Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  08:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Cherime~ Praying for you. Hoping you stay warm.

Peggy~ Hugs and prayers to you too. Hope the fibro lets up.

Pam~ It’s been forever since I had gooey cake. Mmmmm

Megan~ We watched Country Strong the other night. Did you like it? I thought it was ok, but not one I’ll add to my favorite list. There’s only a few movies I’ll watch over and over.

Mel~ Quick Oatmeal Bread? Hmm Mmmmm sounds good. I’ve never had it before. Don’t mind if I do try some. Hahaha

Bunny~ You are so taking charge of that store and cleaning it up! That’s fantastic! You are doing great and your boss is going to be tickled pink! Hope things work out for your son. LOL to the “tall comment”. I’m so short (not really 5’5”) but I feel super short in my house with the high ceilings. I need a full ladder to do just about anything in this house. My son finds it funny as he’s only twelve and already 5’7” and still growing.

Luanne~ sending hugs and prayers for you and your cousin. {{HUGS}}

Darlene and Bunny~ Bless Your Nest isn’t a “known” party plan. Not yet anyway. It’s new. In fact it’s my baby. I have been thinking about my cleaning service and what wear and tear it causes to my body. And can I really keep this up until I retire? Maybe to some degree but not at my current work load. My mom is always on me to find something not so hard on my body. So I got to thinking…. I thought about going back to school. But what would I want to be? Well I haven’t got the foggiest idea. Although right now I think I’d like to take a course in web site design. So no website yet. I’d love to have one. I’ve been researching and trying to learn how to make a nice site. Wow there’s a lot to learn.!

We had some wicked weather move through last night. Funnel clouds popped up all around and a couple of tornados. It seems like every time we have nasty weather it forms a pocket around our town. It hits south and north of us. We got to try out our cellar for the first time last night. But we are all ok. Thank the Lord!

Well LadyBugs, honey is here and he’s hungry. So I better go feed him. Have a wonderful day!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  09:17:59 AM  Show Profile
Heater is working after a $26.00 infusion of cash. Good thing I did not buy heating oil. So I am eeking the fuel out more than I was before. God is good and I know that the fuel will last until I can get a refill. The guy did warn me that the heater installation is not to code because the vent pipe is too close to the second story outside wall. Well phooey, that wasn't in the manual when we installed it and no problems in 8 or 10 years so I am going to ignore that for now. There might be something to do about it later in the summer. Will talk to the Lord about this and I am sure he will think of something :)
Praise God Melanie that nothing popped out on top of you.
Luanne will be praying for her and a revelation of His healing touch.
The weather has been amazing here in AK. Another day in the 50's with sunshine.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  09:28:36 AM  Show Profile
OOPs make that a $260.00 cash out on the heater and thanks for the prayer it helped and blessing on all who are in the eye of the storm.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  10:51:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi All~

Luanne - It was very foggy this am here too. I couldn't see three feet in front of me. What is amazing to me is that people conyinue to drive as thoug it is a brgiht clear day! I am sending prayers your way right now. Your cousin will remain in my heart and prayers.

Cherime~ I am glad that you finally have heat. My hot water heater just went last week and it was painful to have an new one put back in!(painful to my pocketbook that is)

Bunny~ I am sure that you will havethat store turned around in no time. I laughed out loud when I read the reason your son gave to hire him. "Tall enough to reach everything". That is good! I hope that he finds a job quickly!

Mel~ I would love to know how to make that Quick Oatmeal bread - it sounds delicious!

I ust noticed that the sun peeked out fron behind the clouds - I think I will go outside and sit in it while it lasts!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  5:56:51 PM  Show Profile
Thought I would take a minute to pop in tonight and say hello to everybody. I occasionally can jump on at work, but it's been too busy even there. Miss the chitchat here.

Weather here in Michigan is nutty to say the least. Snowed Monday (shaking head). Yesterday it was sleeting when I went to work and then we had severe thunderstorms roll through during the night. Electricity went out for a couple hours. DF jerked up in bed waking me up about 3:30 and noticed the alarm clock was off. We were having a brown out. I'd never heard of it before. Some of the lights would turn on but were really faint like they were on a low dimmer. We had to turn off all the computers and he unplugged the frig so they wouldn't get damaged with a power surge. My son got up for school at 5 and there was no electricity at all. When the alarm went off at 5:30 for me to get up all the electricity was back on and working normally for which I was immensely grateful. His hopes of having no school were dashed though LOL

Received a call from my oldest son, Matthew, last night. He deployed today for Afghanistan. Nothing like not keeping your mother in the loop on changed ship dates. I wasn't expecting him to leave until next month so I'm still processing that he's left. I'm going to set up a Skype account so we can chat and video back and forth while he's over there. He's talking about taking his R&R leave in October so it won't be to horribly long before I get to see him again. He'll be deployed a year.

Well, need to knock out a load of laundry and do some cleaning in the bathroom before I drop into bed. I hope I can get a day this weekend where I can just sit, sip on a cup of tea, and catch up in all the forums. Spring is just sooooo busy!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  6:59:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies,
I am officially on spring break now. the little butterflies and I are getting time with family and friends for Easter. So need this. I am just plain tired from all the happenings in my life of late. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning.

It has been so rainy here....I am so ready for sunshine. But weatherman says rain for the next several days. Bah humbug!

Confirmation went well. Was a beautiful day and to see my sons profess their faith and take their first communion brought tears to my eyes. It truly is a treasure to my heart.

Well I am off to have a cuppa of tea and curl up with a book...has been long time since I got to read.

love to you
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  08:50:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone. Hope the weather isn't getting you down. It's ok here, trying to be sunny but the wind is a pain.

Cherime, I'm so glad you have your heater back. Sorry about having to spend so much cash but I'm sure it could have been much worse. So I'm happy for you.

Melanie, there is a website called www.lynda.com it is a wonderful place to learn website design stuff. It costs about $25.00 a month and you can just pay for one month. But I did some research and found quite a few people use wordpress. There are two kinds, wordpress.com (free websites) and wordpress.org you have to do it yourself and then find a host like godaddy.com . Usually it only costs about 10.00 a month at the most to host a site. I'm still totally over my head with wordpress.org. I need to learn some html (computer language) but there are lessons on Lynda.com for that too. You can also try blogger.com and there are lots of people out there with free website templates you can use. You just need to figure out how you want it to work. I wanted things like dropdown menus and really had to search for a template or theme that worked. I'm doing the wordpress.com site right now just so I can have something. But check it out.

Tammy, I'm sorry you didn't get much notice from your son. I think the military does that a lot. Thank God for Skype! Something about being able to see his face helps I'm sure. I don't know what I would do if my son was gone so far away. I'll say a prayer for him.

Well I need to get ready for work. I had a few visitors yesterday. Past president of the local quilt guild came in and was all excited I was there. She was practically begging me to teach some classes for the guild. I of course said yes. Then I had a young grandmother come in and she wants to take some classes with her granddaughters. So looks like I may be able to get that started. Lots of work to do. My goal is between working part time, teaching and my website, I need to make 100.00 every day to support myself. I'm hoping within a year I can make that happen. Oh... and I have a date Friday night. He is a new reporter from our local newspaper. He just moved here. It should be interesting. (scary) but interesting. I haven't been on a date for over 10 years.
Anyway, have a wonderful day!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  08:52:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh, and yes I met him on Match.com.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  09:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Go Bunny! Whoot! Whoot!

I didn't make it to the Stash store but I found some local tea that is really good too.

Tammy-I am thinking of your son and hope he is safe.

Cherime-that's good that it didn't cost more and yeah for heat!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  09:59:51 AM  Show Profile
Tammy~ Your family and especially your son are in my thoughts and prayers. My cousin, who is in the military, has his orders change last minute all the time. It is very difficult for his wife.

Bunny~ Have fun on your date. I have a girlfriend who has had a lot of great dates through match.com - I hope this is a good one for you!

Tea Lady Tammy~ Congratulations to you for your sons communion - it is a precious gift you give them!

It has been sunny here today but really really windy. It is supposed to rain for the next 5 days - I really need the sunshine at this point. My DD just left for her class at the university. She has been having a rough time. She met this young man about one month ago and they went on a few dates but now he wants to reaarange his whole life and spend every waking minute with her. She broke it off but she feels badly about it. So ofcourse, I feel badly for her. It is true what they say - you feel what your child feels but twice!!! She is a good kid with a good head on her shoulders and I am very thankful for her! Anyway - thank you for letting me ramble ladies! As always it is a pleasure to sit on the porch and talk to you all! Everyone enjoy your day!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2882

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  11:01:21 AM  Show Profile
Alright Bunny! We will be waiting breathlessly for a report.
Elaine, there is a saying about the dating scene in AK "there are lots of goods but, the goods are odd". It is difficult to find a reasonable person in this day and age. That is one reason why I am NOT looking for any sort of guy contact. ;)
Tea Lady T. son's first communion, what a joy and blessing
Tammy, praying for you and yours.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  12:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Cherime~ I Like that saying - going to tape it DD's mirror!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2882

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  1:00:19 PM  Show Profile
It's finally sunny today, but it's still very windy out!
Bunny, I'm glad sunnier times are coming for you. Your sun makes me laugh! And have fun on your date, too
Darlene, I'm enjoying my break, but it'd be better if I could go outside in a t-shirt and shorts!
Melanie, I haven't watched it yet, but maybe tonight.
RFM Tammy, I'll be praying for your son while he's in Iraq.
Tea Lady Tammy, enjoy your spring break! I hope your weather is better than mine:)
I tried to go outside and read, but it's a tad chilly yet for that! So I'm inside, doing some homework and catching up on my reading. It feels like forever since I actually sat down and just read a book for fun! I've also been making a scarf for my forensics coach, but other than that, it's been a very quiet couple of days. I've also caught up on my writing. I wish I had this time when I have more homework!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  10:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone. Just got back from bunko and won two prizes.. yeah for me!

Elaine, I feel for your daughter. My son has had the same problem. He also has been on dates with girls that just seem to want to party all the time and are just looking for marriage so they don't have to work any more. He has a friend though that is trying to set him up with a friend that is an attorney. I hope he at least gets the date.

Cherime, I love your saying. I'll have to tell my son. He will totally relate.

Pam, I got your tea yesterday. Thank you! I need to get out of here for a day. I'm just chicken for some reason to venture out Portland way. I just don't know anything about it. In a few weeks I'll have a Saturday off. Maybe we can plan something. I only have 2 Saturdays a month off. Otherwise it is Sunday's and Mondays.

Well, time to hit the sack.. kitties are piling on and I'm losing ground in my own bed.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  10:01:49 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by embchicken

Hi All~

Luanne - It was very foggy this am here too. I couldn't see three feet in front of me. What is amazing to me is that people conyinue to drive as thoug it is a brgiht clear day! I am sending prayers your way right now. Your cousin will remain in my heart and prayers.

Cherime~ I am glad that you finally have heat. My hot water heater just went last week and it was painful to have an new one put back in!(painful to my pocketbook that is)

Bunny~ I am sure that you will havethat store turned around in no time. I laughed out loud when I read the reason your son gave to hire him. "Tall enough to reach everything". That is good! I hope that he finds a job quickly!

Mel~ I would love to know how to make that Quick Oatmeal bread - it sounds delicious!

I ust noticed that the sun peeked out fron behind the clouds - I think I will go outside and sit in it while it lasts!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2882

Hi Elaine,

If you would like the recipe for the bread:

Go to Cooking.com and look for Honey Oat Quick Bread.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  10:55:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Mel!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  10:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny-I've never played Bunko but it seems like fun. I can definitely show you around Portland. Maybe we can have a cheap bite to eat and do some window shopping. Do you like antiques? Have you been to Fabric Depot there? Holy moly, I could spend a fortune there! I'm glad you got the tea. Tazo is one of my favorites.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  1:49:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...I was on here and typed a nice long post the other night and then my computer 'hick-uped' and I lost it all. That is so discouraging to me that then I don't have the energy to replicate it all. So,
I just get on and read and not post. Does anyone know why laptop keystrokes jump around a lot? I think there must surely be an adjustment I can make on the computer to correct that but I just don't know where. What I mean is...like I will be typing a sentence and all of a sudden it is typing the words back in the middle of the previous line. Drives me to the edge I swear.

Anyway...

Bunny sounds like things are looking up for you. Glad to hear about the date. yahoo!!

Pam...loved the "calm" tea. Just what I need with a computer that has a mind of it's own. lol

Megan...I know you can make your Spring Break great even with bad weather!

Cherime...sorry about that added furnace expense. Hurts the pocket book...to have those unexpected problems arise. Glad you have heat though. Alaska is the last place I would want to live without heat!

Well we have a little sun today...so I am off to go dig in my garden.

Hugs and Loves,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  6:24:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm such an idiot. I went to the wrong place for my "date". He took the names of two different places, one a nice restaurant the other a fast food place.. and mixed them up into one name. So of course I looked at the beginning of the name and went to that place.. the nice place. But I think he was at the fast food place. So I missed him totally. Two people in a new town.. just can't get the names of places right. He said it was Casa Del Mar.. there was a Casa El Miridor and a Taco Del Mar. Now ladies.. where would you have gone? P.S. I didn't know about the Taco Del Mar..
Ugggg!!!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  6:27:03 PM  Show Profile
So I'm in my stretchy pants, t-shirt eating Twisted Puffy Cheetos and a cup of Earl Grey Tea. That and my kitties will make it all better.
Bunny (still spazing)

www.bunnyrose.com

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  9:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy...My computer does the same thing! So frustrating. I'm so not computer literate!

Judy...Thank you for my BD card and teas. Haven't tried either! Sound yummy!

Pam...Got your tea and had to laugh...funny you would send us all a calming tea! Do ya think we need it? Can't wait to see how calm I'll be!LOL!

Tammy...So sorry your son's orders changed. Will keep you both in my prayers. Thank him for what he is doing for us!

TL Tammy...Cograts for your sons! Enjoy your break.

Bunny...Everything happens for a reason. If you are supposed to meet the guy you will. I was really looking for some juicey report so get on it GF ! On the other hand, you are just a ball of fire with the quilt shop! That's your calling...you are so talented!

Cherime...How's your daughter? Pump working ok? Thank God it didn't cost you more than $260.

Megan...Shorts would be nice! The weather has been miserable here too!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  01:32:34 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I only have a minute to pop in. I baked a ton of easter goodies tonight with a bunch of help from my Sweetie!

I'll leave you all some hot cross buns, challah bread, and croation baby Jesus breads! I'll post a few pictures tomorrow.

I have all of you and your families in my prayers!

Bye!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  04:02:07 AM  Show Profile
Bunny~ I would have done the same exact thing you did. If it is supposed to be it will be. I am glad that you are surrounded by kitties. That always makes me feel better too!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  04:26:15 AM  Show Profile
Pam, Thank you for the Tazo tea. It is one of my favorites, though I didn't realize it was brewed in Portland. I will enjoy it as this spring has been cold and rainy in the Hudson Valley. Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  09:01:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi all~ It has been a rainy, rainy day here. I've been in the kitchen cooking up a storm, sauce, meatballs, then a lasagna, fruit salad (my composter is going to be soooo happy). Soon it will be bread and a dessert. Haven't made up my mind what to do about the dessert yet. Just wanted to stop in and say hi and to wish everyone a safe and happy weekend!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page