Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:50:44 PM  Show Profile
Such happy things on the porch!
Peggy, your granddaughter is so adorable, and congratulations on getting another DIL!
Angela, congrats to you for a possible new SIL!
Well I wish I had something good to add to the pile, but's it still just regular ol' Wisconsin! May everyone's tomorrows be filled with joy and spring warmth!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  4:14:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

First I want to say thanks for all the warm thoughts for me. It was tough to put my baby down but as these last few days have gone by, I really feel like it was the right time. I probably should have done it sooner but I have to muster up to courage. Doing better now.

Bunny- The purse prices are well worth it! Let me know and I'll buy a small one from you...just loved the colors of the one you posted. How's the job situation? Have you heard back on the others yet?

Angela- What a great surprise! I got the same treat in December while mulching the garden and I was so excited

Tammy and Pam- My other pets have always been buried at the home where they died but here in Reno the ground is currently frozen so I had her cremated and will bring her with us to Idaho when we move. It's kinda nice to know I can still take her with me

Melanie- Please let me know what you think of the home schooling. We've been considering it too and know several people who have done it and love it. I'm curious to hear what you think. My thoughts on the wedding...it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you and your hubby are happy, how you "seal the deal" isn't so important. We had a pretty big wedding and looking back on it, although it was wonderful I would not have minded keeping the cash in my pocket and done a small wedding.

Deborah- Yummy garlic! I planted some in the fall and can't wait to start eating it!

Tammy- Love the fishy names and congrats on the weight loss! Maybe you'll rub off on me

Megan-as always, you're an inspiration

Peggy-My daughter loves the pic of your granddaughter (she's so cute) and congrats to you on the new daughter-in-law Kids are fine with Sierra gone. Sophia asked a couple times where Sierra was and I just tell her that she's with grandpa. It's weird that a 3 1/2 year old seems to grasp the concept as well as she has.

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Mar 07 2011 4:16:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  4:36:14 PM  Show Profile
Well sounds like everyone is busy around here. I'm just sewing and cleaning most days. I have 2 large and 2 small purses done. I'm going to do some that are just plain for a much lower price too.

Dana, when I get them on my website, I'll let you know. The one I posted went to my son's girlfriend as a gift. But I have more of that fabric, so I'll make another one. I love making them because they are very freeform and I never know how they are going to look until I sew them all together.

Peggy, your granddaughter is sooo cute. I can imagine her wearing you out. But enjoy her while she is young. They grow up so soon. My grandmother was the most important person in my life. I miss her terribly.

Angela, sounds like you have your hands full. I'm glad your soon to be SIL is thinking long term for your daughter. I have a friend who's daughter got married and husband went off over seas and he sent all his money to his dad. She had to live with her mother until he came back.

Melanie, got your tea today. I love Jasmine tea.. I'll have my cup tonight.

Other than that.. not much going on. No news on the job front. I'm working on doing a better job at pictures of my purses for my internet site. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  5:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-she is just too adorable for words and congrats to your son and future DIL.

Melanie-I got my tea today too, thank you so much!

I was up at 2:22am this morning. My brain just wouldn't shut off so I stayed up and listened to Mark snore. LOL!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  6:25:33 PM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies from snowy Nebraska,
oh I am so ready for spring.

Melanie, got your tea today thank you dear

Peggy oh your gd is just so darn cute. I hope you got some rest today and congrats on new daughter in law.

It was a busy day at schoolw ith the little butterflies. They were wound up. Tomorrow is beach day at school. That makes me laugh considering it is snowing out...a beach sounds mighty nice about now.

welkl time for tea and good book

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  6:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Judy- how do you like the Aerogrow? I've considered getting one to grow herbs in the house during the winter. I got an email from them with a special for the Delux for $99 with a special tray to start plants indoors for the garden. I've heard conflicting reports on them, but they're from very unfarm/ungarden savey people so not sure if its the units or if its them lol.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  12:04:32 AM  Show Profile
HI My Porchies...I am still sooooo pooped from Miss Madeline that I barely know my name. LOL But we did have so much fun! Her daddy just turned 37 on March 2nd and when you ask her how old daddy is....she says, "Older than dirt" The first night they came...we all went out to Pizza Dinner at our favorite Pizza Rest. called Vinnie's. They have an old gentleman who plays the Accordion in there and Madeline loved it! She first asked her daddy to dance with her. Then she asked me, on the next song, then Grandpa, then Uncle Shane and then Aunt Sadie, then she danced a couple of dances alone and then she went around asking each of us two more times to dance with her. Every time the man quit playing a song Madeline would clap for him. Then Grandpa had given her some change. So, all night long she kept putting a few cents in to his "Tip" cup. The musician has been playing for something like 69 yrs...and we teased him and told him he probably never played for so many pennies and quarters before. He said,"No, but I have never had a more appreciative audience of one before either." We were there for two hours and Madeline only quit dancing when she scooted up to the table to eat a half of piece of pizza....then she was right back dancing the night away.

Melanie...thank you for the adorable Tea Card and the yummy tea. I am drinking it right now while I am chatting!

I am not going to stay on here long tonight...as I just can't keep my eyes open. Thanks for all the nice comments about my little Princess. She is a corker! And the Congrats for my son and future DIL. Exciting year so far and we are only in to the third month! ~ I was going to go to Spokane next Monday...but still have my youngest sons birthday to celebrate this Sunday. We had My oldest step-son's b-day March 1st, My oldest on March 2nd and then our youngest sons on March 13th. So, with Grand-daughter, birthday celebrations, engagements and my medical procedure...I am exhausted. I can use my plane ticket any time with in the year...so, I think I will wait for nicer weather in a couple months and hopefully I will feel more perky by then. Half alive instead of half dead!

Good Night Angels...you are all loved,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 08 2011 2:52:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  07:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies.
Sunny day here (between snow showers and rain). The birds are singing and in the evenings we hear the spring peepers.
Melanie, thank you for the tea and note card, they arrived Saturday and brightened my day.
I'm working on a batch of fasnachts and wish you all a Happy Fasnacht day. Tomorrow is the start of lent, is anyone fasting?...I'm giving up television from 7-9pm each evening and plan to spend more time with my Bible and some devotionals that have been accumulating. I read a book about fasting by Lynne Babb and she recommends non-food fasts for folks who have struggled with food/diet issues so I'm trying something different this year.
Peggy, I love the stories you share and look forward to hearing more Madeline stories - so precious!
Judy, thanks for the hugs. They mean a lot, really.
Dianne, I emailed you my info. Looking forward to seeing what you're creating for us.
Tea-Lady Tammy, the Florence tea sounds spectacular.
My DH is heading out to apply for another job this morning...praying.

Well, I need to finish up a swap, need to get to it while my dough is rising.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Mar 08 2011 07:38:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  07:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Melanie - so many of the ladies made good suggestions for doing a wedding "on the cheap". I used to have a cake business and try to offer my services as a gift to my friends and their kids, particularly when they are trying to save.
I did one cake in October for a friend's daughter:

and will be doing another this June. (I'm not too skilled with icing flowers , so I always let them know that I like to work with real flowers instead. )
The owl cake topper was a gift from another friend of the family who is a gifted wood carver. It was painted by his daughter who attends Columbus School of Design as a graphics art major. The whole thing was a labor of love. The reception was catered by another group of family friends. Start to finish the whole wedding was a gift of love to this young couple. I hope that as your day approaches, you are blessed by your family and friends, too.

Blessings, staci FG# 973

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  09:05:15 AM  Show Profile
Blessings ladies. Great cake Staci. Have a cuppa for me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  12:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
That cake is beautiful. When I win the lottery, Staci-you can bake me a huge cake. :)

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  2:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Staci...lovely fall Wedding Cake! It does show that a Wedding can be done Beautifully while keeping
the costs down...If you just get friends and family involved and ask them to help out and donate their
talents as their wedding gift to you. ~ Can't wait to see pictures of your June cake. Personally, I like
fresh flowers better on the cake than icing flowers.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  4:54:46 PM  Show Profile
Nice cake...my mouth's watering! LOL
RFMTammy- Dh and I really rnjoy our AeroGrow. The first year we planted herbs and loved watching them grow...when it was snowing and blowing outside.
The 2nd year we had a new Kitty and decided we would spare the poor little plants because we couldn't bear to hear their little screams when "Rascal"(who lives up to his name,thank you very much) would be pulling them out by their roots. LOLOL
This year we,(he) is more like it, decided on peppers and maters. Little did we know that the maters would grow so fast. Now with the roots so long and tangled, I don't know if I can get them outta there and into pots ot not :-( DH says, "You know, we could have ordered the tray for starting seeds in and then transplanted them outside later." WHAT, You mean they had that and you didn't order it??? *Acccccckkk* Men!! }-| Sometimes you just want to send them to their rooms! LOL Oh well, for this year, we'll make do. Next year though we'll get that tray. I can plant any seeds in it too. I don't have to order their seeds. It really is the neatest "Toy." You'll love it if you order one. I might even try flowers in it another time. It's just so much fun to grow things indoors whilst snow flies outside.
We had sun/50/cold breeze. But starting tomorrow we're getting rain and by Thursday, possible snow mixed in, and it's suppose to go thru the w/e. *Yuk* Here we go again!
Take care girls! Love ya!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Cibola
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Remi
Ellensburg Washington
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  5:01:20 PM  Show Profile
The cake is just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Sister #2537
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  8:06:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies!
Dana, thank you so much:)
Peggy, your DGD sounds like a doll!
Well, grades close in a week, so I have to be back to my homework!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  02:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, Thank you for the Jasmine White Tea! Can't wait to enjoy a cup. Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  04:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone

Melanie...Thanks for the tea and card.

Staci...Beautiful cake. You are so talented. If I could I would have my own bakery. Years ago I baked for people. So much one christmas that I didn't bake a thing for us!LOL!

Peg...Wonderful to be blessed with the GKs...even if you feel have dead when they leave. She is so cute and maybe she will be a Rockette.LOL!

I have been MIA again because my dear Pup/Kid had surgery yesturday.
She jumped off the bed on sat. and hurt her right leg. She also had a cyst between her toes on the left foot that was getting larger so to the doctor on mon. Right leg...sprained. Left...surgery. Growths also removed from head and left leg. Teeth cleaned while under anesthesia. I'm broke!LOL! Woke up at 4am and needed pain meds and is now snoring to beat the band.

Prayers and hugs to you all.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the kind words. I love working with real flowers and think they are what make the cake. Of course I'm also very concerned with how it tastes!
So far, so good.

Darlene - good to see you, even if you're sleepy.
Kiss the pup for me.

Blessings, staci FG# 973

Edited by - staci860 on Mar 09 2011 07:28:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  12:56:57 PM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
well west to east were going to get hit as well
with lots of rain again..i feel so sorry for of those who are flooded and another round coming
staci kudos on the cake wow really nice..
today isn't bad YET so i'm bracing for the worse hoping for the best
i bought some tea called tiki very interesting all kinds of yummy stuff in it
going to make a pot tonight and let you all know..
have a blessed evening
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  3:07:59 PM  Show Profile
Today is definately hot tea weather. The rain has been incessant. I'd rather have rain though then more snow. It was a stressful morning at work so that didn't help. Thankfully the afternoon got calmer. I'm baking some chicken parts up with a nice bbq rub along with some fingerling potates and roasting some carrots to glaze for supper. I'll baste the chicken and potatoes with some delicious cherry bbq sauce later. Might even throw a batch of muffins together, make myself some tea, and read a book tonight. It's definately one of those nights that I don't feel like doing anything.

I'm getting excited - my oldest son will be coming home early next week for a visit. It looks like my mom, aunt, and uncle are going to be coming up to see our house and visit with my son while he's home. They haven't seen him since he joined the Army 4 years ago. So that was the exciting news I received today. Now to figure out how we're going to coordinate it since we can't possibly get everybody into our little house at once. LOL I'll get it figured out though.

Hope everybody stays warm, dry, and safe tonight :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  06:45:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, can I stop by. I could use some girl company. I work with mostly men and I am in the between time when I don't have anything to do. Between the insanity of running from meeting to meeting and reviewring projects. the days that fly because there is too much to get done. I don't mind down tme, but am stuck on a computer in an office for 10 hours. Wish I had my crocheted. So I'll bring it along too and a tea that has turned into one of my favorites. Lapsong Sanchong. have fresh local honey too. The tea is a smokey tea. Took getting use to at first, but now I have cravings for it once in a while. Would anyone like a cup?

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  07:09:33 AM  Show Profile
Laurie - Welcome to the porch! I also work with men all day and work on a computer the whole time. I always keep a project of some type with me (knit, crochet, cross-stich or quilt), a good book, and a magazine (or three). Come up and have a rest with us and I wouldn't mind trying that tea, it sounds interesting.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile
Lapsong Sanchong. yes, definitely smokey and with fresh honey. Yep, Laurie, just fill me right up.
Tammy, can I come for dinner? MI is a ways from AK but....I'll be there in spirit.
I have been cooking a lot more since I bought the truck. I need to keep the food budget down. I do love my crock pot, cooks stuff nice and tender and the whole house smells the better for it.
It has been the windiest winter I have seen here since 1975. Horrible, gusts to hurricane force. Mangled my old garage doors and they are hanging by a thread. My son was to help me fix them but we cannot do anything until the wind stops on the same day we both have off. He works 12 hour shifts at the hospital so there is no chance of doing something after work. Maybe, it this stuff stops we can do something this weekend.
However the northern lights were amazing last night. I get up at 4am and they were just dancing across the sky. Check this out. It was further north that I am but gorgeous. http://community.adn.com/adn/node/156142

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  12:08:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...wrote a long post yesterday and again right as I was ready to submit it my computer
froze and I lost it all. That always takes the wind right out of my sails. So, I just hard crashed the computer and went to bed. I am so ready to kick this thing out the window!

WELCOME TO THE PORCH LAURIE! Oh, mercy...sounds like you do need some female company. This is a great place to come for that. And we love to share our teas, coffees and food. Never heard of Lapsong Whatever...sounds interesting...like Dragon's Beard Tea which is a nice Oolong.

Cherime...beautiful picture of the Northern Lights. I would love to see them someday in person. What a
blessings you have! So gorgeous!

Very Stormy here all this week. My Fibro is complaining as well as me complaining. I am tired of being sick and tired. So, I'm off to bed girls for a nap (or as my Dr. says, Rejuvenating-Restorative Sleep) Whatever...I need it.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 10 2011 12:11:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  4:50:31 PM  Show Profile
rainy evening porchies
knew it was coming so well prepared
nice pot of vanilla almond tea with some honey
that tiki tea i made this morning was nice and fruity
it will make a great iced tea if
it ever gets warm again...lol
well ladies have a blessed night
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page