that reason I could see why there city was was drying up like a wandering tumble weed. Yet, Michigan offered a lot for good family living, beautiful homes at low to moderate prices and it is a very pretty state too. In Tough Times though...people have to go where the work is. Just about the time my son was ready to leave Michigan...his Co. wanted him back in the Pacific Northwest to launch some new projects that he really couldn't do from a distance. The timing was perfect and a real God thing.

Ok....sorry I got off on the "Yellows Brick Road" there.lol

I will be back on to check with everyone later...

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

When you were the lonely wallflower, Jesus asked you to dance. Be happy, be passionate, Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 01 2011 4:34:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  4:37:57 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I agree with you on the small town stuff. However, the bookkeeper is in Spokane Washington. No small town there. She should know better. I think she does this as a side job. ... I'm thinking I'll take some accounting classes at the college. I could do a better job for sure. Would be a good work at home job.

Tammy, I really hope moving is good for you. Get a big enough piece of land and I may sneak a tiny house on the back 40 before you know it. HA! But I hope it works for you. It sounds like a great opportunity.

Thought I was going to do some sewing today. But I have been in front of my computer writing quilting directions all day. I wish I knew Word program better. Two steps forward and one step back. But I'm getting there.

Later,
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  4:55:07 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...I am from Spokane, believe me girl...it is still a "Cow Town"! It just thinks it's a City...not true! All my family
still lives there. It's a nice place to be from. Ha Ha! I lived there 30 years...and it hasn't changed since I left 26 yrs ago.

Love ya,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

When you were the lonely wallflower, Jesus asked you to dance. Be happy, be passionate, Be His!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page