Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  1:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Pam, try www.fafsa.ed.gov/ for the financial aid website. Sorry the other one was wrong.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  1:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sisters...Remember
God closes doors that no one can open and
God opens doors that no one can close.
Keep the Faith!

Good for the jobs Staci and Bunny. Happy Dance.
Scones are my Favorite! I could eat some now! Or Later!LOL!

See prayer really works...look how we have prayed each other through and out of situations.

My Aunt's funeral was today. My Uncle was the most loving and devoted husband. He held her hand every night until she fell asleep until she died. He has some dementia but never left her go to a home and never left her side. He took care of her himself until he needed help. My cousin then had a livein caregiver for them and then hospice at the end. He will still have the liveins. Such devotion and love...we should all be half as lucky! They were married 50 years. Just breaks my heart for him but also makes me smile for all the rest!

All in my thoughts and prayers!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Darlene-I'm so sorry about your aunt. Lots of love coming your way.

Thanks Bunny! I'm definitely gonna check it out and get started. I wish we were closer, we could craft the time away. We need to plan a crafting/window shopping day with Ms. Peggy.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  5:45:53 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...your blog looked great! I think in your first sentence you wanted the word 'these' instead of this (easy mistake when you are typing) I do it constantly. I went on to your fabric site to...you have some beautiful fabric. Nice job on both!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  7:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, thanks for checking my site for me.. I'll fix the boo boo.
Pam.. I wish we were closer too. A day with you and Peggy would be wonderful.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  5:41:13 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies
well its rainy like you can't believe and the wind omg its wicked strong
my poor little flowers i hope they survive...
i made some macaroons and and i french vanilla tea so help yourselfs..
prayers and blessings for all
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  04:31:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi all ~ I popped in a while ago but I finally had a chance to catch up on all of the reading. What a truly wonderful supprtive group of ladies you are. Mind if I sit for a bit?
Bunny~ I wen tover to your new blog. It looks so good and your quilting is gorgeous!
Deb~ I emailed you with my address - can't wait for the tea swap!

We also had wicked wind last night. The rain was actually falling sideways. Now, I look out in my backyard and right next to my garden I have a small pond(or a huge puddle) and yes , there are actually two ducks swimming in it(LOL).

Right now the sun is trying to peek out from behind the clouds. I think that might be my cue to get outside and try to finishthe fencing for the garden! Wish me luck.

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  11:07:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm trying to make it look a little more professional and easier to find stuff. Tuesday is my first day at my new job. She wants me to be in charge of classes. I told her I would do a website for her and put the class schedule on it. I of course will have my own offerings. I hope it will get more people in the store.

Elaine, funny about the ducks in your "pond". Some of our other farm girls are raising ducks. You just needed a little rain and here they come. Send them to Angela, she has too many frogs and says the ducks eat them.

The weather has been strange. Yesterday and today look sunny but soo windy. My nephew is coming over to show me how to use the lawn mower. It is starting to look like a jungle. Part of it will have to be trimmed with a weed eater first.
Hopefully it will stay nice so I can get some yard work done.

My poor nephew is dealing with my sister butting into his life big time. He and his wife just had a baby. She is very lonely for her family in Arizona. My mom says she is going to leave my nephew and go back with her family. I talked to him yesterday and he said it wasn't true. That they were very happy but thinking about moving back to her hometown to be in a more supportive atmosphere. Years ago he was accused of rape at a party. Apparently the girl had a history of doing this. My nephew is sort of mentally challenged and without the support of family and enough money for a good attorney he ended up being convinced by my mom and sister to plead guilty. Very sad situation but now he is listed as a sex offender. If you ever met him you would know it just isn't possible. Especially since the girl that accused him had done it before and was 15 and on probation. But none of this was taken into account and there was no trial. It is sad how easily a young girl can ruin a life with an accusation like that. And it was a year after she said it happened. So no actual proof. But he was badgered by my family not to go to trial because they couldn't afford an attorney and the public defender didn't have time to deal with it. He told him to plead guilty too. Sad.... anyway, so this means he is limited in where he can live and work. His probation is long over but the label is still there. I feel bad for him and his wife and totally understand why they want to be surrounded by people who love them instead of my sister trying to control them.

Anyway, today is a cleaning day I think. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday afternoon!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  12:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Aunt! There are some loving couples out there that are such great examples for us to watch. We should all have such wonderful spouses and have such love so devoted.
God Bless!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  9:24:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I'm finally on spring break!
Darlene, I'm so sorry about your aunt. I have never had anyone close to me die, but my heart still aches for your loss. Your uncle sounds like an incredible man.
Bunny, glad to hear you're doing better:)
Ms. Peggy, how are you? I hope your fibro isn't bothering you too much:)
Well, it has definitely been a tiring start to my spring break! I left school early Friday so my forensics team could go to our state competition. We went with our brother all-boys school, and we had such a good time! I had so much fun with my friends, and now I'm ready for a relaxing spring break:)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  11:57:27 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Your Uncle sounds like a special man. I'm so glad he will still have live ins to help him out. After all the time he spent taking care of your Aunt, being alone would be very hard on him. They can help him adjust.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  12:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!

Darlene - I'm sorry to hear about your aunt also. Prayers winging their way to you and your family.

Not much new here - icky weekend with heavy rain and high winds. Got a little done around the house and vegetated the rest of the time!

I'll be leaving for Vermont for a few days on Friday to spend Easter with my mother. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather since PA requires you to take your studded snow tires off your car by the 15th of April.

Hugs to all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  3:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Girls! Sounds like everyone is staying busy.
Sorry to hear about your aunt, Darlene. Sending hugs and prayers.
Bunny~ Your poor nephew. I wouldn't blame him and his wife for moving closer to supportive relatives. Awful what that gal did to him. And that a public defender not taking the time to defend him properly is just terrible. Unfortunately that sort of thing happens around here too.
Luanne~ Hope you have a safe trip and a good visit with your mom. :)
Megan is your spring break a little more relaxing now? hope so.
Staci~ YAY your DH got the job! That's fantastic news!

I have been working on the new business. I've called it Bless Your Nest. It's a home party business. There's things for the garden, home, gifts, a little of everything. I have a couple of friends hosting catalog parties and my first home party is next month. I felt like I was burning my candle at both ends and in the middle. Then I popped into the library the other day and found Mary Kay Ash's book You Can Have It All. What a great book! Just what I was needing. A lesson in something I seem to have forgotten- getting my priorities straight!
The kids and I have made a plan to share household chores and they pitch in and help make the menu for the week. The apartment complex seems to still throw a wrench in my new plans every so often. So my schedule gets changed around more than I like. I'm thinking I should probably ask the manager to find someone else to clean the empty units and I just stick to the main buildings. I haven't cleaned the last few empties anyhow. I've had a friend come in and clean them.
Ahh it's time to go and fix dinner. Have a great night!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  4:27:54 PM  Show Profile
It was a non rainy day here today. No sun - just no rain - but I was able to get a lot done in the yard. Unfortunatelty it looks like rain for tomorrow.
Darlene~ I am so sorry for yur loss. Prayers for you and your family.
Bunny~ Your nephew sounds like he needs a few extra prayers - sending them his way. It might be the best thing for him to move hs family to a more supportive environment. It sounds like he has had more than his share of pain and grief to deal with.
Melanie~ Congratulations on the new business! What a wonderful name for it!
Megan~ Enjoy your spring break!
Luanne~ Have a safe trip and enjoy your weekend!

I really want the warmer weather to come. Or at least for the dampness to go away. It feels like every muscle in my body is aching and some warmth would do me good!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2882

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  06:15:02 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies I am in need of prayer. My furnace quit sometime during the night. No idea what that will cost or who I am even going to get to look at it and of course I will have to be off work today to try and get all taken care of. Will report back later and looking to the Lord to work this one out for me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  09:31:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days but that has been
due to my fibro-pain levels.

Darlen Darlene...sorry to hear about your Aunt passings away. That is rough. I only have
one Aunt left myself and I dread that day when The Lord takes her home. I dread it for me
not her. She is a dear sweet soul.

Cherime...I will be praying God's wisdom and provision for you on the furnace. Not Fun!

Megan...Hope you are doing some fun things over your Spring Break. I am sure that just
not having to get up everyday for school is relaxing and fun.

Elaine...good to see you on The Porch again. Talking about achey muscles...do you suffer with fibro too?

Bunny...hope the job goes well for you this week. It will probably feel really good to be
back working with the public again. I love people, so I always enjoyed serving them. Even the
strange ones were fun...usually gave me a chuckle for the day.

Well, I am off to do laundry girls...more later. Have a Fabulous Day no matter what you are
doing.

blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  12:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi All~ Still very damp and rainy here - ugh - I could use some sun!

Cherime~ Sending prayers your way. It is aggravating to have to sit home (miss work) and wait for a repair man - I hope everything works out for you!

Peggy~ I am in the middle of trying to figure out what excatly is going on with me. The doctor says he thinks its fibro - but waiting for tests to come back. It is very frustrating!

Bunny~ Hope the job goes well this week!

Heading into the kitchen to make some spaghetti sauce (maybe some meatballs too). Everyone stay warm, dry and safe!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2882

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  12:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Cherime, I've been there! Not fun at all. I hope it's nothing too serious.

The sun is shining at least for one day! YAHOO!!! I mailed out all my tea today too, so watch your mail. I tried to find a good Easter one but they just didn't have any. BOO! Mark is filming today and stressing out. He is doing another HP Printer commercial and the lead person is a jerk. He keeps texting me and I keep telling him deep breaths.

How is everyone else doing? I made a gooey cake and eveyone needs to try a piece. It is SOOO sweet but great with some strong coffee or tea.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

reereebee
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Marie
Clark WY
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  12:45:29 PM  Show Profile
I don't jump in too often on these chats, but the weather in NE Florida is beautiful! Just wanted to send some sunshine out there to everyone else.
Also, I have another post about my upcoming adventure:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49999

I'd love your input .

--Marie--
Farmgirl Sister #1627
www.reereebee.etsy.com

“Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else” - J.M. BARRIE, Novelist

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  2:47:48 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies
its another rainy day here and there is flooding again 3rd times the charm 10 miles up north..
Maire send that sunshine here...lol
Darlene prayers for you for the loss of your aunt.
well guess i'll go bake something.
have a blessed night
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  3:54:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
It is raining and hailing, and it is cold here! Not a very nice way to spend spring break. But it just gives me an excuse to sit and write, read, and crochet! I'm also going to watch the movie Country Strong later, so it's not too bad. I hope everyone is getting better weather than me:)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  4:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Raining and hailing here too!!! So all I could do was bake. Made some Quick Oatmeal Bread,
Baking Powder Biscuits and Corn Muffins. Left some on the porch for y'all....hope you enjoy. :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  6:36:29 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I'm so sorry about your heater. I said a prayer for you. You have had more than your share of not so nice stuff. Time for things to come around your way for sure. I worry about you without heat.

Peggy, nice to see you here again. Our weather finally brought a little sunshine I hope you are getting some too. Go warm up in a window somewhere!

Melanie, I love the name of your business. I think it is great you are having your kids get involved with helping you. I hope you do an awesome business. I sold Tupperware for a few years. I was a manger with the van and everything. But it turned into almost a cult. Every Monday we had to go to San Francisco for our "rallies" and ended up spending money on the weekly new stuff. It ended up costing me more than I made. Be careful you don't get caught into that trap. I also did Pampered Chef. I loved that. Parties were really fun for everyone. Can you do online sales with the company? Or I would say online parties.. maybe that would extend your sales. I hope it does great for you. It was always fun no matter what. (as long as here wasn't alcohol.) I had one hostess that got so drunk.. not fun.

To all the ladies dealing with storms... hang in there. Hopefully your dry weather will be here soon. I remember many Easters with major snow on the ground.

Well, my first day went well. My boss is totally unorganized. I am working on a website for her to organize the classes and help advertise them. It looks like she was sending out email newsletter at least. But hopefully the website will make it easy to see pictures of the classes and schedules. I'm also having the teachers send me pictures and bios. Then I'll work on the blog stuff to focus on new arrivals. I hope it brings more business. Her mailing list has almost 300 people on it. You would think I could sell a few classes out of that. But I have lots to do and being there by my self is nice. No one looking over my shoulder. She gives me a list of what she wants done so that helps too.
My younger son has been going around and filling out applications for work. He went into a pet supply store today. He told me he really liked the manager. He said she was young like 20 something and had tatoos everywhere. On his application where it asked why they should hire him, he put "I'm really easy to get along with and I'm very tall so I can reach things other people can't"... sigh.. She did spend some time with him and he told her he was available to work any time. So hopefully something will come of it. He is interviewing at KFC tomorrow. I really hope he gets something soon.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  8:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all for the condolences. The Aunt I'm closest to is going to be 90. She is my mother's sister and the sister to my sweet devoted uncle. It will be a sad day when she goes. She is a real farmgirl like us. She makes me feel like I'm her real kid! LOL! She has a son that has MS and has been bedridden for 25 years. He can only move his one hand and his head. He can still eat and swallow. Poor guy. His wife has kept him at home the whole time. We went to see him saturday and it is just heartbreaking. He never complains and is always happy. I shouldn't complain about anything anymore! His sister has MS also but only needs a brace on her foot. She lives on a farm with all her animals and she still works. One of the GDs has MS too. Tell me that isn't hereditary. They used to say it wasn't!

Cherime...Praying for a quick,easy and inexpensive fix. Been there a few years ago. Never ends does it? Give it to God!

Bunny...You really sound like the owner already...that is your calling. You are so talented I am sure you will be a success with your classes. Hope your son gets the job. Your poor nephew. He should run away from the toxicity or he will only be brought down and down. He needs to get his child in a better place.

Luanne...Safe trip. Glad everything is calmer and healthier!

Melanie...Is your business a known party plan? Tell us more.

Peggy...How are the Pups? Your sister?

Mel...I cook in this weather too. I always cook but when the weather is awful I really cook. Soooooo help yourselves to some london broil smothered in mushrooms, zuchinni, oven browned potatoes, homemade whole wheat bread and strawberry muffins.

Megan...such bad weather for your break! Chilax and enjoy the peace.

Pam...did you go to the Stash store? I see online they have a licorice tea. I love licorice so I bet it's good! Did you ever try it? How's the Boss these days? Did he hire anyone else to replace the other girl?

It was raining and cold here too. Sick of it already!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  04:18:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porchies!

The fog is so thick here this AM that I could hardly find my way to work! At least it is supposed to get sunny for a little while later this AM before the rain moves in AGAIN!!! I think I'm gonna grow webbed feet soon - darn........

I'd like to ask a favor - my dear cousin in Florida is in the hospital with a multitude of serious health problems - CHF, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. etc. Would you girls please keep her in your prayers? She is like a sister to me.

Hope everyone has a great (and dry) day - hugs to you all.

Thanks!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page