Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  12:45:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie, Ya, we watch Mission Impossible too and noticed how popular smoking was. I guess that was BIG back then. I wonder how many of them died from cigarrettes?/!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 05 2011 12:46:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  1:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Julie...I think the verdict is a travisty of Justice! So sad! But God is the final judge and jury and it is in his hands.

Judy...those books were either free on Kindle or very cheap...They are set in the late 1800's. Kind of like reading Pride
and Prejudice in Mystery Form. Type in The Lady Julia Grey Bundle; it is a set of 3 books. They are written by Deanna Raybourn.
I am on book two right now. I have to read other books in between each of these books or else I would feel bogged down in that
era of time. I aslo loved Murder She Wrote (you can get those in book form too) and Columbo too. I think I have seen them all
many times.

Stacie...glad to hear from you. Man o'man girl...what life can't throw at you, huh? Well, I am glad hubby got another job much
more quickly this time. PTL for that! Hope you are coming out from under that gray cloud and seeing sunnier days ahead. It does
seem like sometimes Life is a de'luge and you are just running to find shelter from the Storm. It will get better now...it can't
get any worse. Hang in there farmgirl...you are made out of tough stuff!

Well...I will check back later and see what's up.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  3:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies~
We have had another beautiful day here at the Jersey Shore. Unfortunately I spent most of it inside. Today was my DD's neurologist appoinment. We have to go tomorrow for her to have an EEG (no big deal) and soon to have an MRI of her brain. She can't drive until this is all settled and she is taking another class this summer. Thank God the university is only 5 minutes from my house so I can bring her and pick her up. I will just be happy when all the testing is done and they tell me that my baby is OK. On another note, I just found out there is a job opening at the school where I hve been subbing and I have applied....so if everyone could just say an extra praye for me I would really appreciate it.

Staci - sorry to hear about all the problems. I'll be praying for you.

Does an one remember Jack Klugman in the "Quincy" series - I really used to love that show. hey had pretty much cut out the tv smoking by then!

Well that's all for now ladies - have a relaxing evening.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  4:09:31 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- I absolutely agree. I could never be on a jury. I didn't follow any of the media circus for the last 3 years and only listened to the closing arguments. I think there must be some seriously dysfunctional things going on in that family. But in the end God is the final judge and I will respect the jury's decision.

Elaine- I remember watching Quincy when it first came on t.v. Loved it!

Julie

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  7:08:58 PM  Show Profile
I watched Quincy when it first came out....don't remember watching all the seasons though....hmmmmm
...but I looked it up on Netflix and I'm going to start watching it again! ;)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  7:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Staci, I'm sorry that things have been hard, but glad that there are blessings in your life as well:)
Elaine, I hope you get the job at that school!
Today I hung out with one of my friends. Then tomorrow I babysit! I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  08:58:21 AM  Show Profile
Staci, Lordy, Lordy! Girl, what a whirlwind of a time. Blessings on you dear.

Elaine, praying for your DD and please pray for my DD as that miserable diabetes drags her down so and that job she has is a misery.

Peg, sitting on a jury is a hard thing. I have to go in but no one is going to pick me guar-on-teed as they say in Louisiana. Working in a law office I have too many preconceived opinions and “could not possibly be objective”. My experiences with the law crowd here in AK have not been particularly good. I have watched the boys grab hold of a theory and make every bit of evidence they found fit that theory one way or another. Remember LA Law? A lot of people up here apparently watched a lot of it and think that way.

Valentine tea sounds interesting.

Bunny, what are you thinking of taking in school?

Judy, I like mystery books. I have looked at a Kindle but look is the operative word here. I just feel more comfortable with books. I have decided that my local library needs support so got a new card and have been using it.

I finished my new bathroom sink cabinet, my first real piece of furniture from scratch. Turned out pretty descent. Before I could either stain or finish it I had to clean the shop. Too much dust and sawdust. I can’t do too much about the dust as one half of the shop floor is dirt but I was able to clean it out top to bottom and got a lot of garbage out. I probably will be among the missing for a bit as I get ready for my trip. Big hugs to all. See you next moon phase. ;-)

Gods blessings on one and all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  6:52:29 PM  Show Profile
Cherime,

My mom is the same exact way about jury duty-and they call her, I swear, every couple years! I'm having a BUSY week. I'm watching the office for my old coworkers while they're out of town, which means taking my 5 month old DD everywhere with me...I had a diaper class tonight that kept me out late, tomorrow I have a neurologist appt, Friday I have grocery shopping, saturday is the pancake breakfast @ church, then spending the night at some friends, picking up a new fridge and my jetski I loaned out...it's enough to make me pull my hair out! I need to just sit on my porch swing with some water and relax!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  9:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone. It's been a bit hot here. A little over 90 but dry. Thankfully the air works great. 4th of July was very noisy here. I'm use to the forest and quiet. My kitties did not like all the ruckus. Alex my big orange cat had to make kittie dough at least 3 times to calm himself down. Every time there was a loud bang he would growl and run off. I've been doing lots of sewing. Looks like I'm going to do a fabric die cut service. So I have been making a sampler with some of the cool ones. I still have to make binders with all the dies and a form for customers to fill out. I hope it gets me a little extra money.
I got a call from boss lady's bookkeeper. Seems she did a little research and found out I was right. She does have to give me an actual pay stub and said if I fill out the w-2's again, she will do them right this time.
I've decided I need to take Spanish, some computer classes and work toward an Accounting AA. Everyone needs a bookkeeper and someone to do payroll. All the jobs I have applied for have emphasized requiring Spanish. Kinda ticks me off that I need to speak a foreign language to get a job in America but...that's what it is.
I've been taking a yoga class. The first day kicked my you know what. Last night wasn't so bad. It was hot so she was easy on us. I feel pretty good that I'll keep it up. I'm able to do most of the poses.. not too great on the balancing stuff, but boy I learned I'm a pretty good pretzel.

Staci, I hope you are able to get ahead of all the house traumas. I lived out in the woods by my self and when something went wrong, I had to wait until my son could come up and fix it. Spent a few winter days and nights without heat or water. Living in the city does have some advantages.

Peggy, I finished your pincushion. I'll send a picture soon. I just have to find something to mail it in and figure out shipping. Shouldn't be too much. One of my favorite mystery authors when I was younger was Victoria Holt. You should check her out. The basic story was pretty much the same.. single woman, takes care of older person with young man around..someone is trying to kill her, she thinks its the guy but he turns out to be the savior. I loved them all anyway.

Elaine, I'll say a prayer for your DD. I hope all comes out well. It must be stressful for you both wondering what happened. Good luck with the job. I'm sure if you have been subbing, they will give you a chance.

Anyway, off to bed.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  12:02:27 AM  Show Profile
Megan...I loved the picture of your Four Generations on Your Blog. Lovely to have that!

Cherime...I have sat on two juries myself and been called about 4 other times. Couldn't do those
because of health reasons. But I don't blame the Juries...they do their jobs to the best of the
evidence presented to them.

Bunny...I heard it was really hot in the Dalles the last few days. And I am glad to hear that the
book-keeper finally got it together on your pay stubs. Three Cheers for the Cow Town Lady!~ lol
Hey, can't wait to see the pincushion! Also, I have a very belated birthday gift to send out to you.
I have never read any of Victoria Holts books...I will have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up
on them. I am always looking for good book recommedations.

It has been a long hot day and so I am off to bed to read.

Tomorrow Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  08:14:03 AM  Show Profile
WWCMegan...loved your pics too. My fav was the closeup of Baby&Grandma and their "Hands." Precious!
We are 87/breezy/clouds&sun at 11AM. Spose to get really hot/humid again today. I was out harvesting chamomile at 9PM last night and still dripping sweat/swatting at skeeters and looking over my shoulder for that MountainLion! Did you Gals see that in the news? A cougar was spotted by a couple of different people just outside of Louisville, our town. Nobody knows where it came from. Creepy!
Well, gotta grocery shop and maybe take Mama for ice cream at Taggart's! We love that place. Home of the bittner. Yum!
LaterGators.....or should I say Cougars!/? LOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 07 2011 3:47:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  08:53:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies,
How you be this beautiful morning? Good I hope. Just thought I would pop in before my day got busy cleaning house, paying bills, and getting organized for Relay for Life tomorrow night.

Hubby and I spent a quiet anniversary together on Tuesday. Went to lunch, did a bit of shopping, and then quiet dinner together to celebrate 20 years together.

The boys are showing their animals this weekend in a 4-H show and my dear sweet grandson is going to come spend some time with us. Looking forward to that. We haven't seen him in quite a while.

I have been starting to plan my classroom for new set of butterflies and getting things organized so I can get a head start on preparing for the new school year. Yikes, I can't believe I am saying that already. Around here after the 4th you start seeing school supplies coming out.

Well my dear dryer is calling my name, so I best skedaddle for now.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  11:25:50 AM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon Porchies~

We hada heck of a storm here yesterday - the lightning was terrific. Bit of funny news - one of the chimps got loose from Six Flags Great Adventure and was wandering all over the county yesterday. Good news - he is back "home".

Yesterday DD had her EEG and Monday she will have her MRI (all of this in between her classes) then we go back to see the neurologist the following Monday. I figure no news is good news.
Hope you are all relaxing and "chilling" out.

I hear my sewing machine calling me....

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  2:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Staci-I'm thinking of you lady. Sorry you are having life throw crazy stuff at you.

The rodeo was so much fun. We didn't make it to the Blues Festival-too many annoying people. LOL! Mark usually plays it, but not this year.

I am never picked for jury duty. As soon as they find out what I do for a living. I get dismissed.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  2:47:29 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies. I've spent my day cleaning up and baking. I baked some fresh bread (like someone would bake old bread, ha ha), and now I have Paula Dean's banana bread in the oven. I added pecans, oatmeal, and chocolate chips to it.

The last 2 days I have had most of my meals by juicing. Sort of a detox. I'm not quite ready to do a juice fast but I think I will do one with hubby soon. They are extremely healthy for getting micronutrients.

DH went to the doctor yesterday because he was feeling real bad. They said he had pneumonia. There's been some questions as to whether he has fibromyalgia, also. I think they are pretty sure that he has it. So far it doesn't interfere too much with our life. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse.

Just waiting for DH to get home with his other daughter for a long weekend visit. Going to sit on the porch and drink some lemonade.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  7:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Girls! Finally a break and just as a storm is moving in. So I guess I will have to make it a short visit. The kiddos went to stay the night at grandma's house. So it's super quiet, except for the rolling thunder. As always it has been super busy and kinda even a little crazy around here. We went to honey's to celebrate the 4th. His family has a reunion every year that spans the whole holiday weekend. This was the first time my kids have been able to go. They were able to reschedule their weekend with their dad so they could come with me. We spent the entire day with family Sunday and had a great time. Well minus the van breaking down. Dern alternator decided to go poof. DF's pop charged my battery, put a spare battery in the back df's truck and df followed us home. We made it just fine. Last night honey came downand put the new part on, even though he was dog tired from working all day and had to go back in this morning early. We had a little help though. We were down to putting the belt back on and my neighbor and BIL showed up. They helped finish it up and I am on the road again!

Oooo that bad momma cat! Our mama had her babies this past Sunday. Do you believe that in this storm she bailed out and left those babies under a bush in the flower bed?! They were just a crying and trying to look for her. I know I probably shouldn't have touched them, but I'm not about to let them get soaked and die. I took a towel out and dried them off the best I could and laid another towel under the bench on the porch for them to curl up on in the dry. And do you believe she's mad at me? She's looking at me like I'm the one trying to hurt them. Hallie said she counted 7 babies the day they were born. She and Caitie counted earlier and there were only 6 and now I was only able to find 5. That bad cat!

Well girlfriends it's about time for bed. I'm praying for all you and sending lots of hugs your way!
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  8:04:30 PM  Show Profile
It's been quite awhile since I was last on here....I kind of miss it! Just wanted to pop in & say "hi" to everyone....I need to go to bed now since I have to get up early in the morning for work....but I'll be back!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  8:26:44 PM  Show Profile
evneing porchies
hope all of you are doing well been busy busy busy
new job and all..
prayers and hugs
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  10:46:42 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening porch ladies. I've been working all day on my Xmas Ornaments for our exchange. I can't remember what month I am so I figured I should get them done now so I won't mess it all up. It was nice to spend the day in my sewing room doing something I wanted to do for fun. Boss lady came by with dinner and picked out a bunch of fabric to buy for her shop. She is trying to "be friends". I'm doing my best to make nice. At least she is trying. Not much else going on. The weather today was awesome. Worked all day in the sewing room.

Julie, that banana bread sounds too good! I would probably eat it all myself. Sorry about DH feeling poorly. Fibromyalgia isn't fun but can be managed. It takes awhile to know when it's acting up and what to do.

Melanie, glad you got your van back on the road. Car troubles are the worst! Sometimes I wish we could just go back to horses.. but then they have issues too. Too bad about momma cat. Nature can be mean sometimes. Hopefully the remaining 5 will make it ok.

Not much else to say... time for bed.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  12:09:57 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...you are down for Oct in the Ornament Swap.

Staci...you are down for July.

Angela...was down for June.

Hope that helps. I am The July "Tea Bag" Lady. I have them all ready to go but the addressing and stamping.

Pam...my girl, I can see why you would never get picked for Jury Duty. Heehee!

Julie...oh, that bread sounds mighty delish. Nothing worse on my poor body than yummy breads. I could just devoure
an entire loaf by myself. Especially if you are adding Chocolate to it.

Judy...do you make your own chamomile tea?

Elaine...hopefully DD will be just fine and it was just a freak siesure.

Teacher Tammy...do you really have to think about school again so soon? Poor lady can't you go wrap yourself
in a cacoon for awhile and relax?

Melanie...momma cat doesn't sound like she is a very good mommie. Is she just hiding the kitties so people will
leave them alone? That is a big litter of kitties for one cat. She will wear herself out hiding them all. lol

Angel Pam...come back when you can stay longer and visit.

Debi...don't let that new job keep you so busy that you can't come to the Porch and Play!

Well, I have two books calling my name tonight. Does anyone else besides me read two or three books at a time?
They all have to be completely different from one another or I get story lines messed up in my head...but I
have read this way for so long...I don't know any other way. Ha Ha!

Good Night Porchies...I am leaving you all some Pecan Roasted Coffee tonight along with some Rhuebarb Crisp. Enjoy!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  05:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning everyone! I'm soooo sleepy. I'm so glad it is Friday. I think I'm going to try to do as little as possible this weekend. I'm not sure how well that plan will work. LOL

Teacher Tammy~ I almost forgot- thank you so much for the yummy smelling tea.

Bunny~ I hope you are getting things lined out with the boss lady. :)

Peggy~ I don't know about that crazy cat. I want to hope she was in the process on moving them, but I don't know. The flower bed where she left them last night is where she had them Sunday morning. I thought it was just super weird for her have them out in the open like that anyway. Well we had a doozy of a storm move through this past Sunday afternoon and you know she didn't even them for that one and they were only hours old. She even lets the dogs come right up to the babies and sniff, but won't let Taco, our other cat, around them. Oh and she hates the dogs. I don't know, but right now she's sitting under the van watching the porch where I put them. But some cats aren't very good mommies, hopefully she gets better.

Well gals, today I have a few hours of work. Then I'm going to come home and help DS finish packing for boy scout camp. I can't believe it's time to send him all ready. He will be gone for a whole week. I'm so nervous. He's never been that far from home (probably a 2-3 hour drive away) and for a whole week! Oh and it doesn't help that his leader told me that most of the time he's at camp he won't even be with the other boys in his troop. Somehow his classes didn't work out with the other boys' classes. But the troop leader said he will try to check in on Matt more and make sure he's not having any problems. I just keep telling myself everything is going to be fine and he's going to have a great time and make loads of new friends.

Oh well poo it's time to go to work. I'll see you all later!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  08:43:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Today is our Relay for Life so I will be busy this afternoon with my team getting ready and then the relay is from 7 tonight until 7 tomorrow morning. I am walking in honor of my dear sister in law who has been gone for almost 4 years now.

It is a beautiful day here too. A bit hot but should be great for walking and having fun.

Well left yall some strawberry tea and scones. Enjoy.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  10:15:46 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, thanks for the ornament info.. Ornaments for October.. I'll remember now.

Melanie, I'm sure you son will have a great time at camp. My older son was in Boy Scouts and the same thing happened to him. He had a great time anyway. Met lots of new kids. Maybe you could fix up a dark box for momma and babies with an old blanket. Is she wild or does she come inside and visit? Maybe putting together a dark safe place on the porch will inspire her to do something.

Tammy, have fun at your Relay for Life event. I don't think there is a person alive that hasn't lost someone to cancer. Hopefully someday they will really be able to cure it without all the horrible drugs involved.

I just broke down and bought myself a kindle. I got some money from my Aunt for my birthday and with Boss lady buying some fabric I figured I would treat myself. I can't wait!
My mom called the city to see if they would cut down the big tree outside. It is a really nice big tree that is the only shade for the house. She said it drops little branches all over and she keeps having to pick them up.. NOT! I know that because she complained that when my nephew mows the lawn he mows over the branches.. humm... anyway, the city said it was a nice healthy tree and it didn't need to come down.. so there! Got my way!

Well, off to the sewing room for more fun and work.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  4:47:41 PM  Show Profile
Peggy...Yes, as a matter of fact, I do make my own Chamomile tea, and spearmint tea too...and if you mix the two...*moans* ....it's the best ... even over ice! Yum!
Mel....I found a kitten under my neighbors bushes laast summer. It was right before a thunder-storm My cat, Rascal, heard it bawling and I went to the window to see where the squawling was coming from. I went out and got it and brought it in and kept it in a box until the next morning , when I could take it to the Humane Society. Poor baby. It poured right after I brought it in too. Never did see the mother again. She use to roam the neighborhood earlier in the summer. Maybe she was moving them, maybe she got hit by a car. Who knows. But at least the baby was saved.
Bunny, glad you got a kindle, we love ours!
Have a great day Ladies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  6:01:17 PM  Show Profile
Another rainy night here ladies. Hopefully this will be the storm that will cut down the awful humidity. There is a big bead expo in Edison tomorrow and I'm going with my good friend. It's always fun to look at all the new beads and findings. Hopefully I will find something special. I relly like it because we are going earl and will be home b the afternoon. The bad part is we will be heading back south on the Garden State Parkway on a Saturday in the summer (translation: massive traffic).
I can't believe how quickly this summer is passing by. It's practically the middle of July already! Time just seems to be going faster and faster. I can't forget to stop and smell the roses. Well I just seem to be rambling on here - have a wonderful evening ladies!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page